The Three Wishes

Printer-friendly version
The Three Wishes

By Stanman63
Synopsis:When a man finds his own Genie, he finds that choosing reality can be fun.

[-][+][-]
I have to admit it. I did it all to myself and now I that I have, I've never had as much fun as I am having now.

It all started when I was walking on the beach and found an old fashioned lamp. I picked it up to take it to Ye Oldie Antique Shoppe because I was strapped for cash as my family had disowned me because I wanted to become a woman. I had been dressing as a girl while in college, but when my parents paid a surprise visit, I found the account set up by Dad was closed, leaving only my own active.

I rubbed the lamp and POOF! a genie appeared, "Greeting, Master of the Lamp. I am your Genie, here to grant you three wishes."

"Okay, If so, then first, make me the woman that I want to be."

POOF! I was now a petite green eyed redhead wearing a gold swimdress with matching leggings, sandals and handbag, "Wish granted."

"For my second wish, I want to always have enough money in my pocket to buy whatever I want."

POOF!I felt a felt pouch appear in my hand, full of money "Wish granted."

"Next, I want a bridge from here to England."

"Mistress, to do that would cause untold havoc. Do you have another wish?"

"Explain politics."

"Want a four lane, or a two lane?."
[-][+][-]
Finis

up
59 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tags

This story doesn't quite fit with the tag "February: Where No (Wo)man Has Gone Before". That challenge is:

February: Where No (Wo)man Has Gone Before

Idea: It is 500 years in the future, and mankind has finally begun mass exploration and colonization of our surrounding stars. What kind of adventures does our kind have, and what changes must we face to survive in this harsh new environment?

Length: 1500 words or more.

Limitations: The story must take place outside of the confines of planet earth. TG content must be based on either the ideas of a changing social structure or some other reason that can be attributed to man's expansion into the wider universe.

What you probably meant was week one instead. That challenge was:

1. In the Blink of an Eye

idea: Write a story with an instantaneous transformation. Aliens, magic, weird nanobots, the method is up to you, but the change is instant. Explore how the change affects the character's views of social situations and day to day activities.

Length: 2000 words or less

The Three Wishes

Thanks! I have fixed that error.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

The point of the challenge is to write something new.

This story is almost identical to a story you wrote in 2008, only without 'the' at the beginning. And it's an old joke to boot. Try coming up with something new and spread your wings.


Blissfull Manic Belle