Red Thunder-3

Printer-friendly version
MaryMarvelhoover.jpg
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics
Red Thunder-3

A Metastory in the Comics Retcon Universe
by Stanman63
Thanks To JennaFL For Proofing And Nora Adrienne for editing!

Synopsis:When Billie Tells his sister Mary about being Queen Thunder, she knows that she is also chosen and becomes the fiery Red Thunder.

[-][+][-]

We went into the Rock via a natural cave that went up until it expanded into a large cavern with stylized statues of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS that had plagued Man since the DAWN OF TIME On the opposing wall was the SEVEN DEADLY PLAGUES, yet surrounding a white throne were the SEVEN VIRTUES

Uncle Dudley, now wearing his white robes, went up to the throne and bowed, "Mother Gaea, Father Time, your most humble servant wishes to present to you my adopted niece, Mary Batson."

I heard a deep, male voice,YOU HAVE DONE WELL, HIGH PRIEST. YOU HAVE GIVEN US MOTHER GAEA'S CHAMPION AND THE GUARDIAN OF THE FLAME. BUT SHE IS NOT YET READY TO FACE HER FOE.

"WAIT A MINUTE! I AM RIGHT HERE! DON'T YOU DARE THINK THAT YOU CAN ACT AS IF I AM NOT HERE." I exclaimed.

GOOD, YOU DO HAVE THE FIRE WITHIN. BUT THY FOE IS BEYOND YOU AT THIS TIME.

"Who is my foe, Sivana?"

NAY. THY FOE COMES FROM CORRUPTION. THY FOE CAN HARM THEE IF THOU HOLDS ANGER IN THY HEART.

"But that's hard for me to do since I tend to let my anger go in a fight," I sighed.

BE ANGRY AND SIN NOT.

"You mean that Righteous Anger is Okay?"

RIGHTEOUS ANGER IS THY STRENGTH, ANGER IS YOUR WEAKNESS.

"I am scared that I may hurt others or cause them to be hurt if I face this enemy," I sighed.

THY SISTER DID FACE A GREAT FOE WHOSE CORRUPTION LED TO HER BATTLING HER OWN IDENTITY. ONCE SHE ACCEPTED WHO SHE WAS, SHE NO LONGER WORRIED ABOUT HER GARB.

Now I know what Billie went through battling Sivana. Can I do any less?

THOU CAN ONLY DO AS THY SOUL ALLOWS. FEAR NOT FAILURE AND THOU SHALT DEFEAT THY FOE.

"You read my mind!"

HERE, ALL THOUGHTS ARE KNOWN TO ME. I SEE THAT THOU HAST A WISH CONCERNING ME.

"Yeah! I can comprehend what you say about me, but can you please stop talking like you're from the past? Can't you speak in colloquial terms?"

I SEE THAT YOU PREFER THIS. VERY WELL, RED THUNDER, I SHALL SPEAK IN COLLOQUIAL ENGLISH.

Father Time was having fun. "Had a good laugh, Father Time?"

YES. SO SELDOM DOES THE HIGH PRIEST BRING AN ACOLYTE HERE THAT I GET LONELY.

"Father Time, an acolyte MUST be worthy of receiving Mother Gaea's Blessing. Would you have me to bring in the UNWORTHY ?" asked Uncle Dudley.

THERE ARE NEW CHAMPIONS ON EARTH THAT QUALIFY.

"Due to a META-GENE, Does that make them worthy?"

WHAT OF YOU RUNNING AROUND DRESSED LIKE RED THUNDER?

uncle-marvel

Courtesy Of D.C. Comics.

"I wear a red bodysuit, NOT A DRESS AS MARY DOES! DO NOT IMPLY THAT I DO!

I heard a chuckle,IT IS VERY GOOD THAT YOU STAND YOUR GROUND WITH ME, HIGH PRIEST. MOTHER GAEA CHOSE WELL.

"I have a question, Father Time."

SPEAK YOUR QUESTION, RED THUNDER.

"How far does Mother Gaea's influence extend?"

MOTHER GAEA AND I RUN CREATION.

"What about God?"

WE ARE ASPECTS OF THE MAKER.

"Then why rely upon Guardians and a Champion?"

AVATARS ARE CHOSEN TO BATTLE THE AVATARS OF CORRUPTION TO GIVE MORTALS A WAY TO SERVE WHOSE SOUL CALLS FOR MORE.

"You mean that I was Called to be Red Thunder?"

YES, JUST AS JADE WAS CALLED UPON TO BECOME GREEN LANTERN AND THE META-GENE HAS GIVEN THE EARTH NEW GUARDIANS.

"And you still believe that these Guardians will one day be worthy to come here?"

ONLY THE HIGH PRIEST CAN TELL IF THEY ARE WORTHY.

"That's good, because I fear this upcoming battle," I sighed.

WHAT IS YOUR FEAR?

"I fear that my foe will cause me to return to my original male form."

FEAR NOT, GUARDIAN. YOU SHALL FOREVER BE MARY BATSON. MOTHER GAEA COMMANDS IT.

"Then I need not worry that I will revert to my male form."

THE CORRUPTION THAT CAUSED YOU TO BE BORN WRONG HAS BEEN HEALED.

I bowed to the Throne, "Thank You."

GO NOW, AND BE OUR GUARDIAN OF THE FLAME.

"OUR?"

MOTHER GAEA AND FATHER TIME ARE DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF GOD.

[-][+][-]

I found myself back home as myself, the Red Thunder costume was missing. 'It must have been a dream.'

NO DREAM MY GUARDIAN OF THE FLAME.

"Mother Gaea?"

YES, MY CHILD

How do I get ready for the battle?"

GO ON PATROL, HELP OTHERS. TO LEARN HOW TO USE YOUR BLESSINGS. BUT IN TIME, YOUR FOE WILL STRIKE.

"ANY IDEA OF WHO THE FOE IS?]

ONLY THAT IT IS A CORRUPTION OF GOOD MAGIC.

"Then I should be able to call upon the GOODNESS in my foe."

NAY! THE CORRUPTION IS COMPLETE. ONLY PURE GOOD MAGIC MAY HEAL IT AFTER THE EVIL IS VANQUISHED.

"Okay, guess it's time to patrol."

I touched my amulet and became Red Thunder. Looking in the mirror, I could see why Billie had had trouble with Sivana looking up her skirt. As cheerleaders, we were use to the public seeing our bloomers as we did our moves. But to have a man to try to score on you when you weren't interested was something else, entirely.

Now me, I didn't have the hang up that Billie did. I'd had boyfriends try to get fresh, only to find that I had either maced them or used a bit of Judo. So far, none had thought about trying my tricks on me. Now I know that it was thanks to Mother Gaea looking out for me. As I took to the air, I saw Uncle Dudley sunning himself by the pool. He might have a bit of a belly, but he's got Spiderman's Blessings, but isn't into the Hero business.

No, he much preferred the academic life as a Professor Emeritus in charge of Archeology and Mythology, farming out his duties to his deputies. Uncle Dudley does teach a class in building ancient monuments the way that the ancients did. That is a fun class sought out by architect students as well as building construction students.

[-][+][-]

As I near the Fawcett City Trust, I see a big black armored truck stop and twelve men wearing black armor head into the hole in the wall that wasn't there, before. I made sure that only the getaway driver was in the truck before I melted it with a touch. The driver got out in plenty of time and skedaddled down the alley. I stepped in through the hole and began trouncing the goons, finding that I am a tough as Billie. It's just that instead of strength, I have Mastery of the Flame.

The police came up by that time and seeing me, called out, "Queen Thunder! Thanks for the assist."

I went over to Officer O'Hara, "Kelly, I am not Queen Thunder. She wears a white dress."

"Glory be. Then who are ya'?"

I am her sister, Red Thunder," I say as I fly away.

I land upon Fawcett City Museum where I find Professor William Omaha McElroy sitting in the roof veranda. This is most definitely strange.

"Professor? why are you up here?"

"Waiting for you, Dear," he laughed, evilly.

I flew up as he lifted out a shard of green jade shaped like fire hanging around his neck and touched it. The next instant, the tiny man was morphed into a seven foot brute wearing black tights with his black hair cut Mohawk style.

"Who are you?"

"I AM IBAC."

"Should I be impressed?"

"YOU SHALL DIE AT MY HANDS," he threatened as he leapt up to me.

I dodged his attack, but he succeeded in clipping my left leg, spinning me out of control into the veranda. My leg hurt where he'd touched me, then the pain went away. Looking at the leg, I saw a leg distorted by fire being healed.

"You'll have to do better than that," I taunted as I hit him with a double punch.

Ibac went sailing into Fawcett Reservoir, making a splash that caused Fawcett Dam to overflow the sluice ways, sending a minor flood into Fawcett River.

I headed for the flood waters and dried it away so that only a minor surge hit the bridges.

GUARDIAN, CAREFUL OF THE INNOCENT.

"Trying, Mother Gaea. But this fellow throws me for a loop."

THEN WHO HE WAS BEFORE HIS CORRUPTION HAS MEANING FOR YOU.

"As a student, I have a crush on Professor William Omaha McElroy who became Ibac," I sighed.

YOU MUST DEFEAT IBAC TO FREE YOUR TEACHER FROM HIS CURSE.

[-][+][-]


To Be Continued In Red Thunder-4

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

IBAC!

Not the first villain I'd want to run into as a new hero!

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

Red Thunder could easily say

Red Thunder could easily say "that's another fine mess you got me into" having her first bout with a major criminal type. Jan