Rising Dawn Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version


Rising Dawn

Chapter 7 - Beast Vs. Beast

 
I leap from the ground back into a standing position. It moves back slightly, as if to study my new form.

It then leaps at me, I raise my right arm and extend my right fist straight into its face, it oozes into the face for just a split second.

Then its head falls around my fist, then spawns several more tentacles from its now split head and launches them towards me.

I launch my self upwards to avoid the tentacles of the beast, its now doing a Carrion Crawler impression with the amount of tentacles.

It turns it head up towards me, looking at me then it uses some of its tentacles to move to its back. What can it be planning to do, I land myself on a tree.

Then I see what its planning, the tentacles on its back begin to merge and expand into wings. While this is happening it takes it head and merges it back together again.

I leap off the tree with both hands in a knife edge formation and dive towards the beast. It uses the wings it now has to leap up to meet me with its remaining tentacles in a spear formation in front of its head.

As its comes towards where I was perched on the branch, I manage to lash out with my hands as I head to the ground, managing to get it in the side. But as I accomplish this feat, it turns one of it's wings into separate tentacles again.

It uses the tentacles to grab the arm which I just used to injure it, and with some force whack me into the tree which I just leapt from. Ouch that hurt and I end up on the forest floor.

It lands on the tree which I just been thrown into, and begins to walk down it towards me. Damn I thought this beast soul would help me fight it.

It is then I realise, If I have a Beast soul then that means, I have access to any beast that should exist, not just Cats. Oh this is going to be fun.

So I think instead of being like a cat, I think being a bear would be better. So with that my hair returns to normal length, my tail disappears.

The colour of my suit, skin, tights and socks becomes a brown color. My boots take on bear paw appearance.

My hands enlarge slightly to take on the now enlarged claws on my hands. Well this is going to get better for me.

I slam my arm into the tree and the thing nearly snaps in two with the amount of force I put into the blow. This causes the Beast to be violently thrown off the tree back to the edge of the clearing.

Damn I have impressive strength, it rights its self back up once more. Then it begins to shed its tentacles into the ground.

What could it be planning, well that thought is acknowledged when the shed tentacles begins to co-lases into 2 more of its self.

Oh Boy.


Well the fight has begun, also in typical anime/manga style this fight is set to last a few chapters but not too long so more plot can appear

Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 8 — Three on One

up
88 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rising Dawn Chapter 7

Time for her to get nasty and break the rules.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Can Dawn call up only living

Can Dawn call up only living animals or can she call up animals who roamed the earth eons ago, such as raptors in the dinosaur ages? That would really be interesting in a fight to find yourself engaged as a raptor. Jan

Interesting Point

Well, Beast soul should really be called - Animal Soul

There might be Dino Soul later on

What's really

The nice thing about the story so far is that she hasn't lost her childlike innocence. Please don't let her become jaded.