Allergies Suck - Chapter 5 - Part 8 - Court Convenes

Printer-friendly version
Allergies Suck
by Barbara Lynn Terry
 
Chapter V - Part VIII - Court Convenes

 


We went in the courtroom, and sat down. I had never seen a courtroom before except on reruns of Perry Mason, and this didn't look anything like that. There were chairs instead of benches, and we just sat where we wanted. After everybody was sitting down, the judge started. Now just let me say that I thought all judges were old like my grandfather. But this judge wasn't even a man, and she was young looking, about mom's age. I couldn't see what she was wearing because she had on this black robe, and she sat way above everybody else.

"Good morning everybody. I am judge Christine Reynolds, and I will be hearing this case. I have read the petition that has been filed by the minor child's attorney, which is why there is no guardian ad litem here. The child's attorney also represents the child's mother. This is a very unusal case for a child so young. But considering the circumstances as stated in the petition, I wanted this hearing as soon as possible. Now, with the parents permission, a minor child has the right to change his or her name to what the child and mother feels is best for the child.

"In this case, the petition requests that the child's first name be changed from William, a male, to Wilhelmina, a female. As far as the name change goes, there is no technical testimony we need take. But I do have to ask the child, is this the name you chose, or that your mother chose for you."

"It is the name I chose, ma'am."

"Very well, under the laws of our state the language says that any person may change their name, and the child is a person under the statutes. But it also says in the statute too, that you must publish in the local newspaper that you are changing your name from what to what, for three consecutive days. But you are a minor child, and you are not required to publish this in the newspaper. The reason for the publishing is so that anybody who feels that you owe a debt to can come forward. But this is children's court, and as such, witnesses outside of the the social worker, doctor, parent, andchild, are generally not heard in these courts.

"Now, as to the change of gender part. Is this somethng that someone is forcing on you?"

"Yes, ma'am, mother nature." There were giggles from mom and Dr. Montreaux. "What I mean is, I am allergic to cotton and wool, and the only clothes I can wear that I don't really have to worry about are like I am dressed now. Mom said that my father's genes made me one of the boys, but mother nature made me one of the girls."

"Well, you have a good memory. Now has your mother, or anybody else made any promises of money or property, like a house, or a car, computer, video games, etc.?"

"No ma'am."

"Alright. Dr. Montreaux, what do have to say about this child's condition?"

"You honor, several months ago, the child's mother came to me with a very disheartening story that her son was breaking out in red blotches all over his skin. I examined the child only to find maybe it was some kind of skin allergy. When the cream I gave the mother didn't work, I told her that maybe it was his clothes. I advised her to get allergy free clothing, which also didn't work. Now, with allergies, your honor, the most prevalent are skin rashes cause by synthetics. Well I was lost for an explanation, because I even took blood to see if maybe it was something in the blood. But it wasn't.

"Just a week before school started, the red blotches were gone, and the child was house bound until they went away. The mother put so much cream on the boy and had him dress in the only set of boy clothes he had left. The rest were given to second hand stores. The mother then took the child shopping to see what he could wear for school. The next time I saw the child she was dressed as she is today. I gave her an excuse saying she should not be allowed to take gym class. For three reasons, your honor.

"First the gym clothes are made of cotton; second so are the towels they use after the showers; and third, because the child has to dress as a girl, and as such, has to project that image, so gym class was not a good class for the child at this time. I was asked by the mother if the child should start taking female hormones, but I told her to wait on that. The reason the mother had asked was because she was concerned for her child's safety in case any trouble makers wanted to beat the child up, or worse. I was told by the mother that the first day of school went very well, and that her child really had fun. I think that is because she is in home economics class.

"So then, what is your opinion, to a certain degree of medical certainty?"

"It is my opinion, to a degree of medical certainty, that since there is no known cure for these types of allergies, that the child should be allowed to transition as soon as possible. I have also given the mother the name of a very good psychotherapist too, and told her to make an appointment for Billie."

"Who is the therapist?"

"Ms. Joan Redburn, senior psychotherpist with Community Medical."

"This court is well acquainted with Ms. Redburn. Alright then, young lady, do you think you can talk to this lady to see if you are indeed transgendered? Let me tell you this. If Ms. Redburn says you should be allowed to tranistion early because of the circumstances in this petition, then I will sign the order allowing you to have the surgery necessary to make you physically female. This is the 21st century, and we must treat others the way we want to be treated. So will you see Ms. Redburn?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Now I will hear from Ms. Gina Denst, a court appointed social worker who was retained to investigate the family of the child, and to see if the child was being forced into what it says here using allergies as an excuse."

"Thank you, your honor. I did investigate the mother, and I also went to the child's school. They were going to call the child to the office but I said no, I needed to see the child without being seen. I was taken to a classroom, where the child was making something on top of a stove. I saw the child give what was made to the teacher, then it was passed around. The child seemed at ease and not like she was being forced at all. When the child sat down, your honor, she smoothed her skirt under her, which is proper. If you want my personal opinion, you know that personally, your honor, that I am against anybody to have surgery to change their physical sex. But in my investigation, the child was at ease, and was carefree and happy. In my professional opinion, it is my recommendation that the child be allowed to transition."

"Is that based entirely on your professional opinion based on your investigation?"

"Yes, your honor, it is."

"Now I will hear from the mother. First ma'am, may I ask if you have a husband?"

"No judge, he died when Billie was still small."

"Alright. Why do you call her Billie?

"Because Billie, with an ie is a very good nickname for Wilhelmina, but I have been calling her that since my husband passed away."

"I see. Why are you referring to the child as a her?"

"Because your honor, it is the only thing left open without my child going through lengthy medical treatments that so far have been unsuccessful. When I was pregnant with Billie, your honor, I was hoping it would be a girl. But when I saw the ultra sound pictures, there was no doubt that my child will be a boy. I have loved my child ever since, regardless if he or she is my son or my daughter. To me it doesn't matter. When Billie broke out with all those red blotches on the skin, I went to Dr. Montreaux to see what could be done. She tried several things with each visit, but nothing was working. When I took Billie shopping and got her a whole female wardrobe, we found a cure. The red blotches have not come back, and she has taken to being a girl really well.

"See, your honor, I know that Billie has never shown any signs previously about wanting to be a girl, or tried any of my things on, that I know of. But when these allergies showed up over two years ago, and nothing was working, I was beside myself to find a cure for her. I found that cure in the ladies section of J.C. Penny. I know this is not orthodox, your honor, but I was beside myself. I thought do I want my child to have these blotches for months, maybe years, with a constant use of rash cream that isn't working, or can I find something that will give her a somewhat normal life, if you will. Since she has been dressing as a girl, the blotches have not come back, and she isn't uncomfortable wearing the dresses and skirts, like she was with her pants which were made of cotton. I just want my child to have what every other child has. Happiness. I urge you, your honor, to allow her to transition, so she can have a somewhat normal life as a girl, which she can't as a boy."

"Why can't she have a normal life as a boy?"

"Because, your honor, when she gets in her teens she will want a girlfriend if she is a boy. No girl will look at my child with all of those ugly red blotches on her skin. It is because the blotches have gone away, and she is very happy as a girl, and the blotches have not come back, that I am making this request on behalf of Wilhelmina James, my daughter."

"Well that was a very profound plea on behalf of your child ma'am. Not many children have understanding parents like you, Mrs. James. Alright, I will keep this case open for one year. During that year, you will see your therapist, and when that year is over, I want you to bring me a copy of the recommendation letter that the therapist will give you, so you can have your surgeries. Usually a person going through this type of transition must wait until they are eighteen to have these surgeries. But since this is a very unusal case, I will permit the child to go through male to female transition, and upon receiving a copy of the recommendation letter from your therapist, I will permit the surgeries to take place. It is also ordered that the child be now and forever known as Wilhelmina James, a female. Good luck, young lady.

After she said that, she went back through a door by her high desk, and we left.

"Well honey, you are now legally Wilhelmina, and as soon as we get the order from the judge we will take it to the school board so they can change your file. At least they are on the computer, and not in a paper file folder. When we get home, we will start on dinner, or do you want to eat out?"

"I think I would like to eat out. Some place different though, because we have gone to Denny's a lot. Where is there another restaurant we can go to that isn't Denny's, McDonald's, or Burger King?"

"Well, we could go to Gen-Ars. It isn't a fancy restaurant, but the inside is nice and they have good food and good service. We could order a chicken dinner, and split it."

"Okay, I like to go to new places."

We went to Gen-Ars, which was a family restaurant, right across the street from Big Boy's. When we went in, we could seat ourselves, so we found a nice table to sit at. The waitress came over with our water, and menus, and mom asked her if we ordered the full chicken dinner, could she split it with me. She was told she could but there was a five dollar surcharge for me. That was actually cheaper than ordering two meals. She took the order, and placed it with the cook, and then took four place settings away, and we also ordered a Mountain Dew for me, and mom had coffee. Our order took a while to get to us, but when it came, it was steaming hot. This chicken is said to be the best in town, according to the menu. But I bet all the restaurants say that, though. Mom split the chicken between us, as best as she could, because it was a four piece chicken, with one extra piece. So it was five pieces in the meal. The skin on the chicken had a funny looking skin on it and I asked mom why.

"That is a beer batter coating. Don't worry all the alcohol is cooked out of it. It just gives it a better taste. Go ahead, and taste it." I took a bite of the chicken, and it tasted really good. "How does it taste?"

"Like nothing I ever had. It is really good, mom." When I took my bite of chicken, I used my fork to take the meat off of the bone, like mom had showed me several times at home. She said that eating chicken is like any other meat dish, and ladies have to show proper etiquette at all times. It's alright for a boy or a man to eat chicken with their hands, but we are girls, and we have to be a little more civilized than the cavemen that live in our society. Troglodytes, will we ever be free of them? "I was just thinking, mom, that we should come here again, some time."

"That is a good idea. Now I want you to know that you behaved yourself really well today. When you said that mother nature was forcing you to dress like this, I was looking at the judge for any sign of 'I don't believe you', but there wasn't any. She just looked at you as you were talking, like you look at me, when I am talking. And besides, she called you a young lady. I think this judge is on our side."

"She was nice. Wasn't she?"

"Yes, dear, she certainly was. Okay now, we need to go to Dr. Montreaux and get her to prescribe your hormones, then we have to call Ms. Redburn and make an appointment. I think you will like her because she is a very good friend of Dr. Montreaux's and I don't she would give us a name of a person that wasn't nice. I also understand from what Dr. Montreaux has said that she is also an expert in gender dysphoria, which is the medical term for transgenderism. You know too, that Dr. Montreaux will give you your hormones, and you will be required to go to school as a girl, and live as a girl 24/7. But you are already doing that because mother nature made you one of the girls. Let me ask you, though. Is there anything about dressing or being a girl that you don't like?"

"Actually, no mom. The boys at school are really attentive towards me, and they even step aside and let me pass. Some of the boys said it was about time I quit being a tomboy. But you know mom, when I become a physical female, then my life will just be starting. Until then, this is all practice."

"That is a very mature way of looking at it, Billie. But you know, I have been female all of my life, and I am still learning new things about being a woman everyday. They say that life is a learning experience, and so far they have been right. I am going to love having you for my daughter, forever. So what do you think about that?"

"I think it's great," I said putting my head on her shoulder.

"How would you like to have a new dress, to celebrate our victory?"

"I would love a new dress. I wish that daddy was here, so he could see how happy I really am." I had said that with a deep sadness. I had never really remembered him, but when I said that mom had that far away look in her eyes, and tears started streaming down her face.

"I believe he sees us, darling, and he knows how happy you are, right now."

"I wish I could remember him, but all I get are fuzzy pictures in my head."

"Well it is like I said, he was a good man, and treated us very well. He had a good sense of humor, and he loved playing practical jokes. We used to go swimming at the beach, and we would have picnics in the forest, and we would go bowling, and ice skating. Sometimes we would go a theater and watch a new movie that just came out. But the best times were when we would be at home cuddled up with each other watching a scary movie. I would pretend to be frightened and he would just kind of laugh under his breath, and hold me close. I loved your father very much, Billie, and I still wear our wedding ring too. I will never take this off, because it reminds me of him and all the good times we had together."

"Do you think you will ever get married, again?"

"No, Billie, I won't. I have you to raise, and we are going to have so much fun as mother and daughter. You are my angel, sweetie, and I want you to be happy. But you know something, though? When you have your surgeries, then we will celebrate another birthday for you, besides the one you have when you were born. Wilhelmina gets to have a birthday too." She smiled at me, and I just kept my head on her shoulder. Mom pulled in to Dr. Montreaux's parking lot, and we went to her office.

Lorraine was sitting at her desk typing something on her keyboard. When we went in, she smiled. "Hello, Billie and Mrs. James. That is a nice dress Billie."

"Thank you, Lorraine."

"You're welcome, dear. The doctor is with a patient right now, but will be with you after that." Lorraine's smile was so contagious she just made you smile too.

Mom and I sat down and talked a little more about clothes and makeup. She told me there are different kinds of makeup, as well as colors and manufacturers. She said men lead a dull life compared to how we live. We get to wear all these pretty clothes, paint our finger and toe nails, we can blush or be furious, we can have our hair done in a really pretty style, and we have that natural swivel to our hips, just like you have, dear.

"I have never seen a person that was conisdered a boy or a man develop a figure like you're getting. You are twelve years old, Billie, and your voice isn't getting lower, it is getting higher. I could hear it when we were talking last night. I think I am going to have Dr. Montreaux do a hormone panel on you to see where your estrogens are. You haven't been taking any hormones, have you?"

"No mom."

Just then Dr. Montreaux came out of her office with another lady, and talked to Lorraine for a few minutes, then Lorraine made another appointment for the lady. Dr. Montreaux came over by us.

"Beelie, it is good to see you, mon cherie. Come in my office so we can talk." Mom and I followed her in to her office. "Are you here to get your preescription, Beelie?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then here you go, Beelie. I wrote this out yesterday after court was over. I just knew you would be in today. Now, mon cherie, has your mother been teaching you what all of us girls already know?"

"Yes, she has. We had a girls night in and we talked about proper etiquette for a girl."

"You had a girls night in, Beelie, and you didn't eenvite me?" She said that with a mock pout on her face, and I couldn't help but giggle. I like Dr. Montreaux, she is so down to earth. "Is there anything else I can do for you Marian?"

"Yes, could you do a hormone test on Billie to see where her estrogens are?"

"Yes, I can do that. I will have Julie come in and draw the blood and we will call you with the results." A nurse in a really pretty outfit for scrubs, came in carrying some glass tubes and took a small needle out of the drawer. She called it a butterfly needle. She took the blood, and said the results would be done today, if wanted to call about a half an hour before the office closed. We thanked her, and then left to get in the car. Once buckled in, mom turned to me with that mischievious mother smile.

"Dear, we should get you that new dress. I want to celebrate our victory by buying something pretty for my daughter."

"I'm ready, mom. Did I ever tell you that I love you?"

"Oh sweetie, you are my angel. My sweet, sweet angel, and I love you too." Before she started the car, we hugged for a few minutes, then mom said I was in for a real treat. "So kiddo, are you ready?"

"Yes mom, I am ready."

"Honey, I have been noticing something about you lately. Have you been noticing boys more and more in how cute their butts are or how handsome their face is, or drooling over their muscles like most girls do?"

"Yes, mom, I have. The boys in school are the ones that think I have been a girl all along, just a hard headed tomboy. So when I look at them they don't think anything of it. If I smile nicely, they smile back. Mom, what would you do if I brought a boyfriend home?"

"Well, you remember our talks, right?"

"Yes."

"Well, that is all you need to remember. But if you do get a boyfriend, I do want to meet him and his parents. The best way to do that is have them over for dinner. But as far as your question goes, I would be happy for you that you would have somebody your own age to be with whether it is platonic or romantic. And you can have a romantic relationship, without having sex. Most boys don't really care, but you need to be careful. That is why I want whomever you meet and his parents to come to dinner. That way I can see what type of boy he really is. You are my only child, and I don't want to see you hurt."

"Yes, mom. But you would really be happy for me?"

"Yes, I would. I would be very happy for you, because if you had a boyfriend, it shows my little girl is growing up. It is normal for girls your age to start looking at boys and noticing their bodies. You haven't even started male puberty yet, or even female puberty, but you are noticing them. Sweetie, I don't want to embarrass you, but you have taken to being a girl like a duckling takes to water. You have done very well in such a short time. Let's go to Walgreen's and get your prescription filled. Then when you take the first dose, you will be on your way to a really rewarding life."

"I hope so," I said, but with a mischievious smile.

"Oh, you're just playing with me now," She was smiling when she said that. "Anyway, we're here. Let's get ninety-two precent of that testosterone out of your body. After a few months you will feel the affects of the hormones. They won't be bad affects, but you will notice changes starting in you. After this year is over, you should be developed enough that you won't need breast implants."

We went to the pharmacy counter, and mom gave the lady pharmacist the prescription, and said we would wait while it was being filled. Then we looked around Walgreen's for a bit, and when we went down the stationary aisle, I saw a really pretty diary. It was pink with a white decorative border. It had a little girl on the cover, writing something in her diary. It was so cute I asked mom if I could have it, and she said yes.

Then mom took me over by the cosmetics, and started matching face powders, concealers, foundations, lipsticks, nail polishes and eye makeup, to my skin tone. I have light skin, so the medium colors would be very flattering for me. Mom got me a kaboodle to keep my makeup in, that way she said, it wouldn't take up too much room on my vanity.

"Vanity, mom? What vanity?"

"The vanity we are going to get you as soon as we get you your new dress."

"You're going to get me a vanity? I love you, mom."

Then the intercom called my name that the prescription was done. We picked it up at the pharmacy counter, and mom paid for it. When we left Walgreen's, I had a prestty diary, a kaboodle full of makeup, and now we were going to go and get me a new dress.

As mom pulled in this parking lot, I saw the name of the store was Simply Young Miss. We went in and Janice Jennings came from the back. Janice is the mother of Soleil and Lainnie. She was younger looking than my mom, but she was about the same age.

"Hello Mrs. Jennings."

"Hello, Billie. My my, just look at you. I didn't recognize you all dressed up like this. What happened to that rough and tough tomboy I once knew?"

"She became the beautiful butterfly, and she is going to stay the beautiful butterfly too."

"Good for you, girl. Soleil says you have a boyfriend. Is that true?"

"Well, kinda sorta. I mean, there is this boy Dennis that is taking me to the twelve to fourteen year old dance in Hillman on Friday. But I wouldn't go so far as to say he is my boyfriend. At least not yet, anyway."

"Are you going to wrap him around that little finger and keep him there?"

I giggled. "No ma'am, he is shy when he is around girls. He hems and haws too much. I think they call that tripping over his tongue, because he can't get the words out fast enough, and when he does they're all jumbled up sometimes."

"Yep, that's what they call that alright. Do you think he wants to be your boyfriend, but is too shy to ask?"

"Maybe. I will have to talk to Soleil and Gina about this when I see them."

"Well, for what it's worth kitten, you look absolutely adorable."

I smiled when I said, "Thank you, Mrs. Jennings."

"You're welcome, dear. Now is there something I can help you find?"

"Billie needs a new dress. Something special."

"I will show you what we have on the floor, and if you don't see anything there you like, I have several gorgeous gowns and dresses in the back, in plastic sheaths."

We looked around, and I saw a nice dress for everyday wear. It was white, with flowers around the hem. It had a scoop neckline that had what looked like rhinestones from shoulder to shoulder in the front only. I asked mom if I could get that one, and she had me try it on. It fit me, and so mom said I could have it. But she also said I needed something very special too. So, we went in the back, and Mrs. Jennings showed us the gowns, and prom dresses. Since I am only a freshman, I guess I won't need a prom dress or a wedding gown.

Then she showed us the party dresses. They were unique and everyone was an original. I mean, at least they didn't have two or three of the same kind.

"Mrs. Jennings, do you have more party dresses in this style."

"No, dear. We only carry one of a kind dresses. These are specially made for our shop. Mrs. Brimmer who actually owns the store, but I manage it for her, started that tradition of one of a kind dresses, way back when she was young. She isn't too well right now, and she told me to just carry on. We sell a lot of prom dresses and gowns, as well as party dresses. Did you see something you like, Billie?"

"I like this one." I went over and took a turquoise party dress off of the clothes rack it was on. It was beautiful. I had a nice chiffon overlay on the skirt, and bodice just sparkled with something in the material. "Why does it sparkle like that?"

"There are silver threads sewn in with the turquoise. You can see them if you use a magnifying glass."

"I like this one, it is very beautiful and it can be worn for the homecoming dance too."

"Yes. You are very perceptive, young lady."

"Is this what you want for your special dress, Billie?" Mom asked as she looked at the dress.

"Yes, mother. I like how it sparkles, and turquoise is a good color. Where can I try it on?"

"This way, ma'am," Mrs. Jennings said with a smile, as she led the way.

When I stepped out of the changing booth, I saw the looks on both of their faces, and I heard the gasps. Was mom crying? Oh my gawd, she's crying. I went back in and carefully took off the dress, and put it back in its sheath. After getting dressed in my street clothes, I went out by mom and Mrs. Jennings.

"Mom, why are you crying?"

"You're not a young girl any more. You looked so heavenly in that dress." She hugged me for what seemed a long time, but it was only a couple of minutes. "Now you are a young lady, and I am so proud of my daughter."

She repaired her makeup, and then we went out to the counter and paid for the two dresses. After promising to have them over for dinner, we left the store. I finger waved to Mrs. Jennings, who finger waved back. Uhm yes guys, it is a girl thing. Giggle.

Our next store was a furniture store that carried everything from bedside tables all the way to king size beds. We went in and an older gentleman who was old enough to be my grandfather, came over and asked if he could help us.

"Yes. Do you carry vanitys, or makeup tables I guess some people call them."

"Yes ma'am. Doris, these people are looking for a vanity." Doris was about mom's age, and had fiery red hair. Her blue eyes just sparkled, and she had a very contagious smile.

"Hello, my name is Doris. Our vanitys are over this way." She led the way, and when we got to the vanity area, I saw vanitys in different styles, heights, widths and lengths. Mom had me look at them, and tell her which one I wanted.

I saw this really pretty pink with white border, and said I wanted that one. The French provincial bench was extra, and mom got that for me too. When we told Doris we were going to take the vanity and the bench, she was all smiles. The vanity cost five hundred dollars, and the bench was only three hundred dollars. Doris was surprised when mom said this would cash, because she would be writing a check.

"You do realize of course, that we have to wait until the check clears before we deliver the furniture?"

"Yes."

"Delivery is free for this amount, and you can expect delivery in about three days, since this is a local check. Is this all I can do for you today?"

"Yes it is. You have been very helpful."

"Well thank you for coming and enjoy your new vanity young lady. I'm kind of jealous though, because you got the best and most prettiest of all of them. Please feel free to come again."

Mom gave our name and address so they knew where to deliver it, and then we left the store. I didn't realize the time, and my tummy started to growl. Mom said she had lost track of time, because she was having so much fun shopping with her daughter. I smiled.

"Where do you want to eat, sweetie?"

"How about Red Lobster? We haven't been there in a long time."

"Red Lobster it is then. Honey, I hope you don't mind, but you are my only child, and I want to dote on you like the doting mothers you see in the movies."

"Mom, I love you, and if you want to get me a dress or a car when I'm sixteen, it doesn't matter to me. I love you even if you didn't get me things. But being a girl, you do know I will want as much as I can get."

"You minx. Did you know that you are fast becoming a girl, and you have had very little training. The only real thing I needed to teach you, was makeup. Now don't get this wrong, dear. But I have suspected for a long time that you were more female than the macho male you pretended to be."

"Does it show that much, mom?"

"Yes, sweetie, it does. It isn't in the clothes you wear, or the makeup and hair styles. It is more in your actions. Ever since you were little, you were doing the things the girls were doing, and you just didn't realize it. But since these allergies came along, and we got rid of them by putting you in dresses and skirts, you're true feminine nature just came right out. That is why I am very proud of you, sweetie. Except for the makeup, you did the rest on your own. I guess you could say that you have been my daughter longer than you know."

"Thank you, mom. I guess I was trying to be tough so the guys wouldn't pick on me. But since I have been Wilhelmina they have actually opened doors for me, stepped aside when I walked down the hallway, and even said hi with smiles on their faces. The word has gotten around school that Dennis and I are an item. We should have Dennis and his parents over for dinner some Sunday evening."

"That is a good idea, Billie. You tell him that when you see him at school. I think this Sunday is too soon. Tell him that in two weeks from Sunday, he and his parents are invited over to our house for Sunday dinner. I will make something special. Get his phone number and address too."

"It's right here mom," I said, showing her the piece of paper I wrote it on.

"You are a darling, you know that. Keep that in your purse, dear, and when we get home you can call him instead of waiting to see him at school. Let's go to Red Lobster."

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Its so sweet

Thanks Barbara for such a sweet story. I'm glad that Billie seems so happy and is adjusting to her new life.

Amazing how things can come

Amazing how things can come together in such a short span of time. I just hope that no-one is out there that is going to hurt Billie or her Mother because of what Billie is or is doing. It does seem that there is always one or two who do such things to others.
Thankfully so far, most of the other childern just see her as a 'Tomboy' who has decided to go real girly. Jan

I'm wondering...

I sniff the distinct scent of the word "Intersex" being mentioned in the not-too-distant future :)

So what if it's one of the oldest TG tropes in the book, it would certainly explain how Billie adapted so fast without complaint, despite not overtly showing any TG tenancies beforehand. All of which makes me increasingly think the title of this series is rather tongue-in-cheek... :)

 


EAFOAB Episode Summaries

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I'm convinced this is all out of love. A sweet tale

I may have missed something you wrote earlier but why did she not try and make some boys clothes out of the same synthetics as the girls clothes are that the child is not allergic to? Did you explain that or not? I ask because it is a key elementin this story. Or is it she was so happy/relieved she found something to ease her child's discomfort she didn't try anything else? Just wondering.

But then I do know a little about sewing and fabrics as mom sewed some, I did a little -- repairs and such to my clothes, back packs, cycling bags, catnip chew toys -- and my sister sews. Many synthetics would look odd as male clothes, think of that nearly all white Saturday Night Fever disco suit, so I can see the mom's dilemma. Still you think something might work and look acceptable but I admit it would be difficult.

Still I would have thought she'd have tried, say some thrift store 100% nylon or polyester pants/shirt, underwear first. Heck you can get all synthetic stuff as sports wear -- lycra-spandex cycling and running clothes for instance -- or as thermal underwear for hunters and skiers. Many are high tech polyester fabrics, specially engineered Dacron's or polypropylene.

A minor point really, sorry to sound obsessed.

I agree with another's comment here that you are hinting at intersex in Billie's rather female developing body and voice PRE hormones. But hey, if it works, then it is not cliche'. Curious what the blood tests will show.

What I do get in reading the story is that this is not forced,, she's not been secretly feeding him hormones or putting irritants on his male clothing, no evil voodoo dolls, there are no hypnotic tapes and that the child honestly prefers being female, even did so unconsciously since very young.

Charming.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Another great chapter

Good job sis...i cant wait to read the next part.

CHristine reynolds, hmmm have you used that name before, or have i just read that somewhere else..anyways its all good love it grandly

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Awwwe ;3

Also, not only boys eat with their hands, Cubans do too, both the men AND women, I'd know mew, I"M Cuban xD And my aunts and grandma and mother all eat with our hands, it's a Cuban tradition, only a few things we don't eat with our hands meow xD Also not nitpicking just giving you a little fyi ;3 I love this story, weird allergies DO suck xD

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

allergies suck

Is the story over????

Missing something?

Um excuse me, I read your stories up to the last chapter of this and must ask, don't you thing you are missing some crucial bits of information? You end this chapter without them calling the doctor and finding out about the estrogen levels, without her taking the estrogen and beginning to change, and you start the next chapter and end it without Billie making the transition or going in for surgery after the dance. Am I the only one noticing this? He's still a boy all the way around!

HUSBANDS

PennyElaine
Hmmm... Poor old husbands... In the pervious tale, he was erradicated quite summarily, in this one, the poor old chap was killed off long before the story began! I don't know about allergies, hahaha, but i suspect that life as a husband must suck, too!hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, poor old guys!!
Fun story,i am finding it a real joy, thanks!

PennyElaine

I've been re-reading this

I've been re-reading this delightful story, and I noticed in this chapter Billie making a comment "since I am only a Freshman, I won't need a Prom dress or wedding gown". If Billie is a 7th grader, she is not a Freshman, that is a 9th Grader, at least in the American School systems. She is either her second year in Middle School (6th-7th-8th grades); or first year of Junior High School (7th-8th).
I am beginning to get the idea that her body is Androgen sensitive and thus she is developing female due to her own Estrogen within her body, the addition of Estrogen, by the medications should really push her over the edge rapidly.