Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 12

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 12

"You tell the cart-woman your tale..."

----------

You're not sure why you trust this woman, but it is only a few moments before you find yourself spilling your entire tale for her in rapid spurts of speech punctuated by tears, surprising even yourself. At first she seems reluctant to believe you, but as your story goes on her eyes grow wider and wider, until when you mention putting on the girly-belt girdle thing, and waking up a woman.

"What!" She yells, pulling her horses to a stop. "The girdle did that?"

"I dunno, the girdle, the robe, one of them did I'm sure of it! Why?"

A smile starts to cross her face. "Oh, yes, we must get you to the castle as soon as possible."

"What? Why?" You ask nervously.

"Because if what you're saying is true, then the prophecy's fulfillment has begun!"

Now you are really getting worried. "What prophecy? I'm not sure I like this."

"Don't worry, Mage Fortran and Lady Perl can tell you more. Ow, what a grand day it is!"

What do you do?

---Ride with her to the castle to see what's happening
---Claim a need for the necessity and make a break for it
---Pretend you made it all up
---Bean her in the head and take her cart

----------
The voting begins...NOW!("Page 12" posted on 1/29/2011, voting to close at noon CST on 1/30/2011)

NOTES: Not much to say right now. It's getting interesting, no? CHOOSE WISELY.

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm a curious creature...

As I think I said in one of the spin-offs. You're unlikely to do any better by lying, taking control of the cart, or escaping; so so 'go with the flow'.

After all, you're almost certainly not aware of the First Law of Gender Bending, so mistakenly think the mage can reverse your gender flip :)

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I agree

---Ride with her to the castle to see what's happening

Pckles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 12

---Ride with her to the castle to see what's happening

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

option 2

Any prophecy means trouble (most probably deathly trouble) for its hero/in. It is better (and much safer) not to be part of it. I would recommend Rincewind way of solving this problem: So run girl, run!

Robin

Prophecies!

terrynaut's picture

I love prophecies. I just gotta learn more about it so it looks like a ride to the castle for me!

Thanks and kudos! This is fun.

- Terry

You go to the castle, of course.

You go to the castle, of course. Only thing that makes sense. And you may get the opportunity to get wealth, health, and wisdom. Or at least a good meal.

CaroL

CaroL

Suspicious names

Basically, this cart driver seems to be following some sort of apple script. It's probably best just to stick with the program, but that castle just might be full of cobolds or pythons.

I choose option C

Don't Know How I Missed Those Names...

...on first glance.

Can't figure any sensible way around going to the castle and finding out, though. Guess I'll go with the flowchart and take the first option.

(Unfortunately, Jennifer used up all the programming code names that I remembered, other than machine language and basic. And I couldn't work those one in.)

Eric

Go with the flow

The only direct dangers in the castle are being married off and/or sacrificed, but the latter is unlikely. :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

The lesser of four evils ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... Ride with her to the castle to see what's happening: If him becoming a woman fulfills a good prophecy ("Ow, what a grand day it is!") then it's pretty sure "she" is not going to get any help changing back to him at the castle, but he still needs information, so #1 is a necessary evil.

BE a lady!

ride with her

a prophecy sounds at least interesting, and the other options sound risky

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Option 1

Ride with her to the castle. Go with the flow!

Wren

I agree

RAMI

i agree with the consensus. 2 & 3 are not even realistic. 4 can only lead to more grief. Go to the castle.

Rami

RAMI

Run!

Going with the flow, fulfilling a prophecy connected somehow with being turned into a girl by the girdle, seems to be sure to lock you into female form. Not that you really have any alternative from being locked into that. But anybody being elated because of that, and taking you to the lady Perl and mage Fortran? Any man-in-a-woman's-body would want to run as far away as humanly possible!

Just noticed...

Mage Fortran and Lady Perl.

I wonder if in future episodes we'll meet people named Ada, Algol, Cobol, Delphi, Java, Pascal, or Ruby?
Maybe we'll encounter a python, or a character with a lisp? :)

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

No new page today.

Tired. Feel kinda sick. Don't feel like writing today.

Sorry.

Melanie E.

Um, WHAT?

Daphne Xu's picture

"Mage Fortran and Lady Perl"??? Naming a pair of characters after programming languages?

On a more serious note, I've never understood taking prophecies seriously. I mean, someone stands up and majestically pronounces, "The Lord will smite you if you don't sit down!" Do people take it seriously?

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.