Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 8 - Duel

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
August 29th 2995 — Holo-Diary Entry 2

Well it has been 28 days since I have arrived here in the 30th century.

I am only writing this entry now, cause I have been so busy. I have had to get used to now being in a female body, which includes all the female bodily functions. Yes I have had my first period; now that was a shock but I am used to it now.

Well after I had a good night's sleep after that first day, Mum or Selina Kaiba as she is known, took me shopping the next day. Apparently overnight I have had a new identity constructed and that now makes me Tanya Kaiba, daughter of Selina Kaiba. Damn EVA moves quick.

Well I was spoiled for choice on shopping, Mum took me to around all of the shops, so I now have my own fully kitted out wardrobe. Which is neat; also got my Duel Academy uniform as well in the month which has passed.

Oh, Mum decided to give me a job at Kaiba Corp. She made me VP in Dueling Technology — so I get to give my opinion on any dueling product developed by Kaiba Corp. SO awesome.

Mum took me to meet the head of duel academy — Franton Sheppard. When she found out that Mum now had a daughter, me, she freaked out. Once she had calmed down, we explained the idea for the entrance exam I would be taking, she agreed with the fact I would be dueling as Tanya Weston not Tanya Kaiba.

Also at the same time, we had taken some of the new Duel Disks to the meeting to show Mrs. Sheppard. She was impressed and agreed with what we had already figured out that would make dueling so much better.

After we finished there, nothing much happened over the next few weeks, apart from my first psychologist session. Brr I hate mind shrinks.

But something I did discover over the month, I am connected to the shadow realm now. I can't summon a duel monster yet, but I can summon a shadow realm pocket and also detect the stuff, although poor EVA, still can't figure out the shadow realm.

Oh well, I have to finish here, cause I’m about to go to the Kaiba Dome for the entrance exam for Duel Academy.

Holo-Diary Entry 2 — Ends

I get up from my nice comfy bed, and get dressed in jeans and tank top combo, pick up deck holders and attach them to the belt on my jeans. One on each hip, then I place my Exodia deck in my left deck holder. I pick up my Dark Magician deck, I pick up one of the god cards and put it in the deck, then put the deck in my right deck holder.

Then I take the 2 remaining god cards and put them in the card holder necklace, which I then put on around my neck. Then from the table nearest my bed which now has my duel disk resting on it, I strap it on my left arm.

Then I pick up my communication ear piece, and then head out of my room, to see Mum and Maxine there waiting for me.

"Hi, Mum. Hi Maxine. You giving me a lift to Duel Dome?"

"Yeah."

"Well shall we get there, so I can see my fellow classmates?"

We head over to the lift in the penthouse; I notice now that both Maxine and my Mum are wearing their duel disks. We head down to the parking level.

Then we stride out along the parking level — till we get to one of the Kaiba Corp. hover limos and we all get in the back. If I did not say that I was nervous at this point I would be lying. It takes 10 minutes to reach the Kaiba Dome. It looks more impressive now, with all of the activity for the Duel Academy entrance exams going on, than it did when mum took me to see it last week.

We park in the VIP area, and we all get out. The nice thing is being VIP, is that Mum can have it that there are no cameras covering us getting out and getting to the building. Also the fact is with people under the age of 16, the exams won't be recorded by anyone who isn’t Kaiba Corp. or Duel Academy staff.

Although my exam is going to be filmed, cause it won't be an exam but an ideal opportunity to show what gift I now have. But this gives me the same pressure as if I was doing a proper exam.

We walk towards the building. Mum and Maxine go in the VIP entrance, I wave to them, they wave back. I head to the front entrance to sign up. I knew already I would be last to be examined, so I get in the queue. I begin hearing the conversation in front of me.

"Well I hope I get in this year."

"You should, I think they need the numbers."

"Yeah, I agree with you on that one."

"Well at least we get the duel arenas."

I snigger.

"You have something to contribute girl?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Then what is it?"

"Well I can say that the testing is going to be slightly different."

"Oh, how do you know that?"

I raise my Duel Disk to be across my flattish chest.

"Cause I have been the lucky person testing this piece of kit."

"What is that."

"Kaiba Corp. Duel Disk System Alpha Model, entire dueling functions on your arm."

"COOOOL."

"Yeah."

"So how did you get picked?"

"I sent a letter to Industrial Illusions, saying how I liked the game. Then I got chosen to take part in a joint Industrial Illusions and Kaiba Corp. private testing project."

"You lucky, I notice you have 2 Decks."

"Yeah, only using my main deck though."

"Cool."

We advance in the queue into the main entrance and I enter in as Tanya Weston. Then we are shown by the security, who do give a raised eyebrow look at me, to the main arena and put into the stands.

By the looks of it, they have set nine of the dueling arenas out, with the stands surrounding the nine, so I take up a seat and wait.

A few hours go and its time for my examination. I look up at the VIP box; there I see Mum, Maxine and Principal Sheppard in the box, they all look at me and then I get up and head to the floor so I get to the duel arena.

As I head down, my Kaiba Corp. comm link lights up, I put it in my ear.

"Its Mummy."

"Yes mummy, I am just on my way to the arena."

"Yes, I know, I want to wish you luck. As does Maxine. So I'll see you soon k?"

"Thank you, Mummy."

I put the com-link back in my jeans, and head to the center duel arena. I walk in to the arena, and I feel the glare on me, from all of the people surrounding the arena. I see Mum in the VIP box with Maxine. Where is Principal Sheppard?

Then I turn to see across from my position on the dueling field. It's Principal Sheppard with a Duel Disk on her arm.

"Well, Miss Weston. It seems you are lucky enough to have the Principal of the Duel Academy administer your entrance exam."

"Yes, I'm highly honored."

"Well, shall we?"

We both activate our duel disks. I put in my DM deck into the deck slot, Mrs. Sheppard inserts her deck in her deck slot on her Duel Disk.

"Well, what are the rules for this examination?"

"Well, 8000 LP, no time limit."

The crowd grasps.

"I take it you're using your personal deck then Principal?"

"Yes, I am."

"Then shall we?"

"Yes."

Both Disks light up, and the overhead screens for the old Duel Arenas light up with our names and LP. So there is one final thing to say.

"Duel/Duel."


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!

For the Definate Card Database of the cards in this story — well the ones which are real and not made up by me

http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 9 — Machines VS Spellcasters

up
36 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 8

I wonder if the girl's uniform is like Akiza Izinski's from 5d. or perhaps more of a Sailor Girl style like Sailor Moon's

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

well

The uniforms are going to be from GX

hmm

Nah, Shes Obelisk Blue, She needs the room and privacy she can get as a Obelisk blue.