A Splintered Life - Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version
Megan is just happy about life. She is surprised about what she feels for Deirdre and instead of confusing her it makes her feel good. It's new and different and different is good.

A Splintered Life

Chapter 13
Angelic Embrace

by poetheather

Copyright © 2010 by poetheather

 
Angelic Embrace
 
 

Megan wanted to come by and surprise Deirdre. Lately, Deirdre had been busy with an English project and was busy trying to get that paper done so she could turn it in on time. True, it was only five pages but she was stressing over it. A surprise visit from the girlfriend would definitely help relieve the stress. That and the thought of kissing her made Megan’s nipples crinkle with excitement. There was just something about Deirdre that made Megan happier than she had ever been with any other girl she had dated. Perhaps Deirdre was the one.

The fact that the thought came up really rocked Megan back on her heals. Deirdre... the transsexual... the ex-male... she was her special girl? She stopped and let that thought roll over her for a minute, seeing how it felt. She was serious. Deirdre felt like the one, despite all of that other stuff. Despite having been a man. Despite still having a penis. Despite everything. Deirdre was the girl she loved and wanted to be with forever. She shook her head in amazement. Megan could hardly wait to see her.

She bounded up the stairs to the apartment and dug for her keys in her purse. Of all the times to shove them in to her purse automatically. She sighed in acceptance of her foibles. The key slid into the lock and she heard the lock slide back. She walked into the living room smiling and stopped, frozen by the scene before her.

David was standing there with his dick in his hand and it looked like Deirdre was bent over the couch. She noted the blood on David’s shirt and when Deirdre looked up in surprise, she saw the condition of her love’s face. There was blood on the carpet and there were obviously some signs of struggle. Deirdre’s clothes had been tossed away, though the panties Megan had bought her were hanging from one ankle. The air left her slowly.

Time dilated as she began to move. David was turning towards her as if trying to say something. She drove her fist into his solar plexus making him gasp for air at the same time she had freed her pepper spray on her key chain with her other hand. She gave him a full and concentrated blast in his mouth, nose, and eyes as she turned her head to avoid back blast. David screamed and his hands flew to his face. She followed this with a kick to the side of his knee that dropped him to the ground, spinning. She brought the heel of her hand down on to the base of his skull and watched the body slump into unconsciousness. She checked his pulse quickly, making sure she had not killed him. When she felt the throb of his pulse, she relaxed. It had all taken seconds to end the danger.

She stood and grabbed Deirdre gently, rocking her slightly. The poor girl was naked, bruised, and bloody. Her eyes were wide with terror and relief. Deirdre shook heavily with shock. Megan could feel her girlfriend’s pulse racing under her hands. Megan was slowly starting to move out of time dilation as she took in Deirdre’s condition. “Here sweetie, sit on the couch. I’ll get you a blanket. I’ll be right back.”

Deirdre stumbled around the couch, helped by Megan and collapsed onto the sofa, resting on one of the arms. Megan rushed to Deirdre’s room and grabbed the light blanket from the bed they had shared a number of times. It would smell like both of them. By the time she returned to the living room, the sobbing had begun.

She wrapped Deirdre gently and held her close. Deirdre clung to her desperately, whatever words she was trying to say drowned by the sobs. Megan kissed the wounded girl’s forehead softly, brushing her hair with one hand. “It’s okay Deirdre. It’s over. You’re okay. I stopped him. You’re okay.”

The gentling seemed to be working. The sobbing slowed into crying and shaking. She kept murmuring words of comfort until she heard a moan escape from David. Megan took this as a good sign to take further action and dug for her phone. She quickly dialed 911. The operator answered promptly. “911, how can I help you?”

“I’d like to report an assault and attempted rape at the following address,” Megan rattled off the information slowly and precisely, like she had been trained to do. “The perpetrator is currently unconscious. I rendered him so when I came across the situation. The victim is a twenty year old female with multiple contusions. She is in shock and he is injured as well. Will need both officers and a paramedic at the scene. Please send someone immediately.”

The 911 operator asked a few more questions about her and the situation. Megan rattled off the information with a calm precision that the military had drummed into her over the years of service. This was like so many other bits of battlefield information she had called in or crimes she had dealt with. Once she had given the operator all the information she wanted, Megan was informed that there were officers in route. Megan thanked the operator as she hung up, telling the woman that she could hear sirens in the distance, getting closer. She hugged Deirdre to her again and waited for the police, murmuring words of comfort.

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sadly, even after being rescued, this is far from over...

Andrea Lena's picture

...even if her injuries heal quickly, the trauma of the attack is magnified by the fact that her abuser is her brother. This is almost irreparable, since David violated not only her body, but her trust and love for him. Her parents will most likely feel justifiable guilt because her mother dismissed her concerns, and even Deidre may feel unjustifiably guilty for not having done enough to prevent his attack. So many lives hurt by anger and bitterness and rage.

But then there's this, which gives promise and hope:
She wrapped Deirdre gently and held her close. Deirdre clung to her desperately, whatever words she was trying to say drowned by the sobs. Megan kissed the wounded girl’s forehead softly, brushing her hair with one hand. “It’s okay Deirdre. It’s over. You’re okay. I stopped him. You’re okay.”

Thank you for another compelling if tragic episode.


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Yeah, Megan was there for

Yeah, Megan was there for Deirdre and it comes across as if she will still be there for her love. That is a nice thing and makes you feel hopeful. At least she was there to stop the tragedy to reach its inevitable end.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Hurrah for Megan!

I'm glad she came and rescued Dierdre. Shame she had to go through all she did before Megan arrived. Now this "brother" will get his comeupance.

I agree it is far from over for Diedre though. This kind of trauma is hard to get over.

Briar

Briar

Tragedy can have far

Tragedy can have far reaching consequences and this one will scar more than just Deirdre. That is the shame of some of these horrific attacks.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Well handled

At first I was afraid Megan might let her emotions run away with her. But she handled it perfectly. "By the numbers, people." Do it fast, do it right, do it once.

Now the healing begins. It will never end, unfortunately.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Thank you. Yeah, she just

Thank you.

Yeah, she just did the job and didn't worry about things. Step by step, in the proper military fashion. Even the beating was that way, cool and detached, utterly professional. That is a sign of someone who properly takes care of business.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

It's good thing that Megan

It's good thing that Megan have so great self control. Poor Deirdre, she will have to walk hard long way , luckily Megan is by her side to help her. And David just become big loser.

Actually, David was a big

Actually, David was a big loser before this happened.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

I was devastated at the end of Chapter 12!

Thank God for Megan! No hysterics, just calculated action! David is going away, maybe for a long time.
Deirdre will never forget what David did to her, but she will always remember the loving tenderness she received from Megan.
Another Great Chapter! Keep them coming!

Diane

Well, being highly trained

Well, being highly trained lets you do that. It is a useful thing.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Ye of Little Faith

And here you were unsure if you wanted to publish this.

Geez! Have you no faith in the folks who enjoy your stories? I dare say the following you have generated here has put any doubts you had to pay.

I guess this learned you good.

Nancy Cole

Nancy_Cole__Red_Background_.png


~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

I don't know... I have

I don't know... I have another chapter to post and that might get me lynched.

But yeah, the reception to this story has been incredible.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Hardly lynched...

It would be what... 5 or 6 years overdue? I honestly think if you managed to avoid the wrath of your audience for so long, they are bound to have mellowed a little bit! The most you will receive will be a 'spanking and social service' sentence, with the latter being - writing more stories! ^_^

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Oh the severity of that

Oh the severity of that sentence!! Not the spankings! And me without a grail shaped beacon. ;P

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Retribution !!

ALISON
The thing that is going to hurt David(gutless wonder)more than
anything is the fact that he has been 'put down' by a woman!He will
remember that for the rest of his miserable life,as he should.
Nancy Cole,you are right,this is a 'stand out' story,every thing
short and to the point with no padding.Just great!Thank you!

ALISON

Thank you. Yeah, I am sure

Thank you.

Yeah, I am sure that he is going to remember this forever.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Fukimupp, Megan!!!

laika's picture

Thank God the cavalry arrived! The very least brother dear could do at this point would be to plead guilty, saving Deidre the ordeal of a big old trial. I might suggest sepukku as a further demonstration of his contrition but this would probably only cause his family more grief. Heartbreaking story, but WOW so powerful, realistic + well written! So glad Diedre has her sweetie to help her thru the long arduous physical & emotional healing...
~~~hugs, Laika

Thanks. I am so glad that

Thanks.

I am so glad that people have liked this story. It gives me hope for my other 'serious literary novels' that I am hoping to sell.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

A Splintered Life - Chapter 13

Yes, David's actions wil scar his parents, forcing them to choose which child to support, which one to abandon. And their daughter will bear the scars of the assault for her life, unless she can forgive him.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

She will bear the scars of this assault for a long time

Andrea Lena's picture

no matter what....Deidre has just been brutally beaten and sodomized by her own brother. I think is is premature to even talk about forgiving her attacker. The blood hasn't dried on her cheek, still mixed with tears from her weeping, not only from the pain of the attack, but from the violation of trust and the inevitable destruction of her relationship with David. Things just don't work that quickly; this is something that will take along time to heal, whether or not she chooses to forgive what many might consider an unforgivable violation, since it was not a stranger, but her own brother who brutalized and raped her.

Have you ever gone through anything this horrific? I understand why you mention forgiveness, but try to think of this more personally; looking at it from another perspective. Imagine anyone you care for, a relative or friend, and ask yourself if you would even be discussing forgiveness if it happened to them. And moreover, imagine anyone you trust, and imagine this happened to you; would you be quick to forgive?

Take it down to an even more personal and relevant level; we have many here who have been raped; who have undergone this horror. Instead of a character in a story, realistic as it is, think of those here who have been hurt by this violation in their own lives. Would you ask them to quickly forgive? Life would be great if things worked as well as we'd like it to; regrettably, it often doesn't.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Again... thank you. I am so

Again... thank you. I am so happy that the story has been received so well. I was honestly worried because this story was a good bit different than what I have usually put out. Maybe I can focus on this style of writing more.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

What a girl!!

Megan doesn't muck around, I'll bet David the rat pooped his pants when Megan slamm dunked him?

Although short, that was poetic justice and most enjoyable!

It's obvious Megan cares about Deidre deeply and will pull her through the following trauma.

Nice work Heather.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

this is sad

Deirdre will have a long time till she can heal from this. Too bad for David

This is so good Heather. It is a good thing Megan could take care of herself and take care of David

I can only hope that the

I can only hope that the police, after they show up, don't try and arrest Megan for assault on David by claiming she went beyond what was needed to stop the assault. I have seen this happen before and then take weeks to get cleared by the courts. Megan, in my opinion, did exactly what she needed to do to contain the subject and situation. One thing that makes me cry for Deirdre is that she was sexually assaulted by her own brother and that will haunted her for her lifetime. Jan

Megan, as a former MP, is

Megan, as a former MP, is considered a part of the thin blue line, so she will get off. Cops don't arrest other cops. Besides, given the size disparity, her actions were warranted and prudent. She didn't use more force than necessary to achieve her goal of knocking David out.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Darker Still

If I didn't know that there is only one more chapter to go, I would suggest that there exists the possibility for this to get darker still. There are the potential encounters with the less enlightened Neanderthals (if that term doesn't too badly demean the early hominids) of the police, medical and legal establishment who could make this so much worse for Deidre.

Michelle B