That Summer I Found Her ! Part 1 of 3

Printer-friendly version

The Summer I found her, promised to be just another boring and lonely stretch for just another geek among geeks. I was glad to finally be out of there for the Summer. I had spent most of my school hours just making sure I stayed under the radar to keep myself out of the way of the steroid-enhanced gang of jocks. I just kept quiet, did my work and stayed out of trouble as much as possible. My Social life could be summed up with three words "What Social life? The girls were friends with me because I was willing to help them with their homework, but it didn't buy me any attention from them as a possible love interest. Don't get me wrong. I was well aware of my own short comings compared to the Hunks that the girls were constantly talking about. I was skinny! All anyone ever had to do when describing me, was just tell someone that I was a broomstick with hair the color of straw,thin arms, with no muscle to speak of, and glasses.

I did have one friend. Her name was Kara. She was gorgeous, but never acted like she was better than I was, or treated me with disrespect. I liked her, but she was way out of my league or at least I thought so. We would normally meet up at the Beach for an evening walk and discuss our respective days. One night she was late getting there so I thought she might have gotten held up with her babysitting job. I started walking down the Beach near the waterline when I spotted a Shell necklace that had washed up on the Beach. I stooped down to pick it up and decided I would put it around my neck and give it to Kara when I saw her. I put on the necklace and turned around to face the moon. A beam of light came down and hit the biggest shell as it hung on my neck. There was a bright flash and then everything went black.

The next thing I heard was Kara calling my name."Jeff? Are you okay? I finally started to wake up and I asked her what happened. I noticed that my voice sounded different. My mind was racing as I started to get up. I felt two weights on my chest and my hair was longer and it was Red!!!! My mind was going into overload as I started to realize that something was very different about me. I had on a pair of Khaki shorts and a green scoop neck top. I felt the straps of a bra across my shoulders too! I got to my feet and we finally made it over to a bench. Kara told me that she had arrived just in time to see the beam of light totally surround my body from head to toe. It took a few seconds and the light lifted to reveal my transformed body clad in girl's clothing. We sat there as I tried to make sense of what had just happened. I looked at the necklace around my neck and it was completely different too. It now had a Sapphire stone with a diamond starfish in the center. The chain was a mix of Sapphires and diamonds. It was beautiful! Another thing that suddenly occurred to me was that How would I explain this to Mom? That question was answered when I heard my mother's voice calling "Jessica! Time to come in for the night" I let out a sigh and got up and headed inside. Kara followed me in and my mother just acted like I had always been her daughter.

Our family portrait hanging in the hallway was just the same as it had been before except now, I was a redheaded teenage girl in a beautiful dress posing with my mother and sister. I noticed that my dad was still gone from the picture. He had been killed in Iraq while serving with the Marines just three years before. Mom had moved us to the family Beachfront cottage that had belonged to her family for generations. She said there was something about the healing power of the Ocean and I had to admit that she was right. I loved it here. My sister Lyndsey, loved it as much I did and enjoyed spending a lot of time sunbathing as much as possible. She was currently over at her friend, Annette's house for a Slumber party.

Kara and I went up to my room and noticed immediately that it was completely different too. I now had a makeup table and the colors were pink and off white. My purse was on the bed and I went over to check my wallet. Sure enough! My Driver's license said Jessica Leanne Russell. I even had some tampons in there. It hit me just how different my life would be from now on. My bedspread had pink roses and I had matching lampshades on both sides of the bed. It was a bedroom that most girls would die for. I did notice that I had no posters of male heartthrobs on my wall. It was all girls. I guess it was a pretty safe bet that my orientation was now Lesbian. At least my attraction to girls was the same anyway even if nothing else was. I talked with Kara for a while longer and then she got up to go back home. We both agreed that she was probably the only one who remembered the old me. She told me that she would be over to help me get ready in the morning. I hugged her and felt a strange tingle when we touched. She didn't act like she felt it and went out the door. We lived right next door to each other, so she didn't have far to go.

I decided to get ready for bed so I went to my dresser and got out a baby doll nighty and a new pair of panties. I went to the bathroom and cleaned off the makeup and brushed my teeth. I stripped off my clothes and stood there looking at this new body in the mirror."Well, I guess you don't look like a geek anymore" I thought. It was strange to see my C cup breasts and how the Auburn in my hair was matched up with a pair of green eyes. It stunned me a bit to realize that sometime very soon, I would have a "monthly visitor" and even get pregnant one day. One of the most surreal things about it that I seemed to be taking it all in with a strange calm. I know a few guys that would freak out completely if this happened to them. I went back to my room and decided I would read for a while. I opened the drawer of my nightstand and found a Diary. I opened it up to yesterday's entry and reread it. I got the shock of my life! I started reading and found out that Kara and I had been a couple for the past four years and we had plans to stay together forever. I guess that since my old reality and new reality crossed paths, she was still aware of her role in my old life. I suspected that when we woke up in the morning, that part of our reality would match what was in the Diary. I wrote an account of my transformation in a separate notebook and placed it in the bottom drawer of my dresser. I would check to see if it would be there in the morning. I turned off my light and snuggled under the covers and fell asleep quickly!

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That Summer I Found Her ! Part 1 Of 3

A good start on a new story. Will be fun to see how things transpire.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hi Jen, A great start to

Hi Jen,
A great start to what seems to be a very interesting story. Lots of Hugs for you, Jan

What a beautiful dream

This is a lovely story, it captures the essence of all our fantasies.
Wouldn't it be fantastic if every shell necklace that was found on every beach did just this.
And wouldn't it be even more fantastic if there was always a 'Kara' there to ease the passage.
I'm enjoying this story. Short and light, but very, very enjoyable.

OXOXOX

Beverly.

bev_1.jpg

A nice start to a story.

WillowD's picture

I'm glad I stumbled on both story and author. Thanks.