The Girl in Me -17-

Printer-friendly version

longhair2s.jpg

"Mr. Harold" I stated addressing him slightly demandedly.

Mr. Harold turned around, and said "Yes! What do you want?!" with anger in his voice.

"Who the hell, do you think you are!" I said sternly.

Mr. Harold's eyes grew and replied in anger "Excuse me?"

The Girl in Me
Chapters 49-51
 
by Erin Amelia Fletcher

 
Synopsis: Morwen a witty girl, who happens to have once been a boy lives day to day with a rather unique life. She is a Witch and a Gypsy. Lifes never the easiest for Morwen, even with her powers that gives her simplicities in it.

Please keep in mind most names, and some specific details, have been altered, to limit the amount of Strife within those associated within whom may come in contact with this. Similarities of the story among any other stories movies etc are purely coincidental.


 
Chapter 49
 
 
I couldn't get the image out of my mind. Seeing Felicity hung by multiple towels tied together, from the shower curtain rode above the bath tub. Her feet, danging hardly an inch above the floor, her toes and ankles shaking trying to find ground, when realizing that her death would be painful the moment that the hanging death wasn't instantaneous. She gasped for air, and was starting to faint when I took myself trying to hold her body up, and called for help.

Mark had just got home, hearing my yelling in wisps of sound coming from the house all the way to the end of the driveway, from where he gotten to walking back from the bus stop. He came running in, and without thinking a part of his powers that were told months ago finally showed up, with a quick glance of me, and felicity overhead. He starred at the towels and his eyes grew, not used to seeing such things he did what he could to shut his eyes. Opening them up, a flame appeared in the direction of his site.

The towels burst into flames, the heat was so astronomical, that they were turned to ash in seconds, and Felicity's body fell, her head hitting the edge of the tub, sliding on-top of me with a fierce weight that I felt like a tree had fallen on me. I must have been in shock or something along the lines. The next thing I know I am being led out of the house, into a cab by mum and Mark. A Gurney being brought out of the house, in which all I could make out was Felicity's left side.

All I could hear was mumbles over the PA at the hospital, the rustling of peoples feet as they walked past. I was in a daze I couldn't escape, or felt I could not. It was when Felicity's father walked in, that took me out of the daze.

"Where is he, where is my son?!" demanded Mr. Harold in a loud and angry tone. With remorseful worry.

"Sir, calm down. Who is your son?" replied the nurse trying to calm Mr. Harold down.

"Fergus Harold! Why else would I be here, were the hell is he?" asked Mr. Harold less dementedly, yet still very angry.

The Nurse took him around the corner, and they stood talking for perhaps a few minutes. I heard yelling and screaming, cursing and whimpering. The language coming from Mr. Harold was horrible, though I couldn't make out much of anything that was said, but I do know he swore, and said very rude names indicating his child as the victim of being called them as well as the nurse.

Mr. Harold walked back into my line of site and stormed off, saying "Let the social services have the sissy then, who gives a shit any ways!"

That pushed my buttons to the core, I jumped out of my seat and power-walked towards the exiting Mr. Harold through the electric sliding doors of the emergency wing. I got behind Mr. Harold and tapped on his back with my left index finger.

"Mr. Harold" I stated addressing him slightly demandedly.

Mr. Harold turned around, and said "Yes! What do you want?!" with anger in his voice.

"Who the hell, do you think you are!" I said sternly.

Mr. Harold's eyes grew and replied in anger "Excuse me?"

"You damn well heard me! Who the hell do you think you are, Felicity is in there fighting for her life, after trying and failing to kill herself. All because of you in the first place, and all you can do is say let the government have her. How dare you do that to her, the one thing she said was she didn't want to hurt you anymore and you pull this shit on her, your a pathetic excuse for a father!" I stated in disgust and anger, defending felicity for who she is and what she stood for.

"What the hell do you know huh! You should be just as disgusted of her too, a sissy like that deserves to die in a gutter or be play things for inmates, they shouldn't be free to breath the same air as you or me" replied Mr. Harold "My wife must have fooled around on me, how do I know that's even my son..."

"Your wife never fooled around on you, and that's your daughter not your son and you damn well know that, you would have to be a complete idiot to see her otherwise" I interrupted.

"I am not the one that's an idiot here, if you see a boy as a girl then your the idiot. That boy never got his brain queer-wired from me" said Mr. Harold in my face spitting as he talked he was so close to my face.

"I am no idiot sir, I assure you that I may as well be smarter than you are. Felicity is more like you than you realize. I may have known her only a few times, but I can tell you right now that she is more like you than you want to admit" I stated with deficience.

"Ha, I see none of me in that pansy, none more like a his mother, and some strangeness mixed in" stated Mr. Harold, then spitting on the ground like chucking chewing tobacco.

He then turned and began to walk away, when I stopped him saying "She has you stubbornness, your nose, and just as thickheaded as you are mister!"

Mr. Harold turned round and walked back to me in a huff. "That BOY! Is nothing more to me than a lame horse in the rocky mountains. Just SOMETHING to be shot down to make way for something better."

"You are a sick son of a bitch, Mr. Harold, a cold heartless bastard with an heart colder than a banshees and a brain shorter than almond" I replied "If Felicity was a horse lamed by a wound in the rocky mountains, she would rise up and kick that gun out of your hand and trample you like a snake underfoot."

Mr. Harold gave me a cold stare and said "That's why he tried to kill himself, that's why he is weak. The defender is the one that's weak, the attacker is the one that's strong"

"Think what you will Mr. Harold, but it's that kind of thinking that gets morons like you killed. It is however the complete opposite, attackers are nothing more than fools that prey on others because they are too weak to deal with their own issues constructively. Defenders fight for something real, something worth doing, knowing and loving. Attackers work purely out of hatred anyone or anything that feel jealous or envious over. And that is what makes people like you the scum of the earth. My people call people like you demons, the that horrid prey on the strong to turn them weak so they will be just like you. That is disgusting Mr. Harold, I just pray that you won't have to learn the hard way, but I have the feeling you will given time." I stated emotionally.

Just then Mark came out to get me. He was rushing nearly running out the doors to get me.

"Morwen, the doctor wants to see you, he has some questions to ask you." said Mark as he tried to catch his breath.

"Okay, thanks Mark. Till again Mr. Harold, and think about what I just told you" I said, as I walked back into the hospital.
 
 
Chapter 50

 
 
The Evening was long waiting by the bed, for Felicity to awaken from her long sleep, that knock on her head on the tub as she fell and the snapping of her neck and broken arm, had caused her to remain unconscious. I had fallen asleep, from exhaustion, mum and Mark had gone to the cafeteria to get a coffee.

I was awaken by a rustling of the sheets under my head, as Felicity was starting to awaken, thrusting back and forth waking up. I lifted my head and looked her way, her eyes flickering to remain open in the lit room, after a long darkened nap.

"Felicity, wake up its ok" I said soothingly, half yawning myself after a half hours rest.

"Hmmm, nmmm" replied Felicity waking up, having troubles speaking since the rope pushed her Adams apple on her larynx, unabling her to speak properly, and feeling some pain as she tried.

"It's ok Felicity, your safe now" I said, trying to reassure her there's no worry. "If you need to talk; then talk in your head, direct it to me. Trust me ok, please."

Felicity started to talk into her head looking at my direction, confused, though certain I could here her voice in my head as well as my own, telepathy itself being used as best as I could to help her.

"Am I dead?" asked felicity curious and slightly hopeful, though a ping of doubt was in her mind.

"Thankfully not, you scared the begusus out of me ya know" I replied rather scornfully.

"You should have let me, I wanted to be with my mom" said felicity trying to hold back tears without much luck "as soon as I got dressed I felt it, its like she touched me on one shoulder and kissed me on the cheek."

I looked at felicity, with guilt in my stomach and reflection in my eyes, trying to stop the flash backs and remain as compassionate composure, trying to do as I had for many years. Sucking my emotions back, and keeping my head up.

"Sounded like she was happy for you hun, why did you want to hurt yourself because of that?" I asked confused.

Felicity looked around the room, silently trying to find the words to answer the question. You could see the sorrow in her eyes filling like a fountain ready to burst.

"I didn't want that feeling to go away" replied Felicity "I felt I was dressed as I should be, I was close to my mum, everything seemed right then I just thought I would fit me in death, like maybe everything would be right in both physical and spirit and be with my mum, all in one instance. I didn't want the feeling to go away."

"Did you see your mum or just feel her?" I asked curiously.

"Just felt her, you never forget the familiar feeling of your mother around" said felicity wisely.

"Would you like to see her?' I asked.

"What do you mean?" replied felicity quizingly.

"I can call her up, course it will only be for a short time" I replied "Even if dead, mothers always want to help there children."

"I don't know, that isn't a normal gift that's offered" replied felicity, rather estranged by the request.

"Nothing about me is normal, according to mortal minds" I stated humourously "That's the joy of nature, it allows indifference in everything about every aspect."

"Maybe so, but it seems to be rather scary offering of a gift" said felicity distraught.

Just then the nurse walked into the room, and said coldly "Visiting hours are over, give the boy some rest, he'll need it."

I glared at the brunette with unmistaken anger and said "Yes, SHE will!"

I gave felicity a kiss on her hug trying not to hurt her as I did so and got up whispering in her ear "think about it, I'll see you tomorrow."

I walked out of the room, with the brunette following me. "We don't go for that here, missy. I don't like being treated like that infront of my patients" said the brunette.

"Just as I am sure that your patients such as felicity in there doesn't like being treated the way you did just then" I replied coyly, walking away leaving the nurse to ponder my statement.
 
 
Chapter 51
 
 
We got home late that night. I went upstairs and got ready for bed while mum was checking the answering machine. I was still shaken and used mum bathroom instead, I just couldn't bring myself to walk into my own just yet. I then went to my bedroom and got out my long pink and white nightgown with lace at the collar and got dressed, slipping over my pink floral designed housecoat and slippers.

I went back downstairs to say my goodnight to mum and Mark.

"Did anyone call for me mum" I asked walking down the stairs.

"Just our attorney, letting us know that the hearing will be Monday" answered mum.

"Do I have to go, Mum I really don't want to see him again!?" I stated slightly nervous.

"Yes, they will probably be taking your testimony" replied mum.

"Ok, well I suppose I have a lot to think about, and try to get some sleep" I said hugging mum and kissing her goodnight on the cheek.

"Ouch!" Yelped mum flinching back.

"What!?" I asked.

"You shocked me" replied mum, as she was massaging her cheeks from the medium current of electricity that absorbed through her skin.

"Sorry!" I said, before going upstairs thinking ‘this pregnancy is getting strange' holding my belly with a fitful amount of pride and slight worry.


 
To Be Continued...
 

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Spell checker

The story has merit and it is obviously well thought out.
It does become difficult to read though as there are a lot of spelling and grammar errors.
It might be a good idea to get someone to edit it for you.
Odd things like multiple towels from a shower rail - I don't think it would be possible to hang yourself with a towel with such a short drop- it's too thick unless torn into strips for instance.
The shower rails I have come across are usually no higher than about 6 foot meaning the average neck would be about 1 foot lower than the rail. Even at 7 foot the rail would only need one decent towel to reach a neck and only dropping two feet would require a cheese wire noose to do the job credibly.
Shower rails also tend to be very light and completely unable to support the weight of a body. That's just one of the continuity problems that make your story a little awkward.
Sight is what you use to see. Site is what we put a building on.
Comma before an "and" is a no-no
I've an idea that argueing with a father who is so bigotted is likely to get you a fat lip rather than coherent conversation.
"with lace at the collar and got dressed, slipping over my pink floral designed housecoat and slippers. " Slipping over them is more likely to mean tripping, the way you have written it. Maybe "with lace at the collar and got dressed, slipping my pink floral design housecoat over it and stepping into my fluffy slippers. "
Take a little time to go over your story and make it a little more readable and you'll really be going places.
jenny

Sweet

Andrea Lena's picture

In the midst of the magic and wonder, you have the tender and touching.
"Just felt her, you never forget the familiar feeling of your mother around" said Felicity wisely." I tell people I'm okay after all these years since I can still remember my mother's voice. Thanks for a lovely story.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Tutto il mio apprezzamento, cari, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Ambivalient

Hi,

I usually enjoy magic based stories, but this one leaves me with mixed feelings.

On the minus side, as already mentioned by others, you really should find someone to edit the chapters for you. It looks like you're using a spellchecker, but those are not helpfull in finding mistakes like using "there" when "their" is needed. I have to say I found the story not easy to follow, certainly not in the beginning. I persisted and have to admit that the latter chapters are easier. Lastly I feel that your characters can use a bit more depth. I find it hard to connect with any of them and care what happens to them.

On the plus side, you managed to put together an intresting story with a plot that leaves the reader guessing where things will go next. You also seem to have worked out a world with clear rules and limits. At least for now I plan on continuing to read this story.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

The Girl in Me -17-

I can't help but think that Felicity's sperm donor will rue the day that he crossed swords with Morwen.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine