A Challenge to any Newbie wanting to write a story.

Printer-friendly version

This was the first ever "Angel's New Writers Challenge story." This one was in a blog entry so I resurrect it here as a story like I did for the second challenge.

Here is a good beginning to a story I was writing. My challenge to you is to finish it! Good luck and I hope this helps those wanting to write, at least a start.

Huggles All

The Healing Child



By (Your Name Here)

The first thing I realized when I opened my eyes is that I was no longer under water. The last thing I could remember is our car slowly sinking in ice cold water during the darkest of nights. No moon, heavy low clouds and rain, constant heavy rain.

My dad was driving and some idiot big rig driver came zooming by us and fishtailed wildly striking the front driver’s side door hard with the tail end of the trailer.

Our car then turned violently to the right and went up onto the guardrails in front of a bridge. We continued going forwards and then sideways as our car twirled in the air before hitting hard and flat wheels down onto the surface of the river.

The wind was knocked out of me, my mom was screaming and my dad was unconscious head bloodied and bleeding.

For some reason I wasn’t able to get my breath back fast enough and was passing out as I watched my mom calm down and shake my dad and just as she was looking at me, I passed out.

I did feel ice cold water start covering my feet and then progress to reaching up to my knees, but that is all I can remember.

I’m in the hospital as I look around and next to me in another bed is my mom fast asleep. My dad is no where to be seen.

No clocks on the walls just a rhythmic beeping sound coming from somewhere behind me. I twist my body and look behind me to see wires from me leading to a machine that has colored squiggly lines and numbers next to symbols I have no idea what they mean.

I hear an abrupt change to the beeping rhythm as I keep moving around a few seconds later a nurse appears at the side of my bed. She speaks to me softly just above a whisper and tells me I’m safe now and that my mommy is in the next bed over.

She makes me lie still as she checks me over and then peels back my covers and I gasp seeing that I have a tube coming out my penis, She reassures me that it is just to collect my urine while I was unconscious and getting IV’s it will be removed very soon now that I’m awake.

She asks me some silly questions that I answer and she seems happy. Then my mother is holding my hand and is thanking God for not taking her son along with her husband. I then realize my dad is dead and she then realizes what she had said.

We both spent some time crying while we held each others hand. I couldn’t believe my dad was gone.

The next hour is spent with my mom telling me everything that I had missed. We were very lucky that a state policeman was actually chasing down the trucker and had witnessed everything that had happened.

He called immediately for river rescue and followed our cars progress down the river as it slowly sank with just the roof visible along with our head and tail lights.

River rescue was just two miles away and were soon at our car and removed me first, then my mom, and then my already deceased Dad. He died of a massive head injury.

The trucker was actually caught 50 miles away on another interstate. He had thought he had gotten away when the state policeman stopped chasing him and followed our progress down the river.

OKAY, NOW IT’S YOUR TURN, TAKE IT FROM HERE AND GOOD LUCK!

Angel_Jeans_0.jpg

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Creative Writing

Angel,

I have ABSOLUTELY no talent for creative writing. :-( Somebody else will have to take the challenge up. However, I can add to the information you provided. The fact that the trucker was attempting to elude the police raises the homicide of the child's father from manslaughter to felony murder. In some jurisdictions, ie. Texas, that can get you put to death.

G/R

It leaves this story wide open...

...to continue on in almost any direction the writer chooses to go. Be as descriptive or as general as you want. You can also write this as a non-tg story if you so wish. We don't even know what the characters look like yet.

Just take it and run with it...

Huggles All
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

Can The Title Be Changed?

PetBabyAmy's picture

I spotted this little challenge, I like challenges, now that I have finished a story of my own, I have only a very basic idea for story short, at least two possible short stories, but nothing solid yet. While I like two little ideas that I could use, I would not be able to make better use of them for a much moer bigger style of story.

Your synopsis I like, I have a vague idea where this could go in a science fiction or possible Fantasy type genre. After reading, my mind began to creat a few possible scenarios, but they do not fit in with where I feel the title of the story suggests where it could or should go and I really do not want to go spoiling what seems like a good title, my trail of thoughts and ideas I feel went down a very different path entirely and therefore the title would not fit with those ideas. So I may have to pass on this challange if you want the title of it to remain as it is.

Feel free to email if you would like me to send you something of my own work if you would like to see where I shine in my writing style. Everyone of course is different. Lovely synopsis by the way.

Hugs

PetBabyAmy

Mwee hee hee hee

I would but nah, I shouldn't xD After I was done with that kid and his mother... yeah xD

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Giggle,...Why not? Giggle...

Now you've gone and made me curious about what is in that pretty little head of yours!

Huggles Princess
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

okay then

As soon as I finish my possession story, I'll be happy to take up your challenge then, I'll just need to ask a few questions first ;3

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

A few questions? GEEZE this girl is something else!

You can ask, but if I'll answer them? Giggle, giggle...

Huggles Princess
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

Okay, then :D

The problem I usually have with these is knowing where to start, yes you gave a little snippet, but if I were to incorporate the snippet as the beginning of the story other people will realize our drastic writing voices. My voice is one way, yours is another, that's what makes writing unique mew, the VOICE. And also I'm glad you didn't give much description to these characters, but i've never b een one for fanfics but still hmm this will be interesting. Also you wrote it in first person, it makes me wonder if I'll have to write it in first person too. All these questions are going through my head deciding what to do, that and "The Howling" a story I'm already working on... so maybe I should politely decline but then again... ugh mew I cant decide ;_;

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Talk about waffling Princess! Giggle, giggle...

It's easy. just write the story your way. LOL... It is just the start of a story! Take it in any direction you want and use any voice you want.

Huggles Princess
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

Why not?

I would love for someone to lever up their courage and give this story a try. It has so many possibilities. The father could even be reincarnated as a female friend who helps his family. The hardest part of writing is actually sitting down and doing it.

I really hope somebody will have a go. I'm a pretty good proof-reader and will try to help in that way if you want.

Good luck

DS

Yes Desert Sunrise, this story has so many possibilities.

It could be taken anywhere and go in any direction with just a little imagination. I had I believe two or three takers when I originally offered this story challenge.

I have one more thing I'm going to try later on and this time it will be open to everyone no matter their experience level.

Huggles DS
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

email me if u like this story

3 years later im not the best writer like u (p.s.where no boy has gone before was great) well heres wat im gonna finish it wit
i spent alot of time moarning over the loss of my dad.my mom remarried i think the step dad likes me and he trys to be nice but he could never treat me like my old dad could the step dad is just to busy and as for the man who who took the best dad from me is suppose to be let out today.in fact i remember the day at the hospital like it was yesterday.i was hurt very suverly and they said id be luck if another year but i want back a couple of weeks after i was relesed and the said something they could not understand i was as healthly as any other kid they said what had happened was a medical miracle and ever since then i was not only able to heal my own self when i was able to heal others both mentaly and phisicly but once the goverment fonund out the took me from my family
to be continued if you like it...
Ryan

Great start, now fill in the gaps and get writing Ryan!

If you want it proofed a bit, I'll be happy to help you. I have a month or two of free time as I mend at home from some nasty bit of surgery.

Now, get writing Ryan! Giggle, giggle.
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

Oh My

Do i really see this, giggles, a story to write to a Challenge by Angle, humm should i try or not that is the question. Since there is a tube and we don't know what happen to him, giggles, oh i could be mean, giggles, or nice and Mom will have some money now, the company that owns the truck would be on the hook, hummm, so many ways to go, but the question is should I or not. giggles

Hugs and Kisses
Melissa Ann

Hugs and Kisses
Melissa Ann

the healing child? ok

ok, if nobody else will do it, i guess i'll have a try... should be fun. I just don't know where it is going nor how long it shall be. come to that... I don't even know how to post a story on here!

"I can't say that i felt anything happenning or anything. All i can say is that my mother was pronounced in the peak of health after i'd been holding her hand. Not even a sense of spraining, not a cold, nothing. I never associated it with the strange things that seemed to happen to little animals that i came across, such as had been run over by a vehicle, or something, which as i picked them up, would startle me by leaping out of my hands and dashing off to safety. I had then sorta guessed that they were just stunned?"

Howzatt? Can you now tell me how i should offer up a story to this site, and still give you the credit where it is well due?
Thanks,
Penny

PennyElaine

To Angel

sonai67's picture

I have always loved your stories, and it has broken my heart to learn of your passing on. I truly hope that you are now a true Angel in heaven and have earned your wings for helping so many of us to heal, and to be happy with whom we are. I wish that I had your gift of words to be able to continue this story. Maybe some day I will be able to think of how to continue this..

All My Love to my Friend and My Angel..

James.

Sonai67