From Dreams To Reality

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

We all have dreams, sometimes they come true, read on to find out what happens. Thanks to Joni and Karen for proofing this. Any problems left are mine and mine alone. Hope you enjoy.

Story:

Disclaimer
If you start to read this story and like it, I will not be held responsible for the following problems that may occur.
Sore neck, eyestrain, any ache or strain from reading, backache, hand ache from moving mouse or other medical conditions
Thanks to all that like any of my stories, although there is not many of them. The replies and suggestions are very welcome. All comments are welcome good or bad, it only helps to make better stories for you the readers to enjoy.

This story is dedicated to my partner Karen Page

From Dreams To Reality
By Samantha P

Hi all. Let me introduce myself, my name is Jules. I am sixteen and very happy with my life, but it wasn't always like that, and I wasn't called Jules- well sort of, hmmm let me explain, where do I start? I guess at the beginning.

It all started when I was 14, there was me Julian, my sister Julie and my mom Jillian, confused? Well, we all were when a letter came addressed to a J West. Let me explain a bit more of my background. Fourteen years ago, my mom gave birth to twins, Julie and me. To say identical twins look similar is an understatement; Julie and I looked so much alike when we were covered up you couldn't tell who the girl was and who the boy was.

My dad Thomas, was a very tall 6'2 if I remember, and weighed around the area of 220 lbs of which there was no fat. Then there was mom, she is about 5 ft 5 weighing around 120 lbs, she kept fit and you could tell. I think that's why my dad started to date her in college. He was on the football team and she was into gymnastics. Apparently, it was the love at first sight thing, so we were always told.

Anyway, when I was seven, dad was in an automobile accident on the way home from work one night, some drunk came out of a side street and totally wiped my dad's car out. The damage was very bad and because of my dad's size, they couldn't get him free in time. He died of his injuries while the paramedics tried in vain to keep him alive.

Mum was devastated, as were both Julie and I. We all loved him and still do. We miss him loads. He was well covered with insurance so we were pretty well off when the insurance company paid us. But we would trade it all just to have dad back. The money meant nothing to us.

School wasn't a great time for me. Because Julie and I looked identical, I got all sorts of snide comments thrown at me. Things like Julie's clone, or just clone. At first they all thought we were two girl twins when we first went to school. Once they heard I was male and Julie was female my life went downhill since then.

All this agro came from people who didn't know me, and didn't want to either. The reason being I knew deep down in my heart that I should have been born a girl. You see I am transgendered, but I could never tell anyone for fear of what would happen if people found out.

I never even told my mom or my sister. I was afraid of what they would say or do. I had already lost my dad; I didn't want to loose my mom and sister too.

I love them both dearly. I couldn't bear to think what would happen if anyone was to find out my secret. The only time I could be who I was supposed to be, or near enough, was when my mom and sister went shopping. As soon as they were out of the house, there I was in my sister's bedroom trying on as much of her clothes as possible, and loving every minute of it.

School was a nightmare. I would always get picked on because of my looks. I never had friends, and would often get beat up on the way home from school. Because of this I sort of went into quiet mode, I never tried to make friends and when in my room, I always spent the time there on my computer trying to find out information about myself. After a few weeks of looking I came across a website of stories. I started reading them and realized I was not alone. These stories told of people like myself; lonely and unable to tell their loved ones for fear of rejection.

I finally found a word that caught my eye. It was transgendered. I looked this word up on the internet and some of the websites that came up were disgusting. I don't want to say the type they were, but you all know what type came on the screen. After clicking on a few pages I got lucky. It came up with a website that had information and not pictures; after an hour or so reading I knew I was transgendered. All the clues fitted me and my life completely. After another hour of reading I came across the information I needed to know. I was crushed, if I was reading this right, then my condition could be confirmed, but nothing could be done until I hit my sixteenth birthday, I was 12 at the time and was literally crushed as to what I found out.

How could I go on for another 4 years before anything could be done? I didn't know, I didn't like where my life was heading and often thought of daft things to do, but before dad died he instilled a few rules and things that were acceptable and things that were not, also right and wrong.

When I got to thirteen, my body started to change; not much, only slightly. While I watched my sister develop the way I wanted to develop, I didn't, but I wasn't getting any more masculine, I kept my fine features, my voice didn't drop and never grew muscles. This was found out when I had Physical Ed at school. The other boys saw me in the locker room and pronounced, there and then I was more girl than boy. This got me more ribbing and more punishment on the way home from school.

I always got beat up off the school premises. You see bullying wasn't allowed, especially after a kid was severely injured a few years back. It was that bad he never returned to school again. It was decided then by the state that bullying was severely frowned upon, anyone found bullying would be suspended or worse expelled from all schools in the state.

The main bullies out of school time were Tom and Jimmy. They both hated me for some reason, which I never found out. I never bothered them so why did they hit me? They knew my name was Julian, but always called me Jules. I said to them one day, while holding my Jules Verne book up, that was ok as Jules was a mans name also. Wrong answer, that night I got the worst beating of my life. I came home, my clothes ripped and a bloody nose. My mom asked me who did it, but if I told they would know and beat me more.

It was getting worse, they was picking on me every day after that. Saying I was a girl not a boy. I knew they were right, but didn't want to let on knowing what would happen. So I just kept up with the "I'm not a girl I'm a boy routine".

My sister was friends with a lot of the other girls at school. I wanted to hang with them, but was afraid as to where that would lead with my tormentors.

It was getting so bad that I retreated into my own world, not saying much at school or at home. My mom was getting concerned as was my sister. I would hardly speak to anyone. I just went to school, got teased, sometimes beat up on the way home, have my tea then go to my room for the night. My mom asked why every now and then it looked like I was in a fight. I didn't tell her, I just shrugged and returned to my room.

It was getting to be a daily routine. I couldn't do anything on the bullying and they knew it. Because it was never on school property or time they were in the clear. That was until one day they went a bit too far.

By the time I was fourteen, they would pick on me every day. Because there wasn't a school dress code we could wear what we wanted. One day Julie and I were wearing jeans. It was a cold day when we went to school, so I offered Julie my coat to keep warm, which she accepted with thanks.

Apparently, my sister was on the way to class. My tormentors had seen what I was wearing as I went in the school gates. They apparently decided there and then they would go one step further. They saw their target walking down a corridor and pushed what they thought was me into a wall. Then they hit that person repeatedly until they fell on the ground curled in the fetal position. That's when it dawned on them when they picked the person up by the shirt. They ripped it and saw a bra underneath and a very scared looking girl.

They then realized they had beaten my sister. Just then a teacher came out of a room saw what happened and immediately detained the two of them. The school nurse was called and so was the principal. Mr. Jones the principal was livid, he grabbed both of them and marched them straight to his room locked the door.

I will try and tell now what I heard happened.

"What the hell do you two think you were doing?" asked Mr. Jones

"We thought it was Jules, we didn't think it was her sister" replied Tom

"Shut up you idiot" replied Jimmy

"I am disgraced by the two of you hooligans, I have heard you had been picking on young Mr. West, but I was powerless to do anything, as it wasn't on school property" said the principal. "This time you went too far and I will not be held responsible for the consequences, as from now you are both officially suspended from school for four weeks"

He then picked up the phone, pressed a button for an outside line, the two boys both saw the next buttons he pressed and began to panic. All they heard was the principal's side of the conversation.

"Yes you can help me; I would like to report an attempted rape at my school"

The two boy's jaws dropped. All they had done had beat up another kid, but it turned out to be a girl, and they had ripped her top open. As much as they could try and worm their way out of it, they knew anything done to a girl that ended up with ripped clothes fell into that particular category, true or not.

Next, Mr. Jones went to his filing cabinet and removed two files. He sat down again, moved the phone out of the sight of the two boys and dialed again. He got an answer on the other end of the phone.

"Yes you can help me; this is the principal at your son's school. Apparently he beat up a girl and ripped her clothes open, I have called the police to come down and I would like you here also."

The boys started trembling; they didn't know which father that had been called, but what they heard next sent a chill through their bones. All they heard was a loud voice screaming down the phone apparently very angry.

"HE DID WHAT? WAIT TILL I GET THERE I'LL BLOODY KILL HIM"

"Now then sir, there is no need for violence. That's what caused your son to get into this predicament in the first place"

All the principal heard was a click at the other end of the phone. He proceeded to do that same again to the other boy's father. Neither Jimmy nor Tom knew who he had called first. They were dreading what would happen when they got there.

When the police arrived they went to the school reception desk and asked to see the principal. The receptionist rang through and told him the police had arrived. He unlocked the door and invited them in. They talked for a few minutes pointing to the boys a few times and then asked to see the victim. They were told to see the receptionist, who would direct them to the nurse's room.

When they got there, they took one look at Julie and knew that what had happened seemed to be the truth. They asked the young girl what happened. She told them everything including not saying anything to provoke the two boys into doing anything.

They then turned to the nurse and asked if the girl had any relatives in the school. The nurse passed the female officer the folder, which had the details. She scanned down the folder and saw another person named West and the itinerary.

The female officer asked where the room was and was pointed in the direction. She went while her colleague went back to the principal's office to get a statement from the boys.

In the mean time, the boy's fathers had turned up. Both of them not looking very pleased. The receptionist called the principal who let them in his office. He saw the police officer walking towards him and waited for him also before shutting his door.

The female officer went to the room that was mentioned. She knocked on the door and the teacher inside allowed her to enter. When she entered, she immediately saw the person she was there for. She stopped for a minute to look at that person as she did a double take. She could have sworn that she had just seen this girl in the nurse's room. She went up to the teacher.

"Excuse me sir. There has been a problem between some students at the other end of the school. I have come to collect someone I was told was in this room. I seem to be a bit confused though"

"In what way, officer?" asked the teacher.

"Well I need a Julia West; I think I have spotted the person I require, but these details must be wrong."

"In what way, officer?" the teacher asked again.

"Well it says here, Julia West, male, but the person I see is definitely female."

"Oh," replied the teacher, then he proceeded to tell the officer of the clerical error when the name was entered, someone missed the n off Julian's name and nobody had replaced the details with the correct details.

With that the teacher got up, hit his ruler on the desk to get everyone's attention. When everyone looked forward the teacher carried on.

"Julia West. Your presence is requested," the teacher said with a slight chuckle.

"Oh no, what now, and why did he call me Julia?" I thought

I got up and went to the front of the room, passing everyone on the way snickering at me because of the way the teacher called my name. Could my life get any worse? I got to the front and was asked by the officer to follow her. When we went to the nurses room and I saw that Julie was in there I ran straight for her and comforted her and asked what was wrong.

I was told by the nurse what happened and the officer would take us both home. Apparently, she'd rung my mom and she was on her way home.

We left the school. When we got home mom was just pulling up. She hugged Julie and asked the officer what had happened. She was told what she knew and would be in touch. They got in touch later that day and told mom what had happened. The two boys had been suspended for a month. They attacked Julie because they thought she was me with her having my coat on.

My mom cuddled up to Julie on the settee. She asked me to put the kettle on for them all which I did without comment. The kettle boiled and I made everyone a drink. When we asked Julie if she was alright she told us it was just a beating she got they didn't actually do anything. But they deserved everything they got because she knew they were the ones picking on her brother.

We were kept off school for the rest of the week. I was looking after Julie, while mom went to work. On that night she came home and I had dinner ready, we ate then I said I was off for a walk. Julie asked me if she could go on my computer. I agreed and said I couldn't use it while walking anyway.

While I was out she came across something. She was taking computer studies at school and was told certain things about them. She was concerned that her brother was moody all the time and wanted to try and find out what the problem was.

She came across the history button and found what I was keeping secret. She found all the sites dedicated about transgendered people and immediately called for her mom. After they both read for a while, they realized all the symptoms fitted me exactly. My mom talked to Julie on how they were going to broach me on the subject when I got back. That conversation never happened though, not that night anyway.

While on my walk, I saw Jimmy, the smaller of my two tormentors. My rage boiled over, I never wanted to get in a fight and all of a sudden I had the urge to fight this boy that caused my sister grief. I ran at him and got him right in his back. He fell to the ground and spun around.

"Oh it's the girly boy" he said and I went to hit him again.

Next thing I knew was someone had punched me from behind. It was Tom the bigger of the two. Jimmy got up and held me while Tom punched and punched away at me. All the time telling me what shit, he got from the cops and his dad at school.

"So you finally developed enough balls to fight back eh?" asked Tom.

"Why did you hit my sister? Couldn't you tell it wasn't me?" I asked.

"You two look so much alike we thought it was you," replied Jimmy.

"Well it seems he has developed some balls anyway Jimmy," said Tom.

"Why don't we send them back from where they came from, eh Tom?"

"Good idea."

Tom reached into a long bag and pulled out a baseball bat. I gulped as I knew I was going to get battered big style and there was nothing I could do about it.

He then swung the bat at my stomach. It connected and I nearly fell down. I would have if Jimmy had not been holding me from behind.

"Oh, there's more to come, girly boy" said Tom

He took a step back and raised his arms with the bat in hand. Next thing I saw the bat was coming towards me from a low angle and straight between my legs. I knew where he was aiming. Next thing I felt was a very sharp pain. I got it about 5 times. By then I was desperate to fall down and huddle myself to try and protect myself.

Jimmy let go of me and the pain was excruciating. Next thing I knew there was a stabbing pain and what felt like water running down my leg. I was starting to think I had peed myself, but halfway through I had a sudden pain again and a bright light came over me. I fell limply onto the ground I had collapsed and blacked out.

When I woke up, I was in a bed in a white room. My mom and sister were sat beside me, each holding a hand. I gave out a small yelp of pain when I tried to move. With that both my sister and mom raised their heads off my bed. Mom immediately pressed a button near my head and a doctor and nurse came rushing in.

I felt pain all over me. I was bandaged up all in my lower half. I couldn't see much, but something square under the sheet close to the top of my legs.

My mom and sister kept holding my hands, while the doctor asked questions. I answered them the best I could but I was drowsy, so soon fell back to sleep. The next time I woke up within a few minutes the doctor was next to me asking if I was up to answering some questions to the police. I nodded and asked for a drink of water as my mouth was dry.

The officers came into my room. It was the same two that I saw at the school, they started to ask questions and I told them, even who my attackers were and I had basically started it off by running for Jimmy.

After about thirty minutes, I was getting tired again. They said they would come back the following day to carry on. Just before I fell asleep, I heard the female officer ask the doctor if they had told me about my injuries, all I remember before nodding off again was the doctor saying that he was waiting for me to regain full awareness before dropping a bombshell like that on me.

I awoke later that day and my mom and sister were again there with me. As soon as I stirred, they sat up and hugged me. They asked me if I was feeling all right. I asked them first to give me some water, as my mouth was dry.

As soon as I had a few sips on the water. I looked at them both and they looked at me. They could see I was about to ask some questions. It took all of two seconds for me to ask.

"How long have I been out?"

"Haven't the doctors said anything to you?" asked my mom.

"No, all I heard when the officers were leaving was the doctor saying he was waiting till I was fully aware; something about a bombshell."

"Oh," was all my mom could get out. She eventually said, "First of all, I would like to ask some questions before I tell you, ok?"

"Ok mom, I'll try."

"That night when you went out, oh by the way you have been unconscious for two months."

"What, that's impossible. It can't be two months" I near enough screamed.

"It's the truth honey; you know I would not lie to you."

There it was, I had been unconscious for two months. No wonder the doc and nurses were fussing over me yesterday when I came around.

"Ok mom, I believe you, you was asking me a few questions?"

"Well, that night, remember when you told Julie she could use your computer?"

"Yes?"

"Well she found something; you know she had been doing computer studies?"

The look on my face showed. They immediately saw my face go white as a sheet.

"Mom, I can explain. I — I — I."

"Don't try and explain honey, we was going to ask you when you got home, after Julie and I read about it that night, but that never happened, did it?"

"No, I got beat to a pulp by Tom and Jimmy."

"Well would you like to talk now, or wait to tell us?"

"I'll tell you now," I said taking a deep breath. "It's true. All you read on my computer is true. I believe that's what I am mom"

With that, I started to cry, they had found out my secret and I was ashamed they had found it so easy. Mom and Julie were acting strange though. As if they had already accepted that it was true.

"I'm sorry mom. I couldn't tell you, I was too afraid of what would happen if you, Julie, or anyone else found out."

"There, there, we both knew something was wrong, but we couldn't figure it out. It's ok we still love you no matter what."

With that I just burst out crying, I tried to get straight to hug mom, but the pain was that overwhelming that I just passed out again. When the doctors heard my scream, a doctor came running into the room.

I woke the next morning to find my mom and sister was again sitting next to the bed. Then I noticed a nurse with a needle tray and a doctor in my room also. I started to ask what was wrong. My mom told me not to worry. They were there just in case.

"Honey, what I tell you next may come as a shock, it may not. But these people are in here to make sure you do not do anything strange or daft."

"Ok mom. What's wrong with me?"

"Well, do you remember what happened?"

"Only vague bits and pieces. I remember Tom swinging low with the bat, next thing I blacked out."

"What I tell you next you may or may not like."

Well, what my mom explained to me was a shock and a dream come true all in one. She had told me the damage to my nether regions was that bad they couldn't repair the damage. They had to do a different type of surgery, there was no other option. She told me the doctor who stood next to me was actually a psychologist. If I wanted to talk afterwards then she was going to have a chat. What I did next actually shocked the shrink. Where she thought I would go mad and reach out to try and hit someone or do damage. I actually smiled the biggest smile she had ever seen. The sheer joy I was conveying could be seen by all in the room. I immediately tried to sit up and hug my mom, but the pain returned very quickly and I screamed out. The nurse came over and jabbed my arm and I was soon out of it again.

"Well, that response was a bit of a different than I expected," said the doctor.

"Well we did tell you what we found on his computer, didn't we?" replied my mom.

"Yes, but for someone to be so ecstatic about it is something I didn't expect."

"Well, I suppose that we'll all have to have a bit of a chat when she recovers then," replied mom.

"That we will Mrs. West; that we will."

I don't know how long I was out of it, but when I awoke it was daylight again. Mom and sis were there as usual. I shifted only slightly and the pain was not as bad as it had been. I looked over at my mom said "Hi" and she replied with "Hi" also, so did sis.

"Want to talk?" mom asked me

"Yes, I suppose we better. Can you pass me a drink first?"

"Sure honey."

"So, what do you want to know mom?"

"Is what we saw on your computer true?"

"Yes mom it is, I have felt that way for as long as I can remember. I secretly dressed in Julies stuff when you were both out."

"I knew my stuff had been moved, but I couldn't figure out why," said Julie.

"I'm sorry Julie. I was drawn to them like bees to honey."

"That's ok Julia, I forgive you."

"Why did you just call me Julia? The kids at school always call me that, now you have also."

"That's what we need to talk about honey. Because of the beating some ... err ... things have changed a bit"

"Huh mom. What did you say?"

"Well like we was saying yesterday, before you passed out again. I didn't get chance to tell you the exact operation you had, but from your expression and joy I guess you figured it out."

"Sort of mom, but I still need to hear it."

"Well, due to the damage they couldn't repair the penile area at all, or the scrotum sack, because of what your sister and I found on your computer, and what surgery the doctors where asking to do, I gave them the go ahead, if I made the wrong decision that's my fault, blame me not them."

"No mom, you didn't make the wrong decision, if what you are telling me is true, am I really a girl down there?"

"As near as dam it. As you know they can only create an artificial looking one, but it is there and it will need to TLC from now on young lady."

"What did you call me?"

"I said 'young lady', seen as though that is what your body presents itself at the moment."

A big grin appeared on my face, I was going to hug my mom and sis then remembered what happened yesterday. Mom and sis saw this and this time both bent over to me and hugged me instead.

"Welcome to womanhood, sis."

I was ecstatic, I couldn't have been happier to hear that from my sis. I looked over to my mom and she was smiling. All I could think about was why I didn't tell them earlier. I could have been happier and had the childhood I so long dreamed about. Now my dreams had become a reality. Both my family loved me. In either form I was my mother's daughter and my sister's sister. Oh why could I have not let them know earlier if I had know what the outcome would have been, but I couldn't tell them for fear of rejection.

"Well young lady. I have spoken to the doctor, your wounds and operation is healing nicely. The psychotherapist would like a few words with you. But if that goes well they will release you in a few days to rest at home."

My mom saw the happy look on my face. She turned around to me held my hand then said something I couldn't believe.

"Honey, there is something I forgot to tell you. Because of what happened, the outcome and what the consequences could have been, and the rejection of some of the other pupils might have said or done to you. We moved about a month ago."

"What, where, how?"

"We didn't move far honey; we are still in the same state. But we moved about 65 miles further south. The doctor told us it would help being in a slightly warmer climate for you to heal. As for school, Julie has already been going for three weeks. We have registered you there too. All documents pertaining to the fact you were male have all been changed, thanks to your previous principal and with the ok and backing of the state council. So for all technical purposes you was born female and called Julia Ann West."

"Oh mom, I love you both."

Tears started to form in my eyes and I immediately got hugged again. I was happy. I was technically female from birth. No more pretending who I was supposed to be anymore. I could be who I was inside. The girl I knew I was in my heart and in my dreams.
Now it was a reality.

"But mom, what did you tell them about me not going there when Julie started?"

"We told them you had to go and have an operation, due to women's problems so that covers why it may not look one hundred percent and the fact you will not have the usual monthly curse we others go through."

"I'm still going to have to know about it mom, when others ask me I at least have to have some knowledge."

"I know, that's where Julie and I will help all we can. We have a note from the doctor excusing you from physical ed for six months while you heal properly."

With that, I started to cry again. All this compassion and understanding overwhelmed me. I just lost it and started to sob uncontrollably.

The nurse came in holding another needle. My mom immediately told her it was ok and I was just crying because I'd finally find out what had happened, the results and I was finally happy.

They continued on to tell me my new bedroom was extremely feminine, it would help with the adjustment I was making. They would both help as much as they could. Make up, feminine hygiene, clothes shopping and anything else I could think of.

We all group hugged and then they left me alone. They told me they had to get back home to prepare for my return. I couldn't be happier if I tried. I was now female; with the looks to match. I loved it. Then the doctor came in and asked if we could talk. I told her we could, but give me a few minutes to compose myself.

We started to talk and the doctor asked me all sorts of questions. I answered to the best of my abilities. She did mention there was something else, but she couldn't be certain as yet we would have to wait. She gave me the all clear that I could return home in a few days and said it would be best to leave it while a Friday. That way both mom and sis would be with me for the weekend.

Then to my surprise the doctor pulled something from a bag and asked if I knew what it was. I didn't know but said it looked something like a..., well you get my drift. The doctor then told me that when they take the stitches and the catheter out the following day and after a couple of days I would have to start using a set that she had with her. I had a look of fear across my face which she saw.

She then told me I had to use them in a certain order. Otherwise, my new equipment would close. She told me they were called dilators. I still had no clue what that meant, but she told me my mom and probably my sister would tell me if I was doing it correctly. They had already had this talk earlier, so my mom was aware of what needed to be done. I was still unsure as it would mean my sister and mom would see me naked performing an act I would rather do in private.

The doctor assured me it was quite all right for them to see. In fact, she recommended they be there for the first couple of weeks to make sure everything was going all right.

I must have blushed because the doctor saw it. She just smiled and then proceeded to tell me exactly what was entailed using the so called device. She also asked me to come visit her if anything was bugging me. She had this conversation with my mother also. I thought of how many conversations had this woman talked about to my mother.

After she had finished she asked a nurse to get the surgeon to come to my room. He came in after a few minutes. I cringed and the surgeon saw it. He replied by saying it was ok as he had performed the operation and he had seen it before. I knew in my mind he was correct, but it still bothered me. I mean a man looking at my private area; God I never thought that would happen. After he checked the stitches and bandaging, he told me the catheter could be removed that afternoon. He also told me not to eat any solid food until the next day just to be on the safe side.

The next few days were uneventful. Mom and sis came, we talked and they left. The doctor and nurses came, they left. I was starting to get bored. Next thing I knew it was Friday morning. I didn't know 'cos I didn't have a calendar in my room let alone knew what day it was. All I had was a clock. It was eight am and a nurse came in my room with breakfast. Oh God, I was still on ice cream and soup. Maybe I could get a decent meal when I got home. The nurse informed me I had to keep this up until Sunday and then I could go onto full solid food. That made me happy. I could finally give up this liquid lunch they had me on.

My doctor who did the surgery came in shortly after that he inspected the work and redid the bandages. This time he didn't use as much bandaging. It surprised me a bit until he said, "Well are you happy then?"

"What do you mean happy?" I asked

"Well today you go home; didn't you know it was Friday?"

Well I was just about to jump up and hug him, he noticed what I was about to do and immediately restrained me from doing so.

"Even though it is healing well, you still have to be careful. It will be sore for at least another two to three weeks. If you move suddenly before it fully heels you will do more damage."

"Oh, thanks for telling me doc."

"Your welcome, young lady. If I must say you are one of the most charming people I have ever met"

I blushed and he saw it. He then told me I was to wait for my mom and sis to arrive later that day. He would come and check the bandages again about twelve and try and see how well I could walk. Well twelve came quickly and even though I'd been in a bed for God knows how long, I could handle it with difficulty. To say I looked like a penguin walking was an understatement, I waddled all over the place.

He proceeded to congratulate me on a fine recovery. He said he would talk to the doctor at the hospital near where I would live, so they could keep track of the healing process. I went to hug him, but he held me off, again and repeated his warning from the morning.

He shook my hand and said his goodbyes. The shrink returned and we talked about my impending release. After about an hour of chat she told me she had a surprise. With that the nurses and other doctors on the ward came in my room with gifts and balloons galore. I was happy when my mom and sis came in right behind them.

There was a massive cake saying happy birthday and it said ten weeks old. I started to cry and got hugs off everyone that was in the room. After an hour they all left except mom and sis. They asked me if I was ready to go home and my response was a definite yes.

After being wheeled in a wheelchair to the hospital doors, which it seemed was compulsory, I was helped with standing up. It took me a further 5 minutes to walk the thirty yards to where mom was parked. This was going to be a long recovery, I just knew it. Once we were all buckled in the car, mom said she had another surprise for me. Because of the operation and all that, I was immediately put on hormones to try and make my body the same as any fourteen year old girls would be. I was ecstatic. They both saw it in my face.

Mom started the car and we drove to the nearest drug store to pick up my tablets. My sister kept looking at me in the back seat it was making me a bit nervous until she piped up.

"You know, you're going to have to react to these things quick if you're gonna look like my female twin."

"Eh, what do you mean?"

"Well duh, I have breasts and you don't. Although mine aren't that big yet, you have a lot of catching up to do."

I blushed furiously, which Julie saw this and gave me a gigantic hug. She said we would have so much fun together it would be unreal. Mom just looked in the rear view mirror and smiled. Finally seeing her daughter, who used to be son, happy for the first time in what must have been years.

As we pulled down a street, about ninety minutes away from the hospital, I saw the houses were huge. I thought we couldn't live in this neighborhood; it must have cost a fortune. My mom proceeded to tell me because of the attack and the following details, we'd been awarded a large amount of compensation.

We pulled into a driveway and the house was massive. It even had a two car garage with a remote door, which I thought it was cool. We got out of the car into the house and were immediately greeted by several of my sister's friends and family. They treated me with a bit of caution because my mom had told them I needed to fully heal. I had a great time, but after about two hours I was getting tired. Mom saw this and asked me if I wanted to go for a rest in my new bedroom, to which I quickly agreed. She gave me an orange juice and helped me upstairs. We got to what I thought was my room.

"Mom, why are there two beds in here?"

"Well we thought it best that you and Julie could share a room until you have recovered enough. Then you can go to your own room, which is just as big as this one. Why don't I show you tomorrow?"

I sat down on the bed and winced a little. Mom saw this and reminded me that I would still be sore for a few more days. A nurse would come and check the bandages in a day or two. She gave me a couple of tablets to take. I took them with some orange juice and laid back onto the bed.

When I woke it was night and someone in the bed with me. It was Julie, she had felt me stirring and asked if I was ok. I replied in the positive and then she said for me to get more rest. Her friends would come round in a few weeks again. They was ok about me, but was told no one was to know about me at my old school. They had agreed to keep quiet as they knew what the consequences would mean for me. I would have to thank them next time I saw them.

Everything settled into a routine for the next few weeks. Mom and sis were there when I had to dilate. God it was so embarrassing having your mom and sis watch you doing something so personal. That was until mom showed me what size I had to go to. My jaw must have hit the floor.

"I — I can't fit that in there."

"You'll be surprised honey, in a few weeks you'll think nothing of it."

With that I fainted, about 5 minutes later I came around, mom and sis had a worried look on their faces. I told them I was ok, it was the sudden shock of being confronted with that looked like a nuclear missile and where it was supposed to go.

Things settled down again and my sister's friends came around again. This time, I found out they were my friends as well. That brought a grin from ear to ear. I had never had friends before and now I had five other girls wanting to be friends with me, of all people. All they could say was mall, and make up and boys. They turned to me and asked me about them. I gave them a funny look that told them I had not thought about that. It was something I was going to have to think about in the future, but right now I wanted to concentrate on healing.

Eventually, after about a month, I was fully healed, but I still had to wait until I was feeling better before starting school. After another week I woke up in bed and screamed my head off. I had moved into my own bedroom by then.

My mom and sis came running into the room with worried looks on their faces. They looked over to me and I looked like I was in shock. They looked at the bed and saw why I had screamed; there was blood everywhere. Julie started to panic along with my worrying; something was wrong.

My mom grabbed my sis and told her to sit on the bed. She did, and then my mom grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me slightly to get my attention. I came to and looked at her with a panicked look on my face.

"Before you do or say anything else let me explain. I was told this may happen or it may not. What I didn't tell you both was when the doctor did the operation he found a partial set of female reproductive organs."

Both Julie and I looked at mom with surprised looks on our faces.

"Let me continue. He told me not to tell either of you because he didn't want any of you to get any hopes that this would happen."

"What's wrong with her mom?" asked Julie.

"Well can't you tell? I would have thought you would have realized Julie."

"You mean... is that what I think it means?"

"Will someone tell me," I screamed. "It's me that's bleeding from down there!"

Suddenly it hit me like a tidal wave. What mom had just told Julie and I. Julie should have recognized it. Mom didn't want to tell us in the first place just in case it didn't happen.

"Is that what I think it is then mom?"

"Yes honey, it is. Now we have to get it cleaned up and I have to take you to hospital. Your doctor has been keeping in touch with me about this. He told me after a month or so it may happen it may not, we would have to wait and see. Apparently the hormones you've been taking have kick started the female side of you that was dormant. I'll ring him, then we'll leave for the hospital."

"Well, sis it looks like a full welcome to womanhood now."

"Err, looks like it Julia."

Mom came back in the room and started to clean up. I felt a bit embarrassed about it, but she told me she did the same thing when Julie started her period. Then it hit me full on. I, once a boy, now a girl, never dreamed it would be this good. All my life I felt as though I should have been born a girl. This now confirmed that I was a girl through and through. After mom cleaned me, we all got in the car and went over to the hospital. My doctor was waiting, so was the shrink. I liked her.

They took me to a room and asked if my mom and sis could come with me. I said yes. We all went into a room with a funny looking metal thing in it. It was a bed with what looked like metal feet at one end. I thought it was a torture device and believe me, when I was put in it I decided it was a torture device. The pain was excruciating. Then mom told me to expect more which didn't go down to well with me. She mentioned the first time is the hardest, my body will adapt.

That made me feel a bit better, after about an hour sat in this medieval torture device, which I later found out was a gynecologist's room. I was moved to an office where they proceeded to tell me what my mom already knew most of. Apparently I had half of a female reproductive system, one functioning ovary and fallopian tube to match. I would menstruate but not as bad as natural born women would.

My sister was immediately jealous, so was mom as they suffered badly from what they call the monthly curse and if I was only going to get a minimum amount of the pain they suffered. It was better for me; however, they were still jealous.

Then mom sis and the shrink continued to tell me about feminine hygiene. As it was a hospital they had all sorts of stuff there which would be better than trying to explain back home.

After about an hour I finally had the gist of it and was told we could go home. However, I was to come back every day for a checkup. They wanted to keep an eye on me for some reason. Apparently, the condition I had was very rare, so they were taking all the precautions they could.

On the way home, I was ecstatic. Not only did I have what I always wanted, but I got more in the process. I was a real girl now. Then Julie brought me back to earth by saying I would go through this every month, but at slightly different times give or take a few days. So apparently, I had better always be prepared.

"Oh my god, being a girl is more work than I thought it would be."

"Are you regretting it young lady?" asked mom.

"Not on your life mom. I would not trade this in for anything. I have what I always wanted and more. I am sooooo happy."

"Well, we'll see what you have to say on that when you have the cramps."

"Oh shit."

"Watch that language, it isn't supposed to come out of a young woman's mouth," said mom.

"Sorry mom."

"I'll forgive you this time, but you better make sure I never hear it again. You're not big enough yet to stop me putting you over my knee and spanking you."

Both Julie and I were a bit put off at that. Mom never spanked us. Was she just joking with us or did she actually mean it?

"And if you two are wondering if I mean it. Yes I do. Julia you were brought up male and still have male tendencies now and then. I have noticed this, so maybe this warning will make you concentrate more on what your sister and I are helping you learn."

"Sorry mom."

Well the next day I found out about the pain that the women in this family suffer from. God, if I only get a part of what they get, I truly feel sorry for them both. It felt like I was dying. My mom told me the doctor did say my first time might be a bad one, as it was the first time the organs had done this. They should have started 2 years ago when my sisters did, but I was not anatomically correct at the time. Also my temper got a bit frayed and I started shouting at everything and everyone. Then to make matters worse, my sister started off the next day. I feel sorry for mom, as Julie and I were not the best two people to have around at that time.

"Well sis, it looks like we are more twin than anyone thought."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it, this is your first period, right?"

"Yes, and believe me when I say I hope it's the last."

"Sorry sis, they're here to stay."

"Shoot."

"Well as I was saying, this is your first time. Before that you were different, so now you're not different anymore that means, because we are twins, you somehow picked up on my own cycle and started your own off."

"You don't have a bike Julie."

"You idiot, I meant my menstrual cycle."

"Oh, I forgot you also call then that."

"So, new sis of mine, we are truly twins as we both get it at the same time."

"Oh yeah, your right, I love you Julie."

"I love you too Julia."

Well that started a giggle fest off. That is until the pain got bad for both Julie and me. We ended up in a race for the Tylenol. Sis got there just slightly before I did. Even though I could walk without problems again, I still had a slight problem running.

A few days later the pain went away. Thank God I thought, I have to suffer that each month. But if it was either suffer with this, or go back to being a boy again, then believe you me, I'd rather suffer.

A week later our friends came around from our old school. They told us that following what I told the police and us getting the compensation, not only was Tom and Jimmy expelled from any school in the state, they was also helping Uncle Sam out in a youth offenders prison. Great I thought, at least they won't turn up at this school I'll be going to.

They brought a load of teen girl mags around. I looked through the pile and saw one I fancied reading. It was only on makeup, but I needed to learn these things anyway. Then all of a sudden it went quiet, no sound at all. I thought that's strange 6 other girls in a room and no noise, I started to panic slightly and peered over the top of the mag. There were 5 girls and my sister pointing over at me and smiling, moving their hands and pointing at me with nods coming from the others.

"What are you lot planning?" I asked.

"Nothing much sis, we sort of saw which mag you picked up and we all had a similar idea".

"Err, what idea would that be then?"

I was a bit afraid of what these girls were thinking. Back when I had my boy's body, I knew girls could be very conniving when they got in a group. Here were 6 girls all nodding and pointing at me. Scared was not a word I would describe what I was thinking, when all of a sudden they launched at me.

"MAKEOVER!"

"OH shit," I said and tried to move away.

Well they had grabbed me before I even put the mag down. As they carried me to my bedroom I got an idea, if they were going to make me over then I wasn't going to be the only one. I whispered into one of the girl's ears and her eyes nearly bugged out. Then she smiled at me.

"DOUBLE MAKEOVER," she shouted

With that they all went crazy except for Julie, she knew what that meant and tried to make a hasty retreat. Unfortunately, we were already in my bedroom and one of the other girls closed the door and locked it. My sister was not happy and gave me the look of death, as to say 'wait till we are alone'.

"Well if I have to have one, then you do too," I smiled then poked my tongue out.

"Well I suppose you're right, we do need to see how much we look alike when we have makeup on."

"Don't forget hair," one of the other girls piped in.

Julie and I both groaned at the same time. About halfway through, our mom came up to my room and tried to open the door. When she realized it was locked she banged on the door. The girl that locked it unlocked the door and apologized, telling my mom why she did it. My mom forgave her and said it she thought it was a good idea.

She stepped into my room and her jaw nearly hit the floor.

"Oh my God, you both look beautiful, the only problem is who is who?"

Julie and I looked at each other. Julie's mouth dropped as soon as she saw me. I didn't know what the problem was until we was both moved inform of the mirror. I know we were identical twins, but with the makeup, my mom was right. I was the spitting image of my sister. When all the girls noticed, they shouted with glee. Then said to us it was not finished yet as hair was yet to come.

I was in heaven. I was on top of the world. My status as a woman was now guaranteed; I looked exactly like my sis. You could not tell us apart. Then they started on our hair. Talk about painful these flexible rod things they was putting in our hair was wound that tight I thought they were pulling my hair out. After another hour they took them out and Julie and I looked in the mirror again. We were both stunning. They made us both wear a similar outfit although Julie's fit a bit better.

"Well you are on the way sis. They are about half my size, so in another month or so you should have caught up. I'm surprised they've grown that quick to be honest."

"Tell me about it. Did they hurt you when they were growing?"

"Oh crap. We haven't got you a bra, have we?"

"Err no, you or mom haven't got me one yet."

"Well you definitely need one now. You know what that means don't you?"

"No, what does it mean?"

Well the following uproar made it quite clear. One minute it was talking noise then all of a sudden 6 other girls screamed at the top of their voices.

"S H O P P I N G"

"Oh boy. Is this going to be an experience for you sis, this is what we call retail therapy. You will like it, believe you me."

Because all the girls came down with one of their mothers in the people carrier, it was decided to go to the mall in that. When we went down, there was a woman talking to my mom that I didn't know. One of the girls piped up and said it was her mom. How did I think they all got down here? When we were all in the living room, two gasps emanated from the settee.

"Which one is which, Jillian?" asked my friend's mom.

"To be honest Gail, I can't tell between the two of them myself. Ok here goes. Would the real girls hold their hands up," said my mom.

With that, seven hands went up. Mom and her friend had to giggle to themselves at the stupidity of the question. So mom rephrased the question.

"Would the girls that were born girls raise their hands."

Another seven hands went up.

"Well I did tell Julia to think that she was actually born female, so any questions related to that answer them," said mom

"Ooh, I've got a question," said Gail

Would the girls who suffer the monthly curse please raise their hands," said Gail.

Seven hands went up again. Then she realized what my mom had said and realized what a daft question that was. She decided to try again.

"Ok, enough with what you have been told to say by your mother Julie and Julia. Whichever one you are. This question is for just you two. Would the girl that has a monthly visitor, and I want the truth here, please hold their hand up."

With that, two hands went up. Gail looked at both of us and repeated that she wanted the truth. We both nodded and kept our hands up.

"That was a daft question Gail," my mom said.

"What do you mean Jillian?"

"Well they both suffer from it."

With that, six mouths dropped open and stared at Julie and me. Since none of them could tell who was who.

"How is that possible Jillian? One of them wasn't born female."

"Well it seems Julia, had some sleeping organs, and when we introduced her to the hormone tablets it sort of woke them up. In turn starting the monthly curse."

Gail was shocked that something like this could happen. With that, the girls jumped on Julie and me and congratulated us becoming a woman. They didn't know who was who until I said thanks a lot. Then Gail asked them why they were all downstairs, then came that word again. Shopping. With that the two adults smiled, looked at us all, and started to figure out how to get there, since the people carrier would only seat seven. The decision was made to split us in-between the two, 5 in the carrier and 4 in the car.

When we all arrived at the mall, I was literally dragged out of the car. We all went to the first shop that was inside the mall, the Beauty salon. Not that I needed make up, it was decided that since I was now a girl, girls don't go around without pierced ears. Well mom never even let Julie get her ears pierced before, but relented when she was almost mugged by seven teenage girls.

With our ears pierced, we started on our shopping expedition. I was really getting into this shopping thing and I was having a great time in the process. One of the girls saw a few boys hanging about the mall and started to whisper to the other girls.

"Ooh, that one's cute, don't ya think?" one asked the other.

"Sort of, but I like the slightly taller one," another girl replied.

Then it got a bit awkward, Julie turned around to me and asked which one I liked. It stunned me for a minute and they could all see I was trying to figure something out. They all thought I was trying to decide if I liked boys yet or still liked girls. My next comment shocked all of them including the mothers.

"Well if I had to choose. I'd go for the one in the middle, he looks dreamy and cute."

Well it's a good job there was no flying insects in the area. Cos if there was there would be eight traps waiting for them. All their jaws nearly hit the floor.

"Did I hear you right, Julia?" asked my sis.

"Yes, you did hear me right. The one in the middle he's cute, and he's got a nice cute butt too."

Well if the first comment caused a shock that second one did. Without warning the three boys all wandered over to us. I was looking the one I thought was cute and he saw me looking.

"Hello," he said. "My names Geoff."

"Err, Err, I'm Julia," I managed to get out.

"I noticed you looking at us, any particular reason?"

With that one of the other girls, Pam I think it was suddenly blurted out.

"She was just saying you were cute."

If we were having a barbecue, you could have cooked the food on my face, they could see it, mom could see and unfortunately Geoff could see it.

"I noticed your part of a double act," he said.

"Pardon?"

"What I meant is you're a twin, just like me."

"I don't see anyone else looking like you hanging around," I said.

"Well George is at home with our dad, he's helping fix the car."

With that, my sis whispered to me that if he has a brother, try to get us both dates. Even though it is the first time I was talking to a boy, it was going great, try and get her a date with her brother as she liked him too.

"So does your brother look like you?" I asked.

"Yep, sure does," he grinned.

What I said next shocked everyone in the group, even sis and mom.

"Well if he looks as cute as you do, then me and my sis here would like to meet up again, with your brother, if that's possible?"

Sis was nudging my arm. I was ignoring her most of the time. All the girls went quiet. There was an eerie silence from everyone until.

"Well I know my brothers tastes, they're the same as mine, and if I find you attractive then he would find your sister attractive also. Look here's my phone number, if you really want to meet up again, give me a call. I'll let my bruv know I met 2 very cool twins at the mall and I have taken a fancy to one of them already, I am sure he will like your sister."

With that, he said his goodbyes, turned around and went to the arcade. I got mobbed by the other girls, congratulating me on picking such a fine specimen on my first time out. I was getting dagger looks from my mom. However, sis was still open mouthed.

"I cannot believe you just did that sis."

"Well you did say you liked him too. I just opened the opportunity up for us."

After the boys left, it was decided that we should continue shopping. The talk was mainly about current fashions and of course the meeting between the boys and us. I got asked all sorts of questions from the girls, like 'When did you decide you liked boys?', and 'Do you still like girls?' I told them that I didn't know exactly when I started looking at boys, it just happened.

Well the shopping trip lasted another few hours. I lost count after the thirteenth shop we went into. I got all different types of clothes. I was surprised how much shopping can be done when you're a girl. When you're a boy its get there, you know what you want, you find it buy it then leave. As a girl it's got to be tried, demonstrated, think of the pros and cons of the outfit. Get the others decisions and so forth. I never had so much fun before.

About four in the afternoon, we were starting to get tired. Someone came up with the idea of eating out. This got a great response. It was just trying to decide where we were going to eat. After we decided, it took us half an hour to get seated, as it was a posh place. We got served ate our meal then all paid a visit to the ladies room. Well this was a first for me to use the bathroom while out of the house. Talk about talk in there. There was all this chatter going on which I couldn't understand half of what was said, as they were all speaking too quickly. We all finished and touched up our makeup and left the eatery.

As we left, it was getting onto five thirty. We all congregated near the entrance of the mall. Once we were all ready, as we were just about to open the doors, when who should turn up. Geoff, as soon as I went for the door he opened it for me. It surprised me a bit as that was a first for me. I must have blushed and hesitated a little, because someone pushed me from behind straight into his chest. He looked very happy at that. I looked over my shoulder and saw Julie grinning from ear to ear.

As I turned around to face Geoff, I got a shock. Right there behind him was his brother George. I decided to get my own back on my sister. I turned around, grabbed her hand and swung her around Geoff and me. Well to say she was surprised when I swung her straight into George's chest.

"Well bruv, you were right," George said.

"Told ya I saw two gorgeous twins here this morning didn't I?"

"Yep like I said, you were right. Oh, where are my manners, ladies," said Geoff. "This is my brother George, this pretty one here is Julia, but I'm sorry, I didn't get her sisters name."

My sister started to blush a deep crimson color. So I decided to get even once again.

"Sorry about my sister, she is a bit shy, her name is Julie," I said.

My sister shot me that look of death again. I was starting to get used to that.

"Well hello there Julie, pleased to make your acquaintance," said George.

My sister went quiet again, as she had done before.

"Like I said she's shy."

Well this went on for about five minutes, my sister not saying much and me doing the majority of the talking. As it turns out they lived about twenty-five minute walk from where we lived. What I didn't know was they went to the school I was going to attend. My sister knew that, because she actually had a crush on George, but she didn't tell me about it. That's why she was quiet, which I found out later when we got home. Anyway we said our goodbyes and I promised them we would call.

We all went back to the cars. The other girls wanted all of us to travel together, so they could chat. Our moms put a stop to that as there wasn't enough room, but they came up with a compromise. A sleep over, if the other girl's parents agreed to it. Well you can imagine the word sleepover to a bunch of girls. They were all for it and I was too, but I was a bit scared as well. I mean my first girly sleepover, I had roughly heard what went on at these functions and I think it showed on my face. My sister saw this and said it would be ok, I mean we were all girls now and I even had our monthly visitor to verify that. She also squeezed my hand to confirm what she meant.

When we got home, it was like an avalanche escaping from two vehicles. Between us girls and the clothes bags, we near enough ran into each other trying to get to the front door. That is until we realized it was in fact still locked. It hurt, I was near the front. They all saw my wince of pain and immediately started to offer their apologies. We made way for mom and she unlocked it. First call was the phone, it was a fight to see who could keep hold of it long enough to make a call to see if they could stop over.

Once they had all called their homes and got the ok after speaking to mom. I was literally dragged up the stairs. They looked around again and decided that my room would suffice for the night. Then it was down to the kitchen for snacks and soda. Well another trip beckoned, we needed food and lots of it. To feed seven girls on a sleepover is something else, not to mention the different types of soda, caffeine free and diet. Some only likes cola, some only liked orange, so we ended up with about twelve different types on the way back to the till. And the cost was expensive, but mom said it was alright seen as though it was my first official sleepover as a girl.

When we got back to the house it was back upstairs to raid my sister’s closet. She complained at first, until they mentioned they didn't bring any sleepwear. She relented after that. Then we were back in my bedroom to try on all the outfits again. Not only me, but sis and a few of the girls also raided my clothes. After about an hour, mom brought some soda upstairs for us to drink and a DVD.

It was one of them smoochy ones. We all sat down with our sodas and watched the film. By the end of it I was in tears and so were all the others. Time for a group hug my sister said. By this time it was nine pm and Pam decided now was the official time to start the sleepover. First we played 'spin the bottle'. I didn't know what that meant until we all agreed and started playing. That's when they told me it was a truth or dare one. I wish I had not started now as the first turn it pointed to me. I was asked truth or dare. Since I didn't know them that well, I decided on a dare.

I wish I didn't, because my dare was to ring Geoff. Whatever was running through my mind at the mall was not the same there and then. I was scared stiff that is until someone passed me the phone and told me there was a phone call for me. That was funny I didn't remember it ringing.

"Hello, who is it?" I asked.

"What?" came the response. "You rang me."

I recognized that voice, it was Geoff. They'd rung him after finding the paper then passed me the phone.

"Oh hello Geoff, sorry about that. We were having a sleep over and it was truth or dare and I got picked"

"That's ok, I actually thought you wanted to call me for a reason."

"Oh, err, hmmm, err, I did actually want to speak to you," I said not really believing I was talking to a boy on the phone, a cute one come to think of it.

"Well before you say anything, are you and your sister doing anything next Friday night?" he asked.

"Not that I am aware of, why?"

"Well George and I were wondering if you and your sister wanted to go to the movies, or something?"

Well that stumped me a bit. My jaw was hanging down and my sister tried to get me to tell her what was said. I couldn't speak, a boy had just asked me out, a real date, my dreams never considered this side of being a girl, it was limited to only being a girl.

My sister had had enough. She grabbed the phone from me and asked, "Who's this?"

When a rather puzzled Geoff told her, she responded with, "That was my sister and we sound alike on the phone."

He told her what was just asked; she said, "Hold on for thirty seconds."

With that she darted downstairs and was back up after fifteen seconds.

"Geoff?"

"Yes Julie?" he replied.

"I have just spoken to our mom and she said that as long as you come to our house before, so she can meet you two properly, and as long as you behave yourselves and are respectful then she said we can, go on the date I mean."

Well the shocked look on my face told them all. My sister said her goodbyes, and put the phone down. All hell broke loose in my bedroom. All the girls stood up and said we needed to find out which outfits we were going to wear. I was still sat on the floor with my mouth open.

My sister came to me and closed my mouth and told me, "It's not ladylike to keep your mouth open."

"Did I just hear you say yes to a date with Geoff and George?"

"Yep and mom ok'd it. So sis, time to figure out what we are going to wear."

"Its next week, why do we have to decide now?"

"Well we have to have a couple of outfit's ready, depending on what the weather is like. Look, I know this may be a bit of a shock, but you're going to have to do it one day. Why not start now, seen as though those guys are cute."

"I know they're cute, but I didn't think. This is all going a bit too fast for me"

"Don't worry sis, I'll be there for you. I won't let anything bad happen."

"Ok then, by the way, will mom let us wear makeup?"

"Let her try and stop the West girls."

I had to giggle at that, it's the first time I my sister had really referred to us as the West girls. I liked it. Well as soon as the other girls heard that magic word of makeup that was it. We got swamped and literally dragged over to my vanity.

After about half an hour my head was swimming. They were all talking at once and so fast I couldn't keep up with them all. I tenderly asked if they could all slow down, so I could understand. They all looked at me as if to say, 'didn't you hear anything we just said'. I just shrugged my shoulders and gave a little pout. Well that did it all the other girls broke down in laughter.

"I swear Julia. That was the most feminine girly pout I ever saw," said Pam.

The others just started laughing again and that started me off also. They did slow down slightly, so I was actually able to hear what they were doing and why. My mom came in the room and took one look at me and Julie and asked what was going on. No daughter of hers would wear that much makeup and to the fact that we were only fourteen.

"Well that does it," my mom stated.

"What does, mom?" Julie and I said at the same time

"Well I can't have my two daughters looking like they work on street corners."

All of us just stood there open mouthed.

"I'm just going to have to take you two to the beautician before your dates."

"You promise?" we said again in unison.

"Yes, I promise," replied mom.

Well that started the other girls off asking if they could have one too. Mom said no as she could only remember having two daughters going on a date, not seven. The other girls pleaded, but mom had none of it. She did promise if it was ok with their parents, they could go with us, but not have anything done unless their parents paid. Well that started the stampede again, until mom mentioned how late it was and they could ring first thing in the morning.

Then my mom mentioned it was a Friday they were going out. The girls realized it would be too late to get here from their houses and said they would be around Saturday morning for a full briefing. I started to wonder if it was a date we were going on or to boot camp. My sister told me after a date all the girls got together and told the others what had happened. I thought for a moment, then realized this is actually what girls do. All you used to hear from the boys side was, 'Yes we went out and we did it, ok'. I never believed this as I never thought a girl would go out then immediately do it afterwards. I told the other girls this and instantly they gave me names which I nodded to every one of them. They told us they heard the stories too, but their parents knew nothing happened so just too it as the boys was trying to show off to their friends.

After another thirty minutes and we had sort of half decent makeup. We put on some of few of the items we bought during the day on, looked over to the mirror and we saw ourselves. We looked identical, except I was a bit smaller in breast development as she was. I looked sad for a minute until one of the other girls stuck her hands down my front with something soft and cold.

"Arghhhh, what was that?" I screamed.

"Well if you must know I have to use these as mine are about the same size as yours," said Pam.

"What are ‘these' you were on about?"

She held out her hand and showed me a single silicone gel looking thing with a half moon shape.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's my breast enhancers, I have to use them to create a better cleavage," said Pam.

With that the five girls turned to her and said in unison, "Never would I have believed that Pam."

"My mom got her them for me and I feel more comfortable with them on," explained Pam

"They do make me look better and about the same size as Julie," I started to laugh.

"And what are you laughing at?" asked Pam, she thought I was laughing at her for using them.

"I look a bit of a freak" I said

"I have told you before sis you don't."

"No, I didn't mean it that way. Just have a look at me will you."

Well with that six girls looked at me then five towards Julie. Julie looked down at herself then at me, then at the other girls and we both fell on the ground laughing our heads off. They had all seen at the same time that I only had one of the enhancers in and it looked like I had one B cup and one AA cup. It definitely looked odd. I then turned around and said call me Frankie. Frankie n stein. When the girls heard that it started a new round of giggles and laughter.

My mom came back into the room and asked us to quiet down. Then she looked at me and started to giggle herself.

"Ok, who gave my daughter odd boobs?"

"I did Mrs. West. I thought she may look better and closer to Julie if I slipped one of my enhancers into her bra," explained Pam

"Well they definitely made her look closer to Julie's size. Can you tell me where you got them, so I can get her a pair myself?"

Pam told mom her where she got them. Then mom said we would take another mall trip tomorrow, to get me a pair and we were all welcome to join. This started the girls off again. Two malls trips in two days, they were all ecstatic. We all settled down, placed the other enhancer in and checked us both out. You could have said Julie and I were looking into a mirror. We were indeed identical twins.

We all changed into our night clothes and settled down for another movie. It was another love type story and by the end we were all crying again. By this time it was about one am and we decided that we needed to sleep a bit before another shopping trip tomorrow.

We all snuggled together, which surprised me a bit as I didn't think girls were this personal during a sleepover. I was so wrong we all cuddled up, said goodnight to each other, before all fell asleep. I started to think that it would never get any better than this as I fell into a deep sleep. God, I was so wrong, when the next day and another mall trip came along.

As you all know, when a lot of girls go to the mall they get a bit overactive. After about six hrs nonstop shopping, I was starting to feel really tired. Julie noticed see this and mentioned about going home. When we all got home we all said our goodbyes and we would see each other again soon. I was a bit sad as it had been the best weekend I could remember.

All week I was worrying about our upcoming date. Julie kept telling me we would be all right, as we would both be together. I was wondering why all of a sudden I had gone from 'I don't know if I like boys or girls' to 'I definitely like boys'. Talk about confused, but I made a promise I would go and I was going to stick to it.

On the Wednesday, Geoff rang me and asked if it was ok to come around and meet my mom. I went and asked my mom and she said that would be fine if he turned up around eight o'clock. They both turned up which surprised me. They talked to our mom and after about thirty minutes left. Mom came to Julie and me, and said they both acted like gentleman, their dad had instilled some manners into them at a young age. She told us that the date was a go on Friday and they would be there at seven sharp.

Friday came around pretty quickly. I was able to get Julie's and my dresses ready as she was at school. That was going to be an experience as I was due to start the following Monday. I was totally scared again, what if someone recognized me, what if someone knew about me. All these thoughts and feelings I was having was not doing me any good.

Julie got home from school and tried to calm me down. Initially, she thought it was because of the date, until I told her it was school. She said it would be all right and her new friends knew she had a twin and would welcome her into the group, as long as I wasn't flaky. Julie assured me I was not flaky. After about thirty minutes I had calmed down enough to go and get a shower, after my shower Julie had hers.

"Now you've calmed down enough, can we both get dressed? They will be here in about an hour," asked Julie.

"Yeah, come on let's get this over with, I will either like it or not. I won't know until we are actually there," I replied.

"That's the attitude sis. Come on well help each other get ready"

After forty-five minutes we were both ready and waiting upstairs for our dates, as our mom had told us to. When we went downstairs they had done the same as us; they were dressed identically. We had to ask who was who. They said that they were going to the movies then if we wanted we would grab a bite to eat after.

We went outside and we were greeted by their dad who was sat in the car. As we all got in he mentioned that his sons had said they were going to the movies with two beautiful girls, but that was an understatement once he saw us. Both Julie and I went bright red at that. Geoff spoke up and told his dad not to embarrass us, then added sir at the end before he could say anything.

We pulled up outside the movie theatre and as we all got out, Geoff turned to his dad and said he would ring when they wanted picking up. We went along to the stand and they asked what we wanted to watch. It took Julie and I all of a minute before we both replied in unison. It was the latest chick flick as both boys put it, but seen as though it was our first get together then we had the choice.

"We pick next time though, you realize that don't you?" said Geoff.

"We'll have to see how well you both behave, to see if there is a next time" said Julie.

"Dude, we better be on our best behavior, I like Julie and I think you like Julia," George whispered to his brother

"You're right there bruv," he whispered back

As we all went to get our tickets, well Geoff and George got the tickets while Julie and I waited for them, they came back and asked if we wanted anything from the concession stand. It was decided on two buckets of pop corn, three cokes and a lemonade. The lemonade was for me as I still was not allowed caffeine.

We all found our seats, which happened to be near the back. Julie and I looked at each other and decided if they tried anything we were out of there. We all sat down and the movie started. After about an hour both we were both crying and we leaned over to the guys to rest our heads. As true gentlemen they were they just put their arms around us and offered comfort, nothing else.

As the film finished we got up and left, Since MacDonald's was just across the road we decided to go there. When we were sat down, the guys asked us what we wanted, Julie and I went for the chicken, while the guys got the biggest sandwich going. The guys just listened to us girls chat about the movie. After a while we realized they were staring at us, we looked at them and they sharply looked away.

Julie giggled and asked them, "Do you to talk about something else?"

We all got chatting about ourselves, we found out a lot more about them and they found out a lot about us. Eventually they asked if we were ready to go home. Since both of us were starting to get a bit tired we said yes. Geoff rang his dad on his cell phone and was told he would be about ten minutes. That gave us a little more time to talk to each other.

We their dad came and we all got into the car and drove us home. As we came to a stop we were told to wait until they got out and opened the doors for us. We got out and proceeded to our front door. We could see mom looking out of the bedroom window. So we got to the front door and started talking a little bit.

The guys said even though we saw a chick flick they had a really good time. They asked if we could do it again sometime. I looked at Julie and she gave an empathic nod and we both agreed on that. We told them to call us tomorrow. Julie gave George a peck on the cheek and he loved that cos a big smile appeared on his face. I don't know what came over me but I planted a really big wet kiss on Geoff's lips, he was startled for a minute then got into it.

All George and Julie could do was stare at us both. All I can say is I melted into Geoff and I think he did to me. The kiss lasted about three minutes. Until George mentioned something and we broke the kiss. I don't know what he said I was in heaven and didn't hear him. Geoff did and pulled back and saying he would definitely call tomorrow.

They both waited until we were in the house before they turned around and went back to the car. As soon as we got indoors Julie turned to me and said, "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know sis, I don't know what came over me, one minute I'm standing there and the next my brain told me to kiss him. I think it still has some of the male habits there telling me to go first, I'm not sure."

"Well that was one hell of a kiss you two had going there, if George hadn't have said something it would probably still be going."

"YES young lady, what was that I just witnessed outside?" came a loud voice from the top of the stairs.

"Oh crap, don't tell me mom saw that?" I asked Julie.

"That was what George told his brother, he told him our mom was giving Geoff that better not be kissing my daughter in front of me look."

"Oh, I wondered why he stopped."

With that mom came downstairs with an angry look on her face, Julie being a great sister stood by my side. With all the telling off I got from mom I started to cry and hold onto Julie for dear life. Mom saw this and offered some comfort and said we needed a chat.

"Well young lady, I didn't expect that from you. Maybe from your sister, but not you."

"What do you mean me?" Julie said.

"You've been a girl a lot longer than Julia, haven't you? You have the urges normal girls have, don't you?"

"Oh yes, I see what you mean" she replied.

"Well I think I know what has happened here," continued mom.

Well we all sat down mom went to get a coffee and me and Julie a couple of sodas. She sat between me and Julie and started to tell me a few more things I was not told. First off because of the fact my hormones went from male to female. All the oestrogen in my system was bound to have an effect on my brain. She told us the doctor said I may do irrational things now and then because of the new hormones in my brain and system. She told me and Julie that because of these changes, my body and brain would react different to what I was used to, the signals my brain was giving and receiving was making me a bit muddled up.

After another twenty minutes she had finished. I finally understood what she had been talking about. I told her what I was feeling and thinking while it was happening and she said she sort of new. But she wanted me to have that experience right off from the bat so I would know when and if it happened again. She said she didn't want to tell me before we went out, because it would have had me thinking on that rather than have a good time.

"Well now you know I ask only one thing," she said.

"What's that mom?" I replied.

"Please no more kissing like you did on the front porch. A light peck on the cheek like Julie did or a little quick hug. You are BOTH far too young, for that type of a kiss. It's obvious Geoff carried on with it, he is male after all, and anything like that you don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

"Ok mom, I understand," I said.

"Now both of you go upstairs, take that make up off and get changed, then come back down here we need to talk about school for you on Monday, Julia."

We went upstairs and all the time we were out of ear shot of mom, Julie asked me all sorts of questions the main one though. "What was it like?"

"I don't really know, all of a sudden I had an urge to kiss him."

"Not that you dunce, the actual kiss."

"Oh that, it was dreamy, I can't really say anymore apart from it felt like nothing else mattered at that point. I felt safe with him holding me and my arms around his neck. It was heaven."

"Great, you've been a girl for a few months and you already beat me into kissing a guy."

With that we both burst out laughing as we tried to finish up. After about another thirty minutes we were changed and we went downstairs to talk to mom about my upcoming school attendance. After an hour, we had talked enough to get me by. Julie said we had exactly the same classes so she would look after me and introduce me to her new friends. After that we went to bed and I had the best sleep in ages. All I could think about was that kiss and would it happen again. In my mind I knew it would because if he didn't kiss me, I was definitely gonna kiss him. I liked him a lot; he was cute, well really handsome, well behaved, and very friendly. Yes I was definitely going to kiss Geoff again.

The following day Geoff rang the house and as soon as I heard his name being said I went all gooey with a warm tingly feeling. Julie saw this and made no comment on it, but passed me the phone. After about twenty minutes we said our goodbyes and then Julie talked to George for about five minutes before they said their goodbyes. Sis then turns to me.

"You've got it bad girl."

"Huh, what did you say?"

"I said you've got it bad, as soon as Geoff's name was mentioned you sort of spaced out."

"No I didn't. Did I?"

"Yep you sure did sis, those female hormones are definitely doing a number on you, aren't they?"

"Must be. As soon as I hear his name or think of him, I sort of, well you know."

"Yep I know, I didn't tell you this, but I have had my eye on George for a while. I knew he had a brother, but I didn't want to mention him to you until you had made your mind up on which way you were going to go."

"I wasn't too sure myself; it sort of crept up on me. It doesn't bother you, does it Julie?"

"No sis, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, even if you had gone the other way."

"Thanks sis, you're the greatest."

All afternoon I was on cloud nine after the phone call. Then I remembered about the following day, I was going to go to school as a girl for the first time. Then I realized Geoff will be there. He goes to the same school.

"Earth to Julia, come in Julia."

"Huh, what sis?"

"You spaced out again."

"Just thinking about school again, then Geoff popped into my head."

"I thought so. The look was similar to the one you had earlier."

My sister then left me to my dream and she said she was popping into the kitchen for a drink and did I want anything. I was that preoccupied I didn't hear her. She just turned around and went to the kitchen. Little did I know she had an ulterior motive.

"Mom, can we talk?" asked Julie

"Yes Hun, what's on your mind?" replied mom.

"Julia, ever since yesterday it seems all she can think about id Geoff. I'm a bit worried. It seems to be going a bit fast."

"You remember your first crush, don't you?"

"Yes mom, but this is different."

"I see what you're getting at and I am also a bit worried. It's like she has gone from being a very shy boy to a very deeply involved girl. I think I'll have a word with her doctor to see what he thinks."

"I hope they have some sort of answer mom. I would hate for her to take a fall on her first boyfriend since the change."

"I know. If, like you say, she has fallen hard for this boy. If something happens she may not be able to recover from it. Would you please keep an eye out for her and keep me informed on what happens at school?"

"I'm not spying on my sister for you, mom."

"I am not asking for you to spy on her, just keep me informed. And as you put it we have both got to watch out for her. I never imagined she would go from one extreme to the other like she has. It is actually scaring me a little too."

"Ok mom. I am worried too so I will keep you informed"

"That's all I ask Julie. We both love her way too much to let anything happen to her. She has been through enough this year without suffering a setback if it all goes pear shaped."

"Ok mom."

I was still in dream land when my sister came back upstairs. She managed to get me to come around after about five minutes. We had a little talk about school the following day. She also asked me to be careful. Even though she has known Geoff and George while she has been at school, she didn't want me to get hurt. I thanked her for her concern and asked only that she looked out for me.

The following day we got up and dressed for school. Usual uniform stuff. Well usually for the twenty first century that is. Jeans, top, trainers you know the usual stuff. As me and Julie got to school I was a bit terrified. Julie saw this and held my hand and squeezed it gently.

"It will be alright sis. I'm here for you no matter what."

With that about three girls ran towards us.

"Julie, you said you were an identical twin, but we didn't expect this" said one of the girls.

"Penny, Julia. Julia, this is Penny one of my friends. The other is Pam and the other is Kate."

"Hi everyone, nice to meet you."

"Bloody hell Julie, she even has a name similar to you," said Pam.

"Well if you noticed I am wearing the green top and she's wearing the red top."

"Good job you told us or we would be mistaking you both all day," said Kate.

Meanwhile mom was at home and just finished the cleaning. She decided to ring the doctor.

"Hello," said the other end of the phone

"Hello doctor, its Jillian West here. Is it ok for a quick chat?"

"Certainly Mrs. West, that is why I gave you my direct number isn't it?" the doc replied

"Yes I suppose it was. The reason I'm calling is this..."

After about thirty minutes on the phone the doctor then asked my mom something.

"Mrs. West. I would like you to bring Julia in for a checkup. I can schedule one in for tomorrow morning"

"That quick? Why so soon?"

"Well from what you have just told me there may be a problem. I will have to do a blood check on her"

"It isn't serious, is it doctor?"

"It could be I'm afraid. We'll not know until we have the results. Where is she now?"

"She is at school, she started this morning"

"Has she had any blackouts or anything similar?"

"Not that I am aware of doctor, please tell me is there something wrong?"

"Well I shouldn't tell you, but from what you said it sounds like an oestrogen overdose. We'll know more tomorrow after the test. I would appreciate you not letting her go to school tomorrow."

Meanwhile...

"Miss West, are you paying attention?"

"Which one miss Grant, there are two of them" shouts Pam

"Julia West," she replies.

With that Julie gave my arm a nudge and I suddenly woke up. Julie asked me if I was ok and which I reply in the positive. Julie knew I was wandering again and went to talk to the teacher. After a few minutes we were both excused from the lesson and went to the nurse’s station. When we got there, Julie asked me to sit down while she explained things to the nurse.

"I'll just take your blood pressure," said the nurse.

"Ok," I said, vaguely.

"Why don't you lie down and rest for a few minute," suggested the nurse after taking my blood pressure.

Back at the house

"Hold on please doctor, there's another call coming through"

"Hello, West household"

"Mom, it's me Julie"

"What's wrong? Why are you ringing?"

"Well Julia sort of spaced out a few minutes ago and we went to the nurse's room."

"What do you mean spaced out?"

"Well you know, there but not there, the body is there but the mind isn't."

"Could she be daydreaming?"

"I don't think so mom, she was like this yesterday and Saturday and Friday night after the date."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought she was daydreaming as well. Well thinking about Geoff that is."

"So why ring about that, while you are at school?"

"Well the nurse took her blood pressure, she told me to tell you it's at 186 over 63 whatever that means."

"Oh dear, that is high, can you hold a minute?"

"Yes mom."

"Hello, doctor?"

"Yes, I am still here."

"That was my other daughter, she is at school and Julia sort of blanked out, she was taken to the nurse and they did a blood pressure test, apparently its 186 over 63"

"What school does she go to? I'm going to send an ambulance straight away."

"Oh God, it's not that serious is it?"

"It could be. I don't know until we get her back here. Could you go to the school and wait for the ambulance?"

"Yes. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Ok, I will meet you all here in about twenty minutes, goodbye for now Mrs. West."

"Goodbye doctor and thanks."

"Hello Julie?"

"Still here mom, what's up?"

"Well I was on the phone to Julia's doctor when you called. He wanted her to go in tomorrow to get some tests done, but with you ringing and telling me the blood pressure test. I told him and he is sending an ambulance around there now. I will be there in a few minutes, ok Hun?"

"What's wrong with her mom? She is going to be alright isn't she?"

"We'll know that once she is at the hospital. Tell the principal what is happening and you both won't be there the rest of the day. Tell him about the blood pressure and the ambulance is on the way. "

"I will mom."

"Ok, see you in a few minutes. Try to keep Julia calm until we get there ok?"

"Ok mom, see you soon."

A minute later she was in the principal's office telling him about the situation. He called the nurse to confirm the blood pressure reading, not believing it could be so high. The nurse confirmed the reading and he said he would wait for the ambulance and direct them to the room. Two minutes later mom showed up and they came back to the room.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I said.

"Your blood pressure is a bit high, so I called the doctor. He is sending an ambulance for you honey."

"Oh no, what's wrong mom?"

"Don't be scared honey, it's only a precaution. Because of what you have been through recently, he wants to check a few things out, ok?"

"Ok mom, but I'm a bit scared."

"I know sweetheart, but better to be safe than sorry."

With that the ambulance got to the school, every kid saw it and immediately looked out the window to see what was happening. The teachers tried to get them all back to their seats without any luck. The paramedics rushed inside with a gurney and a few minutes later they came out with Julia laying down and Julie and her mom with them.

With that Pam shouts out that it is Julia. Geoff nearly trampled over everyone to make sure. He saw her being loaded into the ambulance and made a rapid retreat through the classroom doors. He narrowly missed the ambulance as it rushed away, its lights on but no sound.

Geoff saw the principal in the car park and asked, "What's going on with Julia?"

"I'm sorry, but I can't reveal confidential information. You aren't family."

"Sod the family thing, sir. That's my girlfriend they've just wheeled away. What the hell is going on?"

"You know I cannot tell you anything. If you want to know, ask the West family or wait until you see her next."

Geoff knows there is only one hospital within distance from the time Julia left the classroom to the time the ambulance got there. He figured Julia was being taken to St Mary's just down the road. And he quickly told the principal he is off there. The principal tried to stop him, but Geoff was just too quick for him.

"George, what's your brother doing running down the street?" asked Georges friend Alex

"Don't be an idiot Alex, he would never do that."

"Well I must be an idiot that that is your brother"

George looks out of the upper class window and saw his brother running down the street.

"Bloody hell you're right, it's Geoff. What the hell is he playing at?"

George seeing the principal in the car park ran out of the class to find out what is happening. Once he got there, the principal saw him and tries to explain what had happened. He didn't give specifics, but George deduced that it was either a friend of his or…

"God don't let it be Julia, he's infatuated with her."

"So he was telling the truth, he is her boyfriend then?" says the principal then realizing what he had said, regretting it immediately

"So it was Julia, shit."

George reached into his pocket for his cell and called his dad at work. He told him what has happened and then realized he'd dropped his brother in it deep.

"Thanks for telling me son. I don't blame him. She's all he's talked about all weekend and the last week was Julia, you know that."

"Yeah dad, but..."

"No buts, young man leave this to me. I would like you to back to class and I will see you later."

"Ok dad, let me know I will leave the cell on."

"Ok son, bye for now."

After the call ended Geoff's dad knew it has to be bad. They don't call an ambulance for nothing. School normally took them to the hospital in car. He got up from around his desk, told his receptionist he would be out for the rest of the day and to cancel all appointments.

He got in his car and heads for the hospital closest to the school, hoping that is the right one. Just as he is pulled up, his son came running down the street on foot.

"Hey Geoff, what's the big idea running away from school?"

"Dad, its Julia. She got took away by an ambulance earlier. The head wouldn't tell me anything, so I just came here hoping it's the right one"

"I know George rang me to tell me."

They both went into the hospital and found Julie and her mom standing in a corridor.

"Geoff, what are you doing here?"

As soon as I saw it was Julia, I had to come here. That stupid principal wouldn't tell me a thing, so I just ran here"

"I got a call from George telling me Geoff had run off and came straight here hoping it was the right hospital."

"Is she alright Julie?"

"Well seen as though you are here, I will tell you a little ok," says mom

"Please if you would be so kind" replied Mr. Townsend, Geoff's dad

"Well apparently she has been having a sort of blackout or something along those lines and after today, when they took her to the nurse's room, they checked her blood pressure. Julie called me while I was talking to her doctor and I told him the pressure"

"Can you tell me what the pressure was at Mrs. West I did a bit of pre med when I was younger," asked Mr. Townsend

"It was at 186 over 63, apparently that was enough for the doctor to send an ambulance,"

"Christ, that's high for a little kid," he replied.

Jillian West didn't want to tell him about the possible oestrogen thing, as she wanted to protect her daughters medical and personal past from them. As they all sat in the waiting area waiting for some news, Julie asked if they wanted something to drink. Geoff went with her to help with the sodas from the dispenser.

After about an hour the doctor came out.

"Mrs. West?"

He then noticed another gentleman sat next to her and asked, "Is it ok to talk here?"

"A private room would be better."

The doctor took her to a room and continued. "We have Julia sedated for the time being. Her pressure was really high, so we have given her something for that. We've taken blood samples and sent them to the endocrinologist for a report stat. We should have them back within the hour as we have our own lab here. Can you tell me if she has been under any stress recently?"

"Well from the boyfriend thing and school, I guess you could say yes she has."

"Well that would explain the high blood pressure, but mixed with the possible hormone problem I am glad you called me. I'll let you know more when we do. If you want to go in there, please do so. Ignore the drip we have on her, it's just feeding the drugs we have given to her to try and drop the pressure."

"Thank you doctor."

They left the room and went back to the waiting area. Julie and Geoff had got back with the sodas and then Julie and Jillian went into Julia's room. She looked like she was sleeping. Both Julie and her mom took seats at one side of her.

Geoff and his dad where looking through the window. It looked like Geoff was pining for the girl of his dreams. Julie saw this and asked her mom if Geoff could come in the room. After a minute she said he could and Julie waved for him to come in.

As he was entering the room, Julia just started to come around.

"Huh, how did I get in here mom?"

"Well you spaced out again honey. I was talking to your doctor while you were at school and Julie telephoned me and told me. The doctor thought it best for you to come and get checked out."

"There's nothing wrong is there."

"There's nothing to worry about. They're just going to take some tests, that's all honey."

"Are you ok?" asked Geoff.

"Yes, I feel fine. Hold on, shouldn't you be at school?"

"Errr, when I saw it was you I asked the principal what happened, he wouldn't tell me so I just ran here."

"You'll get in trouble, you know."

"I know, but I just had to be here."

With that Julia just wept and held out her arms for Geoff. He didn't hesitate and ran over to her. She hugged in for a few minutes until the doctor came back into the room.

"Could I ask you to step outside for a minute please young man?"

"Yes, sure doc. No probs."

With that Geoff left them in peace. The doctor turned around to them all and grabbed a spare chair and sat down. He turned to Mom and started.

"Well the tests came back quicker than I expected. My first conclusion that I spoke about earlier was spot on." He turned to me, "Julia it appears that you are suffering from very high blood pressure which we have to reduce. And second you are experiencing an oestrogen overdose."

"I'm experiencing a what?"

"An oestrogen overdose. What that means is between the tablets you are taking and the fact you have half of a normal females anatomy, you are getting too much oestrogen in your system. We'll have to cut it down."

"How do we do that doc?"

"With immediate effect you are to stop taking all prescription medicine. I will give you some other to take solely for your blood pressure. It appears that you are somehow, with only half a reproductive system, producing the full amount of oestrogen naturally. We'll have to do some more tests to find out why, but you no longer need the tablets. Also you're not to attend school for another three weeks."

"But I've just started."

"I know, but until your blood pressure comes down I do not believe it's in your best interest."

"Don't worry sis, I'll get any work you need to catch up again."

"Thanks Julie, I was starting to like it there as well."

"Wait till I tell the others you're off for another three weeks. They will all want high blood pressure."

"I would not advise that Miss West," the doc replied.

"Sorry, I forgot you were here."

"Good job I didn't then, isn't it?"

"How long do I have to be in here for, doctor?"

"We'll release you either tomorrow or Wednesday. We have to make sure it is down enough not to cause concern."

"Can Geoff come back in now doctor?"

"That is something else I have to warn you about. It seems your stress level went up because of the immediate change in your personality and tastes. I would like you to consider putting your relationship with Geoff to one side for the time being, until we can asses why the sudden change."

"Oh. So does that mean I have to let him go?"

"No. Julia. It means just wait while we can find out what has happened to cause such a sudden change. I would like to try hypnosis if I may?"

"If it will help and doesn't turn me into a vegetable, then I'm all for it."

"We're not a stage act here Julia. We have expert people at hand."

"Now I suppose it is best for you to talk to your friend for a few minutes."

"Thanks doc."

With that, the doctor left the room and on the way out told Geoff he could enter. Geoff came rushing back in, took the seat the doctor was sat on and started to ask questions. After I'd told him what the doctor suggested, he looked as if I'd just told him it was over between us. It took another few minutes to convince him it was only till my stress and blood level went down. His face brightened very quickly and he came and hugged me. I couldn't help myself; I just threw my arms around him and held him tight.

"Can I still visit to make sure you're okay?" Geoff asked me.

Mum replied for me, "I'd rather you only come round at the weekend and for only a short time, till she is fully better."

With that I was left there alone. Mom and sis said they would be back after talking to the school. They would be back later on tonight.

After they were gone the doctor came back and asked, "Is it ok for the hypnotist to come in?"

"Yes," I replied.

The hypnotist came in and in under a minute I was sort of asleep.

I was awoken about an hour later. And the doctor said that he would discuss the results when my mom and sis returned later that day. When they got back and all sat as comfortable as we could, the doctor started.

"Well it seems there wasn't a switch of Julia's preferences after all."

"What do you mean doctor?" asked mom.

"Well it seems that the young girl laid here in the bed has always liked boys."

"I what?"

"That is what the hypnotist found out Julia. We taped the conversation if you would like to hear it?"

"Yes!"

The doctor started the tape he had brought with him and after an hour I sat there gob smacked. I couldn't believe the things I heard came from my mouth. It turns out it was true. I had always liked boys to girls, but didn't know consciously. It was subconsciously. That is why I didn't know. Sis and mom were happy for me, but I still sat there stunned. I mean I like Geoff and could not bear to be without him, but this, it is so new to me.

"So what does this mean doc?"

"Well Julia, it means that once your blood pressure goes down enough, which should take a week or so, then I see no reason not to let you continue seeing your friend."

I jumped up and hugged the doc. He was very surprised at that and went red very quickly then disengaged my arms from around his neck.

Mom and sis stayed for a couple of hours before they had to leave. I was very tired, so took a nap and the next thing I remember, it was morning. I rang for the nurse and told her I needed the bathroom. She held out a pan and I knew what that meant. Damn. At about nine am the doctor came in and took my pressure. He said with an astonished voice he had never seen blood pressure drop this quickly before. He scheduled more tests for later that morning. Once I had the tests I was left alone in my room again, but at least the drip was taken off so I could move around now. Great no, more going to the bathroom on my bed.

Around two pm my mom came to visit me. She said she had just spoke to the doctor and he'd said depending on the test results I might be able to go home later that night. I was glad because I wanted to get out of there. I mean I like it, but I'd spent way too much time in here over the last few months and just want to go home again.

At around six pm the doctor came to my room. Julie had arrived straight after school had finished for the day. He told me my results and said he would check around eight pm and if my pressure had gone slightly lower than earlier, he would release me.

The doctor came as he said and gave me a quick test and declared it was lower, so could go home. I was to keep the gadget with me and test it every four hours. And if it went up by the slightest bit, then I was to return straight away. As soon as I got back to the house I went straight to my bedroom and I collapsed onto the bed. It's great having a soft bed, after being in a hospital for nearly two days. Those beds are not made for comfort. As soon as I undressed, I fell asleep straight away.

I had to stay off school for another couple of days, but Julie brought my homework from school so I could still try and catch up. Geoff kept ring, but my mom kept putting him off. I was hoping he would still be interested in me after all this time we were spending apart. I was told by my sis that every morning at school these past two days he was the first person she saw. All he would do is ask how I was doing and got the same response that is I was not allowed medically to see him for a week. That didn't stop me thinking about him though, which was harboring my pressure from returning to normal.

The school had been informed as to what was happening and took Geoff to one side and told him in no uncertain words to stay away from me for a few days until the doctor cleared Julia.

At the weekend, we went back to the hospital and I was cleared as my blood pressure was back to normal, but I was told to keep the monitor with me for another week just in case. I was asked that I was to keep my meetings with my friend, meaning Geoff to a minimum just in case. When he was told he was ecstatic and asked to come around that night. I asked my mom and she said it was ok but it was only for an hour or two. Nothing more than that at the moment.

We got the results from the oestrogen test and it was confirmed I was producing full oestrogen from only half a reproductive system. How that was possible they didn't know, but I was told to go in for monthly tests to make sure that the levels were leveling out. I still had a slightly elevated oestrogen level and we had to make sure it didn't start to peak like it did last time.

I returned back to school on the Monday and was immediately surrounded by all of my friends asking if I was ok.

"I'm still getting monitored," I said indicating the blood pressure monitor I wore around my wrist. "At least you'll be able to tell us apart, unless Julie needs to have her blood pressure monitored."

"You could start a new fashion," said Pam. "It looks like a sparkly bracelet. I think I'll have to get one."

I told her the cost and she quickly changed her mind. As soon as I saw Geoff, it started to beep a couple of times like it did at the weekend, but it stopped after a minute or so.

"At least I know I still turn you on."

"Stop it Geoff, you know the rules, too much interaction and this thing will go off at full power and you know what that will mean."

"Aww, how long will you have to wear that thing?"

"At least another week or two, as long as my blood pressure stays at a respectable level, then I will be able to get rid of it."

"Are the tablets doing any good at all?"

"Yes, but they did say I may be on them for some time. You do know it's mainly because of you I'm on these things."

"You don't want to break up, do you?"

"No Geoff, I don't, but until it levels off there's nothing I can do about it at the moment. I'm stuck with this thing and the tablets. I was wondering if you still wanted anything to do with me. We haven't seen much of each other recently, unless it was at home or the hospital."

"I know, I just love you so much it hurts."

"I know you do and I feel the exact same way."

"Well at least do me one favor?"

"What's that?"

"Please accept my class ring."

"Yes Geoff, I will."

"Great, as it lets you know how much you mean to me."

"And you mean the same to me Geoff. I love you dearly. I just hope we can be together for the rest of our lives."

"So do I, my love, so do I."

With that we both went to classes. All my friends saw the ring and asked if it was Geoff's. I responded in the positive and they all congratulated me on a fine catch. They did ask if there was an engagement in the future and I told them I was uncertain. At least until I was off these damn pills, and I was cleared by the doc's.

Of course someone misheard us talking and out two and two together and came up with five. By lunch time it was all around the school that Geoff and I were engaged. How that rumor started was beyond me, just someone not hearing correctly I reckon. By the end of the day it was all around the school. Even though I was saying it was untrue, some people didn't believe me at all. Anyway school finished for the day and Geoff appeared next to me within a minute of the bell sounding. He said he and George would walk me and Julie home.

As we were leaving the school we heard a lot of people humming the wedding march as we passed them. I blushed bright red, which made people think the rumor was true. The surprise we got when we got home from mom was the worst. As soon as we got in the house, my mom asked me if there was anything I wanted, or needed to tell her. I blushed again and got an "Oh no, you're too young," until we explained what had actually happened and someone mistakenly misheard us.

Mom was glad it was a misunderstanding of what actually happened, until Geoff wandered over to talk to her in private. There was whispering going back and forth until mom nodded and said quietly to Geoff that it was preliminary as we were both still too young. You couldn't have believed the look of shock on my face when all of a sudden Geoff got on one knee in front of me and asked THE question.

I was stunned to say the least, but I accepted with the rules mom had laid down. If we were going ahead with this we would have to wait until we finished high school before we even attempted to consummate what had just happened. I got the "we've just found out you are female, so don't try and prove the fact" look off mom. We agreed to her terms and decided to inform our close friends that night so they knew. We asked them to keep quiet about it and they all agreed. The last thing we wanted was all the attention that goes with something like this.

We agreed to have a small party at our house at the weekend, so everyone who knew was invited. Even Geoff's dad was going to show up. Well the weekend came around pretty quick, as I didn't remember much of the week in general. I was way too buzzed and the rumor mill was still flying high. The night of the party arrived quickly and everyone was gathered around and wanted to see the way Geoff had proposed, he was just going to do it and George said he would show them what happened with Julie acting as me.

He wandered over to mom and spoke in the same way Geoff had spoken to her and got the same responses. We all thought they were acting it out, until when George got down on one knee and instead of saying 'Julia will you marry me' his actual words were.

"Julie, will you marry me."

Pam then proceeded to say he should have said Julia instead of saying Julie. George turned around to everyone."

"I meant what I said a minute ago." He stayed on one knee and repeated the words.

Julie was shocked to say the least, but at least she said yes, which was the main thing. With that everyone shouted that it was a double celebration. My monitor started to beep a few times until I breathed a few deep breaths and steadied myself. After it had stopped beeping we enjoyed what was left of the party. Just as it was about to end we all looked at mom talking with Geoff and George's dad talking with mom.

Julie looked at me and I looked back and I said. "Well we both have brothers for fiancé's; by the looks of mom and your dad maybe they will get it together."

They all laughed, but by the look on my sister's face she was thinking the same thing. We had our men and now it was time mom found someone that she could love. Only time will tell, but that's another story.

The End

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice tale

A fun story, Samantha, that I enjoyed reading. A little rough in spots, but OK overall. I will say this, although the story is set in the U.S., there's a lot of English terminology used, such as gob-smacked, people carrier; oh and school uniforms, which are not common here in the U.S. You might want to consider a rewrite to smooth those things and catch some spelling errors. They make the difference between a good story and a great story.

Of course my honorary sister will tell you I'm a bit retentive about these things, actually she'd use another term but she's Welsh so wadda ya expect!

Thanks for the tale!

Love & hugs!
Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

thanks for the comment karen,

thanks for the comment karen, i guess it comes from living in both the us and the uk, i tend to get the 2 languages mixed up at times and dont realise myself

thanks anyway glad you liked it

samantha

I quite understand

I've been there, so I know what you mean. Just be glad I don't throw any Norwegian into my stories!

Thanks again for a fun story. Just what I needed for a Saturday afternoon.

Hugs!
Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Nice touch

Aside from minor technical problems -- you should see my stuff before others pick it over -- a fun read.

I'm a sucker for a "Tanya Allen/Disney" ending.

Maybe you can come back to your unfinished earlier story someday.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Serious Need of Editing Here...

Samantha:

I realize that putting together a story of this length is a major effort; this is a fundamentally solid tale, and I don't want to minimize my appreciation for the work you put in. But it seems to me that further work on it would have been very much in order.

As the story progressed, the problems -- UKisms, wrong tenses, subject-object mismatches, weird priorities -- kept getting harder for me to overlook, until we got to the class ring and the marriage proposals, neither of which IMO had any plausibility for 14-year olds here in the U.S.. (Class rings aren't issued that soon, and if anyone that age got down on his knees to propose marriage at a public gathering, it'd be taken as a joke or a put-on, unless the girl was visibly pregnant.)

Also, it's my understanding that it's the second blood pressure number, not the first, that can be life-threatening if elevated, and of course Julia's second number was fine throughout.

(There also seems to be a continuity error regarding George. Julie tells Julia "if Geoff has a brother", to get them both dates, but Geoff has already said that he has a twin brother, and shortly thereafter we're told that Julie already has a crush on George, that Geoff and George are identical twins, and that they both go to Julie's school. Something there doesn't seem to add up.)

Sorry, Eric