Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 7

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 7

"You reach into your bag and offer the troll the sandwich..."

----------

You squeeze your eyes tightly shut as the troll approaches you amid his cloud of squirrels, and in desperation reach for your bag of coins. Is it still there? Yes! You pull out the sandwich, all the mushier and grimy for being shoved among the coins, and offer it to what you hope is the general direction of the troll.

"Hrmm? Sand... wich? SANDWICH!" You feel the sandwich slip out of your hand, a greasy residue all that remains of its presence.

You hear a strange gurgling sound, then the troll's pounding footsteps approaching you again. This is it. The sandwich was nothing but an appetizer, and now you are to be the main course. You feel a large, rough hand rest on your shoulder...

"Here," you hear the troll say, then poke you with his free hand. Opening your eyes, you see a crimson felt robe clutched in his hand and being held out to you. "Sandwich for this. Go with girly belt."

"Uhh, thanks," you say, reaching out to take the robe. He drops it in your hands, then turns to head back into the woods.

"Squirrels like you. Trog like too. Trog help." With that, he pushes his way into the trees and disappears.

The robe is warm to the touch, and smells surprisingly fresh for something that came from the inventory of a smelly squirrel-infested troll. It is also dry, providing it with a distinct advantage over your soaked clothes. Judging that it is doubtful to make your situation any worse, you strip off the outer layer of your clothes and put on the robe instead.

The robe is comfortable, and fits well save for a complete lack of a way to close it. Remembering the troll's words, you pull out your girdle and with a nervous gulp latch it around your waist, pulling the robe closed.

At fist, nothing happens, leaving you to assume that McGrue must have been mistaken in assuming the girdle was magical.

Unfortunately, you assume wrong. With a gut wrenching twist, you feel yourself grow suddenly nauseous as your skin begins to crawl. You fall to your hands and knees, but they're not your hands any more.

As long, dark hair starts to fall before your eyes, you pass out.

What do you do?

---Awaken by the side of the path that night
---Awaken in the back of a cart.
---Awaken in shackles, thrown across a horse.

----------
The voting begins...NOW!("Page 7" posted on 1/23/2011, voting to close at noon CST on 1/24/2011)

NOTES: This is a bit of a different type of choice from your normal everyday "What do you do?" in that instead of choosing your character's action directly, you get to choose what happens to them! I think we all know what the girdle did, so choose carefully which path our reluctant hero shall take!

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ah, those choices

Let's think logically.

The first choice gives us a bit of possibility to do more adventuring in the forest.
The second choice, coupled with Trog's promise, implies the big softie allowed you to be taken. So likely it's a safe choice.
The last one, however, it more than a little unsettling. The villainness of the person is almost guaranteed unless it's a case of mistaken identity. And, if the Trog was there, it implies he won't be able to help you more.

In all, I guess I'll take the first choice (which, incidentally, can lead in the same way as other two choices, save the fact you were awake during the pickup), and awaken by the side of the path that night.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

first choice.

Awaken by the side of the path that night.

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

yes

---Awaken by the side of the path that night

I agree fully!

I agree fully!

Choosing Where You Awaken?

terrynaut's picture

That would be a neat trick. I wish I could choose where I wake up. Hee

But of course, this is just a story. So I choose to awaken by the side of the path.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

What to pick or not to pick

that what matters. So it hard to tell, whether let our hero/in, wake by the road or on horse in shackles... well, it good to be good, but its great and interesting being evil. XD It would be best to see where both posibilities go. I think I will regret it, but lets good, at least for while yet.

lets wake at the side of the road. Lets hope that without groggines.

Robin

Wake up........

KevSkegRed's picture

.......by the roadside.

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

back of the cart

sounds interesting...

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Well lets get a bit kinky

RAMI

Not my norm, but lets get a bit kinky, in shackles across the back of a horse.

Rami

RAMI

They forgot about you!

---Awaken by the side of the path that night

So, everyone's disappeared elsewhere, it's night-time and you're in a strange forest. Not the most ideal of places to be, but then...

---Awaken in the back of a cart.

So, someone's found you, placed you in the back of a cart, and presumably are taking you somewhere. Where? Why?

---Awaken in shackles, thrown across a horse.

Oh dear. Someone's found you and captured you. Not ideal.

So (1) and (2) are the safest, but out of the two, at least you're still free in (1). Chances are the wildlife's asleep, so there's a chance of sneaking through before anything untoward happens...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Shackles.

Shackles.

Once Again...

...the discussion has made me change my mind; I'd intended to vote for the side of the road.

But even if Trog isn't a mental giant, if he allowed someone to pick you up in a cart, the situation probably isn't very menacing. (Though Trog may feel that having started you on your feminine way, it's only right that he hitch you up, so to speak, with the first human male to come along, which will probably prove awkward at the very least.)

Still, I'll opt for the cart.