The Girl in Me -21-Chapter 56 and 57

Printer-friendly version
teen-girl.jpg The Girl in Me
Chapter 56-57
 
by Erin Amelia Fletcher

 
Synopsis: Morwen a witty girl, who happens to have once been a boy lives day to day with a rather unique life. She is a Witch and a Gypsy. Life's never the easiest for Morwen, even with her powers that gives her simplicities in it.

Please keep in mind most names, and some specific details, have been altered, to limit the amount of Strife within those associated within whom may come in contact with this. Similarities of the story among any other stories movies etc are purely coincidental.

Mark time-travels and sees the events of his parents 'romance, and marriage', Morwen visits Felicity in the hospital, and gets ready for her family's visit.


 
Chapter 56
 
 
This chapter is narrated...

Like a flash of a bright white light, Mark stood standing in a storage closet with one foot stuck in a soapy water bucket. The door was slightly ajar, and he peaked out and saw a much younger Lillian Kilbride, and Danial Fletcher (mum and dad).

Lillian must have been 17 maybe 18, Danial was early 30's. Danial was working as a janitor in the butchery section, at 'Simpson's Meats', Lillian was on her Co-operative education working in the office, she had come down to hand files to the butchery manager. Danial looked hooked on the beauty walking past him, checking out every inch of the young teenage girl.

"Hi, I am looking for the manager, have you seen him?" asked Lillian after Danial turned around from her tapping him on the back.

Tongue tied, Danial pointed to the door marked 'Personnel Management'.

"Thank you" replied Lillian and she walked away to the office.

Still not realizing Mark is invisible, he was transported again, this time several weeks later.

"Ah come on sweet cheeks, just one date and I will never ask you again" pleaded Danial.

She rolled her eyes knowing it wouldn't be a very bright idea, she was still getting over a ery seriousevent in her life from hardly over a year ago. Unknown to her parents, to get over the grief over the last year she had been experimenting with many drugs, such as marijuana and ecstasy and the occasional swiped alcohol. Not only that but she came from a very hazardous household, her father was very abusive to both her mother and her brother Paul. He had a very rare condition that caused his emotions to swing out of rack and cause his brain to inflict pain on others. Lillian herself was abused as well, she was pulled and pushed down stairs, and once because she didn't have the grass cut her father flung an axe at her missing her by several inches. She didn't trust men, not even in the slightest, especially what happened over a year ago.

Fed up, Lillian replied "Fine, after work" then she walked away.

Being transported several hours later, Mark found himself in a 80's dive, playing hard rock in the background, smoke full and strong in the air. A drunken Lillian, getting giggly and grabby and running at the mouth, looking dazed and confused, her eyes seeming parted from her mind.

"I think you have had enough" said Danial as Lillian began grabbing him to dance on the dance floor.

"I will tell you when I have had enough, now get off my ass and dance, you wanted to go out with me, well this is me, now show me a good time will you!" replied Lillian in a forceful giddy mood.

She hunched over him and belched, spewing regurgitated beer all over his cowboy boots.

Lillian's feathered, frizzy curly hair covering her sweaty face, and dripping wet lips. Danial although disgusted, but in love said "Marry me?!"

Lillian barely thought a second and answered "Why the hell not, stick it to my parents, that'll show them!"...hick.

Transported 5 weeks later, in a Anglican Church. Mark witnessed his parents wedding. Lillian had a dark red bruise around her left wrist, Danial looked worried but slightly happy. Lillian's mother and father had handcuffed her that morning to the kitchen table, to prevent her from making a terrible mistake. Having found the trigger switch, she unhooked herself after several pulls bruising her wrist.

After there vows, they kissed and signed there license, and left in a rented car to a local hotel. Mark had seen only a moment of the dirty, before being transported again this time several years.

"Will you ever spend time with your children, for crying out loud your always sleeping on that damn couch" stated Lillian Carrying baby Mary in her arms and Derek on the floor playing with building blocks.

"I am 36 fuc**** years old, I work nights. The deal was I would go out and work and you would stay home with the kids. So I sleep during the goddamn day, so leave me be" replied Danial in anger.

"I can't believe I married a pathetic excuse of a man like you, whatever made me even consider it I will never know" said Lillian in the heat of the moment.

Danial got up off the couch, and stood in front of her, though he was shorter than her he was much more built and stronger than her.

"I don't know why I even stick with a woman like you, hell I should have kicked your ass to the curb last year after your affair, but I didn't, did I?!" demanded Danial hastily.

Lillian began to stutter at her tongue-tied words and finally said "Nnnn...No!"

Lillian put Mary, in the play pen next to the stairs of the condo living room they were in.

"Don't turn your back to me when I am talking to you!" demanded Danial screaming.

Lillian turned to face him and said "pipe down your making an ass of yourself!"

The next thing was shocking, it was the proof of what Morwen and much others in the family have told him, Danial punched Lillian in the right side of her face just below her eye. He could no longer deny the truth.

Danial began walking over to the fallen Lillian and picked her up by the scruff of her V neck shirt, with his fist in the air. Derek got up in worry, and jumped on Danial screaming "get off my mommy!" over and over again.

Before Mark could finish seeing what else happened, not that he wanted to it was horrific, and angered him deeply. He was transported back to the present time, tears strolling down his face, as it was more than a unbearable event to witness.

"Mark it will be OK" I said as I was consoling and hugging and rubbing Mark's back.

Mark remained silent and sobbing, his breath beginning to hyperventilate, and his voice getting rougher in the sorrow.

"I never wanted you to see the things that happened between them, they were my burden's memories, mum's and dad's. You were too young, it is something you never truly forget, but I must stress that now you will have to work with too. You must try to not let it take control of you, trust me, OK" I said rubbing his back.

Mark shook his head, this was something I never wanted him to see but he did.

 
Chapter 57
 
 

I was dropped off at the hospital to visit Felicity around 7 pm, it was already dark outside. The check in was completely packed. So I just went to the elevators, and to Felicity's room. She was watching the television overhead, cattle auctions.

"Hey Felicity, how are you?" I said walking into her room.

"UH, oh hi Morwen. I am feeling a little better, I have been told I will be able to leave in a couple of weeks" replied Felicity in her head. Her throat still making it painful to verbally speak.

"Great, that's good news" I replied and hugged her and asked "So what have you been up to today, had any visitors?"

Felicity answered "slept and watched TV, and some lady came to see me from social services".

"What did she want?" I asked worried.

"She said that the county was taking custody of me" answered Felicity.

"Oh, what does that mean?" I replied, confused.

Felicity looked a little confused herself, and then said with shrugged shoulders "I don't know, she said she would explain more tomorrow, when she comes".

"Oh OK, well I hope you let me know. Anyways hun, have you thought any about calling on your mother?" I asked.

"Yes, I have thought about it, but I haven't made a decision yet. I still appreciate the offer, though its too big a decision right now and to many things running through my head" replied Felicity.

"Oh OK, I understand. Would you like to do anything?" I asked.

Felicity thought for a second and said "Well it was nice having you here to see me but I am feeling a little tired."

"Oh, if your sure that's what you want to do, I guess I will see you Tuesday OK" I replied.

"OK, bye" replied Felicity.

I left, the little one taking me back home with that electric travel again. This baby, is already making mommy proud, takes after her/his daddy.

The following day, mum couldn't sleep in so she spent her time waking us up and having us help her clean the house. I didn't mind I was able to just levitate everything in sight to help me clean, including dishes, vacuum, dusters etc. Mark cleaned his room, mum got the laundry cleaned, I cleaned my room as well. Then we got the guest room ready, for our grandparents, Uncle Paul would sleep in Mark's room, and Aunt Cathy would stay at the rooming house while Mark would sleep on the couch he could make up later when he wanted to turn in.

If anyone knows the typical come callings of family that visit, there either early or late. Luckily this time they were late by about 3 hours, as the roads were horrible, with the blizzard coming in.

I was dressed in a silky pink blouse with long lace wrist openings and collar, and a black knee long skirt and 3 inch black heals. Mum said wearing 4 inch heals would give my grandparents and aunt a heart attack. I brushed my hair, leaving it styled, the way it was without putting it up. I also wore my pearl dangle earrings, and a pretty amethyst sting necklace with matching bracelet.
Mum also advised me to take off the red fingernail polish, because in grandpa's opinion when she was a girl was 'hooker polish', I giggled at that and did what she said, and painted my nails pink, I think I'm gonna need to get some more, I am almost out.I touched up my eyes, with a light pink and some mascara. Then some blush, and light pink lipstick, touched with some shinny pink gloss.

My Aunt Cathy is one of my grandmother's sisters, my Uncle Paul is my mother's younger brother.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, while mum let them in a sprayed myself with some rose scented perfume, and made my way downstairs.

I was greeted with the gaps of my visiting family's mouths, and what I could fairly hear was "Holy shit!"

To be continued...

up
41 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Error

I believe this should be Part 20 not nineteen. Love the story though.

Zip

The Girl in Me -21-

Very sad journey that Mark is going through. But shows why things are the way that they are.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine