Knowing Yourself: A Challenge

Printer-friendly version
Knowing Yourself: A Challenge


by: Lilith Langtree

I let my hands drop by my side and gave him my most lethal scowl. "I'm not out of the closet. I was never in the closet. I'm only doing this because Emerson's our client today and I was drenched by the storm this morning."

When It Rains
After checking myself over in the bathroom mirror I released the grimace I held. Still too dainty, but nothing I had tried over the last few years made any difference. Working out, running, protein shakes, you name it, not even a hint of masculinity arose from the effort. I was half tempted to try anabolic steroids save two reasons: I had no idea what would happen to my body, considering my condition, and the more important reason, I couldn't afford to buy them. That's why I went out and found a job.

Being seventeen, and officially out from under my father's thumb seemed like a dream come true for any teenager, more so for me considering I wasn't the son that my dad always wanted. I didn't play football and could care less about watching Sportcenter or drinking beer while sitting in front of the television. My body took care of that for me. At five foot-ten inches tall I topped the scales at a measly one hundred and thirty pounds, and that was after gorging myself during dinner when the human body was supposed to weigh its most.

I tended to wear loose clothing to make my body look bulkier, but that was problematic at times. Depending on my color coordination it made me look even skinnier.

Double checking my backpack for a change of clothes, a book, and a sack lunch, I set it by the door so I wouldn't forget to bring it to work. Generic Wal-mart brand pop-tarts was my breakfast afterward, that and water.

With only two hundred and sixteen dollars to my name I took the first job that presented itself to me: a gofer. My job consisted of running errands for my employer, a fashion photographer; whatever he wanted, I was supposed to make happen. It paid my bills and left me enough money to save for my operation so I would bear through the humiliation, whatever it was.

A glance at the microwave clock let me know I was running on time, but considering the look of the weather I wanted to get there a little early. Always making a good impression was my only chance to get ahead since college fell through. Dad wasn't going to fork up the money for me to go, and my grades in high school weren't good enough to get a scholarship, so I was out of luck there.

When I opened the front door to the apartment I noticed the dark clouds overhead and gave a silent prayer for the rain to hold off long enough for me to get to work. Considering I was riding a bicycle, this was a really important prayer. I locked up and made sure my backpack was secure before pedaling my butt off down the street.

I really should have saved the prayer on something else. Within five minutes I had entered a torrential downpour. An additional five minutes later I had been splashed no less than three times by passing cars. Needless to say I was a complete mess by the time I made it to work.

I received looks of sympathy from the two guys that were leaving the restroom as I pulled a boatload of paper towels from the dispenser and darted into an empty stall. Stripping out of my shirt I wrung the rainwater out into the toilet and hung it up on the broken hook on the back of the door. Patting myself dry was almost a work of futility, but I was less wet than I started out.

My next surprise was what was waiting for me inside my backpack. I unzipped the pack and was stunned to see the hole at the top that had worked its way open baring the contents to the elements. My brown sack lunch was soggy, my book was swollen and sodden, and my spare set of clothes had soaked up all the remaining water that had made its way inside. I was well and truly screwed.

Biting my lower lip seemed to be the only way I could keep myself from just sitting down and breaking into tears.

I shrugged my soaked button-down back on and dried my hair as best as I could with the hand blower mounted on the wall. Without my brush I knew it was going to be frizzed all over the place as a result. It was long, my hair. Cutting it short only led to my head looking tiny. Leaving it long at least let me pull it back, adding a little body along the way giving the illusion that I wasn't a pea head. I didn't have enough time to dry it all the way, so it looked curled up and damp by the time I decided it was enough. Leaving it out of my normal low ponytail was my only choice if I wanted it to dry by lunch time.

With a final frown in the mirror at my even more feminine appearance I grabbed my dripping back pack and made my way to the elevator.


~O~

"Hey Tanner, I'm here."

My boss, Tanner Hamersley was setting up the lighting for the morning shoot when I walked in. He threw up a single hand in greeting without even turning around. Counting my blessings I took the chance to ask him about my last chance of saving my modesty for the day. "I got drenched on the way in. Mind if I raid the wardrobe?"

I cringed when he turned around. A smirk rose on his face. "You look like a drowned rat."

"Yeah, thanks," I snarked back. "Do you mind?" I thumbed toward the adjoining room.

"Go ahead. Pick out something nice today, would ya? Emerson's coming by. I want to make a good impression."

Carter Emerson's firm supplied most of the high end models for the majority of the city's photographers, so having him impressed with our shoot was a pretty big deal. "Got it."

I disappeared into the wardrobe room and started going through the clothes. I had only done this once before, a year ago, when I'd slipped and landed in shrubbery planter outside in the smoking area. I'd only had to borrow a shirt then and it wound up being from the young teen collection. Most of the models had their pick of whatever clothes they wanted after a shoot, but a lot was left behind and there was always a need to have extra clothes. I was one case in point. Another would be accessories that were forgotten by the models or costumers. We always had what was needed. It was one of the reasons Tanner was becoming well known. Having a reputation of always being prepared for any contingency tended to make you look good.

I flipped through the kids section with a frown. Most of it was girls clothes, which was out of the question, and the boys clothes were geared toward shorts and sporting outfits. There wasn't really anything I could use that might be considered appropriate wear for impressing a client. I knew it was pointless, but I gave a cursory glance at the men's clothes. I didn't have a male model's build. Any pants I chose were way too long for me, and I already knew that they wouldn't fit over my girlish hips without looking totally ridiculous being bunched up with a belt at my overly trim waist.

"Any luck?" Tanner asked.

I turned to him at the doorway and shook my head. "Nothing."

He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. I watched as his eyes moved to the women's clothes and that made my stomach roll. "You know it's your only option." At the look on my face he edged his idea along. "Mac, it's not like you couldn't pull it off."

Tanner pushed away from the wall and walked over to flip through the blouses. My face heated in embarrassment. Yes, I knew I could pass for looking like a girl. It's not like I hadn't been mistaken for one for most of my life. However, having him throw it in my face like that wasn't doing my ego any good. "Nothing revealing," I insisted.

He shook his head. "I'm looking for professional, Mac. Don't worry."

In the end he set aside a white button down cotton blouse and a loose black calf-length skirt. Even I had to admit that it was the most conservative outfit in the bunch. "Try these on and let me see." After a brief pause he asked, "What size shoe do you wear?"

"Five and a half." Even my tiny feet mocked my masculinity. I took a hold of the hangers and watched as he chose a pair of black two inch pumps which he handed to me as I glared at him.

"Sandals wouldn't match and you know it." He said it with no humor, so I didn't snap any nasty retorts back at him. "Check the bin for underwear."

Sure, make my overture into women's clothing complete with lingerie. Biting back a smart remark I sifted through opened set packages of unused panties until I found something that didn't scream Victoria's Secret: a black pair of boy shorts. Bras I was already familiar with. I was well versed in my band and cup size as I suffered from gynaecomastia, meaning I had my own set of breasts to tend to. At work I kept them bound, but at home I normally wore a comfortable bra. My life sucked so incredibly hard it was pathetic.

A privacy screen was my changing area where I said goodbye to the now freezing wet male clothes and a grumbling hello to a fluffy towel that Tanner tossed over the top of the screen.

"I don't know why you insist on trying to live like a guy, Mac. You could have such a cush life as a girl."

I pulled of the binding and dropped it to the floor before toweling my breasts off. "Being intersexed does not automatically make me a girl, Tanner." He's known about my sexual ambiguity since a week after I started my job as his assistant. "My chromosomes say I'm X,Y. That means male."

I almost felt warm again by the time I dropped the towel to the floor and slid my legs through the boy shorts.

"Well there's not a lot of guys that I know that are hotter than most of the chicks I know. And considering I photograph models for a living I think I'm on the inside track as to differences between the sexes."

I really hate it when he did that; comparing me to the models was one of the things I didn't like about my boss. "Cut it out with the hot chicks talk. I'm not hot. I'm a guy!" I said as I donned my white satin bra to support my B-cup breasts.

"What ever you say, ma'am."

Bastard. I'd toss the skirt and heels at him if we didn't need the Emerson contract so bad. Bagging Emerson meant more jobs with big name models, which meant more money for the firm, which meant more money for me. This in turn meant that I could finally afford the male hormones to make my body do what I want it to for a change. It also meant I could get breast reduction surgery and have that little opening underneath my penis closed up and sealed forever. I could be a real guy.

With the blouse buttoned up to the collar I slipped my legs into the skirt and pulled it up to my hips where it obviously wasn't meant to be. A tug high, and still higher it finally fit just under my ribs accentuating my twenty three inch waist. Wonderful. This looks ridiculous. "Tanner, I need a belt."

He was waiting for that one… again, Bastard.

A very wide black belt slipped over the top of the screen. I took it with a snap and slipped it around my waist, buckling the gigantic brass colored buckle. My last indignity were the heels, which of course, fit perfectly and added two more inches to my lanky looking frame. I took a minute to acclimate myself to the additional height and the odd feeling of standing with arched heels before revealing myself.

A smile graced Tanner's face before he beckoned for me. "Come here."

The clicking of the heels on the hard wood floor was a new experience for me. Well, the whole thing was new to me. The slight stretching of my calves, the breezy feel of open air between my bare legs, standing in front of Tanner while I was wearing a bra, which by the way lifted my breasts to new dimensions.

He grabbed my sleeve and gave it two fashionable rolls upward, above my elbow, before doing it to the other as well. A quick glance at my legs and an approving nod later he backed away. "It is so weird that you don't shave your legs and they look so good."

Before I could tell him for the fifth time about my messed up hormones pretty much deleting body hair from my genetic make up, I heard the front office door open and the sound of our make up artist arriving. "Everyone relax… I'm here!"

"Idiot," I commented.

"We're in the wardrobe, Irina," Tanner called out.

He was forty, his name was Irina -- Robert really, but he insisted being called Irina — and he was so fearsomely gay it was pathetic. He embodied the flaming homosexual stereotype to a tee. Loud colored clothing, flamboyant hand gestures, and a exaggerated sway in his walk brought him through the door and to a jarring stop when he saw me.

"Finally!" He sashayed quickly to my side and took my hands in his so that he could see the full effect. "You've come out of the closet and have been replaced by Marlene Dietrich. The look is totally yours, schatzi." He twirled his finger in the air. "Spin for me, butter-muffin. Let Irina get the full show."

I let my hands drop by my side and gave him my most lethal scowl. "I'm not out of the closet. I was never in the closet. I'm only doing this because Emerson's our client today and I was drenched by the storm this morning."

Irina's perfectly tweezed eyebrow arched with doubt clearly etched on his face. "What storm?"

I actually heard my teeth grind. Spinning in my heels I turned around and disappeared behind the privacy screen for a moment. I almost wound up on my butt as I bent over and temporarily lost my balance. Correcting, and squatting with my knees and picked up my sodden clothes. "The storm that did this to me!"

Irina's eyes widened in exaggerated shock. "Oh kitten! There isn't a cloud in the sky out there."

God hates me. It's the only thing I can think of.


~O~

I fetched the Art Director his flute of champagne and made sure there was a fresh pot of coffee for Tanner who was still looking at me with a bit of annoyance because I wouldn't let Irina slap a coat of her make up slop on me. I looked fine. I didn't need any make up and the natural look was still in, so it didn't matter anyway. With a glance at the clock above the door I saw that the model was already five minutes late and Tanner was starting on a slow boil. Nothing ticks off a photographer more than people being late; it throws his schedule completely off.

The jasmine scented incense that the model insisted on having lit exactly fifteen minutes before her arrival was starting to get on my nerves. I have nothing against jasmine in specific. I just hate things burning without me watching them. You won't find a single candle in my apartment. Plus the weird things famous people make us do just gets on my nerves. Take Bianca for example: Her pre-shoot list requires the following items: 3 quarts-sparkling water (sealed), 1-hot dog (with French's brown mustard), 1-4.5oz package of peanut M&M's with the blue ones removed (boxed, not bagged), 1-family sized bag of Cool Ranch Doritos (not sealed, but fresh), 1- half cut seedless watermelon (w/rind cut away and cubed in half inch chunks in a covered bowl accompanied with a plastic recyclable spork). I shit you not.

The messed up part? She winds up bringing her own drink, usually a bottle of Johnny Walker Red, and she doesn't touch a single item on the list. However if we mess up any one item then she walks back out the door and we have to pay for the day's shoot as per contract. It's the price you pay for shooting the popular models.

My attention was brought back to the present by the entrance door opening and admitting our client, Carter Emerson. Being in his mid-forties did nothing to take away the air of power he emitted. He was casually dressed, meaning he was sans his normal two hundred dollar tie. His lips pressed together with irritation. My guess was that he was pissed because there was a shoot with no model present. Before I even had a chance to greet him, he produced a cell phone and started in on a call. I took this time out to pour his Earl Grey tea, one Sugar in the Raw only.

I gave him some space to have his call in semi-private while I stood there holding his cup and saucer giving him the once over. His black hair had recently started to salt a little and his face was barely showing tell-tale lines of age, but it wasn't a bad look on him. Men aged gracefully; it was the trade off of the sexes. By the time I met his eyes I noticed he was staring at me, or more to the point, my body.

The clap of his cell phone closing timed with his brown eyes meeting my green. "Bianca is in the elevator."

I nodded. "Thank you, Mr. Emerson. I'll let Tanner know." Holding out the cup and saucer I added, "Earl Grey, one Sugar in the Raw."

He accepted the tea with a slight tilt of his head. I didn't waste any time turning and heading to update Tanner. However for some reason my butt started burning like someone was staring a hole through my skirt. I threw a look over my shoulder and sure enough it was Emerson. Great, I sighed to myself. He had a reputation for acquiring his models through extensive couch interviews. In short, he was a womanizer. Hell, he could afford to be. I had no desire to be one of his interviews not to mention one of his models, so I planned to stay well out of his line of sight unless absolutely necessary. I didn't need this job that bad. Well, maybe I did, but there was no way I was going to play sex bunny for a horny rich guy.

Before I could get the words, 'Bianca's in the elevator,' out of my mouth the door burst open and three giggling girls stumbled inside, one of which fell flat on her face. Bianca wasn't the faceplant. Emerson's fists clinched and then released with a slow breath. Four steps closer to the tardy model and he leaned into her. Sharp words were exchanged five of which I could make out. It was good because those were the most important ones of the bunch. 'You're released from your contract.'

"What!" Bianca screeched. "You can't fire me!" She threw her head back along with her frizzy hair. Looks like I wasn't the only one caught out in the rain. "I made this agency!"


~O~

Security was called shortly thereafter. It's not pretty when a stoned model loses it. I'm not usually one to judge, but I never really understood why people take illegal drugs, and by illegal I mean anything more than weed. Bianca was coked up so much that she didn't bother to wipe it off her nose. That's what got her fired. There were rumors a year past that she got in trouble and disappeared for about two months. Rehab I assumed. It looked like the rumors were right on the nose. Pun thoroughly intended.

Making myself relatively comfortable while Tanner and Emerson sorted through the aftermath was boring to say the least. I zoned out, thinking about our lost chance with the agency. So much for a raise, exotic location shoots, traveling overseas, a bigger apartment, a car.

Then a flash went off and I blinked away the sudden brightness.

Tanner stood back up from a squat, smiling at me. I looked over at Emerson sitting on a stool in front of the computer where I knew captured images were instantly displayed.

"Hey. What the hell?" I stage whispered at Tanner so the client couldn't overhear.

He just shrugged playfully at me and went over to Emerson. "Can't help the shadows. Bad lighting in the area."

Emerson's eyes were glued to the laptop in front of him for a few moments and then flickered up to me, again sweeping in my entire body.

Oh no.

"Give me a working port in two days. If she's as good as I think she's going to be then you've got the contract for St. Petersburg."

Oh nononono!

I sat up, noticing for the first time that the top couple of button on my blouse had worked themselves loose. Emerson's eyes locked on the exposed skin and then he made his way out the door.

"What did you do!" I accused Tanner.

He totally ignored my question and instead held his hands up in a placating gesture. "How would you like to earn five thousand dollars for three days work in St. Petersburg?"


Author's Note:
Well there you go. All set up. The challenge? What does Mackenzie do: Accept and become a fabulous fashion model? Decline and lose the account? Struggle through acceptance? Take the job, but only for a single shoot? Fall in love with the photographer, the client, the makeup artist? Your choice. Anyone has my permission to continue this story, long or short. Just give credit.

Photo Credit to Irina Sheik

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

another model

and a very nice start.

This is your idea, your

This is your idea, your baby. You run with it.

CaroL

CaroL

Seconded!

And no attempts to pull out, period! Lili, I bet a bridge aganist comment that you already have something in mind!

Faraway

P.S. I accept short ones ;)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Kudos

A very good start and a plausible story line. Good Job Lilith, I look forward to reading more.

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Permission

Andrea Lena's picture

I'm sure someone could do a great job continuing this story, however it plays out. My request, if I may, is actually, can I live the story? This is priceless....a "God, what I wouldn't give to be him" moment. Thank you!

"She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones." Che Dio ti benedica! 'drea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Most unlikely I'd have survived adolescence

I'd have loved to be in that position, though I'd probably have been killed at school.

Interesting story though; let's see where it goes.

Susie

Great

Great start, i hope that someone continues it. Whomever does is going to have at least one reader, me. I can't wait to see where it goes who ever continues it!
Nuke

alt="Katiebigcloset.jpg" />Katie Ariel
K7.jpg

Where have all the flowers gone?

Pete Seeger

I Think She Should Become a Model

jengrl's picture

I think she should become a model and hopefully learns to accept herself for who she is. She actually admits to not being interested in the things that guys do. I think she is just trying to tell herself that she is a guy to please her father and has not really had a chance to see what life as a woman is about. It is kind of strange that her phenotype is supposedly XY but her body is feminine. Could it be that the doctors have missed something? It will be interesting to see. Great start to the story Lilli!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

That's one

One of the extended plots I outlined had her with AIS, but with additional genetic problems that added to her femininity. Give it a shot. Write it like you think it should be.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Stereotyping

Just because he's not into sports and "guy" stuff, does that make him a girl?

No.

No more than it makes someone born female a boy if she doesn't like pink and being girly.

Phenotype is not the same as being chromosomally XY. Phenotype is physical appearance.

It sounds from the descriptions that Mac is a partially androgen insensitive male. Intersexed. Just like 1.7% of the world population. We're a heckuva lot more common than most folks think. Do you know 59 people? If so, there is a high likelihood that you know someone that is intersexed. Take it to the "statistical definite" and if you know 119 people (double the number from 1 in 59 are intersexed, and add one), then you statistically definitely know someone intersexed.

Edeyn

Interesting

I came to the conclusion Max was an XY female. That in her case the
SRY gene broke off the Y chromsome and became part of an X chromosome.
Either way our prenatal state is female and our default state is
female. I believe there is too much internal development for her
to be just partially insensitive. There are also enzymes involved
and environmental pollutants can cause problems. If it were not
for the internal development I would agree with you.

Lillith, This is one of the

Lillith,

This is one of the reasons I love you and the major reason I hate your guts. (said lovingly)

You set up these wonderful stories, that reach into the soul and grab, then you walk away from them like it's nothing. You did it with the whole Fairie Queen series, and now this.

Goddamn you. ;-P
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy
http://i-know-i-know-but.net/

*chuckles*

My apologies, Joy. You should actually see my desktop. Literally littered with half written stories that will probably never see the light of day. I have folders of stories that all I need is a decent ending and they'd be finished, and still they sit. Plot ideas, research meticulously done, including pics, background, outlines, and in most cases opening chapters that are sitting there waiting for my muse to get off her ass and get to work.

Believe me, you don't want the frustration.

But on the happier side, I have about 7000 words of the next FQ finished. Bad news? It's about 14-15,000 words long. Worse news? I came up with two more ideas just today. They'd make fantastic stories. Heart-wrenching, meaningful, tear-jerking, answer to the meaning of life type stories.

But I actually need to finish something first.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Alternate life paths

Hmmm...
How interesting would it be to have several people write a continuation, each exploring a different life path for Mackenzie?

Kris

Reality is a nice concept - but it doesn't hold up to close examination.

Kris

{I leave a trail of Kudos as I browse the site. Be careful where you step!}

My thoughts exactly

I have three different outlines to continue this and every time I sat down to write one of them I thought one of the others was better and drew a blank. *sigh*

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Suggestion

You could also write three totally different continuations and post all of them. Let us see where your imagination can take you. That would be something I haven’t seen you do before.

DJ

Yes, On that Subject

Lili; Yes you have alot of half started stories on several sites!!!! Still love your writting though, and there is only one person who can get them in the right direction that is YOU! Richard

Richard

i'd like to see you continue

amyzing's picture

This is an unusual story (or story setup), inasmuch as "intersex" is more often invoked as the deus (dea?) ex machina, to make everything right and not the protagonist's fault.

I've known several folks with intersex conditions; they don't, as a rule, regard it as a good thing ("mutant" is a common self-appellation, when they're feeling low). This story (or setup) seems much ... better-informed? Or perhaps merely more in tune with folks like those I've encountered. Based on this much of the story, though, I'd read this protagonist as male-gendered, so ... I dunno, I think the most interesting path it might go would be to display that tearing self-hatred, as the protagonist receives accolades for femininity that are increasingly bitter, until mr. t releases the werewolf ....

But I doubt whether such a story would appeal much here, and I know that I couldn't tell it. I'm as guilty of wishing-for-an-excuse as others.

Amy!

Mutant

Even when I'm not feeling low. It is widely known that I am intersex. And yes, it's something I would only wish on someone who was comfortable being between genders, as I am. It's not easy at all. I had to bind my breasts in high school and portray myself as a boy because my family couldn't stand the shame of me developing into a young woman.

Welcome to the Ozarks.

I've come to see being a mutant as a good thing. For one thing, my girlfriend likes my, ah, multifaceted abilities.

But being intersexed is not something great, despite it being used as a good thing here so much (even I've used it as a good thing here, on occasion).

Being Intersexed sucks

there are a few people I know of on this site who are IS, myself being one of them. It's for the most part awful both medically health wise and socially speaking. For the rarest of occasions, there might be less than a handful who have their life go the way a lot of authors write about on this site. That is the reason they are written to have their lives somehow go good, because for the most part, it goes horrible. In RL being IS is somewhat traumatic when known, for the most part causes major health issues and affects your way of living, socially - well we all know that one, and inside your head, you have doubts and problems with self image your whole life.

Its been that way with me, and I am quite sure with most others.

We just have to make the best with the bad hand we have been dealt and not let it set us back. It's not what we leave behind in our lives that matters the most, it's how we lived our lives and how we interacted with others that matters. Caring, sharing, and loving.

Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf
TGLibrary.com

Shaking the Cliche

Yeah, I see that cliche a lot. Having problems determining your sex? Just wait, dress, or take this pill and *poof* you were actually a girl all along! It's a nice fantasy and would be great for a number of people out there, but overall not very realistic. That's why I wanted to to it this way.

It may just be because of what the average person (t-person even) doesn't know about being intersexed. I freely admit that I knew little about it going in to this story, but I did my research. What I found out was that anything could happen when DNA is involved. So, I read some life stories of a few people and this story was a mix of those stories with a little fantasy involved.

Amy, you were closest to what I envisioned ultimately for this story. There would have been a lot of self-hatred, and feelings of betrayal (both internally and externally) which was obviously shown at the beginning. I do like happy endings though, so Mackenzie would have gotten through it being satisfied with her final decision.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Dr Charmian

Look up, "Dr Charmian Quigley Writes to Greer," on the internet
and you will get a complete education. Far better than the single
experience viewpoint of a particular person.

Sliding Doors Concept

Try writing all the different outcomes, and then meld them into one cohesive picture like the film Sliding Doors did.

Good idea edeyn!

I like it - Nobody expects Spanish Inquisition!

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I know the plot

I basically know the plot of the movie, but never saw it. I remember a girl's life changes drastically because of a plot point, missing a train or something like that. Then is shows what wold have happened if she made the train and if she didn't. However, I didn't know the two came together in the end.

It might make a good story.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Several models and stars have um "funny plumbing".

I can't give you names, but I have heard frequent rumors that certain models were either IS or Trans. Of course there are the usual rumors about Sigourney Weaver, and Jamie Lee Curtis. There are a couple more up and comers out here on the west coast who have my most fervent best wishes.

Just this afternoon, I was piteously complaining to a Pakistani friend of mine about how folk like me get treated, and he told me that I needed to do it and I did it. He said it was really pretty normal for people to do that. Because some people in the west just can't get it, does not make our plight any less real.

Were it me, I think I'd go for the modeling and the money. I personally know a woman who was given Testosterone in her youth and in her opinion, it really screwed her.

Khadija

Yeah

Forced testosterone injections screwed me too.

Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf
TGLibrary.com

The product of profound ignorance

I am so sorry for that. I know of a couple other girls who had the same thing happen and it just was not right. All we can hope for is to make it better for those who follow.

Hopefully, one day there will be greater patient involvement in these decisions. Many of us experienced being severely beaten at the first sign of non scripted conduct on the part of a boy. Somehow, the girls who were um manly seemed to squeak by somehow. Though they were under intense presure to act in the correct 50's woman's role.

The newest protocol is not being recieved with out sharp discussion, but many young TG folk will get the chance to forstall sexual development for a while.

As with many of us, I just know that there must be a causation though it may not be revealed in my life time.

Khadija

As long as we are talking of Intersex

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/whats-a-boy-to-do/2009/08/is...

Here is a link to a Youtube um thingie that supposedly shows Lady Gaga's willy. I don't believe it; rather I think she is just ON and using a pad. However, it will lead to all sorts of stuuupid speculation. I am looking at her hips in "Poker Face", and just don't buy anything but XX chromies.

Khadija

I love what she supposedly said about it. "It is not a big deal to me".

As with any suddenly popular celebrity

they try to find something about her that would make it horrible to be a fan of hers, and this is what they came up with. This was debunked a LONG time ago. There are also before and after air-brushing photos that shows the string of a tampon sticking out of the leg of her short-shorts onstage.

She isn't as "sudden" as people think, as she's been in the industry since she was 13, but not as a performer. She wrote a lot of both Britney's and Christina's songs.

She's like a throwback to the days when stars worked their way up to stardom instead of being created by uber-conglomerates. The kind that does shows in dingy smoke-filled clubs to a crowd of 11 and fights to make it to the top. I have a lot of respect for this woman.

She is wonderful

If you look at the lyrics of her songs, Shakira's, Katy Perry's and Taylor Swift's, there is a rich social commentary; sort of the universal lament of women. Are they sexy, over the top and do they make Fundies howl with rage, you bet! It is just wonderful.

Khadija

Back on topic for a bit...

My dear Lilith,

Put your muse through probation and a good class of "Focusing 101" :-P

That said, I'm still completely addicted to your writing style, so don't get rid of her completely. EDIRODDIAA and your other gems deserve their ending.

I liked this story, but it was entirely too short. An appetizer. Is the main course on the way? I'm starving!

:-D


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick looking for someone who doesn't give a damn about her past"


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"

Nachos for the brain

She won't be fired, but I have her tied down with silk ribbons until she gives up on the strike she's putting forth.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

I really love this story.

But I also agree that you started this and it is a very good start too. You ended the first chapter right at the right moment with the right emotions. Now you have to continue this because these are your thoughts, your story pattern, your voice. Nobody can duplicate that. Like When others tried to write their contributions to Texas Gal by Crystal Sprite. They didn't so well because they aren't Crystal. Nobody else can write in your voice.

So please continue this by writing the rest of the chapters yourself, because then the flow from chapter to chapter will be there. This is a very good start, please keep it up.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Minor differences

The difference here is that I don't have hundreds of thousands of words already written. Most of this is just foundation for a challenge. Plus I don't need to add to the number of stories I have outstanding.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Topical

With the recent controversy surrounding that South African athlete this subject is a hot topic right now - I too know of at least one Intersexed person - and she has had terrible health problems - this is a good story, it has humour and intelligence - I suggest continuing it - perhaps following the idea of multiple branches - to me the cards are weighted in favour of Mac choosing to present s a female but who know?

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Total Coincidence and a Name Change!

I've had this idea and the story written so far for about a month and a half, maybe two months, but being a hot topic is true. Ah, here it is. According to my blog where I originally posted this idea, it was July 13 when I started it. Maybe I'm just psychic or well in tune with the fabric of the universe. Yeah, I like that. I'm changing my name to "Oracle". Do I get a superhero suit or maybe a toga?

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

You get a Wheelchair...

And a Batgirl costume - slightly used :).
Oracle is, as I am sure you know the name that Barbara Gordon AKA Batgirl assumed after her tragic accident - well not an accident so much as getting shot by The Joker(Babs was the second person to assume that identity - the first being the niece of Kathy Kane the first Batwoman).
Ms Gordon as The Oracle had no superpowers but had a super advanced computer that could access information anywhere - she used a couple of female crimefighters as her mobile wing of a group called Birds of Prey - you may have seen the TV series.

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Batgirl!

Indeed I did know. Well aren't we a pair of comic geeks, lol! I only saw the second episode of Birds of Prey. It had potential to be good but I heard suffered from bad writing. I also followed the 3rd(?) incarnation, the blind (or was it mute, I forget.) batgirl with the funky outfit. I'll settle for any of the outfits, and of course, the bodies that went with them.

Oh, god... I just got another idea for a story. BAHHHHHH!

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Yaaay

I has Inspirayed the Authoressy personage LOL!
Yeah I liked the TV series quite a lot - they showed it on CNX over here - I miss CNX - it was genius - cool trippy animation during the day, hard hitting drama and Kung Fu movies at night - what's not to love?

And the Batgirls are indeed bodacious :), mind you Black Canary is pretty hot for an older superbabe - she must be about thirty? forty?

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Burst bubbles

Sorry, it didn't pan out. Everything I came up with wound up looking like Batgirl fan fiction, and I like to make up my own stuff nowadays. But I have been pursuing the "List of superhuman features and abilities in fiction" over at Wikipedia and am planning something superhero'ish in the future. It's a neat list if you are having trouble coming up with something original for a character. (link below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superhuman_features_and...

I think Black Canary got retconned and turned into her daughter... or something. So, not so old now.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Great start!

Sharp writing, good set-up; what's not to like? I look forward to future episodes eagerly.

Best wishes, Andrea.

Best wishes, Andrea.

Reminds me of "Mono-Mania"

The challenge you have issued here reminds me of "Mono-Mania" by Ellen Hayes, which has 20 different continuations, some by Ellen, some by others.

Mono -- EEEK!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It's been ages since I read those stories. But the only thing that differs the two is, she got 20 responses. I do have one very good author that I know is responding, but it's a mega long story and not finished yet. Very good so far though. I would never have thought to take it in the direction she is taking it.

There, did I tease enough?

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

A Challenge

I believe her financial state will force her to accept the modeling job.
She already has found the "client" attractive otherwise she would not comment
in a positive way on his appearance. The fact she has an xy chromosome
situation does not make her male. It is the SRy gene that would do that.
And it could break off the y chromosome and become part of an x chromosome.
Plus there are other environmental factors that could cause an xy chromosome
to develop as a female. A female no different than an xx female. We all
start off as females, and hormones, enzymes and other factors turn some
of us into males. When things go wrong in this process the default state of "man"
is female.

I would like to see this story continued. It is has caught my interest and is
the type of story that can have a positive ending. I like endings where things
workout for the subject of the story. Thank you for a good start.

Kaptin Nibbles

Knowing Yourself: A Challenge Please dont kill the story

Loved the story it has a slightly different take on the everyday stories and that makes it a fresh read for me. It lets you see though the eyes of the main character and it started to let me feel for him and simpathize with the position he was thrust into. So I am hanging on a string to continue to read about his adventures. From Christinea Haswell

Knowing Yourself: A Challenge

Why don't YOU continue story?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I Think Were Afraid of The

challenge. That we can never match the original.
But the photo of that beautiful women on your story
calls for more. She is tempting and alluring and I
am sure someone will take up the challenge.

Pop Tarts and Water

For breakfast. No wonder this kid can't put on any weight.