Kira - Chapter 13 - Kira has a relapse.

Printer-friendly version

Kira - Chapter XIII - Kira has a relapse.

A few weeks went by and Mrs. Jenkins called to tell us we had to be in court on Friday at ten o'clock. That was the day after tomorrow. Daddy said she had read the reports of all the doctors and that there was nothing to be afraid of, because they were good reports. So daddy told us that since we needed to be in court again in two days, that we could stay home from school tomorrow.

Katie couldn't of course because she was a teacher, well a teacher's aide, but next year she would have her own classroom. Danny wanted to go to school too tomorrow because he said it would take his mind off of court.

I wanted to go to school too, because I had missed so much with being in court and in the hospital. I wasn't behind academically but I was behind in participation. I loved being able to take part in class things, like asking questions and giving my interpretation of what I read in my books, and writing essays. I was really good at writing essays. My GPA dropped slightly because of this that has happened since mother decided to hit me. Well, hopefully we will see what she has to say when the doctors are finished testifying. I only hope we can put this all behind us on Friday. I hope.

That evening Katie and I made the dinner. Katie made the meatloaf, while I mashed down the potatoes, and set the table. I also got out the catsup and mustard as well as the butter for the bread and potatoes. Knowing daddy and Danny, they will probably both want seconds and thirds. I giggled. Katie looked at me, and I told her what I giggled about, and she giggled too.

"You know sis, men are like that. There is a saying that goes, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. The way I see a lot of men eat, I am inclined to believe that."

"Are daddy and Danny like that?"

"The way they eat, I would say yes." We both giggled.

When the table was set, and the food was ready, we called the guys in for dinner. Daddy said grace, and we passed everything around so everyone got one helping. Nobody said anything about court, and nobody said anything about mother. We just talked about school, and daddy even asked me what was my favorite time in school.

"I like study hall, because if I have essays to write, I can write them. My study hall is in the library, so I can get reference books to help me, if I need them."

"That's a good attitude to have, sweetpea. Just remember when you graduate you can get a job for a while then go to college, or go to college right from high school after summer vacation is over, or you never have to go to school again. It all depends on what you want to do after high school. Have you even given that any thought, yet?"

"No daddy, I'm only a freshman. I won't think about that until at least my junior year. That is two years away, well, a year and a half."

"That is true, but if you had to make a decision right now, what would you like to do with your life after high school?"

"Well, there are several things I can think of. Like being a doctor, or a lawyer, or a therapist of some kind, or maybe even take business administration or maybe major in chemistry. I don't know right off hand what I would want to do if I had to make a decision right now. There are so many things a person can do these days, that it takes quite a bit of thinking. Maybe even be a teacher."

"Alright punkin, at least that is an honest answer. I'll tell you what, why don't you girls take the night off and Danny and I will take care of the kitchen and the dishes."

"Daddy, Katie and I do just fine, but if you and Danny want to help, then we can get it done faster, and we have more time to watch tv."

"I think you're right honey. Whataya say Dannyboy? Want to the help the ladies clean up?"

"Sure, and anyway I agree with Kira. With all of us working, we can get it done faster."

We all got the dining room cleaned, and the dishes washed and put away. Katie and I said we would take care of the kitchen, and we had it done in fifteen minutes. Then we went in the living room and daddy looked on the tv guide channel to see what was on.

There was a war movie on that daddy said was good, so he put it on TCM and watched Saving Private Ryan. I didn't care to much for it because it had a lot of blood and it showed in detail how the soldiers were dying and getting blown up. So Katie and I decided to go to my room and talk.

"Katie, do you think this will be the last of going to court on Friday? I really don't like missing a lot of school. My GPA has dropped a little since all this started. I can maybe bring it back up a little, but it will still be B honor roll."

"I am hoping sis. Your teachers have told me they are concerned on how this is affecting you emotionally. I told them you seem a little down, more sad than anything else. They said not to worry, just get through this and they will make sure your homework is given to me or one of your friends to bring home. I have to say that this will be interesting though, because doctor Fitzgibbons didn't say one way or the other what she found. So we will just have to see. Are you going to go to school tomorrow?"

"I will try. I may leave early if I can't concentrate. How long can the judge give mother in prison for what she did?"

"I'm not sure. We will ask Mrs. Jenkins when we go to court."

"I will always love her and forgive her but I can't understand why she would want me raised as a boy. I mean, if I am a girl I should be allowed to be raised as a girl. Right, Katie?"

"Yes sis, you should. You know what? I think tonight you and I will have a girls night in. You can sleep in my room tonight. How does that sound?"

"It sounds perfect sis, thank you." I gave her a hug and she rubbed her nose against mine. Erm yes, it's a girl thing.

"Okay, get your bath or shower, and get your night things and come to my room. Tonight, no boys allowed just us. You know it has been a long time since I heard any CD's or watched a DVD. What say we see what I have."

We went in her room and she looked through her collection of DVD's. she had quite a few good old movies from back in the 50's and 60's. One of them I hadn't seen in quite a while was West Side Story, so I asked if we could watch that. West Side Story is more than just gangs and gang violence. It is a character study of the gang members and their girls. I love Natalie Wood as Maria and Rita Moreno as Anita. Katie got out a small bag of popcorn and we sat and watched the movie but we weren't interested in the popcorn. I went to take a shower, and when I was through, I went back to Katie's room. She put the movie in and we sat and watched it like it was our first time.

When the movie was over, we decided to lie down and talk a little more. "Kira, whatever happens on Friday, just know we love you and you have a good home here. Even Danny is very protective of me and you. I mean, he is only sixteen and he will be a junior next year, but he is very protective. When he graduates, you will still have me at the school to look out for you. But by that time you should have sufficient knowledge on how to deal with the boys. You learn quickly, and you have picked up girl ways in a very short time. I am proud of my little sister.

Sometime during our talk I fell asleep. I slept very good that night because Katie was there. When her alarm went off in the morning, we both got up, and she went in the bathroom first. I followed, and when we were both dressed, we went down to make breakfast. I noticed that Katie's alarm was set thirty minutes earlier than everybody else. I asked her about that.

"We need to have the extra time to get our clothes, bath, makeup, and make sure our hair can stand the day. Then I set mine so after I am dressed I can start breakfast. Men can cook, but you will find most men like burnt offerings." We both giggled. "So if you're not down here, I start the breakfast. Come on, let's go feed the men."

We went in the kitchen and got out the eggs, bacon, bread and butter, and even the jelly. I got out the apricot marmelade because daddy liked it. The first one down was daddy, and I poured him a cup of coffee. Danny came in scratching his head and yawning. He got a glass of OJ from the fridge, and sat at the table. I was watching the differences between Danny and daddy. Daddy seemed more relaxed when he came down, like he took his time getting ready. Danny on the other hand, seemed to be in a hurry. He looked like he had just crawled out of bed and jumped into his clothes.

After breakfast, daddy went out to start the car, while Katie, Danny, and I cleaned up the kitchen. When everything was finished, the car was warmed up, and we were ready to go. Daddy dropped us off at the school because he had to go and talk to Mrs. Jenkins, the assistant district attorney.

School was alright for the first three classes. I put my books in my locker and went to lunch. The morning went by in a whirl and I was just dragging. Should I tell someone I need to go home? I absent mindedly picked up a tray, when all I really wanted was a yogurt. I set the tray aside and picked out a blueberry yogurt and a plastic spoon. I paid my thirty five cents and went to sit down. Jessica and the girls came over and asked why I didn't sit by them.

"Oh no, not again girlfriend. Do you realize you are sitting at the same table, in the same spot when we first met you? What's the matter?"

"I'm thinking about tomorrow, and if this is finally going to be the end to all of this. I don't even remember hearing my teachers this morning. I mean, I just put my books away and came right here. Like I was in a fog or something."

"Listen Kira," Josie said putting her hand on mine. "I know this is getting tiring and even confusing, but everything you went through was for a reason. Even Dr. Fitzgibbons said she wasn't going to stop until she found out what was what with you. And Amanda Dowling even said she didn't see anything wrong with you. I mean we're all a little psycho now and then, but nothing that would make us see a shrink."

"Do you feel well enough to continue this afternoon?"

"I don't think so, Marla. I'm tired and I just can't concentrate on school work. I was hoping that I could finish the day, but I don't think I can. I was looking for Katie or Miss Palmer to see if I can get a pass to go home."

"Well, don't look now but I think your big sister is coming this way."

"Marla, you have a way with words. I am worried about Kira. Honey how are you feeling?"

"Not too good sis. I need a pass to go home. I didn't even hear my morning teachers, I don't think.

"Okay, I will give you a pass to go to the office, and you have them call daddy and have him come and pick you up. I don't want you walking home on the street alone. On second thought, I think we should go to the office together. You look very peaked and I want to make sure you get home safely. That is another thing sisters do for each other. I will make sure you get your homework when I get home. Are you finished with your lunch?"

"Yes."

"Okay, let's get you home. One other thing Kira. I want you to make yourself a cup of honey tea with a pinch of cinnamon and lie down and get some rest. You look like you should be in a hospital at least over night, but that would delay the trial probably another month. Kira, did you hear me? Oh my gosh!"

The next thing I knew was waking up in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Katie was sitting next to the paramedic on the bench seat. There was an IV in my right arm, and a blood pressure cuff on my left. I was groggy which means they probably gave me something to make me rest. We got to the hospital, and Dr. Fitzgibbons was there to meet the ambulance.

"Hello Kira, I have a room for you. Room 324 guys. I'm going to give you an examination as soon as we get upstairs. Your father called me as soon as he hung up talking to Katie. So I came right over. This will give me another opportunity to make sure of my findings. If all goes well tonight I will keep you here another few days. Over the weekend. I will see if we can get a continuance with the court until Monday. I'm sure they will go along with that seeing that you passed out in the school hallway. "Tell me what you were feeling just before you blacked out."

"I don't really know. I knew I couldn't concentrate on my school work, I was feeling like I was in a fog. I remember talking to Katie that I needed to go home, and she was telling me to go to the office with her so I could get a pass. That was all I heard until I woke up in the ambulance."

"Okay, I will keep you here over the weekend. I will ask the assistant district attorney to get a continuance until Monday. You should be alright by then. I think what happened is that you had an anxiety attack. But I was also told you hit your head pretty hard when you fell. So I am going to check for a concussion while you are here. Now concussions are very strange things. It could actually take a while for them to show up. But I will get a CT scan done tonight to make sure there are no other injuries and an x-ray of the skull. I also need an x-ray of your left side because that is the side you fell on. You may not get any rest tonight Kira, but you will only have three tests done. The CT scan, the x-rays, and I want blood drawn too. I want to see if there are any deficiencies in your cbc."

"What is cbc?"

"It stands for complete blood count. This test alone can tell us quite a bit. I am ordering a hormone panel too. I want to see if there are any deficiencies there too. So the nurses will help you into a gown, and I want you to lie down until they come to get you for your first test. I will only be out at the nurses station writing my orders. Get some rest because it could be a few hours before they come to get you."

I laid down and she was right, because they woke me up to take me for my x-rays. The radiology department was on the first floor next to the emergency room. She told me to lie on the bed and she would move the machine in position. Once she had it over my head, she told me to take a deep breath and hold it. I wonder why they do that. I heard a buzzing sound and she said breathe. Then she moved the x-ray machine to my left side and had me put my arms above my head. The same thing there too. Take a deep breath and hold it, a buzzing sound and breathe. Seems like a lot to go through just to have an x-ray. After she said everything was fine, she wheeled me back to my room. It is amazing how they can move the whole bed, but I guess they're made that way. She got me to my room, and locked the brakes on the bed, and I fell back asleep.

It was a few hours later when they came and got me for my CT scan. This lasted only twenty minutes, and then she took me back to my room. I no sooner got there than a lady carrying a caddy with glass tubes in it, said she had to draw some blood. She took out a long piece of rubber and five glass tubes. She took out a small needle she called a butterfly, and she tightened the rubber band thing around my arm tight. Then she started poking around. I asked her what she was doing, and she said she was feeling for a good vein to get the blood from.

After she found what looked like a good vein, she poked me with the needle and blood just ran into the first tube. I was amazed to see that when she changed tubes, the blood didn't run out of the little tube connected to the needle. After she was finished, she put a piece of tape over the gauze, and said she was through. I fell back alseep.

Katie came in and asked if I was hungry, because it was just a little past dinner time. I had spent all afternoon having tests and sleeping. She ordered my dinner, and she made sure I ate it all. The roast beef wasn't too bad, a little tough, and the garden salad looked a little wilted, but other than that, it wasn't bad.

"Sis, I am going to be with you all weekend. Dr. Fitzgibbons is going to take you on as a regular patient, so you will be seeing her from now on. She said she wants another ultra sound just to make sure her findings are what she got the first time. Tomorrow Mrs. Jenkins is going to ask for a continuance until Wednesday because her schedule for Monday and Tuesday is full. I'm going to sleep on the pull out bed right over there, so you won't be here alone. I don't have any papers to grade this weekend. Mrs. Arden will take care of that. She told me to tell you to get well."

Eve Arden (not related to the actress who played Our Miss Brooks or Miss McGee in Grease and Grease 2) is a stylish woman in her late thirties. She wore the latest fashions, and had her nails and hair done at a salon. But she wasn't stuck up, or thought she was above everybody else. She had a wonderful sense of humor, and really enjoyed teaching her students. So when Katie told her about me, Mrs. Arden told her to just go and be with her sister for the weekend and she would take care of anything else that needed to be done.

I just got done with being in the hospital. I wonder what could have caused me to black out? I will have to ask Dr. Fitzgibbons, when she comes back. Of course I didn't have to wait too long either.

"Now young lady, let me give you that examination I promised you when you came in."

"Do you have to?"

"Yes, I really do. Katie will you close the door, and draw the bed curtain to the end of the bed?" Katie did as she was asked. "Thank you, Katie. Now let me listen to your heart. Very good. Now your lungs. Take a deep breath in and out, another one, one more. Your lungs are good, no wheezing. Now Kira, what I am going to do, you need to get used to from now on." She took two poles and put them at the end of the bed. "Now put your feet in these stirrups, and let me see what's going on in there." She took this thing that looked like a bear trap, she called it a spreader, and opened my vagina. Then she put this thing on her head that looked like a miner's light, and peeked inside my vagina. It didn't take her long, and she said I was healing fast.

Well I guess if you gotta be a girl a little inconvenience has to come our way. When she was done, she told me to get some more rest. I was tired. But I had to ask her about my black out.

"Dr. Fitzgibbons, why would I black out like I did?"

"Well, from what you told me, I can only guess that you had an anxiety attack. The symptoms you told me you had just before your black out spell would indicate an anxiety attack. What causes an anxiety attack? Is that what you are asking?"

"Yes."

"Well several things can cause one. Being under too much stress for one. That is a mjor cause of anxiety attacks. Losing interest in important things can cause one too, and it can also cause depression. You aren't depressed. Are you?"

"What is depression?"

"Depression is when you lose interest in everything around you, and you don't respond to family or counselors or teachers. It is an overwhelming sensation that makes you go into your own little world. There are a lot of people that are on medication for depression."

"No, I don't think I'm depressed. I think it is just all this in and out of court, and not knowing what is going to happen, that has me a little worried."

"Then you had an anxiety attack, dear. You should be well enough by Monday to go back to school. Katie, may I talk to you in the hallway?"

They went out in the hall and were talking for a long time. Katie came back in and gave me a hug and I drifted off to sleep. I dreamed we were in court, and the judge sent mother to prison for assaulting me. Mother vowed that she would remember me, and tell everybody in prison that her faggot son sent her there. That was when I woke up. Katie looked worried and wanted to know what was wrong. I told her about my dream, and she held me until I settled down.

"Sis, mom won't be able to harm us. We have the evidence, and mom is still adamant about you being male. Dr. Fitzgibbons will present her findings, and Amanda Dowling will file hers. These two doctors were appointed by the court, so mom and her attorney can't object to the findings that you are female. So, I am here to protect you. Now get some rest sis, because come Wednesday you are going to have to testify and I want you to be wide awake when you do."

"May I come in?" Amada Dowling asked with a very wide smile.

"Yes, Mandy."

"I heard you had an anxiety attack at school. Would you like to talk about it?"

"Okay. All I remember was telling my friends and Katie that I was in a fog and didn't think I heard my morning teachers. I remember Katie telling me to go to the office with her, and I don't remember going in the office. The next thing I remember is waking up in the ambulance."

"Can you remember what you were thinking about, when you were in this fog?"

"Not really. It was like I was sitting at my desk looking at myself. If that makes any sense."

"I see. Have you ever heard of an out of body experience?"

"No. What is that?"

"Well, some people can tell you that an out of body experience can be caused by many things. One of those things is anxiety. Dr. Fitzgibbons said she talked to you about depression. I don't see any depression because you are responding very well to outside stimuli."

"What is stimuli?"

"It is something that stimulates you to action, such as answering my questions, or if I poke your finger you may jump a little. You seem very alert, so you aren't suffereing from depression. But I am concerned about the anxiety you are feeling about things. Is court the only thing that you are anxious about?"

"Yes. I mean, I do very well in school, and I have very good friends and a loving family. So yes, this whole thing with court has me worried a little."

"I see. Well I received a call from Mrs. Jenkins the assistant district attorney, and she tells me because of your anxiety attack, she got the judge to postpone the trial until Wednesday. You know, I think it would be good for you not to go back to school until after court is over on Wednesday. This way you can get more rest. Katie, can you get her homework for her?"

"Yes, Mandy, that is not a problem. I am going to be here all weekend so she isn't alone."

"That is a very good idea. Now young lady, I have a question for you. Would you like to see me say once in a while when things are bothering you?"

"I guess that would be alright. Sometimes I need somebody else to talk to."

"Then I will set up our first appopintment, and let you know when I see you in court. As I understand it, your mother is in very deep trouble. Now you get some rest, and I will see you at court." She gave me a hug, and then left.

"Katie, do you think seeing Mandy now and then is a good thing?"

"Yes little sister, I certainly do. Sometimes it helps to talk to someone else other than family and friends. True friends are always there for you and will tell you like it is. Family too. So seeing Mandy now and then when you need to, is definitely a good thing. Now give me a hug and get some more rest."

I don't know how long I slept, but when I woke up it was morning. Katie was making up the roll out bed they had in the room. "Good morning, sis."

"Good morning little sister. You seem cheery today."

"I am, I slept good too."

"I wonder if what Mandy told you last night had anything to do with that. Sometimes when we talk to persons outside of our friends and family circles, we are more at ease with ourselves, and things don't look so gloomy any more."

"I think she helped. She is nice to talk to, like a big sister I know is."

"You little minx," she said rubbing our noses together and giving me a hug. "You are my one and only little sister, and I am going to make sure you have the right female education. Just remember, the bond between sisters is more special than the bond between a mother and a daughter. Unless of course the daughter doesn't have a sister. When you were younger, I always felt there was something different about you, and now that we know what that difference is, you are going to be well looked after."

"Katie, did you ever think about getting married?"

"Oh, I don't know. Just everyday of my adult life. But Mr. Right hasn't come along yet. And I certainly don't want to marry any of those guys that teach at the school, because they're already married." We giggled. "Why the sudden interest?"

"Well because. You're twenty going on twenty-one, and you will be out of college in another year, even if you have your own classroom. Are there any guys at the college that you would be interested in?"

"No! Now how about some breakfast, nosey."

"Alright, but nothing to much, I'm not feeling that well yet."

"Okay, let me see what is on the menu at club hospital." We both giggled and she looked and saw omelets, made with real eggs or egg substitute. She asked me and I told her a western omelet, and she said that sounded good. She ordered milk, orange juice, and a yogurt for us both as well as the omelets.

The trays were brought up in forty five minutues, and we ate and talked. "Katie, do I have to stay here all weekend?"

"That would be a good idea, sis. Dr. Fitzgibbons said you may have a concussion, and she is right about one thing. A concussion sometimes takes a while to show up. You may be feeling good now, but be right back in here if you leave now because of the concussion. No sis, you stay here for the weekend. I'm going to be right here with you. I am going to eat my meals with you, watch tv with you. Would you like me to read to you too. Like, what's your favorite book?"

"Well I like romance novels, the Harlequin ones."

"You are only thirteen, what do you know about romance?"

"Well, mother never found my Harlequin books, or if she did, she didn't say anything. But I like the Harlequin books, they have very good stories."

"Okay, if I ask daddy to bring you some Harlequin romance novels, would you like me to read to you?"

"Yes, big sister, that would be very nice." She gave me a hug, and said she would be right back, because she was going to go and call daddy on her cell. When she came back, she told me that daddy almost had an anxiety attack too when she told him what kind of books I wanted.

"Why would he have an anxiety attack. All I want is a few Harlequin romance novels."

"That is why he almost had an anxiety attack. He still can't believe how far you have come in being a girl in such a short time. I can't even believe it. But you catch on quickly, and that is a good thing. Like when we went shopping, you were right in our element. You knew what you wanted, and you went for it. Of course, there were a few times you almost gave daddy a heart attack. He went through the same thing with me, so don't feel picked on. But you like became a girl almost immediately with like no training. What were you doing when you were with mother?"

"Growing up to be a girl."

"But how? I mean, mother never let you wear anything girlish, and you didn't have any girl clothes when you moved in by us. So, again, how?"

"My friends that mother didn't know about. When she thought I was by a boy's house, I was actually at one of my girl friend's houses learning how to be a girl. Don't ask me how I knew, but I knew that what mother was telling me was wrong. The night I came to live with you, is when I didn't have time to change back, and mother really lost it. But I am glad in a way that she did, because it showed me how she really thought of me. Like Josie's mom said to, she was retaliating against me because I challenged her way of thinking on how to raise children. I wasn't raised as a girl, but I have learned enough to be a good teen girl. See, when I was with my girl friends, we played with dolls, I wore Cyndi's clothes, and we had a wonderful time.

"When mother thought I was by a boy's house for the weekend, I was by either Cyndi's or Janet's and we had a good time. I loved the sleepovers. I haven't seen them for a while because Cyndi had to move away, and Janet goes to another school. But we had a lot of fun when we had sleepovers."

"Would you like it if you and Jessica, Marla, Josie and Darlene and me had a sleepover say for a weekend?"

"Oh yes. I know they would like that too."

"Your hair is growing out nicely, but it takes time for it to get to shoulder length. We can feather it now though, that way it will look a little more feminine. We will do that Monday night when you're at home. So, do you think you should get a little more rest? I mean, as long as you are here, take advantage of it, because once you get back home it won't be so simple, especially after court is over on Wednesday. Daddy said he will bring you a few books up later when he gets home from work. Now get some rest." She gave me a hug and then sat in the chair by the bed. Katie woke me up for lunch, and all I could eat was the salad. Katie didn't finish hers either. I watched tv for a bit, but the only thing good on was either CSI or NCIS. I liked both, but I liked NCIS better because of Abby. We watched NCIS until a man came in and said he was here to take me for my CT scan. Since I was feeling better, I got in the wheelchair and he wheeled me down to radiology. The CT scan lasted twenty minutes. When I got back to the room, I asked Katie what happened on NCIS. We got into a talk about Abby and her crazy antics, especially when she tries to tell in detail what she found and making comparisons. We watched NCIS until it went off, and we both went to sleep.

Breakfast was simple, just cereal, milk and juice. After breakfast was over, Dr. Fitzgibbons came in and said she had positive good news.

"Well Kira, I looked at the blood, I looked at the CT scan and the x-rays. There is one more thing I want done and that is an ultra sound of your abdomen. This will only confirm what the other ultra sound shows. Kira, you are one hundred per cent female. You are underdevloped, but that can be cured with time. That just means you have a little growing up to do. But now your mother cannot deny that you are female. If she says anything like that in court, judge Dawson is going to throw the book at her. That just means she will give your mother as much time in prison, as she can. I just wanted to stop and tell you what I have found. This last ultra sound will tell me what I already know. So now, we can go to court with evidence that your mother and her attorney cannot deny. So, take advantage of the weekend Kira, and get some rest. You can rest for two more days at home, because Amanda told me she said you should stay home Monday and Tuesday. I will see you tomorrow."

I couldn't sleep, so I turned on the tv. There isn't much of anything on hospital television in the morning, and this being Friday, I just went to sleep. I haven't slept as much as when I am in the hospital. It seems that that is all there is to do. Of course I could try knitting, or maybe crocheting, or maybe needlework. Something. Being in here with nothing to do is so boring, it hurts. Well, maybe not hurts, but you know what I mean. Anyone who has been in a hospital any length of time knows what I mean.

Katie woke me, and daddy gave me a hug. "Here are your books, punkin. I can't believe my youngest daughter reads Harlequin."

"Why not? I mean, after all I am thriteen years old. Actually, I have been reading these since I was ten. So, yes daddy, I know a little about romance, but that is from books. I need to know about how to have romance in real life. I mean, sooner or later a boy is going to ask me to go steady. So I am going to have know something. Katie is teaching me what I need to know, but it also helps if I know about situations too. I can see that in the books. I mean, I know not to let a boy put his hands where they don't belong, no matter how insistent he is. But I am getting to the point where I am noticing guys a lot more, and a lot of guys at the mall when we went, were cute."

"Okay, just let your dear old father get used to that. I went through this with Katie, and now I have to go through it with you. You are lucky young lady, that you are my youngest and last daughter. I don't think I could handle doing this with another daughter. Punkin I love you, I don't want to see you get hurt. Romance novels make it look so sweet and simple, but it isn't. Not all the time. How does that saying go? "Into each life a little rain must fall." That is pretty much romance in a nutshell. There are couples that have had fifty or more years together, but they had their ups and downs too. That is why part of the wedding vows says "for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part." Those are very serious vows and they are not to be taken lightly. I know what you are thinking. You're thinking your mother took those vows very lightly instead of working it all out. I agree. I wanted to work it out, but she was just so stubborn. How you put up with her for eight years is way beyond me. But like she did in the divorce, she forced her own hand and now she is going to be punished by the law for it.

"Punkin, you are going to go through one relationship after another. There are going to be boys that are going to break your heart because they are selfish and they don't care about your emotions. But just remember this. If one boy doesn't work out, there is always another one around the corner, or down the block or up the street. You listen to what Katie tells you, because you will find out when it happens, just how greedy boys can be, especially high school boys. All most high school boys are interested in is sex. If they get you pregnant, that is your worry according to them. But if the boy is eighteen, he can be charged with rape. I'm telling you this now so you know what you are getting into. There have been high school couples that have gotten married and made a life for themselves, but mostly high school relationships don't last. I can't tell you from the girl's point, but I can tell you generally. So if you do go steady with a boy, be very careful. On second thought, if a boy asks you to go steady, tell him he has to talk to me first, and then Katie. But I want you to be happy too."

"I know daddy, but I can't help but think what it would be like to be held by a boy, to kiss a boy, to go out on a date to a show and maybe a burger fries afterwards. These are things I have been thinking about lately. And these thoughts are not going away either."

"Daddy, I will talk to her about this. I know exactly why she is feeling this way. So I will have the "talk" with her."

"Alright Katie. You know, you two have been a lot closer since we found out that you are female, than when we thought you were a male. I see how you two do things together. That is what sisters are for. But if you ever get into a situation that even Katie can't handle, you come to me. Do you understand punkin?"

"Yes, daddy."

"Or even me, if it is a boy that thinks he is the greatest thing since Adonis."

"Danny!" I shrieked, and he gave me a hug.

"I mean that sis. If a boy wants to go out with you and you say no and keeps bothering you, tell me. I can handle things."

"Now Danny, there is no sense in getting in trouble because of an idiot. We can handle this if it comes up, as a family."

"Okay dad, but if the boy pushes it, I am going to push back for Kira's sake. I'm her big brother, and I will be there for her."

"Well, we seem to have talked that out. So, how are you feeling, punkin?"

"I feel alright, daddy. I mean, I wanted to go home today, but Dr. Fitzgibbons said no, because I could have a concussion, but it just hasn't shown up yet. She also wants another ultra sound, while I am here."

"Well, you listen to Dr. Fitzgibbons too. She is only concerned about your health. If she wants you here for the weekend, she has a good reason for it."

"Yes, daddy." I yawned, and daddy said he should be going because he had some papers at home to do for the office on Monday. He said he would be back tomorrow, and that I should get some rest. After hugs he left. Danny stayed a little longer. "Katie will you order lunch, please?"

"Of course, sis. I'm sorry but we seem to have lost track of the time. But we did get a lot accomplished though. What we talked about Kira, was very important. You need to remember what daddy said and Danny too. Now let me see. What would you like sis? There is a veritable garden of delights at hotel hospital. I think we will order the roast chicken dinner complete with mashed potatoes, garden salad, peas, milk, and for me a coffee. Would you like some tea, sis?"

"No, milk is fine. You can get Danny a tea though. They won't know it's for him."

"Danny, would like a cup of tea?"

"Yes, that sounds good. What kind do they have?"

"They have regular, decaf, chamomile, and herb."

"I'll have the chamomile. That is very soothing."

Katie called the order down and they said it would about forty five minutes. We talked about mostly nothing while we waited for the lunch trays. It is a good thing daddy's insurance is paying for this. I'm sorry, I never said what daddy did for a living. Well, he has his own business that overlooks other businesses that are incorporated into his little group of fifty businesses. He is the boss, the others who run the other businesses are managers. Daddy makes good money too, but he isn't a show off with it though. We live in a simple two story house with red brick outer walls, and our rooms are decorated the way we want them to be. We don't have a massive dining room, or an apartment sized living room. We are just simple people living in a not so simple world.

After we were through with our lunch, a lady came in with a wheelchair. "Hi Kira, I'm Debbie and I am here to take you for your ultra sound." I got in the wheelchair and she pushed me to radiology.

When we got in the room marked ultra sound, she had me lay on the exam table, and fussed with the machine for a bit, then she put some goo on this remote thingy and started moving in across my belly. She punched a few keys on the keyboard as she was moving the remote thingy, but all I could see were black fuzzy lines. I asked her what all those lines were and she told me that the area she was at now was my uterus. She moved the remote thingy down to just above my panty waistband, and after about fifteen minutes, she said she was through. She gave me two small towels to wipe the goo off of my belly, and then she wheeled me back to my room. She was young for a radiology tech, and she had sun yellow blonde hair, and and a very bright smile. When we got back to my room, Katie asked me if I wanted her to read to me. Danny made his apologies and left after giving us both nice brotherly hugs. Danny really meant what he said about being there for me, but he also will be there for Katie too. It is nice to have a big brother.
______________________________________________________________________
Continued in chapter XIV.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You took your time :)

But I don't hold it aganist you. ;)

Well hopefully Kira will be all right soon.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Nice chapter, things are coming to a head

I like the contrast between this and What Mother Didn't Know.

There are similarities but many difference. It's not just that one is current time and the other is late 50's early 60's, there is a whole different dynamic. Here we have a biologocal family coming back together despite the harm the ex-mom has and is causing for whatever her reason.

The other story is a family forming around their adopted child, her birth family never was one except for her mother and that has fallen apart. In that story there may be hope the birth mom will recover and become her mother again though likely too late for her remaining childhood.

As to this story, Kira's mom seem worse, either mentally ill or she somehow transfered her feelings of weakness as a woman into the way she raised this child. Why raise an obvously TG child as a boy firmly against the child's wishes and that of all of the rest of the family unless she wants to hurt them for some reason or thinks she can MAKE the child into a man by force of will. I'm not sure why she is as she is but I fear this mother will never reconcile,

Sad to day this happens all too often even in so called normal families. Relationships fall apart or deteriorate into something bad for reasons that are hard to fathom.

So glad to see you posted more.

It could be interesting if the heroine of What Mother Didn't Know came into this, say as the judge, Kiri's doctor when she is a wife and mother or something like that. Or she could be an expert witness about intersexed individuals brough in by the court to evaluate the evodence abour Kira. They could compare notes so to speak.

Your *baby* have fun your way.

john in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I'd love to comment

but I don't dare now. I found your two blogs on comments intimidating as hell...

Anonymous Coward

LOLOLOLOL

giggle, giggle. :)

Kira - Chapter 13 - Kira has a relapse.

I like the way that her family is supporting her. I think that a part of her overload is her body's maturing as it is. Unless I am mistaken, young ladies need some down time when they are going through their first few menses until their body sorts things out.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Is there a reason why

you focus on menses? How about her overload being due her mother being bonkers? How about "down" time every month from puberty to menopause. You lose a significant amount of blood over a short period of time, and see if you're into "overload." Are you convinced that none of us took high school health and sex ed when we were in school? Why keep pointing this stuff out? Mindy Cohen