Lulu - 8 - Princess or Frog?

Printer-friendly version
lululogo.pngluluhead.jpg

Lulu

A Dark Comedy About Mistaken Identity

Chapter 8 - Princess or Frog?

by Lulu Martine

 

The limo drove up into the Hills and stopped in the circular driveway of an immense mansion. We seemed to be miles above the city, above the smog even. Almost a fairytale castle, the huge house had towers and a gate with a little bridge over a stream. I thought I had imagined that but later I checked and yes, it was real. Or as real as anything else in my life.

“You’re home, princess,” Alice whispered to me. I didn’t feel like a princess, even with tits. I felt more like a frog, an experimental frog in biology lab. Any moment now, someone would make the incision and take out my brain to put with the other parts of me that had disappeared.

And this wasn’t my home. I lived in a dusty old ranch-style out in the Valley with my parents and my brothers and my little sister. I made texting motions with one hand at Alice but she didn’t get it. If I could just get hold of a cellphone I could call my parents.

What did they think had happened to me? Why hadn’t they come for me? Why hadn’t anyone missed me and come to take me home? I started crying and Alice said, “Yes, it’s so beautiful, it makes you cry.”

I shook my head but I didn’t even try to speak. I knew my parents must think that I was dead or someone would have figured all this out by now and come to take me home. I tried to say cellphone but Alice shushed me then wiped my eyes with tissue and helped me blow my nose.

There were three girls in the car with Alice and I, and five or six more following behind. More girls poured out of the mansion as the limo stopped at the front door. Almost all of them tall and a little unreal looking in one way or another, like bad CGI animation.

They babbled and giggled and several of them bent to kiss me on the cheek or forehead. They called me Lulu or princess or baby or darling. When they had wheeled me into the entry, they offered to let me get out of the wheelchair and walk. My groin hurt and my feet, too, so I whimpered and settled back into the chair.

"She wants to ride," laughed one of the girls. Betti-Sue, I think.

"Don't blame her," said another, the tall black girl with the blonde hair and blue eyes. "Get all the TLC you can and ride when you can't walk."

I had realized that all of the girls, every one of them, had started life as men. Had they all gone through something like what had happened to me? Only, did they want it to happen? They sure acted like they thought I'd won the lottery or something. I tried to hate them for their joy in my misfortune but the sedative or something kept me from working up any real emotion more than a sniffle of self-pity.

Alice helped me settle back into the chair, cautioning me again not to speak. "You don't need to talk, honey," she said. "We'll take good care of you and we can baby you all you want for a couple more weeks. The doctor says you shouldn't walk on your new feet until at least then."

What had they done to my feet? I wondered. I couldn't talk, I couldn't walk, people expected me to stick things up inside me in places where I shouldn't have places. I started to cry and everyone gathered around me to tell me things would be okay.

"You're going to be beautiful, baby girl," Alice whispered to me. "Just like you've always dreamed of."

I tried to tell her I didn't want to be a girl or beautiful. I just wanted someone to call my folks or let me text them so I could go home, but she put a finger to my lips and reminded me that I wasn't supposed to talk yet. Who wants to hear a frog croaking, anyway?

I let the tears run down my face. She wiped them away and kissed me on the cheek and the forehead and called me princess. But even she didn’t sound completely sure of it.

up
139 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

welcome back

glad to see you back, thanks for the next chapter. cant wait to see what happens next.

About Time

I was wondering if I would ever get to read this story again.
Keep the chapters coming short or long it does not matter.

Lulu - 8 - Princess or Frog?

Now I am wondering what all it i that those surgeons did to her?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

glad that this one is back

i predict trouble when lulu gets her voice back.....

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Hadn't spotted this before

I am interested enough to continue reading despite the fact I normally really hate forced fem stories, the premise is interesting and I am keen to see where this tragic comedy of errors goes next - I am hoping that there is a happy ending - I.E. reunited with her real family and finding love and happiness in her new life but I sort of have a bad feeling that might not happen. Alice worries me, she seems really worried about Prince, enough to basically ignore the plight of an innocent child to satisfy this monster.

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Hey Lulu.

Podracer's picture

I hope you have some more of this story in your folder, can't leave Martin sad and in limbo like that.

"Reach for the sun."

More

There are six more chapters written. I'm waiting till I have a conclusion then I will post them, one every other day.

Thanks for the comment and interest.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

More chapters

Podracer's picture

Ah, thank you for that, Lulu, I am quite sure that other readers will be relieved that your victim here isn't done yet. Prince and his "palace" look kind of creepy so far, and surely have something to do with a cover-up at the hospital.

"Reach for the sun."

Thanks for the encouragement

I kind of write creepy well, don't I?

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

An interesting story.

WillowD's picture

And it kept me wondering what was going to happen next. Thank you.

What next?

I know the feeling. While I've had the ending in mind from the beginning, this story wanted to make its own path.

Thanks for the comment.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

I've read the posted chapters...

Iolanthe Portmanteaux's picture

Lulu,

I've just finished reading the first posted chapters, and it's a good story so far. I hope it continues, but even if it doesn't I've enjoyed what I read.

- io

Thanks

Encouragement is good.

I'm waiting until I have a conclusion before I start posting again. It's only been nine years since the last one.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine