A psalm of Dorothy

Printer-friendly version

A Psalm of Dorothy

My God, I am in distress

And my sorrow threatens to drown me

All I want to do is serve you

Love you

But I do not understand you

Do my tears please you?

What benefit is there for you in my pain?

Would my being complete make a difference to you

That you would rather condemn me to hell instead?

For Justice has fled the earth Lord,

And Mercy has become a captive

But like Anna at the temple

Still I wait for you

Until you restore my soul

When you do, I will be able to sing your praises to the people

And my voice will be heard in the throng

And all the people will see your blessings on me

And will give you glory for your great mercy

Which uplifts the weak and helpless

So do not tarry God

But act quickly, lest your servant be overcome

Do not let my enemy win God

For you are my only hope

And your great loving-kindness never fails

Amen

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A psalm of Dorothy

This Psalm can very easily be a Prayer for any Christian. Thank you for posting.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Ummmmm............

I wonder how many other Christians have ever been in a gay chat room? Is that very Christian-like? Maybe part of the qualifications? Do many Christians like to role play?

Mea the Magnificent

Song

littlerocksilver's picture

That is quite beautiful and asks some serious questions for a person of faith.

Portia

Portia

Or any follower

of a God, Stan?

I am often surprised just how many Trans folk follow a God.

I also wonder at just how many people claim to follow a God - as long as that God is made in their own image.

Susie

Susan...my love...

...and that God agrees with their personal views. Isn't it amazing?

Mea the Magnificent

Mea...darling...

Do you think God is really a drag Queen? I hope so!

Mea the Magnificent

Naw...she's going for the cut!!!

What is so surprising about that?

After all, is it not written in the Black Book already, that "Man made god in his own image?"

Briar

Briar

Not Much Use Though, Joelle

"our pleas are heard"? Not much use when they aren't acted upon though! When all you get for your pleas, begging, offers of making a bargain that goes "if you do this I'll do that", is a dead baby in your arms.

This universe is so badly put together I want to shout "Unintelligent Design!" at all the black-cloaked magic-men who offer empty words but little else. "Creation" is a bad joke. One can only make sense out of it if one laughs at it.

If some "being" were actually responsible for this wretched world I would like one day to meet him or it (can't have been a She, a She would have made it with more sense of the need for harmony!) so that I could punch it or him on the nose.

Unfortunately, I know that there was nobody and I will never get the satisfaction of doing that.

Perhaps one of the reasons humans write and make up stories and tell them is that in so doing they are going off into their own corner and creating their own little universe, the way they think it should be?

Story telling is how we naked apes developed language, and language is what made it possible for us to think, and thinking made us sapient beings (or semi-sapient at least. Most of us don't think much, we just reiterate slogans most of the time).

If I sound bitter, it is because I am bitter. If I deserved to be punished OK, but why take it out on a poor wee baby? And all the "nice" people who kept saying platitudes like "time will heal the pain" were wrong. I feel it today like I have for 45 years already. I so wish I could give that punch on the nose to someone I could blame for everything.

Briar

Briar

Tenacity!

Andrea Lena's picture

While I hold my faith dear to me, I believe that this can be the cry of any heart that wishes to see justice done and mercy bestowed. You do remind me of Jacob, who held on for dear life waiting for a blessing. But even more, you remind me of Anna at the temple, waiting patiently for her deliverance. I admire your tenacity so much. It inspires me and gives me strength. Thank
you so much.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I don't so much have faith ...

... as I have hope. Maybe hope is a poor second cousin to faith, but it's the best I can manage. What I hope for, is there really is someone out there, who cares about what's going on in this world, and is okay with me asking constant (possibly awkward) questions, and is actually listening to me, even if, for some reason, that person can't, or won't, do anything about the way the world is. I really hope, only having hope, is enough.