Not What You Expected -1-

Printer-friendly version
NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED
By Joannebarbarella

Another-Lesbian-Lover-for-Angelina-2.jpg
Sometimes there is a law of (un)intended consequences.

............

I was sitting at the make-up table in the bedroom applying a last coat of lip-gloss when I caught a glimpse of movement beyond the glare of the lights surrounding the mirror. I swiveled the chair and rose to my feet in one movement, facing the door.

My wife was standing in the doorway.

I felt the blood drain from my face and the lipstick fell from my suddenly nerveless fingers.

“What the hell are you doing?” she demanded.

I tried to speak but only managed a strangled gargle as I struggled for breath, and then I did what many other girls would have done under such circumstances. I fainted.

…………

Bloody airlines! Why do you give them your contact numbers if they don’t call and tell you the flight will be delayed? An hour’s trip to the airport, to find out there are “Mechanical Problems” and the plane will be seven hours late, leaving a choice between waiting there or an hour’s drive home. So here I am, back where I started, over two-and-a-half hours later and not in the best of moods, but it beats waiting at the airport.

I was on my way to spend a week or so with my mum and sister in Sydney. My husband and I had just finished our most recent job and I thought I’d earned a short break while he tidied up the loose ends. We renovate and redecorate apartments for a living, so we have a flexible schedule once we have completed an assignment. To be truthful, it’s as much a hobby as anything. Neither of us actually needs the money, although money is always nice.

I saw his car was still in the garage when I pulled in. Maybe I could surprise him and we could have an interlude back in bed to while away the hours until I went to the plane again. A salacious grin crossed my face. Our sex-life is pretty good.

I drove into the garage and parked, closing the car-door quietly and slipping in through the connecting door to the laundry. A quick look into the kitchen, lounge, dining-room and office established that he wasn’t downstairs.

I went into the office, closed the door and rang my mum to let her know I would be late. I didn’t want her worrying or ringing up when we were otherwise engaged. There is nothing more ardour-quenching than a phone-call when you are close to climax. Talking to my mum on the phone is always a marathon event. She can talk underwater.

With that out of the way I slipped off my shoes and quietly went upstairs. The first place I looked was our bedroom. It was fitted out with an ensuite bathroom, walk-in wardrobes and a dressing area as well as a king-size bed. I thought he might be taking a shower or getting dressed.

I stopped in the doorway and saw a strange woman sitting at my make-up table putting on her face. She became aware of me and spun around, rising to her feet at the same time. There was a look of absolute terror on her face. I suddenly realized she was my husband!

I stepped forward and he swooned into my arms. I caught him and half-dragged him over to the bed.

……………

I must have been out of it for several minutes. When I woke up she was leaning over me.

“You have some explaining to do,” she said.

Answer a question with a question when you don’t know what to say next.

“What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be on your way to Sydney.”

“Obviously I’m not and I can see you didn’t expect me home. Now, enough! Explain.”

When you’re caught red-handed, or in my case, red-lipped, you have little choice but to throw yourself on the mercy of the court. I sighed, heart fluttering, and prepared for my life to drastically change for the worse.

“What do you know about transsexuals?” I asked her. Another question.

“Quite a lot actually. No intelligent person can not have seen some of the shows on TV or have read about it in magazines or papers. I know they’re not gay. In fact, I’m pretty sure I know you’re not gay. Either that or you’re a bloody good actor in bed, and I can’t believe that. Anyway, keep going.”

“Well, that’s what I am. I’m a transsexual. I’m a girl in a man’s body.”

She just looked at me for several seconds, her face expressionless. I couldn’t tell what she was thinking.

“How long have you known? How long have you been doing this?” waving her hand up and down my body, indicating the unmistakably female attire that I was wearing.

“I first remember feeling wrong when I was about ten and I started dressing in my mother’s clothes when I was eleven. After that the feelings just got stronger and stronger. Every opportunity I got I dressed as a girl and I knew that was the way I was meant to be.”

“Yes. I can tell it’s not your first time. You look very nice, and that means practice. Of course I could make you look much better. Those eyebrows for a start! So what were you going to do today?”

“Just go to the city and walk around and feel good.” I smiled weakly. “Normally, dressing like this relaxes me, although I don’t feel relaxed right now.”

“What about the rest of the time I was going to be away?”

“More of the same. I just planned to enjoy being who I really am.”

“I don’t get it. If you want to be a girl why did you marry me?”

“Because I love you.”

“Good answer, but it doesn’t tell me what I want to know. Why didn’t you go looking for a man?”

“It seems sexuality has little to do with gender. I’ve never been remotely attracted to men. You are everything I always wanted in a girl. You’re intelligent, talented, elegant, funny and beautiful. I adored you from the first moment I met you and you seemed to return my love, and I think we’re great in bed, too.”

She leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek. “You put that very nicely, but I don’t want to spoil your make-up. Get up and we’ll go down and have a cup of coffee and continue this conversation.”

We went down to the kitchen, with her walking behind me. I could feel her eyes checking me out. I couldn’t help but put a little extra sway in my walk and try to be at my most graceful and poised descending the stairs in my heels, feeling the nylons on my legs and my skirt swishing around my legs. As usual, I tried to imagine I was her, Catherine, because, besides loving her I admired everything about her.

Since this was probably my swan-song I wanted to go out as proudly as possible. They say confession is good for the soul and now I had confessed I felt relieved after a fashion, even though it was just the calm before the storm, and I was sick to my stomach at the thought of our marriage ending.

“You make the coffee. You do it better than me,” she ordered, and sat down on one of the stools in the breakfast nook, watching me.

……………

When I had laid him on the bed, I stood back and looked at him. When the initial shock had abated I examined (her?) properly. I could see my husband in there, but only with difficulty. I had great trouble thinking of the figure on the bed as (him?). She actually looked very pretty. She had chosen an obviously expensive honey-blonde chin-length wig, which framed her face nicely. Hoop earrings peeped out from beneath it. They must be clip-ons I thought. Her eyebrows needed a fair bit of work. Of course, if she had shaped them properly it would have been a dead give-away.

She had done a nice job on her eyes; well blended shades of shadow; nice long eyelashes with black mascara and eye-liner to match, tastefully done. She had used a bit too much foundation and powder, in reaction to her maleness I suppose; she had finished off with a coral-pink lipstick coated with a clear gloss, giving her a lovely shiny finish, perhaps a little bright for daytime, but nothing an attractive girl couldn’t get away with.

She was wearing a plain white top with some lace trimming, short-sleeved with a modest vee-neck. I could see the suggestion of her bra through the silky material, not too daring, but visible all the same. I squeezed one of her breasts and it felt real. Breast forms then, so definitely not her first time out.

Her skirt was black, flared from the waist to her knees, and with a frilly hem which I reckoned would swish nicely when she walked. I would have to borrow it at an appropriate time. Her nylons were black but sheer. I wondered why I hadn’t noticed her shaved legs before, or maybe she did them this morning; and all finished off with a pair of classic black pumps with three-inch heels.

All-in-all a conservative outfit which wouldn’t attract too much attention, but looked casually elegant. If I hadn’t known who she was I wouldn’t have given her a second glance in the street or in the Ladies, except for a quick once-over of admiration. It was a nicely chosen outfit, plain but feminine.

How was I going to handle it? I needed to know his motivations. I didn’t think he was gay. Our sex-life was too good for that.

I sat and thought about all this while he was still unconscious. He didn’t look like a drag-queen. There was nothing outrageous about him. The whole effect was understated; he was trying to pass, not stand out in a crowd, or make an impression.

So what did it all mean? What was this going to do to our marriage? We had been married for a little over a year, and it had been a very good year. We were a bit of an unusual match. I was twenty-nine and he was twenty-four. We both came from well-off families. I had met him at an exhibition on renovation and redecoration techniques. He had come across as smart and talented without that sometimes “gay” attitude you encounter in the trade. He had made me laugh with some of his observations and we had hit it off immediately.

His expertise was in remodeling things like kitchens and bathrooms, while I specialized in colours and fabrics and upholstery. We seemed to make a perfect team. It was only a few months before we got engaged and a few more before we wed. My mum was a bit anti because he was younger than me and his was anti because I was older, but we both put an effort into winning them over, and it seemed to work.

And here I was sitting on the bed and seeing my husband dressed very nicely as a woman. He started to come around and I determined to be as cool, calm and collected as I could possibly be.

……………

I moved around the kitchen self-consciously while I made the coffee. I really tried to be as feminine as possible. I don’t know why, but it seemed to be really important to me. I wanted her to see me as I felt, a girl, not a man in a dress, even if it turned out to be for the first and last time. When it had perked I poured a cup for each of us and carried it over and then brought sugar and milk on a separate tray with tongs and spoons, doing it properly.

I sat on another of the stools, demurely pulling my skirt beneath me when I sat. I smiled at her nervously.

“One lump or two?” picking up the tongs and using my girly voice.

“Two as usual, of course, Tom. You know that. It doesn’t feel right calling you Tom when you’re dressed like this. Do you have a girl’s name?”

I blushed madly. All my secrets were going to come out today.

“I call myself Catherine.”

“Well, I suppose I should feel flattered, but we can’t have two Catherines around here. I’m going to call you ……let me see…..Tammy?.....No, doesn’t feel right…..Tanya…..for now, at least until we sort this out.”

I put sugar and milk in my coffee, stirred it, but I couldn’t pick the cup up. My hands were shaking so much I would have spilled it. Funny. I had carried the cups over to the counter all right. I suppose I could feel crunch-time coming.

“OK, tell me again why you didn’t tell me all this before we got married.”

“Oh, Cathy, you can’t imagine the shame and guilt that goes with this. I’ve hidden it for years, all through school and afterwards. I moved into my own flat as soon as I could and dressed after work and at weekends, but I dared not let anybody know. I’m a real coward.

“Then, when I met you, I fell madly in love with you and the more I got to know you I knew I had to spend the rest of my life with you. I just couldn’t take the risk of you rejecting me, and I promised myself I would stop doing all this and be a proper man for you. I just knew you would hate me if you found out about this.”

“But you couldn’t resist?”

I shook my head miserably. “No, I couldn’t. I have to do it.”

“What if I asked you to promise never to dress as a woman again?”

“Darling, look at me now. How could I make a promise like that in all honesty? Would you believe me if I said I wouldn’t?” The tears ran down my face as I saw our marriage ending.

She began to laugh. She roared with laughter, while I gaped at her in amazement, sitting there stunned. It took a couple of minutes for her to stop and wipe her eyes.

…………

I couldn’t help myself. The incongruity and serendipity of the situation!

……………

“Now we both look like pandas,” she said. “Before we do anything else, let’s both fix our faces.”

She grabbed my arm and led us both into the downstairs bathroom, where she repaired my make-up before she did her own. She gave my hair a quick brush and inspected the lie of my top, settling the sleeves a little.

“There, now we look respectable, so let’s go and sit down. You may need to.”

My stomach lurched, expecting the worst.

We went into the lounge and took an armchair each. I was beginning to get used to being dressed as a woman in front of her.

“I think it’s time for a little honesty in this marriage. There are things I haven’t told you either. When I met you I was just coming out of a lesbian relationship. I guess I’m bi. I loved you from the moment I met you, but it wasn’t because you were big and macho. You weren’t. You said you loved me because I was talented, elegant, funny and beautiful. Well, I didn’t think of you as beautiful or elegant, but clever, talented, funny, caring, sweet, yes. And now I’m looking at someone who is elegant and beautiful too.”

I stared at her. I had trouble believing what I heard.

“I sometimes have wet dreams about finding a woman with a cock. Tell me, what do you think about when we make love?”

“I imagine that I’m a beautiful woman making love to a beautiful woman.”

“If you had told me about yourself before we got married I would have rushed you off your feet to the altar before you got away. Tell me, have you tried on my wedding dress? I know you really loved it.”

“No, but I really wanted to. I just wasn’t game.”

“Well, I’m going to get you your own, and we’ll get pictures taken with both of us in wedding gowns.”

I started crying again.

“Tanya, you’re hopeless. How many times am I going to have to repair your make-up?”

I shook my head. I couldn’t speak. She got up from her chair and came over and hugged me.

“Mind you, there are going to be a few changes. Do you promise to obey me in all things?”

“Yes. I do.”

“Right. One. You are never to dress in male clothing again. Do you agree?”

“Oh, yes.”

“Two. You know how I hate housework. You’re going to have to be my maid, OK?”

We kissed deeply, bugger the make-up.

“Tell me. How many pairs of shoes do you have?”

“Just two. These and a pair of white sandals.”

She looked horrified.

“How can you say you’re a girl when you only have two pairs of shoes? God, you’re going to need a lot of work.”

I giggled helplessly.

……………

I said we were in the redecoration and renovation business. It looked like I’d just got my biggest project.

Do I continue or not??

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I was just about to comment

I was just about to comment on the format, but when it came back up with the comment box it was all fixed! Now I don't have anything to complain about... ;) Seriously, though, this is a lovely story. Well done!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED

joannebarbarella: This sounds like the begining of a good story. That is my comment! Richard

Richard

Give it a roll

This could be a fun story

write more

more please it seems to be going pretty well and i would like to see what happens

Great start

I like the set up and there are definitely losts of possibilities with this story. Keep writing.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Lovely!

Well done Joanne,

I loved the way you have written the story and hope that we can have more.

Hugs
Sue

NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED, I'll Say

Makes a great short story that can be expanded into a seriess. I will not say what to do, because as an author, the story is your baby. I'm OK, either way.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Yes of course

You should continue. That's really an interesting start. We were wondering what would happen, and this is just lovely. I still think this went a bit too far a bit too fast, does this really happens in real life?

And about the maid thing, I hope it's not going to be too heavy, or I won't be able to continue reading. I don't know what a lot of people find fascinating about maids, I really prefer normal people with normal relationships. In some stories, the maid just turns up to be a slave, and I don't really like it. Hope i'll find it good here.

Now that I told you to write your story, I should continue on my own :) Anyways ...

:)

Mildred

Couldn't have said it better myself

And about the maid thing, I hope it's not going to be too heavy, or I won't be able to continue reading. I don't know what a lot of people find fascinating about maids, I really prefer normal people with normal relationships. In some stories, the maid just turns up to be a slave, and I don't really like it.

I hadn't gotten around to reading this bit when Part 2 showed up just now. Seeing the maid bit has me very nervous, even though there is no femdom tag. When the wife starts issuing orders I get ready to bolt.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

I only like stories abut normal people

laika's picture

Gee I dunno, they sound normal to me. Then again I'm a bit of a sub myself. The mild D/s elements in your stories (& the recurrent maid roleplay theme) are always shown to have a lot of LOVE behind them and never get really gnarly or ugly. Very sweet tale.
~~~hugs, LAIKA

(Just saw glenda jackson in Jean Genet's THE MAIDS- now that was twisted!)

Lovely story,

Lovely story to a point, but the “Two. You know how I hate housework. You’re going to have to be my maid, OK?” line did it in. I see marriage as a two way street and when dom/sub games come in, then it ceases to be a partnership; love is not over who is the boss, it is about what one would give up for the other. Don't get me wrong, you are a great author, but that one little line destroyed the love, at least for me; it went over a line I don't care for. That said, please do continue, not for me, but for others that love this kind of story, because, though you can't please everyone, your writing brings pleasure to several here at BCTS. By the way, like the title said, it was not what I expected
Hugs,
Diana

ps maybe this is why our marriage has survived longer than ALL our friends' marriages?

Not what i expected

I read your story purely by chance when i spotted the comment by SueBrown. For some reason i clicked on the title and Lo and Behold i found a story what really caught my attention. I enjoyed it very much. This is the firt story i have read of yours, as normally i look at the category first before deciding if i am going to read the story. But this time iread the story without doing this. I i hope you exapnd on the story
Huggs

ELIZA

P.s I am going back to your stories to see what i have missed


ELIZA

To answer your question

Yes, please continue. I must admit to a slight pause at the maid line myself, but can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Marlisa

No one else can tell you best how to be yourself

No one else can tell you best how to be yourself

I like the story right up to

I like the story right up to the "obey me in all things" comment. When that comes out, I instantly get a feeling of domination and that just turns me off. I will, however, wait for the next chapter, if one comes, as I do want to see how all this ends up. J-Lynn

This is a terrific story and

This is a terrific story and I loved the way it was constructed. The writing is beautifully done and your descriptions of style, dress, and makeup are vivid and realistic. So much so, that I could almost taste Tanya's lip-gloss or luxuriate in the rasp of her sheer nylons brushing against her flared skirt with the frilly hem.

Further, you have skillfully included all sorts of options within the plot; thus, you can take it in any direction that you want. The dominance that Cathy is subtly or not so subtly asserting over Tanya, depending upon your viewpoint, doesn't bother me. Hey this is fantasy and this is fiction. (In other words, don't take things too seriously!) Moreover, in a real life situation where the husband is caught cross-dressing by his wife, I suspect that most wives would enjoy the implied leverage that it gave them in their relationship.

In any event, please continue this wonderful tale. You may number me among your readership regardless of which option you select.

Sincerely,

Ginger Collins

Please put in some cliffhangers

I love your style; the dialogue feels natural and has just the right level of wit - Anything wittier and it would be a "higher plane" comedy, and I don't see this going there. So please continue.

Just make sure you put enough conflict in there to keep it interesting. Dream fulfillment is fun, but if everything in a story answers the question "Whats the best that could happen" it will get boring after a while.

Oh, and please put in some cliffhangers. I love cliffhangers.

- Moni

What a delightful pair!

...But Cathy surely is going to have to learn to tone things down, while Tanya (Remember where the name came from?) is going to have to jazz matters up from time to time. Otherwise I wouldn't see them staying together. Maybe this is something Cathy has to get out of her system before she can come down to earth and deal with everyday reality. (Can't believe she'd for long appreciate a wet-rag husband who immediately kowtows to all her requirements, although she certainly does have the upper hand as the "discoverer" at the moment.)

Joannebarbarella, you have dreamed up a most interesting and attractive couple. Long may they populate this site and keep us amused with their various shenanigans (just a suspicion.)!!

"Do I continue or not??"

Please, Miss, Yes! More would be nice.

-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Expect the story to continue

RAMI

This is the start of a great story, and I expect that you will continue with all the praise you have received.

That being said, I hope the domination and maid storyline does not get to be too much the central part of the story, and not too extreme.

RAMI

RAMI

love story's rule

thank you for this cute start of a wonderful love story with so much and so many way to go forth please do more I would love to read more

No Expectations

terrynaut's picture

I didn't try to predict the ending. I just soaked up the words like the greedy sponge I am.

This is quite a dream come true, isn't it. Wow.

I think it stands quite well on its own but I'd like to see some snapshot stories of their life together. I'm especially keen on seeing Tanya settling in. It would be interesting to see how their families take the news too. Since Tanya will remain in feminine clothing, it would be hard to hide.

Thanks very much for this story. It's well-written and quite entertaining. I'm not sure if I can call it my favorite in the contest but it's up there. I voted for it.

- Terry

Why, Oh Why?

...did it have to end on a femme-dom note? I was loving it right up to the submissive, maid, obey-me-in-all-things declaration. Aside from everything else, it seems so out of character for these two people, who have been equal, loving, responsible partners in so many ways.

This is not to say that they're still not loving partners and that their newly-adopted D/S relationship won't further reinforce that. It just seems out of the blue, as far as the rest of the story goes, at least in my reading.

Anyway, other than that one clanger, I thought it was a wonderful tale. If you decide to follow on, I think it should be a new story with the same characters, and not just a continuation of the first one. This story feels complete to me the way it is, but I wouldn't mind seeing the characters again.

Now, you know what I'm going to say

Hi Joanna.
My life was pretty much along the lines of what you wrote there.
Except the tail.
You're going to be my maid???? Unless there's a lot of money in the kitty it's not an easy option.
Well my wife was more practical than that and we just continued to be partners both out earning brass - oh and of course my wife isn't gay.
The shortness of the story requires a solid ending so I'll forgive you this once.:)
Oddly enough, I showed my wife I had a feminine side when we were first married and told her that I had occasionally to do the cross dress thing to stay sane.
I didn't actually transition till we were married 20 years - now we're married nearly 29 years (October).
But then you knew that... I told you ages ago!

This is great

I like it, keep it up please?

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Every girl's dream !

Do you continue or not ?!? Gad, you must know the answer without even asking. You're taking the piss aren't you?

That or you have been looking into my own head for my whole life. I almost always imagined myself as a woman being ravaged by a huge furry warrior when I was married. Squish me, hurt me, make me scream, OH YEAH !

Should you continue? IS A PIGS ASS PORK !?!

Bad girl Khadija

I can see why...

... this is one of drea's favourites.....It's bound to become one of mine! Beautiful writing, with a niice stylistic twist; two views of the same scenes! Brilliant!
Love Ginger xx

Do it Again

Not until the next time.
I love stories with happy starts, happy middle bits and happy endings. You have the first part nailed down.
Big hugs
Symphony