The Girl in Me -18-Chapter 52-

Printer-friendly version

2dadd.jpg

The Girl in Me
Chapter 52
 
by Erin Amelia Fletcher

 
Synopsis: Morwen a witty girl, who happens to have once been a boy lives day to day with a rather unique life. She is a Witch and a Gypsy. Life's never the easiest for Morwen, even with her powers that gives her simplicities in it.

Please keep in mind most names, and some specific details, have been altered, to limit the amount of Strife within those associated within whom may come in contact with this. Similarities of the story among any other stories movies etc are purely coincidental.


 
Chapter 52
 
 
This chapter is narrated...

The night was dark and cold, snow already falling upon the ground from the sky, on the slow night. This night was quiet, and full of sorrow as Nathan stirred in his bed, reminiscing in his nightmares. He was very sad, angry and felt ashamed.

The night was dark and cold, snow already falling upon the ground from the sky, on the slow night. This night was quiet, and full of sorrow as Nathan stirred in his bed, reminiscing in his nightmares. He was very sad, angry and felt ashamed.

He was remembering different memories, this night would beckon what was to come. His Vengeance and shame, grew deeper and deeper as he got into his sleep...

A Woman with waist long straight blond hair, wearing a long black dress and an white onyx pendant around her neck, was sitting in the backyard with her friend Alice during the summer. Alice was beautiful with her dirty blond hair that only came to mid back, wearing a floral yellow sundress and an amethyst pendant. The ladies were watching the young mousy-blond boy, practicing his potions.

"That boy is going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up" said Alice, breaking the silence.

Camilla looked up from her son to Alice and replied "Yes, I suppose he will, and with good luck he will meet a fine girl and give me plenty of granchildren, though hopefully not for many more years I am only 23."

"True enough" replied Alice with with a slight cackled giggle adding "Have you given any thought on whom he will be promised to?"

Camilla looked at Alice, with darts in her eyes and replied "No! My parents allowed me to follow my heart and not an ancient tradition like that, and so will be the same for him. Too many of us are stuck with someone we don't love, only makes for heart-break and even death."

"Well I was promised to Andrew, and I learned to love him, Cammy. It does work for some of us, and I would like to know if i have a daughter she will be set, you have to admit Cammy it's not easy finding many single Wizards" Stated Alice stubbornly.

"He will marry when he is ready, I have high hopes for him. I don't want to see him having to go through a hand-parting (Magical divorce), witches can live through them easily, but many wizards tend to loose their powers and sometimes there lives from that. My boy, is going to follow his heart..." said Camilla matter of factly, proudly continuing with "He may be the seed of a Smite, but his blood is of Kavanagh"

"Mama, do we have anymore henbane?" asked the 6 year old Nathan whom by that time was still going by the name Damian.

Camilla got up an walked into the house, and came back with another bottle of dried henbane, and handed it to her son "There you go sweety, don't use to much, and no tasting, it is poisonous" patting him on the head.

"I know mama, I'll be careful" replied Nathan with a twinkle in his bright blue eyes.

Nathan was overhearing every word, and always liked his mother sticking up for him. He never understood what it meant by promising, but something inside told him that it was something that would save him from pain. Even at 6 he was bright, advanced for his age. He was home schooled, by his mother when she could, and a tutor while his mother was at work.

At this time Nathan did not know his father; never know who, where or what he was. He would ask his mother, and all she would say was "I will tell you when you are older, Damian".

Camilla was a bright witch herself having became a Professional Alchemist, making potions during the day. Though she was never a tester, she always knew they worked as the way they were supposed to. She also devoted herself to being a devote activist towards Witches-Rights, to such a point that sometimes she would act as a councilor for witches that went up in front and against the Council. She wanted the demeaning and cruel laws of old to be no longer welcomed under stature. She was a very busy woman, as both a mother and as a working woman.

Camilla, however had only one regret that she stooped as low as have her son by magical sperm donation. She always told herself that she would have a child by love, but it never worked out for her. She loved Nathan with her whole heart, but she wished she had a husband whom was the father of her child. Of course, she was grateful that she knew who he was, and what he did for a living as well as the heritage he came from. The legendary Shaman and Witch-Doctor, Sir. Gordon Smite.

Gordon Smite was famous and the one of the most eldest Wizards of the present day. He also acted on behalf of helping Witches by being able to have children without risking there powers on mortals. He did this by allowing his own blood line to grow, his only conditions; the children would be made with him per individual only until a male was born, have his family name, and the mother was to take full custody without financial support from him. Gordon, had many children ranging in the hundreds maybe even thousands.

The years passed on and Damian/Nathan was now 8. At dinner, he asked his mother again who his father was.

Damian/Nathan was bright and smart long haired boy. His eyes, bluer by his age that even his mother couldn't resist, more than half the time. This was the night, and she told him everything about his father.

"Can I meet him, mom?" asked Damian.

"When you are older" replied Camilla.

Damian looked hurt, it wasn't because he hated his mother. It was because he wanted to know his father. He felt like his half self, and wished his mother would understand.

The following week, while he had the house to himself for an hour until his mother got home from work, he decided to find out a little more on why he can't see his father until he was older. Searching in the trunk in the front of his mother's bed, he found a large beige envelope. It was labeled, 'Consumption Agreement'. Damian opened the envelope and took out the papers beginning to read. He read for several minutes, and on the fourth page, paragraph 2 was the reason why.

'I
Camilla Marian Kavanagh
hereby agree that until the age of 16, the offspring
Damian Alexander Smite
of the father
Gordon Michael Smite
shall have no contact, with anything less than a life saving reason'

It was signed and notarized by his mother, father, Alice, and a Judge. Damian's heart fell, so this is why he wasn't allowed to see his father, because his father didn't want to see him, know him more have any contact with him. Sure in a few years yes, but 16 years. This was the true moment that he learned to hate his father, truly hate him.

With dried tears, he wiped his eyes with his sleeve. His mother wasn't fully honest with him, and he didn't want to become like his father no matter what. He walked out of the bedroom with the envelope and sat it on the table.

Camilla arrived shortly after work and and said "hi", placing her purse on the kitchen counter "How was your day Damian?"

Damian looked up from the table and replied "It started out ok, got an A- in numerology test" and then he grabbed the envelope off the table holding it up towards his face and said "Then I found out some interesting things about why i can't see my father!" raising his voice.

Camilla looked at him with tears in her eyes, and was about to say something before biting back her words, she was tongue tied.

"Would you like to explain to me, why you agreed to me being fatherless?!" stated Damian raising his voice, as his voice mother turned her back to him trying to compose herself.

"It wasn't your burden, honey it was mine, I didn't want you to know that, I knew it would hurt you if you did" replied his mother.

Camilla wasn't upset with him about him going through her things, she figured it would happen sooner or later. Though, she wished it would have been much later.

"I want to be promised" stated Damian breaking the silence.

"What?!" replied Camilla disbelieving what she heard.

"I want to be promised, I don't want to be like my dad and sleep around and never near his children, and I don't want to have failure at love" restated Damian matter of factly.

Camilla looked stunned and hurt and said "No! You will not be promised off, and you most definitely will not have failure at love. As it comes to you becoming like your father, only you can help that, but I will not allow you to have love picked for you."

"Why not, what is so horrible at being promised off?" grilled Damian.

"Because its not the way it is supposed to be, love is about risk and sacrifice, not about being thrust in, when you are older perhaps you will understand" replied Camilla hastily.

Camilla took the envelope from Damian and walked to her room. putting it back in the trunk, closing and locking it. Damian stood in the doorway, while Camilla tried to get past, but the discussion wasn't done yet.

"I think I should have the right to choose whether or not to be promised off" Said Damian.

Camilla glared at him with anger in her eyes, Damian knew he may have said the wrong thing by the stare she gave him.

"You Wizards think you have all the rights in the whole world don't you? Well I got news for you, you's don't, never ever bring rights up to me again young man, I will not have my own son act like a pompous stuck up brat like that. While you live under my roof, and are my child I will never promise you off, do you understand me?!" screamed Camilla.

"Yes mother" replied Damian looking at the floor.

"Yes mother, what?!" drilled Camilla.

"Yes mother, I understand and will not bring up rights like that again" replied Damian.

Camilla looked at her son, and began to cry. "I am sorry honey, I didn't mean to get upset with you" she pulled Damian to her and hugged him.

The year passed and the brutal memory of a horrible night came. His Aunt Alice (Though not by blood-relation) was watching tutoring him in his Divination, when a colors stemmed the walls from the windows, and in a minutes time knocks fell on the door.

Alice walked to the door and answered it, welcoming the gentlemen in. They were dressed in officers uniforms, and drew there hates from there head.

"How may I help you officers?" asked Alice.

Damian got a worried look and feeling, he had seen officers before but never in his own home. Something really didn't feel right.

"Mame, do you know a Miss. Kavanagh, a Camilla Kavanagh" asked the elderly officer, of the two.

Alice then got the same feeling and look as Damian had, and replied with hesitation after a silence "Yes, is there a problem with her?"

"Well mame, there was an attack earlier this evening, and she is in the hospital" replied the officer.

The officer's and Alice spoke in private, near whispered voices for several minutes. Alice cried the entire time. The officer's left, and Alice went to the phone and dialed her husband and called him up.

A short while later Uncle Andrew (Mr. Barton, not uncle by blood-relation) came in and took over watching Damian. Alice left to the hospital, and didn't arrive for several hours.

Damian was put to bed, Uncle Andrew told one of his best stories and left Damian to his slumber.

The next morning, Damian was eating his breakfast while his Aunt Alice pushed Camilla in the wheel chair into the house. Damian seeing such was confused, why is his mother in a wheelchair. Why is she bruised and has her arm wrapped up and hung in a sling.

His mother didn't even ask about him, or even say hi, and looked stunned like a zombie and wouldn't speak. She was just laid onto the couch by Aunt Alice and Uncle Andrew.

Alice and Andrew, argued about what to tell Damian and who should tell him. They decided that both of them would share the responsibility, luckily Damian already knew about 'the birds and the bees' analogy.

His Aunt and Uncle explained what had happened. His mother was brutally assaulted and raped, worse yet it was by a mortal. His mother had lost her powers.

Damian was silent, and enraged and although he wasn't female had the Kavanagh blood. There powers although of magick, also had banshee gifts and blood. His rage filled him, and he screeched a scream that shattered everything of glass within the house and a few windows of the neighbors. 8 year old Damian erupted his powers and broke every electronic device with his smiting powers in the house and ended up shuddering a thunder strike so bad, it tore out a wide section of the wall of his bedroom.

Worse yet, was found a couple weeks later, when it was found that Camilla was pregnant.

Within the pregnancy, and since the rape and losing of her powers. She became resentful of Damian, because he still had his. She hated herself for it, and even more because her strong will wouldn't even allow her to end the pregnancy of the child growing within her. She would even grill Damian day and night, about witches rights and how he should never cross the line and turn out like his father, and the rest of men and Wizards that deemed themselves superior.

Camilla also sold her business, and put the money away in a trust fund for Damian. She knew there was a much higher possibility she wouldn't make it during delivery, and had a 'last will and testament' drawn up.

Camilla was took to the delivery room on November 10th, 1998. The delivery was for several hours. Damian, and much of the family was there in the waiting room. Including his Aunt Gwen, whom was his mother's twin sister. His grandmother was there, but his grandfather was not, as he was appalled. His Uncle Keven, and Aunt Alissa paced back and forth.

A sudden feeling came over Damian that yet again he couldn't describe. Moments later the doctor came out, with a very upsetting facial expression.

Aunt Gwen was petting his head, before she looked up at the doctor. The family looked at the doctor.

"I am sorry" said the doctor "She lost so much blood, and the cord strangled the child."

The room was at a total lose for words, and began the tears, and wheeping, screaming yelling.

"What did she have?" asked grandmother.

"A girl" answered the doctor.

"Did she name her?" asked Aunt Alissa.

Aunt Gwen got up and asked the doctor to see the fill out the paper work for her and the child. He agreed and they left, to do there business.

Damian made a promise to himself and his mother that he wouldn't get married until he avenged her death, on the Warlock.

The week progressed, with preparance, and funerals. Aunt Gwen named the child, Hecate Maria Kavanagh-McMarris (Donald McMarris being the man that fathered the child) so the child to could have a proper burial.

3 weeks later after the burial's of Camilla and Hecate, the meeting to announce the 'last will and testament' was given. Aunt Gwen was given the house, so she could venture out of their parents accommodations, Aunt Alissa was given the furniture of the house, Uncle Keven was given the car. Aunt Alice and Uncle Andrew was given full custody of Damian, which caused everyone to stir of the family to stir in why weren't they picked. Camilla figured this would happen and wrote a note explaining why.

'I chose the custody over Damian, because Andrew and Alice Barton have been more parent-like to my Damian since his birth, which is also why they were named his godparents.
If any of my siblings were to be chosen it Gwen would have been it, however as she is my twin I feel that it would make it difficult for Damian to move on, as her appearance and nature is much as my own. I have also contacted Gordon Smite, the father of Damian. He has agreed on my choice, as he also cannot take care of Damian while he runs his many jobs and duties. I wish this choice was all the more simple to have made but it wasn't. As a final statement, I detest any choice on Damian being promised off, as it is hereby forbidden as my final act as his mother.

I will see you all again, in love to you all;

Camilla Marian Kavanagh'

The months passed, and he was still living in the same city. The Mr. McMarris, the man that brutally savaged Camilla was yet to be caught. Magical news announced him in the papers, as the newest Warlock at the time, one whom which deemed to get stronger and more powerful. Everyone new what that meant; to sacrifice the life of her descendants. As there was only Damian, the Barton's new they had to protect him. They sold there house in Stratford, Ontario and moved to Algonquin County. They dyed his hair red, and changed his name to 'Nathan'ial Barton. They opened up a General Store, Alice quit her job as a divination teacher, and helped run the store with her husband and tutoring Nathan.

Within a year, the house Aunt Gwen inherited by Camilla was burnt to the ground, cause was found to be unknown by authorities, thankfully Gwen lived . Shortly after, the house the Barton's sold was also burnt down. Unfortunitely, the new inhabitants died in that fire.

The Grave of Hecate, Nathan's sister was robbed in February 2000. It was and still is believed that the body may have been taken to a Necromancer (Someone with the ability to resurrect & control the dead, though sometimes may even be able to rejuvenate time and age within a past to present ratio). Nathan was kept out of that loop, but Alica and Andrew knew.

Andrew and Alice talked over how best to keep the Warlock at bay, and Alice was more than restless. She deemed not only to protect Nathan, but to avenge her best friends death. Andrew, after many arguments finally said she could go but had no more than 2 months and had to be back. In mid August, she left.

Within a month in a half's time, magical authorities contacted Mr. Barton by letter.

'Mr. Andrew Barton, we are sorry to inform you that your wife
Mrs. Alice Annette Laverea-Barton, was found Incinerated
in the back alley of Main St. in Toronto, Ontario behind Angeleo's Pizzeria.
We strongly believe the Murder that had killed her to have been the same
we believe she was after a Mr. Donald McMarris, Warlock.
Again we apologize for this startling news.
However, as you are the guardian of Damian Smite,
now Nathan Barton we should inform you of the recent knowledge.
The body of Hecate Kavanagh-McMarris, is still not found, however it was last seen by many Necromancers whom all declined on her resurrection and rejuvenation.

Best regards,

Agent of Magical Autority

Victor Ganevere'

Many years passed, and the Warlock seemed rather dormant. Nathan seemed rather recluse, and disorganized in his thoughts. He had many offers on girls, but always turned them down. He didn't manage to make many friends, but everyone seemed fully interested in him and was considered popular.

Andrew made Nathan try out for sports and soon enough, Nathan became a fair hockey player and made many friends. His popularity grew. But still his depression got the better of him.

He had no more mother. He had no father that cared for him, although with all the love Uncle andrew had given him, he seemed necessary to consider him as his father. Uncle Andrew even allowed him to consider him as dad, and declared Nathan as his son.

Nathan still was depressed, he had lost so many, and so many had made sacrifices and had sacrifices made against them, on both his and his mothers rights. Though one moment, he looked at the young girl that took him out of his daze at the counter working. He saw her blueish green eyes, she was stunning the girl with her reddish brown hair the same length as his mothers. There was something about her, something mysterious something that swept him off his feet.

He chased her down after she left the store, and asked for her number. His guides and cupids arrow giving him the every control and push that his heart and soul kept beating steadily fast for.

"Call anytime miss, I'll jump to you anytime" said Nathan as he handed her his number.

The 15 year old boy, Nathan/Damian had fallen in love. Lust itself from the love and her beauty grew in his pants.

"Well thank you; Em may get your name hun?" asked the girl as her amethyst pendant sparkled in the sunlight.

"It's Nathan Barton, and yours miss?" replied Nathan.

"Nice to meet you Nathan, my name is Morwen Angora" answered Morwen.

Nathan smiled in his dreams as he remembered his moments with Morwen. When it came to her announcing her pregnancy to him, and promising to marry her after he fulfills his promise to his mother. He woke up, as if it was a nightmare.

The memory wasn't what it was though, it was the thought, he had promised himself off to her. He so felt like he betrayed his mother not only by promising himself but in a sense by falling in love, he never deemed those words by his promise, but he did in his heart. Not to mention he felt Morwen to be all woman, now even knowing her secret. Though in a sense she wasn't born that way, his thoughts were jumbled. He remembered when his mother talked with his Aunt Alice that summers day "Yes, I suppose he will, and with good luck he will meet a fine girl and give me plenty of granchildren". So he now kept thinking am I doing right by her, or am I making her turn in her grave.

Now 16, and from the recent night he got a call from his father's secretary. He would finally meet his father, he wasn't sure he wanted to he was hurt and angry. He wanted to talk to Morwen about it but couldn't reach her, he hoped to see her tomorrow. He hoped the right decisions would come to him. As the long night quickly fell back to sleep, it was a long day.

To be continued...

up
32 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Girl in Me -18-Chapter 52-

Very interestig! just what does this dark wizard want?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine