The Succubus Files-0: Sin and Steel

Printer-friendly version
The Succubus Files-0: Sin and Steel
by Lynceus

Steven had it all; he was handsome, athletic, was dating the prettiest girl in school, and had a college scholarship. All he had to do was graduate.

Alyssa felt like nothing could go wrong; she was an intelligent and beautiful girl, all set to graduate before she turned 17. And she was dating the Captain of the Varsity football team!

And then the accident happened, and their lives were forever shattered...

A story of the Comics Retcon Universe!

http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/book/20577/comics-retcon-universe

Author's Note: Most of the events in this story happen before Big Trouble!-2.

Steve was normally a responsible driver, so they could never be sure how the accident had happened. One drink too many? Or had it been a setup from the very beginning? Alyssa had only been partly awake; her last memories were of oncoming headlights, tires screeching to a halt, and blackness...

She drifted in unconsciousness for a long time, and woke slowly. Her head was pounding and her eyes blinded by a bright light overhead. She was laying down on what felt like a hospital bed. Her body felt wrong...heavy. Her arms and legs wouldn't move! Oh God, had she been paralyzed?

“Test subject #18 is awake. The female's biochemistry has altered to the point that sedatives no longer function.” The voice was crisp, and female.

I struggled to talk, my tongue feeling heavy in my mouth. “Hellp...mee.”

“How fascinating, the subject is attempting to communicate. Despite the massive changes she has undergone, it would seem her brain still functions!” A tall, elegant-looking woman in a labcoat hovered over me. She had chalk-white skin and raven-black hair with dark eyes. There was a strange red mark on her forehead, diamond-shaped. I could make out the name tag on her coat. Dr. C. Renko.

“Who are you?” My voice sounded lower-pitched for some reason.

“I'm afraid that, my dear, is privileged information. As is 'where am I', which will likely be your next question. You were gravely injured in an auto accident, I'm afraid. Our efforts have repaired your body, after a fashion, but you are going to remain our guest for a very long time.”

Ugh. She sounded so smug and superior. Just like my mother, who was always trying to run my life! Well I'd stood up to her, I could stand up to this snotty bitch! Rage seemed to lighten my limbs, and I sat up, grabbing the scientist by the neck. Her eyes bulged, and she struggled to breathe.

And that's when I noticed two things. One, I was naked. And two, my skin was shiny and metallic. “What did you do to me?!” I screamed.
-

I woke slowly. What...where? The last thing I remembered was trying to avoid that oncoming car, but I guess I shouldn't have had that last shot; I couldn't react fast enough! I was floating in some kind of liquid, it was thicker than water, but still transparent. There was a breathing mask attached to my face.

I was in some kind of glass tube, and I could see a room beyond it, filled with medical equipment and computers. Where the hell was I? Looking up, I could see various tubes and wires dangling down, and a label that said CAUTION: EMERGENCY RELEASE.

Right, I was busting out of here! I reached forward, and got the shock of my life. That wasn't my arm! The skin was a deep crimson color, hairless, with no trace of the muscles I'd spent so long building! In fact, it looked...slender...girlish. My hand seemed smaller as well, more delicate, with short, but definitely feminine nails!

Ok, don't panic! Don't panic! I was obviously hallucinating or something, there's no way I could have turned into a girl! I couldn't look down very well, but I put my hands on my chest. I clearly felt a pair of small breasts, complete with very sensitive nipples. I felt my eyes tearing up. No, this can't be!

My abdoment tapered down to a slender waist, and then wider hips. Thankfully, the various tubes and wires couldn't reach down any further, but things definitely didn't feel right between my legs. I began to become aware of something behind me. Reaching back, I encountered something leathery and smooth..and to my horror, I could feel it! It was attached to me!

I lost it, I started thrashing around like an animal. This moved me closer to the side of the tube, and punched at it. It hurt like hell, but the glass cracked, despite the fact that I didn't have much leverage. So I tried again. And again. And finally, the glass shattered.

Liquid began spilling out of the tube, and I pulled the mask off my face, gasping for breath. I made short work of the tubes and wires; it hurt a bit, but I beyond caring. A savage kick made an opening large enough for me to escape the tube, which wasn't glass at all, I realized, but some kind of plastic.

Stepping out, I felt a heavy weight on my back. Like I was wearing a backpack or something. I couldn't quite get a good look at what was back there, and I'll be honest, I was a little afraid to find out what it was.

The room was fairly large, and definitely air-conditioned; the cool air on my body made me shiver. I distantly heard alarms. Making my way to the door, I noticed that my body felt a lot lighter. I was forced to walk differently as well, my center of gravity was changed, and for some reason, it was easier to walk on the balls of my feet, allowing me to make swift, mincing steps.

The door was pretty big, and the door knob was higher on it than it should be. It was locked and wouldn't open. In frustration, I tried to force it, and to my surprise, it broke off in my hand! “What the fuck?!”

No. That soft, feminine voice couldn't be mine? “I don't sound like...” Oh God, it was my voice! It took all of my willpower to not just curl up into a ball and shut down. I had to get out of here!

Even more importantly, I had to find Alyssa!

-

Armed guards entered the room as I slid off the bed, still keeping a firm grip on the scientist. To my surprise, I was a lot taller than she was...actually, I was taller than the men, too! All my life, I'd been fairly petite, so I was used to people towering over me.

Hell, even my little sister Shannon had a good three inches on me! But now, I felt like a giant, head and shoulders over the tallest man in the room. My cheerleading days were definitely over.

“Put Dr. Renko down, or we'll fire!”

I let her go, and she slumped to the floor. “Okay, now what?” I still couldn't get over my voice!

The men looked at each other, as if unsure. So I took the initiative, and charged them. My fist sent the first one flying, and I followed through with a side kick to another man. Suddenly all those martial arts classes didn't seem so silly after all!

They opened fire on me, but to my shock (and theirs!), the bullets ricocheted off my skin. You might find this funny, but the bullets...tickled! I made short work of the rest of them. I could hear alarms going off in the distance. The door was locked, but I threw my shoulder into it, and it damn near came off it's hinges!

“Holy shit, I'm strong!” It was a weird feeling, becoming suddenly powerful. I laughed, although there was a manic edge to my laughter; I felt giddy, and I realized I was losing my mind. I smacked myself in the forehead; the sharp pain let me focus.

To my surprise, a lock of blonde hair fell across my face. I was made of metal, but I still had hair? Go figure. I started to run, looking for a way out.

-

I found a door labeled EMERGENCY EXIT, but I couldn't leave yet, I had to find Alyssa! I heard the sound of something heavy coming my way, and I took a defensive stance. The...whatever it was on my back seemed to shift as well.

A giant rounded the corner. He...no she..definitely she...had shiny metal skin, like a robot or something, but oddly enough, also had long blonde hair. Her eyes seemed to glow with soft light, and her features were definitely familiar.

-

I rounded the corner and came to a sudden halt. There, in front of me, was a young girl who looked just short of 13. She was naked, with small breasts. She also had red skin, yellow, cat-like eyes, small bat-like wings, and tiny horns poked through her short black hair. Her eyeteeth were prominent, but despite all of that, she looked, well...really cute. And then she spoke, her voice soft and young-sounding. “Oh...my God...Cess?”

I blinked. “Uh...who are you, and how do you know my name?”

The girl shook her head. “It's not important, come on, I found a way out!” She turned and started moving quickly back the way she'd come. What could I do?

I followed her. She opened a door labeled EMERGENCY EXIT (actually, the doorknob didn't turn, so she broke it off. I wasn't the only strong person around here!). She practically floated up the steps, running on the balls of her feet, her wings stretching out to help her balance.

Me? I ran like a damn linebacker, the concrete steps cracking under my weight. A metal canister came bouncing down the steps, gas spilling out of it. Almost at once, the demon-girl fell to her knees, choking and gasping. I breathed it in. It smelled really awful, and I got an acrid taste in my mouth, but that was all. Cradling the tiny girl in my arms, I rushed up the steps.

The men waiting for me weren't expecting an assault; they were wearing heavy goggles to block out the gas. Me? My eyes weren't even tearing up. I continued to hold the girl protectively; I might be bulletproof, but I doubted she was!

I heard explosions somewhere not far away, and mechanical, if feminine voice spoke: Warning, security has been breached. Lockdown has been initiated. All personnel must evacuate the facility.

The voice kept repeating that. A firedoor slammed shut in front of me, but after a good kick, I was able to grip the edge, and, with one arm, force it open enough to slip through. The men behind me weren't so lucky.

The rest of my escape was a blur; I found a ladder and told the girl to hang onto my back. We climbed up and, after a few punches, I was able to remove the cover. We emerged in a clearing, surrounded by trees, but I could make out the lights of the city in the distance. “Can you walk?”

The girl looked terrible. She was crying freely, and unlike me, was shivering in the cool night air. But she got a stubborn look on her face, one that seemed oddly familiar for some reason. “Yeah, I can walk.”

“Ok, come on honey, I'll get us out of here.”

-

We blundered out of the woods along a stretch of roadway, not far from a bridge. Keeping the girl just behind me, we walked along the side of the road. I felt like a giant next to the girl; she looked to be well below average height, but even then, I had like, two feet on her!

We made quite the pair, a shiny metal woman, and her demon-girl sidekick. It didn't help that we were both naked, either. Finally, headlights came up behind us, and an SUV rumbled to a stop. The door opened, and a man with a gun stepped out. “Alright, both of you just stop right there.”

The girl hissed. “Screw you!” To my amazement, a glowing ball of flame formed in her hand, and she hurled it at the truck. The man jumped to the side, screaming as his clothing caught on fire.

I didn't hesitate, I picked up the girl (she made a squeal of protest, but there was no time) and dove back into the forest. I walked for a long time; I didn't even feel tired, but before long, the girl was sleeping fitfully in my arms. As the sun came up, we exited into a clearing. A campsite had been set up, complete with a tent, but there was no sign of anyone, and the fire was cold.

There was a sleeping bag inside the tent, I unzipped the side and wrapped the girl in it as best I could with her damn wings getting in the way. Then I busied myself with trying to light the fire. I'd done this in Girl Scouts, but you try lighting a fire with a couple of sticks, it's not easy!

Eventually, my persistence paid off, and the fire began to smoke. I sat down, mentally exhausted, if not physically. Could this huge metal body be mine? I used to be graceful, petite. Now? I was some kind of freak!

I hugged my shoulders and began to weep. I wondered if my body could rust? Did I need to eat now? What was I going to do?

A hand touched my arm, and I turned to look at the girl. “Cess...please don't cry.”

“I'm a monster, and you're telling me not to cry? Look at me!”

She gave me this incredulous look, tilting her head to one side in a familiar manner. “You're joking, right?”

“I...I'm sorry. I just...”

“Shh, I know. I know. But you're not a monster. Maybe we're not human, but you're still beautiful to me.”

I gasped. “...no...it's not possible...”

She sighed. “I wish it wasn't. It's me, Cess. Steve.”

Steve had been tall, broad-shouldered, with yummy muscles. I remembered loving to run my finger along his abdomen. This...this little girl...she...

“You're lying!”

“Last September, we drove up to my Dad's cabin on the lake. It was cold that night, and I couldn't get the heater working, or the flue for the fireplace open, so we took our clothes off and shared a sleeping bag, with the bearskin rug over us. You told me you'd never been naked with a man before, and you were afraid.”

I sucked in a breath. “...I could feel you get hard, I reached down and touched you...and you told me how much you wanted me...but you were willing to wait...for me. And that's when I asked you...to make love to me.”

She looked away. “You weren't my first, but somehow...it was like the girls before you were just practice. You were the real deal, the one person I wanted to please the most.”

“Oh God, it is you! But Steve...how? You look like a kid!”

“I don't know...it's like something out of a comic book! They experimented on us, changed us. I don't know why!” She shook her head. “We can never go home. I know how your mother is, and my Dad...he's so racist I think he'd shoot a man for having a good tan!”

I giggled despite myself. That sounded like his Dad alright! I had...or, well, had, an olive complexion, and I remember more than once Pete glaring at me. I gently put my arms around Steve's tiny body, and he...she..relaxed. We stayed like that for a long time.

-

It felt weird having Cess hold me like this. Weird but good. I knew I was never going to be a man again. That bothered me. A lot. But there are things you can't change in this world. And when life kicks you down, you have to get back up. Or die.

And despite what my old man told me, I wasn't a quitter. I remember him screaming at me because I was going to college for an education. Sure, I'd play ball for them, but I wasn't going to go pro. I wanted a real life. A real future. For me and Cess...

A choked sob escaped my mouth.

“Steve? What's wrong?” Alyssa's voice was lower-pitched, which took some getting used to, but actually, it made her sound sexy as hell.

“I..when we graduated, I was going to...” I started to shake.

“Steve? What? What were you going to do?”

I looked at her. I was crying and I didn't care. “I bought a ring. For you. I...I was going to wait until we got our diplomas and stuff, but I wanted you to be...”

“Oh Steve.” She started crying now. “You were going to propose?”

“Yeah. I...I wanted to start a family with you one day. Kids too. I know how you love...kids...” My throat felt like it was constricting. “But now? I'm not even a man anymore! I can't even make love to you! I'm..I'm worthless to you!”

Her hand grabbed my chin, and she made me face her. She leaned in and kissed me. Her smooth lips pressed roughly against my own. Our tongues met; she tasted faintly metallic, even her tongue was smooth and hard. And yet, it was warm, and the physical contact sent little lightning bolts up and down my spine. When she finally pulled away, I was breathless.

“Steve...if you can still find me beautiful, if you can still love me..then I still want to be with you. No matter how much things have changed, you believed in me. You helped me stand up to my mother. You made me feel like a woman, and I never doubted you loved me. Just as much as I love you.”

“..but...”

She put her finger on my lips. “No buts. We have to stick together, right?”

“Yeah. We don't have much choice, do we?”

“Um, Steve?”

“Yeah Cess?”

“Do you have to keep moving your wings like that?”

I blinked at her. “Wings?!”

She let me go. “Yes, your wings, don't tell me you don't know about them?”

The mysterious weight on my back...oh boy.. “Uh..well I can't see back there very well...”

She put her hands on...the something on my back and moved it. It felt a little uncomfortable, but not painful. And then, sure enough, something black and leathery came into view. It looked...kind of like a bat's wing, but it was a deep red color. A few shades darker than my skin.

“Oh. Those wings.”

Cess let it go, and giggled. “Come on! How could you not notice that?”

Now that she'd brought my attention to them, I could not only feel them, but with effort, I could flex them as well! I found I could extend them, fold them up, or even wrap them around my arms. “What does it look like to you? Four-foot wingspan maybe?”

“About that, Steve. Not nearly big enough to fly though.”

I flapped them experimentally. “That's so strange. It's like having extra arms or something!”

“What about the fire thing?”

“Uh...I don't know how I did that. I just got so mad, people kept shooting at you, I didn't want anyone to hurt you.”

She reached out and gently ruffled my hair. It felt nice, although...kind of weird too. “You goof. Guns can't hurt me. The bullets just bounce off. And...it tickles!”

“Bullets tickle you? Huh, do you have trouble feeling stuff?”

“I don't think so.”

“One way to find out!” I reached up and ran my thumb along her nipple. Despite her height, her breasts really weren't huge, although, heh, a lot bigger than mine.

She sucked in a breath. “Oh...that feels nice, baby.”

Her nipple was hard, but not, you know, as hard as it should be, being metal and all. Maybe it was only the top layers of her skin that had become metal, and underneath, she was still a flesh-and-blood girl? But that just raised more questions.

And then it occurred to me. “Holy shit. Do you think we're, you know, metahumans?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I think we are, baby. They must have found a way to force us to change.”

I frowned. “So this would have happened anyways?”

“I don't know. I don't think so. Heck, if anything, you should be the big metal guy, and I should be the sexy demon.”

I grinned. “I don't know, that would be almost as bad.”

She blinked. “How do you figure?”

“Hon, seriously. What would you do if someone showed you a giant metal cock?”

She laughed then. “Oh hell no! No way!”

I laughed with her, and things were good.

-

Of course, I won't say we didn't have our rough patches either. We'd managed to steal some semblance of clothing, and eventually, found an abandoned house to hole up in. Having to steal food sucked too; if only we still looked human! Luckily, Cess didn't seem to need to eat anymore, but my new body had a really high metabolism. So I ate enough for both of us, and then some!

One night, however, she got really upset. She was trying to put on a shirt I found for her, and it ripped apart. She stood there, crying her eyes out, wearing nothing but a pair of basketball shoes and oversized boxers with red hearts on them.

Honestly, I think my situation is worse than hers, although it's still bad. Maybe that's why I found the sight so humorous. I shouldn't have, but I laughed. I regretted it at once when her eyes started glowing brighter, and she came at me!

“How dare you laugh at me! How dare you!” I sidestepped her punch, and when it went through the wall, I knew I'd better run like hell! Cess had taken a lot of martial arts, and given her size, I had no doubt she could take me in a fair fight. Hell, she might kill me before she calmed down!

Running outside in a halter top and a microskirt wasn't the best idea I'd had in awhile (and before you ask, no, I can't quite bring myself to wear panties yet. Too much mental programming, I guess), but I needed room to manuever. One advantage of my body, I'm really fucking nimble! If you put me on the field now, nobody would ever catch me. I knew I just needed to wear her out; Cess doesn't tire easily, but after awhile, she will stop moving as fast. I had my back to a parked car when she rushed me. I jumped back, unfurling my wings. I'd intended to just hop on top of the car, but to my surprise, I never landed. I was just floating there, in the air!

“Bitchin'!” I could fly! That almost made up for becoming a girl!

“Oh sure, you can fly now too! I hate you! I hate you!” Alyssa got even madder, if you can believe it. She tried to jump onto the car, but her weight caved in the hood. I flew up, creating a fireball and tossed it at her. Hey, don't be like that, trust me, it can't really hurt her. I don't know what can hurt her, actually.

Keeping well out of reach, I couldn't help but taunt her some. “What's the matter? Putting on a little extra weight?”

“Ooh! I'm going to kill you for that!” She then ran for a parked truck. Oh no, she wasn't serious..

She was! She grabbed the frame of the truck, and I could hear the sound of metal twisting as she lifted it. My girlfriend lifted a truck! I was feeling kind of proud of her at that moment. Of course, then I realized she was going to throw it at me!

It never happened. A stunning redhead ran up and punted Cess (and the truck) a good twenty feet. Now, about this redhead. She's tall. I mean really, amazingly tall. Like, over twenty feet tall! I vaguely remembered hearing about a giant woman who'd saved some people at a mall. Could this be her?

But rather than be impressed, I was pissed. She'd hit my girl! “You big bitch, leave her alone!” I tossed a ball of flame her way.

She dodged it, to my surprise. Cess still retained some of her former grace and agility, but she wouldn't have dodged it. This girl may be jumbo-sized, but she was quick!

“Me leave her alone?! You were trying to fry her!”

Ok, that was a valid point, but... “Shut up, it's none of your business!” I was really quick in the air, I found out, despite my tiny-ass wings. I zipped past her, and tossed a fireball at her face!

She managed to dodge that one too. How can someone so big move so fast? And then, she started to grow bigger. And bigger. She rivaled a six or seven-story building! “Dayum, how big can you get?”

I flew up higher, I had to stay out of this girl's reach! Heh, she couldn't get me now! I decided to taunt her a bit. I wiggled my behind at her and slapped my ass. Yeah, I didn't have much of my masculine pride left. Would you?

But then, I swear, she jumped. The vertical distance was unreal! She smacked the hell out of me, and I hit the side of a building. It didn't hurt too much, but I was stunned. I started to fall, but then she caught me in her hands. I just lay there, trying to catch my breath.

“I'll kill you!” Alyssa's voice! She was ok!

“Enough! I don't know what you two are fighting about, but it's over!”

“Fuck you, I'll tell you when it's over!” Wow, Cess was still mad!

I could feel the giant's weight shift, and then: “Hey, you ok down there?”

“Get the hell off of me, you giant slut!” Standing up, I looked down. She'd stepped on Cess! Oh fuck that! I grabbed her thumb and bit her. My teeth are pretty sharp, I've found. Blood welled into my mouth, and I shuddered with pleasure. Oh shit, that tasted so good!

Then I felt Giant Girl's fist close. “Let go, or I'll crush you like a pop can!”

Urk. I stopped biting her.

“Ok, boys in blue, you can come out now, it's over!”

-

That's about when Jade, the Green Lantern showed up. She used her powers to put glowing green cuffs on me and Cess, and we were marched off to a waiting paddy wagon. Once inside, I looked over at her. “I'm so sorry Cess. I was a dumb jerk.”

She looked at me and sighed. “So was I. I was really trying to hurt you!”

I sighed. “This isn't easy for either of us. Look, if you can forgive me...”

She smiled a little. “Always.”

I leaned back. “We're totally screwed now, tho'.”

“Yep. Maybe they'll put us in the same cell, at least?”

I laughed. “Oh yeah, and what happens the next time we fight?”

She smiled. “Fight? We still have to have some make-up sex!”

I goggled at her. “Uh...er...” We'd made out a little, but the idea of sex, as a girl...it was still a bit scary. But there was a pressure between my legs, and I realized, I totally wanted her.

Too bad we'd be waiting awhile.

-

I was surprised when, rather than a cop, Jade herself came in to interrogate us. She listened to our story, and she looked pretty pissed. “What happened to you, is inexcusable. I'm sorry for that, I...I should have done something...”

“Uh..come on, you're just one person, you can't be everywhere!”

She sighed. “No, no I can't. Ok you two, I can fix the damage you've done, and maybe get the charges lightened. But from here on out, your cute behinds belong to me. Which means no more fighting in the streets, you got it?”

I looked at Cess, and she looked at me. “Yes Ma'am”, we replied in unison.

“Good. I'll try and find you a place to stay...and I think I can fix your wardrobe problems.”

-

I'll get into the details of our arrangement with Jade later. Suffice it to say, she wanted us to become heroes, to try and use our powers to help her protect the Earth. It was a far cry from my original plans for the future, but beggars can't be choosers.

She also promised to help us figure out how our powers worked...and find the people responsible for doing this to us. We drew the line at contacting our families though. Better they think us dead, than the truth.

Jade seemed to understand, and she promised to help us acquire new identities. Was there anything this woman couldn't do?

Two days later, and we were released, thanks to some strings pulled by Jade's government contact, a guy named Faraday. We were brought to a safehouse, just temporarily. I guess they were thinking about making a headquarters or something for Jade's new hero-group.

Later, when we were finally home, we had that make-up sex. And it was amazing.

To be continued...?

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sin and Steel

Wil be fun to see these two's pics.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Two original characters?

Amy_Daemon's picture

This was fun to read and I like the two new characters, even if they weren't retconned from some comic or other. (And who knows, there could be some comic out there somewhere with characters like them.)

A stranger is just a friend that you haven't met yet.

Not one.

Not one, but TWO brand new characters in this Universe! I like them both, but the implications are kind of dire given how they came to be. It seems, with the information you've given so far, that not only is someone out there able to activate the metagene, but can direct how it changes people.

Hope to see more of these two in the future, and especially find out what exactly happened to make them as they are now.

Maggie

About Steve and Alyssa

I do plan on telling more of their story, although they will remain side characters, mentioned, but likely not participating in any major storylines. That may seem to be a bit harsh, but the purpose of the Retcon Universe is to showcase our visions of actual comic book characters.

My next Retcon character, in particular, was created in protest about how she has been treated by the company that owns her...quite badly, IMO.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

Nice story!

Excellent story, Lynceus!

I'm with Amy and Maggie on this, as it's great to see you create two original characters, because this metagene could trigger anybody with any sort of transformation.

I do agree with you about having these two as secondary characters. But with so many heroes joining Jade's team, they're going to need a team moniker real soon, not to mention code names for the android and succubus (Sin and Steel sound just about right, too!).

Listen to TransTalk every Monday from 4-5pm ET at http://falconradio.org or on iTunes (WFAL on the College/University channel)!