The Rats of Hell: Part 4

Printer-friendly version
The Rats of Hell

by Tanya Allan

 
In a Galaxy, far, far away, there was a peaceful planet called Devia. On this planet lived a young man called Carl and his family.

This planet was invaded and overwhelmed in a surprisingly quick time by an army of sinister humanoid warriors. Leaving a devastated landscape and the civilisation in ruins, our young man is herded by the soldiers, with thousands of others, into an enormous transport ship. Men and women were segregated for an unknown, but ominous purpose.

With all other members of the family missing, believed killed, Carl and his mother have little time left together. On the urgings of his mother, he assumes the appearance of a girl in a vain attempt to remain with her.

The invaders seem to believe it...

but then the nightmare begins!


Tanya has a new website where she will display her latest works first and then to BigCloset TopShelf a few weeks later is here at Tanya Allan's Tales .
Tanya's Book Shop where she is selling her works in book form is at http://tanyaallan.authorshaunt.com/shop.php . Please Visit!


 
The Legal Stuff: The Rats of Hell © 2009, 2010 Tanya Allan
 
This work is the property of the author, and the author retains full copyright, in relation to printed material, whether on paper or electronically. Any adaptation of the whole or part of the material for broadcast by radio, TV, or for stage plays or film, is the right of the author unless negotiated through legal contract. Permission is granted for it to be copied and read by individuals, and for no other purpose. Any commercial use by anyone other than the author is strictly prohibited, and may only be posted to free sites with the express permission of the author.
 
This work is fictitious, and any similarities to any persons, alive or dead, are purely coincidental. Mention is made of persons in public life only for the purposes of realism, and for that reason alone. Certain licence is taken in respect of medical procedures, terms and conditions, and the author does not claim to be the fount of all knowledge.
 
The author accepts the right of the individual to hold his/her (or whatever) own political, religious and social views, and there is no intention to deliberately offend anyone. If you wish to take offence, that is your problem.

 
This is only a story, and it contains adult material, which includes sex and intimate descriptive details pertaining to genitalia. If this is likely to offend, then don’t read it.
 
Please enjoy.
Tanya

 
 

Part 4

 
 
 
Chapter 6
 
 
My last time in space was under the influence of all manner of drugs and emotional distress, this time there were no drugs, but emotional stress was there in bucket-loads!

I was clamped into the same type of enclosed space pod into which I had been transferred to Hell in the first place. We all were. It was the only way to travel. Such were the G-forces and physical stresses on the human body that to attempt travelling without such protection would be unthinkable. The ships were fully automated, so there was no crew up on the control deck. There was a crew, but in pods similar to ours. They were there in case of emergency only, and to facilitate the impending invasion.

It had been a dangerous path to get this far, yet we had managed it, just. Who knows what awaited us at the other end, but at least we had risen from the pits of hell.
 
 
The spaceport was several miles across country from the large dome from which we’d recently escaped and closer to the Zoo. It was the only existing facility that we’d come across that had been left intact by the invaders. They’d built a covered expressway to the port, most of which was sealed in with a substantial wall. There was nothing outside the walls, except piles of mangled metal and discarded machinery. It was through this junkyard that Otto and his team found a route for us to make our approach, and then through a rusting gate that led to more wreckage but also access to the port. It took them several days of painstaking and back-breaking work to create a gap large enough for us to squeeze, one at a time.

We’d discovered many things on our trips to the spaceport. It had taken us several weeks of observing and reconnoitres to come up with a workable plan. The first surprising thing we discovered was that not all humans were coerced through mind-altering drugs. There were many in paid employment of the aliens, and seemed happy to be doing so. They all lived and worked in the closely confined spaceport area. Seth took one look at the men working amongst the ships.

“Scum!” he said. “These and fellows like them you can find in or around all the shit-holes in the galaxy. Driven by cash and probably keeping up a drug habit, they’ll work for anyone doing anything, without question. They have no loyalty to anyone or anything except to themselves and can’t be trusted further than you can throw them welded to a Humbolt Mark-six space drive.”

There was a vague military presence in the spaceport, consisting of guarded gates and the occasional patrol. We saw several of the tall Mix-breeds, usually in company of half a dozen soldiers and several techs.

It explained how they were able to initiate their invasion plans in the first place. If they could recruit the basis of a fleet maintenance crew and enough techs to instigate the mind wipe system, then they were on a roll.

There were four types of vessel at the port - transports for the returning captive potential soldiers and girls. Next, and as large as the transports, there were military invasion ships, which had the smaller landing craft attached to the enormous hulls, into which the soldiers would stream ready to drop through the atmosphere and onto the target planetary surface. These were used to return the surviving soldiers, once the target planet had been stripped of all assets and a garrison established to start building domes.

There were also some freelancer spacers, which had nothing to do with the aliens or their military force. They belonged to what Seth called the scum. They were small vessels, scruffy and unkempt, reflecting their owners.

Lastly, two small, very odd-looking craft, kept in a highly guarded sector of the port, and near to which we never saw any humans approach at all.

“They must be private craft for the True-bloods,” Otto said, voicing our unanimous guesses. I remembered Seth explaining that some Marines had disabled a similar craft and killed the pure-breed inside.

There was a real community of humans at the port. We estimated that at least a couple of thousand men and women working in and around the port, of their own free will, and judging by their actions and interaction, Seth’s initial assessment was slightly kind to them. There were bars, hotels and apartments, in fact a whole community, policed by a combination of the red-armoured soldiers from a distance, and a local militia recruited from the scum themselves. Fights were commonplace, but the soldiers made no attempt to keep the peace, they waited for things to quieten down and then went in with some force and removed the bodies and any persons who appeared to offer them aggression if the locals didn’t sort it out before them.

The small militia, or private police force, comprising of what appeared to be a gang of ex-mercenaries, seemed competent at maintaining order for most of the time. They used extreme violence in keeping their own idea of the peace. There didn’t appear to be any communication or cooperation with their employers, but they seemed to be effective, so the red soldiers rarely needed to venture into the area.
 
 
On one occasion, while Otto and I were working out how to approach the ships unobserved, two men working on the landing gear of a freighter, called out to a passing woman. We hid amongst some parts’ canisters, only thirty feet away from them.

The woman was driving a sort of pallet truck laden with parts. Then and there, both men had sex with the woman on a small grubby mat on the floor, one after the other. They paid her and she left them. Hardly a word was spoken, and I was stunned into disbelief at what I’d just seen.

I also found it disturbingly arousing, lying in a confined space with Otto watching such an animalistic event. I’d never had sex, as a boy or in my current form. I’d often talked about it with my friends, and even tried kissing with a girl at my last year’s harvest festival on Devia. Recently, however, the thoughts of kissing a girl were abhorrent to me, as in my few moments of fantasy it was Otto whom I kissed.

As for the sexual act itself, my mind was still replaying the images my eyes had seen. The girl lay there with one man pounding away, as she pleasured the other with her mouth. My fantasies immediately replaced her with me and I had to immediately stop the thoughts before they overtook me.

I became acutely aware of Otto’s proximity and the heady scent of his warm body that was so close to me. I sensed he was looking at me, but was unwilling to look back at him, in case I gave the wrong signal.

The two men went back to work, laughing and joking with each other in Anglic. They were comparing their performances with the woman and they were graphic, if a little crude with their description of events. Blushing and still feeling slightly aroused, I turned to Otto to see if we were to move out.

His eyes met mine and he placed one finger to his lips. I nodded. I glanced back at the men, who showed no inclination to move away from this particular job. When I glanced back at Otto, I noticed he was still looking at me with a strange smile on his face.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he stopped me by shaking his head. Before I could react, he leaned across and kissed me.

Once again, I allowed him to pull me closer as the kiss went on longer. I’d never experienced anyone else’s tongue in my mouth, and so I wasn’t ready for his, gently stroking my tongue and the inside of my cheek.
 
 
All the feelings I’d repressed whilst watching the copulating group came back to me, and I found that I was enjoying everything he was doing to me. My body was responding, making me confused and wonderfully alive at the same time. My breasts were tingling and as for my vagina, I could feel myself swelling and becoming damp.

He was now on his back, with me lying on top of him, both fully clothed. My hand seemed to find its own way to his belt and was already undoing it before my mind caught up. Before I knew what was happening, I was holding his enormous manhood while he was undoing my top, exposing my breasts.

I broke away from the kiss, breathless and desperate to know more.

“We shouldn’t!” I whispered, but wanting to ask him to fuck me like those men had fucked that girl.

“I love you, Carla, I want you!”

I was still holding his cock, so I looked at it. It seemed huge, but all I knew was I wanted it inside me. The thought of his pushing that into me made me want it more.

I stroked it and smiled, as he seemed to shudder.

“You want me?” I whispered and I ran my tongue over the silken head.

“I want you, but not now!” he said, which confused me.

“You mustn’t get pregnant, Carla, it isn’t fair to you or the child.”

He made sense, but I so wanted him.

I remembered the woman on the mat. Smiling, I lowered my mouth down over his member and took as much of him in my mouth as I could, wrapping my fingers around the shaft as he started driving himself deeper than I wanted.

He wasn’t long. Not knowing anything other than what I had recently seen, I allowed him to ejaculate in my mouth, swallowing some of his seed. It tasted better than the slop we called food, but I decided that I didn’t feel I could exist on it for long.

He looked at me quite tenderly, before pushing me onto my back. He then rubbed me until I almost screamed. If I’d wanted him before, it was nothing compared to my feelings for him now. I was so wet; I couldn’t believe I had produced all that liquid. Breathless and somewhat frustrated, we dressed again, still watching the men working a matter of a few feet away.

Finally, the men left the area, ambling away without a care in the world. I looked at Otto.

“You bastard!” I said, to which he simply grinned. “You knew it affected me, and yet still you wouldn’t do it.”

“As I said, it wouldn’t be fair.”

“Stuff fair, I so want you!”

“I want you too, but not here, not like this.”

“I don’t care!”

“You say that, but if you get taken carrying our baby, then they’ll abort it and replace it with a monster. It wouldn’t be right.”

I nodded, still feeling let down, but understanding his reasoning and agreeing with it. I was actual a little afraid of my own feelings and how they took over from my sense of reality. No wonder girls got pregnant.

“You knew I couldn’t stop, didn’t you?”

He nodded and drew me close to him, kissing me tenderly.

“I wanted you so much!” I admitted.

“In the right place at the right time.”

“When will that be?”

“Not here, not now,” he told me, looking like the soldier again.

We also observed that most of the men and some of the women carried pistols in holsters on their belts. I wondered whether that was just the way they did things or whether they’d been warned that we might attempt to access the port.

Their freighters came and went in no set pattern, but clearly their presence was necessary for the aliens to maintain their fleet and keep things running. They had no way of getting out of their restricted area, such was the security that each craft was escorted in by an alien fighter, and no humans were permitted out of the confines of the port.
 
 
Regrouping back at our camp. We went over our options. Seth brought a sense of reality back.

“If we stole a freighter, we’d need to know how to fly it, and none of us are flight trained. Heck, I could probably repair a busted engine, but I can’t fly worth a damn. The military ships are full of soldiers and not the best place to be. It has to be one of the empty transports, as it goes off to collect the poor victims of their latest conquest,” Seth said, voicing all our conclusions.

“I agree, as we couldn’t trust the freelancers not to betray us for a few extra credits. We know the equipment in the transports is good for interstellar travel, as we all managed to survive the journey here in the first place,” added Gustav.

“How do we get in?”

“I think we move in, a few at a time. Take over a small part of the enclave and pretend to be freelancers. They seem to come and go frequently, so we shouldn’t come to notice,” offered one of the techs.

“We need trades or jobs that will allow us to blend in,” said Seth.

Each of them listed their experience and possible trades. I had none.

I got a naughty idea, so I looked at Otto and offered to become a whore.

“No absolutely not!”

I grinned at him, so he’d know I was teasing.

“Why not? I can’t do anything else.”

It was Seth who told me not to be foolish, making me feel like a little girl chastised by her parent.

“You know more about computers than any of us,” he reminded me.
 
 
We talked long into the night, discussing all the possible choices we had. I wasn’t convinced we could bring in forty people and just exist alongside the freelancers who, after all, were possible known to each other. A group of strangers with no ship was bound to draw attention. One or two might just manage it, but forty was too many. I shared my feelings and went to bed.

I was woken by someone shaking me. I drew my pistol and came awake at the same time. Otto pushed the pistol down and away from him.

“It’s only me,” he said, unnecessarily.

“What do you want?”

“Your watch in ten minutes.”

I glanced at my wristwatch. I’d slept for six hours straight without a nightmare. That was rare.

I pulled back my bedroll revealing my almost naked body. I slept in a pair of knickers and nothing else. I used to sleep in full kit, but got too hot. Strangely, I no longer felt self-conscious with him, not after yesterday.

“Why are you here? You’re not on watch tonight,” I asked, dressing quickly and efficiently.

“We need to talk, Carla.”

“What about?”

“Us.”

“What’s to say? You said it all yesterday.”

“No, I simply stopped before we made a mistake.”

“Mistake? What mistake was that?”

He stopped me as I was trying to pull on my pants.

“Carla, I want you for a wife, not some girl who gives me sex whenever I want it.”

“I case you hadn’t noticed, we haven’t had it and we’re not really in the ideal situation for holy matrimony.”

“I need to know how you feel.”

“Let me get dressed, and then maybe I’ll tell you.”

He let go of my hands and allowed me to finish dressing. After strapping on my belt and picking up my weapons, he followed as I made my way to the OP.
 
 
Sam was pleased I was on time, and scuttled away to grab a couple of hours sleep. The OP was some distance from the bunker, on a slight rise, in what had once been an enclosure for large predators. The concrete slabs that had formed a shelter, simulating a cave, were ideal for us. It gave us commanding views of the surrounding countryside and thereby gave us time to react should anyone try to surprise us. The slabs should prevent heat-seeking probes from picking up our body heat.

I settled down and scanned the horizon for any signs of movement.

“So what was decided?” I asked, without looking at him.

“Huh?”

“After I went to bed, what did you decide?”

“Oh, I think we’re going to try a small incursion by a team of six. Then, smuggle the rest in when we’ve found a secure base.”

“Why six?” I asked, looking at him and frowning. It seemed an arbitrary number.

“Small enough to go un-noticed and big enough to fight their way out if needs be.”

“Oh yeah, and who are the six?”

“Seth, because he’s the only flight engineer, Gustav and Roj, because of their experience in technical and medical areas, Shelley because she has experience in nursing, then you and me.”

“Me? Why me?”

“Because if I go, you go and vice versa.”

“Okay, why you?”

“I can help protect the team.”

“Why me?”

“I want you with me.”

“Otto, this is dumb, I’m not a specialist.”

“Seth says you know more about computers than anyone else. That’s a specialist.”
 
 
I was silent for a moment. I did know about computers, in my last life, the one I didn’t think about because it hurt too much. I’d been a real geek, building and upgrading computers all the time. I was into programming and developing better ways of doing things all the time.

“Carla?”

“What?”

“We need to talk.”

“So you keep saying, so talk.”

He smiled and shook his head.

“You know what I want to talk about.”

“So, humour me.”

“I want to marry you.”

I laughed, not unkindly, but with an ironic view of our situation.

“Look Otto, I’m damaged goods, you don’t even know me, for goodness sakes!”

“Over the last few months, I’ve got to know you and I like what I’ve seen. You’ve guts, determination and drive, more than any girl I’ve ever met. You’re beautiful, funny and fun, every day I just love you more and more!”

“You just want my body,” I teased.

He had the grace to blush slightly. “Ja, that’s true, but you feel the same way, don’t you?”

It was my turn to blush. I’d enjoyed the feelings he invoked in me, but was afraid of them at the same time. They were more powerful that I was.

“Why can’t things just go on as they are?”

“Because we need something to look forward to. We need to have a hope that we have a future. You are my hope, my future.”

I smiled, this time because he made me feel all mushy on the inside.

“I love you, Carla, and I want us to be together always.”

He reached out to me, wrapping one hand behind my head, drawing me towards him.

“I think I love you, but everything is so confused,” I managed to say before he silenced me with a kiss.

Familiar feelings coursed through my body, so I broke off from the kiss before they took control again.

“Not now, Otto, please. I have to keep watch.”

He gently stroked my cheek, and I felt my body respond to his touch. I snuggled in close to him, while casually looking out at the distant horizon. I summoned the courage to tell him the truth.

“I wasn’t always like this.”

“What?”

“I wasn’t like this when they came. They made me into what you now see.”

“I don’t understand.”

My courage failed me, so I shook my head.

“It doesn’t matter; just accept the fact that I’m damaged goods. You should find someone who is better than me.”

He enveloped me in his strong arms.

“I take what I see. I don’t care about before, it is not important.”

“If you knew!” I whispered, a tear dropping across my cheek.

“It was bad?”

I nodded.

“How old are you, Carla?”

“Old enough. I was sixteen when they came, so I must be eighteen now. I’ve sort of lost track of time.”

“I’m only six years older than you. I’ll make a deal with you. For us, life began when we first met, what happened before doesn’t matter, okay?”

“Oh, it does matter, for it’s why I’m the way I am.”

“Look, I love you for who you are now, not back then. I will never know that girl, the one you were, and you will never know the person I used to be. They are gone, forever!”
 
 
Our conversation was interrupted by three freighters swooping low from the hills behind us, heading for the spaceport. These were larger than most of the freelancers we’d so far seen, but no less unkempt. Three of the alien fighter craft escorted them, and I wondered who flew the fighters. Were they men, under some mind control, or were they Mix-breeds?

“New people, that’s a good sign,” observed Otto.

“So when do we go?”

He glanced at the sun, as it started to show a glow above the horizon. The planet’s two moons gave an eerie reflection to the landscape.

“Today. We go today.”
 
 

*          *          *

 
End of Part 4
 
 
To Be Continued...

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oooh, you minx!

Giving us just a single teaser and then not proceeding with it in the same chapter, and, if my suspicions prove correct, for at least a couple more chapters to come!

Also, I never did realise it the story was going on for so long, for more than a year or even two. It certainly was something I did not anticipate.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I've been following this and several others "in progress" ...

at Tanya's new site and they all are engaging.

This is the sci-fi/apocalyptic one and very well done.

Badger's Set and Its What I Want are of the misidentified at birth/intersexed vein, Second Chance is supernatural intervention and A Girl Can Dream is very real world/SRS.

All are well worth a read.

And you can add the second "Fortune" story to the list

I have a question, though. Are the postings here the same as at Tanya's site or are these revised editions?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

The same

Tanya Allan's picture

These are the same as on my site.
T
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

Well they should be the same

Because I edit them and when I do, I go back and update Tanya's Site. The formatting, I don't do it for, but for the errors, yes.

Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf
TGLibrary.com

Thanks Tanya, Sephrena for the info

Whether it is here at BC or at your own site it is a treat to have so many new stories out at the same time.

Your muse must be gulping coffee by the bucket.

A very happy John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Gulping something...

Tanya Allan's picture

..but not coffee. I'm allergic to caffeine.

Tanya

There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

The Rats of Hell: Part 4

Getting VERY interestiing! This is a very original story. Wondering how it will go from this point onward.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

From here?

Tanya Allan's picture

That makes two of us... LOL

Tanya
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!