Gaby Verse - Dave's View

Printer-friendly version

Gaby Verse - Dave's View
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

Synopsis:Is where Dave Bond gives his view on things.

I am Dave Bond; husband of Champion Cyclist Jenny Bond and father of Juliet Bond and Drew Bond; Junior Cycling Champion. I have a gift when it comes to bikes, I can adjust any bike to fit any rider.

It began with Jenny. I would make sure her bike was just right for her. Because of me, she has become famous as the Apollinaris Cycling Champion. I am so very proud of her, but I almost lost my beloved. I almost died of a broken heart. If not for my bairns, I might not have survived.

While in Germany, Jenny was diagnosed with cancer. She fought it, but the cancer was too strong. She decided to break away from us to ease our suffering. When she did that, my heart broke. Jules and Drew both cried themselves to sleep several nights while I began drinking to forget. How could she leave us like that? She is my first and only love, I would have given my life for her!! Now she has left me and our bairns for somebody else.

Even though my heart is broken, I must be there for Drew and Jules. Drew was shaken to his core. He adored his Mum and was following in her footsteps. Drew has become a cycling champ in his own right. I have been sacrificing my free time and working weird hours so I can be there when he races like I was there for Jenny.

Drew has pushed himself so very hard that I worry that he will hurt himself trying to win to show Jenny how much he loves her. But I can't fight his battles for him, he must slay his dragon and realize that Jenny loves him for being Drew, NOT as the Cycling Champ.

Jules cried herself to sleep for several nights in a row. If not for Drew, she might have done something drastic. But Drew was her anchor and kept her sane. But Jenny suffered from Jules wrath. Jules would not forgive her Mum for betraying the family.I know Jules loved her Mum, but the hurt was too great for her to bear.

Then Jenny came home and told us the truth. We rallied around her and took her back. Jenny was so weak from the cancer and Chemotherapy that I was afraid that she had come back home to die. Jenny was ready to fight the cancer now, but to combat it, she would have to have surgery to remove the tumor.

Drew and Jules went ahead to America with the other students selected as apart of a cultural exchange program. I promised both of them to bring them home if Jenny lost the battle. Luckily, Jenny survived the operation and is healing nicely.

What I am worried about are a series of dreams I had about Drew. In my dreams, Drew is Gaby, getting ready for her wedding. I love Drew, if he becomes Gaby, I will love Gaby too. I don't know if my dream is a foretelling of the future or my mind reeling from recent events. But whatever the future holds, I am prepared to accept Drew as whoever he becomes.

Drew's adventures as Gaby began when Jenny asked him to participate in a race. The main attraction was that they would be riding a tandem bike in costume. Jenny went as Xena:Warrior Princess and Drew went as Gabrielle: The Battling Bard. Much to Drew's chagrin, they won the race and had their picture in the paper and Mister Wood publicly broadcast Drew's victory at school.

Now I must admit that seeing Jenny dressed as Xena was a real turn on for me. From the way that she acted, Jenny was turned on as well. That night, we hardly slept as we snogged all night. Jenny kept the costume for a few special snoggings. Jenny's cousin has asked if she could borrow it too. I guess that Xena is going to be snogged quite a bit around here now.

I thought that was the end of Drew dressing as a girl, but Mister Wood asked him to dress as a girl for a special promotion. I must admit that Drew made quite a cute girl for the week that he was Gaby. What I find amazing is that nobody thought it strange that Drew was absent while Gaby was here. But I guess we have Maddy to thank for that. It seems that Maddy and the gang all made sure that the school never found out about the truth.

But what is really strange that Mister Wood wrote the check out to Gaby and not Drew. Drew actually went to the bank dressed as Gaby to deposit the check. If he had given it to me, I could have cashed it for him or deposited it in my account. But no, Maddy just HAD to trick him into being Gaby again.

Maddy and her parents love going to cons where they dress in costumes. Maddy got Drew to go to a few cons, but dressed as a girl. Drew went just to be with Maddy, but wants to be Drew too. She has a very bad habit about tricking Drew into being Gaby. They are very close, but Maddy seems to enjoy Gaby a bit too much. Only after Drew confessed his turmoil has Maddy relented in turning Drew into Gaby.

She is not the only one though, Jules has been guilty as well. Jules was a bit jealous of Drew's closeness to Jenny, so she forced Drew to become Gaby a few times. I am glad that she repented and now treats Drew better. He needed her during the exchange program.

Coming over here, the girls all thought that Drew was a girl, no matter what was said to them. So Drew would become Gaby at times for them. Two of the girls are Cheerleaders, they encouraged the gang to form a Cheer Squad over here. They decided to call themselves the Sherwood Foresters.

The gang even got Drew to join as Gaby. Rhod joined as Em. Rhod has been dressing as Em to fool his dad. Now he has decided to become a girl, much to Drew's chagrin. They are best friends. Drew finds it hard to accept Rhod's change. No doubt it has shaken Drew's belief in his manhood.

But Drew did support him when the student Rhod was to host became abusive towards Rhod as he dressed as Em. Drew might not have approved of Rhod's decision, but he defended his mate when Rhod needed the support. Drew made quite a cute Cheerleader and the team won a competition over here while the Americans were here. Drew gave it his all as Gaby and won the respect of the Americans. I just wish that it was as Drew, not Gaby.

When they were getting ready to leave, The girls confessed to Drew and Maddy that they KNEW that Drew was a guy, they were just pulling a joke upon Drew. Maddy and Drew were NOT amused a bit, but they forgave them. Drew was badly hurt by them, I could see it in his eye's.

He has enough of a problem being seen as a girl WITHOUT people pranking him. I so want to do something to help him, but he must deal with this on his own. He is a sweet young man that must find a strength to deal with his burden. The only thing that I did not like about the gang going to America was that the students did not tell their parents that Drew is a boy. Because of their laziness, Drew was stuck in Gaby mode for his entire trip.At least he had Jules there to help him out.

Drew made friends while in America apart from his schooling. He made a friend with Erin who accepted Drew's unique situation. She was a true friend to Drew, while he had to be Gaby while in school, with Erin, he could be himself. Drew even showed his stuff as a cyclist to Erin and her club. His ability to read the other cyclists helped him to win their impromptu races. To say that they were amazed that a small boy like Drew could out race them gave our American cyclists something to think about.

Erin and her team showed their deep appreciation and friendship for Drew when they presented him with a special bike for his use while in America. Jenny and I were going to reject the gift, but we couldn't deny Drew such a gift. Now Erin has that bike as an attraction in her shop. She is the only American that can truly say that she has a bike that was ridden by Drew Bond.

Something that I never thought about happening was Drew attracting the attention of one of his classmates when he dressed as Gaby. Clive fell in love with Gaby the moment that he saw her. Gaby never did a thing to encourage the boy. Drew never wanted any sort of romance as Gaby and he finally broke up with the clueless Clive publicly. Poor Clive later was caught drunk and had to pay the price for his crush.

Drew has also befriended two different girls and helped them out. Drew is such a selfless young man that automatically helps others without them having to ask. I am so proud of Drew for his charity too others. His selfless gifts has inspired others.

Anniefred is a girl that lost the use of her legs after she was thrown from her horse. When she told Drew that she missed riding a bike, Drew decided to surprise her by outfitting the tandem bike so she could ride with him. He did a pretty good job of it to. But when his efforts failed, her dad came to the rescue and rebuilt the bike. When I found out about it, I gave him permission and Jenny did too when she heard. How could we deny him a chance to help someone out?

Well, Fred was well and truly chuffed when she saw Drew and the bike. It took a bit to get her on the bike, but Drew proved to be more than capable of handling the bike and Fred. The look on her face was priceless and I know that Drew endeared himself to Fred and her Dad.

The other girl that Drew helped out is Catrina. She was visiting her Gran here when she met Drew and Maddy. She has an old clunker of a bike. Drew gave her a set of tyres that we had in storage, after he permission of course. When she showed up to pick up he gift, she met Jules. Jules was home alone at the time because Drew and I were off at another race and Jenny was on tour. Jules invited Cat to a party at Carol's place to celebrate Drew's victory. While at the party, Carol told Cat that she was welcome to visit anytime.

But Drew got furious with Cat too. For some reason he blamed her for his best mate Rhod wanting to become Mfawney. Rhod's dad divorced his Mum Sylvie and Rhod, she told him that Rhod was a girl. He showed up recently and wanted too see his child. They decided that if he thought that Rhod was a girl, that he wouldn't seek custody. Well, it worked a bit TOO well. Rhod wants to BE Mfwaney.

After Drew got through roasting Cat in his furor over Rhod, I had a good, long talk with him and roasted him for roasting Cat. I hated having to do that, but Drew was out of line in attacking that girl. Seeing Drew's tears as he saw the pain and hurt that he had inflicted told me that he understood what he had done to Cat. Then he sent Cat a very nice gift as a way of apologizing to her.

Another girl that Drew has befriended is a new girl named Helen. Maddy is a bit jealous because now she has competition for Drew's affection. Helen is the polar opposite of Maddy. Whereas Maddy delights in tricking Drew into being Gaby, Helen wants Drew, NOT Gaby! Maddy is outgoing and ready for action while Helen is quiet and reserved.

Helen proved just how much she likes Drew too. She is a Girl Guide and they were having a recruitment drive. Helen invited Drew to the party so that she could dance with the only boy there. Maddy has yet to do that for Drew, maybe she will learn from Helen.

After their return, we moved to Germany to be with Jenny. I was hired to be the Bike Mechanic. It seems that I have a magic touch when it comes to bikes. Every member of the team sings my praises in tuning the bike until it is just right. I am glad that my efforts are so appreciated, but I still worry about Drew.

Here in Germany, they all think he is a girl. He even won a local beauty contest as Gaby! Can't they tell Drew is a boy? Even when dressed as Drew, they see Gaby as a tomboy! What is truly shocking is that Drew won a local contest as a girl! There was a local festival to celebrate the Wine Queen and Drew was entered as a contestant.

We did our best to tell them he is a boy, but those Germans see Drew as a tomboy anyway. When Drew won the contest, he had to dress as Gaby again, THIS time in a traditional German frock.

Something that concerns me is that Drew asked permission to go to work as a waitress. The uniform is a blouse and trousers, so Drew can actually be himself while working. He is used to people seeing him as a girl, but I worry that he is becoming a bit TOO comfortable as Gaby. Jenny and I gave him permission to work as long as it did not interfere with his schooling or cycling.

Recently, Drew was asked to participate in a special project at school. He was selected along with two other students to wear a pregnancy pouch for a week and report on the week of being pregnant. Well, Drew went all out and went to school dressed as a pregnant girl while the others just wore the pack OVER their regular clothing. Drew got top marks for his actually looking pregnant while the others got lower marks.

I love my son Drew and want only the best for him. The poor boy's body is not producing enough testosterone for him to go through male puberty. It seems as if he is going through a female puberty instead. He has started to wear knickers and a sports bra under his school uniform. Now the knickers are plain white cotton as well as the sports bra. The bra is to help him keep his buddings from hurting and he wears a camisole as well to hide the bra. He wears the knickers because regular y fronts are uncomfortable for him to wear. Poor Drew's hips are those of a girl and knickers just fit better on him. I must admit that seeing him in Gaby mode at night is disconcerting seeing a young man that looks like a young woman.

I know that Drew has a tough decision to make in the future. Which will he choose, I don't know. But whether he stays as Drew or becomes our daughter Gaby, I will totally support him and defend him against those who would attack. Drew has a very good friend in his Aunt Carol, but she has hurt Drew worse than anybody that I know and NOW both are hurting. Carol needed to get Maddy some stuff for her birthday and since Drew and Maddy are the same size, Drew dressed as Gaby to help out.

Drew went with the understanding that they would leave when it got ti be TOO much for him. Carol ignored his many requests until he threatened to leave and return home by himself. They left, but the damage was done. Carol's ignoring Drew broke Drew's heart and forced Carol to come to grips with her secret burden.

Carol had twins, but Maddy's twin died at birth. Carol and Bob have never told Maddy about her twin sister. But I had to tell Drew so that he could understand what drove Carol to do what she did. Drew agreed to keep her secret and NOT tell Maddy. Drew is still so very hurt because Carol was one of the very few that had not tricked him into becoming Gaby for them. Now he sees her in a totally different light and must decide how to treat and deal with Carol.

Jules has become our Wild child! It began with her going out with her friends and forming a rock band. Then she went and pierced her tongue, when Jenny and I found out, We grounded her for LIFE!

Well, we did relent after awhile, but then she went and dyed her hair black and started wearing black all the time. It has taken us awhile to accept this new Jules, but we love her still. Good thing she doesn't want to be Xena!

* * *


To Be Continued...

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hunh? Who are all the

Hunh? Who are all the characters, like Rhod and Cat, who suddenly appear and disappear? Why are they even there? This thing needs a roadmap.

All the Characters

Puddintane's picture

...are part of the justly famous Gaby-verse. Like all fan fiction, it's addressed to and assumes at least a basic knowledge of the characters and assumptions of the Universe.

If this were, for example, a fan-fiction for the Star Trek universe, the author would not have to tediously introduce James Kirk, or Spock, or Scotty. All these characters already exist, and everyone who would likely be interested in Star Trek fan-fiction would know their story-lines by heart.

So the roadmap is already there, established over the course of many years, and please don't confuse total unfamiliarity with the genre with the ability to discern its supposed absence.

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style