Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 7 - It's Time to Duel

Copyright  © 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
Overall it takes me 30 minutes to make my original deck.

Once I'm finished, one of the staff arrives with my lunch.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome, Tanya."

"Wait, did EVA already input me on the system as Tanya Kaiba?"

"Yes, she has."

"Ah, cool. Don't you think you should get the drinks to my Mum and Maxine Pegasus?"

"Oh, I should."

She lays my food and drink down on the table next to the card machine. Then proceeds to take the drinks and note to my Mum's office. She knocks.

"Yes?"

"Miss Kaiba, I have been instructed to deliver these drinks to you."

"Oh. Bring them in."

I see one of the kitchen staff enter, with a tray with 2 drinks and a note. The drinks I noticed are mine and Maxine's regular drinks. She sets down the tray and sets the drinks and note out. Then she leaves.

"Well Selina, who’s got us the drinks this time?"

I pick up the note.

"Well Maxine, it seems." I read the note. "Well well, it seems Tanya got the drinks for us."

"That's thoughtful of her."

"Well." I pop my head out. "Tanya thank you for the drinks you got me and Maxine."

"Yeah, thought I should get some drinks while I ordered food."

"Good thought."

"Well I'll leave you to your discussion." I sit back down.

"Well Maxine, what do you think of the Duel Disk system?"

"It shall bring dueling to the masses."

"Good, so do I have the go ahead for the production of the Duel Disks?"

"Yes."

"That’s good then, I have already started on Tanya's Duel Disk."

"Oh, where's mine?"

"Miss Pegasus, yours is underway."

"EVA, you already started?"

"Yes, Miss Kaiba. I anticipated your actions and started on Miss Pegasus' Duel Disk."

"Well Selina, how long until I get my duel disk?"

"Miss Pegasus, it will be 11 hours."

"That is good."

Meanwhile, back with Tanya...

"Hmm, what to do now?"

I look over at my deck; it will serve me well. Wait a sec, I have the opportunity to build another deck — hmm.

I start using the deck machine to build a deck idea of mine. I do find out that 8 cards I want for this deck have not been issued yet.

A few hours pass, and I'm completely absorbed in building my second deck and checking out what cards are available. The passage of time is brought to bear when I hear coughing.

I look up, and see Maxine and Mum setting down, chatting and looking at me occasionally.

"Oh, how long you been there Mum?"

"Been here for 2 hours."

"Oh, sorry, got a bit absorbed in building my deck."

"Don’t worry, I have had the same thing when building my deck."

"Same thing here as well, Tanya."

"Oh, cool. So anything you want to tell me?"

"Well, Maxine is allowing the duel disks to go ahead, which means duel academy will be getting them."

"Cool, will they be different to the ones me and you have, mum."

"Yes, Maxine is getting one like ours."

"Cool."

"Yes, very much so."

"So you think people will adapt to this way of dueling?"

"Yes."

"So the entrance exams for the Duel Academy are later on this month; will the duel disks be used in the examinations?"

"Yes."

"Cool, I have my 2 decks ready now, Mum."

"Oh?"

"Oh, what decks have you built Tanya?"

"Well, I have built 2 decks inspired by monsters which Yugi Moto has used in the anime."

"You do not mean?"

"Yep, Dark Magician and Exodia."

"Ah, I take you noticed that Exodia has not been released yet?"

"Yeah, but also taking the other 2 Exodia monsters, too."

"Oh, going for theme there then, daughter?"

"Mum, that’s the first time you have called me daughter."

"Oh, sorry dear, I'm getting used to being a mother."

"How touching."

"Shut up, Maxine."

"I was only jesting."

"I know that."

"Well, Mum, Maxine I have decided I'll use an Egyptian god card in the entrance exam I'll be doing, which is an exhibition match — except the examiner won't know it or that I am a Kaiba, either. But the problem is how do we explain how I have them?"

"Well, we could always say that you impressed me with some dueling spark and also card ideas."

"That could work, Maxine."

"Yeah, so which one you going to use then?"

"I’m not sure, either Obelisk, which is my dorm colour and the first god card featured in the anime, or Winged Dragon of Ra and use the chant — well I have to use the chant due it being an actual duel monster."

"Hmm, I would say Obelisk, but I am a Kaiba."

"Yeah, that’s true Mum. But Ra is more impressive."

"Yeah, I would agree with Tanya, Ra would be more impressive — plus it has all its abilities, including secret ability."

"Oh that will be fun to use. I hope using the LP one won't reduce my body at the same time."

"It should not do, considering it has chosen you, and you're summoning it in a non-shadow game."

"True, better say bless our humble game then."

"Yeah/Yeah."

"Cool."

"So, you think you need some duel practice then Tanya?"

"Yeah, but only doing it inside Kaiba Corp."

"Yeah, do not want people to realize you have some powerful cards."

"Yeah, plus I want to see if I can do some freaky shadow magic. You never know, I might be able to summon duel monsters in reality."

"That would be cool, but don’t try to summon the 3 Egyptian god cards or Exodia in any of its forms."

"Yeah, that would be bad juju."

"Yes, I would not want to have to explain that one to my board of directors at Industrial Illusions."

"So the first time you see me dueling will be at Kaiba Corp. Dome."

"Yes, oh Tanya?"

"Yes, Maxine?"

"You can have the card printer, as a present from me to you. But remember you must ask for any cards which haven’t been released yet."

"Thank you Maxine."

I go over and hug her.

"You going to be there Maxine, for the examination duels?"

"Yes I will."

"Cool, so I'll be ready to say in a month: It's time to duel!"


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!

For the Definate Card Database of the cards in this story — well the ones which are real and not made up by me

http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 8 — Duel

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 7

I wonder if any of the Dark Signers from 5D will show up and cause a problem.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

well

Not for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG while - Got Original and GX baddies to use first

A thought

Drakira's picture

Would that include Pegasus though? Since he was a bad guy in Season One of the original anime.

Drakira

Drakira

nah

nah, Pegasus and Kaiba are more friendly

Yugi

If u want Tanya to be more like yugi you should let her use slifer
also I think that I Tanya is gonna use yugis deck she should use slifer like yugi

well

Your know which God Card in Episode 9

Episode 9 of which

Episode 9 of which series
the normal one or the gx one?

ah

I mean Chapter 9 of this story