New Werewoman Handbook Pt. 21

Printer-friendly version

Whoever burst into the room seemed to be having a tough time. Jerry could hear him huffing and puffing, as though they were having some sort of medical emergency. He was finished using the toilet, pants up and belt buckled. Cautiously he peered over the top of the cubicle wall, standing on the john for a boost.

What he saw amazed him. His boss, Aaron, was the man who burst in so suddenly. He’d splashed some water on his face as Jerry watched. His breathing stabilized, and Jerry was about to ask him if he needed help. But his boss spoke before he could.

“Oh my God! No, not tonight. Don’t change! Don’t change!” said Aaron.

Jerry wasn’t sure what he meant at first. But the answer became obvious; his boss was shrinking quite rapidly. His face also seemed to be softening, as his hair lengthened. Soon, other changes became obvious as he pulled off his shirt and his pants fell to the floor. Right there, in front of Jerry, Aaron was turning into a woman, and a beautiful one at that. Maybe the ‘New Werewoman Handbook’ wasn’t fiction after-all!

As the thought occurred to him, Jerry slipped ever so slightly. “SWOOOOSH” roared the toilet beneath his feet. The new girl looked in his direction, and Jerry smiled back meekly.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
(Jerry and Erin stared intently at one another for a moment, neither moving a muscle.)
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Seconds passed as we stared at each other. I broke the silence with a question despite being afraid of the answer. “How long have you been standing there?” I asked, swallowing hard.

“Long enough Aaron, I saw everything…its incredible!” Jerry said, stepping down from the seat and exiting the stall.

‘Shit! He knew my name’ I thought to myself. Glancing towards the restroom entrance, I saw a deadbolt lock on the inside of the door. I secured it making sure nobody else would enter to disturb us. “I was afraid you might say that.” I said in a voice that sounded sinister even to my own ears. I knew what had to be done. The handbook had a section on accidental discovery. It was brief but applicable to this situation.

‘If discovered by a non-were, the safest way to protect your secret is to make sure it becomes their secret too.’

Instinct was taking over, and I felt my predatory fangs sliding into place. I was fully prepared to bite Jerry to make sure he didn’t talk. He wasn’t paying any attention to me as I approached him, a lucky break perhaps. Instead, Jerry fumbled through a bag of clothing as I advanced, he was reaching for something but I didn’t know what.

I was right next to him now, and as he found what he was seeking in the bag and held it up, he looked surprised to see me standing so close. Nervously he pointed to the book now in his hand. “You’re one of them…you’re a werewoman, right?” he asked.

Glancing at the book in his hand, I read the title, ‘New Werewoman Handbook: A Manual for the Newly Transgendered.’ I was astonished. Perhaps biting this man would not be necessary. Inch long fangs retracted into the gum-line, my eyeteeth took on their normal appearance. “How the…where did you get that?” I asked incredulously.

“Last month, I was at a club and I met these women, Vanessa and Heather I think.” Jerry explained. “I went home with them, I don’t remember exactly what happened but the next morning I was back at my house, and this book was with some of my belongings in a box.”

If what he said was true, and I believed it was, Jerry might already be infected. The curse might well be in the end-stages of incubation and his inner woman set to emerge with tomorrow’s moon. “Look I don’t know how to say this, but if you have that book…”

Jerry interrupted as I trailed off. “You don’t think that I’m…”

All of the sudden, the door to the men’s room rattled in the jamb. Someone out there wanted in.

“We have to get out of here.” I said in a no-nonsense voice. “Let me get dressed and we’ll walk out together.” I could see Jerry nodding in agreement as I reached into the bags I’d sprinted into the room carrying. Sliding a Victoria Secret baby-tee over my frame and slipping into a skirt, I stepped into a cute pair of flats I’d purchased earlier. Fully dressed, my eyes traveled to the mirror for a quick self-inspection. I didn’t have any underwear to put on; I hadn’t bought any this evening. I had planned on making that my next stop, but it would have to wait until some other time. My appearance was as good as I could make it under these strained circumstances. Crumbling my guy clothes into a ball, I stuffed them into the empty bags.

A muffled “What the #*@%!” came from the other side of the door. It was followed by some more loud pounding. The man on the other side was none too happy about being denied access. Jerry gathered his bags up, and I mine. I turned to my co-worker and led him out.

“Sorry!” I said sincerely to the man who’d been left waiting outside the men’s room. My face was red with embarrassment. As he watched Jerry and I stroll past, his look changed from one of confusion to outright amusement.

“Alright bro!” he said to Jerry, presenting his fist for congratulatory dap. Jerry reluctantly tapped fists with the man. Apparently, he thought we’d ducked in there for a quickie. That explanation was probably more believable than what actually happened.

“What now?” Jerry asked as we strode out to the main corridor together.

“I have a friend, she’s cool. If anybody would know what to do about this situation it’s her.” I said. “Come with me to my car. We’ll drive over to her place together.” It sounded more like an order that a suggestion.


~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
(Kelly Huchins was finishing up a sale as she saw a familiar woman walking past.)
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

‘There’s that girl from the movie’ she thought to herself as she bid her blushing male customer farewell. ‘Didn’t her boyfriend just run by?’ she asked herself silently. ‘And why was she wearing the t-shirt her boyfriend had just purchased this very evening?’ None of it made sense, least of all the presence of a companion who was clearly not her boyfriend. She even remembered seeing that woman at the nightclub the other month, staring at her sweetheart Kevin like she knew him...as if!

‘What a skank’ she thought, easily observing that the woman wasn’t even wearing a bra beneath the shirt. And with her build, it was clear that she needed one!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
(Several minutes later, in Erin’s car.)
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

“We’ll be there in a minute, Em. And thanks, I knew I could count on you.” Hanging up the phone, I looked towards my passenger. “She said she’ll help us, we’re in luck.” I said to reassure him. Jerry had been silent since we left the mall. From his expression I could tell he was deep in thought.

“That is IF she can help. I don’t know. If I’m infected, the book I’ve been reading didn’t mention anything about a cure.” Jerry sounded positively worried as he spoke.

There was nothing I could say to comfort him.

Before too long we were knocking on Emily’s door, she answered quickly and smiled at us both. “Come in, come in” she said hospitably. “Erin dear, I’m so sorry. I didn’t expect to see you out until tomorrow night.” She sounded deeply sympathetic. “You must have been so scared, transforming with little notice at the mall.”

“Yeah, it came as quite a surprise to me too. I guess I’ll have to get used to the 5 night cycle now.” I blushed and put my head down as if ashamed.

Emily gently rested her hand on my shoulder in a touching gesture of sympathy. “Hey, cheer up girl! It’s nothing to be ashamed of. You’re progressing so quickly, before you know it you may be on a 7 night cycle!”

She sounded almost excited by the prospect, and while I appreciated her sympathy, the fact that she was probably right terrified me beyond measure. “I know, I know.” I replied meekly.

“First thing first dear, you look like something the cat dragged in! Go up to my room and get changed. I have some brand new clothes I bought earlier this week. They’re in the bag on my bedroom floor.” Emily pointed as though I didn’t know where she slept.

So without further ceremony, I retired to Emily’s bedroom. I could hear her and Jerry’s muffled voices as I shut the door behind me. I wondered what they were discussing. I saw the bag Emily was referring to, and I picked out a nice sundress, a bra and some panties. Deciding to help myself to the assets in her master bathroom, and applied some light make-up and requisitioned a hair tie. I looked much better now, and my skill at applying lip-stick and foundation surprised me. I must have learned from watching Heather and Emily work on me in previous months. Ten minutes after entering the bedroom, I emerged to rejoin the conversation in progress in the living room.

“Erin here tells me that you received a copy of our book, mind if I see your copy?” Emily asked Jerry as I took a seat beside her on the couch. She eyed me up and down as I took my seat, “Oh my you look so much better!” Emily cooed. “Well done on the make-up, you’re really getting the hang of things.”

I blushed slightly embarrassed by Emily’s compliment. “Thanks.” I said quietly.

Jerry was fumbling through a bag which I now saw contained women’s clothing. “Here it is.” He said plainly, handing the tome to Emily’s inspection.

“It looks legit.” Emily noted, holding the book in front of her. “Its standard issue material for new werewomen, but it looks a little different than my copy” she commented. Cracking the binding, she thumbed through the first couple pages.

Something caught my eye. “Wait, go back to the inside cover a sec.” I said. Emily complied, and together we noticed a handwritten message on the inside cover.

Dearest Vanessa,
This book contains all the secrets of our sisterhood, and you should always keep it close. I can’t imagine how hard it has been for you to learn the ins and outs of our special gift without it. You’ll learn a lot by reading these pages, but if you have any questions I’m here for you.
With love,
Heather

I recognized the handwriting before I read her signature. It was identical to the writing on the notes I received during my first moonset.

Emily produced her own copy from a drawer in her coffee table. Holding the books up side by side, we all noticed a difference immediately. Jerry’s copy was much thicker than Emily’s. “Well…this certainly is interesting.”

“What does it mean?” Jerry asked dumbfounded. “Am I a werewoman like you two?” he sounded concerned as he spoke.

“Well no, or should I say, not yet.” Emily answered. “But the very fact that you received this book means that you most likely will be. In fact, I’d be willing to bet that tomorrow night at moonrise, you’ll change for the first time.” Emily’s tone was somber. “I’m sorry, Jerry.”

“There has to be something we can do!” Jerry said sounding frightened. “I don’t know if I want this!”

“Well, your aura is still pink which is good. You may not be at risk of changing.” I said. Jerry looked relieved for a moment.

“According to the book, a person’s aura doesn’t change until after the first change has manifested itself.” Emily said.

“So much for my theory…” I said disappointedly. Now that she mentioned it, I did recall reading that passage.

Emily’s thin brows furrowed in an endearing expression I’d come to recognize and admire. The wheels in her mind spun rapidly as I watched in silence. At last, she spoke. “I got it. Follow me; we’re going to see someone who can help.”

Without a word, Jerry and I stood and followed her to her car.

“You sit up front, Jerry.” I said. “You’re taller and need the leg-room.” It was an odd reversal, in male form I towered over my colleague.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
(Minutes later, Emily’s car pulled into the parking lot of Queen Anne’s Revenge.)
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

“What are we doing here?” Jerry asked. I had to admit, I was dying to know myself.

“An old friend of mine frequents this place.” Emily explained. “She’s very powerful, and if anyone can help us it’s her.” She continued, “Some say she’s a witch, but I’d classify her as more of a spirit. Whatever you want to call it, she has some potent supernatural gifts.”

The three of us filed into the club, the loud music assaulting our eardrums as we made our way towards the bar. Emily led us to a lonely stool far to the side of the counter. Upon it sat an ancient African American ‘lady.’ Though dressed en femme, she was hardly convincing. Still, a quiet dignity surrounded this unusual patron.

“I know her!” Jerry declared as we approached. “People call her Tranny Granny.” He said softly. I laughed at the silly but appropriate moniker bestowed upon the old coot. Emily seemed un-amused. “I met her last month, and she warned me that I was in danger.” Jerry said in a more serious tone.

“And she was right.” Emily said retorted.

The old patron craned her head and smiled as we approached.

“Greetings, my old friend.” Emily said taking a seat beside her. “I’ve come to ask for your help, if you’re willing to offer it.”

‘Tranny Granny’ nodded solemnly. “Unnu cyan come wid mi. I an I’s bin expec-tin yuhs.”

I usually had trouble understanding thickly accented people, but I understood that she’d been expecting us. She wanted our group to follow her.

She stood from her place at the bar and seemed to float towards the back of the club. We followed closely as she led us to a door in the back. The four of us found ourselves on the other side of the door, standing in an alleyway flanked by two tall brick walls. One of these walls belonged to the club. The other was belonging to the derelict structure set behind it. “Dis wey” Beckoned ‘Tranny Granny’ as a white light enveloped her being.

I shielded my eyes, and when the brightness dissipated looked toward where the old queen was standing. Where she’d once stood, I beheld a sickly looking, pale-eyed black cat. Letting out a strained “meow” the pitiful creature made its way up the fire escape of the adjacent building. Jerry and I looked at one another in amazement. Emily seemed mildly amused by our reaction. But we followed the cat into an open window on the top floor of the ruined building behind the club.

By the time we’d all entered the window, the ancient crossdresser was back in human form. She sat in the center of a room that was straight out of fantasy novel. Her chair itself appeared to be some sort of throne; it had a high back and seemed to be crafted out of animal bones. Indeed, large elephant tusks crowned the bizarre construction. The walls were lined with jars filled with all sorts of strange items. One appeared to be filled with lizard tails, another was flush with webbed skin, bat-wings I surmised. Still another jar was filled with small eyeballs; perhaps they’d once belonged to a predatory bird of some sort. They seemed alive, following us with their fixed gaze as we made our way toward the room’s center. Many jars were filled with herbs of various descriptions, powders and oils in all the colors of the rainbow abounded.

As I looked around in awe, I recognized many voodoo fetishes lying about. A crystal ball was held by a skeletal hand on a table near her ‘throne.’ The colorful feathers of different wanga’s stood out upon various tables throughout the room. Offerings to various Voodoun deities sat undisturbed in small bowls set before miniature human-like statues. A chandelier of wood and bone hung overhead, its candles lighting this surrealistic scene.

Our host gestured to three stools before her throne, suggesting we sit before her. We followed her instructions, Emily sitting in the middle, myself to her right and Jerry on the other side.

Emily spoke first. “We’ve come to ask you about Jerry here…” she began.

The ancient one interrupted. “I an I nose, meh fren.” She gestured towards Emily. Her faded eyes travelled towards Jerry. “Dem gwot yuh, meh dwata. Fel nuh way, meh hyelp yuh.” she continued.

Once again, despite her thick accent I took her meaning. She knew why we’d come. She knew Jerry’s predicament and she advised him not to worry. She could help.

“Yuh mey lass som-ting en da bans” she warned, waving a bony finger in a gesture of caution.

By this, I understood, she meant that something would be lost in the bargain.

Apparently Jerry was on the same page. “Whatever the risk, I’ll take it.” he replied with conviction. “I don’t want to lose control of my body. I didn’t choose this, and I’ll do anything!” His voice stank of desperation. “I like to dress as a woman, but with the freedom to choose when and where I do it. Tonight, seeing Erin transform was quite a scare. I do not want that to be my fate.”

Having heard his testimony, the old biddy before us seemed to go into something of a trance. Her already cloudy eyes turned pure white, and she appeared to be possessed. She was chanting in gibberish, I could not understand the words leaving her lips. As her trance deepened, she stood and seemingly floated about the room chanting all the while. Her hands busily pilfered ingredients from the various jars scattered about the place. She then began to mix them up in a large wooden bowl with some type of grinding tool. At last, after several minutes, she reclaimed her throne. Her thin, wrinkled arms presented the concoction to Jerry.

He gulped. “Do I ummm, drink this?” he asked sounding concerned as he took the bowl.

Our host made a wafting gesture and inhaled deeply through her nostrils. Jerry mimicked her actions.

For a moment, nothing happened. Jerry’s face contorted in a disgusted manner, whatever was in front of him clearly smelled awful. But as he inhaled, his eyes glazed over. The color seemed to rush from his eyes until they were completely pale. The bowl dropped from his hands, thudding off the floor as it fell.

As I watched in mute fascination, a spectral image of a woman stepped out from Jerry’s body. She appeared to be frightened. “Jerry no!” she pleaded. “Wake up! Please wake up.” she pleaded to the seated, entranced man before her. Her image began to fade into nothing as though she were evaporating before our eyes. While this was happening, the pink aura around Jerry started to dissipate. It was replaced by an aura of deep royal blue. “Jerry please…don’t do this. You need me!” said the spirit as spectral tears streamed down her pretty face.

Her low voice seemed to have the accompaniment of all the other sounds of misery, desolation and sorrow I had ever heard- the ripple of a river, the rustling of the trees swayed by the wind, the murmurs of the crowd, the faint ring of incomprehensible words cried from afar, the whisper of a voice speaking from beyond the threshold of an eternal darkness. It was a heart-rending scene. And in a moment, she was gone.

Our host had also vanished. We three now sat in an empty room, illuminated only by the faint light provided by a nearly full moon. It was as though we'd all shared a waking dream.

Jerry snapped back to consciousness. Standing, he demanded, “What happened? How long was I out?”

“I…I…just a moment.” I replied. “I can’t explain what happened. How do you feel?” I inquired.

“…Better.” Jerry answered simplistically. “But different” he elaborated. “I can’t explain it, but I can tell I’m not the same. It’s as though I missing part of myself.” He looked confused. “But physically I feel fine.” He admitted.

“Well, I think whatever she did worked. But just to be sure I’d like it if you joined Erin and me tomorrow at moonrise.” Emily said calmly.

“I’d like that.” Jerry said plainly. “And thank you, thank you so much for helping me.” He hugged us both in turn, and we made our way back to Emily's car. The ride to the mall was a silent journey, we dropped Jerry off at his car at the mall parking lot.

As he drove off towards his home, I asked Emily a question. “Do you think that it worked? Is he ‘cured?’” I made air-quotes around the word ‘cured’ for effect.

“I do believe he is, but at a terrible cost perhaps.” Emily answered.

“Do you think that ritual could work on me?” I asked out of curiosity.

“No. I asked her to cleanse me once, long ago. She said it was impossible. Once the transformation has occurred there is no going back. You’re doomed to werewomanhood for life. There is a cure for what we are, but once you've turned, there is no release.” She sounded almost sad as she finished her monologue.

But I wasn’t sad. Quite the opposite in fact, I was happy to be ‘doomed.’

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Do they know?

Hey, does anyone recall if it was stated:
1)Whether Vanessa has a complete copy of the Handbook and not the incomplete one Heather was spreading around?
2)Whether Vanessa is aware her own book is a different one from others, if 1st is true?

Because depending on the answers it may just mean that H&V have made a great blunder. Although I did not see what happened in this chapter coming!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

the book

Renee_Heart2's picture

If you recall venesa is heather's right hand woman so her book is the "Alpha edition"
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Yes

Vanessa is Heather's closest companion, that much I remember. But other things - didn't.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Very Intresting

Renee_Heart2's picture

Great chapter hun look foward to reading more.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Interesting Developments!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Some interesting developments in this part. The story has advanced quite significantly over the last couple of chapters.

I can't help but wonder how grateful Jerry will be in the coming days for being 'cured'. Does the removal of his feminine side make him immune to further bites I wonder? The master edition of the handbook seems to be a key weapon for the Emily and Erin in being able to stand up to Venessa and Heather. It will be interesting to see what other secrets are contained within it!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Thank you!

Thanks for the comments Tycho,

You ask some interesting questions too! I hope to answer them in future editions. I love reading comments like these, because they steer the plot in interesting (I hope =D) new directions. Please keep reading, and definitely keep commenting. It's great to know that the story is being read and enjoyed.

Hugs,

Werewomaniac

New Werewoman Handbook Pt. 21

I wonder what would happen if they were to visit Bikini Beach, find the Medallion of Zulu, or meet the S.R.U. Wizard? I'd add my TransBike, but I already know what'd happen and our esteemed authoress might not want that.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks for the kind comments

Thanks for the kind comments Stan,

Now the Medallion of Zulo, Bikini Beach and Spells-R-Us are all familiar to me. I've read stories and captions that explain those concepts, and I've really enjoyed them. But I have to plead ignorance on the TransBike idea. I'm sure I'd like that premise too! Please let me know what that is, and where I can read more about it.

Cheers,

Werewomaniac