Drabble Theatre: You are gay, aren't you?

Printer-friendly version

“Mom, dad, there’s something I have to tell you. I don’t quite know where to start…” Mark sat nervously on his chair, his parents on the couch across him. Though his parents seemed relaxed he felt like it was the inquisition.

Dad spoke up first, “Don’t worry son, I think we already know what you want to tell us. You are gay aren’t you? It’s okay, we have no problem with it. That’s what you wanted to tell us right?”

Mark fidgeted a bit before answering, “Uhm, well… yes… that too. I would like you to meet my lover, Alice.”

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

ROTFLMAO

I didn't see that one coming, but it left me on the floor laughing my butt off. Two thumbs up for this story!

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue

I wish it always went that well

Cute!
I thought it was going to be a version of this urban myth that has gone around a few times; good chaos is all in the timing:

Shared with us by a USAir pilot, this tale sounded too good to be true and is, according to airline officials who describe it as another urban myth. (A West Coast version has it as a United flight.) Seems a USAir employee with the last name of Gay was flying on a company pass.
Mr. Gay found a man in his seat and sat elsewhere. Since the plane turned out to be overbooked, a ticket agent approached the man in Mr. Gay's assigned seat and asked "Are you Gay?" When the bewildered man nodded that he was gay, the agent said, "Well, get your things, you'll have to get off.
The real Mr. Gay overheard and quickly interrupted, "I'm Gay." The agent told him he'd have to leave the plane at which another passenger, observing this whole scene, announced defiantly, "I'm gay, too. Heck, you can't throw us all off."

Wow!

Less than a hundred words to convey so much. Very well done.

Susie

Hilarious

Loved it. A Great way to break it in to the parents without actually saying it!


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick looking for someone who doesn't give a damn about her past"


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"

Good one!

Beautiful!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Hilarious!

laika's picture

Sums up her situation so nicely, but probably over the parent's head at this point, and a lot of readers too, if this was printed, say, in READER'S DIGEST & not here.
(I send all my t.g. drabbles to them, so far they're not interested...)
~~~hugs, Laika

Drabble Theatre: You are gay, aren't you?

Guess she surprised them.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Confused

Daphne Xu's picture

I think I'm the only one confused about the punch line of this story. Is he gay, but with an original female lover? Gay with a trans-female lover? A transgendered lesbian?

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

Clarification

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Is he gay, but with an original female lover? Gay with a trans-female lover? A transgendered lesbian?

Yes.