Sam & Jess - 14

Printer-friendly version
“Yes, we came here today to have my daughter’s ears pierced.” Mom said pushing me to the front of the group. ‘Grrrr, thanks a lot mom.’

 

Sam & Jess
Chapter 14
 ©2010 - Andrea Ribeiro

  


 
After lunch I and my increased entourage of female teenagers went to a shoe store to pick me a few pairs of what they called essential shoes. Once inside each girl went to a different direction like they were on a mission, and I guess they are.

After a few minutes Jess came to me and asked. “Sam, do you know your shoe size?”

“Actually I don’t. Maybe we should check my trainers to find out.” I told her.

“Okay, but I think we will need to convert it to girls size.”

I took my trainers and gave it to Jess for her to check it.”

“Hmmm… Sam?”

“Yes?”

“I just noticed something about your trainers.”

“What is that?”

“They are girl ones.”

“What? MOM!”

Mom came to me and said. “Hey sweetie, is there something wrong?”

“Mom, Jess just told me that my trainers are girl trainers, is it true?”

“Yes they are. There are no male shoes your size. It was either that or get children sized trainers.”

“Which is my shoe size?”

“5 in women size, but I did get you some that looked pretty much unisex.”

“Wow Sam, your feet are small.” Liz said.

“Oh well. I guess I can keep my trainers then.” I told them

“Yes you can, but we need to get you at least one pair of trainers that are a bit more feminine.” Jess said.

After what seemed an eternity and trying several pairs of different styles of shoes I ended up with a pair of trainers, a pair of 2 inch black shoes, a pair of sandals, a pair of Mary Jane's and a couple others that I can’t remember the name yet, totaling six pairs of shoes. The girls told me that soon we would need to get more shoes as there is no such thing as too many shoes in the girls vocabulary, but six pairs was a good start.

After we left the shoe store was time to have my ears pierced. We went into a store and looked around the earrings available. The salesgirl came to us and said. “Good afternoon ladies. Is there anything we can do for you?”

“Yes, we came here today to have my daughter’s ears pierced.” Mom said pushing me to the front of the group. ‘Grrrr, thanks a lot mom.’

“We have several pairs of starter studs and the piercing is free.” She said showing us some earrings.

The girl’s suggestions were a bit over the top on the feminine size, hearts, butterflies and such. In the end I chose mom suggestion. It was a simple stud with a small deep red stone that the sales lady said it was garnet and according to mom it is my birthstone.

The salesgirl said she would use a piercing needle because it was better than use a piercing gun and less traumatic for the earlobes. ‘Dammit I knew there was going to be more needles’

She then cleaned up my earlobes and before I knew it I was the proud owner of pierced ears. ‘That was it? I didn’t feel a thing.’

I looked at myself in the mirror and the earrings looked pretty good on me. The girl then explained how to care of my brand new holes while they healed.

After paying we left the store and mom asked me. “It was not so bad, was it?”

“No mom, it wasn’t. Actually I didn’t feel a thing.”

“Then maybe we should go back and ask for another hole?” Steph asked.

“Noooooo!” I said and they all laughed.

  

###


  
It was time for us to go home and to another part of what the girls called my “education”, meaning model everything we bought today. Luckily Karen drove to the mall so we didn’t have to try and fit 7 people inside mom’s car.

Arriving at home, everyone grabbed a couple bags from the trunk and brought upstairs to my room. Entering the room Karen said. “I think we need to do some remodeling here, this place is just too plain.” And the other girls (including my mom) agreed. ‘Oh, oh! I bet they are already remodeling my room in their heads’

We started to take the outfits out of their bags and it was apparently the time to start the modeling. It took me almost 2 hours to model all the outfits we bought today, including several changes of shoes. It was very tiring but really fun and educational. They even made me model several variations mixing and matching several times.

My mom asked the girls if they would like to dine with us and they called their parents before accepting. My mom then asked what we would like to eat and we said we would like to have pizza tonight again.

“So what are the plans for tomorrow?” Jess asked us while we waited for the pizzas to arrive.

“I don’t have anything planned. I was thinking maybe stay at home and relax a little. Today it was a very tiring day.”

“Actually tomorrow morning Sam has an appointment at the beauty salon for a little makeover.” Mom told us.

“Ohhhh, can I go too?” Steph asked.

“I want to go too.” Jess added.

“I think we all want to see Sam new look tomorrow.” Liz said and the girls all nodded.

“The appointment is at 10:00, so why don’t Jess and Steph meet us here at 9:00 to go with us and the rest of you girls meet us there at noon and we can all have lunch together?” Mom asked them.

“Okay.” They chorused.

  

###


  
The pizza arrived and I think we talked more than ate. I even was able to be part of the conversation, after all half the time they were talking about me. After a while I started to get misty eyes and Liz was the first one to notice.

“What’s wrong Sam?”

“Oh, nothing, It’s just that for the first time in my life I feel like I am part of a group, that I belong with you guys. Corny I know.”

“It’s not corny at all, Sam.” Steph said and Jess hugged me tightly.

“And you do belong with us.” Jess said and all the girls agreed.

Mandy came to me and said. “You know, when you first told us you were a girl I was a bit skeptical but after all we went through today I can’t see how anyone could ever think you were a boy. You are a bit green yet, but everything about you screams girl. I feel that you suffered a lot and I would be honored if you could consider me a friend.” And she hugged me.

“Thank you. I’d like that very much, Mandy.” I told her hugging her back.

Too soon it was time for everyone to go home and after everyone left I went to have a nice bath to relax. After the bath I dried myself, put on a new pair of panties and a new nightgown. I was so tired that I think I fell asleep even before my head hit the pillow.

  


  
To be continued....

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

belonging

We both know only too well how important it is to feel loved and to belong to a social group, even one that is 'merely' virtual.

This chapter touched me in a very personal way, and yes, once again the 'tear factory' was working overtime! I love your work Andrea! Keep it up!

Christi_line_drawingcropped2.jpg
__-=Foxxe=-__

Another great episode!

Short and sweet. I kind of know how Sam feels. After being (sorry) boring and alone, becoming a part of the group is almost overwhelming. Sam is now a part of a wonderfully large group, the sorority of women. I am not all all suprised the she got misty eyed.

Wren

Wow!

Andrea Lena's picture

...while it's certainly not the first time, I sorta know how she feels when I think of my friends here.

“Oh, nothing, It’s just that for the first time in my life I feel like I am part of a group, that I belong with you guys. Corny I know.”

“It’s not corny at all, Sam.” Steph said and Jess hugged me tightly.

“And you do belong with us.” Jess said and all the girls agreed.

Continues to be a great story that gets better with every episode. Thanks!



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I second that emotion

ah, to have that feeling of belonging.

DogSig.png

Sweet

littlerocksilver's picture

Oh, to have been so fortunate.

Portia

Portia

Slow down!!

ALISON

'I love this story but I do think that the girls are lacking in empathy for Sam. She is not going to become a girl overnight and the friends should give her some breathing space and some time to collect
her thoughts.Mum seems to be a little bit overboard too and should show more understanding of her new
daughter and the problems that are sure to arise.

ALISON

That Was My Thought Also...

...while reading this part, though time compression isn't uncommon in stories like this. (Nobody really wants to read "And then we sat around for a few days...") Still, things seem to be moving faster than Sam would prefer, and she's the one who has to live with all this.

Eric

Um...

I'm not entirely sure where people are getting the impression that "things seem to be moving faster than Sam would prefer". That seems to be projection onto the story by readers more than something in the text itself. Whether or not it would be realistic for Sam to be uncomfortable with the pace of changes or not is a separate question, and not terribly relevant, after all, given the normative conventions of the thematic genre of the story.

-Liz

Successor to the LToC

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Sam & Jess - 14

Being a part of a groupis a blessing for anybody. Now I wonder how Sam will do in school? Will she be voted as Homecoming Queen? Or is that title only here in America?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Perhaps....

Andrea Lena's picture

...or maybe she'll be a regular girl in the real world...stumbling and standing up again as she realizes that just as when she "was" a boy, as a girl she won't have to be perfect and gorgeous to be accepted, just as her friends have shown?



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

You know...

...I >love< reading just that kind of story.

Don't get me wrong. I like the other kind, where the protagonist attains great success as a "homecoming" queen or a cheerleader or a superheroine or a successful model or something. That said, it's nice to see stories where that protagonist is a believably "real" person.

-Liz

Successor to the LToC

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"