My Summer Time Romance

Printer-friendly version
My Summer Time Romance

By Stanman63
Thanks To JennaFL For Proofing And Nora Adrienne for editing!

Synopsis:Two friends figure a way to get into the Spring Dance, where going Stag is not allowed. One will go as the other's date. The gambit is a dream come true for one.

[-][+][-]

Boys will be boys is what people say to explain why some boys are so mean, but some girls are just as mean. But there are also boys who make pretty girls, I should know because I'm one of them and couldn't be happier.

Let me tell you how a former boy became a happily married woman. My name is now Jodi Gray, married to Garrison Gray now, but I was Jody Foster. Back when this started I was a typical boy in Centerville Grammar School where I met my best friend, Garrison, Gary to his friends.

The school had been rebuilt after a tornado destroyed it back in nineteen eighty one, just after our parents had graduated. The new built school had a full basement in the main building that was our lunchroom, supplies and emergency generator with the office and auditorium on top, with the gym behind the office.

The North Wing was for the kindergarten thru second grade while the South Wing was for the third and fourth grade with a fenced in playground in front of both with parking spaces behind them and the gym.

[-][+][-]

In Grammar School, I was on the softball team as shortstop and soccer team as goalie. I had fun playing until one day Coach Andrews asked a favor of me that changed my life. The Girl's Teams needed another girl or forfeit the season, and ever since the new ruling concerning transgendered kids, a boy who thought that he was a girl had to be allowed to play on the girl's teams.

I was asked because I had gone to Main Street Church as a ballerina, so she hoped that I was one, or at least that I'd say that I was one. My parents agreed to let me on the condition that I was released when another girl joined the team.

Since I was a boy on the girl's team, I had to wear a bodysuit so that I looked like a girl and had to dress as a girl, too. Coach Andrews paid for my new wardrobe and bodysuit which was only fair. But I secretly liked being a girl for awhile.

I stayed in girl mode for a month when Viki, Riki, and Niki Moore joined the team, letting me return to boy mode, but I secretly kept on wearing panties and hose under my school uniform. And since I'd joined the swim team, my panties were seen as swim trunks since they were actually bikini bottoms.

I was a small, skinny boy all through school, and thanks to my athletic activities, was quick and nimble. I was one of Centerville High School's top athletes, but like my best friend, had no date for the Prom. That is what set me up for the greatest revelation in my life.

"Hey, Jody! Wait up," Gary yelled.

"What'cha need, Bro?"

"Like you, a date for the Prom."

"Yeah, but where are we gonna get dates? If not for Steve and his stupid prank, we'd have dates," I fumed.

"Yeah, he set us up to look like fools by getting us to run into the Girl's Locker Room. Good thing that everybody believed that it was a mistake."

"What else could they do since it happened at Grayson Community Center and it'd was its grand opening."

"Well, I have a way for us BOTH to win at getting dates."

"Oh?"

"Yes, YOU go as a girl and I'll take you!"

"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!"

"Jody, I know that you still wear panties and hose. So, why not go all the way?"

"Because I DON'T have a bodysuit!"

"I'll rent you one."

"Will you also buy the clothing?"

He was crazy, crazy like a fox! He knew that I'd capitulate because I could NEVER resist a challenge!

Mom was waiting for us in her Ford Cavalier, "OK, what crazy scheme did Gary come up with?" She knew from the way that I was acting. I never threw my arms around, unless Gary had done something to set me off.

"He wants for me to be his date at the Prom!" I announced as we got in.

"Jody, do you want to dress as a girl, again? You know that this is the perfect chance. And you two are well known to pull off crazy stunts like this."

"More than anything, Mom. But going to the Prom as a girl is crazy! Last time I played a girl in a play, I had to use heavy makeup to hide my beard. I may look like you, but I'm as male as Dad is. Good thing that Chuck takes after Dad."

"Jody, your dad and I know that you want to be a girl," she stated.

I sat back in the seat, deflated, "How?" I whispered.

"You can't hide the fact that you're wearing a panty, nor tights."

"So? I'm taking ballet."

"Jody, I've seen you in your room, wearing my clothes. So has your dad. Either let me turn you into the pretty girl that I know that you are, or give it up, entirely."

Like I said, I NEVER refuse a challenge, "You're on, MOMMA! But if I am not pretty, no deal, and I keep taking ballet."

"You're on."

[-][+][-]

Momma had a bodysuit ready for me on my bed. So I took a long, warm bubble bath that denuded my body, leaving me hairless except for the hair on my head and eyebrows. Slipping on the bodysuit, I looked like Momma's twin, except that she has blue eyes, I have hazel.

I went to Momma's bedroom where sat me down at her vanity, "Jody, you have denied the girl inside you all of these years. Yet she has been peeking out, waiting for her moment to shine. You don't realize it, but when you relax and let go, she comes out. That's why you get chosen to play a girl's part in plays. Mrs. Rickshaw knows other actresses who were born boys. She has nurtured you in the hopes of seeing you blossom. Are you ready?"

As she was speaking, Momma was styling my hair and applying my makeup so that the bodysuit would have a template to use for its nanobots that would restructure my body into a woman's. I could already feel it working in me, rearranging my gender as it turned my male parts into female, which is why I was sitting on a towel, to soak up any discharge.

"Yes, Momma. I just hope that Daddy isn't mad about me wanting to be a girl, I cried.

"Jody, your daddy has been in the Marines with your brother Michael ever since he enlisted. Both know that you are really a girl and that Gary loves you and sees you as a girl. They are waiting to see you at the Prom as their Princess. Are you about to disappoint TWO rugged HE-MEN?"

I relaxed as my fears of hurting Daddy and Michael washed away, "No, I dare not. Many are the challenges that I undertake, but hurting FAMILY is a no-no," I giggled.

Mom spritzed me with perfume, slipped a pair of diamond studs into my ears and adorned my neck and arms with matching necklace, bracelet and watch, "This was a gift set that my Auntie Ruth gave to me before she passed away for me to give to my daughter, or granddaughter. There is a matching tiara, but let's wait for the Prom and gown to get it out, OK?"

"OK."

She had me wear flesh tone bra and panty with pantyhose and led me into her fitting room where her customers came for their final fitting. Momma was a seamstress and altered clothing as well as made clothes for men and women. The local sports teams and theater groups called upon her to make customized uniforms and costumes.

"Now you can look" she said.

As I stood there looking at my reflection, I went into shock. I saw the Princess that my family and Gabe saw. I saw two beautiful women standing there, only by looking closely, could I see Momma's faint laugh lines around her eyes. No wonder Daddy called Momma Dyno-Mite, with her red hair and Irish temper, you risked getting her mad at your own peril.

"I AM BEAUTIFUL," I whispered as my mind finally processed the fact that now I was the girl that I wanted to be. I had been hiding behind an image that others saw through. They had protected me from those who'd get a sick, perverse pleasure out of hurting me.

I had heard of cases where a girl in transition had been murdered by teens who were tried as adults and sent to prison for life where I hoped that they were rewarded for their crime by being introduced to the System's Justice and learned all about being on the receiving end.

I heard the doorbell ring, so Momma and I headed for the door," Jodi, stay out of sight in case it's Gary."

"Why?"

"You want for him to get a good look at you. In fact, go to my room and put on my pink sundress with matching sandals."

I rushed to her bedroom and found the items she told me to wear. They fit me perfectly, the sundress's mid-thigh hem and fitted bodice left no doubt about my being a girl. And I even put on a pink panty and bra for modesty's sake.

I slowly walked to the front door where Momma was talking to Gary.

"WOW! Jody, you're amazing!

"Gary, take care of Jodi for me. She is my only daughter," she sighed.

"Mrs. Gray, I won't let a thing happen to her."

Momma handed me a pink purse, "Jodi, here is your purse with everything that you'll need, even your new I.D."

I kissed her, "Thanks, Momma."

Gary and I had fun that day, playing miniature golf, and shopping for our favorite hobby, collecting miniatures. We both collected Micro Machines and modified them into our own versions as well as keeping them in their original shape. We spent many an endless hour in his basement hanging our prizes from thread and storing them on the shelves behind glass to keep them safe.

I felt safe with Gary, and knew then that we were meant for each other, but being a Lady, I would wait for him to propose.

[-][+][-]

In the morning I wore a simple shorts outfit over my bra and panty so that I could go to 'Madame Mozelle's Boutique' to have the 'WORKS' done. By that afternoon, I had been given the once over that only a beauty parlor can do. Now I had firsthand experience in the what a woman does to become beautiful.

Everybody knew that it was me that was Gary's date, but no one dared to try anything since Daddy and Michael were there in their Dress Blues.

"DADDY! MICHEAL!" I yelled when I saw them across the floor.

"Hello, Princess. You have a hug for Daddy," he asked with a laugh.

"DO I!?" I exclaimed as I ran to him and gave him a bear hug. It's a good thing that my sky blue gown was floor length, or I'd have been on display.

"You are as beautiful as Cassie, your mother. Not even she could look more beautiful wearing that tiara and matching jewelry."

"Thanks, Daddy."

"Hey, Sis. what about me, your big brother?" Michael laughed. "Don't I rate a hug?"

I sauntered over to him and gave him another bear hug, "Michael, you rate so much more than a simple hug. Just like Daddy."

"Sis, Daddy has Momma, and I have a girl. What more could we want?"

"To see me get married."

He looked at Gary, "If it's him, Daddy and I approve."

"So do I," announced Momma who was wearing a sea green gown like mine with matching emerald jewelry.

"I guess that I should have known that you guys would all be here," I sighed.

Gary came up to me and knelt before me, holding out a gold ring, "Jodi, I have loved you for years. And now that your family is here, I must declare my undying love for you."

"Gary, I love you too, but will it be enough?"

Then he sang 'Girl,' by Davy Jones


Girl, look what you`ve done to me,
Me, and my whole world,
Girl, you brought the sun to me,
With your smile, you did it girl,

I`m telling you girl, something unknown to me,
Makes you what you are,
and what you are is all I could ask for me,
and its good to feel that way girl.

Thank you girl, for making the morning brighter
girl for making the night time nicer
girl for making a better world for me.

I`m telling you girl, something unknown to me,
Makes you what you are,
and what you are is all I could ask for me,
and its good to feel that way girl.

Thank you girl, for making the morning brighter
girl for making the night time nicer
girl for making a better world for me.

Thank you girl, for making the winter warmer
Girl, for making the music softer,
Girl, for making a better world for me

Thank you girl, for making the morning brighter
girl for making the night time nicer (fades off here)
girl for making a better world for me.

"Yes, I'll marry you," I cried.

We were wed just after graduation and are attending Daddy's Alma Mater on full scholarships. Gary is studying to be a Physician and I am too.

[-][+][-]

From a boy who found the girl inside to the woman that I am now, my accepting any challenge has made me very happy and complete.


The End

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Am I truly the first?

I didn't think that anybody could breath new life into the old 'I can't go to the dance alone' story line. I am happy to report that after reading this story, I am STILL correct! I must admit that it did provide me with a few, very few, giggles as any romantic comedy should. I enjoyed the author's sense for the bizarre and the nifty way he presented his...story? The quality of the writing is superior for anybody who crawled out of lower school from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Florida.

This story did provide some fine thought provoking ideas such as the closing line. It is as enigmatic, mysterious, and completely out of context with the preceding dozen paragraphs as any I have ever read. This leads me to believe that either one quarter of the story was edited out, or not sent for posting, or, perhaps, will be forth coming in the next six or seven chapters. Me, I was amused and entertained.

Hugs and copped feels,

Trashy Trisha

Nice

I wish things really did happen like that.
Hilltopper

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpgHilltopper

What a wonderfully contrived

What a wonderfully contrived piece of fluff. I never would have thought I'd see such a grand number of cliches strung together with such artistry. I would have to say Brava to the editor. As was previously stated, this story does provide a few giggles. The writer's sense of satire and sarcasm is wonderful but again I can't help but feel that the editor, for a change, deserves another Brava!

Mea the Magnificent

Tags Please!

I read as far as "nanobots" then exited.

Christine...darling...

At least you got past Jodie Foster.

Mea the Magnificent

I was being optomistic

I did not know what a body suit was either; thought ok this must be lingerie.
No offense meant to the author. It was just not my interest.

Hey Bobbie....

I'm sure the author is clueless as well. BTW...I simply adore your blog. I went back and read all the entries. You write wonderfully and really have a lot to say from a very interesting vantage point.

Hugs and Good Stuff

Trisha

:)

Stan, I think you have created the overall structure for a nice story in this one.

The things I sort of miss, is those that 'flesh' your story out. You draw your personalities and describe their respective ways, but there is more I would like you to tell. Why not let Jody tell us about herself, her feelings and dreams. You can do that several ways, letting her speak about it (as you did here) is one, but you can also let it come second-handedly from the way your characters communicate, doing things together, shopping, laughing, crying, making them real, as real as life.

And perhaps some strife, in all life's there are things going wrong at times, some that we overcome easily, others not so easy. I guess that Jody and her friends may meet those too, and overcome them. It's an innocent tale, so maybe you don't want to fill it with such but some strife helps a story become real to me. I liked your nanobots but I was quite unprepared for them :) up until then it seemed like an 'all American' little town. so 'flesh it out' please :) where did those nanobots come from? How does your characters society differ, and why?

Things like nanobots make me very curios.

Development

I am not a writer nor do I have the talent to be one. This causes
me some degree of frustration. Perhaps this frustration shows
up in some comments. So I apologize in advance if my comments are
less than positive. There is something missing in this story.
The story appears to be more of a summary than a story. The
characters have not been developed. I for one like to get to
know the characters, and they become like friends. A good
example of a writer who develops his characters is Stephen King.
I find his stories at times lacking but he develops the characters
so well that you come to know them and you feel sad when you
reach the end of the book. Take for example, "Something Feels
Strange" by Tiff Q., the writer has developed the characters so
well you look forward to reading about whats happening to the
characters it doesn't matter if the chapter is not the most
exciting.

Kaptin Nibbles