Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 23

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 23

"You search the boxes in the storehouse..."

----------

After as much deliberation as you feel you can spare, you start out by opening the box of magic potions. Most of the slots within are empty, filled with nothing but shards of broken vials, or their contents have long since evaporated. However, a single, gleaming potion remains in perfect condition, conveniently smack dab in the middle of the box. Its label has long since faded away, but the ruby liquid within glows softly as you lift the vial from its straw bedding and carefully secure it in a pocket of your pack.

"Be careful with strange potions," Lisa says from behind you before returning to her own examination of boxes. It seems she is still somewhat upset over the whole pie ordeal.

Next, you decide to open the box of spell components. As with the potions, most of the contents is either missing or battered beyond the point of usability, but inside you find a handful of crushed flowers, a flask filled with a pungent salt, and three large, serrated teeth. You take them with you, assuming that as you continue to read through your spellbook you can find what they are used for.

Finally, you open the box of reversal charms, figuring something like that MUST be useful. Only two remain. Thinking, you take one of the gaudy amulets and drape it around your own neck, then pick the other one up and take it to Lisa.

"Hey."

"What?"

"Here," you say, offering her the amulet. She looks at it for a moment, then smiles and takes it.

"Thank you. Oh, yeah, take this," she says, handing you a dagger with an ivory handle. "It might come in handy."

"Alright." You secure the dagger in the band of your girdle, then head for the door. Once back in the entrance to the keep, you weigh your options before heading for the stairs upward, Lisa in tow.

At the top, you find yourself standing at the beginning of a long corridor. At the far end is another set of stairs leading up, while on each side of the hallway lie four doors, two to your left and two to your right. All of them bear labels again, leading you to wonder whether the owner of the keep had been obsessive compulsive, or just an idiot.

What do you do?

---Enter the door marked "The Room Of Borderline Incomprehensibleness"
---Enter the door marked "The Room Of Obscenities"
---Enter the door marked "The Room Of Excessive Body Odors"
---Enter the door marked "Magical Library -- abandon all hope ye who enter here"
---Take the stairs up.

----------
Voting begins... NOW!

up
61 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Labeled doors are

Labeled doors are problematical...and Labels can be swapped around, and can also be misleading, not actually stating the type or extent of what is behind the door. The stairs up look attractive, but one's curiosity may overwhelm caution. If you are to open a door, then tentatively trust the lable, ask Lisa if one of her names is Hope to determine if you should leave her behind, and then since you are a magic user, run a spell to determine if the door has a magical trap (though there may be magical items inside if it's a library of magical tomes, you should be able to tell the difference), and let Lisa see if she can spy a mechanical one. If all is clear, open the Library door and look inside.

CaroL

CaroL

I agree, looking for traps is...........

KevSkegRed's picture

...........the obvious thing to do and then:-

---Enter the door marked "Magical Library -- abandon all hope ye who enter here"

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 23

---Enter the door marked "Magical Library -- abandon all hope ye who enter here"

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

sounds good

---Enter the door marked "Magical Library -- abandon all hope ye who enter here"

Up and Up

terrynaut's picture

I say take the stairs up. You've already got a magic book to study. You don't need the library, and the other doors are just plain silly. :p

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Well Said...

Let's go upstairs.

Eric

Upward and onward

RAMI

Take the stairs

RAMI

lets have fun

So abbadon all your hope, prepare your courage and enter the Librery!

Robin

While the library may seem tempting...

...you are supposed to be on a mission - after all, the only reason you restricted yourself to three boxes in the storeroom was to save time, so you could get on with your training asap to defeat the evil mage.

So rather than wasting time in the library, finding an anti-pong spell, viewing obscenities or getting even more confused than you are already, see if you have more luck on the next floor up.

So: Take the stairs up.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I go up

The rooms are strictly need-to-visit basis,so explorin is better.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

My Prediction

Daphne Xu's picture

The voters chose the Magical Library. The adventurers entered, and the story ended in the following page.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.