Jamie and the Peach - 05

Printer-friendly version
jatptitle.jpg

 
This is a new occasional series that takes its basis and some of its storyline from the cancelled Tokyopop Manga, Yubisaki Milk Tea by Tomochika Miyano. It’s a great series and well worth looking out, it’s a mystery why they cancelled it. For my version I’ve changed the setting from Japan to England and of course the names, then I’ve added some new characters and situations to produce Jamie and the Peach. The original series was cancelled before completion but I intend to take my version somewhat further!

Maddy Bell, February 2010

Jamie and the Peach

Chapter 5

by Maddy Bell
Copyright © 2010 Maddy Bell
All Rights Reserved.

 

Available in E-Download PDF and Paperback formats!
Paperback
E-Download
Lulu_Now_hw_pink.gif

 
 
Chapter *5*
 
"Usual tonight Jame?"

Damn, he'd forgotten about the RPG club.

"I er might be a bit late, got some stuff to do straight after school."

"Bell me if you're gonna cut then."

"Yeah, see you later."

Another complication. Jonno ran off to football practice, if it wasn't for Peaches he'd be going with him but that one fateful day changed everything.

I got to Burger House well early so rather than hang around looking suspicious outside I went in. as you'd expect with this kind of emporium it was doing robust business with a predominantly teenage clientele, I joined the nearest queue which seemed to be moving at a steady rate.

'Check out the hottie!'

'Where?' they weren't exactly being subtle, my own interest was piqued however and I cautiously looked around for said object of desire. That’s weird, I couldn't see any girls you could describe as hot, well not in my view anyhow.

'Shush, she's looking this way.'

The whisperers were easy to identify, two slightly spotty teens in what amounts to the current teenage street uniform of baggy jeans and hoodies. They turned away when they saw me looking at them, hmm the babe must be behind me. But there isn't anyone.... shit, they think I’m a girl!

Duh! Of course they think I’m a girl, well I hope I look like one at any rate I’m wearing a dress after all.

"Hey Peaches!" Karen's voice called out, "you're early."

"Er yeah so are you actually."

She joined me in the queue.

"I nearly didn't recognise you"

"Well it seemed a bit you know weird putting the uniform on to come out for a burger."

At this point I should point out that my blackmailer was not in uniform either.

"I guess." she allowed.

"What’ll it be girls?"

I hadn't realised we were at the front of the queue.

"Two veggie burger meals with diet cola." Karen told the spotty faced youth before us.

"Coming right up."

I wasn't best impressed with her choice but what can you do?

"Gah! This tastes like poo!"

"You eat of lot of that do you?"

"You know what I mean." I blushed.

"Yeah and I have to agree with you, it is pretty shitty."

"So why'd you order it?"

"It looked vaguely more healthy than a triple king quarter burger with cheese."

I could see her point; eating here was generally bad for your health.

"Nice dress by the way, it looks nice on you." I wasn't fibbing, the pale yellow suited her well.

"You um look good too." she allowed.

I had of course, as instructed brought a bundle of my photographs, a portfolio if you like.

"So lets see the pictures then."

"Er ok," I delved into the voluminous shoulder bag that my sister 'donated' for the evening, "they aren't very good." I warned as I passed the first packet over.

"We’ll see."

I left her to it and went to fetch some more drinks, I wished I hadn't as for the second time this evening I became the target of teenage lust. This time however rather than spotty geeks it was far worse, Kenny James and Simon Davis, members of the football team.

'I could fancy a bit of that!'

'You’ve got no chance." Simon retorted

'Fancy your chances then?'

'Maybe.'

"Hey gorgeous, Simon wants a date."

"In his dreams."

"And yours I bet!"

I was momentarily lost for a reply.

"Whoa Si, she's thinking about it."

"Leave the girl alone." another voice entered the conversation.

"You and whose... oh shit!" Ken spluttered.

"I think its you who needs an army." my rescuer suggested.

"Come on Kenny." Simon exhorted, tugging his sleeve.

"Catch ya later gorgeous." Ken's parting shot was rather half hearted.

I turned to see who had 'rescued' me only to discover my boss stood behind me.

"Jamie?"

"Its Peaches."

"If you say so, I didn't know it had gone this far."

"It hasn't gone anywhere, I’m here with a girl."

"Kinky! Does she er know that you're, you know?"

"Course she does, what do you think I am, some sort of perv?"

He just raised an eyebrow.

"Look thanks for um rescuing me."

"I’d do the same for any pretty girl."

What’s that supposed to mean?

"You were a long time." Karen noted.

"It was a long queue."

"If you say so. You sure you took all of these?"

"‘Course I am, who else?"

"They’re really professional, you look quite cute."

"Um thanks."

"I mean it, a bit racy from time to time though, you wouldn't get me in some of those outfits, but they suit you."

I think that was some sort of compliment.

She went on, "in future though I want you in the school uniform."

"In future?" my day had suddenly gone downhill.

"If you want to keep seeing me."

"Seeing you?"

"That is what you want isn't it, what last week was all about?"

"I er guess so."

"It either is or it isn't."

"Yes, yes I want to see you." and deep down I knew it was true, that I really did like her, maybe always have.

"Well in that case you'll wear the uniform Peaches, I’m not being seen with a mere boy."

"But, but..."

"That’s the deal, I’ll go out with Peaches the schoolgirl, not some model."

I got the feeling there was something she wasn't saying about that, it wasn't that she was hung up on the school uniform. But do I really want this? Should I even be contemplating dressing as a schoolgirl just to see this girl?

"Well?"

The next sentence would seal my fate.

"Okay then."

I couldn't have foreseen how those two words would change my life over the coming months. I never did get to the RPG club that night; I was now playing a real character in the real world. Previously Peaches Smith had been an occasional visitor to my life, a girl whom I could practice my photography with, a private and rarely seen mannequin. Now she was transformed into a real person, someone people met, talked with - dated even.

It’s not like I even want to dress as a girl - not in any weird want to be a girl kind of way, well I don't think so. It was always about becoming a character for my art much in the same way that an actor uses a costume.

"What happened to you last night?" Jonno enquired draping his arm around my shoulder.

"You owe me."

"What for, if anything you owe me, I got whooped good and proper last night 'coz you weren't there."

"Yeah soz about that." I smirked.

"So where were you?"

"Out with Karen."

"You sly dog! How did you manage that?"

Well the truth would not be a good thing, "my animal charisma."

"No seriously bud."

"It was simple really," I fibbed, "I just asked her out."

"And she said yes?"

"I said didn't I?"

"So where did you take her Casanova?"

Well he'll never know will he?

"Burger House and then we hung out for a bit before I took her home."

It was stretching the truth a little but it was pretty much what we did.

"It can't have been that easy, she's like the uber ice maiden." he stated.

"It’s true honest, have I ever lied to you?"

"Not this week."

"Why don't you ask her then?"

"The ice maiden?"

"Who else?"

"Maybe I will."

I crossed my fingers and anything else available, my credibility was in that strange girls hands, one wrong word and I’m toast! I didn't have long to wait.

"Hey Karen, this lump reckons he was out with you last night, on a date."

'Please Karen.' I willed her to reply positively.

"We were in the same place."

Ooh that’s cold.

"Hardly a date Jame."

"It was, really, tell him Karen, please?"

"Well I suppose it was arranged so if that makes it a date I guess it was."

Thank you God!

Maddy Bell 26.03.10

up
129 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jamie and the Peach - 05

Jamie and Peach live after telling the story, so hopefully nothing too bad happens. But what will Jamie find out as Peaches is gonna be the fun thing.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I can't wait to find out ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... Karen's reaction, and the fate of poor Peaches, when Karen finds out Jamie's interest in her originated in a bet. Maid to Lady Karen? Date with one of the football jocks? A Disney Princess photo shoot (my favorite)? ... many possibilities! :-)

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Good to see

Maddy Bell's picture

you like this latest tale Jezzi!

And never fear folks - the manga is acting as a template but i won't be sticking to the plot too closely!

Mads


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

I like it too!

The story seems to be going in several directions at once and that alone holds my interest.

Karen would not be amused by the bet about dating her, as she is sensitive to her self-imposed reclusion.

Her attitude toward Peaches is interesting though, I haven't decided where Karen just wants to dominate Peaches, or if she likes a girly boy, or she is interested in Peaches because it's a way to have a boyfriend that is not a threat (sort of like Debbie in the Tuck series). The thing with the school uniform escapes me entirely, but I guess it's part of the Manga tie-in (which I have not read).

I'll bet Maddy knows though, and I'll also bet she won't tell us until she's good and ready!

Great job Maddy, now get back to work on Gaby!! LOL :D

Hugs
Carla Ann

I Had to Read the Associated Manga

terrynaut's picture

I've noticed the manga you mentioned, but I didn't think I liked it. After reading your story, I went back and devoured the manga. I loved it so I have to thank you for that.

I see some significant differences between your story and the manga. I hope you don't follow the manga too closely since I read it. I don't like predictable stories. Predictability takes the fun out of it for me.

I really like how you're developing the relationship between Jamie and Karen. It's kind of like a love triangle but with only two people. Good job!

Thanks for the story.

- Terry

I think Karen is being unreasonable

And doesn't know what she wants. And that, in turn, means she won't know when to stop. And the situation is further complicated by the sensitiveness of the issue that brought it to head. And I think I put too many ands here. ^_^

Let's see what happens next!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Slowly but surely

Jamie sinks further into the mire, With each appearance of Peaches a little more of Jamie disappears....At the moment because of Karen, Jamie seems to be accepting of the the situation , But is it what he really wants?...And just what are Karen's plans for Jamie's future First it's date's as Peaches, But what will Jamie say when she wants more?

Kirri

I wonder...

One more possibility - Karen arranges at some point in time to meet Peaches and Sal simultaneously. How long could the meeting last before Sal 'twigs'? :)

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!