Zapped! -9- Catching Up

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Zapped! — Chapter 9 “Catching Up”

Story:

Zapped! Chapter 9

Zapped! — Chapter 9 “Catching Up”

Thanks Rebekkah deMere for her expert nit-picking that helps me keep the story on track.

This is a work of fiction, with a few real life experiences added in. All of the characters in this story are fictional, and any resemblance to anyone else living or dead is probably a coincidence. Please notify me if you are archiving this and the other chapters of the story on a web site.

Permission specifically granted to Sapphire’s Place and Crystal’s Story Site to archive this. If you intend to publish this story in magazine or book (paper or electronic) format, please contact me for arrangements. Additional information on this story may be found at: http://www.ralabs.com/zapped/ .

Zapped — Chapter 9 — “Catching Up”
Copyright 2002 by Bob Arnold - All Rights Reserved

Dear Diary,

Sorry I've taken so long to write again. Things have been going well and I really haven't had much time to set down and write lately. Maybe I'll get all caught up with what's been going on.

After my last entry the rest of the week just flew by. I got together with Peggy a few more times to work on things. I worked very hard to learn to be the woman that I have become because of the accident. By the end of the week, I felt I was ready to go back to work.

Just before I returned to work, I did visit George and Dannie in the hospital. George wasn't hurt as bad as I first thought having a few cracked ribs and some cuts and bruises. He did have a concussion so the doctors decided to keep him in the hospital for a few days to monitor his recovery.

Dannie was badly injured however. A steel beam had fallen crushing her groin area. Since she was scheduled to undergo re-assignment surgery in a few months, they went ahead and did the procedure with her consent. She was recovering nicely when I visited her in the hospital. I paused outside her hospital door and took a deep breath then knocked gently on her door and opened it slightly. "Dannie? Are you awake?"

"Come in Jennifer. I'm awake. How are you?"

"I should be asking you that question. I'm doing fine. Now how about you?"

"It was a shock to learn what happened to me but I'm doing better now. At least because of this I had the surgery early and I can get on with my life."

"I know a little of what you're going through. Just hang on and enjoy the ride, Dannie. It'll be interesting that's for certain."

"How did you adapt, Jen?"

"I'll let you know when I'm there. I'm still working on it. I find new things every day that are different. The interaction between men and women and even the interaction between women is a new experience. It's all so confusing at times. I've had help from a friend in making the transition and I urge you to ask for the help of a female friend to make your transition easier. I'd help you myself but I'm just as confused as you are at times."

"I do have someone in mind to help. I'll have to ask her next time she visits. Will you come see me when they let me out of here?"

"I sure will!" I handed Dannie a card with my phone number on it. "Just let me know when you're back at home and I'll come over with a gift I have for you. I don't want to give it to you until you're out of here."

"The doctors tell me that I might be able to go home by the end of next week. I'll be out of work after that for at least a couple of months."

" Dannie, I need to get moving but I do want to come and see you when they let you go home."

"I'll call you, Jen." We hugged each other then I left the hospital knowing the surprise I had for her the next time I saw her.

The weekend came very quickly. On Saturday, Peggy came over to my house just after lunchtime with our outfits for the award ceremony that night. Rebekkah arrived at the agreed time. Peggy and I both got the full treatment from her staff. When she was finished we looked incredible.

Adam arrived with Peggy's husband in time to take us to the ceremony at a hotel downtown. I must say I was impressed with the Mayor's staff in setting up the banquet and the ceremony. The food was excellent and the ceremony went off exactly as planned. Several of the students from the bus were there too. I made sure that everyone knew that the students themselves had a big part in making sure that everyone on the bus got out that day. I thanked the two boys that had dragged me away from the burning bus in front of the people attending the ceremony. Several television stations were there and I'm sure the pictures made it onto newscasts all over the city.

When Adam and I got back home late that evening I invited him in and asked him to stay for the night. He eagerly agreed. I have to admit that sex that night was every bit as good and maybe better than the first time with Adam. We explored each other completely as his hands danced over my body sending waves of pleasure pounding through me. I made sounds I never thought I would make and writhed in pleasure for what seemed like an eternity. Many orgasms later Adam and I were snuggled in each other's arms fast asleep.

What was supposed to be just a night together turned out to be the rest of the weekend. We spent part of Sunday in my pool. Later that afternoon, I packed a basket and we went to the park for a picnic. Adam watched me for a long time as I watched some kids playing then he gently wrapped his arm around me from behind me.

"What are you thinking, Jen?"

"Just how much has changed in such a short time. I remember not so long ago when I wanted to settle down with a wife and father a couple of kids of my own except I couldn’t be a father because of medical problems. Now I‘m a woman and I can have the kids I wanted."

"Do you really want children right now?"

"I've been thinking about that, Adam. Right at this moment, no I don't. I have so much left to experience. While having children would be wonderful but it's not a step I'm ready to take."

"I feel that way too. Maybe in a few years I would be willing to have kids but right now I'm having a great time just being with you, Jen."

"Even though you know what I was?"

"Yes. I know what you used to be but I only see what you are now. I see this intelligent, warm, caring, incredibly beautiful woman and I can't help falling in love with her." He hugged me even tighter from behind.

I blushed as I turned to face Adam. "Thanks, Adam. That means a lot to me and I do love you too. It's had for me to admit that sometimes but it's true."

Adam pulled me toward him and held me tight. We stayed together on the blanket looking up at the sky till almost dark then went back to my house for one more night together.

It started off as a kiss at the front door and wound up in my bedroom. Adam gently undressed me then I did the same for him. Our hands explored each other's bodies gently caressing and stroking as we built to orgasm after orgasm. I didn't know Adam was capable of that kind of endurance. We fell asleep in each other's embrace again.

I loved waking up in the morning snuggled next to him. Due to our schedules we could only really be with each other like this on weekends. He had a full schedule at the Mall with upcoming events and I had to go back to work at the college and get my radio show started. Then there was practice for the play to work in with everything else.

I went back to work and was accepted by most of the staff at the college. Everyone in the department accepted me. I had never been close with people in the department until my transformation. I started off back in the old habit of working mostly alone and not getting involved with extra activities at work. Several of the other women in the department kept working on me to join in their lunchtime activities. I finally gave in a couple of weeks after going back to work and joined them in having lunch at a local restaurant. I had a great time and became closer to them than I ever had been before my change.

They even invited me to go with them to a strip club in the city that had a male stripper night for the ladies. I did go and had a confusing evening. My body responded to the naked men dancing on the stage and I felt myself becoming really excited. I found that with a considerable effort I was able to resist the sensations my body was forcing on my brain. I survived the night and walked away with very damp panties. Then there was the night that a couple of my female co-workers decided that I needed to get out more and go trolling for guys at a local singles bar. When they came over to my house to pick me up they made me change into a red version of my little black dress and four inch heels.

I was the center of attention in the bar most of the night getting hit on by nearly every guy there. I danced with a few but went home alone since I wanted to remain faithful to Adam. I watched the other girls with me flirt with the guys and one even arranged for a one night stand. Whenever guys did talk to me the subject of my past always seemed to creep into the conversation. Most wanted to know what it was like to have female parts and how sex was as a woman. I responded that there simply wasn’t a way to describe it if you hadn’t felt things both ways. That usually stopped that thread of the conversation. I doubted that they were willing to go through what I had just to know what it was like.

I heard from the guys in Pleasant Valley Sunday a week after the award ceremony. They asked if they could come over for a practice session. I agreed and set things up to meet on a weekday evening since weekends were now usually pretty busy.

There were four people in the band, Jay Trask, Terry Jenkins, Jack Dearborne and Tom Sutkoff. Tom was the only married one in the group. The others were all single. Jack, at nineteen years old, was the youngest member of the group while Tom was the oldest at thirty-four.

On the evening when they were supposed to come over I cleaned up the garage to make the floor space available to set up their instruments. As I was setting up the sound system I heard a car pull into the driveway. I walked over to the garage door and watched as two men got out of the car. Each opened a rear door and got out a guitar case.

I opened the garage door to let them inside. “Hi, Jay! Hi, Terry! How are you both?” I hugged each of them so hard my breasts pressed against their chests. I was greeted by apprehensive stares.

“What? Did I do something wrong? You two look like I just slapped you in the face.”

Terry spoke first. “It’s just that you’ve never greeted us like this before.”

“Terry, what was I the last time you saw me?”

“You were a man.”

“Ok. What am I now?”

“A woman.”

“And how do women greet people, especially someone they’re very happy to see?”

“They hug them?”

“And what did I just do?”

“You hugged us.”

“Well?” The lights were on but there wasn't anyone at home. “Guys, I was just greeting you as I’m expected to. I am a woman now or hadn’t you really noticed?”

Jay spoke up. “Oh, we noticed all right. We just never figured that you would adapt so fast. We thought that you would still act like your old self.”

“And I do for the most part, Jay, but if I walked around acting like the guy I used to be I think I’d go crazy. I’m a woman now and my new biology is still changing the way I think and act.”

Terry nodded, “I think I understand. So you’re saying that the old Bob we knew is still in there but changed?”

“Yes, Terry, I’m still here but I’ve had to change mentally to match my physical appearance. I get confused occasionally but it’s getting much better with every passing day. I’ve been a woman for several weeks and my memories of my old male emotions and behavior is starting to fade. I’ve worked very hard at it.”

“You do look great, Jennifer. Other than the obvious changes how have you been feeling?”

“I feel great, Jay. This body is young and healthy. I’m doing everything I can to keep it that way. I’m getting my exercise and eating properly. I gave up on most of the bad things I used to do. About all I really do that’s bad for me is that I still love chocolate.”

“That always was your Achilles heel. Well, shall we get set up, Terry?”

“Sure, Jay. Did Tom and Jack say when they were coming?”

“Tom had to pick up Jack and his drum kit in the van. Jack’s car died again.”

“You mean in all the time I’ve been in the hospital and recovering he STILL hasn’t fixed it right?”

“Well, you know Jack. Why fix it right when you can put a Band-Aid on it much cheaper and pray it keeps running.”

“So he’s still driving that pile of rust? Maybe you ought to do ‘Rusty Chevrolet’ on the Christmas shows just for him. Maybe even ‘My Car Won’t Go’ by Da Yoopers too.”

“That’s a great idea, Jennifer. Do you have those tunes?”

I nodded. “I’ll make you a CD of them after you’re done with practice. Hey! There they are now.”

I saw an old blue Chevy van backing into the driveway behind my truck. Tom got out of the driver’s side then opened the rear doors. He lifted his keyboard out and carried it into the garage as Jack began to unload the drum kit. I winked at Jay and Terry then ran over to Tom to give him a big hug.

When I finished my hug, I saw Tom smiling back. He reached toward me and pulled me close hugging me back. He held the embrace for several seconds then kissed my cheek as he let me go.

“Why, Thomas, you DO know how to greet a lady properly! Any more of that and I’ll have the vapors!” I batted my eyes at him in my best Southern belle fashion.

He responded in his natural soft Texas drawl. “Aw, shucks, ma’am. My Daddy always said the bein’ friendly to the ladies wuz important.”

“Well Daddy was right. How have you been Tom?”

“Just fine Jennifer. I see you’re adaptin’ well.”

“I’m coming along fine. How’s your lovely wife? Has she had the baby yet?”

“Not yet. The doctor says another two weeks and Darla should be ready to deliver. I’m looking forward to it. I have everything ready and all planned out for when she has to go to the hospital.”

“Let me know when she has the baby. I’d like to see her in the hospital when she’s up to having visitors.”

“That may be a few days after she delivers. The doctor says that this was a rough pregnancy for her. She may not be able to have any more kids after this one. It’s a good thing we have a son already.”

While Tom was talking Jack had brought in three large cases containing his drum kit and started to set it up. I walked over to Jack and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned, around I hugged him and said hello.

He stared at me for a moment. “What was THAT for?”

“It’s just a girl thing, Jack. How are you?” He just grunted and frowned then turned back to setting up the drums. I felt as though I had been punched in the stomach. I walked over to the sound gear and sat down on a stool sniffling quietly. Tom came over moments later.

“Jennifer, don’t feel bad that he snubbed you there. It’s NOT you. He just broke up with his girl friend yesterday. Right now I think he’d be mean to his own mom. He didn’t say two words the whole way here in the van. ANY woman right now reminds him of her. She told him in front of a whole restaurant of people that she didn’t want to be seen with a little sissy like him. Then she left with a football player from the local pro team. Problem was that he really loved her.” Tom hugged me for a couple of minutes as my sniffling subsided. Jay and Terry sat looking at us with open mouths. I dried my eyes and walked over to them.

I spoke quietly “I told you guys that my new biology was the driving factor didn’t I? There was a good example.” Both simply nodded then glared at Jack who was fiddling with his drums getting them adjusted properly. He still had his back to us so I doubt he’d seen what had taken place.

Jack plopped down on his stool behind the drums and looked over at Jay.
Jay was the lead vocalist and the leader of the group.

“Ready then?” They all nodded yes. “Jack if you please…” Jack did a four count with his drum sticks and the band started to play.

“The local rock group down the street is tryin' hard to learn their song… they serenade the weekend squire who just came out to mow his lawn…” It was the group’s signature tune, an oldie by the Monkees, 'Pleasant Valley Sunday'. They band had played it hundred of times before and had it down cold. It always served as a warm-up number in practice sessions.

For the next hour they worked on cleaning up some existing tunes then decided to take a break. I went into the house and returned with sodas and some chips for everyone. The guys must have spoken to Jack because when I came back he asked to talk to me privately. We went into the kitchen and closed the door.

“Sorry about what I did earlier, Jennifer. I know it was wrong of me to take it out on you. You haven’t done anything to me to warrant that type of behavior on my part. Can you forgive me?”

"I don't know, Jack. Will you answer a question for me?"

"Maybe. Depends on what it is."

"Why did you and your girlfriend break up? Did she catch you in her panties? Come on… the TRUTH now."

His mouth dropped open at my question. “But how…”

“Just call it woman’s intuition now that I am one, Jack.”

He sat down hard in the chair at the kitchen table. I walked over to join him and noticed small tears at the corners of his eyes. I pulled another chair closer then sat down next to him with my arm around his shoulder. I wasn’t certain if I was going too far or not. He accepted my gesture of comfort and began to speak.

“I've always been small for a man. You've always seen me in baggy clothes, right?"

"That's true, I can't remember seeing you in anything else."

"Let's go into your bedroom. I want to show you something." He followed me down the hallway into my bedroom. I locked the door behind us. He put his finger to his lips to indicate that I should be quiet as he undressed. Moments later he stood nude in front of me.

His body had all of the soft curves of a woman. The only thing that looked out of place was his tiny penis. His waist was as small as a woman's while his hips were wider than a man's should have been. The large nipples on his chest stood up in the cooler air of the bedroom.

"I figure you, of all the people I know, would understand knowing what you've been through recently."

I nodded in agreement. "How long have you been like this, Jack?"

"Since puberty. When my parents finally took me to a doctor it was too late to change things with hormones at least to give me back normal male body characteristics. I could take female hormones and have surgery to finish the change. I've been trying to make up my mind for more than a year."

"OK. You're forgiven. Now get dressed. So she caught you in her clothes?"

"Yes. I was wondering what it would be like to be a woman. I decided to try on some of her clothes while she was out. She came home before I could change back."

"Jack, I have some friends that can help you explore the possibilities so you can make up your mind. They'll help you see what you'd look like as a woman and help you even more if you wanted to try living as a woman for a while to see if it's right for you."

"I think I'd like that, Jennifer. When can I meet them?" Tears dripped from the corners of his eyes. "Damn my emotions. I can't keep them under control any more."

“I know all about the emotional swings myself, Jack. I’ll need to call my friends to set it up. Let’s get back to the garage and get the practice going again before the guys get suspicious. Let’s just tell them we talked it over and are friends again now because that’s the truth. I won’t say anything more if you don’t, ok?” Jack nodded in agreement as I handed him a tissue to dry his eyes. We got up then headed for the garage again.

Just outside the garage we stopped for a moment. Jack put a smile on his face and we walked back into the garage with our arms around each other’s waists. The guys saw this and whistled. Jack just smiled then sat back down at his drums. I walked over to the garage door and opened it to let in some of the cooler night air.

“Well, well, well. Looks like you two kissed and made up. What happened, Jack?”

He looked over at me and said. “A gentleman never discusses these matters. Right, Jennifer?” I smiled and nodded in agreement.

Jay motioned to a music stand they had set up while Jack and I were talking. "All right then guys, are you ready for our surprise, Jennifer?"

"What surprise?"

"Well, while you were in the hospital we learned a few new songs just for you. Since we knew you are thinking about trying out on stage we picked out a few special old tunes and practiced them. The music is on the stand so you'll have the words handy. I'm certain that you know most of these anyway though. We know you have copies of these records in your collection." Jay nodded to Tom who started the piano lead-in on the first song. I instantly recognized it as 'Its Too Late' by Carole King and started the vocal at the right spot. I got all the way through the song and never missed a single word or note.

The band had ten more songs they had practiced and I sang all of them. The last two were old Sonny and Cher tunes, 'The Beat Goes On' and "I Got You Babe'. Jay joined me on the vocals taking the Sonny parts.

As the last note of the song echoed around the garage, the guys burst into applause. So did the small audience that had gathered from the rest of the neighborhood. Sometimes the local kids came over during our practice sessions to listen to the music. Tonight I noticed a fair number of their parents had arrived too. I took a little bow and curtsied to the band members and to the audience gathered on the front lawn. The people began to return to their homes as we started to pack up the equipment. Terry, who had been very quiet tonight, chose that moment to speak.

"Jennifer, you HAVE to do that on stage for us. That was wonderful."

"No, Terry, it was only fair. I think I'll leave the singing to you. Besides, I'll be doing a weekly radio show and rehearsals on the play. There won't be a lot of time to be with the band and I don't want to hold you back."

Terry reached over and pressed a button on a piece of equipment mounted in a rack of the sound system. A tray popped out holding a CD. He lifted the CD out of the tray then nodded to Jay. Jay picked me up, tossed me over his shoulder and walked toward the house. I started to protest then I felt someone give me a swat on the butt. I went quiet and sulked as I was dumped on the couch in my living room. They turned on my stereo system and put the CD in the player. A few seconds later it started playing the first tune.

I listened to the whole CD, at least forty-five minutes of music ending with the Sonny and Cher tunes. They just sat on the couch and chairs looking at me while I was listening.

As the CD stopped Jay looked over at me. "Well, do you believe us now?"

"I still say it's just average. Who would pay to hear me anyway? You have the name recognition in the band. I just run the sound system and lug it around."

Jay looked skyward then shook his head. "Guys…"

Each in turn tried to persuade me to join the band in performing. Jack was last. Since he was setting next to me he leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Jennifer, if I can consider becoming a woman you can consider doing some performances with us. Please?" He leaned back on the couch looking at me with a smile.

I looked at him for a full two minutes. All he did just before Jay spoke again was to nod his head yes. "Well, Jennifer, what is it going to be?"

"I'll do it on one condition. There are three activities I HAVE to do, working at the college, the radio show and activities connected with it and the play. I'll consider doing shows with the band as a performer as long as it doesn't interfere with those activities."

"Then I think we have a deal. I'll run any appearances by you before we commit to the booking to make certain that there are no conflicts. All I ask is that once you commit to a performance that you do everything possible to keep the commitment. I realize the other activities are important to you but your involvement is just as important to us. Does that sound fair to you?"

"Agreed. I want to make a copy of that CD before you go too. I can use my PC to burn another one."

Jack was smiling even more now. "Jennifer, can you make us all copies and a couple of extras?"

"Not tonight. If you give me a day or so I'll make 10 copies and put a fancy label on each one with the song titles and times. I assume that you want to use these as demos for bookings?"

"That's what we had in mind, yes."

"All right then. It's getting late and I need to get to bed for work in the morning. Leave that CD here and I'll start running the copies tomorrow night. Jay, will you give me a call in a couple of days? I should have them ready by then."

"Thanks, Jennifer. I think you're going to have fun doing this. I'm glad that you're going to be able to still stay with the band at least some of the time."

"Now I have to kick all of you out of here. You go out and break down the gear. Just leave the sound system in the garage. I'll take care of it tomorrow night. Jack I want to talk to you for a minute. The rest of you shoo now."

They filed back out to the garage leaving Jack on the couch beside me.

"You sure know how to hit below the belt, Jack. Yes, the pun was intended."

He winced a little then smiled. "Hey, I'm not quite a man any more so I can play by a different set of rules now." He chuckled a bit. "At least you got me laughing about it. Thanks for not saying anything to them. I don't know if they would understand yet. Hell, I'm not certain that even I understand yet."

"Let me call my friends tomorrow then I'll give you a call so we can get together. I'll arrange something private so you won't have to worry about being seen. Is this weekend OK? Maybe Saturday night?"

"That should be fine. The band isn't playing and if a booking comes up before then I'll just tell Jay I had a prior family commitment. There's not much he can say to that."

I leaned over and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Us 'gals' have to stick together I guess." was all he said then he returned the hug and kiss. "I have to go tear down the drum kit. I'm holding Tom up. I know he wants to get back home to his wife. I'll call you later, Jennifer. Goodnight."

I watched as he walked back the garage. I made a big note to call Jeff and Suzy tomorrow. If anyone could help Jack figure out his future, they could. I knew they could also call several of their friends for help.

I went back into the living room and listened to the CD one more time. I sat on the couch listening to it all the way through. I still thought that my singing was only average at best. I decided to go through with at least one appearance with the band. I hoped that when the audience threw me off the stage because I sounded so bad they would forget all about me ever singing with them again.

I put the CD in the computer room after turning off the sound system in the living room. A quick trip followed to lock up the garage and house then I went to bed.

I called Jeff and Suzy the next day. When I explained the situation to them they were glad to help Jack find him or herself. They would help Jack but wouldn't pressure him one way or the other. I called Jack that evening and passed along their phone number and location. I had wanted very much to be there to introduce them to each other but the rehearsals for the play would prevent me from being there. I made Jeff and Suzy promise to keep me informed about Jack's progress.

Action on the radio show was coming pretty heavy for a time. I had to arrange for a photo shoot for publicity purposes. I found a reputable local photographer and arranged a visit to her studio. Once I had the shooting date set, I contacted a friend and got some costumes made for me. It resembled a toga with a very low cut neckline and high hemline exposing lots of leg in the front. As a surprise for Tammy, I had one made for her. Since she was going to figure into the show as a large part of it I decided to include shots of her in the ads too.

The day finally arrived to do the shoot and I had to drag Tammy with me since I hadn't told her about being in the photos yet. We were headed for the studio after I picked her up at her house.

"I don't see why you need me, Jen. You're the one they want pictures of."

"Call it moral support if you want to but I need you there with me, OK?"

"I guess. Let's just get this over with." Her face took on her usual pouting little girl look as she slumped down in the seat of my truck.

I parked near the front door of the studio, got out and locked up the truck. "Come ON, Tammy. No dawdling now." She scowled back at me as we entered the storefront of the studio.

"Hello, Jennifer. I'm Wanda Brighton. I own this place and will be taking your pictures today. Are you all set?"

"I am if the costumes arrived. Are they here from the tailor?"

"I have them in back." Tammy and I followed Wanda through a door into a large open area. One corner was set up with photo equipment and a backdrop. Another corner had a couple of changing screens. A makeup table was along one wall next to several racks of props and supplies.

"This is where we'll do the pictures. I have a white and a gray backdrop ready as you requested. Let's see what you look like in costume then we'll make a decision about the background color. The costumes are over there by the changing screens on a rack."

I walked over to the screens pulling Tammy behind me. I looked at the costumes and saw that two of them had a small tag with the name 'Tammy' sewn inside the neckline. I picked them up and turned to face Tammy.

"Here, get into these, Tammy." I handed her the costumes. "Change into the single piece outfit first."

"What?"

"You heard me, young lady. You're a part of the show you know. Your voice will be heard on the air almost as much as mine. We're a team, you and I, and I need the Goddess of Radio there with me in the ads."

Her face brightened considerably then she scowled again. "But my Mom will NEVER let me do this, Jen!"

"You're NOT wiggling out of this that easy. I already talked with your mom." I fished the note out of my purse and handed it to her. “Here, take a look at this.” She opened the sealed envelope and read the note. Her face changed from a scowl to a wide grin. Moments later she was hugging the breath out of me. "What changed your mind? Was it something she wrote?"

She tucked the note in her purse. "Well, she just said that I should hang on for the ride and try to grab the gold ring whenever it comes by. She used to tell me that when she took me to ride the carousel in the park when I was a little girl. I was so afraid of falling off and hurting myself. She told me I had to try new things all the time. If I didn't I would never know how much fun I could have." She grabbed the costumes and headed for a changing screen.

I picked up my own costumes and changed behind the other screen. We both came out from behind the screens a few minutes later. "WOW, Jen, you look great!"

"You look pretty good yourself, Tammy."

"I was just wondering, how did you get my measurements?"

"Remember when I took you shopping for your college clothes?" She nodded. "Well, the store we went to keeps measurements on file. I called them to get yours. Looks like the tailor got the fit exactly right." The costumes hugged our curves in all the right places and revealed exactly what I wanted us to show. These were the more modest of the outfits. The other was a two piece costume consisting of a halter type top and a short skirt. The top and skirt exposed much more flesh to view. We would take pictures in both outfits then I would choose which pictures to use later.

We walked over to the makeup area where Wanda was waiting for us. I had my hair in my usual big ponytail style and wanted to keep it that way for the pictures. It was, after all, my 'signature' look. Tammy elected to go with something a lot more showy than her normal appearance. After around thirty minutes Wanda had us both looking like the Goddesses we were supposed to be.

We decided on the gray background to accent our white costumes. I posed holding a notebook PC while Tammy held a microphone up so that I could speak into it. We tried many other positions and props along with changing into the other outfit. The whole shoot took nearly two hours. I knew that we had some great material somewhere in all those pictures.

Wanda had the latest digital camera and printing setup so by the time we were back in our street clothes she had downloaded the shots from her cameras into a top end PC workstation. She printed out the equivalent of a contact sheet. There were ten sheets with as many as 20 different thumbnail pictures on each page.

"Did you really take that many pictures, Wanda?"

"I sure did. It's not like the old light on silver days where it costs a LOT to take a picture. I just keep changing memory cards and battery packs in the cameras to get the shots. You never know when just the right shot will turn up unplanned. For example, look at these…"

She handed me a photo of Tammy and I laughing as we were getting silly near the end of the shoot. I was amazed at how nice the shot looked. We stood side by side with our arms around each others waists facing the camera. It was obvious that we were having a good time at the shoot since there were props and other things visible in the background of the picture.

"Wanda, can you make up two of these as eight by tens in frames? I want to give one to Tammy and keep one for myself."

"Sure, hang around a few minutes and I'll do them for you right now. You want three by five inch copies of the other shots too?"

"Sure, two copies of each broken down into two sets. I want to give a set to Tammy. Can you burn them all on a CD for me too?"

"Sure, but it takes an hour or so to do the prints and the CD. Want to come back or pick them up later?"

"I think I'll stop back tomorrow for the whole batch including the large prints in frames. I know I'm about beat and I want to get back home. I have to ask this… Would you come on the show in a few weeks and talk about digital photography both at the home level and the pro level? I think it would make a great topic for a show."

"I would be delighted to, Jennifer. Just let me know when you need me. I need a couple of weeks notice since I don't want to schedule you on top of a wedding or something I might have to do."

"Thanks, Wanda. I'll give you a call in a few days to sort it all out. I'm trying to work at least a month in advance on scheduling guests. There's Tammy now so I'll get going."

We waved to each other as I left the studio with Tammy following behind me. We talked in my truck as I took Tammy back to her home.

"Well, what did you think of that, Tammy?"

"I liked it. I think you have some great stuff somewhere in all of those shots. When will you make a decision on what you're going to use?"

"Don't you mean 'When will WE'?"

"You want ME to help choose?"

"Sure, you're going to be up there on all of those billboards and in the newspaper ads too. I want us both of us to be happy with what's up there. LOTS of people all over the country will be looking at us."

"But why, Jen? Why are you being so nice to me about this?"

"Tammy, this is a group effort. Yes, right now there's just the two of us. What each of us does effects the other, we BOTH need to be comfortable in what we're doing to make the show work. I'm sure there are going to be circumstances when I'll have to make the final decision but I ALWAYS want to hear your opinion before I make it. I hope that the radio show will be only the first step in starting a broadcasting services company. I hope that you'll be able to be there beside me to see the company grow and share in the profits. That's why I worked the deal I did with you about your college grades."

"I wondered about that. OH, I almost forgot, my grades should be here in another day or so. Did you really mean it when you said I'd get a car to use if I kept my grade point at 3.9 or better?"

"Yes I did, Tammy. If you think that you're grades are going to be good enough then you need to start thinking about what kind of car you want to drive. The only limit I'll put on it is NO high performance type vehicles for you yet. This will be your first car and I don't want to lose you in an accident."

"Thanks, Jen. I'll start looking at the ads and making a few trips to the car lots." Tammy sat quietly for the rest of the trip looking at almost every car as it went past us.

Several days later her grades arrived. I paid up as agreed and bought a car for the company for her to use. She already had her driver’s license since she had come over to my house by herself many times driving her mom’s car.

A few weeks after I visited her in the hospital I finally got a call from Dannie. She was back at home and ready for my visit. We agreed to meet at her home on a Friday evening a few days after her call. Just before I left my house I took the ring out of a small box in my closet and placed it on my finger. I noticed that the glow I saw from the stones set in the black onyx background of the ring was just barely visible. I hoped that whatever was responsible for my hidden abilities was still there.

Dannie greeted me at the front door. "Hi, Jen! Glad you could come over tonight!"

"Thanks Dannie. You look great. How are you feeling?"

"Better every day, Jen. It's been a bit of a struggle adapting but I think I finally have an understanding of my body and my life." We went into her living room and sat next to each other on the couch.

"Well, I have a little present for you. I'm not certain it's going to work so I better explain. Remember when I got hit by the lightning?" Dannie nodded yes. "Well as part of my change I gained some… ummmmm… abilities. One of them is to heal people. I wanted to use that ability when you were injured but I didn't have time before the emergency crews arrived. I want to try to make up for that now. What I want to do is make your transition complete and give you real female equipment. I'm not certain how well it will work since my abilities seem to be fading. Are you willing to have me try it?"

"Of course, Jen. I've always wanted to be completely female. This is as close as I'll ever get normally. If you can help then I'm willing to let you try."

"Ok then. Strip and lay down on the couch." Dannie undressed and stretched out on the couch. I kneeled on the floor next to her and place one hand on her tummy and the other on her chest above her breasts. "I don't know if this will hurt or not. Ready?"

"Ready, Jen." She put her hand over mine on her chest and squeezed.

"Then here goes." I closed my eyes and formed a mental image of how Dannie should look. It wasn't very different from how she looked now except that her breasts were a bit larger and completely hers and that her internal plumbing was completely intact and female. I also pictured some minor facial softening and fuller, thicker hair. As I fixed the image in my mind I felt the power start to surge within me.

I opened my eyes as a golden glow enveloped us. I watched in amazement as the changes I pictured took place in Dannie. As the process neared completion, I felt as if every nerve in my body was on fire and screamed in extreme pain. I passed out just as the glow faded.

The next thing I felt was something cold and wet on my forehead. My eyes fluttered open to see the smiling face of Dannie standing over me. "Welcome back, Jen."

I started to try to sit up and found that I was still very weak. "Whoa there, girlfriend. Take it easy. You've been out for almost six hours."

"Six HOURS? Did it work?" Tears started to stream down her face.

"Yes it did and better than I could have ever hoped for. Everything is real now! The breast implants are gone. What you see is all me! And the feelings I get from my new plumbing are incredible. Is it really like this, Jen?"

"You have the complete package now, hon. You'll need to take birth control steps and you'll have periods just like every other complete woman. I hope you're ready to handle that."

"I'll do whatever it takes, Jen. How can I ever thank you?"

"Just help me set up right now." Dannie extended her hand and helped pull me upright to a sitting position on the couch. I looked down at the ring on my hand to see that the glow from the stones was now completely gone.

"I think that was the end of my abilities, Dannie. This time it actually hurt me. I don't think I'm ever going to try that again." I was swaying from the exhaustion that had overtaken my body.

"I think we need to get you something to eat. How about some soup?"

"I can handle that. I'm starving, Dannie." She came back a few moments later with a large mug of chicken soup and some crackers. A large glass of ice water was also on the tray. I finished the soup in about 15 minutes and asked Dannie for a second mug full. The soon disappeared too.

"Thanks Dannie, I feel much better now."

"Can you make it home ok, Jen?"

"I think so." I stood up and the world took a sharp twist then everything went out of focus as I passed out.

Again I felt something cold and wet on my forehead as my eyes fluttered open. "Welcome back again, Jen. How about you stay the rest of the night then go back home in the morning?"

"Sounds like a plan to me, Dannie. Thanks." I instantly fell asleep on the couch.

I woke up around seven AM uncertain of where I was. I suddenly remembered the events of the previous night as I tried to sit up on the couch. At least I didn't pass out again. Dannie heard me stirring and came out of the kitchen with a large bowl of cereal and milk.

"Morning, Jen. Feeling better?"

"Yes, just stiff and more than a little sore. I need to get back home and get ready for the radio show this morning. It is Saturday, right?"

"Yes, it is. You haven't been out that long, hon."

I smiled then dug into the bowl of cereal. I was absolutely ravenous and finished the whole bowl of cereal in just a few minutes. I felt much better and when I got up I didn't feel as if the world was going to go dark again.

"Dannie, I have to get going. Thanks for helping me recover. I really want to hear how you're doing after the changes, ok?"

"Of course, Jen. I'll talk with you later tonight!" We hugged and cheek kissed then I headed for the truck to go back home for a couple of hours and refresh myself. When I got home, I placed the ring back into the small box in the closet. I haven't looked at it since.

The days turned into weeks and the weeks into months as a routine settled in. I worked Monday through Friday at the college with evening activities like practice for the play. The weekends were busy with the radio show on Saturday mornings and play rehearsals on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Somewhere in there I found time to do several public appearances. The first was at the mall that Adam worked for as their PR person. I had been right in holding out to give the mall a chance at my first local appearance. The local MegaComp computer store in the mall was part of a national chain of stores. The chain was quite pleased with the local appearance and soon signed me to a contract for appearances in all the cities where they had a store that also had my radio show available on a station in the area. It turned out to be most of the major media markets in the US.

I found time during the week to do appearances by using my vacation time at the college to take a day off here and there for travel. Tammy and I made trips to New York, Los Angeles and several other major cities in just a few weeks. I’ll never forget that first trip to New York though. I decided to take a full week off since this was the first of my out of state trips. Tammy got the week off from college too provided she caught up with all of her homework when she got back and made a full report of what she learned on her trip.

MegaComp really treated us like big stars and had a limousine take us from my home to the airport. They even used their company jet for each trip. On that first trip, Tammy and I were greeted by Jeff Fuller, the president of MegaComp.

“It’s great to meet you Miss Stevens. We’ve talked quite a bit on the phone and I’m pleased to finally be able to shake your hand. You’ve done a great job for MegaComp so far.”

“I’m happy to meet you too, Mr. Fuller. Please call me Jennifer. I’d like you to meet Tammy Kelley. She’s my right hand person when it comes to the weekly broadcast and the show in general.”

“Pleased to meet you Miss Kelley. Please call me Jeff. I think we’ll all be doing quite a bit more business together and there seems little need for formalities now.”

“Thanks, Jeff. I think we’re scheduled to go to the hotel first then to the appearance tomorrow morning.”

“That’s right. I’m here with my limo and driver to take you lovely ladies to the hotel then on to dinner on the company. If you’ll give your baggage checks to my driver he’ll get your bags and meet us at the limo.”

Tammy and I handed our claim checks to the driver then followed Jeff to a huge white limo in the VIP parking area. Jeff opened the door and assisted us in entering the car. We talked for about twenty minutes until the driver returned with our bags. Within another thirty minutes we arrived at the hotel and were checked into our rooms. Tammy and I did a quick change of clothes into something more appropriate for dining. We both decided that our little black dresses were required. Twenty minutes after we arrived at the hotel we were leaving again for supper.

Jeff took us to Planet Hollywood in Times Square. How he managed to get a table I still don’t know. We had a table in one of the more visible locations but it was quiet enough that we could still talk easily.

“So, Jennifer, what do you think of MegaComp so far?”

“So far I’m impressed. Each of the stores I’ve visited has been well stocked with the latest PC parts and software and the prices have been reasonable. All of the store staff seem to be knowledgeable and very willing to help people coming in.”

“That’s what I was hoping to hear. We’ve also been impressed with you. We’ve been keeping track of your review policy and your ability to select review items matches almost one hundred percent with our selection process for new items to carry in our stores. You even came up with a couple of things we didn’t know about. We started carrying them and they became a best selling item for us.”

“I’m pleased that you’ve helped a few of those struggling small companies with worthy products get their wares out to the public.”

“Jennifer, I have to just come out and say this. We’d like to have you as our company spokesperson for our television and radio advertising campaigns. It starts in late March of next year. Are you interested?”

“It would certainly be interesting to me but there are loads of problems involved with it. For example, suppose I did take on the job and someone called in during my radio show with a complaint about MegaComp. What do I tell them, that I can’t side with them because my sponsor won’t let me? I’ve tried to stay away from things like this because of the problems it creates in being objective for my listeners. I’m honored that you would consider me for such a position but unless there’s a way to work out the problems to my satisfaction I have to refuse the offer.”

“Jennifer, if you had said yes immediately I would have withdrawn the offer. I, for one, don’t want someone in the position that will just rubber stamp the company line. That’s NOT what we’re after. I respect your integrity and want to work with you to find solutions for your objections. Will you at least work with us to revolve your problems with doing this?”

I thought for several seconds then realized that it does no harm to talk about it. “Yes, Jeff, I’ll work with you to resolve my problems with being a spokesperson for the company. If we can solve the problems inherent in this type of work I’ll consider it.”

“That’s good enough for me.” The waiter appeared at our table. “ Ladies, please feel free to order anything you want from the menu. I personally recommend the lobster. MegaComp is picking up the tab tonight to say thanks for what you’ve done for us so far.”

“Thank you, Jeff. Tammy, no alcoholic drinks tonight, Ok? We need to be wide awake for tomorrow’s appearance. Anything else is fine.”

“I agree, Jen. No partying tonight. I’ll go for the lobster too.”

“And I’ll have the beef tips in wine sauce please.”

The waiter disappeared with our orders. The talk then turned to other things. Tammy and I had a wonderful time. I even found out that Jeff was interested in theater. When I mentioned the hard time the theater group was having, Jeff suggested that MegaComp pick up the tab for doing the program books for the play. I gave him Greg’s contact information and promised to have Greg to call Jeff when we got back home.

Tammy and I arrived back at the hotel in the limo. We talked in my room for a couple of hours about Jeff’s offer. Between us we came up with a plan that just might let me do the spokesperson job without getting too involved in the company business. There would also be benefits to the public too and a large dose of great publicity for MegaComp. If MegaComp would make a donation equal to the “salary” I would be paid to a charity I would do the job. Megacomp would take care of all travel related expenses and set up separate review committee for those problems with customers that did arise. We decided to talk to Jeff tomorrow about the plan.

We prepared for bed, each of us going to our own rooms. We got up around six AM after wake-up calls from the hotel front desk. Jeff was going to pick us up at around nine AM for the drive over to the anchor store of the chain. It was a positively huge place on Long Island not too far outside of the city. He expected the trip to take a good thirty minutes in the city traffic at that hour of the morning.

We got dressed then Tammy came over to do my hair and I in turn did hers. I wore my usual ponytail style while Tammy opted for a similar style this time. We wore our best, tailored business outfits with a rather short hemline and revealing low cut tops. If I'd learned anything in the weeks after my change, it was that a little dressing up really helps with public relations things like this store visit. I approved of our overall look and motioned to Tammy to follow me down to the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast.

"All ready, Tammy?"

"As ready as I ever get at these things, Jen. I want to have a good breakfast. Say, how long are we supposed to be there anyway?"

"The agreement was for three hours but I think it could go an hour or two past that depending on the crowd. They'll block off the line at two hours so we'll be able to meet everyone in a reasonable amount of time."

"Last time we did one of these back home we had about a thousand people show up. Think we'll get more?"

"Probably LOTS more, since this is our first time on the road I'm not sure. I was watching the local news last night before you came in and MegaComp had ads every few minutes about our appearance. I talked to the local radio show affiliate just before we left and they said that the spots have been running on TV for more than a week. The station also asked us to drop by for an interview with their afternoon man and to record some promos if we have the time. We'll just have to see how long we're at the store before we make that decision."

Our breakfast orders arrived and Tammy and I dug in. I thought the hash browns, sunny side up eggs, and French toast was excellent. Tammy said her waffles and sausage was great too. If we came back to New York City, I'd have to remember this hotel and use them again. I made a note in my day planner about it and copied the reservation number down from the information displayed on the table.

As we finished breakfast, I spilled some coffee down the front of my blouse. "Damn! Tammy… I have to use the ladies' room then head back to my room for a little while to change my blouse. Will you meet me up there?"

"OK. See you up there in about fifteen minutes, Jen. I need to finish these waffles."

I signed the check to add breakfast to the room fees then headed for the ladies room. I put some water on the coffee stain to keep it from setting on then patted the blouse almost dry with a paper towel. I checked my makeup then headed for my room to change my blouse.

I swiped the door card through the reader next to my door. I pushed the door open, tossed my purse on the bed and started for the bathroom. Three steps into the room I felt an arm snake around my waist and something sharp press against my throat.

A male voice whispered in my ear. "Well, what do we have here? You smell great baby. I think I'm gonna have a little fun with you before its all over. Don't say anything or yell or you won't live to hear it."

He pushed me face down on the bed and told me to stay there. My mind raced looking for a way out of the situation. As a man, I would have simply laughed in his face then proceeded to snap him in half backwards. As a woman, I didn't have the physical strength to resist. I decided to try playing his game to buy some time. I stayed in place and didn't move.

I heard the door to the room close and latch. I realized then that there was no way out as the fear grew inside me. The next thing I felt was what I assumed to be a knife ever so slowly cutting away my skirt and panties. My blouse and bra followed.

As a man, I had mastered almost complete control of my emotions. I had known such fear as this many times and contained it. This time I had no control at all. The terror grew to new levels as I realized I was about to be raped. I began crying and shaking uncontrollably. It just seemed to turn him on even more.

"Oh, yea, baby. Show me that fear, I LOVE IT." He forced me to turn over so I faced him then I felt his knife slide along the skin of my breasts. I got a look at him and realized that he was wearing a mask that completely obscured his face. He held the knife at my throat as his other hand caressed my breasts then worked its way down to my clit. I moaned as he played with my body, filling me both with terror and pleasure. His hand stopped caressing me then I heard a zipper. I knew what was next.

"No, please don't. I'll give you anything if you just leave me alone."

"No way, baby. You got exactly what I want right now and I'm taking it."

He was huge. He straddled me and prepared to enter me forcefully.
I prepared for the worst and closed my eyes resigned to being taken against my will.

He positioned himself over me and rammed his penis into me. I whimpered as the pain shot through me. He began pumping rapidly against me. That lasted for what seemed like an eternity then his whole body stiffened as he came inside me. The next thing I heard was a loud cracking sound as his full weight slumped against me. I looked up to see Tammy standing there with the remains of a hotel chair in her hands.

"Oh my God, Jen are you all right?"

"No."

"Did he…?"

"Yes, just before you hit him with the chair."

"I'll call security and get them up here. Watch him. If he moves let me know." I heard Tammy pick up the phone in my room and dial the operator. "Get security up here. There's been a rape. We've got the guy here now. HURRY!" I heard her confirm the room number with the operator.

As Tammy was making the call I pushed the man off of me and he dropped to the floor next to the bed. Tammy positioned herself over the guy with what was left of the chair. He only moved once more and Tammy used the chair again. Security arrived moments later. By this time I had covered up using a blanket from the bed.

Two male security guards and a woman entered the room. "Is this the man?"

"It sure is. I was meeting my boss as she requested before we go out for a public appearance and I saw this man in her room. I saw him rape her as I came in through the connecting door and clobbered him with a chair. I guess I knocked him out."

They dragged the man into Tammy's room after placing some plastic restraint bands on his hands and legs. Both of the security men stayed with him in the room. The woman stayed with me.

"Did he enter you, miss?"

"Yes and he came in me."

"We've been after this guy for a couple of weeks now. He rapes his victims then mutilates them with his knife. If that's the knife on the floor the police will be very interested in getting it."

"Yes, that's the knife he used on me."

"I'm Judy Kline, the hotel doctor. I need to examine you and collect any evidence I can. Your name is…?"

"Jennifer Stevens and do THEY have to be here?" I pointed toward the two security men that had returned to the room."

"No they don't, Miss Stevens. You two OUT! NOW! And close that door behind you. Keep a close watch on that guy. If he gets out of here you two are fired." They stiffened noticeably then hurried out of my room to Tammy's room.

She watched as the two left the room. "Hmph… MEN! Well, let's see what he did to you."

I opened the blanket getting a good look at myself for the first time since the whole thing started. The skin around my nipples had scratch marks from the tip of his knife. The scratches were bleeding slightly. I had a huge bruise developing on my back where he hit me to force me down onto the bed. There was also a very shallow cut at the base of my neck where he originally pressed in the knife. I hurt where he had forced himself inside me.

"Do you mind if I take some pictures?"

"As long as they'll be used to nail that son of a bitch then take as many as you need." She took out a small camera and took pictures of my chest, neck and back.

"I doubt that there's enough here by itself to put him away for long but when the police get a look at that knife and compare it to the cuts on the other women he'll probably get life without parole. You said he did ejaculate inside you?”

“Yes.”

“Then I need to get some samples.” She pulled out a small glass tube and collected some of the fluid that was dribbling out of me. “OK, you can cover up now."

I pulled the blanket back over me. "Doctor Kline, can I get dressed now? I assume the police will be here to take a statement?"

"They'll be here shortly to take him away and they'll need a statement from you and the other woman here. Let me get something on those scratches to stop the bleeding and you can get dressed. I collected all of the evidence the police will need and I'll be here to give them my statement. I'll take some blood samples from you and he'll be tested for anything that he could have passed on to you. I'll have enough of the tests back so I can tell you something tomorrow morning. You'll need to get tested periodically to make sure he didn't give you anything. You’ll need to be tested for a possible pregnancy in about a week."

“Is there anything I can do now?”

“When the police leave you can douche. That will help clean you out and reduce the sperm activity. I have a bottle in my bag I’ll give you. How far away is your next period?”

“It should start in about two weeks. Why?”

“If your period doesn’t happen then you really do need to have a pregnancy test and see your doctor.”

She opened her bag and got out a syringe, small bottle of some type of antiseptic and a few cotton balls. She got a cotton ball wet with the solution and cleaned the scratches. The stuff stung but a few moments after she applied it the pain from the scratches faded away. Next came a tube of salve that she applied with a gloved hand. After that she took a blood sample and placed it back in her bag.

"Sorry I can't do much about the bruise, that will get worse before it starts to clear up. You'll have some muscle soreness so take it easy for a while. The salve should help with the scratches. There isn't enough damage that there should be any scars visible after a week or so. You really should go to the hospital to be checked out further. Otherwise, you're in reasonable shape considering what just happened. Now go get dressed."

She handed me a bottle from her bag. I looked over at the dresser to find all of my clothes spread out all over the floor. I picked out another blouse, bra, panties and skirt then went into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and sat on the closed toilet lid crying.

Many minutes later I heard a gentle knock on the door. "Jen, its Tammy. Can I come in?"

"NO!"

"I'm NOT taking NO for an answer." The door slowly swung open as Tammy entered the small bathroom. She sat next to me on the edge of the tub. "Jen, are you ok?"

"With what I've just been through you're asking me if I'm ok?" I broke down in tears sobbing again. Tammy pulled me close to her and stared stroking my hair and back.

"Let it out, Jen. I'm here for you." We sat there several minutes as huge sobs wracked my body. I felt so helpless and abused. After several more minutes, there was another knock on the door.

"Its Doctor Kline. Is there room for one more?"

"Why not Doctor. My bathroom has turned into Grand Central Station today. Come in."

"Miss Stevens, the police are here and want to talk to you. Will you speak to them?"

I looked down at myself to find that I was still naked. "I suppose. Let me get dressed. Tammy can you help me? Doctor please tell them I'll be out in a few minutes." She nodded then left the bathroom closing the door behind her.

"Do you want to shower or take a bath, Jen?"

"Better not until we see if the police need any more evidence."

Tammy helped me stand up and fasten my bra behind my back. The bruise was across my upper back and hurt when I tried to use my arms to fasten the bra. Tammy fastened the bra when she saw I was having trouble with it. I groaned a little as the bruise hurt when I bent over to put on the panties. The skirt and blouse followed. I walked barefoot into the room.

The police interview lasted nearly twenty-five minutes and covered the same ground several different ways. Satisfied that they had all the evidence, the police left with the man in custody and the Doctor's roll of film and her statement along with the samples and the knife all sealed up in a plastic bag.

Tammy was cleaning up my clothes when we heard a knock on the door. She opened it to see Jeff Fuller standing in the hallway.

"Oh my God, What happened?" Remnants of the broken chair were still on the floor along with most of my clothes and the contents of my purse.

"Do you want to tell him, Jen, or should I?"

"You." I turned away and headed for the bathroom. I noticed the bottle the doctor had handed me still on the counter in the bathroom. I read the instructions then used it.

A few minutes later Tammy was knocking at the door. "Jen, Jeff wants to talk to you. Will you come out?" I unlocked the door and slowly opened it stepping back into the bedroom. Tammy must have completed straightening up the room since there looked to be almost no sign of what happened earlier.

"Jennifer, I'm so sorry that this happened. I'm going to cancel the public appearance today and we'll re-schedule it for another time. I'll get the jet to take you back home as soon as possible."

I walked over to a chair next to the table and motioned for Jeff to take a seat. Tammy sat down in a chair next to me and held my hand. I sat there with my eyes closed in deep thought. I opened them again to see that Jeff and Tammy were both staring at me with strange looks on their faces.

"I don't think I can go home right now, Jeff. We have a contract for a public appearance and I'm going through with it."

"Are you serious, Jen? I saw what you looked like right after I hit the guy with the chair. Are you insane or something?"

"Am I insane or something? Well maybe 'or something', Tammy. All I know is that I need to continue on with my life. I think I can hold myself together and deal with the consequences of this later. Right now I have something to do to take my mind off what happened this morning."

"To hell with the contract, Jennifer. Are you really sure about this? We'd love to have you for the appearance but not like this."

"I'm sure about this, Jeff. Tammy will keep an eye on me and help me if it looks like I'm having a problem. I really do need to do this."

Jeff looked over at Tammy. She nodded her head and gave my hand a squeeze in agreement knowing that I wasn't going to back down on this. "Just give her about an hour to get herself together and we'll be ready to go."

"Ok. I'll call the store and tell them you'll be late but that you're still coming. I do have to tell you that we've heavily publicized this and there will be press all over the place. Once they find out what happened this morning, I don't think we'll be able to control the feeding frenzy that will happen. Are you ready to deal with that?"

"I'll have to won't I, Jeff? I can't hide from this. I know it will make it into the national news. I have to face it NOW and get it over with rather than getting slammed in the press later for trying to hide it. You know how the vultures can be when they smell a story."

“There’s no way I can change your mind then?”

“None, Jeff.”

“Then I’ll use the phone in Tammy’s room and make some calls. Let me know when you’re ready?”

“Sure, Jeff, and thanks.” He stood up, his face almost drained of color. He looked like I felt just then. He closed the door to Tammy’s room behind him.

“Are you sure about this, Jen? Really sure?”

“No but then that’s never stopped me before has it?” Tammy smiled at my feeble attempt at humor.

“Still trying to put a happy face on it aren’t you? All right, then. Go grab a quick shower and we’ll get moving. Don’t worry about washing off the salve. The doctor gave me a small tube of it for you as she was leaving. Just change back into what you have on now. That will look fine for the appearance. We’ll do some quick makeup and hair on you then you’ll be ready.”

I nodded then got up to go to the bathroom. I stripped then turned on the shower as hot as I could stand it. I must have washed myself down there at least half a dozen times and each time I still felt like it needed it again. I gave up and shut the water off, dried off, then changed back into my clothes being more careful this time to get things adjusted right and everything tucked in properly. In a little less than fifteen minutes I was back in the bedroom having Tammy do my hair and makeup as I sat in a chair staring out the window at the city below.

Tammy held up a small mirror. “There, how does this look, Jen?”

I didn’t bother to look at the mirror. “Just fine, Tammy.” I still looked out the window at the city spread out before me.

“Well, I thought the clown makeup was a little overboard myself but if you’re happy with it I guess we’ll leave it like it is.”

“That’s OK, Tammy. It looks just fine.” I still hadn't looked at my image in the mirror. I stared out the window.

“JEN! Just what the hell is going on inside that head? You didn’t hear a single word that I just said did you?” When I didn’t respond Tammy slapped my face. “JENNIFER!”

I jolted out of my deepening depression to find Tammy standing over me scowling. My old male reflexes kicked in and I raised my arms up to push her away. As I did, my arms brushed against something on my chest that my male mind said shouldn’t be there. The contact sent signals to my brain that short circuited the old male reflexes stopping me in mid-push.

My gaze shifted away from a bewildered Tammy to those things that shouldn’t be there. I looked down to see two large round lumps of VERY female flesh that were now a part of me. What was left of my fragile mind shattered as I threw myself onto the bed face down, huge sobs shaking my body.

After a few minutes I felt the bed shift slightly when someone sat down beside me. “Jen?” The voice belonged to Tammy. “I went and told Jeff to put everything on hold for a little while. Is that OK?” I nodded as the tears and sobbing continued. I felt her hand slowly stroking my hair and back. “It’s all right, Jen, let it all out. Take all the time you need.” She lay down beside me with her head on my shoulder. She continued to stroke my hair and back for several more minutes as my sobbing slowly ended.

“Jen?”

“I’m sorry, Tammy. I completely lost it.”

“I know and that’s ok. I know something of how you must have felt.”

“I guess you do don’t you.” I thought back to that terrible afternoon when I learned what had happened to Tammy and her mom when her dad came home in a drunken rage.

“Jen, I heard something that you have to know.”

“What’s that?” My tears slowed and I was regaining a little of my composure.

“I overheard two of the police officers talking. They ran an ID check on the guy that got in here. He was wanted for the murder of at least three men and the rape of several other women. The way I see it, being a woman saved you.”

“What? I don’t understand, Tammy.”

“The police said it best. If you had been a man they would have been here to investigate YOUR DEATH. That guy didn’t care at all about killing a man. If you had been a man he would have cut your throat the second you came in that door. Being a woman bought you some time when he decided he was going to....”

“Don’t say it…”

“But it’s true. The moment he saw you were a woman his plan changed. That kept him from killing you long enough so that I could get him with the chair.”

“But…”

“There are NO buts, Jennifer Marie Stevens. If you had been a man in the exact same situation you would be DEAD now. You can go ahead and beat yourself up all you want and it won’t change the facts ONE BIT. You survived BECAUSE you were female and the effect it had on him when he found out. Your ONLY problem is one that we can fix. You didn’t know how to defend yourself when you were attacked. Your old male reflexes couldn’t help you since you’re not in a male body any more.”

“So what can I do about that?”

“Come with me to some self defense classes, Jen. Mom and I took some after the problems with Dad. I need to go back for a refresher course. I have a great instructor that I’d like you to meet.”

“Does that really help, Tammy?”

“A lot depends on the individual. In my case it made me see that I wasn’t helpless. There are LOTS of things you can do when you’re attacked. You just have to learn them and have them become automatic reflexes. Sort of like you and chocolate.”

“Like me and chocolate? Tammy, what are you babbling about?”

“Whenever you see chocolate it’s an automatic reflex that you’re going to have some.” I giggled softly at the thought. There was a great deal of truth in what Tammy said.

“There, I heard that giggle. That’s the Jen I wanted to hear.”

“What do you say if we have Jeff take us to the absolute best chocolate shop in the entire city after we’re done with the appearance? I feel a chocolate overload coming on…”

“Sounds like your spirits are better. Want to go greet some happy listeners?”

“Sure, why not? Just let me get my makeup done again. I must look terrible.”

“You DID mess it up a bit. Let me tell Jeff we’re all set.” Tammy headed for the other room as I repaired my makeup. I didn’t do quite the job that Tammy did but I looked presentable again. Jeff followed Tammy back into my room.

“Are you all right, Jennifer?”

I smiled back at Jeff. “I think I’ll be fine, Jeff. Tammy and I had a little talk and I had a good cry. I have a lot to think about but I should be able to handle greeting some people.”

“Thanks, Jennifer. I’ll let the store know we’re on the way from the limo. I do have some good news. I talked to the city’s legal department and we’ve arranged that the press release about your incident be delayed by the police department until later today. We simply pointed out that they should take some time to be sure they have the right guy in all of the other attacks and then they can make a big production out of catching him. Thanks to you and Tammy there’s one less madman wandering our streets and the city should show a little thanks for both of you by letting you get back home or at least on your way before the news breaks. You may not have to come back to testify. The police seem to think they have enough on the other cases to nail him good.”

“Thanks again, Jeff. Hopefully this whole thing won’t be a problem until I get back home. Let’s get going, the public awaits." Tammy and I grabbed our coats and purses then followed Jeff to the waiting limousine. On the way to the store we chatted about the events that morning and how to handle things if any questions came up. We also talked about some long range plans. We even discussed the plan Tammy and I had to let me do the spokesperson job for MegaComp. Jeff was pleased at the ideas and wanted to work with us more to solidify the plan.

We pulled into the parking lot of the store well over an hour late. There was a line of people winding out of the front door into the parking lot before it doubled back on itself.

“My God, Jeff. There has to be a several thousand people here!”

“I told you that you were well liked in this city didn’t I? Those billboards of you and Tammy sure helped a lot too.”

The limo pulled around to the back of the store to let us out. As we rolled past the line a huge cheer went up from the crowd as they realized we had finally arrived. The car stopped just a few feet away from the employee entrance. Jeff opened the door and helped us out of the car then escorted us inside. We spent a few minutes in the employee lounge and rest rooms getting ourselves in shape then Jeff escorted Tammy and I to the area reserved for our appearance. The crowd inside the store applauded as we took seats at the table then began to sign autographs and answer short questions from the crowd.

Tammy and I lost track of the time. The light was rapidly fading outside as we left the store twenty minutes after we signed the last of the autographs. Jeff stayed with us the whole time watching over us and keeping things under control. We talked again in the limo.

“Well, Jennifer, are you holding up all right?”

“Yes, so far, Jeff. I just want to get back home and rest. Is the jet ready?”

“It can be but I was going to suggest staying over another night. I remember Tammy mentioning that you needed to make a stop at your local affiliate radio station. How about you both stay overnight again at company expense and leave tomorrow after you take care of your business? I’m sorry we kept you so long signing autographs."

"What do you think, Tammy? Want to stay overnight and maybe sight-see a bit in the morning?"

"Sounds great to me. I'm covered with the college classes so I'm up for it."

"All right, Jeff. We're staying overnight. By the way, how many people did we have here today?"

"I had someone count the crowd as they filed through and we had well over five thousand people come through.”

“FIVE THOUSAND? That‘s incredible, Jeff. No wonder my hand is cramped up so much. What about supper, can we stop somewhere on the way back to the hotel?”

“I know just the place for tonight and it's on me.”

“Sounds good to me. Jeff. We’re in your hands tonight. Just don’t keep us both out too late though. I’m tired from everything that’s happened today.”

“I understand. I need to make a phone call…” He reached over and picked up the cell phone. Then dialed a number. “Hello, this is Jeff Fuller. Yes. I’m fine Josie. I’m coming over with two lovely ladies to sample some of your excellent supper dishes. Any problems getting a table?… OK. I’ll be there in about fifteen minutes. Thanks, Josie.”

“Well, supper is taken care of. One more call…” He dialed another number. “Yes. Jeff Fuller calling. Can I speak to the manager?… Hi, Bill.. . Yes. they’re fine… Look, I need a favor… Can you give those gals the Presidential Suite overnight? I think they deserve it for what they’ve been through. Sure, that will be fine. Thanks, Bill… Have someone move their things to the new room. I’ll have them back there in a couple of hours. Bye.” He placed the handset back on the cradle and smiled at us.

“Supper is all arranged and I just got the hotel to give you the best accommodations in the place overnight. I hope that it in some small way helps to make up for what happened this morning, Jennifer.”

“I had my reservations about staying in that room again, Jeff. Thanks for making the change.”

“You’re most welcome. And thanks again for going through with the appearance today. I would have rescheduled it if you had wanted to.”

“It was something I needed to do, Jeff. I had to keep myself busy to keep from thinking about what happened and it worked. I don’t know how I’ll feel tomorrow but I’m fine for the moment. Just a little tired.”

"We're headed for my favorite little Italian restaurant. I promise a meal the likes of which you've never had then I'll get both of you back to the hotel for a good night's sleep."

"I'm not certain about your claim on the Italian food, Jeff. I have an excellent place in my hometown. Sometime when you're up my way I'll have to take you there."

"It's a deal. I'll give you a call to set it up in a couple of weeks. It looks like we’re here."

The limo pulled up in front of a small place that reminded me so much of Papa Nico's little place back home that I almost forgot where we were. Jeff assisted Tammy and I out of the limo and escorted us inside.

Just inside the door we all stopped dead in our tracks as we looked at a large wall of pictures. There, in the center of everything, was a large photo of Papa Nico and I as I looked now. And I do mean LARGE! We all looked at each other.

"Ummm… Jen, How?"

"I don't have the slightest idea, Tammy. Jeff?"

"Don't look at me. That wasn't there that last time I was here a couple of weeks ago." He looked as us and shrugged his shoulders.

I looked closer at the picture and realized it was taken when I performed with Papa on my visit there with Peggy. She was sitting next to me while I was inserting various things on Papa's juggling routine. I heard a voice behind me.

"Welcome to the restaurant, Jennifer. Papa sent it to me after you were there the last time. I'm his sister Josie!" She walked over and hugged me. "It's great to have you here at last! I always wished you would visit."

"Papa NEVER mentioned a sister! That old scamp."

"That's my older brother all right. Always full of surprises. If you look a little closer, you'll see pictures of the old you with Papa too. He's very proud of you."

I knew that Mama always took pictures but I never knew that Papa was proud enough of what we were doing that he sent them to anyone. I saw at least a dozen or more pictures of Papa and the old me on that wall doing various things in his place. Everything from Papa's juggling act to us singing together to Papa's tripping act.

Jeff spoke breaking my sense of awe at the pictures. "Well, that's a shock, Jennifer. I always wondered who that was in the pictures with Papa. I've met him several times when he comes down to visit Josie. He always looks at that wall and smiles."

"That's true, Jennifer. Mama even taught me how you like your pasta and the chocolate pie recipe that you both developed. It's our house specialty."

"Thanks, Josie and thank you too, Jeff. I never knew this about that old goat. Wait till I get back and talk to him again! God, here I am hundreds of miles away from home and I feel like I've just been transported back there instantly."

"Why don't you go set down and I'll be right there. Want any menus?"

"No, Josie. If Mama told you what I like then let's see what she told you. Maybe Tammy will need a menu. Jeff?"

"No menu for me, I know exactly what I want. My usual please, Josie."

"How about you, Tammy?"

"No menu needed. I'll have whatever Jen is having. I've been around her long enough to know that if she likes it I probably will too."

"All right, two Jennifer specials and Jeff's usual coming right up. Go have a seat."

Jeff took us over to his usual table and held our chairs as we sat down. A few minutes later Josie appeared with a large tray loaded with food. The plate she put on the table before me had a large portion of angel hair pasta covered with spaghetti sauce. The sauce contained beef chunks and Italian sausage. A large bowl of fresh, thick garlic bread slices was placed in the middle of the table and a plate with several small blocks of real Parmesan cheese were set beside the bread along with a small cheese grater.

I took a deep breath and inhaled the wonderful fragrance of the sauce. I smiled at Josie as I picked up my fork and sampled a bit of the pasta and sauce. I smiled ever wider when I tasted the sauce. "Just like Mama makes."

"Sure, why mess with success? Enjoy your meal. I'll be back in a while with slices of chocolate pie for everyone."

"Thanks, Josie" I looked over at Tammy and Jeff. They were busy enjoying their pasta so I went back to working on mine. I finally managed to finish most of the plate of pasta in another twenty minutes. I decided to leave room for the pie. After all, I never turn down good chocolate.

Josie brought the pie as Tammy and Jeff finished. "So, Jennifer, did I hear right. This is actually something you helped develop?"

I blushed. "Yes, Jeff. Mama and I worked on it for several months until we got it just the way we wanted it. I thought that my hometown was the only place you could get it. I'm glad to know that I can have it here."

"Jen, you sound like this is the next best thing to sex. Is it really that good?"

"Tammy. it's an awfully close call. Taste it and see for yourself."

"HOLD IT! I forgot the milk!" Josie put another tray down on the table. It had three large glasses of milk on it. Two were loaded with ice. She put the ice milk in front of Jeff and I and gave the other glass to Tammy.

“Thanks, Josie. Mama really did tell you all about me right down to the ice milk with the chocolate pie.”

“Eat up. I’ll be back in a while.” Josie left to tend to other customers. We all savored every fork full of the pie then leaned back in our chairs.

“Wow, Jen. You’re right. Between sex and the chocolate pie it would be a tough choice.”

“Wait a minute, Tammy. Since when have you had se… NO, don’t answer that, I don’t think want to know.”

Tammy blushed bright red. Jeff broke in to change the subject. “Are you ready to get back to the hotel? I don’t want to keep you out too long. You still have loads to do tomorrow.”

“I’m ready, Jeff. How about you Tammy?”

“I’m completely stuffed. All I want to do is get back to the room, take a nice hot bath and get some sleep.”

“I think you have a great plan, Tammy. Let’s find Josie so we can go.” Jeff got up to find Josie. Moments later she followed him back to the table.

“Josie, that was wonderful. It made me feel like I was setting at my usual table at Papa’s place. Thank you.”

“My pleasure, Jennifer. You are always welcome here.”

"What do we owe you, Josie?"

"Nothing tonight, Jeff. You have brought someone that I have always wanted to meet and this is my way of saying thanks." We hugged then I exchanged contact information with Josie. I wanted to tell her how Papa took the news that I had seen the restaurant in New York City.

We said goodbye then followed Jeff back to the limo. We arrived back at the hotel. Jeff escorted us to the Presidential Suite after retrieving the key from the front desk along with a stack of messages for me. As we neared the room we saw a security man standing outside the door.

"Good evening, Miss Stevens. We're sorry about your problems earlier today. I've been stationed here overnight if that's all right with you."

"Thank you. That's fine. Jeff, we'll see you on our next visit to the city?"

"No, you'll see me tomorrow morning. I still owe you a trip to the chocolate store and I'll make my limo available to you all day until you're ready to leave."

"Chocolate store trip? Who told you about that?" I looked over at Tammy who was staring intensely at the carpet in the hallway.

"I have ways of knowing these things, Jennifer. I'm not taking no for an answer."

"It's really not necessary, Jeff." Tammy poked me in the side and scowled at me. "I don't want to monopolize your time." She poked me again.

"It's no problem, Jennifer. I'm quite happy to do it. It will get me out of my stuffy office all day. Please allow me to show you some of the city under more relaxed circumstances than today."

Tammy poked me again. "According to my sidekick here we accept. We'll see you around nine AM?"

"That's fine. Until the morning then…" He took my hand then kissed it then repeated it with Tammy. He bowed then left us standing at the door.

I opened the door and entered the suite with Tammy close behind me. The room was incredible. Huge overstuffed furniture all done in real leather filled the living room. We explored the suite for a few minutes then took a seat on the huge sofa to relax. I kicked off my heels and tucked my legs up under me to get my feet warm.

"Tammy, why were you poking me?"

"I wanted you to accept his offer silly."

"Whatever in the world for? We could have done everything by ourselves tomorrow then gone home."

"Jennifer, how often do you have the chance to hang around with the president of a company like MegaComp?"

"Not THAT often. So?"

"So enjoy the ride while you can. If he's willing to escort us around tomorrow then I say we should let him. The better you get to know him the better it will be if and when you become the company spokesperson. Learn as much about him as you can now then you'll know how he'll react to something later."

"Tammy, you're devious. I'm proud of you. I should have thought of that."

"You're just still rattled from the events this morning. With a good night's sleep you'll be back to your old self."

"That's the problem, Tammy. I WAS my old self there for a very short time this morning and it really upset me."

"I'm sorry, Jen. How are you doing now?"

"I'm holding myself together. I think I'll be better in the morning. I'm beat. Let's go see if we can find a hot tub. This place HAS to have one and I want to relax in it a while."

"Me too, Jen." We headed for the bathroom. It was huge like the rest of the suite and had an incredibly large tub in the center. There was an abundant supply of towels and robes hanging on a rail next to the tub.

"Not quite a hot tub is it? I think it will do though." I hit pushed the stopper down and turned on the hot water. I found the controls for the built-in jet system and started them on low to move the water around. I found some bath beads on the counter and added them to the swirling water. Tammy began to strip out of her clothes tossing them in a small pile by the door. I stood there looking at her. "What, no bathing suit, Tammy?"

"Nope. We're both girls right?" I nodded. "Well, I haven't got anything you haven't seen already by looking at yourself, you’ve just have a little more of it that’s all." I nodded in agreement and stripped out of my own clothes leaving them in a pile by hers.

We eased into the tub taking seats across from each other. The warm bubbling water worked on my sore muscles and the bruise from the morning. After about twenty minutes, the safety timer kicked in shutting down the jets. The abrupt stop in the pleasure we were feeling brought us back to our senses. We both looked at each other with very wide smiles.

"All I know, Tammy, is that I have to get one of these for my house."

"Something like this one?"

"Of course. Even if I have to build on another room for it! You know… I just realized something. I’m setting here in a bathtub with a completely naked woman across from me. I'm completely naked and I feel nothing sexual about this situation, NOTHING. If I were a man in this situation we’d be making out right now. Yet here we sit, two naked women in a hot tub talking as if everything was completely natural.”

“I thought it was completely natural. The way you act and talk most of the time I forget what you used to be, Jen.”

“Thanks, Tammy. That means I'm doing fine so far." I looked down at my hands. "Damn, we both look like prunes. I hate to get out but I don't think I can take any more. I was tired before and now I’m fully relaxed on top of that. Much more of this and I’m going to fall asleep right here in the tub. I can see it now…'Talk show hostess dies by drowning when she falls asleep in hot tub' all over the pages of the newspapers."

"I want to be 'relaxed' like this a whole lot more, Jen, but you're right, I need some sleep too."

We got out of the tub and dried each other off. We put on the robes then headed for the bedroom. I grabbed the stack of messages and sorted through them. I handed several to Tammy and she glanced through them.

"Think you should return a few of these calls, Jen?"

"Only the ones from my family and Adam tonight. The others will wait until morning." I went out to the big living room and called Adam first. Once I got him calmed down, he realized that I was ok. I told him I would see him tomorrow night for certain. The next call was to my sister. She too went ballistic when she heard my voice. Like Adam, when she calmed down I told her I was fine and that I would be back home the next evening from the trip. With both Adam and my sister I only confirmed what the news reports said. That was that I was mugged in my hotel room and that I had some cuts and bruises but was otherwise unharmed.

I dragged myself back into the huge bedroom. There were two huge beds available. Tammy had crawled into one of them so I took the other, both of us naked.

"'Night, Jen."

"'Night, Tammy. Thanks for being with me today. It means a lot to me." I reached over and hit the light switch on the night stand. I was asleep in moments.

The next thing I remember is loud screaming and someone shaking me. "Jen, WAKE UP! You're having a nightmare. JEN!" I felt a slap across my face and in shock I stopped screaming. "Jen?"

I looked up to see a very naked Tammy standing in front of me. "Oh, Tammy, I'm so sorry. I went through it all again just now." I threw myself back down on the bed sobbing. We heard a knock on the door. Tammy put on her robe and answered it. She came back a few moments later.

"That was security checking when they heard you scream." She took off her robe again then slid into bed next to me pressing herself up against me as I lay there crying. The contact of her warm body and her stroking my head and back soon calmed me down enough to turn to face her.

"Why, Tammy? Why do you put up with me? There are lots of other people that you could get involved with that aren't as screwed up as I am."

"Jen, from the first instant I saw you I knew I liked you very much. My mom accepts you as a member of our family now and I think of you as my big sister. I care deeply for you and I want to see you happy in your new life. I know you have Peggy and others to help you but they're all older than you are now. You need someone closer to your physical age to help and that's what I've been trying to do."

"And I appreciate that Tammy. Are you really certain that you want to hang out with a total misfit like me?"

"Just try and stop me, Jen." She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek and hugged me. Our breasts rubbed together as we hugged. I blushed at the contact. "Now let's get back to sleep." She started to return to her own bed.

"Ummm…, Tammy, could you stay with me?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Someone in bed with me calms me when I get like this. You're sort of like a living security blanket for me."

She eased back into the bed then snuggled up as tight against me as she could get. The feeling of her warm body pressing tightly against was wonderful. I reached over and hit the light switch. A few moments later, we were asleep again.

When I woke up again I felt a hand over my waist hugging my middle. I moved away from the still sleeping Tammy and went quietly to the bathroom to empty out and wash my face and hands.

Completing my bathroom trip, I put my robe back on and pulled the blankets off Tammy. She still refused to wake up so I reached out whacked her gently on her bare bottom. Her eyes flew open instantly.

"Morning teddy bear and thanks for being here last night. We've got another busy day ahead so I suggest we get moving. It's almost eight AM. Jeff will be here in about an hour."

"Did we sleep that late?"

"Yes and we needed it too. Now move it or lose it, little sister!" I swatted her bottom again a little harder.

"OK SIS! I'm up, I'm up!" She crawled out of bed headed for the bathroom. A few moments later I heard the water running in the tub. Tammy yelled from the bathroom. "Jen, want to share a bath? It'll be faster and we can get each other's backs."

"I'll be right there. Let me make a phone call first." I called the local affiliate station and arranged to make the meeting I missed yesterday. The management was thrilled that I'd be coming since the story had broken overnight of my attack yesterday. They scheduled an hour in the afternoon for me with the afternoon talk show host to talk about that and the computer show. I didn't know how well I'd do in the interview but I had to face it sometime.

I walked into the bathroom and slipped out of my robe into a nice large tub full of hot scented water. Tammy was already soaking. "I had to call the local station and arrange to make a meeting I missed yesterday. We'll take care of that this afternoon. I'm sure they'll ask about yesterday."

"What are you going to say to them? You'll probably have an army of press outside the hotel waiting to talk to you too."

"I'll just tell the truth, Tammy. I got some scrapes and bruises but otherwise I'm fine."

"Fine, YOU'RE FINE? Yesterday morning and again last night you turned into a mental basket case and you're going to tell them you're fine?"

"They don't need to know everything, Tammy. I'd rather keep my emotional problems out of the papers."

"If that's the way you want it, Jen. What are you going to tell Adam when he asks if you're ok?"

I thought for several seconds then shook my head. “I just don’t know Tammy. How much can I tell him and still keep him? Will he pull away from me when he knows the truth? Will I pull away from him if I have problems again or if I'm pregnant? I just don’t know.”

“I do know one thing, Jen. If your relationship with Adam doesn’t survive this then it wasn’t meant to be anyway. If he’s the one you’ll spend the rest of your life with this won’t make one bit of difference to him. Do yourself and him a favor and tell him the truth when you see him. It’ll be better for both of you if you’re completely open with him about what happened and your feelings about it.”

I thought for several more seconds. “I just have one question, Tammy.”

“What is it?”

“How did someone as young as you get so wise for your years?”

“It comes from hanging around an ‘old fart’ like you. Sooner or later some of that wisdom you’re been storing up had to rub off.” She grinned then splashed me with her hand.

I started giggling and splashed her back. We got into a small splashing war until I caught the clock out of the corner of an eye. “TRUCE! Look at the time!”

“Uh-OH. We’re gonna be late. Here… get my back then I’ll do yours.” She turned around and handed me the rough sponge she had been using. I completed a through cleaning of her back then turned around so she could do mine. A few minutes later we were toweling each other off. In another fifteen minutes we were dressed in more casual attire than yesterday, a simple blouse and pants with low heels was my choice. Tammy went for a longer skirt and a matching blue blouse also with low heels. We did each other’s hair then stuffed our bags again. Since we would be leaving from the radio station this afternoon we wouldn’t be coming back to the hotel. Our bags could go with us in the limo.

We called for aid in moving our bags to the lobby of the hotel then asked the manager to hold them for us as we headed for the restaurant for a late breakfast. Jeff appeared a few minutes after our food arrived at the table.

“Good morning ladies. I took the liberty of having your luggage put in the limo.”

“Thanks, Jeff. I need to visit our local affiliate this afternoon after lunch then I can head home. This morning Tammy and I are in your hands.”

“Then I promise to show you some sights before you have to leave today. In fact, I have a special surprise for you.” He motioned for the waitress to bring the check for our meal then signed it and told the waitress to add it to the room fees. MegaComp was paying for the rooms on this trip.

As we left the hotel a huge crowd of reporters started shouting questions at me about what happened yesterday. I shouted back that I was fine and would be heading back home later today. I ducked into the limo while they were shouting more questions then I closed the door.

In twenty minutes we pulled up in front of a theater on Broadway. The marquee said that "My Fair Lady" was opening here in about two weeks. Jeff had made arrangements for us to visit the theater and watch them rehearsing. When we arrived rehearsals were under way for several new cast members joining the show. The entire cast was there and we had the pleasure of watching the new cast members mesh with the rest of the cast.

As the song “Wouldn’t It Be Loverly” started I sat in the audience quietly singing along. As the song ended the director, setting a few seats away from me, called for a break in the rehearsal. He moved into a seat next to me.

“Hello, I’m Bob Quince, the director of the play. I hope you enjoyed our rehearsal this morning Miss Stevens. I know we enjoyed having you here today.”

“Thank you, Mr. Quince. ‘My Fair Lady’ has always been one of my favorite musical productions and please call me Jennifer. ”

“Jennifer, have you considered doing a stage production yourself? I couldn’t help hearing you sing just then. You have a marvelous voice and your accent was quite good.”

“Actually, Mr. Quince, I’ve worked on many productions but never as a performer on stage. I specialize in sound and lighting work. I’m currently assisting in a production of Victor/Victoria at home in that capacity.”

“Have you ever considered an on stage role?”

“From time to time the urge has hit me to perform but I've never had the chance. Why do you ask, Mr. Quince?”

“Please call me Bob, Jennifer. I was hoping that you might consider joining our production as Eliza Dolittle. Our lead in the role will be leaving us in about 6 months to begin filming on a movie. Might you be interested?”

“Me in a Broadway show? Bob, I’m thrilled to be asked but I must say no. I do a weekly national radio show on Saturday mornings and work every week as a network manager at an upstate college. I’m most flattered that you would even consider me for a part such as this one but it would be impossible for me to do it. I hardly think I’m good enough to take on a role like this. On top of that I’m not even a known name on Broadway.”

“Great talents are discovered from relatively unknown performers all the time. Well, if I can’t talk you into it now will you at least keep us in mind?”

“I will, Bob, and thanks for asking about my participation. I do regret that I can’t do it right now but maybe some day.”

He simply nodded then left for the backstage area to talk to the cast. Tammy sat down beside me in the seat he had used.

“WOW, you get an offer to star in a real Broadway play and you have to go and turn it down. Are you crazy, Jen?”

“Maybe, Tammy, just maybe. I don’t feel comfortable up there on stage. As a kid in my brief chorus career, every time I was on stage in front of an audience I felt like I was going to toss my lunch. It wasn’t a good experience for me.”

“But you’ve changed so much since then, Jen. You’re NOT the same person you were then. You certainly don’t even look the same.”

“But there’s still a lot of the old Bob Stevens inside me, Tammy. Yesterday’s incident brought it all crashing back on me. I locked the old me away to make room for the new me. That was wrong. I need to make a ‘new me’ that is a combination of what I was and what I’ve become. I’ll never be completely happy until I do that.”

“I didn’t know, Jen.”

“Nor would anyone else have ever known until I realized it myself yesterday. I got way too wrapped up in everything that’s happened to pay attention to my own feelings and needs. I have to take some time for myself.”

“So does that mean that you’re giving up the radio show?”

“Of course not, just some of the traveling and maybe working at the college. I really don’t need to work there and it isn’t fair to them to have only a part time network administrator with me doing other things.”

“So what are you going to tell Jeff about the spokesperson job?”

“He said that he didn’t think it would start until some time in March of next year so it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll keep my commitments for appearances I’ve made and schedule anything else for after the play shuts down next year. That should give me some breathing room to relax and adjust to my new life more than I have already.”

“I agree with your plan, Jen. I’ve been watching you and I have noticed the strain growing inside you. Yesterday’s problems simply made you feel it. You needed a good jolt of reality. I did mean what I said about the self defense classes too and I’m going to hold you to your agreement to come with me.”

“I don’t have any problems with that, Tammy. Right now they could only help me. Hey, I wonder where Jeff has wandered off to? I haven’t seen him in almost a half an hour.”

“He said something about making some phone calls when he left, Jen. I’m sure he’ll be back momentarily. In fact, there he is now…” We looked up to see Jeff stepping off the edge of the stage onto the set of stairs.

“Tammy and I thought you got lost with the chorus line, Jeff.”

“Not a chance. I was just making a few business calls. If you’re finished here how about lunch at a real deli?”

“Hmmm. A real corned beef sandwich New York City style. Sounds good to me. Lead the way, Jeff.”

We said goodbye to the cast and crew thanking them for their time then followed Jeff out to the limousine. As is usual for the morning, it took nearly thirty minutes to go just a few blocks across the busiest area of the city. We probably could have walked there much faster.

The driver parked the limo a few spaces away from the front door of a run-down building. I looked over at Jeff and arched an eyebrow.

"I know what you're thinking, Jen. No, I haven't lost it. Don't let the looks of this place fool you. Trust me." I looked over at Tammy and shrugged then we followed Jeff inside.

We got a booth and ordered from well-worn menus. A few minutes later someone brought over our order on a large tray. I couldn't believe the size of the corned beef sandwich I got. It was loaded with meat and lots of goodies and served on the most wonderful Rye bread I've ever tasted. It was much more than I could eat at one sitting even for the old me. Jeff must have been watching me closely. Either that or he's a mind reader.

"Don't worry, what you don't finish I'll have wrapped up and we'll stash it in the little fridge in the limo. You can take it with you on your flight back and have it on the way home tonight. No cooking for you for your supper!"

"I like the sound of that. Let's dig in Tammy." I managed to eat a little less than half of the sandwich and finish the soda I ordered with it. I managed to save a little room since I saw something on the menu I wanted to try. I motioned someone over and ordered a slice of chocolate cheesecake.

"I knew it, Jen. I saw that on the menu and KNEW that you would have to try it."

The cheesecake turned out to be excellent and I enjoyed every bit of it. Sadly I realized all of this food the past few days was going to wind up somewhere on my body. After all I’ve been through to look like this I wasn’t about to start down the old road to being overweight again. I figured that after my self-defense training I had better join a work-out place back at home.

We finished our meal as much as we could and true to his word Jeff had the leftovers neatly packaged for later. He came out of the deli carrying a box that he put in the small fridge in the back of the limo. Minutes later we were on the way to the radio station.

The interview with the afternoon talk show host went pretty well considering I had been the main topic of discussion on almost every radio and TV station in the city since the news broke yesterday afternoon. After nearly half an hour of questions and comments about the incident the conversation turned toward computers and technology. Despite the fact that I had only been scheduled for an hour I wound up on the air for a little over three hours.

The host thanked me for taking the time out of my schedule to be with him just as we ended his show for the day. It took another hour or so to record the promotional spots the station wanted for my show then we were back in the limo again.

“So where are we headed now, Jeff?” I looked out of the window at the buildings going by.

“The last stop before I take you back to the airport. The chocolate place of course!” The limo traveled another few miles finally slowing down in a more upscale section of the city. It rolled to a stop in front of a Godiva chocolate store.

“Jeff, you can’t be serious. That place wants five dollars for just ONE chocolate. It’s way too expensive!”

“I’m very serious, Jennnifer. You went through quite a lot over the past two days and we are very grateful you did that. Select whatever you want and as much as you want. It’s on me this time.”

I looked over at Tammy who was smiling and shaking her head yes with very wide eyes. I winked back at her then turned back to Jeff. “If you insist, Jeff, and thank you!”

He helped us out of the limo and escorted us inside. After a short talk with the staff he motioned for Tammy and I to make our selections. I got about two pounds of chocolates. Tammy selected about the same amount as I did. We watched as the register totaled up the bill. For what Jeff paid for the chocolates I could have built a modest PC. As he handed a credit card to the counter person he leaned over and said something. Moments later several of the staff were scurrying around filling several more boxes with chocolates.

“Ladies, it will be a few more minutes while they fill my order. How about waiting in the limo?”

Since my poor feet were hurting from the heels I decided that sitting down was probably the best choice. I nodded in agreement and Tammy followed me back outside carrying our boxes of chocolates. She opened her box in the limo and had several of the chocolates.

“Jen, these are great! Are you going to try yours?”

“I’ll wait, Tammy. I do love chocolate but the old saying about chocolate is true, ‘Once it gets past your lips it goes straight to your hips’. I’m saving mine for later.”

“You’re gonna love them, Jen.” She put the top back on her chocolate box and patted her tummy.

We saw someone from the staff wheel out several large boxes on a small cart. Our driver helped to put the boxes into the trunk of the limo. Jeff got in moments after the trunk lid closed tight.

“Next stop is the airport. I called the crew of the jet and told them to get it all warmed up. With a little luck getting out of the airport you’ll be back in Syracuse well before seven tonight.”

“Thanks for making this trip possible, Jeff. Other than yesterday morning we had a great time. Maybe we’ll be doing it again in another city.”

“I’ll be there, Jennifer. Just let me know when and where.”

We chatted all the way back to the airport eventually pulling up alongside the small jet in a secured area off to the side of the main building. Jeff escorted us into the plane while the driver and a baggage person loaded our bags in the cargo hold.

Jeff said goodbye then waited by the limo as our plane moved out onto the taxiway. Several minutes later we lifted off headed for home.

So there you have it Dear Diary. When I had called Adam last night he wanted to immediately come down to stay with me but I vetoed that idea. Instead we decided that he would meet me at home tonight. I have absolutely no idea what I’ll say to him or how he’ll take the truth of what really happened. Things like the fact that I was really raped instead of the guy just breaking into my room, the fact that I might be pregnant, and I had a chance of having some type of sexually transmitted disease were conveniently left out of the news reports.

Gotta go, Diary. The pilot just let us know we'll be landing at the airport in Syracuse in a few more minutes. We have to get buckled back in now. I’m only certain of one thing, I am NOT looking forward to tonight.

>>>>>>>>

Reverend Harvey Peabody, known to police departments everywhere as con man Jimmy Glover, leaned back in a chair in the cramped, dingy room that served as his office in the back of the converted storefront. Over the past few months Jimmy had converted the storefront space into a combination church and homeless shelter. The kitchen was working every day to provide meals to the less fortunate residents of the area surrounding the facility.

At night the shelter provided a place for over fifty homeless men, women and children to sleep where it was warm and dry. The place had even attracted some counselors that donated their services for free. They had helped a few people to find productive jobs and turn their lives around. Even a few doctors had joined in to provide a weekly clinic for the people of the area.

Jimmy was rightly proud of what he had accomplished but for drastically different reasons. Sure, the place was making a major difference in the area. Crime had dropped by nearly fifty percent since the place opened and drug use had fallen almost as much in the area. The clinic alone was a tremendous success. “All the better for my plans,” he thought as he gazed out of the open office door to the line for lunch today. His view of the kitchen was suddenly blocked by a woman entering the office. She closed the door behind her then planted huge kiss on Jimmy’s lips which he eagerly returned.

“Hi, Sue, how are things going today?”

“Pretty good, Jimmy. The ladies societies are eating all of this up. I just played the part of the long suffering minister’s wife at one of their luncheons. I walked away with a check for twenty-five thousand dollars for this place.” She took the check out of her purse and tossed it on the desktop.

“So I take it Mrs. Pamela Peabody was a rousing success with the ladies?”

“She sure was. If I have to play her much more I’m going to gag from having to be so nice to people.” She kicked off her heels and put her feet up on the edge of the desk giving Jimmy a wonderful view up her dress.

He admired the view for a few moments then frowned and pushed her feet off of the desk. They landed on the floor with a loud thud and Sue complaining bitterly about the pain in her heels. “Well next time remember who you’re supposed to be damn it. What if someone had walked in here and seen you? Do you think a real minister’s wife would act like that?”

“But the door was closed…”

“Look at the door. Do you see any lock on it?”

“No…”

“Then we could very easily be interrupted by someone coming in un-announced couldn’t we?”

“I suppose so…”

“All right then. Remember to act the part at all times unless you want to screw up the whole thing. You don’t have to be sugery-sweet nice all of the time but remember that a real minister’s wife wouldn’t act like a third class whore under any circumstances.”

As if to drive home what he just said they heard a knock at the door. Jimmy glared at Sue who simply sat in the chair massaging her sore feet. He straightened his tie and shirt and checked his hair in a small mirror.

“Come in please,” intoned Jimmy in that familiar preacher’s voice he had mastered a few years ago. A gray haired woman entered.

“Sorry to bother you Reverend Peabody. We’re having some trouble with one of the stoves. Can you help?”

“Sure Andrea. I’ll be right there. By the way, have you met my wife Pamela yet?”

“No I haven’t yet. Nice to meet you Pamela.” The two woman hugged.

“Andrea here is like my right hand. She keeps the place running. It would be impossible without her.” The woman blushed at the praise just heaped upon her.

“But it’s your inspiration that keeps us going, Reverend. I have to get back to serving. Please come look at it when you have a chance?”

“I will, Andrea. Be right there.” The woman smiled then turned back toward the kitchen closing the office door behind her. “See what I mean? And don’t wear so much jewelry. You’re supposed to be a minister’s wife not the wife of the owner of Macy’s department store.”

She took off several rings and an expensive looking gold necklace and put them in her purse. “Sorry, Jimmy.”

“If you wore that stuff to the luncheon and someone asks where it went just tell them that you borrowed it from someone for the occasion, ok?”

“Ok. How are we doing so far?”

“I think I’m ready for the next phase. If it works out we’ll make a few million from this.”

“I like the plan. Get the place running to past capacity then raise the money to build a new place. Except we don’t build it, we take off with the funds.”

“It worked before, it’ll work again. I might even get that guy turned woman involved and have her take some of the heat on this one. Maybe I’ll even get some of her money too seeing as she’s done so well.”

“Remember, Jimmy, keep it simple, hon. Just keep it simple. No big involved side plots like the last time, ok?”

“I promise, Sue, I promise.” His mouth was saying one thing while his mind was thinking something totally different.

>>> To be continued in Zapped! Chapter 10

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
128 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos