The Girl in Me -15-

Printer-friendly version

longhair2s.jpg

The Girl in Me
CHAPTERS 43-45
 
by Erin Amelia Fletcher

 
Synopsis: Morwen a witty girl, who happens to have once been a boy lives day to day with a rather unique life. She is a Witch and a Gypsy. Lifes never the easiest for Morwen, even with her powers that gives her simplicities in it.
 
 
A smile came to my face, though a frown poured on Nathan's. I took my hand. Put my palm to his chin and raised it and said "turn that frown upside down hun, I have something that will brighten that mood of yours!"

"What can..." replied Nathan before I cut him off.

"I am a witch!"


 
Chapter 43
 
The month went by quiet slowly, I got extra help from the clan with my Fiddle homework practicing. My fencing skills were adapting relatively fast, especially with Nathan there, I know its a little wrong to think but it's funny, It is like the best way to actually get rid of your anger and instill passion at the same time, plus the rigorous activity really helps to keep you thin and makes you extra flexible in some areas. You even learn some amazing defensive moves, like not everything in fencing is done by the sword, sometimes you can do what others say is ‘playing dirty' and that is jabbing, kneeing, elbowing, tripping and so many other things. Our fencing teacher Mr. Montgomery, who is in his late 50's early 60's said "a good fencer is only as good as there wit and defense, that builds the skill and a good swordsman" he changed his final word though from a stare from most of the girls who raised there opinion to "sword-handler" it was okay, but it was fun to be on that side for such an argument.

Peer counseling was great, I had a lot of time to have girl talk, with shy girls. Boys hardly came in at all, guess they don't like to share there problems with us, there loss. We would talk about boyfriend problems, thoughts and actions over committing physical love, teacher problems, home problems, and sometimes personal problems.

My third level training with Aleeda was coming to an end, and she was about to go away back to Kitchener, as the clan was also about to move on. You see Gypsy's can't stay in one place for too long, it's just the way they are that's why they are known as travelers.

Even though Aleeda was leaving she had a smile on her face, I only saw her during the weekend some days for my lessons. She always had a smile, it would fade for a second when she would remind me she was leaving, though that smile would brighten up soon after.
 
 
One day I asked her "Why are you smiling so much lately?"

Aleeda looked at me and then said "Your dad and I are well engaged."

I was speechless, I should have noticed the ring on her finger was not the old one she always wore it was replaced, by a much less pricey one, of course leave a man alone to pick out an engagement ring.

"Eng...engaged! Really, Yay! Since when? When the wedding? Who's your assembly?" I asked like a chatterbox.

"Hold on girl! It was just last month, we haven't set a date yet, though we are thinking to elope around Christmas" replied Aleeda.

"Why elope?" I asked confused.

"A big wedding will remind me of my husband to much, your dad feels the same way thinking bout how your mum and him married years ago" answered Aleeda, glumly.

I thought for a minute not realizing I was talking out loud, don't you just hate that with a fiery passion "Ya! they moved real fast to get married rushed right through it hope the same thing doesn't happen to you."

Aleeda looked at me with a question in her eyes and asked "How long was there engagement for?"

I was stunned figured she was listening to my thoughts. I stuttered it out "about 5 weeks, after 2 weeks of courting."

"Ah well, at least it will beat that, eh!" said Aleeda who seemed slightly concerned "Any ways, when do you plan to get your license sweety, 16 is coming up you have to apply ya know as soon as your 3rd levels are done, then you can sign up for 4th level if you want to advance higher?!"

"Um, I don't know, perhaps sometime after All-Hollows, I was thinking on my anniversary" I replied.

"Anniversary?" asked Aleeda questionably.

"Ya! You know silly, when I first realized who I was inside" I replied excited.

"November 14th right?" asked Aleeda guessing.

"No! Silly, the 16th!" I said cheerfully.

"Ah, a good time it ill be for you" stated Aleeda "Well what's on the agenda for today sweety?"

I opened the book Aleeda gifted to me those few months ago, and went to the next page visible in the book. ‘To find the self's weakness'...
 
 
Close your eyes, picture the brightest white light,
look inside yourself to see your power,
See the possibilities of own self's weakness,
the way one may be killed, harmed, and the single most
way that you specifically are to be able to be terminated
A prophecy has its sight of birth
the weakness can only be seen by that which is prophesised.

 
 
I closed my eyes and pictured the brightest white light. I began to see glimpses; being drowned, burned alive, decapitated. I saw a unique amulet, that looked like a diamond cross form of pentacle within a diamond, I saw daemonic creatures, evil witches and wizards, sorcerers and sorceresses, warlocks. Self sacrifice, protecting my family members, giving up my life for them. Then it was what I had finally seen, a potion with my name on it locked in a pit of chaos a dark black nothingness waiting for when fate would bestow it to the reaper Grim. It was as the tag said Holly, belladonna, mandrake, rose pedals of red, and Leprechaun blood with rose thorns or white.

I came out of my trance in tears, it is hard to see yourself die, to even think of it is like scary but to see it is like the hardest thing besides love to describe.

It clicked then, I am not invincible, and will be a painted target, Derek my alter ego was the first a warning, it tried to get me by relating the part of me that was self sacrificial, it almost got me could have to, though I had a purpose, as long as I have a purpose and destiny I can't be fatally harmed, but once my destiny, my legacy is completed any dark fate may fall upon me. The only thing I know that is part of my destiny now is my daughter, to pass on to her what was past on to me, but is there anything else, what was so important of me that made that great grand mother from 600 or so years ago prophesied me on her death bed. Will I do something great, will I be savor of the world? it's these questions in life that I wish I knew, but perhaps I am not meant to know it, just do it. Maybe knowing it will cause me not to fulfill it. My head was spinning from over thinking.

I looked at the book again and more was becoming visible. ‘A Witch may die purely out of vanquish, for a Witch has immortal blood, as well as human/mortal blood. They/we are unmortal, in the in-between, we can not live forever but our life-span doesn't end purely with age, we have to die when the other side of the balance takes us upon the death of ourselves, it can only be done by another's hands such as that which was shown. Torture may kill too, and any other mortal infliction presented upon us. Our immune system is faster along with our self healing capabilities. We also have diseases and sicknesses that only can happen to our kind, though for that calling a witch doctor is of the highest priority. Self termination is incapable, as it is only mortal in thought, you can never fatally harm yourself, only at another's hands'.

Other pages began to glow underneath with a golden ray of light seaming from each page. I turned the page to find a page of documentation etc, of witch doctors. A page on amulets which showed ones for power enhancing, power blocking, power stealing etc. Pages of demons, warlocks and such, vanquishing potions and spells galore and many others that were of priority and correspondences that were revealed slightly in the lesson, the last page that glowed, said ‘Level 4', I was so surprised, I was now able to move further ahead. I thought I had at least another month of training left, but I guess I was moving faster ahead than I thought.
 
 
Chapter 44
 
"Fergus Harold" I called out from my peer counseling office.

A shy skinny boy wearing a baggy black tattered hoodie sweater and baggy jeans entered my office. His eyes covered by dark sunglasses. Taking his book bag off his shoulder and gently placing it left of his seat on the floor, sitting down rather nervously.

"How are you Fergus, nice name" I said to see if I could get a smile, not getting one from him I asked "So what brings you in today?"

"Um, well I need help?" he replied nervously.

I smiled at the shy boy, but I began to get worried by his nervousness it seemed to reflect fear and hostility, something was definitely bothering the boy, and I wanted to get to the bottom of it. I wasn't used to dealing with boys though so I had my work cut out for me.

"I will help anyway I can, but I don't know what it is that you need help with" I replied.

"I, I-I'm not right, that's what my dad says, he beats me cuz of it, I don't have a mother anymore she died when I was 10..." said Fergus starting to tear up.

I grabbed the Kleenex box off the floor, next to my seat and handed it to him. He rubbed his eyes with it as if he was going to polish the skin right off his eyelids.

"Oh my! I know how it is sweety, my step father just got arrested for doing the same thing to me. No man has any right to hurt a child, all I have to do is Talk to the head counselor and they will handle getting you away from him" I said sympathetically.

Fergus hiccupped "No! I don't want that I love my dad I don't want him to go away like mom! Please don't do that" said the boy in sorrow.

"Okay! Okay, what would you like me to help you with then?" I replied confused.

"Well, you see dad-dy doesn't understand that inside I am not what he thought I was, mom knew and she supported me, we had our moments together as..." said Fergus trailing off realizing he was about to spill the beans to someone he thought would possibly hurt him in some way or another.

It was weird I thought I felt an old feeling, but if it is what I think that feeling is then I would let him tell me himself. He started to look around the room and then asked "Is this room soundproof?"

I nodded "yes, very much so."

"Will you keep a secret if I tell you, tell you something that many especially around here thinks absurd to even think about" asked Fergus tensilely.

"Of course, our sessions are completely confidential. I am your friend poor your heart out, sweety" I replied with a smile to help to calm his nerves.

"Oh! Ok, here it is, inside I am not a boy, I am a girl. Mom called it something once it started with a T-word, but I can't remember it" said the boy weeping in his Kleenex.

"Oh!" I said, it hit home hard, I knew the feeling I didn't know what to say then for some reason, it was like hearing someone say the words you remember so well come out of someone else's mouth like a flash of recollection and dejaview and a few other things combined.

"You must think me a freak, just like my father, he loves to call me names ya know like sissy, and queer and even fairy-boy" Said Fergus, disgusted and humiliated and fearful.

"Oh, um. Sweety it is okay, I won't judge you like him I promise you that, I understand all about it, way more than you can ever believe" I said reassuring him.

"Sure, how could you understand your a girl, a real girl. It is so much more different, you have to hide it, take crap for it, and not trust anyone, and when you do they act like they know everything, like they feel the same feeling been through it themselves and what not" said Fergus rather angrily standing up from the seat, thinking of storming out.

"Fergus I understand you are angry, but believe me, I know what you are going through!" I said trying t persuade him from leaving the room.

"How! How can you know what I am going threw you are a girl, I can see it and so can everyone else!" yelled Fergus.

"Fergus! I do know..." I said when Fergus cut me off.

"You don't know, that's the point no one can..." said Fergus trying not to tear up before I cut him off.

"I know because I was once in the same spot as you Fergus, I-I was once a boy too!" I said raising my voice.

Fergus looked at me and shook his head "You are a damn liar, I tell you. How can you say you were once a boy that's stupid a boy can never look that good as a girl, not in a million years" said Fergus in disbelief.

"I was, my name at that time was Derek Joseph Fletcher, I lived in Kitchener before I came here" I said.

"Sure!" he said "And I suppose you are going to tell me your a witch to then right?!"

"Well as a matter of fact..." I said trailing off thinking to end it there.

Fergus shook his head in disbelief, then he said "Well if you are then show me some magic, come on lets see some hookus pookus!"

"Fine if it will get you to believe me then watch and watch carefully" I said.

I pointed my hand at the his sunglasses at his face a foot or two away from him, my hand looking like it was going to steal the sunglasses right off his face, and then I pulled back, the telekinetic energy pulled the glasses off of him and zipped fast right to me hand that was used for the cast.

"NO SHIT! Holy mother of pearl, what was that, that is some creepy, oh my god! No FUCKING way, this isn't real oh no, god damn it how did you do that?!" stated Fergus dumbstruck.

"I told you didn't I" I replied.

"Well ya but, holy shit that just ain't possible, it was a parlor trick or something, cause that is just, oh my god, it can't...This is just crazy it is" said Fergus he finally sat down his eyes looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"For one thing if you are going to be a lady, you better start talking like one, it isn't right to talk with a filthy mouth unless during an absolute need, most definitely not in company of others" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh well, I don't know, shit..sorry that all just scared me ya know couldn't help it" replied Fergus, trying to get around to the fact that magical abilities are above all, a very part of the universe.

I tried to break the ice, and with a smile I asked, "So what name do you go by, you know your girl's name?"

Fergus looked at me and with a change of expression on his face, who seemed to glow at the question and started to form a smile said "Felicity!"

"That's a pretty name, how did that name come about?" I asked with a confirming smile.

"Mom picked it, she said it was the name she had picked for me before I was born if I had been born a girl" answered Fergus.

I looked at Fergus with a smile, holding back tears. I asked "Do you want to be a girl, and give up being a boy to everyone"

Fergus looked at me scared yet slightly confused "I don't know, I think so, but I am afraid. I know daddy won't let me. The others here at school won't let me, they'd probably set me to the asylum or something!"
 
 
I looked at him and said "I will protect you with every ounce of my power sweety, what I showed you was minimal of the minimal that I can do, I just finished my third level training, I can even effect some forms of weather, so trust me if they hurt you they will have to answer to me!"

Fergus looked at me like ‘sure you can make things fly, but the weather, come on!' knowing his thoughts I closed my eyes and in the windows behind me the sky turned dark from its light blue that it was earlier, the clouds that were white turned a darkened grey. The clear sky with nice weather turned depressing, it rained and thunder hit the grounds and sparked the sky. Fergus's eyes grew wide again, then I released the enchanted weather and sky and set it back as it was.

Opening my eyes I was at a near loss of energy, feeling drained and tired. That amount of magick was exhausting, which of course is why I don't do that enchantment often, I was tired. I did not let on though that I was tired, Fergus needed my help and I would give it to him.

"Well Felicity, believe me now!" I stated knowing full well, he was both frightened and excited at the same time by what he had seen.

"Hell ya!" replied Fergus in his mind.

"Young ladies, must speak proper. Rough words such as those are reserved only for grand situations of negative involvement" I said, looking at the clock "Oh my, our time is done, I want you to see me after school tomorrow, I will have a surprise for you ok!"

"Oh! Ok, where?" said Fergus.

"Meet me outside room 219 at 4:30" I replied

"Okay see you then, bye" replied Fergus smiling nodding his head trying to burn it into his brain.

"Good! See you tomorrow" I said and Fergus left giddy with an inability of suppressing his excitement, though he was wondering ‘Was she reading my mind? Na, can't have, but who cares!'
 
 
Chapter 45
 
I left just after the meeting with Felicity/Fergus, my superior Ms. Lynor wanted to know how everything went, and I just said "Fine!" and left with a smile.

The rest of the night I did my homework, ate dinner and had a nap for a couple of hours. I woke up by the sound of mum's voice.

"Morwen!" yelled mum again up the stairs.

"Um, um! Ya" I said waking up.

"Nathan is on the phone" replied mum up the stairs.

"Coming down!" I said running out of my room.

I ran down the stairs and took the phone from mum saying "Thank you mum, I got it now thanks."

"Hi Nathan, nice to hear your voice" I said over the phone sweetly.

"Hi to you too, are you still coming over to do our project tonight or should I come over there?" asked Nathan.

"What project?" I asked, because I couldn't remember.

"Our home-ec project...supposed to make a loaf of bread of some kind and present it to the class tomorrow" replied Nathan a little temper mental.

"Oh right, that. I completely forgot, ya why don't you come over here. Sorry, I fell asleep. When can you be here for?" I said in a rush.

"Oh ah! A couple of minutes I suppose" replied Nathan, who sounded more sure than he should have.

"A couple of minutes! How can you be here in a couple of minutes. It's a five minute drive from town!?" I stated questionably.

"Oh, well. I don't, damn. Okay Morwen we have to talk, see you in a minute or so!" stated Nathan.

I went to the Kitchen to get set up, before I opened the fridge I heard I crackling sound of electric current coming from the backyard. I looked at the window and saw nothing, going back to work setting things up, I hear a knocking at the door. I set things that are in my arms down on the marble counter, and head for the door.

Mum has beaten me to it and opened it up, welcoming Nathan into the house.

"Hi Nathan my dear boy, how are you?" asked mum.

"Okay ma'am, how about yourself" replied Nathan.

"Fine, and fat" mum replied with a humorous smile.

I walked into the foyer to join the lot. Mum left to leave Nathan and I alone.

"Can we go someplace private, we need to talk before we get to work" said Nathan.

"Sure, lets go to the garden out back" I said ushering Nathan along through the kitchen out the back door.

"Can't we go somewhere more private?" asked Nathan looking at the house next-door.

"Fine, lets go to my room then. Mum's probably sleeping again by now" I replied, retracing our steps and then up the stairs into my room closing the door along the way.

"So what is it that is so important?" I asked rather nerved.

Nathan looked at me like hell was going to break loose and said "you won't believe me if I tell you but..."

I cut him off right there and said "I will believe anything you tell me, trust me there are things I can tell you that will make your head do a 360..."

"Same here, but I love you so much I don't want to loose you and telling you this secret will cause just that" replied Nathan almost tear stricken.

"Nothing that is of deep secret you can tell me that will make me leave you, just as I hope the same for you when I tell you mine" I said, comforting him.

"You, you keep secrets from me?" replied Nathan a little peeved.

"Yes, though mines pretty big ones!" I replied.

"Well if we both have big secrets why don't we tell them, or at least one at a time to each other" suggested Nathan.

I thought for a moment, the idea seemed reasonable however felt scary divulging them all tonight. Just typical, isn't there enough drama in me life.

"You go first then!" I stated.

"Fine!" replied Nathan "I-I am a-a w-w-wizard!"

A smile came to my face, though a frown poured on Nathan's. I took my hand. Put my palm to his chin and raised it and said "turn that frown upside down hun, I have something that will brighten that mood of yours!"

"What can..." replied Nathan before I cut him off.

"I am a witch!"

"And you are the answers to my prayers" I said "I thought when Aleeda gave me the whole magical mating speech she was referring to a definite that you were mortal but your not mortal, this whole time" I began to cry, from happiness.

"The laws are a bitch for witches. I know, mother used to go on about it all the time before she was finished off" replied Nathan with a smile on his face and sorrow in his voice.

"Was your mother a witch, too?" I asked sniffling.

"Yes! Was as the right word, she died giving birth to my sister" stated Nathan dreadfully.

"I'm so sorry sweety. I didn't know you could die from that with our immune systems" I said sympathetically.

"You can't, she was already mortal, before that" stated Nathan "A mortal man raped her when I was 9, he turned into a warlock and she lost her powers. Thankfully my sister wasn't born, it was the man's child that raped mum, she would have been born as a warlock too"

I cried with him and comforted him even more. "Is your dad magical, he must be right, for you to have been born and your mum to have kept her powers till you were 9" I asked.

"Dad! Never knew him, the man I call and feel to be my father is my mother's best friend's husband, his Alice, died trying to hunt down the warlock that stole mums powers and caused her death" answered Nathan hatefully thinking about the warlock "mum did however say my father was a shaman ‘witch-doctor', so I suppose yes, his name was Gordon Smite. Mum originally named me Damian Alexander Smite. However when mum died and I went to live with the Barton's my whole name was changed to protect me from the warlock in case he came after me" continued Nathan "I promised that before I turn marry I would one way or another avenge there deaths, and I will!"

Nathan was strong his tears began to stop and he tensed up ready for a fight, his muscles rippling under my hands.

"What was you mother's name?" I asked.

"Camilla Marian Kavanagh" answered Nathan.

"Hmm, interesting you know. I had a prophecy of my future daughter and the name Camilla stuck in my head when thinking of names for her, I just love that name. Her name was going to be the first and second name of your mothers, maybe it was more like clairvoyance, it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes" I said giving him a meek hug with one arm with my head on his shoulder.

"So what are your other secrets Morwen?" asked Nathan breaking away from the topic at hand.

"Okay the one isn't as bad as you may find the other but be open okay hun" I replied.

"You know I will be, what are they?" replied Nathan open heartedly.

"I am a gypsy" I replied excitedly.

"A gypsy, that's nothing sweety, my great grandparents were gypsy's on my mothers side, the Gilgrane Clan, a mixture of both Irish and Romanian Gypsy's, I don't mind it one bit" replied Nathan "So what's the last one?"

I began to cry, "Oh please don't hate me for this, please" I said.

"I can never hate you, what is it sweety you can tell me anything, once our secrets are out we can have a fully trustworthy longstanding relationship, we will be able to handle anything" stated Nathan comforting and reassuring me.

I looked into his eyes from his shoulder looking at me and said "Okay here it goes..." behind my tears I began to tell him.


 

To Be Continued...
up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Please remember to comment

I always look forwards to comments, and hope that everyone would leave one.

Look forward to hear form you's

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Morwen Is Showing

To be a wise young lady, yet still gets surprised by her lover.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Somehow, I Think Nathan Will Be Fine

jengrl's picture

Somehow, I think Nathan will be fine with Morwen telling her other secret. He has obviously seen a lot of things in his young life. Great story Erin!

Hugs,

Jen

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Thanks for commenting

I really appreciate it

Hugs and smiles

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Confusion

"A mortal man raped her when I was 9, he turned into a warlock and she lost her powers. Thankfully my sister wasn't born, it was the man's child that raped mum, she would have been born as a warlock too"

Eh? As written, that seems to indicate Nathan's mum was raped twice - once by a mortal man (who became a warlock as a result), the second time by the man's child. Or was that passage intended to mean something else?

Otherwise, the story's coming on nicely - when Nathan used a transportation potion to travel to Morwen's, I suspected that it he would reveal he was magical - but having both witch and gypsy roots as well, it's almost as though they were (pre?)destined to meet each other...
 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!