You Asked For This

Printer-friendly version

One of my girlfriends told me one day, that she would rather be a guy. When I asked her why, she just said because guys have it way easier. They don't have to keep their legs together, they don't have to have periods, they can't get pregnant, and they can pee standing next to any tree or bush. She even said that being a girl was like living a curse.

You Asked For This
by Barbara Lynn Terry

Chapter I - The wish comes true.

One of my girlfriends told me one day, that she would rather be a guy. When I asked her why, she just said because guys have it way easier. They don't have to keep their legs together, they don't have to have periods, they can't get pregnant, and they can pee standing next to any tree or bush. She even said that being a girl was like living a curse.

"Alicia, I think being a girl is fabulous. I mean, look what your bodies are so capable of doing. So you have to take the bad with the good. If I could somehow magically be a girl right now, there isn't anything I wouldn't rather be."

"But you don't have to wear dresses and skirts, and keep your knees together while wearing one; you don't have to worry about whether your period is going to show up early, or late. You don't have to buy pads, you don't have to worry about shaving your underarms and legs so you look smooth all over. We have to worry about all of that."

"But Alicia, is being a girl so bad that you would give up your entire life just to be a guy?"

"Yes!!!"

She started crying and I held her until she stopped. I looked in her eyes.

"Alicia, if it is any help, I would want nothing more than to be a girl. Girls have it so much nicer in the world. I wouldn't even mind the whistles from guys."

"Do you really mean what you just said?"

"Yes," I said still holding onto to her.

"Then lie back on my bed, and close your eyes. Think to yourself that there is nothing better than being a girl. A pretty girl, who has friends, a nice boyfriend, beautiful auburn hair, no blemishes, and a sweet, sing-song voice. Think deep inside your mind about being a girl, and keep thinking that way until I tell you to stop.

"You are a girl, feminine, pretty, gentle, and well-mannered. Now open your eyes, and tell me how you feel."

When I opened my eyes I saw my body looking down at me and smiling. Then I heard my own voice ask me how I felt.

"How do you feel Alicia?"

"No, but you're Alicia. How come I can see me when I am supposed to be me?"

"You are Alicia now, and I hope that your wish to be a girl is all you think it will be. What has just happened is that we have switched bodies. I am now Kenneth James Long, and you are my girlfriend Alicia Strom. The spell is not reversible either, so we are stuck as each other for the rest of our lives."

"What spell?"

"Oh, just a spell I bought at a very odd arcane shop. It was filled with different books on the shelves about turning your lover into a frog. But I chose to turn you into me because you keep saying things about how easy and nicer it is being a girl. Well dear Alicia, you have your wish. I had better move to the chair, before your dad comes in and sees me on your bed."

"So let me understand this then," I was saying as he moved to the chair. "You went and got a spell that would change our bodies with each other to see how the other half lives?"

"No. To be each other for the rest of our lives. It said in the spell that to try and reverse it could be fatal for both parties. So my dear girlfriend, you are now Alicia and I am now Kenny. The only difference being is that we will retain our memories for a short period, say about three months, and then our memories will be what we make of them from then on. You know about my family and my sisters and brother, and I know about your family too, so we should have no problem adapting to each other's lives.

"So what do you think, girlfriend? Is this something you have always wanted to be?"

"Well, yeah, kinda. I just wish you would have let me in on it, instead of making it a total surprise."

"Are you angry with me, for doing this?"

"No Kenny, I'm not," I said with a beaming smile. "The only problem is, we can't use the restrooms together any more." We both giggled, and then my dad decided it was time to tell Kenny to go home. We hugged and kissed, and he said he would see me in the morning on the way to school. He left and I went downstairs to have dinner. Mom made a really good dinner tonight. Roast beef in gravy, peas, french fries, and milk for us children, and coffee for my parents. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert.

After dinner was over, I got the weirdest look from my mom. "What's wrong, mom?"

"Since when do you help me clean up after dinner? I mean, not that I am complaining, but you have been acting weird all through dinner. Did Kenny propose to you?"

"Mom I am only fourteen, Kenny is a month younger than me, and we have been going steady for almost a year now."

"Well I just wanted to make sure you're not an alien clone, or something."

If you only knew mother, if you only knew.

It was time to go to bed all too soon, and I gave mom and daddy a kiss and a hug.

"All right young lady, who are you and what have you done with my daughter?"

"Oh mother," I said almost bouncing up the stairs

Chapter II - Alicia in school.

I woke up to the sun shining in my big window. I looked around to see where I was, because the scenery wasn't familiar. Then I remembered that Alicia and I had switched bodies and I was now her, in her house. I got up and the long flowing nightgown shimmied down my body and the electric impulses I felt almost knocked me over. Okay girl, think. What do girls do when they get ready for the day. I know they take a bubble bath, but I don't have time for that this morning. I know, I will take a shower. I looked around her room for anything that could be used in the shower. I saw a bar of lilac scented soap. I sniffed it, and decided I would use that. I showered and used the lilac soap. When I was finished, I patted down, and then took off my shower cap. Alicia must have washed her hair before meeting me, because it was still very silky feeling.

I wrapped the towel around me female style, and walked to my room. My brother just happened to come out of his room, and whistle.

"You little creep, you don't whistle at your own sister. People will think you're touched in the head."

"Alicia's got boobies, Alicia's got boobies," he said wiggling his rear end back and forth. I chased him back in his room and went to get dressed. Alicia told me she locked her bedroom door when she got dressed. So I locked the door, and thought that is a good thing to do. Especially with perverts like my brother around. My brother was only nine years old and a big pain in the ass; my two sisters were identical twins and they were going on twelve. Since they were already in junior high school, we walked together until they turned to go the one block to their school. The senior high school was only a few more blocks, so we had a lot of fun.

As we were walking, Kenny came up to us.

"Hey girls, mind if I join you?"

"No, the more the merrier. Hi Kenny," my sisters said together.

"So how was your night, Alicia?"

"Interesting."

"Mine too."

"Come on Sherry, the lovers want to be alone." That's when the twins had to turn off to go to their school.

"Alicia, I need to teach you how to apply your makeup, and put your hair in a feminine pony tail."

"What's wrong with the pony tail I have now?"

"It's too low, too masculine. I also see you didn't put on any earrings or necklaces, but I do love that lilac scent. Here, I didn't realize I had these with me." She put the cubic zerconia heart shaped earrings in my ears, and then said tomorrow I was to wear a necklace. "Remember now, you are Alicia, and everything in that room is yours. So wear it."

"This is still new to me, and it will take me a little time. After dinner I helped clean up, and your moth---my mother wanted to know if I was a alien clone or something. Then I gave each one a hug and a kiss good night, and mom asked me who was I and what did I do with her daughter. If she only knew.

"That's for sure. She'd have a whole herd instead of just one cow. Then she'd faint. But other than that the whole thing went well?"

"Yes. Robbie was doing his impression of a pervert."

"Oh, the Alicia's got boobies thing? Yes, well he is only nine, and we just kinda ignore him. I'll...I mean, you just chase him back in his room, and he settles down. He is the actual reason I locked my bedroom door when I was getting dressed."

"I did that this morning."

"Good, that way he can't open the door and peek in. Oh we're at school. Now remember girlfriend, you are Alicia, and you have to act like Alicia.

As we walked on to the playground, every guy that wanted me for their girlfriemd whistled. When I was still Kenny I didn't mind it so much, because if she was .... I was that attractive, I should be proud. And I was really. We got to our lockers and I didn't have any trouble there, as many times as I have opened Alicia's ... my locker in the past. Our lockers were right next to each other's and we got our books out, and went to class. Kenny and I were in the same classes, so we were always together. The difference is that today I had home ec, and Kenny had gym. But they were a few classes away yet. Our first class was U.S. history. We were studying the attack on Pearl Harbor. As the class continued, I was asked several questions. When our teacher Miss Patterson asked what was the date of the attack, Kenny raised his hand and was actually ignored. I raised my hand, and I was called on.

"Kenny, please tell Miss Patterson the answer to her question."

"Listen here young lady, I called on you, not that upstart you call a boyfriend."

"Kenneth is not an upstart Miss Patterson. He is decent, kind, and gentle and most boys could actually take a lesson by the way Kenneth acts. Now Miss Patterson, Kenneth had his hand up first, and you completely ignored him. Let him answer the question."

"All right, Kenneth what is the date of the attack on Pearl Harbor?"

"It was early Sunday morning, December 7, 1941. Bombers of the Japanese navy flew over Pearl Harbor, Ohau, Hawaii and bombed navy, and army barracks and ships, as well as planes and runways. Several people died both military and civilian."

"Ye-yes, uhm that was good Kenneth. Thank you." Miss Patterson was looking at Kenny with a puzzled look.

What I didn't say about Kenneth, my former self, is that as Kenneth I was considered the class clown, and was never taken very seriously. Not that I was dumb as Kennth, I did get good grades, mostly A's and B+, but was the class cutup. But that was about to change, because Kenneth will now pay more attention, and get better grades. When we met, it was Miss Patterson's idea that Alicia be my tutor to bring my grades up. Since then I have been getting good grades, but still not taken seriously.

After history, Jimmy Higgins stopped me in the hall and asked me on a date.

"I'm sorry Jimmy, but I have a date; with my boyfriend."

"Awww come on now, Kenny isn't a real boyfriend, is he? He's just someone you feel sorry for." I slapped him right across his mouth.

"At least, Jimmy, Kenny has respect, and manners. You don't even know what those are. Now Kenny is my real boyfriend, and if you say one more thing about him, I will let him know." One thing I did know as Kenny was how to fight. From what I have seen of Kenny now I have now doubt he can take care of himself. His muscles are strong, and he has a good sense of right and wrong. I may be Alicia now, and this is where I actually want to be, but if Kenny needs any help while I still have all of my memories, I will definitely help. But I don't see that happening.

The rest of the morning was uneventful, and I met up with Kenny in the lunch line. He was coming from gym and I was coming from home ec. I must have shown pain on my face, because Kenny asked me what was wrong.

"I have my period, and I need a Mydol."

"Do you still think that being a girl is worth the pain, the bloating, and the mood swings?"

"Yes Kenneth, I certainly do."

"You're braver than I am. I don't think I could ever be a girl. Too many pains to go through."

"But they are necessary pains though."

"If you say so. Just remember you asked for this, and now it is for the rest of your life."

After lunch we headed for geometry, and we were both good in this class. My life has taken a turn for the better, and yes, I did ask for this.

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Serial chapter

How about labeling this as a serial chapter instead of a short story.

I can't help but wonder if "Kenny" will come to regret the switch.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

This is a stand alone short

This is a stand alone short story with a moral. Can you "see" the moral of this story?

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Would have sworn

I would have sworn there was a "To be continued" at the bottom of this when I read it yesterday. I was a bit disappointed to see it, as I'd chosen the story because it was complete rather than a continuing story.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

i saw the "to be continued"

i saw the "to be continued" yesterday as well :( was looking forward to reading more.

Jackie D

A bit on the nasty side ...

... to spring a permanent life changing spell on Kenny without warning him first. It's a good thing he wasn't mistaken about wanting to be a she, because his life could have gone south WAY fast.

As for a moral ... it looks to be something like "the grass really IS greener on the other side." *grin*

Randalynn

Okay I am only going to say this once more.

You Asked For This is a stand alone short story about a girl who is unhappy in her gender, and goes out to find something that will change her life for the better. There is a moral to this story, and I am waiting to see if you all can "see" this moral or not. One other thing too. I will be the one to say if my stories will be stand alones or serial chapters. Right now I am working on 3 books simultaeously, so I don't have time to continue, continue, continue.

You Asked For This was an idea that popped into my head and I just had to finalize the plot. So ppl, what IS the moral?

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

to be continued

Hi to all,

I am Jenna From FL and I am a new moderator helping out Sephrena and Erin out with the website. I was the person that added the "to be continued" at the bottom of the story. This was done after reading the story and only seeing one chapter in the story so I added it at the bottom and reorganized the teaser to match the other stories at the site.

I apologize for confusing everyone but I am still new to the editing and moderating on this site, I am bound to make more mistakes so if you have any more problems or questions just please let me know or Sephrena know.

Hugs,

Jenna From FL
Moderator In Training
Topshelf BigCloset

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.

Any mistakes that Jenna or Shannon make


Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf
    ... are ultimately my responsibility. I am training them and it will take awhile before they get the feel for what to do and how to do it. I coach them as they come across problems that they are not sure what to do about. This was another one of those instances. So Barbara, I do apologize for the confusion that was caused. I will strive to do better and have them more aware of how to edit more carefully.
 
 
 
 
 
 

to be continued...

...in private. No moutains out of mole-hills.

Here's a moral for you

Don't jump to conclusions and jump down people's throats, before you know what all has transpired. All I knew was what I read.

to be continued

Submitted by jennaFL on Wed, 2009/06/24 - 7:56am.
Hi to all,

I sm Jenna From FL and I am a new moderator helping out Sephrena and Erin out with the website. I was the person that added the "to be continued" at the bottom of the story. This was done after reading the story and only seeing one chapter in the story so I added it at the bottom and reorganized the teaser to match the other stories at the site.

I apologize for confusing everyone but I am still new to the editing and moderating on this site, I am bound to make more mistakes so if you have any more problems or questions just please let me know or Sephrena know.

Hugs,

Jenna From FL
Moderator In Training
Topshelf BigCloset

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

The moral?

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

You Asked For This was an idea that popped into my head and I just had to finalize the plot. So ppl, what IS the moral?

Don’t feed the bears!

Now If Only

A Trans girl could switch bodies with a trans boy as was done her in real life

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thank you Stan

I agree with what you said...if only. LOL. And Sephrena yes, the moral is what you said, and before we make life changing decisions, we should be very careful that that is what we want, because once we start there is no turning back, regardless of who says otherwise. Thank you all for your comments. :P

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Serial or not. . .

serial or not, I enjoyed this. When you have time later in life, I think it would be interesting to continue this. I would have liked to have seen Kenneth struggling a bit in his day as well; maybe in dialog between classes or at lunch. Other than that, it was a pleasing SHORT story to read.

A.A.

IF

and that is a very big IF, I ever do continue this, it will be a long time because of my writing. Like I said I am working on 3 books simultaneously and they take up a lot of my time. I haven't even had time to write the next chapter in What Mother Didn't Know. You Asked For This was something I had been working on and may even be turned into another book. I'm not sure yet. I have too many pokers in the fire and only 2 hands.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

this is a very lovely little story

i loved it. It was just beautiful, a perfect outcome. none of them had any problems with the outcome.

Neighbour's lawn.

As is known - at on a neighbour's lawn a grass is more green. The story - the next confirmation of this axiom.

the last six words

laika's picture

make for a powerful ending. So yes, this neat little tale does seem like it's complete (in light of this, is the moral "Sometimes you just luck out"?);
but being greedy i could always go for a sequel one of these days...
~~~hugs, Laika

Forgot about this quiet gem, Barbara

Looks like I didn't comment at the time.

Sweet story.

I agree with Randalynn this could have been a dark story in that Alicia used the irreversible spell without asking him first. If he had not truly been female in his soul the whole swap could have gone south very fast. As it develops we see it was done not only for the former girl's sake but out of her love/concern for the former boy who like her felt trapped as the wrong sex. They had known each other for a year or more as she was tutoring him so they knew each other's secrets.IE it was done at least as much out of love as for selfish reasons. This way their respective families didn't lose a child and they each got the body they wanted. We even have romance at the end.

I did a somewhat similar magic story where the swap, actually one of two magical sex changes, not swaps, was even more involuntary but eventually turns out well but after some considerable heartbreak. Other's here have done body swaps/sex changes where the outcome is either bitter sweet or even tragic. Karen_J has a very good bittersweet one posted here.

Belated bravo, Barbara.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. About your unfortunate first name ...

Stop hitting me, sis !

John in Wauwatosa

What makes you think girls

What makes you think girls can't pee standing up?
I know it's messy, and ends up all over your shoes if you aren't careful - but it is nowhere near impossible.

The only thing I can't do is write my name in the snow

sure you can...

you just can't do it in your OWN pee. :)

you asked for this

That was an amazing story to bad things like that can't happen for real

Girls rule