Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 0

Printer-friendly version


Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time

Chapter 0 - How it Begins

Copyright: 1996 - Kazuki Takahashi

 
This is my story of how my life changed for the better.

It began in the year 2010, gosh it seems so long ago. But as a part of my acceptance of what happened, I'm writing this so I can cope with it, well that’s what my Therapist says.

Oh I forgot, I should have mentioned my name, oopsie.

My name is Tanya Kaiba, that is not my birth name, but that is what this piece I am writing now is about.

My birth name is Sean Weston. Now you have realized reading this that my current name is female and my birth name is male.

This is where it gets interesting. How I got here; damn I forgot to mention the year, the year is 2995 as I am writing this piece in my holo diary.

Now back to 2010, when I was still male - I was a 24 year old male, average height, build somewhat of a lazy person who doesn’t exercise, ginger-ish hair and blue eyes. I had one passion in life, Yu-Gi-Oh card game/anime. I liked watching it and playing the card game. From time to time I would dream of various duels that happen with me being the main character; sometimes as a male and sometimes as a female - yes at the time I was undecided if I fit in the male gender - had odd thoughts that I would be better if I was female.

Enough about my gender shortcomings, as that would not be a problem for me much longer, as I would soon find out.

It was September 9th, when I decided to leave my house in the evening to go for a stroll around my local town. I walk around for a while, taking in the sights of the old place as it looks during the evening. I get this sudden feeling of dread, I could not place where this feeling was coming from, although I didn’t need to wait for long to find out what was causing this feeling.

For some reason I could see, hovering over the local car park a black cloud - yes a black cloud which was visible in the dark. Yeah, I know, sounds kinda stupid doesn't it. So my investigative nature overwhelmed my flight response to this situation. I went towards the car park and ascended inside the car park; at the time the stairs and lift were shut so I had go up through the car ramps to get to the top floor of the car park where I could see this black cloud.

Well it was more than a black cloud though, it was a 10 meter radius hemisphere of blackness which now I was close enough had purple in it as well. As I inched more closely to the funky dome of blackness, I was feeling waves flowing through me.

Had I known what was going to happen next I would have gotten the hell out of there, but as this is being written as a retrospective, you can kinda guess what happened next. So I got even closer till I could reach out and touch it and as I inched my hand closer to the surface of the hemisphere a tendril reached out from the sphere to touch my hand.

At first I was freaking out, well to be fair I was freaking out the moment I had reached the top of the car park, but by this point of time it became clear to me what was happening was not normal. Then as the tendril of blackness stroked me, it felt like something familiar - kinda like when you see something for the second time and it had been more that a few years between the viewings, then another tendril appears and seems to beckon me into the hemisphere.

That was the last time I remember things for a while - but the next thing I see is another chapter entirely.


For your Knowledge - Link to the Wikipedia Article on the Universe im drawing ideas from for this fiction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!


Please leave comments and if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors, i promise to have the next chapter of this story up soon - but heres a teaser for the next chapter title -

Chapter 1 : 1000 Years

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I will correct the problem

I will correct the problem as soon as im upgraded to author status

Sounds cool to me :) One

Sounds cool to me :)

One thing though, I would find it easier on my eyes if you put it in bigger 'word chunks'. But I'm sure you've noticed that yourself. Otherwise it seems like a good beginning :)

This is how I should do it, ideally, but not really :)
==

When she thought about later it she realized that he hadn't known what to say, time had that ability, to make a fool out of us all. Hearing the sirens she had looked out the window to see what was happening, but it wasn't until the ambulance arrived she had realized that there had been an accident. Coming out she saw what she first thought to be a blanket that someone had dropped in the street, but looking again she realized that there was something hidden under it and a black damp spot slowly spreading around it. The little crowd around the body just stood there quiet and grave. The only thing moving was the slowly spinning wheel of a horribly mangled green bicycle, she was fairly sure it was a bicycle, one that she felt that she somehow should recognize.

----(That is when one try to set a mood)---

"What happened? Did you see it? Who is it" she asked Renee, her neighbor, that stood by the fence looking at the scene. As Renee turned she saw that her eyes was all blank. Looking her in the eyes Renee started to walk towards her, her left arm coming up in a oddly protective gesture, as if to fend her away from the sight of that widening pool of dark fluid.

"Abagail." she said as she stopped just a few feet from her. "Why don't I put on the kettle? come with me."

"No, Who is it? Tell me Renee, I want to know."

"You don't want to know, believe me, at least let me put on some tea first dear."

----(And that's when letting your characters talk)----

Abagail couldn't stop staring over her shoulder at the formless blanket as she found herself helplessly led inside the safety of Renee's kitchen,the friendly red and white checkered kitchen-curtain in that little sunny kitchen window suddenly taking on a wholly new and sinister aspect.

"My God, Charlie!!" She screamed.

"Yes dear, your cat is dead."

Good luck.
Yor

( And it is first when seeing it here that I start to realize everything that's wrong with my story, and correct and correct and.. :)

Yu-Gi-Oh : Duelist of Time - Chapter 0

I use to watch 5-D weekday mornings until it went to saturday mornings where I can't see it. Sounds as if you are going to be playing with all of those cards used in the game and story. Will be fun to see how you revamp the story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

yeah, but the card base will

yeah, but the card base will be Simular to Yu-Gi-Oh GX - not having Turbo Duels and Sychro Summons yet