The First Ten Days of Winter

Printer-friendly version

To the tune of ‘The 12 days of Christmas’ and inspired by a blog by Angharad — who would probably have kept quiet had she known the implications.

Sorry it’s only ten days; explanation at the end.

http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/blog/23956/first-day-winter

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On the first day of winter my true love gave to me;
A beautiful LBD.

On the second day of winter my true love gave to me;
Lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the third day of winter my true love gave to me;
Three pairs of heels, lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the fourth day of winter my true love gave to me;
Four days at the spa, three pairs of heels, lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the fifth day of winter my true love gave to me;
a - diamond ring; four days at the spa, three pairs of heels, lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the sixth day of winter my true love gave to me;
A credit card, a - diamond ring; four days at the spa, three pairs of heels, lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the seventh day of winter my true love gave to me;
A spacious office, a credit card, a - diamond ring; four days at the spa, three pairs of heels, lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the eighth day of winter my true love gave to me;
Seat on the board, a spacious office, a credit card, a - diamond ring; Four days at the spa, three pairs of heels, lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the ninth day of winter my true love gave to me;
A brand new Lexus, seat on the board, a spacious office, a credit card, a - diamond ring; four days at the spa, three pairs of heels, lots of gorgeous undies, and a beautiful LBD.

On the tenth day of winter my true love gave to me;

***CENSORED ***

Now you know why we only got to ten days. I leave it to your imaginations as to what we did until spring arrived.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you very very very much!

Andrea Lena's picture

...thank you very VERY much!



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Thanks!

For the laugh Susan. That was a fun spoof!

Hugs!
Grover

The First Ten Days of Winter

Ah! The mind does conjure many an action, you two very naughty kids. :)

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

And if you take it literally...

OK, admittedly this interpretation would start to get rather implausible after a few days, but by the end of the 12 days, you'd have:

12 LBDs
22 lingerie sets (assuming lots = two sets)
30 pairs of heels (some girls can never have too many!)
36 days at the spa (or 18 weekends worth - 4½ months!)
8 diamond rings (one for each finger?)
7 credit cards
6 spacious offices
A seat on the board of five different companies (evidently there's one company you're not a board member on!)
4 brand new Lexuses (one for commuting to the office, one for shopping, one for driving around the country estate, and one for sheer pleasure)

Or, if your beau is a billionaire and can afford to continue giving x gifts on day x...

40 diamond rings (erm... a different set each weekday?)
42 credit cards (if he can afford the rings, he'll be able to afford the card bills!)
42 spacious offices (probably spread out throughout the world)
Seats on the board of 40 different companies
40 brand new Lexuses (see what I mean about getting a little unfeasible?)

 

Aside: in the original song, the rings were probably originally ring-necked doves (so maintaining a continuity of birds).
So, taking the literal approach, by the end of the season, you'd have 224 birds and 1,008 legs (if you're confused by that, each maids-a-milking would have 9 legs: four on the cow, two on the maid, and three on the milking stool!)

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Who Says Statistics are Boring?

This was both a fanatstic list and an important assembly of statistics - and extremely funny!

Briar

Briar

Based on an old maths lesson

There are several sites on the 'net comparing it to Pascal's Triangle. When I was doing GCSE Maths, we didn't bother with that - we had to work it out for ourselves. It starts off along the lines of taking the song as written:

Day 1: The lovestruck fool sends a partridge in a pear tree
Day 2: He sends two turtle doves, and another partridge in a pear tree
Day 3: Three French hens arrive, together with another pair of turtle doves, and yet another partridge in a pear tree.

So by day 3, the poor girl's got three pear trees, three partridges, four turtle doves and three french hens.

We were then asked a bunch of questions based on this hypothesis, e.g. total number of gifts, total number of birds, total number of legs etc.
Then you estimate a cost for each gift, and work out how much money this poor, lovestruck fool was spending on his girl. Who may think it prudent to dump him by day twelve at the latest for having far more money than sense!

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Pedantic, innit?

Can I borrer yer calculator?

BTW many thanks to all who took the trouble to comment. This was just a bit of frivolity to pass the time between meals. It's amazing how one innocent remark can start a train of thought (DON'T TOUCH THE RED BUTTON!)

I didn't get around to the Lords a'leaping or the geese a'laying; I hope that the lords didn't leap all over the eggs that the geese.....

S.