A Cat's Tale

Printer-friendly version

A Cat’s Tale

By
Julie O

Derek's fascination with transformations led him to Dr. Minda Stewart and a chance that led beyond his wildest dreams.

A Cat’s Tale

By
Julie O

Edited by Amelia R.

Author’s note: This story was in part inspired by a very strange dream I had recently.

Chapter 1

Derek Silva logged onto his computer. He had recently found a very interesting chatroom, and he was hoping that there would be some exciting people in there that evening.

It was a little after eleven PM, but Derek didn’t care; it was summer, and he had no worries until fall when his college classes started up again. He smiled to himself that unlike many of his friends, he didn’t have to work to earn tuition. He had been left a sizable inheritance from his grandparents to pay for school. He’d also cleaned up in several poker games he had played in over the school year. He made enough money that he could relax the whole summer.

Now he wasn’t a slacker; he had worked hard as a chemistry major, and after three years of college, his GPA was 3.90. Still, he felt he owed himself a break, and this summer would be his last chance, as he would be going to grad school the following year, and that was a year round program.

Nope, this summer he would spend indulging himself. The chatroom was just one of his joys. It wasn’t a sex site or anything like that; no, it focused on sorcery magic. All his life he’d had fantasies about physical transformation. His DVD collection was mostly movies that featured characters being transformed.

Deep down, his logical side told him that it was just fantasy, but still he’d had some cool talks in the chatroom.

He brushed back his shaggy blonde hair from his eyes and popped open a large bottle of Mountain Dew as he logged in.

Other than his fantasy for transformations, he considered himself pretty normal. While he was currently single, he’d had several girlfriends in his three years at the university. True, he’d had a drunken fling with a guy one night, but he considered himself to he a normal heterosexual male.

The first thirty minutes in the room nothing much happened. There were a few regulars, but Derek didn’t feel like chatting with them tonight. He had the strangest feeling that something remarkable would happen.

Chapter 2

An hour later and two empty bottles of Dew later, he was ready to call it a night and head down to the twenty-four hour coffee shop. But then a new person came in the room who caught his attention. Her name was Minda.

Normally, he didn’t immediately contact someone when they came in, but he had a hunch about her.

Derek: Hi Minda.

Minda: Hi

Derek: I haven’t seen you in here before, I would have remembered the name; it’s very pretty.

Derek shook his head at the corniness of his words. Thank god he wasn’t talking to her face to face, he thought; not that he was much better with women in person.

Minda: It’s Native American, and it means knowledge.

Derek: Cool.

Well, he thought, she was still talking to him.

They made small talk for a few minutes until she requested to talk in private, and Derek immediately agreed.

Minda: I have to admit that I haven’t been totally honest with you.

Derek shook his head. Okay, here it comes; she’s some sort of a nutcase, or she’s really a guy or something like that.

Minda: I’ve been in the room several times, under different names, and have been checking you out.

Derek: Really?

He was stunned by her words as he took a sip of his soda.

Minda: Yes, I’ve noticed that you are truly into the idea that physical transformation can occur and aren’t just here for some sexual turn-on.

Derek: LOL.

Minda: Well, am I right?

Derek: Yes, that’s right.

Minda: Good, then I have a proposition for you, if you promise to hear me out completely and that you’ll also keep an open mind.

Derek: Okay, what’s on your mind?

Minda: I have acquired a Mayan text, and it contains what looks like spells to transform humans into animal form and back again.

Derek stared at the words on his computer screen and wondered when the punch line would come up. He decided to play along and see what she wanted.

Derek: You can read Mayan?

Minda: Yes — oh, I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I have a doctorate in ancient languages and have been studying the Mayan language my entire adult life. I found a copy of the original text in a church archive in Costa Rica. I have dated it to back to the early days of the Spanish conquest.

Derek: And it has spells to transform humans into animals? I’m surprised that the Spanish didn’t destroy it as heresy.

Minda: Me too, but it was hidden in the binding of another text. I may have been the first person to see it since it was copied. Besides, I doubt if the person who copied it knew what they had.

Derek: So what do you want from me? I’m a chemistry major.

Minda: You have an open mind and seem truly interested in transformation.

Derek: Go on.

He wondered where this was leading to.

Minda: I inherited a ranch in Montana; it’s isolated and safe.

Derek: And?

Minda: Would you be interested in seeing if the spells actually work?

Derek stared at his screen in disbelief.

Minda: I’m serious Derek, and I will pay you for your troubles. I’ve translated three spells and am working on a fourth.

Derek: You mean you want me to be your guinea pig?

Minda: LOL. No, I can’t change you into a guinea pig, but how about a jaguar?

Derek took another sip of soda.

Derek: You’re serious.

Minda: Yes. I need someone to try the spells out on. I would use myself, but I need to study the spells as they take effect.

Derek: And you can transform me into a jaguar and back again?

Minda: I’m positive that I can, and if the spells don’t work, you still get paid. How does fifty thousand dollars for the summer sound?

Derek: 50k?

Minda: Yes. I will try all four spells on you in that time. You will get the money whether or not the spells actually work.

He thought about it, fifty grand was a lot of money and besides he didn’t have any other real plans for the summer. Then there was the possibility that she could actually transform him into an animal and back again.

Derek: What else … besides the jaguar?

Minda: An anaconda, tapir, and coatimundi. The coatimundi is the last spell that I’m working on. It has the most difficult instructions.

Derek: Why is that?

Minda: From what I can tell, it’s due to the mass change, in the other changes you won’t lose mass. An adult coatimundi weighs less than twenty pounds.

Derek: That makes sense. So what were these spells used for?

Minda: I don’t know, but I suspect it had something to do with religion. The spells do specifically say that they are reversible. In fact, they state that the person will only stay in the form for seven days.

Derek: That’s a relief.

Minda: Does that mean you’re interested?

Derek paused before replying.

Minda: I know this sounds crazy, but I really need to know if these spells work. It would be a major discovery.

Derek: There’s more to it than that, am I right?

Minda: I knew you were smart. Okay, I’m not interested in academic fame from these spell. I mean, most people would freak out if they knew I could turn them into an animal.

Derek: Why then?

Minda: I want to gain real insight into the ancient Mayans. I know that if I can get these spells to work, then it would give me new knowledge of these people. So, are you interested? I know this is a big decision, so why don’t we meet back in this room tomorrow. I can give you my e-mail address if you like.

Derek scratched his head. This was a pretty wild offer, and she was willing to pay him. The idea of becoming an animal was also a dream come true.

Derek: Okay, sounds good. I’ll give you mine in return.

Ten minutes later Derek was still staring at his computer screen, wondering if Minda was telling him the truth. It could have been a joke, but something deep down told him that she was being honest. He decided to call it a night and sleep on it.

Chapter 3

Derek got up around ten, and after showering and grabbing a bagel, he headed off to the city zoo. He had lived in the city for three years and had never gone there, but he knew they had a great exhibit on Central American animals.

Derek thought about what Minda had said on his way there. He was six-one and weighed around one hundred and seventy pounds, so changing into the larger animals wouldn’t be a big deal. The much smaller coatimundi would be a very interesting change. He also wondered if the change would be painful and whether he would maintain his conscious self or if he’d blank out and just be an animal.

The jaguar was asleep, but he could see the big orange and black spotted cat as it dozed by the front of a fake cave. It was a beautiful animal, and he had always been fond of them.

He then headed over and watched the tapir for a while. It was a strange looking animal with its small prehensile nose. The animal slipped into the water of its pool and seemed to be quite at home. Only its head was visible as it took refuge from the summer’s heat.

Next, he went to the reptile house and found the anaconda. It was coiled up in the corner of its exhibit. The only sign it was alive was the tongue flickering in and out of its mouth. It didn’t look all that exciting, he thought.

He was lucky to find that the zoo had a coatimundi out with one of its handlers. It looked similar to a raccoon, but had a longer snout. The handler told the crowd that it was a member of the raccoon family and would eat just about anything.

The woman who was showing off the animal explained that while some people thought that coatimundis would make good pets, they were mistaken. She said that while they looked cute, they were still wild and very curious, and that in a house they would get into anything and everything. Also, while they were social, they don’t appear to accept discipline or hierarchy like a dog.

Derek thought it might be a fun animal to be for a week, assuming Minda could make the spell work. Actually, he was more interested in the shape shifting process, moving from one being into another.

He went home and wrote Minda a long email stating that he was still interested and that he wanted to talk more about her plan.

Chapter 4

Minda: I need to know a few things about you; what are your measurements?

Derek: I’m 6-1 and weigh one hundred and seventy pounds; yeah, I know I’m a bit of stick.

Minda: That’s okay. Now are you in good health?

Derek: I passed my last physical with flying colors.

Minda: LOL. Okay, I don’t mean to pry, but these spells may cause you great stress, and I want you to be safe.

Derek: What will happen after I am transformed? I mean, will I still have the mind of a man, or will I be all animal?

Minda: I don’t know.

Derek: Will you be safe?

Minda: I have had enclosures built that will hold you after you change. The ranch used to be a cattle ranch, and I had the facilities modified. It should keep us both safe.

Derek: That makes sense. So when do we start?

Minda: How soon can you come to Montana?

Derek thought about it.

Derek: I can leave in a couple of days.

Minda: Good. Are you driving here?

Derek: Yes, so where do I meet you?

Minda: My place is north of Livingston. Drive there and check into the Best Western. I’ll meet you there, and we’ll go out to my place.

Derek: In other words, you want to check me out first?

Minda: Okay, that’s true. I just want to make sure that you are legitimate.

Derek: Hey, you’re the one who claims they can transform me into an animal.

They traded telephone numbers, and she said that she would take care of his reservations at the hotel.

Derek packed that evening, too excited to sleep. Yes, it was a bit crazy, but he didn’t have any plans for the summer. If she turned out to be a nut job, he could always go down to Yellowstone National Park, so the trip wouldn’t be a total waste.

Chapter 5

Derek was sitting on his bed eating a burger from a fast food joint when there was a knocking at the door. He got up and looked out the peephole and saw an attractive looking woman standing outside his room.

He opened the door and smiled. “Hi, I’m Derek.”

She smiled and walked inside. “Pleased to meet you, Derek, I’m Minda Stewart.”

She looked younger than he had expected. He expected a PhD to look a little older. Otherwise, she looked as he had expected. Minda had long raven colored hair that flowed down to the small of her back. Her face had the classic look of a Native American, with prominent cheekbones and dark piercing eyes.

She was dressed in jeans, a white blouse and a multicolored vest. Derek wasn’t sure, but the design of the vest looked Navaho. Around her neck was a turquoise and silver necklace.

She was a few inches shorter than Derek, and she had an athletic build. She loved the outdoors and spent much of her free time hiking and camping.

“How was your trip out here?” she asked.

“Nice, I made a few stops along the way. I’ve never been to the west before,” he replied.

“I was born out here. My mother was Navaho and lived in New Mexico. My father was from Montana,” she replied.

“Is he also Native American?” asked Derek.

She shook her head. “Scotch-Irish. He was an engineer, and he met my mom when he was on a job. They married and moved here.”

“Where are they now?” he asked.

“They’re retired and live in Arizona,” she replied. “Are you always this nosey?”

Derek laughed. “No, just with people who are going to turn me into a large snake.”

Minda smiled. “Point taken.” She sat down in a chair. “You mind if I ask you some more questions?”

Derek sat down on the edge of the bed and shook his head.

“You’re from Rhode Island, right?” she asked.

“I go to college there, but I grew up outside Hartford,” he replied. “My dad still lives there, and my mom lives in Boston.”

“Divorced?” she asked.

Derek nodded. “They broke up when I was in high school — not that they were all that loving before.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” she replied.

“It’s okay. I’m long over it.”

“Did you tell them where you were going?”

Derek shook his head as he picked up a fry and popped it into his mouth. “They’re both too busy with their lives to worry about me these days. Dad is married to a woman six years older than me, and Mom is too busy being a congressional aide. The last time I saw them was last Christmas.”

“Um, just in case something goes bad, who do you want me to contact?” she asked.

He shrugged. “I’ll give you both their addresses, but it doesn’t really matter.”

Minda nodded. “Have you always been interested in transformations?”

He nodded. “As far back as I can remember. I’ve studied many of the legends and tales. Maybe I’ve always thought that I was different — not who I should be; I don’t know. I’ve had a lot of dreams were I was something or someone else.”

“Dreams can be very powerful,” she stated.

“I agree. I just know that there’s something different about me; as to what it is, I have no idea,” he replied. “So, when do we start?”

“We can go out to my place in the morning. I have some supplies to pick up in town. We’re a little off the beaten path. I have a room here tonight, so take it easy and we’ll go to dinner together and talk more, okay?”

“Sounds like a plan,” he said.

“Oh, and I’ll give you a cashier’s check in the morning; that way you can deposit it before we leave town,” she stated as she stood up.

“Okay,” he replied. The money was nice, but he was more interested in the idea of being transformed.

“I’ll stop by ‘round seven,” she said.

“It’s a deal,” he replied as he got up to let her out of his room.

“I’m glad you came, Derek; this will be an incredible experience for both of us,” she stated as she left.

“I hope so,” he replied.

Chapter 6

“What makes you think that the spells will really work?’ asked Derek as he cut into his steak.

“Well, I just consider it a hunch. I know that may not sound that scientific, but the translation doesn’t appear to be anything else. It described the ingredients for each spell in detail. I suspect it was something passed down from one shaman to another,” replied Minda.

“So I will have to swallow something?” he asked.

She nodded. “None of the ingredients by itself is poisonous, so if it doesn’t work, I don’t see any harm.”

Derek laughed. “That’s so comforting.”

“Hey, it wasn’t easy acquiring all the ingredients, especially some of the flower blossoms.”

“Hey, I trust you… or else I wouldn’t be here. Oh, speaking of which, how many other people have you tried to get before me?”

“Just a few, but they all thought I was kidding or that my offer was a come-on for kinky sex,” she stated.

Derek laughed. “So what are you going to turn me into first?”

“I was planning on the anaconda, unless you have a preference,” she answered.

Derek shrugged his shoulders. “That’s fine. I have to admit that the one I’m looking forward to the most is the jaguar.”

“You too?” she asked.

“They’re incredible animals. I did some online research before I came out here,” he replied.

“The Mayans saw them as gods,” she said.

“I can understand why, they were definitely the boss of the jungle back then,” he stated.

“Yes, it’s too bad they’ve been hunted so much.”

“Someday I’d like to go down there and go on a nature trip to see one in the wild,” said Derek. “I hope I will remember what happens to me when I change.”

“I plan on videotaping each transformation, so you will be able to see it later,” said Minda.

“Cool,” he said. He then looked around the restaurant.

“What are you looking for?” she asked as she leaned over.

“Hidden cameras and the TV host who will jump out and tell me this is all a reality show.”

Minda laughed. “I would never do something like that to you. I may take you on David Letterman while you’re an animal, but that’s different.”

Derek chuckled. “Very funny.”

Chapter 7

Derek followed Minda’s truck out of town the following morning. He was amazed at how little traffic there was once they left town, and even though she drove fast, he had no trouble keeping up with her.

The ranch was down a three mile long dirt road. There was a large single story house and several barns. The open grasslands around the building had cattle grazing all around.

Derek helped Minda unload her truck, and he asked her about the cattle.

“They’re not mine, I just lease out the pasture to other ranchers. I’m not into ranching; I just love the solitude of this place,” she replied. “In the fall, the elk come out of the hills for the rut; it’s my favorite time of the year.”

After lunch, she showed him around the ranch. Inside the main barn were several caged-in areas.

“The big one will be for when you’re a tapir or a jaguar. The cage is large so you’ll have room to roam around,” she explained. “The ramps and multiple levels will be appreciated when you’re a big cat.”

He pulled at the thick mesh wire and found it was very sturdy.

“I can’t have you escaping,” she noted. “Especially when you’re a jaguar, the locals would love to take a shot at you.”

“Yikes,” he replied. “I notice there’s a big depression in the floor, is that for a pool?”

She nodded. “As you probably know, tapirs like water.”

“So where is my snake house?’ he asked.

“Over here,” she said. She led him to a large glass enclosed structure. There was a pool in one end, and in one of the other corners there was a heat lamp mounted. “It gets cool at night, even in the summer, and I don’t want you to get sick; you will be cold-blooded.”

“Makes sense,” he said as he examined the structure. “It looks a lot like the one at the zoo back home.”

“I studied several zoos and their enclosures, as I want you to be as comfortable as possible. Now let me show you the last one,” she said.

It was a large cage, with multiple levels and a log set inside, propped up against one of the corners. There were lots of places to run, climb and hide.

“I tried to make it a coatimundi paradise,” she stated.

“Look like fun” he noted. “This must have cost you a lot. I didn’t know college professors were that wealthy?”

She laughed. “I’m not; I built most of this myself. I was raised on a ranch, so I’m pretty handy with tools.”

“So where did the fifty grand come from?”

“A variety of sources, I’ve had a few book published and I’ve made some money consulting for people,” she replied. “Don’t worry, I’m not broke.”

Derek nodded. “Okay, when do we get started?”

“Tomorrow, I have to mix up the spell this evening, and I don’t want to rush it,” she said.

“Sounds good,” he replied as he stared at the cage.

Chapter 8

Over steaks cooked on the outside grill, they talked about the impending experiment.

“So, do you still want to go through with it?” she asked.

Derek nodded. “I’ve thought through everything that could happen, and I’m willing to take the risk.”

“Everything?’ she asked.

“Yes, okay, first off the spell might not work,” he said as he wiped his lips with his napkin. “If it does, then there’s the possibility that I might not transform back.”

“I’ve thought about that myself.”

“Well, if I don’t and the transformation is total, then I won’t know or care,” he stated.

“And if you maintain your consciousness?”

“Well, then I get to see life from a totally different viewpoint. I suppose we should work out some signal that it’s me,” he said.

“Good idea. How about I put two signs in your cage, one will say yes and the other no. I will ask you questions and you can point to the correct sign.”

“That’s assuming I can still read; why not make them different shapes instead — say a circle for yes and a triangle for no?”

“Okay, I’ll make up the signs tonight,” she said. “Any other concerns?”

“Well, there’s the possibility that I don’t change back all the way,” he said.

“I’ve thought about that too,” she replied.

“If I do turn into some sort of man-beast, don’t let me hurt anyone,” he stated, “if you get my drift.”

“I’m not going to kill you,” she stated.

“If I am a threat, you may have to,” he replied.

“I will try to change you first. I do have a tranquilizer dart gun, and I should be able to knock you out, if you do turn into a were-coatimundi, or something like that,” she stated.

“I trust you’ll do the right thing,” he said.

She took a sip of her beer. “Why do you want to do this?”

“As I told you earlier, it’s always fascinated me, and for some reason I’ve always thought I was different, like I wasn’t in the right form, if that makes any sense to you. Maybe by doing this, I can figure out what’s been bugging me my whole life.”

“In what ways do you think you’re different? Can you give me more information?”

Derek sighed. “I just have never felt comfortable with who I am; I don’t mean my personality or sexuality, I’ve done some experimenting there; rather it’s something more basic, but I can’t put my finger on it. Does that make sense?”

“I suppose it does. I hope you find what you’re looking for,” she replied. “Well, I need to check on the brew for the spell. I suggest you relax and then go to bed; it’ll be an interesting day tomorrow.”

“I suppose you’re right. Are you sure there isn’t anything I can do to help you?”

“No, I can do it myself. Good night, Derek.”

Chapter 9

The next morning, Derek and Minda were standing in the barn. He was wearing only a robe.

“Now, once you’re comfortable inside the enclosure, drink the spell,” Minda instructed. “I’ll be right out here and will keep an eye on you.”

“How soon after I drink this will the changes start?’ he asked.

“The text doesn’t say, but I suspect it will happen pretty fast from what I can tell from the illustrations. Look, at this copy of the snake transformation,” she said as she held out a copy of the text.

Derek studied it for a minute or so and handed it back to her and smiled. “Let’s get this party started.”

He stepped inside the enclosure and slipped off the robe. He sat down on the ground and draped it over his privates. He sniffed the pungent smelling fluid in the mug and looked out at Minda.

“Okay, here goes nothing. I’ll try to tell you what is happening for as long as I can,” he stated.

Minda nodded and crossed her fingers as she watched him drink the potion. She was so nervous that she almost forgot to turn on the video camera. She caught this near mistake and turned it on. She looked at the monitor and could see that the camera was focused on Derek.

“It doesn’t taste too bad, could use some sugar; it’s a very tart,” he said as he set the mug down.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” she replied as she checked the VCR; it appeared to be operating correctly.

She noticed that he had closed his eyes and appeared to wince slightly.

“Are you okay, Derek?” she asked, as she turned to look at him directly.

He opened his eyes, and she gasped. His eyes were now reptilian in shape and color.

He appeared to try to respond, but the changes appeared to overtake his ability to speak. Minda watched in fascination as he swiftly changed into a large snake.

His arms and legs fused with his torso. The color of his body changed from flesh colored to a mottled dark brown with black spots. His underbelly was turning whitish. The texture of his skin changed, and she could see scales forming over his entire body.

His face changed, and in just a few minutes all traces of humanity were gone as his head became longer and flatter. A forked tongue began to flicker in and out of his mouth.

She glanced at her watch and was amazed to see that the change had occurred in less than ten minutes.

Derek slipped into the pool in the corner of his new home, and only his head was showing. Minda watched and tried to tell if there was any trace of his human intelligence. She replayed the tape and estimated that he was now eighteen feet long and probably weighed around two hundred pounds.

“Derek, can you understand me?’ she asked.

The large snake made no movement.

“Derek, if you can understand me, slide to the circle,” she said.

Again there was no reaction.

She tried to communicate with the snake several more times before accepting the fact that Derek couldn’t communicate with her. She was suddenly glad that she had built such a sturdy enclosure. Derek would be quite a handful to control.

She did reach into the enclosure to get the robe and mug out. Derek seemed quite content to soak in his pool and ignored her as she reached into his new home.

Two hours later, Derek slithered slowly out of his pool towards the heat lamp. He coiled up under the lamp, oblivious to the circle and triangle.

Minda noticed that his behavior was normal for an anaconda. She wondered if he would retain any memories of his new form after he returned to human.

The spell was due to last seven days, and so now all she could do was wait. It then hit her that the spell had worked, and she had to sit down in stunned silence. It had worked; she had just watched a man turn into a snake. The reality of it left her lightheaded.

She then wondered if she should feed Derek. From her research, she knew that large anacondas could go weeks, if not longer, between meals, and she wondered if Derek was hungry.

“Are you hungry, Derek?” she asked.

The snake didn’t respond.

They had discussed feeding, but Minda was still a little uneasy about giving Derek a meal; after all, snakes liked live prey. She had seen a video of an anaconda attacking and eating its prey, and it made her a little uneasy. It shouldn’t, as she was a scientist, but it did. Maybe it went back to some primal memory of when her ancestors were potential meals for large snakes.

Minda shook off her own fears and knew that Derek’s well being was what was most important. She knew what she had to do.

Chapter 10

The small pig squealed as she carried it towards Derek’s enclosure. She had bought it from a snake enthusiast in Livingston. She told him that she was looking after a friend’s snake. When she told him the size of the snake, he suggested giving it a pig and had even arranged for her to purchase one.

“Okay, Minda, you eat ham and bacon, so stop feeling bad about this,” she said aloud as dropped the young pig inside Derek’s enclosure.

What happened next shocked her. She had half expected the snake to ignore the pig, but in a flash Derek struck and began to wrap his coils around it.

She watched in fascination as he slowly suffocated the pig. The scientist in her took over as she observed Derek as he ate the pig whole. She now accepted that there must not be much human left in Derek’s present form, as the snake had little trouble with the pig. It was nature in its finest glory.

Soon all that remained of the pig was a large bulge in Derek’s body. She was pleased that he appeared to be okay and hadn’t suffered any injuries. He slowly slithered over to his heat lamp and appeared to fall asleep.

The good news was that she wouldn’t have to feed him again. Thankfully, the other forms of transformation ate more conventionally and wouldn’t need living meals.

She watched Derek and determined that he was okay. The alarm on her watch went off, and she let out a slight groan. It was getting late anyway, she thought as she stood up from her chair.

“Good night, Derek, see you in the morning,” she said

If Derek heard her, he made no sign of it. She looked at him one last time. Too bad he’s so big; otherwise she would have been tempted to examine him. However, after seeing how fast Derek struck at the pig, she knew that she couldn’t risk it.

Chapter 11

For the rest oft the week she watched Derek and wondered why anyone would ever want a snake for a pet, as they did very little.

On the morning of the seventh day, she noticed that Derek appeared more active, almost restless. He began to slither around his enclosure. It was the most active that she had seen him. Soon it became apparent why, as he began to change back into a human.

His tail began to slowly split to form legs, and arms began to appear out of his body. The color of his skin began to change, turning lighter as the texture changed, getting smoother as the scales disappeared.

She watched as his face began to reform as the reptilian shape transformed back into human.

It took less than ten minutes from when she first noticed the changes until Derek was human again.

“Derek, are you okay?” she asked anxiously.

“What happened? Didn’t it work?” he asked as he sat up slowly.

She laughed and ran to open the door of the enclosure. “Derek, it’s been a week; you were a very large anaconda.”

Derek looked around and noticed the robe and mug were gone. “What? You mean it worked?”

She handed him the robe as she nodded. “I have it all on tape. What’s the last thing you remember?”

He slipped on the robe and followed her out of the enclosure. “I felt slightly sick, as if I was feeling faint, and then nothing.”

“So you have no memories of being an eighteen foot long snake?”

He shook his head. “Too bad, I would have liked to know what it was like.”

“I’ll let you see the video, but I’m sure you’d like to clean up first,” said Minda.

“That sounds good. The strange thing is that I don’t even feel hungry.”

“I’ll talk to you about that on the way over to the house,” said Minda.

Chapter 12

As he showered, he thought about the fact that he had killed and eaten a whole pig. That was something that even his friends in the frat houses had never done.

The shower felt wonderful, and he let the hot water hit his body for almost fifteen minutes. It was when he began to dry off that he noticed something strange.

He took a deep breath and wrapped a towel around his waist. He stepped out of the shower and called out to Minda.

“What’s wrong?” she replied.

“I think you should see this,” he replied.

She entered his bedroom, and he showed her what had alarmed him.

“Is it painful?’ she asked as she stepped closer to him.

He shook his head as he pulled at a piece of skin on his arm. “It’s like after sunburn, except it doesn’t hurt.”

She watched as he pulled off a layer of his skin.

“Do you think it’s from being a snake?” he asked.

She nodded as he continued to pull off the layer of skin.

“You sure it doesn’t hurt?” she asked.

“No, it fact it feels better once it’s off,” he replied. “I think that I’m going back into the shower and try to get the rest off.”

“Wait a second, I have something that might help,” said Minda.

She left and quickly returned with a loofa. “Use this; it’s good for your skin.”

Derek nodded.

“Um, do you mind if I examine a piece of your skin?” she asked.

“No, go ahead,” he replied.

Chapter 13

Thirty minutes later, Derek stepped out of the shower. He flexed his arms and legs and was pleased with how good he now felt. He noticed that Minda had left a bottle of skin moisturizer out for him, and he used it liberally on his body.

After dressing he tracked down Minda, who was studying his skin under a microscope.

“Find anything interesting?” he asked.

She looked up and smiled. “Thankfully, no, everything looks normal. Granted, I’m no expert, but I took a lot of biology classes. I was initially worried that you might have retained some reptile after your return to human. However, it looks normal; still I’m going to send it to a friend — don’t worry, I won’t tell them who it is from.”

“That’s great; I don’t want to have to strangle my dinner from now on.”

Minda laughed. “You might not think it’s so funny when you see the tape.”

“Can we wait until after dinner? I’m famished.”

“Sure, I thought you might be hungry, and I have some chicken breasts marinating. They’ll be ready to throw on the grill as soon as the coals get hot.”

“Cool,” he replied.

“Come on, you can help me,” she said. “Tell me, besides being hungry, how do you feel?”

“Surprisingly normal. I feel like I just woke up after a very long and restful sleep,” he replied. “I’m a little disappointed, as I would have liked to have experienced life as a snake.”

“I’ve been thinking about that. Maybe the snake’s mind wasn’t advanced enough for you to comprehend what was happening. I’m hoping in the more advanced animals you can retain your human essence.”

“Cool, hey, I’m going to fix myself a sandwich while we wait for the chicken to cook,” said Derek.

Chapter 14

After dinner they watched some of the videos. Derek watched in total fascination as he transformed into the very large snake. He ate popcorn as he watched the video.

“When did you lose awareness?” Minda asked.

“Right before my eyes changed,” replied Derek. “The last thing I remembered was a sensation like a sinus headache was coming on. The next thing I remembered was waking up in the enclosure.”

They watched more of the tapes. Derek was amazed at how big he was as a snake.

“I understand why you didn’t try to inspect me,” he said.

“You’ll understand even more in a moment,” she said as held up another tape. “This is the one with the pig; you want to see it?”

Derek nodded. “Sure, why not?”

“Okay, but it’s pretty shocking,” she said.

Derek watched as he struck at the pig. “Oh my god, that was unbelievable. I can’t believe how fast that was.”

“I know, it’s a bit frightening.”

“Now, I’m really glad you didn’t go in the enclosure. I would hate to have eaten you.”

Minda laughed. “I think I would have been too big for you to swallow, but you were definitely dangerous.”

Derek watched the tape and shook his head. “So when do we do the tapir?”

“Not for a few days. I want you to recover. You lost a little weight, and even though you ate a lot of dinner, I would like you to get your weight back.”

“I only lost five pounds,” he said.

“True, but you’re the one who said that you’re a stick,” she replied.

“Okay, you win,” he answered.

“You sound disappointed,” she said.

“Well, in a way I am. I was hoping to at least experience the change. I’m hoping that you’re right and my next change will give me some insight into being an animal. Look, don’t get me wrong, this is incredible that the spell worked, but I still want to feel it; does that make sense?”

“I suppose so. I just want you to be safe. I also need to stockpile enough food to feed you,” she replied. “I suspect that the transformation process affects your metabolism. I think that’s why you’ve been so hungry.”

“Speaking of which, is there any of that chicken left?”

Minda nodded. “Of course, if you get really hungry I can always get you another pig.”

Derek started laughing and was joined by Minda. “I think I’ll stick to the barbecued chicken for now,” he replied.

Minda’s alarm on her watch went off.

“What’s that for?” he asked.

“Nothing,” she replied. “I just keep forgetting to reset it.”

Chapter 15

By the end of the week, they were ready to take on the next spell. Minda’s friend had called back and said that the skin sample was totally human, although he was curious about the size of the sample. She just explained that it was a friend who had an allergic reaction.

This time, Minda allowed Derek to watch as she mixed the ingredients together. She was using a laminated copy of the Mayan text to double check her translated notes. Noticing Derek’s interest, she explained each step.

“What does that symbol mean; the one at the top of the text?” he asked.

“I don’t know; it’s outside the text for the spell, and obviously didn’t affect the effectiveness of the snake spell,” she explained. “I’ve shown it to several friends who are experts in Mayan culture, and they couldn’t identify it.”

“Do you think it’s important?” asked Derek.

“I doubt it. If it was, it would have been in with the rest of the text. It also appears to have been done by a different person; notice how the style is different.”

Derek nodded. “I’m not worried or anything, just curious.”

‘I understand. Well, the spell is done; it has to sit for a day. Let’s go fill up your pool,” she said.

“Sounds good,” he replied.

The pool would take several hours to fill. Derek explored the large enclosure that would be his home after his transformation into a tapir. The floor was covered with earth; he crouched down and poked down with his finger.

“It’s six to eight inches deep,” said Minda, as she watched him. “I figured it would be more comfortable for you.”

Derek smiled back. He stood up to explore the rest of the enclosure. He knew that the ramps would be of little interest to a tapir, they were there for the jaguar. He turned his attention to the large boulders stacked together. He walked behind them and found a large area, hidden from the front.

“Tapirs are shy in the wild, and this area will allow you some privacy. I’ll be able to see you through the camera I have mounted up there,” stated Minda, as she pointed upward.

“Are we going to try the communication thing again?” he asked

Minda nodded. “I already set up the symbols near the front of the enclosure. Hopefully, you’ll be able to communicate with me this time.”

“I hope so,” he replied. “It will make it more interesting.”

Chapter 16

The next morning, they were standing in the enclosure together. Derek had a towel wrapped around his waist, and he was holding the mug that contained the spell.

“Are you ready?” she asked.

Derek nodded. “Do you want to leave first?”

“I’d better. I’ll be right outside; call me if you need anything.”

Derek watched as she walked out of the enclosure and locked the door from the outside.

He sniffed the mug and shrugged. It didn’t smell any worse than before. He took a deep breath and downed the solution.

Derek set the mug down on the rocks and then looked down at his hands. He rubbed his fingers together as if they were asleep.

“Is everything okay?” asked Minda.

“I have a strange tingling in my hands, and it appears to moving up my arms,” replied Derek.

“Keep talking to me for as long as you can,” she said.

“I will. I’m getting the same feeling in my toes, and it’s also moving up my legs,” he stated. He then appeared to lose his balance. He tried to steady himself for a moment before falling down to all fours.

“Talk to me, Derek,” ordered Minda.

“I can feel something happening. I can’t stand up, but there’s no pain,” he replied.

She noticed that the towel had fallen away as his stomach appeared to be growing.

“Look at my skin,” he said.

The color of his skin was turning dark brown, although his belly was turning white.

He held out his left arm and watched in fascination as his hand changed into a four toed hoof. The right hand did the same. He then noticed that he was easily walking around on all fours.

He turned to Minda and started to speak, but all that came out was a shrill whistle.

Minda watched as Derek completely changed into a tapir.

His face now had the standard cream colored markings along with the distinctive prehensile nose. The edges of his now pointed ears were also tipped with white.

She estimated that Derek was maybe four feet in length and was three feet high. He now had a small tail too.

“Derek,” she said.

The tapir looked up.

Maybe he’s still there, she thought.

“Derek, do you understand me?”

The tapir turned and walked slowly to the signs. He nudged the circle sign and let out a whistle.

“That’s wonderful, Derek!”

Derek nudged the circle again.

“Are you hungry?” she asked.

He nudged the circle again and then whistled again.

“I’ll get you some food,” she said.

A few minutes later, she was standing next to the tapir as it ate. This was so fantastic. Not only did the spell work, but Derek still had awareness. She then noticed something which caused her to shake her head in disbelief.

As Derek ate, she crouched down next to him and began to examine his body.

“I’m going to take some photos of you, Derek; is that okay? Whistle twice if it is,” she said.

Derek stopped eating his fruit long enough to whistle twice, he then went back to eating.

She took a series of photos and tried to hide her concern. She decided she wouldn’t share her concerns with Derek right now. No, she would send the photos to a friend who was zoological expert.

“I’ll be back in soon, Derek,” she said.

Derek stopped eating and rubbed against her like a cat would; he then returned back to his meal.

Chapter 17

A short time later, Minda was talking to her friend on the phone.

“It’s a nice looking Baird’s tapir — looks around a year, maybe two years old from what I can see from the photos you sent me,” explained Lynn Walsh. “She looks very healthy.”

That confirmed her fears; Derek was now female.

“Thanks. A friend sent me the photos; I’m using them in my studies of the Mayans.”

“Cool, well, it’s a fine looking animal. I can give you some information you can pass on to your friend if they’re interested in breeding her,” said Lynn.

“Okay, I will, thanks. Talk to you later,” said Minda as she hung up the phone. The spell said nothing about changing the gender of the person being transformed. Just to make sure, she pulled out the original and began to study it again.

After a few hours of studying the text, she found nothing. Then she wondered about the strange symbol above the text, maybe that had something to do with it. She glanced at her watch and headed back to see how Derek was doing.

Derek was in the pool and whistled excitedly as Minda entered the barn.

“Do you feel okay, Derek?”

Derek left the pool and pressed against the circle.

She thought about her next question. “Derek besides being a tapir, do you feel different?”

Derek stared at her for a moment and then pressed against the circle. Derek then turned and faced her and whistled loudly.

“Yes, I have noticed something about you, do you want to me tell you?”

Derek nudged the circle again.

Minda took a deep breath. “You’re female, do you understand?”

Derek stared back.

“I don’t know why, but you’re a female tapir. I confirmed this with a friend. Do you understand?”

Derek turned and pressed against the circle.

“Derek, I don’t know if this is permanent. I checked the text and there is no indication that this would happen. I’m sorry,” she said.

Derek whistled at her.

“You must hate me,” she said.

Derek pressed against the triangle over and over again.

“So you’re not angry at me?”

Derek pressed the triangle again.

“You don’t mind being female?” she asked.

Derek pressed against the triangle again.

“Wow,” she said. “I suppose it really doesn’t matter just as long as you return to being a human male.”

Derek pressed against the circle and then returned to the pool.

Chapter 18

Minda did some research on tapirs and determined that Derek was a young female, maybe two years old in tapir years, meaning she was just entering sexual maturity. Thankfully, there were no male tapirs around, so she didn’t have to worry about Derek wanting to mate. She learned that gestation lasted over four hundred days — wow, that would be something to experience.

She then wondered if Derek had been female when he had been a snake. Unfortunately, she’d never checked for gender, as she didn’t think it would be an issue. She wondered what would happen if Derek’s gender didn’t change back when the week was up.

Minda did notice that Derek didn’t seem to mind that he was now female. She spent most of her time sleeping, eating, and soaking in her pool.

Thankfully, Derek maintained her consciousness, and Minda was able to communicate with her, although at most times Derek behaved as tapir.

On the last day of Derek’s life as a tapir, Minda asked her a question.

“If it was possible, would you like to mate and get pregnant?” asked Minda. “Don’t worry; it’s strictly a hypothetical question. I have no intention of bring a male tapir here.”

Derek looked at her and then trotted over to the circle and pressed it.

Minda was shocked. “Did you feel this way earlier in the week?”

Derek pressed the triangle.

“Do you see yourself as female now?”

Derek pressed the circle.

“Wow,” she stated. Obviously, over time Derek was adapting to her new gender. “Well, you’ll be human again tomorrow.”

Derek reluctantly pressed the circle.

Chapter 19

The next morning Derek began to change back into a human. Minda watched anxiously to see what gender Derek would be. It soon became evident that Derek was becoming a man again.

“How do you feel?” asked Minda as she handed him a towel to wrap around his waist.

“Tired and hungry,” he replied as he covered himself up.

“What about inside?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I’m not sure. Part of me is a little disappointed that I’m not a woman.”

“You mean that?” she asked as they left the enclosure.

He nodded.

“Look, after you shower and change, we’ll talk about this over lunch. Do you have any preferences?”

He smiled. “No salad, please. I need something more substantial”

Minda laughed. “I guess you got your share for the last week.”

Chapter 20

Minda cooked burgers for lunch, and she noticed that Derek was ravenous.

“Is your body the same?” she asked.

Derek nodded as he swallowed a bite of the burger. “Everything is functional.”

Minda laughed. “That’s more than I wanted to know, but thanks for telling me.”

“Inside, I still feel a little different. You remember when you asked me if I wanted to mate?”

Minda nodded.

“I would have done that without hesitation,” he replied.

“Well, judging by your size, you looked like a tapir just entering sexual maturity, maybe it was your animal chemistry.”

“I don’t know; it felt deeper than that,” he replied.

“Did you ever feel that you wanted to be a woman before all this happened?”

“I thought about it, but more in the terms of the transformation than really wanting to be a woman, if that makes sense,” he replied.

“Do you still feel that way?”

He nodded as he took another bite of his burger.

“I’m not sure we should continue,” said Minda. “I mean, I now know the spells work.”

Derek shook his head. “Please don’t stop just because of what happened last time.”

“Derek, you changed genders; I have no idea why that happened, and what will we do if you don’t change back?”

“Hey, it’s my life,” he said.

“That’s not good enough. How would we explain it? How would you function?” she stated as she counted off the reasons on her fingers.

“I’m sure we could figure something out. Look, I never felt so at ease as I have the past week. I felt very comfortable being female, even though I wasn’t human at the time,” he replied.

“And what happens to you if you don’t change back?”

“Well, the spells have worked so far, so I don’t expect any problems with the jaguar spell… and if I stay a big cat, send me to zoo or an animal preserve,” he said.

“I don’t know; this isn’t what I expected,” said Minda.

“Look, I don’t mind. I feel normal and have no desire to be a woman right now. I am willing to take the risks,” he answered. “Please, Minda, I need this.”

“Okay, but you have a week to change your mind,” she replied.

“Thank you,” he answered. “Now let me tell you what it was like being a tapir all week.”

Chapter 21

The week passed quickly for Minda as she studied the text to determine if the mystery symbol had something to do with Derek being a female. So far, she was stymied, as no one had ever seen the symbol before.

Soon they were standing outside the large enclosure. Derek had a big smile on his face and a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Are you sure you want to go through with this?’ she asked.

He nodded.

“There’s no harm in waiting. I would prefer to know more about the mystery symbol.”

“That could take years. Look, I don’t blame you if something happens; this is my decision,” stated Derek firmly.

She gave him a hug. “Okay, go on in.”

He opened the door and stepped inside. Minda locked the door behind him.

He held up the mug, and without another word, he drank it down.

“Let me know as soon as you feel something happening,” stated Minda from outside the cage.

“I will,” he replied.

At first nothing appeared to be happening. Derek sat down on one of the ramps and crossed his legs.

Minda then noticed something. “Derek, look at your chest.”

He looked down and saw that he was developing breasts. He gasped as he cupped them in his hands.

“Oh my god!” he exclaimed. His voice sounded higher pitched.

Minda could only watch as he continued to turn into a young woman. He stood up and the towel dropped down to show that his hips were larger. His penis was disappearing before their very eyes as it transformed into a vagina.

Derek was now a very attractive young woman in every aspect.

“I can’t believe this!’ he stated. A large smile was forming on his face.

“Derek, turn around!” ordered Minda.

She obeyed and discovered that a tail was forming at the base of her back. When Derek turned back around, Minda could see that Derek’s face was changing.

Her ears were pointed, and her nose and mouth were extending into a feline shaped snout. Whiskers began to sprout out on either side of her nose.

Orange and black molted spots began to form all over her body, and a fine layer of fur began to sprout out all over.

Minda snapped out of her shock. “Derek, are you okay?”

A semi-smile formed on Derek’s feline face. “Thiisss is incredible…. I don’t … know where to begin…..”

Minda noticed Derek was having trouble speaking.

“Take your time,” she ordered as she looked at what was best described as a cat-woman.

Derek was now covered in fur, but still had human form. Her breasts were still very prominent, as was her female figure. Derek’s face was a mix of human and cat characteristics.

Minda watched as Derek’s eyes changed shape and color. They were now larger and round. The color was now yellow.

“Talk to me, Derek!” ordered Minda.

Derek nodded and held out her hands and watched as they became paws. Her fingers retracted and large claws sprouted from her nails.

He opened his mouth to speak, but all that came out was a growling sound. Minda noticed that Derek now had large fangs in her mouth.

Derek’s cat-person form only lasted for a few minutes as she fell down to all fours and changed completely into a full-grown female jaguar.

“Derek, can you understand me?’ asked Minda.

Derek made a sound that sounded like a loud purr and moved to the circle and pawed at it.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

Derek pawed at the circle again and then looked at Minda.

“That was incredible,” stated Minda as she looked over and saw that she had remembered to turn on the camera.

Derek pawed against the circle again.

Derek was now around five feet in length, not including her tail, and stood around two feet at her shoulders.

“Are you hungry?”

Derek pawed at the circle again.

“I’ll get you some din-din, kitty,” replied Minda.

Derek let out a growl and then started to purr loudly again.

“Great, I have a jaguar that has a sense of humor,” she said as she got her dinner. She had recently purchased a steer, and she hoped that it would be enough to feed Derek for the week.

“Okay, I’m coming in with your food,” said Minda.

Derek moved to the back of the enclosure as if to show she had no intention of either escaping or attacking.

Minda left the beef in a large steel bowl and stepped out of the enclosure. Derek growled and moved swiftly to her dinner.

Minda watched in awe as Derek devoured nearly forty pounds of beef in just a few minutes. Derek then stretched and flopped down by the pool.

“You know, Derek really doesn’t fit you now,” said Minda. “Do you have any objections to me giving you a female name? Growl twice if it’s okay.”

Derek let out a pair of growls.

“How do you feel about Dominique?” she asked. “I have a friend in Belize with that name who studies cats like you.”

Derek stared back and then let out two growls.

“Dominique it is,” said Minda. “You know, I have to admit that when you were part cat and part human, it was a bit erotic.”

Dominique looked up and cocked her head.

“Maybe that is part of the reason for the spells. Mayan myth has lots of tales of shape shifters; maybe this is where they came from,” said Minda. “I wonder if the transformation back to human will be similar.”

Dominique began to lick one of her paws.

Minda then decided to ask the cat another question. “Do you have a mating instinct?”

Dominique growled twice without hesitation.

Minda knew from her online research that if Dominique had a mating instinct, it also meant that she was in heat. She would have to watch Dominique very carefully as her instinct to seek a mate would be strong and she might try to escape.

“And are you happy being female?’

Dominique growled twice again and returned to her grooming.

Minda nodded and then a strange thought entered her head. If Derek became female, she wondered if she would become male if she took the spell.

Chapter 22

Dominique was soon asleep in the back corner of her enclosure. Minda still couldn’t get rid of the image of the half-human half-cat person that Derek/Dominique had been. Minda watched the video and had to fight off the feelings of being aroused.

She’d had a fling or two with other women, and it had always been very satisfying. But this was different. Minda stared at the video of Dominique just before she started to transform into a cat. The longer she stared at the video, the more aroused she became. Her nipples hardened, and she began to rub herself as she fantasized about Dominique. She knew that it was wrong, but she couldn’t stop thinking about it. The feelings were overwhelming.

She had noticed that Dominique had been marking her territory in the enclosure and the aroma seemed to be increasing her own arousal.

She debated satisfying herself right there, but she wondered what it would do to Dominique, so she headed back to the house. She barely made it inside the house before she was stripping off her clothes. The feeling was almost primal and very strong.

She sprawled out on her bed and began to finger her vagina as she reached for the vibrator that she kept in her nightstand. Thankfully, she found it without having to stop, and soon she was vigorously working the vibrator in and out of her body.

It didn’t take her long to work up to an orgasm, and she screamed out in pleasure as she came. Wave after wave of sexual satisfaction swept through her body. Her moans turned to almost animalistic sounds as she let all her feelings out.

When it was over, she was exhausted, but it felt wonderful; her orgasm felt like it had swept through every part of her body. She barely had the energy to pull out the vibrator and turn it off.

When Minda woke up, she felt wonderfully refreshed. In all her years, she had never had such a wonderful sexual experience. As she showered, she wondered if it was related to Dominique. The scientist in her took over, and she suspected that it couldn’t just be a coincidence. Maybe the transformation was part of a ritual, she thought. Sex was used in many ancient rituals.

She dressed and checked her computer. There was a message from a plant supply company in Belize.

“Crap,” cursed Minda as she read the message.

Minda then headed back to the barn. Dominique was still asleep in the back corner, just like the many house cats she had had as pets over the years. Minda smiled.

She took out a photocopy of the Mayan text and went through it with a fresh set of eyes. She had to have missed something in her original translation.

Two hours later, she was still studying the text with no new insight. Dominique was now up and exploring her enclosure. Minda was tempted to go inside with the large beautiful cat, but decided that it wouldn’t be a good idea. What if Dominique escaped?

“Are you okay, Dominique?” she asked.

The cat growled twice and continued to explore.

“Would you be happy if you stayed a cat?”

Dominique stopped for a second, then let out two short growls.

“You mean that?’

Dominique growled twice again.

“I can’t wait until we can have a better conversation,” said Minda. “Oh, I do have some bad news. I can’t do the last spell. It requires a flower blossom that isn’t available right now. The plant is very rare and only blooms under certain conditions. Unfortunately, the weather conditions haven’t been right this summer.”

Dominique stopped and stared at Minda with a look that almost looked like sadness.

“Hey, I’m disappointed too. Well, enjoy your week as a beautiful cat, and we’ll talk about it when you change back,” said Minda. “Are you hungry yet?”

Dominique growled once and went back to exploring her enclosure. Minda noticed that Dominique spent a lot of time sniffing the area where she had spent time as a tapir. Minda wondered if Dominique’s jaguar instincts were taking over; after all, tapirs were on the jaguar menu in the wild.

The big cat moved gracefully in her enclosure, bounding up the ramps to explore the upper area. Minda felt slightly envious of Derek/Dominique.

Chapter 23

The week passed quickly for both Minda and Dominique. Minda was pleased that she was able to communicate with the jaguar, and that Dominique didn’t loose her human consciousness.

On the morning of the last day, Minda watched Dominique carefully to see signs of change. Part of her hoped that she would undergo the same sort of change as before.

“Do you feel any different?” she asked.

Dominique growled once, then paused and growled twice.

Minda sat up and watched as Dominique began to change. Her body began to regain human form. Dominique was soon standing on her legs, but she was still feline in many ways.

Her fur wasn’t as thick, but it still covered her body from head to the tip of her tail. Large shapely breasts formed on her chest, and her body took on the look of a centerfold. She had big breasts, a thin waist and prominent hips and ass.

Dominique’s face morphed to look more human, but she still had whiskers and pointy cat ears. Her eyes were still round and orange

Her whole body was covered in the pattern of a jaguar. Her body was covered in orange and black, with touches of white around her cheeks. Her breasts and belly also had white fur.

Dominique ran her half hand-half paws over her body, as if she was exploring it. She still had claws but they were not as prominent.

“Are you okay?” asked Minda.

“I feel wonderful,” purred Dominique, as she ran a hand across her breast.

Minda found that she was doing the same as she stared back at the cat-woman. “You are stunning.”

Dominique’s tongue ran across her lips, and then she opened her mouth to show that her teeth, while big and appearing sharp, were almost human.

“I feel so… so alive and hot!” moaned Dominique. She then looked at Minda and smiled again. “Please…. Please join me.”

Minda stared back and felt as if she was falling under a spell herself, the more she stared into Dominique’s eyes. She felt her breathing get heavier and feelings of sexual arousal growing.

“I won’t hurt you, Minda,” said Dominique. “I just want to be with you. Please.”

Minda couldn’t take her eyes off Dominique and walked slowly to the cage’s entrance; the whole time she was undressing herself.

She hesitated slightly at the door, but the sexual drive was too strong, and she entered the cage, closing the door behind her.

Minda walked slowly up to Dominique, who held out her hand. Minda took it and was soon in Dominique’s embrace. They began to kiss, soft at first, but building with passion. Minda became aware of the musky aroma of Dominique’s fur, which only seemed to increase her own arousal.

Dominique pulled her gently down to the ground, and they began to roll around in the cool moist earth that lined the cage’s floor.

Their hands began to explore each other’s body. Minda was relieved that Dominique, while still having claws and fangs, was very gentle.

Even though Dominique had a very feminine physique, Minda could also feel that she was very muscular under her fur. It added to her own arousal.

As both were female, they aroused each other through touch, gradually increasing their states of arousal. Their bodies seemed to synch together as they worked up to climax.

Minda felt Dominique’s fangs bite her neck playfully and gently, but she instinctively knew that she wasn’t in danger. She returned the favor, and this only seemed to make Dominique more amorous.

It was also obvious that, while Dominique could have easily dominated Minda physically, she seemed more interested in making it a sharing experience. Both took turns as the aggressor until they were both worked up to the point of a sexual explosion.

As they came, Minda felt Dominique’s claws against her back; they pressed close, scratching slightly, but it was obvious that Dominique didn’t want to hurt her.

Minda’s moans of pleasure combined with Dominique’s growls to produce a strange combination of sound that echoed through the barn.

They collapsed in each other’s arms as if all their energy was gone.

Chapter 24

Slowly, Minda felt her strength return, and she opened her eyes, not sure what she would see next to her.

Lying next to her was a tall blonde haired woman.

“Dominique?” she asked.

The young woman slowly sat up and looked down at her body. “Oh my god, I’m still a woman!”

Minda sat up and brushed her sweaty hair out of her eyes. Dominique was covered with mud, and Minda reached over and wiped some off her cheek.

“I guess we could both use a shower,” said Minda.

Dominique nodded. “You look a mess yourself.”

“So what do we do now?’ asked Minda.

“Let’s shower,” said Dominique.

Minda shook her head. “I mean, you’re a woman now.”

“I know, isn’t it cool?”

“You don’t mind?” asked Minda as she stood up.

Dominique shook her head as she followed suit. She gently touched her chest with her fist. “That feeling of being different that I told you about?”

Minda nodded.

“It’s gone. I feel complete, I can’t explain it, but that wanting I had my whole life is gone!”

“How do we explain this?” asked Minda.

“We can talk about that later,” said Dominique.

Minda stared into the young woman’s face, and Dominique reached over and touched Minda’s cheek. “Don’t be sad, I’m really happy now.”

“Okay, but we have a lot to talk about,” said Minda.

They stepped out of the enclosure together, holding hands.

“What time is it?” asked Dominique.

“My god, look, it’s dark outside!” said Minda. She picked up her watch and looked at it. “It’s ten-thirty; we must have been asleep for a while.”

“I feel rested,” said Dominique. “Well, since it’s dark, we can just walk to the house without getting dressed.”

Minda laughed. “You obviously still have a wild side.”

“Meow,” replied Dominique.

Chapter 25

They quickly walked across the yard to the house; even though there was no one that would see them, it was a chilly night.

“Makes me wish I still had my fur,” complained Dominique as they entered the house.

Dominique entered first, and when Minda turned on the light, she gasped.

“What’s wrong?” asked Dominique as she turned around.

“Your back! Quick, come over here; there a mirror in the hall,” said Minda as she grabbed Dominique by the hand.

Dominique looked over her shoulder and her eyes opened wide.

Down her spine, starting at the base of her neck and running down to her tail bone was a two inch wide stripe that mimicked the pattern of a jaguar. Then starting at the base of her spine was the image of a jaguar’s tail curving up her back.

“It looks like a tattoo,” noted Dominique, as she looked over her shoulder at her reflection in the mirror.

Minda ran her finger down it. “I thought I saw something as we walked out of the barn, but I just thought it was mud.” She then gasped again.

“Now what?” asked Dominique.

“In the pattern, right near where the base of your tail… the Mayan symbol is there!” exclaimed Minda.

Dominique nodded as she looked at it and then glancing over at Minda and smiled. “You have the same symbol in the same place.”

Minda turned around. “This is unbelievable.”

“It’s a pretty cool souvenir,” said Dominique. “I like it, and yours too.”

Minda stared at Dominique. “Were you this wild as a guy?”

“No, but I always thought about getting a tattoo. Hey, you know, I don’t look that different. I mean, I look like a woman, but I could look like my sister, if I had one,” said Dominique.

Minda nodded her head in agreement. “I have to agree. You know, this will make things a little easier for you.”

“How’s that?’ asked Dominique.

“Well, since you don’t look that different, you could just say that you got a sex change, assuming this is permanent,” said Minda.

“That makes sense,” said Dominique. She then cocked her head. “Don’t you think this is permanent?”

“Dominique, we’re treading new territory here, I have no idea. I do suggest that you have a full physical,” stated Minda.

“Do you think I may have cat DNA?”

Minda shook her head. “I doubt it. If the spell caused the person to switch back, I doubt the Mayans would have kept using it. No, I’m more concerned that you find out if you’re healthy; also, you need to know if you’re fertile.”

“Whoa, I hadn’t thought of that,” she replied.

“You did when you were a cat… and a tapir too,” answered Minda.

“It’s a lot to think about,” said Dominique.

“I agree, but standing here naked in my hallway isn’t the way to solve any of our issues.”

Dominique nodded. “I suppose we should clean up.”

“I agree, do you want to take a shower or will you lick yourself clean?’ she asked.

Dominique laughed. “Very funny. I’ll take a shower.”

Chapter 26

After showering, Dominique dressed in a t-shirt and running shorts; they were the only clothes that fit her new body.

She came out to the kitchen and found Minda standing over the stove.

“I’m heating up some stew,” she said.

“It smells wonderful,” replied Dominique.

Minda glanced over and noticed Dominique’s wardrobe. “We’ll head into town tomorrow and get you a better wardrobe. I should have a few things that might fit you.”

“Sounds good,” she replied.

“I have a lot of questions, but the first one is, how do you feel?” asked Minda, as she stirred the stew.

“Great,” replied Dominique. “I feel the best that I’ve ever felt in my life.”

“I feel the same way,” replied Minda. “I feel like I was a kid again.”

“You know, you look younger. I thought it was my imagination at first, but you look much younger,” said Dominique.

“I feel wonderful.”

“Do you think it had something to do with what we did in the barn?” asked Dominique as she sniffed the stew.

Minda nodded. “It may be the reason why the spells were used. It may have been a way of revitalizing the royalty or clergy. I suspect that you would have had sex with me if I was a man. I noticed that being around you, I became aroused.”

“That would explain some of what happened, but why would a man turn into a woman? Does the text show anything?”

Minda shook her head. “No, and it may have been left off on purpose. I mean, if the masses found out about this, it would have caused all kinds of problems.”

“So, you’re not going to publish a paper on it anytime soon?” asked Dominique.

“No, I think we’ll keep it our secret for now, tigresa,” replied Minda, using the term the locals called a female jaguar.

Dominique laughed. “Very funny, but it is fitting considering what has happened to me.”

“I have another question for you, and I don’t know how to ask it,” said Minda.

“I think I know what you’re going to ask,” said Dominique.

Minda bit her lip slightly. “What happened back in the barn — I know that part of that was the spell, but I felt something for you, and I don’t mean because you were a cat-woman….”

“I still feel something for you,” interrupted Dominique, as she brushed her hair back. “I was hoping that you felt the same thing.”

Minda smiled and then kissed Dominique.

“Is that a yes?” asked Dominique.

“Yes, tigresa,” replied Minda.

“Have you always liked women?” asked Dominique.

“A little, but not like it feels now,” replied Minda.

“I only have desires for you; maybe it’s due to the spell, but I’m not complaining.”

Minda smiled back and kissed Dominique. “Neither am I, my tigresa.”

Chapter 27

“That outfit doesn’t look bad on you,” noted Minda as she glanced over at Dominique, who was sitting in the passenger seat.

Dominique was dressed in a short denim skirt, and a white cotton blouse. On her feet were sandals. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a short ponytail.

“Thankfully, we found something that fit,” replied Dominique.

“Well, we should be able to get you a nice workable wardrobe,” said Minda.

“How do we explain the fact that we’re buying everything from soup to nuts?”

“The airline lost your luggage, and my dear tigresa, you don’t have nuts anymore!”

Dominique playfully punched Minda in the shoulder.

“Oh, you also need to get your hair styled,” added Minda.

“I suppose you’re right,” said Dominique, as she looked in the rear view mirror.

“Look, you’re a student; just consider this the first of many lessons on how to be a woman. By the time I’m done with you, no one will suspect that you were once a man… or a jaguar or a tapir.”

“Or a snake,” added Dominique.

“I’ll also make appointments for us with my doctor,” said Minda.

“Why both of us?’

“You said it yourself last night, I look younger, and I have the same mark as you. I just want to see if there are any other changes,” replied Minda, her voice tailing off.

“What’s wrong?” asked Dominique sensing that Minda was holding something back.

“Why do you think something is wrong?” asked Minda as she kept looking straight ahead.

“Woman’s intuition,” replied Dominique with a laugh. “Seriously, I’m a pretty good poker player, and you have a really bad poker face. “

Minda nodded and then pulled off the road and onto the shoulder. She then turned to Dominique.

“I didn’t think it was necessary to tell you before. I mean, I didn’t think we’d become close or anything like that,” said Minda.

“What’s wrong?” asked Dominique, as she reached over and took Minda’s hands into hers.

“One of the hazards of being in the field is that you get exposed to all sorts of illnesses. I picked up one last year; it’s not contagious or anything like that, but there’s no known cure. I’ve been treating the symptoms, but eventually it will kill me. My doctors have given me one maybe two years.”

“That’s why your watch keeps going off; it’s to remind you to take your meds, right?”

Minda nodded. “But, for some reason, I think I may be cured. The disease made me lethargic in the morning, among other things, but this morning I woke and felt great.”

“That’s a pretty big stretch,” said Dominique.

“I know, and that’s why I want to be checked out. I’ll still take my meds until I get the results, but I feel wonderful.”

“Is that why you wanted to see if the spells worked?”

“I don’t know, maybe. I thought that if the spell worked, maybe I could buy some time, give my body a chance; does that make sense?”

Dominique smiled. “Look, I did this just because I wanted to experience the sensation of transformation. You wanted to save your life.”

“I also found something to live for,” added Minda as she leaned over and kissed Dominique.

Chapter 28

Two weeks later, Dominique and Minda were sitting on the porch at sunset watching elk work their way out of the tree line.

They had just finished dinner and were holding hands and drinking coffee as they watched the elk.

“I had no idea they were so big,” remarked Dominique.

“Yes, you would have had quite a time trying to bring one down, tigresa,” said Minda.

“Well, we’ll never know, will we,” she replied.

“No more trips to the animal world?” asked Minda.

Dominique shook her head. “I got what I want.”

Minda leaned over and kissed her. “So did I.”

Her blood work results had come back that morning, and the doctors were stunned that she showed no signs of the disease. They cited some cases of total remission, but they were very rare.

Dominique’s physical had shown that she was a very healthy young woman. All her blood work came back normal. Minda had even sent a sample to a friend to check out, and it also came back clean, no sign of anything abnormal in the subject’s DNA.

“I’ll place a call to the university about your transfer,” said Minda. “I doubt there will be any problems. I’ll also clear the gender change issue with them. You should be able to start the winter semester if you want.”

“I’m in no hurry. I’m busy in my studies from Minda U,” replied Dominique. “No, I’ll wait until spring or maybe next fall. I want to get all my ID changed too.”

“I’ve already talked to a lawyer in Billings, and she says that she can take care of it for you.”

“Sounds good. I just want to take it easy for now and spend time with you,” replied Dominique snuggled closer.”

“I know the feeling,” replied Minda. “Oh, I got a call from a publisher friend, and she thinks my book idea would be a best seller.”

“I thought you weren’t going to write about the text?” asked Dominique.

“It’s going to be science-fiction, that way I can make it more believable!” replied Minda with a laugh.

Dominique also laughed.

“I also want to make sure you get your new passport soon. We need to go down to Central America and research the text. It’s obvious that the unknown symbol had something to do with the changes in both of us.”

“I can’t wait,” replied Dominique. “We can use that money you gave me to pay for the trip.”

“It’s getting cool, tigresa; I think it’s time we went inside and warmed up,” cooed Minda as she leaned over and kissed her lover on the lips.

“Mrrrrrow,” purred Dominique, rubbing herself against her new partner.

The End

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Meow!

Darrrrling that was just purrrrrrrrfect!

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

“Mrrrrrow"

Giggles.

nice story.

DogSig.png

Cats Tale

Interesting....Different for her......a bit scary.

I think its a nice Cats Tale

Led to a discovery between the 2 main characters I found rather nice and sweet! If only real life could end that way.....

" “It’s getting cool, tigresa; I think it’s time we went inside and warmed up,” cooed Minda as she leaned over and kissed her lover on the lips.

“Mrrrrrow,” purred Dominique, rubbing herself against her new partner.

The End ?....."

Hug's Julie O!

Sephrena Miller

Cats

I enjoyed reading cats and even if it is a change of pace for Julie O it still fits in the Julieverse. She seems to be covering a lot of ground in her,(I don't know.. Myths and Gods/Goddresses?). Minoian, American Indian, Greek and now Mayan are the ones I am aware of. Is Asia next? As always with Julie's stories I enjoyed the read! Mmeoow! Fun and Hugs!

Short and Sweet

A interesting tale.

Will we see more of these two in the future? The bit with the tatoos was wierd but in magic/fantacy it's possible. Does this mean they are both now shapeshifters?

My cats give this one two tails up!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Another JulieO hit!

Julie -- Once again you hit the nail on the head, not to mention trip all my triggers!

Even though this is your first foray into TF/TG fiction, I must say you did another incredible job and once again solidifies my belief you should be doing this professionally.

Keep up the great job, and I can't wait for another epic from my favorite author!

Hugs,
Marlene

A Wonderful Story

So far, I haven't met a Julie O. story that I haven't liked. That most definitely includes this one!

It takes a courageous author to step away from successful formulas and successful themes and try completely new things. It takes a pretty darned good one to make them work, and especially so consistently.

This story not only works, it works quite well. It never lags, and it keeps a note of suspense and mystery right up to the very satisfying ending, and beyond. Can I assume that we might meet these characters in a follow-up adventure some day?

Julie, you've had so many interesting stories, with interesting characters lately, that I'm torn between wanting to see further adventures of the ones you've created already, and waiting to see what you'll come up with next! Ummm... can you do both? (*giggle*)

Yes, Julie O can do it.

Pippa said, "Julie, you've had so many interesting stories, with interesting characters lately, that I'm torn between wanting to see further adventures of the ones you've created already, and waiting to see what you'll come up with next! Ummm... can you do both? (*giggle*)"

Julie certainly can. She, Bob, and I are currently working on "Coeds," the tale that brings together Jirra, Beth, Celeste, and other familiar characters at UPenn. That will be a long one and may take some time to finish. However, Julie has also written a shorter story that is entered in Sapphire's Halloween contest and another short one that was just posted at Stardust today.

I'm sure that you'll continue to see a wide variety of stories from Julie O for a long time to come.

Amelia

"Reading rots the mind." - Uncle Analdas

"Reading rots the mind." - Uncle Analdas