Kira - Chapter 2 - The girls give Kira a little self-confidence.

Printer-friendly version
Kira
Chapter II - The girls give Kira a little self confidence

by Barbara Lynn Terry


 
Josie spoke up next. "Kira, see what we were saying. Even Jessica's mother who has only met you and seen you for just a few minutes, thinks you're a girl in boys clothing. Listen, we're not put off by who you are and we certainly don't judge others either. So, I have just one more question to ask you before we decide on a plan of attack. How long did you say you felt like a girl deep inside?"

"Since I was five."

"This is going to be very easy then. Stand up, and take your clothes off, down to your underwear. I have a few measurements to take. Jessica can I use your tape measure?"

"Yes, just a sec." Jessica went to get her tape measure, and handed it to Josie.

"Now girlfriend, I am going to measure your waist, hips, bust, and length for skirts, dresses and slacks. Have you ever worn girls jeans before?"

"No. I always thought jeans were jeans."

"Oh no, girlfriend. Our jeans, well most of them have a stretch material in them, and they are a lighter denim, and cut different than regular jeans guys wear. Also, our tops are cut different too. I have noticed you in the last two days. You actually have a small figure. That is good, because everybody sees you as a girl. But in boy clothes. So, with a few hormones, I think we can get you developing like a girl should."

Terror etched across Kira's face, and then she said that she couldn't develop like a girl or her mother would disown her or even worse. Even though she said she was excited, she couldn't develop like a girl.

"Nonsense! Even if your mother disowned you, you could live with your father, brother and sister. They can't put you in foster care if you have a living relative, especially a parent to look after you. Listen, my mom has fostered a lot of kids, and I have seen what it does to them. That won't happen to you because you have a father, sister, and brother who care about you and love you. Now, let's get these measurements so we can take our new friend shopping. Girls, can we come with a little money to at least get her one dress and one skirt, and maybe a couple of tops?"

Jessica went to her dresser, and opened her "bank" which was nothing more than an empty body powder container, in the form of an oyster shell. She looked at what she had, and said she had more than enough to chip in.

"Okay now, let me see. Twenty-two inches in the waist, hips twenty-five inches, and bust....hmmm....Jessica, we need a bra for her, and we need to put something in the cups so I can get a proper measurement. Nothing too big now, but something just right for her age. I mean, I'm a B cup, and that would be just about right for her."

Jessica went to get a bra for Kira, and selected one that was really pretty and had a lof lace. She showed Kira how to put it on, and then had Kira do it herself. They were amazed that Kira did it so quickly. Jessica went to get a pair of double knit socks to put in the cups.

"These socks will give you more of a figure, and then the dresses you try on will fit you better. Okay, we need to stop by each other's house, so we can get our share of the money for our shopping trip. Girlfriend, you are going to look absolutely gorgeous. You will also need to get your own makeup too, but for now I think we can do something to make you look really cute. Not that you don't already, but girls wear makeup, and you are a girl. So, your bust measures thirty inches, and the cup size is B. Well, if we're ready, then let's go. I'm sure we want to get this over with so we can do our homework. We can study together when we get back."

The girls all left, after Jessica told her mother what they were going to do. When they got to the mall, they went from store to store, until they found what they were looking for. Marla saw a very cute dress, and when Kira tried it on, it came to mid thigh. Just right for a girl her age. After trying on several dresses, skirts and tops, they settle for two dresses, three skirts, and three tops. After they paid for the clothes, they found they had a little money left to go to the food court. After they got what they wanted from the BK stand, they went to sit down.

"Well Kira, how did you like shopping?"

"It was a lot of fun. I only wish my mother would take me so we could have a mother/daughter outing. It is so sad that she can't or doesn't want to see me for who I really am." I started crying agin, and this time, not only were the girls swarmed around me, but so were two boys that Josie knew.

"Hey Joz, what's wrong with your friend?"

"Nothing Kev, she is just sad about a few things."

"Hey, my name's Kevin, but everybody calls me Kev. What's your name?"

"Kira."

"Well Kira, I am sure that whateer it is that is making you sad will have a way of working itself out. These things usually do no matter how bad we think they seem to be. Where do you go to school?"

"She's in our classes, Kev. We're kinda like looking out for her because she's new here."

"That's great Joz. Kira, you have five good friends here right now. I go to the same school, but I have different classes. And this lug with me is Dean. He's my shadow I think because he follows me everywhere." Dean promptly punched Kevin in the arm playfully, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"She has six good friends, and I will let you know right now. Like the other girls here will tell you too. If you have any problems with anyone, you just let either me or Kev know, and we will take care of it."

"Thank you, you've all been so kind, I...I just..." I started crying again.

The boys didn't leave until I had settled down. Kevin looked me right in the eyes when he told me that if I didn't settle down I was going to have him in tears. I giggled, and he said that's better.

"Oh darn! Come on girls, we all have homework to do. We can study together at my house."

We all got up, and placed out trash in the bin, and then left to catch the bus. I didn't tell you this, but we didn't want a parent chaperone, I get too much of that at home. So we took the bus from the house to the mall and back. When we got to the house, Jessica showed me in the closet where my dresses, skirts, and tops would be. We had matched the tops with the skirts and hung them in her closet. Then we got out our books and settled down for a study session. This was my first time studying with anyone. Suddenly Jessica's mother called up the stairs and said the phone was for me. I went down to answer it, and heard mother's voice on the other end.

"What is crap? I heard her call you Kira."

"No mother, she said Kiran, it's just you couldn't hear the N sound over the phone."

"I will accept that. Are you goiong to have dinner there? By the way, what are you doing over there?"

"I met new friends at school, and we're doing our homeowrk together. Like a group study thing."

"Okay. Well ask whoever's mother if you can eat there, and I will pick you up at around nine o'clock."

"Alright mother, goodbye."

"Goodbye."

I asked Jessica's mother if I could stay for dinner, and she said yes. I went upstairs to tell the girls, and they all squealed with joy.

"You just met us, and already you're studying with us, and now staying for dinner. All in one day. Wow!"

"Thank you, Marla. My mother wanted to know why your mother called me Kira. I told her she had said Kiran but that mother didn't hear the N sound over the phone."

"Did she accept that?" Josie asked.

"Yes, she did. She said she will pick me up about nine. I go to bed at ten."

"Wow, like your mother heard Kira, but accepted what you told her. let me ask you something. I don't mean any disrespect or anything. But has your mother ever seen a psychiatrist or some kind of therapist?"

"I don't think so, Marla."

"I think she is overdue then. The way she treats you, and the way she is always telling you about who you should be, from her viewpoint, staggers the mind."

"My dad, sister, brother, and I have been talking about getting me out from under her. But when they had the divorce hearing, she told the court that my father was intentionally raising me as a girl. When my dad's lawyer countered that saying it was actually her that wasn't listening even to psychiatric opinion, she just told the court, that doctor wanted her to raise me as a girl, which was not true. He just it was better to let me dress as Kira than keep telling me boys don't wear dresses or skirts.

"There is something about her though. It's like if she doesn't get her own way, she gets anygry and twists everything around to suit her. I just would like her to tell me why she doesn't want me to be happy, and why does she want me to liver her life, instead of living my own. I mean, isn't that what it comes down to?"

"In a word? Yes. But what is it that your dad, brother, and sister have come up with?

"My dad said that now I am older, and can make an informed decision, he is going to back into court and ask the judge for an impartial medical and psychiatric investigation into why I need to be Kira. He wants the doctors to be appointed by the court. This way mother can't counter anything the doctors say. Like the last time."

"I think that's a great idea. I'm going to ask my dad if he can get you a gown for the homecoming dance. That will mean your picture will be in the year book for this year. Oh! And wouldn't it be delicious if you tried out for the varsity squad and got on it? Then your mother would have to get you a girl's cheerleading outfit, because we only have girl cheerleaders at our school."

"You know, Marla," I said grinding the wheels of conspiracy in my head. "That is a great idea. I can just see it now. I go home and tell mom I made the varsity cheerleading squad, but there is just one thing. I need a girl's cheerleading outfit, because we only have girl cheerleaders. She will blow up. I'm not afraid anymore. You have all given me the confidence I need to face up to her. I mean, I have to start sometime, so now is the best time. When can I try out for the squad?"

"I will have to get them together and let them know that you are still physical male, but that you are also transgendered, and need so much to be the girl on the outside that you are on the inside. Is that all right, Kira?"

"Yes, it is. But only the squad though. I don't need the jocks beating me up on the field when they see me."

"You don't have to worry about that. The squad will let their jocks know that they harm anyone on the squad, no matter who they are, they can look for new girlfriends. But right now all the girls in our gym class think you are a girl, so do the guys, so there shouldn't be any problem. Anyway tryouts are are Friday. Let's get you something you can try out in."

Jessica's mother yelled up the stairs. "Kira, your mother is here."

"Well, I guess I have to go. Can we study again tomorrow and talk. The more away from her I am the better I feel."

"I will talk to my mother and see. I don't know about you staying for dinner all the time. Your mother may not like it, if it's all the time."

"I just need to get away. She keeps screaming at me all the time, and it makes me sad. Anyway I gotta go I guess. But you know what though? You have given me something to work on. Oh my gosh! I didn't change! What'll I do?"

"Stand up to her. You're thirteen years old, Kira. It's time you started telling her how you really feel and what you need in your life. Listen girlfriend, you look very pretty, don't let her run the rest of your life, because in five years you will be eighteen, and a legal adult. Then she can't tell you what to do. Face her."

"Yes. You're right. If I face her maybe she will have to see that she has been wrong all this time. I hope. Anyway guys I'll see ya all in the morning. We can all walk to school." We gave each other hugs, and I went downstairs to face my mother.



To Be Continued in Chapter Three...

up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Too sad when her own mother won't see what

Andrea Lena's picture

...everyone else sees. She's such a sweet kid,too. And this nice exchange -
The boys didn't leave until I had settled down. Kevin looked me right in the eyes when he told me that if I didn't settle down I was going to have him in tears. I giggled, and he said that's better. Hopefully her mother will come around. Thanks, Barbara!

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Nice story, even if it is a

Nice story, even if it is a bit stretchy in reality, other folks parents wouldn't get involved so quick - really - it's a dangerous thing to do.
If I'd tried that - and I wanted to at the time, my father would have put me in a mental institution and had Electro Convulsive Therapy authorised on me.
My mother wasn't able to assimilate that I was female even though I told her once or twice (starting at five - "when do I change into a girl mummy? - true story)
I guess the 50's and 60's were different to this modern age....

My mum's alright with it now, but I'm 57 so I guess I'm allowed to know my own mind - she said when I transitioned "I had no idea, when did you realise?"
sheesh

Mommy Dearest

laika's picture

...is probably gonna flip right out:"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HOW DARE YOU DRESS HIM UP LIKE THIS! THIS IS MY SON!!! I FORBID HIM TO ASSOCIATE WITH YOU CRAZY PEOPLE! YOU'RE ALL CRAZY! HIS FATHER'S CRAZY!! THE PSYCHIATRIST IS CRAZY!! EVERYONE'S CRAZY BUT ME!!! GIBBLE-GIBBLE! HOOBLE-GOOBLE! BLOOOOO-BLOOOOOBLOOOOOOOBLOOOOOOOOBLOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Hope Kira can stand up to whatever tirade and weird restrictions this causes, but it's such a shame when she actually has siblings and a parent who love her for her real self. She needs to get away from this madwoman some way or other. Great story Barbara!
~~~hugs, Laika

Hopefully Kira Will Be Okay

jengrl's picture

Hopefully Kira will be okay. Her mother should have it in the back of her mind that if she tries something, Kira's father will get total custody. I will be interested to find out what happens when she confronts her mother with the truth that she is trying so hard to deny. She does owe Kira an explanation as to why she is being so hard headed about this. Another nice chapter!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Maybe...

She will get an adjoining cell in the state mental institution with this author's other shining example of parenting, the mother in "What Mother Didn't Know" I have a feeling they'd get on swimmingly.

Incidentally I kept thinking this story seemed so familiar to one I'd read before to the point i thought maybe this was a revision and re-post, but, it was different enough i figured it was another story unto itself by another author. Much was I surprised to find the other story I had been trying to remember was by this same author, hence the oh so familiar feel of it.

At any rate, I'm liking this one and hope Mommy gets her just desserts, which given past evidence of the other story, which I now know is by the same author, quite likely.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once - Albert Einstein

Non-acceptance

ALISON
I think the mother? is about to have a stroke.Laika has
written the script so it's all systems go!At least Kira has the girls for backup.

ALISON

Wonder what mom will do...

Will she go all WWIII on Kira, or will she give her child the Cold Shoulder of Death?

SuZie

SuZie

If I were Jessica's mom ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... and found out only when the lawsuit papers filed by KIran's mom were handed to me that my daughter had let me believe the male she was helping to dress as a female was really a female, I would be royally pissed at her. I still think Jessica and Kira should have told her the truth. If she then decided to join the conspiracy at least she would know what she was getting into. She also might have suggested better ways to help.

However, this is not Jessica's fault. She is a kid. The fault lies with Jessica's mom, who went behind a legal guardian's back without the kind of information she should have asked for or sought before deciding to do so. She is the adult letting her high school freshman daughter call the shots.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Some of what Jezzi said

will be in chapter 3. I am not going to say how or what, but some of it. I already had this planned out, so even though the chapter isn't written yet, you will see just how Jessica's parents become involved. Thank you all for you very wonderful comments.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Waiting for another chapter

I hope you will quickly write another chapter,kira mother sound like she have dominant personality,and don't care about felings of others,not even her own family.

KIRA

great chapter I wish I met girls like that when I was young, but the late 60's and early 70's would have been the wrong time.