Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1277.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1277
by Angharad

Copyright © 2011 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

“Did the Red Queen see your argument?” I asked sleepily as Simon got into bed.

“Not really, unless you consider her saying, ‘Orff with her head,’ every couple of minutes, counts as agreement.

“I need to sleep now, darling,” I said and turned over with my back to him, he put his arm round my waist and kissed me on the back of the neck.

When I awoke, it was barely getting light and I’d had a horrible dream of Stella, who’d turned into an ogress, locking me into a tower and saying she wouldn’t release me until I’d made curtains for all the windows in her palace. When I’d finished that, there was some straw and a spinning wheel to make gold, so she could pay for the material. I looked and saw bolts of material and an ancient sewing machine with a treadle. I glanced out through the bars of my cell and saw the palace had hundreds of windows. I shouted after her, “What’s the pension plan like?” which is probably what woke me up and Simon woke too.

“What?” he asked looking at me prising open my eyelids.

“Eh?” I replied.

“You said something about a pension plan.”

“Did I?”

“Yes you did, what was that about?”

“How do I know, I was asleep then, I’m awake now.”

“That figures–wanna shag?”

“Have you been taking lessons in love making from Australians?”

“No, why?”

“Well, the old joke says that’s an Aussie man’s idea of foreplay.”

“Foreplay? Wassat then?” he pretended to look naive and it made me chuckle which reminded me I needed to wee. Before he could grab me, I slipped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. After the necessary, I striped off my pyjamas–yes pyjamas–real women do wear them, and got in the shower, where a few minutes later my handsome hubby joined me. It’s a very long time since we’ve done that in the shower–washing each other’s hair, what did you think I meant? Oh that, nah it would use up all the hot water, wouldn’t it?

I roused Julie but let the others sleep, they were on half-term holiday, she had to go to work and she grumbled about it all through breakfast. As she left, she said, “D’ya know anythin’ about keratin?”

“Keratin? It’s what skin is made of isn’t it?”

“Yeah, and hair and nails and feathers and ‘orse’s ‘ooves–I gotta do an essay for college on it.”

“I’m sure you’ll find plenty on the internet, get Trish to help you.”

“Thassan idea. See ya later.” She pecked me on the cheek and slammed the door. A few minutes later her scooter thing was putt-putting down the drive. I’d forgotten to remind her she had another driving lesson this evening, so I sent her a text. I know she’s seventeen and still needs to have her nose and bum wiped, which Simon complains about. I remind him he’s over thirty and still needs it too. That usually shuts him up for a bit.

He kissed me and then left for work, I could say the Jaguar roared down the drive and I heard its throaty exhaust as it went into the distance–but it would be a lie. It’s a pretty nippy piece of kit, but it doesn’t roar, it has quite a quiet engine.

I was about to get the kids up when Daddy came back with the dog–he’d been walking her as he does most mornings. “Whaur’s a’body?”

“Si and Jules have gone to work and the rest are in bed.”

“I thocht it wis quiet.”

“Like it used to be before I moved in and brought in half the children of Portsmouth to stay with us?”

“Aye, a wee bitty–no, I prefer it like it is th’ noo.”

“Nearly caught you,” I said and sniggered before kissing his grizzled face.

“Ye scunner,” he said drily and poured himself some of his black sludge coffee.

Looking at it I said, “You know, BP were producing stuff like that off the coast of Louisiana,” and smiled sweetly at him.

“Och were they noo, in which case, there widnae be ony survivors, sae I think it micht hae been somethin’ else, mebbe.” His eyes twinkled and he took his coffee through to his study along with my Guardian. How does he always manage to grab the newspaper first?

The next hour was spent dealing with the nutritional requirements of half a dozen children and Stella. Puddin’ came down by herself, Stella had obviously left the gate open, I sat her in her high chair–Puddin’ not Stella–do pay attention, and gave her a piece of the toast I’d just made. She grabbed it and started chewing hungrily upon it.

When Stella did come down, she was frantic. “Okay, who opened the gate on my bedroom door?” she looked accusingly at all of us.

“I’m not sure it was any of us, Stella,” I said protectively.

“Oh so you’re accusing me, are you?” she snapped back.

“No, but I can’t think of any reason why we would.”

“Vandalism doesn’t seem to need a motive.”

“Since when were you a criminologist?”

“Oh that’s right, if you can’t win an argument go off at a tangent.”

“Which is what you’ve just done,” I answered her back.

“Really, you just can’t wait to be rid of us, can you? Well don’t you dare harm my baby–because if you do, I’ll make you sorry.” She snatched Puddin’ out of the high chair and dashed back upstairs.

“Oh,” I said and looked at the mystified faces at the table. “Did anyone open her gate?”

“No, Mummy,” answered several of them.

I made sure they were all okay and went up to Stella’s room. I knocked and went in opening and closing the gate. She didn’t hear me, she was busy shoving clothes in various bags and cases. “What’re you doing?”

“What’s it look like?” she snapped back.

“I can see that, but why?”

“I can’t stand a moment longer in this place.”

“Why is that?”

“I can’t stand being with you–you smart arse–think you know everything about babies and children–but then you’ve had so many yourself, haven’t you? Pregnancy is such a bitch isn’t it?”

“I don’t know about pregnancy but you can be one.”

“Why you...” she flew at me scaring me and Puddin’ who burst into tears. I managed to repulse her slashing nails and she turned and looked at her toddler and said accusingly, “Now look what you’ve done–get out of here.”

I was speechless but thought discretion the better part of valour and left her to it. I was concerned for Puddin’s safety. As I came down, I heard Daddy driving off to the university–so I had no other adults in the house as Jenny was away last night. I was really worried for her little one, who is a sweet wee thing. I could still hear her thumping about upstairs, cursing and opening and closing cupboards and drawers. In desperation I called Gareth.

I quickly explained what was happening and suggested if he could come over it would be a good idea. He agreed and left immediately. I don’t know if he knew of Stella’s history but I was really concerned for her and both her toddler and the unborn she was carrying.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
225 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Here we go again

Stella's paranoia and insanity. Is she off her meds? It seems to have everything to do with her getting pregnant. She really needs to get her tubes tied. It sounds like she has the usual problem of being too inbred that happens in the upper classes.

Kim

Whodunnit?

If Puddin' is anywhere near as intelligent as Cathy's bunch, maybe she worked out how to open the safety gate herself?

Let's hope Gareth arrives soon and can calm Stella down before she damages any objects or people (especially herself and Puddin'). As with any medication, use of antidepressants is generally not recommended during pregnancy, but apparently NICE have approved one for use during pregnancy (obviously only to be taken on the advice of a GP!) - fluoxetine (perhaps better known as Prozac®). The drastic solution would, of course, be to admit her to the clinic again. If nothing else, a calm environment away from stressors would probably help in its own right.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1277

Me, I think that it is linked to the argument that she had with her brother Simon last night over her expectig Cathy to do th drapes for her without asking .

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Periodic Psychological Breaks?

I know a few people who have little melt downs every few months. Geeze, on of them simply shows up at the door of Ward 5D and says she needs a break. I had always thought that the melt downs of bipolar folk were rather regular and every few weeks? Was her argument with Si what triggered it, or did she argue because she was building up to it? Maybe it was the stress of getting married? Poor girl.

K

Oh Oh!

I have a bad feeling about Stella, more so than my comment on yesterday's Bikesode.

I wonder how much Gareth knows about Stella's medical history, and how much she's told him.

Of course, if Stella thinks that Cathy is going behind her back in contacting and talking to Gareth, we have all the ingredients for a figurative powder keg.

Even her 'I'm taking my toys and going home' attitude seems over the top, but as others have alluded in their comments, we don't know what medication she's on, or if she's stopped taking them, so there could be a full-blown psychotic episode taking place.

Thanks A+B: you certainly do manage to keep things interesting, and it would be intriguing to try to figure out what passes for normal in Bike—I don't think we've had it for some time.

Psychological Strife


Bike Resources

oh dear

kristina l s's picture

It's been building... gently? Hmmm, that'll do. Sounds in my rather limited experience and as others have suggested hinted at like a mild bi polar/schizophrenic thing. Is she on any meds? I don't think so but maybe. Sigh I do hope this gets sorted with minimum fallout. Preferably no people were harmed in the making of this episode after the next few. Phew. Gently.

Kristina

always worry about Stella

she can be a royal pain but Cathy loves her like a sister and whould do almost anything for her and her child. Funny suggestion, having 6 year old Trish help 17 year old Julie with her homework but an excellent one.

The stress of the forth

The stress of the forth coming marriage of Stella and Gareth, plus her arguement with Simon, and now Cathy, has brought Stella up to and possbily over the edge. She may appear to be okay to everyone, but she might also be in a fragile mind set, kept on an even keel with medications. Perhaps she is off of her meds and this is what comes of it.

Perhaps....

Perhaps someone might notice that since Stella's preggers, she might not be taking the meds the shrinks prescribed -while she was in the loony bin last time... Being off for a bit now... Who knows how she'll react. Hmmm. I wonder if she even told anyone?

Still, things get messy it appears.

Anne

Cliffhanger Abby.

Here we go again! More tension, more waiting and wondering.

Aaaarrrggghhh!

This stuff is doin' me 'ead' in!
Wot I wan' is a nice quiet peaceful interlude but that'd wreck the tensionometer ratings and nobody want's that!

Still lovin' it Ange but it's doin' my 'ealf' naah good at all; it's me 'eart' yeh see!

Love and hugs.

OXOXOX

Bev.

Growing old disgracefully.

bev_1.jpg

Stella.

Dear Angharad,

I still love the story, but please be gentle with Stella; she needs some happiness in her life. I am hoping it’s just her hormones going haywire and nothing worse.
Love to All

Anne G

Stella never should have left

Stella never should have left the funny farm. She's a ticking bomb waiting to explode, usually with homicide on her mind.
With all the children who would rush to Cathy's aid, Cathy being Stella's main target. It's a bad situation.

Cefin