Rae Summers: A New Beginning Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Rae Summers: A New Beginning Chapter 10

By: Desiree Jones

Character's Rae, Lana and Valen Built from several source Books, GURPS by Steve Jackson, Robotech RPG Book Four: Southern Cross from Palladium Games and Champions by Hero Games. This is a work of fantasy.
Special thanks to stanman63 -Editor in Chief, Maid Joy, Faraway, cyclist, and Erin for their suggestions. Love you all so much your help has made this so much easier

I walk into the Break room, Ensign Jill is there, as well as Lana, Sara, Megan, Maggie, and Jan, “Well Ladies, I am very happy to see Jill here with us.”

I go over to Jill, and offer a hug, who jumps into a bone crushing hug. Well if my body was not so over engineered, it might have been bone crushing.

Rae thank you for your love, you could have just left me alone in the dark place I was. But you came last night and led me to the Light. The really strange thing was walking to the mess decks with Jan, one moment, next I am in khaki stepping into the wardroom.”

I kiss her on the forehead, very easy for me as Jill is just five feet tall then I escape from Jill's ardent embrace, “Now, we need to find out how the others feel, and try to find out how many know of the change. Then help them deal with any problems. We have three questionnaires for them to fill out about this Sea Trail platform test for female sailors. Since one is a psychological profile, I felt that Jan would be Best to run it. Jill and I will fill out our personal forms in the wardroom were the XO will make sure we do not compare answers.”

I want Lana and Sara to help me Rae. Then Flo and one of the other enlisted females can watch over the three of us as we fill out the
forms.”

Sounds good Jan, Although, I still do not know why they felt proctors were
needed for this, but we follow the rules set forth for the Sea Trial.”

Jan smiles, “Thanks Rae.”

I turn to Lana, “When did you make the changes for Jill?”

Lana shakes her head in the negative, “Was not I love, you have to take responsibility for that.”

Jill giggles, “Rae it was you that led me from the darkness into the light. You are the catalyst.”

I was sure I was doing a goldfish imitation. Lana came over sliding her
arms around me, “The Goddess did give you the power to heal, so that is what you have done Beloved.”

The Door opens and we slip apart. Three of the women from the Detachment
come in with Flo, at age 40 she was the oldest of us, a Boatswains Mate(BM) sees us move like the guilty girls we are, “Hey, no more of that! You know I hate breaking up young lovers.”

Before the change she had defended a pair of Gay sailors that were surrounded by ten angry men. Flo is now the Detachment Advocate, if any of the women have a grievance against each other or any officer they take them to her. As far as this three week test was concerned there were no grievances filed, I figure not bad for eighteen out of twenty-two days.

The three others that came in with her Look around, Jo looks disappointed, “We missed the floor show again.”

Fran just laughed, “Oh you know they'll be at it again in 10 minutes.”

Trish quips, “Wonder if they will take their clothes off if we tip them fifty dollars each.”

Ally and Hanna(another set of twins, file in moments later, to the sounds of the others giggling at Lana and I blushing, “We missed the floor show again. You have got to stop making me late sis.” which keeps us giggling for a bit more.

I move to the front of the Room, “Ladies thank you all for being prompt, and you don't have too pay us to take our clothes off, but you do have to figure out how to see through a closed door.”

A mass reply, through giggles, “Like we have nothing better to do. Well we could have been sleeping.”

I laughed, “Yes, sleep would be nice,” A lot of knowing looks, and a few oh's filled the room, “sorry to get you up
early, on the last Saturday before we return to port. But we have three questionnaires to fill out. All I ask is that you answer them truthfully. Jan, Sara, and Lana will be the proctors for the Enlisted. Jill. and I, will head up to the Wardroom. Any questions before I turn this over to Jan?”

Flo asks, “Will we be kept together once we are assigned to a ship
full-time?”

That's a good question. Regrettably, I do not know the answer to that at the
moment. I will find out, and let you know as soon as I can.”

Fran raises her hand, I nod to her, “When do Jan, Sara, and Lana do these survey's, and who will be their proctors?”

Proctors for Jan, Lana, and Sara, will be Flo and one other volunteer. They
have to complete the surveys today at their earliest convenience.”

Fran volunteered, “I'll be the other proctor.”

Well that's settled. I expect the five of you, to work out a time, once the first group is finished. Jan You have the Conn.”

Everyone giggles at my Star Trek inference, as Jill and I leave the room.

Over the 1MC, “Personnel with the last names A to J Report to the Mess Decks for platform test evaluation, female personnel report to the First Class Lounge.”

The XO was coming down the Ladder as we reach it, “Rae, Jill wait in your Stateroom 'til I come get you.”

Before we could ask why she as gone on to the Mess Decks.

Jill asks, “Wonder whats going on?, That seemed rather strange.”

Well I am sure we will find out soon. Lets see if we can finish up the plans for the steel beach picnic(Held on the Flight deck, Barbecued Hamburgers, Hot dogs, music, and one hundred cases if soda we had already purchased) tomorrow.”

We finish the plans and were looking through our Swimsuit options when the XO comes in, “What! Are you going to jump ship and swim to shore.” Causing us to giggle.

Ladies only full coverage Suits tomorrow, anything else would be inappropriate.”

I held up my Brazilian thong, “I was so looking forward to wearing this though.” I Laugh before I could finish saying the words.

XO laughs,”Well, we are done with the survey's least you both are.”

Jill and I ask, “What do you mean?”

Well when I opened your packet’s to make sure they were all there, I
found they were completed. Just need you to look over them and check the signatures.”

It did not take long we were done, then I handed the XO the packet's, and the disk with the finalized picnic plans, “Officers will be on grill duty from O nine thirty, 'til twelve hundred. Chiefs have grill duty from twelve hundred 'til fourteen thirty(2:30p), with the First class' on grill duty from fourteen thirty till seventeen hundred with the MS's filling in from seventeen 'til eighteen thirty. We have 30 volunteers for trash detail and cleanup, there are six teams that will change out the trash cans every half hour...”


Lieutenant , I get the idea, I take it that you have all that info on the disk.”

I blush, “Um, Yes Ma'am”

Good than take a nap and relax for awhile the ship will not sink if your out for a bit.”

-Do I really look that tired?- I wonder as I sit on the bed....

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rae Summers: A New Beginning Chapter 10

Is it just this ship being affected, or is it more widespread?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

uniform on duty

having been deployed on a ship with 120 female and 600 males our CO never relaxed the dress code even for steel beach picnic's, but the ship we relieved in the IO, both enlisted and officers wore khaki or dungaree shorts and white tee shirts with insignia on their ball caps. good story so far, keep it up

Guess it was differnt

with just the Female XO that my Husband's ship had, the CO allowed Board shorts and boat shoes or athletic shoes. A lot of the guys had Hawaiian shirts, the had a bit of fun too the XO wore a Hawaiian shirt over a black one piece suit with boat shoes

DesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree