Evan's New Life -1- Evie is found

Printer-friendly version

Evan's New Life Part One - Evie is found
by Baby-Becky

Sunlight was breaking through the clouds and filtering across the blinds dappling the desks of the students. One student sat staring ahead blankly not really seeming to concentrate on the voice of the teacher. He was about 13 but people thought him younger, he was small for his age and his body frame often threw people off for his identity.
The classroom was silent to Evan the drone of the teachers echoed round his head. But all that really mattered to him was the image in his mind’s eye. He smiled softly to himself.

Evan looked round the classroom in a daze, his mind elsewhere. The teacher spoke “Evan can you give me the answer?”

The fog swiftly broke from Evan’s head as the voice filtered through his thoughts.
He stared ahead, unsure of what had even been said to him.
“Sorry Miss, I didn’t hear the question” The giggles of his classmates made him turn red.

Slowly he reached out to his thoughts again. Much better he said to himself, I’m happy here it’s nicer quieter and I feel happy.
A poke in his back interrupted him. Clive his best friend was shoving a ruler in him.
“Buck up mate or you’ll be on detention”

Evan shook his head. Quickly glanced at Clive and grinned.
The bell rang and Evan glanced at his watch, end of the day he thought. He smiled. Picked up his bag, drop in his books and pens, closed the bag slung it over his shoulder and made his way out of the class.
“Hey, wait up” Clive jostled his way through the crowd of children along the corridor. He gently punched his best friend.

“What on earth was up with you in there? You looked in a different place”

Evan’s felt an ice-cold shiver run down his spine. Did Clive know? No he couldn’t know, no one knew.
“Is there something wrong?” His friend looked concerned. Evan shook his head.
“No. I’m fine, honestly. Just a touch tired that’s all”

They walked slowly down the corridor toward the doors that would lead to freedom till the following morning.

Evan felt buoyed by the fact he had some time till his aunt got home from the office. The pair walked out of the doors and across the cracked and split tarmac playground. The fresh air gently brushed their faces as they walked across towards the school gates, Evan stopped and reached into his bag and pulled out his iPod nano.
He popped one earphone in so he could still listen and talk to Clive.

He smiled to himself and he moved through the menu to the section he wanted and pressed play. The music started up and Evan sighed, a smile touched his lips and his eyes brightened.
The pair walked out the gates and down the road to the crossing. They watched and waited as the vehicles sped past totally oblivious to the fact they were in a school area. Evan looked up and down the road nothing coming he stepped into the road.

The car came from nowhere, the young woman hand one hand on the wheel the other holding a mobile phone she never saw Evan.
Clive screamed as the car hit Evan with a sickening thud and threw him over the bonnet onto the road.
Evan lay motionless Clive went pale. He walked over slowly, fearing his best friend was dead. “Evan?” Nothing. Quickly Clive pulled out his mobile and dialled the police and ambulance services.

The car had screeched to a halt. The young woman sat in her car shaking. She glanced over at the young boy standing over his best friend.
He must have been no more than 13. What have I done? The woman mouthed inside the car. She shook her head trying to compose herself.
This time she wasn’t going to get off with daddies money. Nothing would sort this especially if he was dead.
The sirens split the silent air as the emergency services roared into the area.
The police arrived first, the first officer out walked to the motionless body lying on the road. The second to the boy, he just pointed.
Jasmine swallowed back her fear as the officer walked quickly but with determination towards her vehicle.

The officer knocked on the window. Jasmine hit the switch as the electric window slid into the door.
He smiled. “This your vehicle Miss?”
Jasmine nodded, her earrings caught the sunlight and danced across the officer’s face.
“Please step out of the car Miss” Jasmine opened the door and stepped out. She took a couple of steps, then she seemed to lose her balance, the officer reached out and held her.
“Don’t worry Miss it’s normal. Shock and the like to lose one’s balance and feel the effects of an accident”
The horror of what she had done suddenly hit Jasmine hit like a truck.

The paramedics silently checked Evan. They looked at the blood and the twisted form of his right leg.
“We have a pulse, faint and slow, but a pulse,” One said. The other walked back to the vehicle and collected a spine board and neck brace.

Clive looked on in horror barely able to comprehend what had happened. One minute he was talking to his friend the next he’s lying in the road looking dead. The tears streamed down his face. A glint of glass caught his eye he walked over to investigate.
Evan’s iPod he picked it up and saw the track Hotel California by The Eagles. He smiled it was Evan’s father’s favourite song he popped the earphones in. He listened but all he could hear was a nursery rhyme. He looked at the iPod wondering if it has taken a bad knock and gone wrong. He speed through a couple of songs till “Weird Al” Yankovic and Amish Paradise came up and hit play. Another nursery rhyme.
Clive looked at his best friend wondering. He knew he didn’t have any younger brothers or sisters so why did he have nursery rhymes on his iPod?

One of the medics walked over to Clive, he looked worried your friend is in a serious condition but stable. Clive gave them Evan’s details and the phone number to call Evan’s mother.
The paramedics carefully eased Evan onto the board and stabilised his head and lifted him onto the gurney and wheeled him onto the vehicle.
They sped off to the hospital.

Alicia Jackson sat her desk when the phone rang. “Alicia how may I help you?”
Afterwards she could barely remember the words spoken to her. But she dropped the phone and screamed, then passed out.

She awoke to her office manager Dexter kneeling next to her asking her if what was wrong. She barely audibly told him that Evan her nephew was in hospital having been hit by a car.
He smiled at her “Right first of all I am so sorry Alicia, I’ll drive you there you are in no fit state to be behind a wheel. Take as long as you need to see Evan is OK we’ll cover for you here”

She could see through the haze that was her mind her friends nodding and them looking concerned. Dexter helped her up and took her out to the cloakroom she collected her coat and Dexter lead her gently out to the car park to his car.
Unlocked the door Alicia slid onto the seat and buckled up. Dexter got in buckled up and turned the key and drove off slowly toward the hospital.

The police officer looked at the woman she was in serious shock. She was pale and her skin looked clammy and slightly sweaty.
“I need you licence Miss please” Jasmine just stared ahead into the distance her world had just shattered for real this time. Nothing could mend this.
“Licence Miss, please”
“What?”
“Miss I need to see your drivers licence”

Jasmine reached in picked up her handbag and took out her purse. Wordlessly she took out her licence and handed it to the officer. He glanced at it and radioed the details in. The details he got back rocked him.
“Miss you are driving with a suspended licence” Jasmine nodded.
“I’m arresting for driving a vehicle with an invalid licence You do not have to say anything but anything you do say will be taken down and may be given in evidence. Do you understand?” Jasmine just nodded. This couldn’t be happening. Not now. Please not now.

Evan was wheeled through the doors. With a medic on the side doing compressions.
The patients and visitors parted like the Red Sea as the gurney sped through the corridors. “Come on kid” The medic muttered, “Don’t die on me”

The compressions pressing onto Evan’s chest kicked in. Evan gasped and his eyes flew open. “Well good to see you kid” The medic smiled down at Evan.
They went into the lift and went up to floor three. Along to a private room where the door was open. The gurney passed through the door and stopped they gently lifted Evan onto the bed. A nurse and doctor walked into the room and smiled at the boy lying pale and weak on the bed. He did not look nor more than 8 or 9 and about 70 pounds dripping wet. A knowing smile passed between them.

The doctor quickly examined Evan. “Well you have two broken legs for certain young man I’m sorry to say. We’ll send you for some X-rays to make sure nothing else is broken” The Doctor walked to the end of the bed made some notes on the chart. “I’ll give you something for the pain and I’ll come back when your parents arrive”
Evan looked at the doctor. “My parents are dead I live with my aunt Alicia”
“I’m sorry Evan. I’ll be back to see you when your aunt arrives”

The second officer walked Clive over to the car. “He’ll be alright kid they have a very good team of surgeons at Dangerfield Hospital” Weakly Clive smiled.
“He’s my best friend we do everything together” The officer nodded. “Come on I’ll take you home” he led Clive to the car and opened the door for him. Clive hopped in and buckled himself up. He looked out the window at the car and driver, the tear started to form again as he thought of the car striking his friend and throwing him in the air like a doll.

“Will she go to prison?” Clive asked. The officer turned his head towards the young boy.
“That will be for the court to decide. But she is in a lot of trouble”
Clive smiled. “I hope so she hurt Evan”

Dexter pulled into the hospital car park and found a free slot and parked. He got out and helped Alicia out. “He’ll be OK Alicia they’re very good here. They do a lot of pioneering work”

Numbly Alicia nodded. Silently they walked to the entrance. The Entrance had a big green sign saying Dangerfield Hospital, the doors slid back silently as they got near the sensors picking them up.

They walked through the doors Dexter keeping on Alicia’s arm supporting her. She approached the desk. “My nephew has been admitted he was hit by a car”
The receptionist looked up at woman standing before her 30 maybe 35, young for an Aunt she thought. “Name please?” “Evan Robinson he’s 13”
She keyed in the information. “He’s on Foxham ward, that’s floor 3 turn left and take the lift” “Thank you”

Alicia started to walk briskly down the corridor. She disliked hospitals but she had to put on a show for Evan. Plus she could hardly let Dexter see her weak. No not Dexter.
She pressed the button and doors opened she stepped in Dexter right on her heels followed. He pressed 3 and the lift silently hummed as the powerful motors and cables lifted the steel box to the third floor.

The police car pulled into the station with Jasmine in the back seated, alone, and scared.
She’d had a sheltered life with everything money could buy, and also the ability to make problems vanish. But this was different. She had killed someone, and not even daddies wealth and power could make that issue vanish.
She was lead into the custody suite where she was booked in. A female officer took her into a room and searched her and then led her quietly to a cell.

Alicia raced along the corridor Dexter keeping up easily with his long strides.
They found a nurse who pointed them to the room Evan was in. Alicia walked in and took one look at Evan and would have collapsed again if Dexter hadn’t been there to grab her. “Oh god Evan” She turned to Dexter and wrapped her arms round his chest and wept.
Her long blonder tresses hung limply on his chest as she poured out her anger and grief. Dexter just held her tightly whispering soft words to try and ease her pain.

Clive sat in his room shaking. The officer had dropped him off and after a few minutes explaining to his mother what had happened he’d shut himself away in his room to compose himself. He tried shutting his eyes to clear his head but all he could hear was the crunch and thud as the car hammered into Evan. Evan my friend.
He rolled over onto his bed and his eyes touched on Evan’s iPod.

Maybe I misheard the songs in my daze he mused as he flicked through the menus.
He touched upon Green Day “21 Guns”, he smiled he loved Green Day. He pressed play. A soft voice was heard “Once upon a time in land far, far away there lived”.
Clive pressed stop. He looked in confusion at the iPod. Softly he whispered “Evan what is it you are trying to say?”

Tyrone Dangerfield’s Rolls Royce pulled into the police car park. The chauffeur opened the door for his master to exit. Tyrone stepped out his face as black as thunder, barely able to control his temper he walked towards the entrance.
Pushing open the doors he stepped into the artificial light of the station and stepped to the desk. The duty sergeant smiled “Can I help you sir?” Tyrone just looked at the officer inwardly smiling if only he knew.

“I believe you have my daughter here Jasmine Dangerfield” The sergeant looked down his list of prisoners. “That’s correct sir we do”
A tight smile touched Tyrone’s lips. “I want to take her home. Now”

The doctor walked back into the room containing Evan, he look harassed after a long day, his looked untidy and his eyes has lost their early morning sparkle. He had a large brown folder under his arm.

He smiled as he saw Evan’s aunt and the gentleman holding her hand giving it a gentle squeeze. “You must be his aunt Alicia? I’m Evan’s doctor James Kelly” She looked up, pale and scared out of her wits. She nodded imperceptibly. “Well I have your nephew’s X ray results here I’m sorry but they’re not very good” Alicia started to softly cry, the guy holding her hand quickly held her and whispered softly to her.
The doctor moved to a light box and turned it on the box flickered before settling into a bright glow. He slid the first X ray under the clips and the image of Evan’s legs showed up in grey black and white. The damage was stark and harrowing his right leg was shattered

“As you can see the tibia & fibula bones are shattered in three places. He’ll need surgery to have the leg pinned and plates inserted, he’ll be off his feet for some time I’m afraid”

Alicia just stared ahead barely able to understand what was being said all she could see was the image burned into her retina’s of Evan’s leg. She turned slowly to look at the doctor her voice came out as a soft whisper “will he walk again?”
“Yes he will but he’ll need intensive physiotherapy and plenty of rest. But he should make a full recovery he’s young and his bones aren’t fully formed”
Alicia just nodded numbly. Dexter looked over at the images a flicker of emotion touched his lips but his eyes stared blankly.

Clive sat staring into space. Shook himself and turned on his laptop wait while it powered up. Alone with his thoughts just what was Evan doing with nursery rhymes and fairy stories on his iPod. He waited as the laptop kicked into life them loaded up his browser. He sat looking at the google search engine he tapped his lips what do I type in he thought.
Quickly he typed in the words nursery rhymes fairy stories adults. Several hits came back. He looked “this can’t be right” he whispered to himself. But staring in front of him was the evidence.

The sergeant looked at the man standing in front of him. “Sorry sir I am afraid that is not possible” The man’s face reddened. “Do you know who I am?” the man replied with a condescending tone. The sergeant’s eyes flickered as he looked at the man.
“No sir I don’t. Should I?”

Tyrone pulled himself up he was going to enjoy this. Little upstart officials like this deserved nothing but contempt. “Well sergeant I will have you know I am Sir Tyrone Dangerfield” He placed extra emphasis on the Sir and Dangerfield.
The sergeant looked thunderstruck. He swallowed nervously there where stories round the station. Most saying that you crossed Tyrone Dangerfield once. The man had power money and influence in spades.

The sergeant knew though that he had a duty to perform. He pulled himself up and looked at man who could snuff his career out in the blink of an eye. “Sorry Mister Dangerfield but she can’t leave she’s in the cells till tomorrow morning when bail will be set. I think for the seriousness of the case it’s likely to be high”
Tyrone looked at the sergeant. He smiled and walked out, pulling out his mobile as he did so.

James Kelly walked out of room with the files and took them to the reception and handed them over. He walked along to the staff room and walked in and straight to the coffee machine and poured a cup and took a sip. The caffeine hit his system giving him a slight buzz. Just what I needed he thought.
As he did a buzz in his coat pocket disturbed his train of thought. He pulled the mobile out and checked the caller. Tyrone Dangerfield. He took the call.
“What do you want Tyrone? I told you to not call me at the hospital”
“Now is that the way to talk to the man who controls your private funding?”
“Don’t threaten me Tyrone I know too much” The man on the other end blanched visibly and his breathing quickened as the implications sunk in. But no he had a favour to ask. Well no, not ask, demand more like.

Alicia looked at her nephew and her heart went out to him. “Evan we’ll see you’re safe with us. Dexter and I will help you through all of your physiotherapy”
Evan smiled weakly. “Thank you auntie. I’m sorry I just didn’t see her”
Alicia looked at her broken and battered nephew lying there. In pain afraid and nervous. “Don’t worry honey it will be all sorted out”
Dexter looked across at his lover’s nephew. “Hey kid it’s going to alright your aunt and I will make any adjustments we need in the house. If we have to move your bedroom downstairs we will. You’re strong enough to get through this”
Evan looked across at the two adults “where is Clive?” His aunt spoke “he’s home by now I imagine he’s fine the car didn’t hit him. I think he’s likely to want to see you tomorrow when you’re up to it” Where’s my iPod auntie I need it please it’s important” “Well if it’s lost or broken I’ll get you a new one” “No auntie I need this one” Alicia looked at Evan something was bothering him the iPod seemed very important to him.

Jasmine sat looking at the whitewashed walls. She shook from fear anger and frustration. She got up and started the small pacing that lead to the ends of her tiny cell. “How could I have been so stupid” she muttered.
Shaking her head she kept up the rhythmic pacing more to occupy her mind than anything else.
The officer watched silently from a room keeping an eye on all the cell monitors was hardly fun. But this time he had a bon-a-fide toff in custody. He smiled as he watched her pacing up and down. She looked broken and crushed. Her life and had just crashed and burned monumentally.
Jasmine threw herself onto the tiny bed and started sobbing. Her chest heaved and painful wracks emitted from her tiny body. She beat the pillow with her fists she needed to take it out on something. Always she had managed to get away with her mistakes and errors. But a dead child while phoning a friend wasn’t going to cut it with daddy the police or the magistrates. Would she get bail she wondered. If she did would it be high? Would daddy have to step in and make the appropriate noises to sort it, after all she had money but not that much if the bond was too high.

Clive sat transfixed looking at the screen as a wealth of information passed between his eyes and his brain. He moved the cursor down the page and read on. Hardly able to understand some of what was said. What he did understand he wasn’t really sure he believed it anyway. Did people really want to slide back into childhood? Did they also really want to be in some cases of the opposite sex and play with dolls and wear pretty dresses? He read on. The more he read he started to understand it. Just about. A traumatic event in the child’s life could trigger it. Well Evan had that both his parents had been killed in a car accident when he was five. So that would account for that.
His aunt had stepped in and took charge of as his mother’s sister she was next of kin.
Could this be how Evan feels? He shook his head surely not. But there it was staring back at from the ether. Evan it seemed wished to go back to infancy as a little girl.
His best friend wanted to be girl? He laughed softly.

“Listen to me Kelly” Tyrone growled, “I need you to do something with your little set up. My daughter has gone too far this time she hit and killed a young kid this afternoon” Kelly listened on as Dangerfield listed his daughter’s many faults and how she was always falling back on daddies reputation and money to get her out of fixes.
“What is it you want me to do Tyrone” snapped Kelly. “Funny you should ask that James. I need you to use your little trauma set up to regress Jasmine back to infancy”
“Sure” Kelly answers “She’s had trauma with the accident it will help get her life back on track” Laughter echoed in his ear. “No James. I want her back to a permanent state. Don’t give me any crap about it being unethical I know you do it. So just do it or I’ll hang you out to dry”

Evan had a restless night he’d been given something for the pain but his legs still hurt. The dark shape in the chair moved and spoke. “Evan is everything alright?” It was his aunt. “Yes auntie just thought of something funny”
“Mister Grant has gone to set up one of the rooms downstairs for you” Evan sighed
Why did she call him Mister Grant to him? He was Dexter as far as he was concerned.
It’s not as if he was anything special. Sure he took him to the cinema and to the odd football game, but I only go to the football for my aunt’s sake, I don’t even like football, but I got for her as she clearly loves Dexter.

A female officer came and collected Jasmine shortly after her breakfast. “Come on Miss Dangerfield time for the bail hearing” Jasmine brushed the imaginary crumbs off her dress and ran her fingers through her hair. She sighed and put her hands behind her back as the officer cuffed her. She was gently led out of the cell and towards an exit. This was one of the old style stations and attached to the courtrooms via tunnel.
She was lead down and along the well light tunnel. Neither of them spoke in the short time it took. Jasmine took it to try and compose herself for what could happen to her.
She knew no bail was a strong possibility despite her being who she was. She just needed bail and then she could make a run for it daddy could take the loss. But she knew she couldn’t or wouldn’t be able to take prison and that was where she was headed having killed the boy.

Clive awoke with a start as his alarm buzzed. He blinked in the bright light filtering through the curtains the dust particles dancing in the bright light.
He groaned seven o’clock. He turned over “five more minutes” he mumbled to the alarm clock. A knock on the door disturbed and wrecked the five more minutes he had asked for. “Come in mum” He knew his mother’s knock. He sat up trying to look bright and alert despite feeling deflated and having bed head.
His mother walked in
“How are you feeling sweetie” she asked brightly.
“Guess I’m Okay mother” Clive replied. She moved to the foot of the bed and sat down sweeping her skirt under herself.
“Look darling you had a terrible experience yesterday I think you should have a couple of days off to recover. I am sure the school will understand completely”
Clive just sat and nodded. Inside he was itching to check more about Evan and what it was that drove him and what the person feels by reverting back to infancy.

James Kelly pulled into the hospital parking lot just before seven in the morning. He failed to notice the dark coloured sedan parked where it shouldn’t. As he got out and locked up two large guys approached him. The taller one who was maybe six foot six and a good two hundred and twenty pounds spoke. “James Kelly?” Kelly looked at the guy “Yes that’s me” The guy reached out and wrapped his hand round the top of his arm and squeezed hard trapping the nerves and muscles. A shock of pain ripped through Kelly’s arm. He tried to scream but the guys other hand cupped his mouth and he shook his head as though to say, “don’t even think about it”
We have a message for you from a friend. Kelly knew instantly what this was about.
They showed Kelly a picture of his sister who was off to university at the other end of the country. “Do as asked and she won’t get hurt” Kelly’s eyes showed fear and anger that they had targeted an innocent in this game. But he nodded enough to get through to the goons he understood the message.

Jasmine stood in the dock as the chief magistrate looked at the notes. “You are charged with driving while on using a mobile phone and causing an accident how do you plead?”
Jasmine stood in shock. Causing an accident? The kid wasn’t dead. Thank God.
Jasmine looked straight ahead. She smiled to herself I can get out this one she thought. “Not guilty” She replied. The magistrate nodded “duly noted bail is set at fifteen thousand pounds”
Jasmine felt as if she had been struck. She reeled as the enormity of the whole scenario was unfolding in front of her. But she still could phone daddy to pay the bail fee. “I don’t have that but I can get it” she replied.
The officer collected Jasmine and took back to the station. Once back in the station they allowed Jasmine to phone her father.
“Daddy? It’s Jas I have a problem I’m in the police station I hit a boy yesterday in my car and bail has been set at fifteen thousand”
She waited while her father ranted and raved at her stupidity and carelessness. He promised to go and sort the bail money out and would be down as soon as was feasible.

Dexter was in Evan’s room moving a few of his things down to the lower floors so he could access to his favourite games, books and toys. He picked up pile of books and one slipped out and fell open on the floor. It looked to be a boring history book. But he looked at the inside and got the shock of his life.
There was a picture of a young boy dressed as a little girl hugging a doll. With a big arrow pointing to it with the words “I wish this was me” pointing to it.
Dexter’s mind reeled was Evan gay? No he dismissed that as soon as it hit his brain.
It’s something else. He looked closely at the picture his eyes widen. The picture was
Evan. Well certainly the head was, had he photo-shopped the head onto the image?
It was a thing lots of people did. Alter images to something they wish to be or desire.
He took the books downstairs leaving the image in the book exactly where he found it. The kid had gone through enough problems without starting up another one. He was going to have enough in the coming weeks and months learning to walk again and the physiotherapy.

James Kelly walked in still shaking from the encounter he tried to compose himself before running into members of staff. He ran his mind through the T.A.R.S programme. He knew it was basically designed to helped people from great trauma recover and allow their mind to cover the incident as it built new memories. But in some cases and for certain assistance and funds it had been used rather unethically at times. But now he was being forced to use to the programme on Dangerfield’s daughter and not to cover a memory but to regress it and keep it in a certain place and time. He shook himself could I actually do this to Jasmine he wondered. He mused as he picked up Evan’s charts wonder if I could get old man Dangerfield to cough up a few gee’s to help the kid he looks as though he could do with it after all his daughter caused the accident.

Clive quickly bolted his breakfast down and raced upstairs as his mother called after him to remember to brush his teeth.
He quickly turned to the google home page and typed in acting as little girls adults
The amount of hits shocked him. He started clicking on the pages reading and making notes. That some used the regression as a way to cover and blank out bad childhood experiences and to build new ones and see themselves as what they wished they’d been. They wanted a happier more liberating childhood where life was easier and more carefree, and becoming the fairer sex allowed this is a better way than staying and being a baby boy or little boy. Girls usually got treated better wore nicer clothes and were more gentle.
Clive wrote furiously re-checking and making notes going back on pages and checking if sites differed on points of view.
But the general conclusion he came too by late morning was that this was Evan’s way of coping with his parent’s death and his inability to express himself in society. He started to understand his friend more now and had deeper respect for him. This couldn’t be easy he knew how much Evan had been hurt and shocked by their early death.

Tyrone drove himself down to the courthouse fuming. Fifteen thousand to free his daughter. It wasn’t the money that was incidental it was the fact that once again she had dragged the family name through the mud. Well for the last time he thought. Never again will I pay off some official or member of the public. He smiled to himself if she knew what was coming she’d be making a run for it.
Which is why he’d hidden her passport and closed her trust fund. There was no way she was going to not face the music this time. An injured child was something Tyrone Dangerfield felt tug at his heartstrings. He glanced at his watch as the powerful engine purred under the bonnet. He had time. He took the next turning and followed the signs to the hospital. Pulled into his personal parking slot. Walked through the doors to reception and asked for Evan Robinson’s ward the receptionist told him. Tyrone smiled and thanked her and took the lift up. How do I want to play this he thought? Just say who I am and offer them help? He dismissed both ideas from his head.
He walked along the corridor till he spotted the room where Evan was situated.
He took a deep breath and walked in.

Dexter sat down and looked at the picture. It seemed from the way it had been done it meant something dear to Evan. But the question that kept coming back to him was how or do I say something to Alicia. She cares and loves Evan dearly and would want him happy. But really would this be the best way to go?
He walked back up to Evan’s room and picked up the boy’s laptop. He stopped sat down and turned it on. Waited it powered up all the while turning over in his mind how to handle this. It was pretty obvious this needed specialist help and or gently handling. He watched as the laptop kicked in. Turned on the browser and went straight to Evan’s history.
He tried to take it all in. there seemed to be a lot of stories from fictionmania he clicked on the links several stories from allie elle. He skimmed through them he seemed to reading a lot of what he felt Evan was feeling. He noticed another link Topshelf again this same author allie elle. It seemed to him that this author reached out to Evan and meant something to him. He read through again a couple of the stories quickly. He checked Evan’s folder and found one named me3. He opened it.

Jasmine waited for her father. She frowned he should have been here by now Tyrone Dangerfield wasn’t a man to be kept waiting or to make people wait. He was efficient with his time paring meetings down to the minute. So where was he?
She drummed her fingers on the mattress a soft noise reached her ears as her fingers beat on the material. She stood up and started the pacing that last night had seemed to soothe her from the horror of what she had done, or thought she had done. But now she knew by sheer luck he was alive. But that still didn’t erase the fact she had been driving dangerously and was in serious trouble. The pacing increased and she grew agitated “where was he? Surely he wouldn’t leave her here to go to jail cell?”
Up and down back and forth Jasmine paced.
The officer watched he pacing and noted it. Didn’t want anything to happen and it note be noted down if she did something stupid.

Clive sat at his desk with several pages of notes and link written down. “Well” he mused, “If this is how you wish to be Evan I promise I’ll be there for you. I may not fully understand all of it. But you’re my friend and I hate to see you unhappy and in pain” He did a quick google search of little girl stories and noted down the links.
Clive sat back in his chair and started to read through his copious notes. Shaking his head he wondered how some of the people who felt this way kept it all together it must be such a strain to keep it in. This is hardly the same as slipping on heels and a skirt. Society tends to look upon those better after all Eddie Izzard cross dresses and he’s liked. But from what he had read too many get the wrong idea with those who wish to be, dress and act like little girls or babies.
He checked the time and put his notebook in his desk drawer and locked it. He wasn’t going to chance his mother or sister finding that and quizzing him relentlessly.
He walked downstairs to see what was being dished up for dinner.

Tyrone extended his hand toward Alicia “good morning I’m Tyrone Dangerfield”
Alicia took his hand shook it gently “Alicia Jackson this is my nephew Evan”
Tyrone smiled “I know Miss and I’m truly sorry for what happened. Believe me the person responsible will pay for it” Alicia looked at the man standing before her he was about five foot nine reasonably well built short cut hair black with a hint of grey.
“How can you be so sure they’ll feel the extent of the law. People get off on this sort of thing all the time” Tyrone looked back and smiled softly. “First of all let me reiterate I am very sorry for what happened. But the driver was my daughter” The slap happened so fast he didn’t have a chance to stop it. Alicia sat back down shaking,
“Sorry I am sorry I shouldn’t have done that” Tyrone nodded “It’s Okay I deserved that in a way. But I promise you she will be very sorry for this”
Tyrone sat down next to Alicia he reached into his jacket and pulled out a cheque- book and a gold fountain pen and quickly wrote out a cheque folded it in two and handed it over.
Then handed over his business card and wrote a number on the back. “This is my home number if you need anything call me day or night. He stood up and walked as he reached the door he turned and looked at Evan. “I promise you kiddo I’ll do everything to see you are back to normal and healthy soon”

Dexter’s eyes registered shock and disbelief. The folder was full of images of little girls all with Evan’s had added. Playing with dolls, doll houses. Cuddling soft toys sitting in a high chair being fed.
“Poor kid” Dexter muttered. He skimmed through the pictures. A word document caught his eye. Dexter double clicked it as it opened sat there thinking there must be a way to help him. The document loaded and Dexter sat and read his way through. As on the pages Evan poured his heart out in words he wouldn’t or most likely couldn’t do to a living person. He explained how never felt accepted at school or in life as Evan that life was painful and frightening too him. His whole life was wrong from the start and he wished he was a little girl of 2 years of age and was called Evie.
Dexter sat numb and then angry with himself for not noticing the signs. Evan had always played with younger children and babysat them and enjoyed their games.
He watched all the nanny programmes on television.
Dexter printed the document off turned off the laptop and took it down to the room that for the time being would be Evan’s.

James Kelly walked towards his office and opened it walked in closed the door and leaned back on the door. He shut his eyes trying to wipe the image and memory of what had just happened. But it wouldn’t go. He sat down behind his desk turned on this computer and waited while it started up. Once up he typed in his password then open a file T.A.R.S (trauma assistance recovery system) typed in a secondary password as the file system opened up he sat at looked at the name of previous patients most of who had been trauma patients but a few select ones had been pushed deeper till they reached a state of which they for all intense purposes believed themselves to be the age they were told. James looked at the screen tapped his fingers on the desk “Can I really do it again?” He skimmed through the list, and the stages of the programme. But he knew he had no choice Dangerfield controlled a lot of the funding and he knew way too much for him to not to do it.
Sighing deeply he closed the program and turned off the computer.

Alicia watched as Tyrone Dangerfield exited the room. She opened the cheque and gasped. Evan looked over at his auntie “Is something wrong auntie?”
Alicia blinked away the tears “No sweetie everything is just perfect honestly”
She looked at the cheque in disbelief. But there it was in black and white fifteen thousand pounds. She sat staring at the cheque. She knew it would certainly help, as she would have to be off work to help Evan.
She smiled softly. “Everything will be alright now Evan dear that nice man has just helped”

Tyrone pushed open the door to the courtroom and walked through to the payments section. “I’m here to post Jasmine Dangerfield’s bail” The clerk looked up then skimmed through the names and amounts. She smiled “Yes that’s fifteen thousand pounds please” Tyrone pulled a cheque out of jacket and handed it wordlessly to the clerk. The made a notation next to the name. The she phoned through to the station and spoke to the duty sergeant.
“She’ll be ready in a few minutes” Tyrone nodded and walked off to collect his wayward daughter.

Clive wordlessly sat down and eats his dinner. Cheese on toast one of his favourites but all he could really think about was Evan. The pain he must have been going through well still was this wasn’t likely to end anytime soon was it.
He needed to find a way to talk to Evan and explain he knew and understood and would try to help him. But how was the issue he wrestled with as he munched through his toast. He stared blankly out of the window. His mother looked at him
“Clive is everything alright?” Clive nodded “Yes mum just thinking about something and a way to help a friend”
She smiled “Okay sweetie as long as it’s not troubling you too much”
He put down his last piece of toast half-eaten and pushed back his chair and raced upstairs. Opened his door unlocked his drawer and started reading his notes he was sure there was something in here to unlock the way to talk to Evan. There has to be he couldn’t let him suffer anymore. Not now not now he understood all of it.

The cell door unlocked “Out you come Miss your father has posted bail you are free to go” Jasmine looked up from the bed hopped up and stepped out of the cell. Freedom she thought sweet freedom from that tiny cell.
She walked out with the officer to the desk. Her father stood waiting his face unreadable. She smiled weakly at him. Nothing. She looked at him she knew he was annoyed big time. Just how annoyed she was about to find out.
He opened the door to the fresh air like the gentleman he was. Walked her to the car opened the door “Get in” She climbed in meekly. Tyrone climbed in the other and looked across at his daughter. “Well?” Jasmine tried the old daughter trick of a soft smile. “Cut it out Jasmine this time is serious” “Okay father don’t give me grief it was an accident he just stepped out in front of me. I didn’t see him it wasn’t my fault”
“Don’t lie to me Jasmine I’ve seen the report, you were on your damn phone while driving” Jasmine took the rebuke as though she’d been slapped her father rarely swore and nearly always kept his temper.
“I’ve made an appointment for you to see a friend of mine a doctor something needs to be done to sort your head out. I am not always going to bail you out of trouble, in fact I’m cutting you off you’ll get no more from me.

Dexter finished setting the room up for Evan the room was light and airy it would help Evan. A small table that would go over the bed was in the room with his laptop on and plugged in all Evan had to do was turn it on.
He looked round the room and smiled a germ of an idea was forming in his head. But how do I broach the idea to Alicia. “I have the print out of how he feels but really will that be enough to convince her that he needs to be this little girl?”
Deep down he knew work had to be done to help Evan or the poor kid would crack under the pressure of trying to hold the girl in he needed to be.
He glanced round the room one last time to make sure it would fit its purpose for time being. Satisfied he walked out of the room. Locked up the house walked out to his car and drove back towards the hospital all the time turning over in his mind how and when to tell Alicia.

James Kelly walked out of his office his heart and minding racing. This wasn’t what he signed up to do with the system but it had just led there through a series of miscalculations. But if the right person came along then he’d get a big pay bonus. He cast glances around as he walked towards the room that held the nerve centre of T.A.R.S he unlocked the door and entered turn on the light and locked the door behind him.
Turned on the computer and unlocked the inner door and walked into a different world. In the corner was a changing table with a pink mat on top and underneath a cupboard.
The floor was covered in a soft carpet with Disney characters all over it.
The lights were bright with fairies on them. The walls had Snow White and Cinderella on them. He opened the cupboard under the changing mat. Stacks of nappies in all sizes stood on top of each other some in pink some in white. A second door was hidden opposite the changing the table. He smiled softly to himself, knowing the secret behind that particular door.
He shook himself “No I have to do this I just have too” James walked over the head of Donald Duck to a wardrobe and opened a rack of short baby dresses in an array of colours hung on a rail in front of his eyes. “This isn’t going to be easy but there is no way I am going down for this”

Tyrone pulled into his personal slot with his daughter and smiled at her. “Look this is for your own good dear you’ve been getting in too much trouble”
Jasmine sat looking straight ahead. What did he really know? It wasn’t like she did things on purpose sure she used her name to influence people and get off but not always. “Jasmine are you listening to me?” She turned to look at her father she smiled weakly and nodded. “Then out you get” Jasmine exited the car and stood wondering just what was going to happen to her. After all he rarely did anything to punish them and seeing a doctor over this seemed a bit strange but if it shut him up for a while and allowed her the time to disappear to another country for while then it was all well and good. Jasmine’s father walked round to her come on Jasmine it’s this way. The pair entered the hospital and made their way up the third floor. Tyrone lead Jasmine to the door marked T.A.R.S and knocked. James Kelly took a deep breath at the knock.
“Here goes nothing” he muttered and opened the door. “Hello Tyrone” he greeted the man “You must be Jasmine?” The girl nodded and glanced round the room.
“What is this place?” The man in the white coat spoke “This is a place where we help people who have had trauma and help them build memories to erase that specific event that caused the trauma”
“But I haven’t had any trauma” Jasmine replied. Her father looked at Jasmine “But you have my dear what about the accident?”
Jasmine shook herself this was all about the stupid accident? She looked towards the door but her dad was blocking the way. The shrugged guess it won’t hurt to see what it’s all about she thought to herself.

Evan was sitting up right in the bed the pain a dull ache in his legs. His thoughts drifted off to his happy place. He was sitting in his room the pink walls and princess bed clothing marked the room as that belonging to a little girl.
Evie picked up her favourite and sat her down at the small table around it sat a bear a Snow White soft toy and a pink rabbit. She smiled as he spoke to them in her soft immature voice “would they all like tea?” She clapped her hands as they all replied they would. She filled their cups with tea and then offered them all a piece of cake.
She sat down and spoke quietly to all her dolls and soft toys that she was now happy. Her life was now they way it should be things weren’t wrong anymore, the ache and pain of not being understood had vanished and she felt complete in her mind and body. But she knew one thing was still wrong and one day when she was old enough that too would go away then. And only then would it be truly over and complete.
She giggled as the rabbit made a joke with Snow White. A noise disturbed her she looked towards the door as her auntie came in the room carrying a clean nappy and pair of frilly pants. “Time for a change darling” she called over to niece. Evie stood up and waddled over to auntie and held her arms up. Her auntie picked her up and carried her to the changing table. She pulled up her niece’s dress and pulled down and off her pants and dropped them into nappy bucket then untapped her nappy. And opened it. “Evan are you all right you looked far away?” he just smiled “I’m fine auntie just fine” he closed his eyes and drifted back.

Dexter locked the car as exited in the car park at the hospital still trying to find a way to break the news to Alicia. His hand touched the print out. He had that sure, but he knew he also had to try and explain it to her in spoken words of what he had seen on Evan’s laptop in the hope he could get her to see the boy’s pain and anguish.
He knew that something somehow had to be sorted the boy suffering in silence and from what he had read online that could lead to big problems later on in life and while Evan wasn’t his biological child he loved as such and he was going to help him. “I have to” he said softly to the wind. He walked into the entrance and walked round to the bank of lifts and pressed the lift call button.
He got off at the third floor and walked determinedly towards the room containing Evan and Alicia. He smiled as he walked in. “Evan I’ve set the room up moved some of your books down and your laptop”
Evan glanced at Dexter, had he seen anything? I hope not he thought how would I explain I want to be a little girl. Dexter smiled at the kid lying in the bed and spoke to Alicia “Want to go and get some coffee and something to eat?” she turned to look at Evan. “What about Evan if he needs something?” “Auntie I’ll be okay I promise” Evan replied. Alicia stood up and walked out of the room with Dexter towards the hospital cafeteria.

Follow me please Jasmine Dr. Kelly informed her and led her towards the inner door.
Her eyes registered the shock of what was inside. “But his is a baby’s room or little girls” she exclaimed. “Yes” the doctor replied “We find that by taking people back to an earlier period in their lives it makes it easier to gloss or and hide bad experiences”
He motioned for Jasmine to sit down she found a chair and sat. James sat down opposite her in a large black leather chair. “Now Jasmine the program or system really is quite intense and difficult for some but believe me the outcome is well worth it you’ll be and feel a better girl at the end of it. He flashed a disarming smile.
Jasmine looked round the room trying to take it all in and not fully seeing what it was she felt was wrong. Then it hit her like a run away truck. Did he say girl?

Clive sat alone with his thoughts. Not all of them happy and good. He looked out of his bedroom window across the street to where Evan lived with his aunt and Mr Grant. Mentally Clive shook himself looked down at his notes and sighed. He hit the enter button on his laptop and the screensaver cleared showing back the google homepage. Once again he typed in a few key words this time threw into the mix nappies babies adults. This time the hits dwarfed his previous search. Once again he sat and made notes. Time passed rapidly as he made page after page after page of notes. He heard his mother call him for tea Clive looked at his watch and was shocked to see it was well past six o’clock. He again locked everything up and put a blank page up on his computer. Clive flew down the stairs and quickly ate his tea hardly noticing what it was. Thanked his mother for tea she shook her head and laughed at boys wolfing down food and getting back to video games. If she knew Clive thought. Once back in his room he unlocked the drawer and got out both sets of notes and started ton condense them into something that made more sense so he could take it all in easier and in a form fitting way. It seemed to be that some of the people who felt this way are born, pre-conditioned to be that way from what he understood. But then there where those for who it was sexual thing they enjoyed the feeling of wet or and messy nappies, and then there are the ones for whom it is more difficult. To these individuals it is neither sexual or a condition that drove them, they are that way because it’s a way of coping with a difficult trauma often in their childhood, it may have been an accident or it may have been physical or sexual abuse. For them to be able to go back and erase those memories is an overwhelming force and once they need to grasp and take advantage of. He sat back satisfied he had not narrowed it down but had got it into a form that was easier to read and for others to understand. After all how was he going to explain this to Evan’s aunt and Mr Grant?

Dexter and Alicia walked along the corridor towards the cafeteria. Dexter turned to Alicia “We need to talk about Evan”
Alicia nodded “I know we do dear” They walked into the cafeteria and got a tray ordered two coffees and a couple of Belgian buns. Dexter paid and he walked to table away from other people and sat down.
“Now Alicia before I start talking an show you something I want your word you’ll try and listen with an open mind and won’t fly off the handle and scream and shout”
Alicia looked Dexter across the table from with a puzzled look. “Sure honey but what’s this all about?” Dexter took a deep breath he had rehearsed this in his head but now was the crunch. Telling Alicia about Evan/Evie. Here goes nothing he mentally told himself.
“What do you know about people who wish to be of the opposite sex?” he asked gently. Quizzically Alicia looked at Dexter “Not much really dear, why?”
“Well” He reached into his jacket pocket and felt the pages that where about to break Evan’s life and give him something new. He hoped oh God he hoped. He held them in his hand. “Now before I give you these I want you to read them with an open mind and promise to make no rash judgements and that we’ll talk this through sensibly like adults” “Dexter what is this about honey? You’re scaring me,”
“Read this it’s from Evan’s laptop” He handed the sheets over and took a sip of coffee. Alicia took the folded sheets of paper unfolded them and started to read. Dexter watched her face at first it was unreadable but about halfway down just where Dexter imagined he could see her blink away a tear. Bingo he thought.

Jasmine sat and looked at the doctor as he explained how the system worked. They used imagery and sounds to take the patient back to early memories. Memories that are formed fairly on in development and focus on those to enhance the patient’s own adult brain so it can take the memory and boost it to a level so they, as an adult can focus so they can understand it themselves and be in the memory in their own adult mind, but as that as a child.
Jasmine giggled “This is a joke right? This simply isn’t possible you can’t take an adult back to infancy and then erase bad aspects of adulthood, can you?”
The man opposite her opened his mouth to speak. But instead her father cut in. “Jasmine don’t be impertinent of course it works. I have been funding this for the last five years. I don’t throw my money around without good cause” Jasmine flashed her father a look. “Yes Miss Dangerfield it works and it works well we have a total success rate in helping people past bad experiences and helping them then lead perfectly productive lives afterwards with no bad affects afterwards”
“So let me get this straight,” Jasmine said “You want to try and take me back to my childhood to erase the trauma of the accident?”
A smirk light up the doctor’s face “Well not exactly Miss Dangerfield. Not exactly”

Evan sat alone in the room he drifted off again back to the tea party. He auntie wiped him down and folded and tapped the wet nappy and dropped it in the bucket. And lift his legs up and slide a fresh dry nappy under his bottom and pulled the middle up pulled the sides over and securely tapped it. Shook out his favourite pink frilled pants and pulled them over his legs and up and over his nappy. She then checked the nappy wasn’t sticking out of the legs or waist satisfied she pulled down his dress and put him back down on the floor. There you go Evie dear all clean dry run along and play auntie will come and get you soon for dinner.
Evie waddled back to her friends round the table and giggled happily. The bear sat looking at Snow White’s piece of cake. She smiled at the bear and offered it to him. The bear took it at quickly ate it before she could change her mind. Evie picked up rabbit and her favourite doll and waddled out of the room to find her auntie. She wanted a bottle.

Alicia put down the pages and pulled a tissue out of her handbag and wiped her eyes.
“This isn’t some kind of joke is it?” She asked Dexter. Dexter sat and just shook his head “No it’s not. I’ve seen pictures of little girls where he’s added his own head onto their looks and what they’re doing or playing”
Alicia sat there suddenly really unable to comprehend it all. “So he wants to be a little girl?” Dexter just nodded. Suddenly a light went off in her head and she reached into her handbag and handed over Dangerfield’s cheque he’d given her. “This should help I guess” Dexter took the cheque and looked in disbelief. “Holy cow that’s a lot of money it will certainly allow Evan I mean Evie to come out I guess”
Alicia looked across at him “You really think he needs this?” Once again Dexter nodded. Alicia smiled “Well I guess there is no harm in seeing how he feels about it by asking him and if he truly wants to do it then we’ll support him all the way. I think his mother would have done same thing for him”
Silently they cleared up the empty cups and plates and took them back and then walked back to the room. They opened the door. “Evan sweetie Mr Grant and I have something we need to ask you”

“What do you mean not exactly?” Jasmine snapped. The doctor’s face now had almost an open grin across it. He glanced up at Tyrone who nodded once. “Well Miss Dangerfield it seems you might have issues which you need to work through. You may not seem them as issues your father and I do” Jasmine frowned “What on earth are you on about?”
“Miss Dangerfield. Jasmine you seem to be flying through life living off your father’s reputation, power and wealth and its time you learnt life isn’t a game. It’s a constant struggle with ones own being that shapes us all. You just have to learn how to shape yourself correctly so we’re going to take you all the way to the age of three to give you the chance to rectify and modify your own behavioural patterns”
Jasmine sat there in shock. She couldn’t believe what had just been said the worst part of it all was the singular word we meaning her father agreed totally to this crazy idea.
A knock on the door broke her train of thought and a nurse entered the room. She walked over to Jasmine “If you’d follow me please” Jasmine’s brain seemed to look it’s track and she silently followed the woman towards a door in the corner of the room. The nurse opened the door allowing Jasmine to pass through first then she followed in and closed the door. The room had a small wardrobe in one corner a bath in the opposite corner. “Please strip Miss Dangerfield,” The nurse said. Jasmine just stared at her “Are you serious? I’m not stripping in front of you” The nurse just returned a smile “Oh, you will Miss Dangerfield. So strip now before it becomes unpleasant for one of us” Jasmine looked at saw the steely determination in her eyes. She sighed and started to remove her clothing.

In the other room Kelly looked up at Tyrone and tried to gauge the guys feelings. “Look are you sure this is the right way to deal with her?” Tyrone looked down at the doctor “I pay you to act and do as you’re told not to think or question. Just do it understood?” James Kelly simply nodded “You’re the boss” He started typing some commands into the computer. Asking the odd question to Tyrone about Jasmine before feeding the answer and relevant information into the program.
He spends several minutes feeding in more data then pushes back his chair. “That’s all done and set all we need to do now is start Jasmine on the therapy. You do know once we do it this way there is no turning back? Once reverted and held at a specific age it can’t be unlocked?” Tyrone nodded “Yes I do but I’ve made my mind up I will not have my name wrecked by her anymore she’s made her last mistake”
With a sigh Kelly nodded. “Okay but I am not too happy about this at all” The door to the back room opened and the nurse walked out in front of her walked Jasmine Dangerfield naked.

Dexter closed the door and drew the blinds he didn’t want anyone disturbing this. It was way too important; for Evan. Alicia looked at Evan her heart melted she had to do this she had to be strong her nephew, well niece now. “Evan dear is there anything you want to tell us?” Evan looked at the pair of adults sat down he tried to read their expressions but couldn’t. “I don’t think so auntie Alicia”
She smiled at him “Well is there anything Evie would like to ask?”
Evan’s heart crashed through the bottom of his stomach. A cold sweat rolled over his body. Oh dear God they knew. Please no let this be not happening. It can’t do. The thoughts crashed and boiled inside his head. Then the tears hit and rolled in fat droplets and streamed down his face.
They moved to him one either side. They both reached out and held him. The woman spoke first. “Evan or would you prefer Evie? It’s all right. Honestly we both understand it and how you feel. I will admit I don’t fully understand it. But we both intend to support you”
A soft whisper floated from Evan’s lips. “Evie” His aunt nodded “Okay then Evie it is from now on” “Evie sat in shock “They were going to help? His dream was going to come true he was going to be little Evie and have a doll’s house and tea parties”
A giggle escaped from Evie. Then the tears fell forth as he knew he was on the way to being happy. They held him tightly till the tears and shakes subsided.
Dexter spoke I’m sorry Evie but something fell from one of your books as I was moving it downstairs to your room. Evie smiled “It’s all right uncle Dexter”
Dexter gulped and swallowed back the tears. Uncle Dexter the words slammed home hard and true. Evan had always been kind of surly around him. He’d never really given him any respect. But from those two words he knew Evie was starting to come out of hiding.

Jasmine’s father flushed slightly. The nurse led Jasmine to the changing table “Up you get young lady” Jasmine looked at the woman puzzled. She climbed up and sat with her feet dangling over the side. The nurse glared at Jasmine “No sweetie lie down” Jasmine laid down the nurse open the cupboard underneath and pulled out a large white nappy and a bottle of baby talcum powder. Jasmine caught sight of them as the nurse stood up.
“What on earth? You’re not putting that on me I’m not a baby”
The nurse smiled back “Just lie down sweetie and let nurse take care of you” There was something in the woman’s tone of voice. Jasmine laid back and smiled. Not realizing that the soft whispering tone she cold barely hear was telling her it would be all right, she was safe, she was home, she was doing what she’d always done. The woman, Jasmine assumed it was her nanny, was telling her to lift her bottom up. Jasmine giggled and lifted it up. The nurse slid the nappy under Jasmine’s bottom and liberally talced her then pulled the tabs into place and taped Jasmine’s nappy.
“Come on sweetie” Her nanny was saying “Let’s get you into a nice dress” Jasmine frowned then nodded but something lurking in the back of her mind was screaming at her. This wasn’t right you are being tricked. The nurse helped Jasmine down off the changing table. Jasmine stopped why couldn’t I close my legs fully? She wondered. She followed the nanny across the room towards a wardrobe where the nanny was looking through what looked to be a lot of very short dresses.
The nurse pulled out a white dress with pink lace on the hem, cuffs and sleeves. She held it up on its hanger for her. Jasmine’s eye lit up at the sight of the dress it was beautiful. She clapped her hands. “Would baby like to wear it?” Nanny asked.
Jasmine started to speak then the voice screamed. “This isn’t real you are not a baby”

Clive sat in his room he had Evan’s iPod on playing the nursery rhymes and stories. A tight smile held on his face, while he felt happy that he maybe to help Evan something inside of him was yelling to him that Evan must have been suffering for a long time knowing that he couldn’t tell anyone for fear of rejection and ridicule. “I wouldn’t reject you,” he whispered to the empty room. “Never Evan” He blinked away the hot tears. He sat deep in thought the rhymes and stories just a blur and background sounds as he played over and over in his mind how he was going to approach Evan’s aunt and Mister Grant. He’d sort of got it nailed down it just needed a touch of refining. Not much a few tweaks here and there and then hopefully Evan would be able to live the life he needed too. He knew this didn’t bother him that his friend wanted to be a baby girl. He was still his friend no matter what; if others couldn’t see that then they were not friends.

Evie looked at the two adults. Her voice faltered as she spoke “You know all of it?”
They both looked at their niece “We do honey” her aunt replied, “I’m sorry but uncle Dexter found your pictures and stories”
Evie blinked away more tears. “You read my stories?” Her uncle just nodded. “But they are mine they make me happy you shouldn’t have” She sobbed.
“Shush it will be okay Evie” her auntie replied. “I also read your hope thoughts about how you wished you could have tea parties wear little pretty dresses and nappies” Evie looked ahead the shock still sat deep in her, but there was a lot of hope in it as well. “But auntie you can’t afford for me to be a little girl” She found it hard to say the singular most important name in her life
“Evie?” uncle Dexter said.
“Yes” it came out as a hoarse whisper. The two adults exchanged a look. Alicia stroked Evie’s hand gently “Well Evie we have some good news, the father of the girl who hit you has given us some money to help pay for anything you need to help you get better” She glanced over at Dexter “Your uncle and I think we should use it, and we mean as much as needed to give you the room Evie wants, and of course clothes and toys” Evie burst into tears. Her uncle moved closer and held her tightly “Its okay Evie I promise you everything will be sorted out. You can have what you need to be Evie” Evie looked up at her uncle “Does that mean I can have a pink doll’s house and some dolls? I know they cost money if I can’t I understand” She suddenly looked small, afraid and lost to the two adults. Evie’s aunt spoke “Sweetie listen to me. You can have whatever you want. I promise we got a lot of money so make a list of what Evie wants and uncle Dexter will go shopping for you. Won’t you Dexter” she said with a giggle. Dexter flushed at the thought of a shopping basket full of doll’s, doll’s clothes and soft toys. Then his heart broke and he looked down at Evie. “Just try and stop me. I’ll get you everything on the list and more” he blinked as his eyes filled.
Evie looked at his auntie and whispered softly “What about you know” Her aunt looked at her niece “You mean nappies?” Evie nodded “It’s part of who Evie is right?” Evie nodded back “Then neither of us have a problem you can wear and use nappies” Evie flashed a bright smile and clapped. Her aunt saw the transformation right before her eyes Evan vanished and Evie took over in place.

Jasmine looked wildly round the room for an exit. She saw the door she had been led in through and tried to run, but the nappy made it harder she got within two steps. When the nanny grabbed her and pulled her back. Jasmine started screaming and kicking “You can’t do this to me, I am not a baby I am an adult” Then the doctor was next to her he held a syringe in his hand he quickly wiped an area on her arm. Then the needle sank into her vein.
Blackness. Pain, no sounds where am I? Slowly Jasmine came too she had no idea how long she had been out. She could feel a bulkiness between her legs, she tried sitting up but couldn’t. She opened her eyes slowly as the bright light hit her senses. Bars? Where am I? She thought. As she became accustomed to the light she took stock of her surroundings. She was in the room she had tried to escape from, but things seemed different. There where sounds this time and a strange scent. She thought she could tell what it was, but the ability to remember it kept slipping away from her. She moved her head and noticed she had on mittens but they looked different. “No thumbs” she said softly then she noticed the reins keeping her down in the cot. It was then she realized she was wet. She mentally she shook herself I can’t have wet myself can I? Jasmine lost track of how long she was lying there in her nappy. The door opened and in walked her nanny. Jasmine smiled and looked up to her. “Well how is my little girl this morning?” Jasmine looked from the cot up to her nanny standing over the side of the cot. She spoke “Why am I in a nappy?” The nanny laughed “Because babies wear nappies” Jasmine glared back “I am not a baby I am twenty three” she tried to say except the final word came out as fwee.

Evie looked round at her aunt and uncle and giggled. Her eye’s bright with life and happiness. “Auntie can I have a pink room and fairies on the walls?” Alicia looked at her now niece as far as she and Dexter where concerned. “Yes dear of course you can. Would you like a bed or cot?” Evie looked at her auntie, she swallowed “I can have a cot?” Her auntie giggled “Well of course you can sweetie, isn’t it what little girls sleep in?” A furious nodding from Evie showed she agreed. “Well that’s settled then. “Uncle Dexter will do some checking online and see what he can find. Won’t you dear?” Dexter smiled yes of course “I’ll go and do some shopping then I’ll bring my laptop back and we can go virtual shopping Evie how does that sound?”
Evie smiled “Can you bring me a dolly when you come back uncle Dexter?” Dexter felt his heart melting even more. “Yes of course Evie. Tell you what I’ll bring you back a princess dolly how does that sound?”
A giggling sound told Dexter the idea was perfect.

Jasmine tried again with the same result. The nanny just smiled own at her charge. Then she slipped a finger under Jasmine’s leg band and felt. “Well seems someone is very wet. I think baby needs changing. Don’t you?” Jasmine could feel the wetness clinging to her. She nodded weakly. I have to get away from this she thought. The nanny them pulled down the sides of the cot and lean over Jasmine and unclipped the reins. Then helped her sit up so that she could get herself settled and gain her bearings. Then the nanny picked her up. Jasmine’s mind reeled, sure she’d been light before but not so light someone could pick her up. How long had I been out? Jasmine mused. The nanny carried her over to the changing table and laid her down. She then pulled off the pink floral baby pants and dropped them into a small bucket. Then she untapped her nappy and pulled a wipe from a carton and gently wiped Jasmine’s crotch area. “Lift your bottom for nanny dear” Jasmine complied and lifted. Her nanny slid the wet nappy out folded it and dropped it into the bucket. She then pulled out a clean nappy unfolded it and slid the clean one under Jasmine’s bottom, then shook some talc over Jasmine and then folded the nappy into place. Pulled a clean pair of lemon coloured pants off a hanger with white ruffles on the bottom and shook them open. Then she pulled them over Jasmine’s legs “Lift your bottom baby” She cooed. Without thinking Jasmine did as asked and the nanny slipped the pants over her nappy. Then nanny checked to make sure the nappy was contained within the pants. The she sat Jasmine up and lifted the dress that matched the pants off the hanger. “Right little one here is your pretty dress. Now don’t be afraid when it goes over your head okay?” Jasmine numbly nodded. She was doing as asked but a tiny voice was still telling her something wasn’t correct. The nurse then pulled the dress over Jasmine’s head and buttoned it up at the back. Jasmine sat kicking her legs over the side of the changing table. The nanny picked up a pair of white ankle socks with a lemon-frilled top and pulled one over each foot. Then she slipped on a pair of white Mary-Jane’s onto her feet then lifted her to the floor.

Dexter looked at his watch “Right I’ll be off someone needs a nice doll” As he looked at Evie. “I’ll go and get Evie’s doll then I’ll pop into the house collect the laptop and cable and come back so someone can go shopping” he said the last bit with a laugh.
Alicia looked at Dexter “Get some colour paint cards as well and if you can some wallpaper samples.
Dexter nodded “Sure no problem anything else honey?” Alicia shook her head. “I don’t think so at the minute. I suspect most will be done on the laptop shopping wise” Evie looked from her aunt to her uncle wondering if she could ask or not a troubled expression crossed her face. Dexter caught it “Is something wrong Evie dear?” A nod came back. “What’s the matter honey?”
Evie looked at each of them in turn “I can only be Evie when I come home from school can’t I?”
The adults both caught the question and what Evie really meant. Alicia got in first a second before Dexter “Evie dear, if you want to be Evie all of the time I am sure we can find a way to do it. We can home school you or get a tutor. If this what you want”
Her niece nodded. Then she cast a worried look at them “What about Clive? He won’t understand he was the only person at school who really only talked to me”
Dexter spoke “I am sure if we all, that includes your aunt and me sit down and talk to Clive and explain things he’ll understand it may take him some time, but trust me Evie if he’s that good of a friend he will come to understand”

Jasmine looked round the room as if she was seeing it for the first time. But something was tugging at her mind. She walked towards a small screen on the wall and sat down the air inside her plastic pants whooshed out as she flopped to the floor.
She sat down as the screen flickered and images came into life and flashed and danced across the screen. The images burned into Jasmine’s mind there was floppy her bunny from when she was a child, pictures of her old room she could just about recall from when she was younger. More images made their way across, images of young children dressed in dresses similar to what she was wearing. Babies in highchairs and coats, mothers taking their child out in prams and pushchairs all bored into Jasmine’s retina and hit her brain. She visibly relaxed seeing the images the hidden cameras capturing her change of mood. James Kelly smiled to himself and thought perfect she’s right on course. Another couple of weeks and she should be ready to go home. Jasmine started to notice the scent as it lightly touched her nostrils it caused a flicker of recognition she tried to recall where that smell has come from. But it was just out of reach, at present, it will come back to me she said to herself.
The imagery changed to that of a cartoon for pre-school children all about learning letters of the alphabet. Jasmine sat confused why was she watching this? She knew her letters she could speak. Well at least she thought so. Jasmine hardly noticed as she flooded her nappy.

Dexter walked round the doll section of the toyshop. He found an assistant and asked her for a princess doll. The assistant asked her how old the girl was. Dexter stood for a second wondering how old Evie was then he remembered, “She’s two” The assistant pulled a doll off the shelf in its box. “This one is very popular” Dexter looked at the doll and saw the pretty dress, crown and blonde hair on the doll. “That is perfect she’ll love it. Thank you Miss” She girl smiled and went back to work. Dexter picked up a pink rabbit he spotted on the way to the checkout and paid for the items. Drove back to the house picked up his laptop, power cable and credit card. He was going to need that for certain. He popped them onto the front seat of his car and drove back towards what was going to be one very happy little girl.
He sat at the lights and thought. Little girl, yes he nodded. Evan was no more he could see how happy even the talk about this made Evie. When they started changing things then it would certainly help on a deeper level, of course he knew there would be lots of psychotherapy to help Evie. Then, the horns blared he looked the light were green and he pulled away losing track for a moment of his train of thought.
He knew that at some point the discussion of a sex change would have to rear its ugly head, if of course that was the route Evie wished to pursue but Dexter had no doubt in his mind, that was exactly what Evie wanted and needed to complete her.

up
78 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dear Becky, you have lots of

Dear Becky,

you have lots of neat imaginative ideas. The story line was well thought out. It would be greatly improved if you had had it proof read though.

I wonder, do you think this kind of Regression Therapy would work on, for example, Politicians and similar criminals? :)

Briar

Briar