Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 1 - 1000 Years

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
Well the next bit of this story occurs over 985 years later, although I'm not sure how I got to this time.

The circumstances of my arrival were told to me by my adopted mother - Selina Kaiba. The following is from her point of view - some scenes recorded and transferred to this holo diary are not for the fainthearted.

-Selina Kaiba-
-Log Date- -August 1st 2985- -08:00 UTC-

Well I have managed to perfect the portable Duel Disk system, taking inspiration from the Duel Disk system of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. I am pleased with the results, although I don't get as much time to duel anymore since becoming the head of Kaiba Corp.

Also, I've been busy setting up Duel Academy. But I feel that my life is incomplete; I'm a 26 year old woman who's very good looking, but is single and unable to have children due to an accident which caused me to become head of Kaiba Corp when my father and mother died in a hovercar accident but I survived.

So I have been getting broody...

"Energy signal detected"

"Computer pause and save recording"

Now what's caused this energy signal?

"EVA, elaborate on the location of the energy signal."

"Energy signal has been detected in Kaiba Corp. Duel Dome."

"What type of energy, EVA."

"Unknown Miss Kaiba, but I am reading intense energy pulses coming from the energy signal and 1 human bio signature."

Hmm, need to get Kaiba Corp. Security and Medical there immediately.

"Miss Kaiba, I have taken measures outlined in the Emergency Response Program, I have already dispatched security and medical personnel to the location."

"Please note I have also have begun lock down procedures."

"Nice thinking EVA, I'll be heading to the Kaiba Dome immediately."

So I head to the lift and down to the basement to my personal hovercar. I activate the autopilot system and head to the Kaiba Dome.

By the time I get to the dome, which takes 10 minutes even in the hovercar - even in this time there is still traffic, I can see that the dome is sealed off by my personal security force and medical personnel are there already.

The Stadium is set up like the old football stadiums of the first decade of the 21st century - able to hold multiple events. Instead of a grass or AstroTurf football pitch, which admittedly it can have put in, it pays to diversify and to have multiple streams of money available to pay for upkeep of stuff and also be able to hold dueling tournaments.

So it has the ability to have 16 duel arenas pop up, like the ones shown in Duelist Kingdom in the anime but also have grandstands like in tennis tournaments. But also I have had the stadium upgraded to be used in conjunction with my new portable Duel Disk system. So the Dueling Field is now laid out like tennis courts and corresponds with the dueling arena.

As I am thinking this, I arrive at the main doors to the stadium. I stop when one of my security addresses me.

"Miss Kaiba, we have secured the stadium and have ascertained that there is no one here accept us and the bio signature in the stadium itself."

"Thank you for the status report."

The guard then leaves me.

As I was talking to the guard waiting for me I put in my earpiece for the remote connection to the EVA system back at Kaiba Corp. HQ.

"EVA, has there been any change to the energy signature in the last 10 minutes?"

"Yes Miss Kaiba, It seems that the energy signature, while not exact, is similar to the Kaiba Corp. Dueling System."

"Wait, are you saying that there could be dueling happening in the energy signature?"

"While I can only be 80% sure Miss Kaiba, it may be similar to what Shadow Games are in the historical anime archives of the Duel Monsters."

Upon this bit of information given by EVA, I grab my prototype Duel Disk and load up my deck. "Miss Kaiba, I have detected that your Duel Disk has gone online."

"Yes it has EVA."

"Are you planning something which can only be explained by human feelings?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Good luck Miss Kaiba."

I then walk up to the doors to the stadium; the doors open due to the built in security regulator in my Duel Disk. As I walk in and go up the stairs into the main stadium it's then I see it.

I could see, over what is the center dueling arena; it was a 10 meter radius hemisphere of blackness which I could see from there that it was purple as well now due to the enhanced lighting in the stadium. As I inched closer to the hemisphere I could hear in my head screaming. So I headed into the sphere with no thought at all.

What happens next is another story. But it shows that there is more to dueling than simple holograms.


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!


Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 2 - First Duel

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 1

So, looks as if his/her adopive mother is also a Duelist. COOL!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Oh Yes she is, I can say she

Oh Yes she is, I can say she does have the Blues-Eyes White Dragon as part of her deck - shes a less emo Seto Kaiba

You've got an interesting

You've got an interesting story going on here so far Tanya. I can't wait to read more. But it might be wise to do a spell and grammar check as well. A few times I was pulled out when I saw u instead of you.
I used to be broken, I used to be lost. Unsure of what I was, until he found me...

Never be afraid to push yourself to new limits. While you might not see the path, you will be amazed at what you can achieve.

Have a someone to Proof Read

Well i have someone to proof read the existing chapters

Also have the same person to proof read the upcoming chapters

The Next Chapter

Well the next Chapter has been written - damm my muse has been busy.

It might be up Friday afternoon - my time - Im a Brit so im 8 hours ahead of the server i think

The story

Do u think that they chapters are so short u would be able to do a chapter everyday?

Yeah, but this is being

Yeah, but this is being written when my muse is wants to.

Chapter 2 is going to be longest one