The Girl in Me -23-Final Chapters Book 1

Printer-friendly version
teen-girl.jpg The Girl in Me
Final Chapters
 
by Erin Amelia Fletcher

 
Synopsis: Morwen a witty girl, who happens to have once been a boy lives day to day with a rather unique life. She is a Witch and a Gypsy. Life's never the easiest for Morwen, even with her powers that gives her simplicities in it.
Please keep in mind most names, and some specific details, have been altered, to limit the amount of Strife within those associated within whom may come in contact with this. Similarities of the story among any other stories movies etc are purely coincidental.

"Just because you act, talk, and so forth beyond your age. It doesn't make it so, you are only 15, youll be what 16 when this child is born. Do not make a foolish mistake, you don't have to grow up so damn fast!"

Chapter 59

You could here a pin drop, the only noises you could here for a long strenuously silent moment was the birds outside, and the barking dogs in the distance as well as the basic household sounds such as the mildly sounding fridge.

"Well, it is getting cold in here, Mark go outside please and cut some wood for the fireplace" said Grandma, trying to break the ice.

"But I...." said Mark before being cut off by the stare of mum and grandma.

Mark got off of his seat and left through the kitchen, mumbling under his breath 'I never get to hear the good parts!'

The screen door shut momentarily, with a meek slam. Everyone looked like they were hit with a sudden death, or sudden winning of the lottory; the look was so deathly quiet I couldn't take it anymore, though before I could say anything grandma pipped in.

"Well there's adoption or abortion, though at your age abortion would be the best option".

"I am not getting rid of my child in any way shape or form, how can you be so cold-hearted?!" I squeeked out a yell.

Mum looked deep in thought, like she was remembering something, with a mix of sadness and anger herself.

"I am not being cold-hearted, just realistic. You are too young to be having a child, you are a child yourself for crying out loud" replied grandma, frustrated trying to hold back tears of her own.

"In many eyes I may be to young, in the eyes of the heavens I am not. If I was not ment to be pregnant at this moment I wouldn't have been. The night Nathan and I combined our passionate flames in physical romance, the stars showed us it was our time. The night I had told him about my being a gypsy, a witch and even being born male. He told me how much he loved me, I told him how much I loved him. My own Nymph made our moment ready for us before I even came to my sanction" I stated, as I continued "If I really am as young as you say I am then one phrase you always told me is false. You always said and I quote 'you are only as old as you feel, and as wise as you show' well if that is the case then I am far beyond age to be to young to birth my child, yet alone do anything else I deem neccesary to do in my life. No one, and I mean no one less then a deity will be able to tell me differently without my abidence".

Grandma rolled her eyes, and began tapping her fingers on the table out of anxiety. Her clear polished semi long nails tapping on the table, was irritating all of us, before anyone could say anything she said. "No, it is not false, it is however different. Just because you act, talk, and so forth beyond your age. It doesn't make it so, you are only 15, youll be what 16 when this child is born. Do not make a foolish mistake, you don't have to grow up so damn fast!"

Nathan decided to speak up and said non-chalantly trying not to raise the temperature of hostility yet say his wishes stated "I will not allow my child to be dropped off to some strangers, nore will I ever allow an abortion. We made this child in love, and the child will be raised in the love we made for it. Sacrifices will be made in our lives, yet I would rather kill myself before I ever allow one of my own children to feel the grim's sickle!"

"One thing you will have to learn boy, is that it is the right of the mother to abort a child not the father. She could do it at any..." stated Aunt Cathy before being cut off by me "I said already I wasn't going to, are you's deaf or just dumb!"

"Morwen! That is not the way to speak to your elders, they may be in the wrong here, but that doesn't give you any right to incline them being 'dumb'!"

"Sorry! But this is my child, our child" I said huddling closer to Nathan.

"May be wrong?! I am not wrong Lilly, I am right afterall...." replied grandma, raising her voice before being cut off. (be aware in this family when an argument is going on it's completely normal to cut each other off, I know disfunctional, but thats just the way it is).

"Afterall, what mum?! When you forced me to give up my child, 'dont worry' you said 'when it is over you will forget all about it' ya right mum, I never forgot about it, the beautiful little girl. I was 16 fu**ing years old, and she was grabbed out of my arms and handed all so innocently to a nurse and then I never heard of her again!" said mum reflectingly angry.

What! mum had a child before me. This I so wasn't expecting, I wonder how she looks, where she lives, her name, etc. But how could mum have lied to me all this time, I thought I was the eldest and here it is, nope I just so happen to be second eldest, to my knowledge. I wonder if Mark had seen that in the past, during his recent visit. So many thoughts were running throught my mind, that I couldn't think straight.

"I think I should be going!" said Nathan and before I could stop him from leaving he was gone in a flash of electric sparks.

'Coward!' I thought under my breath, only because he didn;t stay behind, I suppose he wasn't used to the disfunction like I was.

"It was your own fault in the first place, I told you to use protection not to mention that you didn't know who the father was" stated grandma hollering, causing mum to roll her eyes.

"You told me, as of protection to 'do it in a tree, you cannot get pregnant if you do it in a tree' as of me not knowing who the father was, that wasn't my fault. I was jumped by 8 maybe 10 guys, while coming home from work!" stated mum.

"We can get to this later you two, were trying to discus Derek's...uh Morwen's pregnancy. Let's try not to get side tracked here ok" announed Aunt Cathy.

Grandma got up and left to the kitchen to poor herself another cup of coffee. Shortly later she came back into the semi silent room, with the sounds of heavy breathing and aggitation that hardly settled in the room.

The conversations went on for over an hour, Aunt Cathy decided to leave to the hotel. Mark remained outside chopping wood, and little to authorizatin making a bon fire outside practicing his powers to keep busy and to keep out of the way as he felt was intended for him to do.

The conversation shifted back and forth, from me to mum to grandma and to uncle paul.

"I still say, he..she shouled get an abortion, it's the right thing to do. If it is money thats the issue, I will get the money or even just take her to mexico" said grandma "You made me a grandmother at an early age Lilly, but she is not going to make me a great grandmother while I am in my 50's no way in hell!"

I caught that I didn't care, I want my child and would do what I had to have her or him. I blurted out "Well thats really selfishly egotistical grandma, its your age then your worried about...just grow up!"

"Morwen, apologize to your grandmother!" ordered mum "I told you last time not to speak to your elders like that, now apologize!"

I starred at mum and said "I will not, I have every right to say it. 'I call it as I see it'..."

"Don't give me that look young lady, if you are not going to apologize than go to your room!"

"Fine!" I said and rubbed my belly before being interjected by mum.

"Walk to your room, it will give you some time to think!"

I walked to my room, up the stairs down the hall, opening my door walking in and slamming it shut. To top it off, I just said the first thing to come to mind 'damn bitch!'

I plopped myself on my bed sobbing into my pillow, lieing on my stomach. I fell asleep in a short while, listening to the yelling and screaming. I just knew no matter what I had to do I would give birth to this, any and every child I had and have. Even if I had to leave, I would.

Mum came up later that night and awoke me, we had a small talk and she said I could keep the baby, as it was my decision. Though she said, because of my disrespectable behaviour to grandma, that I would be grounded for the next week. That ment that no going out and to come home straight after school. However, I would be allowed to go out, to the trial and only along with mum, but other than that no free rein for a week.

Chapter 60

I felt very strange, I had never been grounded, at least not that I could remember. I felt a little angry, and upset but after awhile I was beginning to relise that mum had begun to take her maternal/parental responsibilities seriously. Above all else, I was her child well tennager child, but her kid; that I also wasn't her parent, I liked it some but somehow I found some bit of control of responibilty escape that left me with many conflicitng feelings and emotions.

The following day I dressed in my white lacy bra and camisole, with matching lacy panty. Then I put on my white embroidered blouse, and black vest with matching pants. Then my 3 1/2 inch black and white pair of heels. I then accessorized, with a pair of my silver hoop earrings, and my silver heart pendant and charm bracelet that had several hearts extending from the wrist band. I left my nails the way they were, I loved that salon visit my nails all pretty like. I then brushed and straightened my hair, after I put on my makeup.

The drive to the court house was uneventful, grandma and I didn't talk at all, grandpa remained silent as he drove us. Mum kept primping my hair, still enviouse that mine was all the better straighter than hers and Mark was fiddling with his tie.

The court house was red brick, old and tattered walls. The windows were replaced maybe 10 years ago so they looked relatively modern. A black metal fence, like that you would expect at an old yet painted cemetary fencing with mild rust would have strung around the front of the building's property.

Richard awaited at the facing the front in the front row. Wearing and orange jump suit, his hair dark and somewhat asque and curly made it seem he just got out of bed. There was still some bruising on his face, and his left arm was slung in a stained sling.

He sat right to his county authorized lawyer, who to my own standards looked younger than Richard by a couple of years. He was very disorganized and really needed to learn how to dress properly for a court hearing. Only one thought went through my head looking at the pair 'He is totally screwed" causing me to cover my mouth worrying I had set it outloud or not.

The Judge in question that ran the proceedings was Judge Renkin. He was a rather old man, with a bald spot, dark grey hair short looked alot like dr.phil with square skinny spectacles.

The proceeding went on for nearly 4 hours, in the end Richard was found guilty of child abuse, though his claim of my being male, was rejected as insanity on his part (due unknown to them from my tansformation). He was ordered to spend 2 years in a mental health facility, and after that time he would have a restraining order, that would keep him away by no less than 5 miles.

The days and weeks passed by, Felicity was took away by social services which I found out that she was placed in foster care. With my help, I persuaded some leprichauns, to give her a little luck; so she was fostered by a very kind open minded liberal family. She then was allowed to live full time, which I promised her that she can give me the word and I would see to her transformation.

Mum decided around January to have an ultra sound, it indicated she was caring twins. Around the same time, Nathan let me know that he was leaving for a little while to hunt down the Warloc that was after him, and vanquish him. We compromised, and he agreed that no matter what he would be back by june, and we would then get married no matter what on the 16th.

Mum and dad's divorce was drawn up, by the end of January and was fully noterized, mum then retook her maiden name of Kilbride. She and Mr. Barton started going out, but promised each other that no marriage decisions for 5 years.

Mark remained his bachelour self. He was having a great deal of difficulty at home as of late with the pregnant highly hormonal ladies of the house hold, and agreed to help Mr. Barton at the general store while Nathan was away.

I was allowed to stay home from school and begun homeschooling so as 'not to tarnish the respectful school' with my pregnancy when they found out. So I began being tutoured by 'Ms. Franklin' she was ok, perhaps mid 40's. We got along well, though she had a thing about touching my belly rubbing it every time she came over.

I really began disliking the fact that I was housebound most of the time. It mus be my crossed genetics, being a witch and a gypsy playing different sides, and my lack of present adventure had begun to seap into me. I decided to apply for Lillian's Academy for Witches, and would await response for several monthes, by the time I would here from them would be maybe late into the summer, but I would await patiently (as best as I could).

Dad and Aleeda, agreed to get married come September. Dad also decided that he wanted to be near his kids, and Aleeda agreed so they said that after their honey moon they would see about moving to Ottawa.

Grandpa passed away from a severe heart attack, and liver damage 3 days before they were to leave back to Manheim. Uncle Paul moved to Toronto, for a new business proposition and was now making half a million a year salary with full benefits. Grandma didn't like the city, and couldn't stand living alone on the farm; so mum reluctantly agreed to let her come and move in with us. Little did we know that her dream was to live in a small town like when she was a younger, and to live with us. Well she got it though she wouldn't come until mid April so she could get her things together and what not.

I have realised as of late that there isn't anyomore just a girl in me, I am the girl in me. Now, I await, to be the mother to be....that has me more excited than I have ever been in my life. My story does not end here, though this book does.

To be continued...In the sequal to the "Chronicles of Morwen's Legacy-The Mother in Me"

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Girl in Me -23-Final Chapters Book 1

Morwen did what she had to do.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Girl in me 23

Nice to see this wrap up with Mum starting to become that, a mum. I hope that doesn't weaken as she becomes a grandmother.

I look forward to "The Mother in Me"

Karen

More plus than minus

This was hard work given the spelling and grammatical errors, and the lack of editing.

It was, however, a good read; I don't usually go for magic stories but this one attracted me for some reason.

I'm glad I read it.

Susie

I

would love to see the chronical to this story