Kelly's Journey *Chapter 21 * Surgery

Printer-friendly version
Kelly's Journey
Chapter 21: Surgery
By Stanman63

Edited By Nora Adrienne with Special Thanks To Terry Naut
and to Heather Rose Brown for the Illustration!

  
Three_Friends.jpg

Synopsis: Kelly discovers that Johnny is there for her surgery that finally turns her into a woman, and is there for her as she recovers from it. Yet he leaves before he can claim her physically which causes her to wonder about their Love because she wanted to consummate their Love.

Then Johnny gets hurt,and Kelly rushes to him, where she learns that she finally can control her passion for him. Upon awakening, Johnny confesses why he has stayed away since the betrayal, and confesses his love for her.


 
After that, I was scheduled for my final surgery. It was a month later, just after I had graduated from college. I now had my degree in counseling, yet, I couldn't counsel myself about my mixed feelings over my impending surgery.

Was I right to alter my body so drastically? Once done, there was no turning back. My real concern was over whether or not God Himself approved. So far, He had supported me in my journey, but I hadn't broached the subject of actually taking away the last part of me that was Kelly boy.

Was Linden correct after all? Is transitioning your sex against God's Will? Does God send you to Hell for being a girl in a boys body? Or was Pastor Patrick right? Does God accept us and love us even though we are so different? And why are we different? Why are there people like me? These questions weighed upon my heart that night, So I took two sleeping pills with my diet soda and went to sleep, hoping to find my answers.

I dreamed that I went to Heaven. I saw my daddy there, sitting upon a boulder as he was holding a red rose. He smiled as he saw me in my Tinkerbell costume once again, but now it fit my adult body.

"Come here, my daughter.You are truly a most beautiful rose," he said as he handed me the rose.

"Thanks daddy, Auntie Debbie has called me a rose, now you do too. Does this mean that God is OK with me transitioning?" I asked as I sat by him.

He smiled as he held me as if I was a child, holding me securely, "Why do you ask? Do you not want to???"

I pouted, "Yes daddy, I do, but ever since the wedding, the old fears have returned. I am still afraid that if I transition, that I'll be an abomination as linden says."

Then, I saw Jesus appear before us, "My Child, you have been given a Choice as to who you shall be! For you, as for my other children who wish to transition, it is NOT an abomination to transition. The only abomination is preventing you or anyone else from transitioning."

"What of those who are forced to transition?"

"Oh Kelly, those children are truly wronged! For them, I offer Grace to live. The true abomination then are those that hurt my children."

"Oh! Just as you told us in the Golden Rule to treat others as we wish to be treated."

"Yes My Child! Now do not worry, you shall be Blessed as you have Blessed others."

Then I awoke and found a single red rose in my hand. After I put it in a vase, I went to sleep. And that same red rose still lives today. I know that it was from Heaven. I have placed fallen petals from it in the soil of other roses and plants, only to find the soil enriched and the plants bursting with health. Any weeds or pests shriveled up and died.
 

*          *          *

 
I met everybody down at the hanger where Mister Woods Corporate Jet awaited us. It was a Cessna Citation 'X' with an additional engine atop the fuselage. It is a supersonic jet capable of Mach 1.5. Mister Woods bought it when his business went nationwide and learned how to pilot it along with the rest of the family.

Its cockpit is big enough for a pilot and copilot, with a small, efficient kitchenette on the starboard (right) side behind the copilots seat next to the cockpit. The gangway is behind the pilot. Then there is seating for six people on each side with the lavatories in the rear next to the cargo hold. Behind that are the fuel tanks connected to the engines and access-way to the engines with additional fuel storage under the passengers between the wings.
 

*          *          *

 
"Kelly, are you afraid to fly?" asked Momma Woods. ['She looks like a frightened rabbit.']

I sighed, "Yeah! Even though I've flown before, I am having the 'Jitters' about the surgery. I guess that it's because after the surgery, there's no going back." ['If only My Johnny were here.']

Poppa Woods hugged me, "And you want Johnny here with you, right?" ['Johnny, please be there for her, you have our Osprey with you.']

I kissed him on the cheek, "Yeah, but I must do this for me! I can't wait for him," I sighed. ['Are you happy there My Johnny? Away from me?']

My sister stomped her foot, "My brother is stupid for not being here for you." ['I can't believe that he's not here.']

I heard a titter, "Now, now, now Julie, that boy did defend her honor against linden," admonished momma. [Oh Johnny, don't let her down.']

"Momma, THAT'S why I am wondering why he is not here. We have since reconciled, and are now Bestest Friends as we were when younger. I was kinda hoping to resurrect the Musketeers, But I guess not," I sighed.

"Kelly, you can still have the Three Musketeers, just replace Johny with Mark." ['Those kids had fun as the Musketeers too.']

I sighed, "It's NOT the same, Granny! Besides, I want FOUR Musketeers. There were four, you know." ['Yet, I still can't help seeing us as Musketeers. Our friendship has withstood the test of time.']

Grandpa shook his head, "Lizzie Jane, could anybody replace Brian in our Hearts after that attack, other than Debbie?"

"No Joe, and you're right! Brian became Debbie, so why would Kelly accept Mark as Johnny's replacement?"

"Exactly momma, Just as there's no one to replace my Stu." ['One dad, My Love, we will be together again.']

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm boarding. If they want to be there, they have the Osprey," I sighed as I boarded the jet.

After we boarded, we took of and winged our way to Erin's clinic where I would be transformed. Below me, the land blurred into the sea as we winged our way to the island. During this time, I was writing down my Journey into my diary. I'd been doing this ever since I was able to write, and had transferred my diary to a a compact disk.

I decided to keep a diary after daddy had died. Now I know that you're thinking a kid so young can't write, but I can remember and draw.And when I put my earlier thoughts to pen and paper, I looked at my drawings.

Soon, I would no longer be a boy at all. I had already dealt with any angst over losing those body parts, now I was ready to become the woman that I was inside. And this would have never have become reality if not for that first time in a dress.
 

*          *          *

 
What I did not know at the time was that there was meeting in the cockpit about me that would reveal the depths of Love for me.

Poppa Woods entered the cockpit, and settled into the pilot's seat, "Dad, is Kelly alright?" ['Why can't I be strong?']

He looked at his son, and smiled broadly, "Yes, she's doing fine. I knew that you would be there, but not on board." ['My son has finally grown up! I'd get up to hug him, but I must get us up in the air.']

Johnny smiled, "I'm glad, dad. I want for her to be happy." ['But can I, especially after my betrayal?']

"Why don't you go back, and let her know that you're here?" ['My son is still scared of hurting her, even after their reconciliation.']

Johnny hung his head in shame, "I can't dad! I don't want to give her any hope to quash if I chicken out. I've hurt her too much already." ['Why am I still fearing her? Is my Love for her not strong enough?']

Poppa Woods finished the safety checks, "Tower, this is Woods Air 1, requesting permission to lift off." ['Oh my Son, soon you will be whole, I hope. You are almost there.']

"This is the Tower, permission granted, use the North Strip."

"Thank you Tower, lifting off."

Poppa Woods expertly taxied to the runway, and lifted us up into the wild blue yonder. then he banked left to gently change headings to wing our way to the island clinic. He set the speed to mach 1.5, and activated the autopilot.

Johnny looked at his dad, "Daddy, how can I be true to my Love for Kelly if I am afraid?"

"Johnny, you have been hurt as well. You need to seek your healing as Kelly has hers. Until then, you will not be ready for her." ['He's still dealing with his listening to linden. Even now, that bastard is causing grief! Will we ever be free of him?']

He smiled, "Daddy, THAT'S why I'm here, I need to be here to see Kelly go through with the surgery. Until then, I must stay hidden." ['Now I am ready, Daddy gave voice to my fear. I WILL be ready for her now, but not for marrying. At least, not now.']

"OK then, I'll take us there, that way, nobody else will know that you're here."

"Thanks dad! Good thing that there's a mini bar here. Otherwise, you'd have to go back to the kitchen, or have something brought up," he chuckled as he extracted two sodas from the bar, and two granola bars from the mini bar.

"Anytime Son, just be there for Kelly." ['Now he's ready.']

"Don't worry, I will be."
 

*          *          *

 

I felt someone sit by me, "Kelly, you look like you're miles away." ['And with good reason too. She's embarking upon a totally new life.']

I looked at her, "What? Oh, it's you, momma. Yes, I was thinking about everything that I've been through to this point. There's a lot to ponder," I smiled. ['Too bad I can't give her any grandchildren, but I lost that ability long ago.']

She passed me a tissue, "Such as? There's a lot to think about, my daughter." ['Kelly has certainly changed from the simple, fun loving child that she was, now, she's showing signs of the woman that she's becoming.']

I sighed, "Like the fact that this all started when I dressed as Tinkerbell for Halloween, when I was four. And that before that, I was wearing Julie's tops, and shorts too."

"Do you blame Lynn for your being Tinkerbell?" ['At first, I did, but now I know that she blames herself for that. But if not for that, our lives would be far different.']

"No way momma! I chose to be Tinkerbell. I could have been some one else, but I chose to be a girl." ['Now I make a very sexy Tink.']

"Well, I think that you were curious about wearing a dress. You were wearing girl's clothing, and wondered about the undies and hose." ['I know that Brian did, and it led him into being Debbie.']

Then a weird thought came to me, "Momma, did Daddy ever wear a dress?"

She tittered,"Yes, he did. When he was a freshman in high school, he dressed as a cheerleader for the Pep Rally. But Brian hid his clothes so that Stu stayed in girl mode all day."

I put my hand to my mouth, "Oh My! I bet that Daddy was furious at Auntie Debbie too, I giggled.

"Actually, your dad laughed about it. He thought that Brian had set him up, but good. And it also gave him insight into why Brian wanted to be Debbie." [Oh Stu,you were always our protector. Only you could get through to dad about Brian.']

"Was this before Uncle Brian's attack on Halloween, when he became Aunt Debbie?" ['WOW! I never knew this about Daddy! And, it somehow fits with what I know about him, but...']

She sighed,"Yes, it was. Stu almost went after linden then, but your grandfather, and then Detective Branch prevailed upon him, and Stu entered the Police Academy while they sent linden packing. Unfortunately, linden escaped, and left the district."

"Yeah, I know. And that bastard is still at large it seems. [sigh] Is that why Daddy was so understanding about me?"

She placed a hand on mine, "Yes, Stu was always open minded. It was to him that Brian first opened up to about wanting to be Debbie. He accepted Brian being Debbie, and helped your grandfather to accept Debbie too. But, until he actually wore a dress, he couldn't fathom Brian's angst."

"It's too bad that Johnny didn't wear a dress. If he had, maybe he'd know what I feel," I sighed.

"Well, in a way he does, Kelly." ['Guess that she forgot about it.']

"Oh? I don't remember him wearing a dress or hose. Are you pranking me?"

"No, Kelly. You simply forgot about him being Peter Pan."

Then I slapped my forehead, "NOW I remember! He did look cute then, and if his hair was longer, he'd have made a cute Patricia Pan," I giggled.

"That, he did. But even though he did wear what was basically a dress and tights, he never saw it as him wearing a dress as you did when you wore the Tinkerbell costume."

"Yeah, [sniff] That was when I began to see myself as Kelly girl."

Granny sat down as Momma got up, "Thinking about your journey, eh? Well, it's been quite a ride for you. Me, I knew that you'd have this trip to make one day." ['My son, Brian did, and I saw the same need in Kelly.']

I looked over at Aunt Debbie,"What exactly did you see in my then Uncle Brian? Is there some language that we share?"

"No, you both shared a primal need to be a woman. In her case, it was awakened in her early teens, instead of when she was a toddler, like you."

"You know, she's the only girl like me that I've met. I've met some lesbians, and gays, and cross dressers in the shop, but none like us."

She patted mt hand, "That's because your Aunt Debbie wanted to keep you safe from harm."

I was shocked, "But why? Why would meeting them be harmful to me?" ['is my Auntie crazy? Or is there a reason?']

"Kell, these customers have been hurt by linden. Some are physically scared for life by him and his cronies."

"Oh! And because of what I went through, she believes that seeing them would cause me grief because I had despaired," I sighed. ['Amazing! even now, she protects me. To her, I am her daughter.']

"Yes, Kelly. She is afraid that seeing them will cause you to lose your happiness, and despair. Please don't get mad at her for wanting to protect you, nor me for letting you know."

I giggled, "Don't worry, Granny. I'm not mad at all. I just wonder where they've been going ever since Auntie has left me the shop?"

"Ever since then, they've been keeping a eye on you, and have sent your Aunt any orders via the internet."

I blushed, "Internet, huh? So, that's why I kept on having to send out stuff in the van, or rather, you did. But why keep an eye n me? I'm nothing special."

"Kelly, YOU may not think that you're special, but, others do. Your family does. And these people see you as what they wish that they could be." ['Will she accept her new role, or reject it as too much?']

"But why me? Why not one of them?"

"Because you have overcome everything that has happened to you. They have been scarred in mind, and body. They need you as a symbol of what they can possibly be!"

I sighed, "Then let them meet me in public, and the store. THAT way, we can get to know each other, and I can help them with counseling too."

She smiled, "Are you sure about this, Kelly?" ['Yes, she has accepted them, and has become their champion.']

I placed my hand on hers, "Very sure, Granny. Now, please go and get Aunt Debbie, we have something to discuss."

"OK, Kelly, she's on her way, right now." she said, pointing behind me, and getting up.

Kell, I hear that you want to talk to me. May I sit down?"

I motioned with my hand, Be my guest, Auntie."

She smiled as she sat down, "No doubt your wondering about the store, and with good reason." ['I know that I'd wonder.']

"Yeah, why couldn't you trust me about seeing them? I've gotten over the despair already."

She looked sheepishly at me, "Kell, I was dreadfully afraid for you. But in reality, I was seeing myself in you. I was thinking about how I'd react if it was me. I never thought about the fact that you are stronger than I was. Can you forgive me?"

I hugged her, "Auntie, need you even ask? You've done nothing wrong. You were in your own way, protecting me. Now, how can I be mad? i just want to meet them now, that's all."

"You know that they think the world of you."

"Yes, I do. That's why I can more easily help them with counseling. I take it that they don't really trust people, right?"

"Yeah, that's why I hope that you'll try to counsel them."

"No, Auntie, I won't try to counsel them.'

"Oh! OK, I was hoping that you would," she pouted.

I giggled, Aunt Debbie."

She looked at me in disgust, "Yes Kelly?" ['Why is she giggling? This is NOT like her!']

"Please don't pout, that's MY forte."

"But you won't help them!" she spat.

"Auntie, I won't TRY to help. I WILL help them."

Then she tittered, and pointed at me, "Touche, Kelly! I should have known that you were pranking me. But even though I heard you giggle, all that I listened to was you saying 'no'."

"Auntie, I will do my best to help them. They've been hurt long enough. It's high time that they unlearn their fear. Besides, Pastor Patrick, and Father Downing both will welcome them into the Church."

She got up and buckled my seatbelt, "OK, looks as if it's time to land
 

*          *          *

 
When I woke up from the surgery the first time, All that I felt was pain, then I felt a strong, warm and vital hand holding mine. Who could it be? Most everybody had to return to the Mainland and work. Then all of my fears and doubts left me, replaced by the JOY that I was now complete and He was with me! I was foggy with pain until I felt a warm, strong hand holding mine. I smelled his musky, sweetness as he sat by my bed."Hello beautiful."

"Welcome back Kelly, My Dream Girl. I am here for you."

"Thank you Johnny My Love. Now my Joy is complete."

Then I went back to sleep, my pain strangely gone. I slept for several days while my body healed up from the surgery, and the swelling went down. Day by day, the area reduced in swelling, and the drainage reduced until finally it was a healthy pink, and no longer pained me.

I would awaken briefly throughout my healing to find my family and friends were there with Johnny. He was always there. Then finally, my healing sleep was over and except for a dull soreness, everything was alright.

I herd a chuckle, "Who is that?" ['Is that My Johnny?']

I felt a hand on my forehead, "Welcome to Life Kelly Girl! Welcome to Life My Dream Girl!" ['Now my doubts and fears are gone, yet I dare not allow myself to Love her until I have totally purged myself of all my bitterness and self hatred.']

I kissed his hand, "Thanks Johnny, but I thought that I was the Girl of Your Dreams. Which am I?"

He laughed, "That you are My Love. But now your my Dream Girl. Before, you were the Girl of My Dreams. Now that you are truly Kelly Girl, you are my Dream Girl."

I pouted, "Why can't I be BOTH?"

He caressed my lips with his, "You're right, Kelly. You are Both."

"I love you." [Kelly is now a complete woman. What little bit there was of the boy is gone now. I hid the fact that my college was starting late so that I could surprise her. Seeing her now as a woman has reminded me of her inner strength that never faltered, unlike me. Now I know why she is and will always be my Dream Girl. But will she take me back or have I lost her forever?]

Doctor Erin came in, "How are you doing, Kelly?"

"A bit sore, but other than that, I'm alright, I guess."

"That's good. You actually were asleep for most of your healing. Most of the swelling has gone down, want to take a look?"

"Sure! I want to see how my new plumbing turned out," I giggled. ['Will Johnny want to test it out?']

"Is it OK for Johnny to see it too?" ['She'll be glad to here my news, no doubt.']

I took hold of his hand, "Yes, it's OK for him to see. Johny is My Love! I did this for me to be a complete woman, but Johnny is my Guy." ['And only he gets to see! Only he has that right with him soon to marry me.']

Johnny caressed my face with his other hand, "Kelly, after what all that we have been through, for me to see you displayed is way more than I ever expected. Are you sure about this?" ['Because I'm not.']

I kissed his hand, "Very sure, Johnny."

"OK. I'm ready," he sighed.

Erin gently undid the bandages and as the air hit the area, the oxygen awakened the sleeping nerves, causing a tingling until the vaginal area was met, then shards of pain went out, causing me to gasp in response.

My best friend had come to be with me. He knows that I am now a woman. What started off as a Halloween tradition has become my life and joy. The journey that I took has been filled with many pitfalls as I arrived at this place, but now I have a final journey to make.

Johnny was there during my recovery time and kept watch over me as I healed up. He helped to change the pads and dressings and held me as I slept. He was taking his classes via the internet during this time and when I was finally ready, he left for college. It was near Christmas when I got a call from Julie. We had kept in touch and I had been her Maid Of Honor when she married Mark. Mark treated like I was his kid sister and when he found out about my secret, he accepted me completely.
 

*          *          *

 
It was just after my twenty-first birthday that I got terrible news. I was still living with my grandparents and about to start my career as a counselor for the trans-gendered at the Tri-County Counseling Center. I had won my position as Head Counselor due to my grades and the confidence that my teachers had in me.

I had just come in after a hard day, "Kelly,[sniff,sniff] I have bad news," [sniff,sniff] she wept. ['She still loves Johny, yet denies it in her heart. Will she declare her Love THIS time?']

I dropped my purse as I saw My Johnny hurt, "What's wrong Granny? Please not my Johnny!!" ['Please LORD! Let me tell him that I LOVE him!']

She hugged me as my knees went weak, "Johnny is hurt. [sniff, sniff] We don't know if he will survive the night," she cried.

Then my heart grew hot as my Love was rekindled, "I will be right there. My Johnny will know that I love him before he dies if I have anything to say about it!"[OH GOD, please keep my Johnny safe.]

Then Aunt Debbie came in with Grandpa, "What's wrong Kelly? You look as if your heart was ripped out." ['Only Johnny could do this to her.']

"Johnny's been hurt!! I have to go to him before he dies!!" ['If he dies not knowing, it will be my fault.']

She grabbed up her keys, "Then Ill drive you, you're in no condition to drive." ['Lord, Please let me get her there safely.']

"It's a good thing that I gassed up your new Mustang then. No need to stop for gas on the way." ['Lord, be with them.']

I hugged Grandpa, "Thanks Grandpa, that's one less burden to bear."

Granny handed us both a one liter Diet Coke and bag of chips, "Here, you two will need these."
 

*          *          *

 
Aunt Debbie and I were soon making 120M.P.H. as we tore up the freeway. About halfway there, we were pulled over by Constable Sebastian, "Well Debbie Moore, why are you racing? There had best be a very good reason, or I'll ticket you."

Then I exclaimed, "sniff, sniff] Constable Sebastian, [gulp] My Johnny has been grievously hurt! [sniff,sniff] I must get to him and tell him that I LOVE him before he dies! [sniff,sniff]" ['Please LORD, we need to get moving.']

Then his eyes softened as he saw my distress, " Drive behind me Debbie, I'll escort you to the hospital. Which one is it?" ['I do this for you Stu, you were one of the best.']

"Tri-County Medical Center," Aunt Debbie replied.

Then Constable Sebastian turned on his siren and lead us to Johnny. The trip that would normally have taken an hour, took only 45 minutes thanks to him. Aunt Debbie actually stopped in front of the Emergency Entrance and let the Security Guard park her car. Constable Sebastian had called ahead and arranged this.

Aunt Debbie and I rushed into the hospital where Johnny lay in Intensive Care. I saw momma weeping in a corner chair with several purses near her, telling me that the Woods were here too.

I rushed over to momma, "[sniff,sniff] What happened Momma?[gulp] Why is My Johnny hurt? sniff,sniff] Is it Linden again? IF IT IS! [sniff,sniff] HE WILL PAY! [sniff,sniff]" I cried. Not even Constable Sebastian could stop me from killing that bastard.

Momma dried my eyes with her ever present hanky, "No Kelly, it was NOT him, he died years ago." ['We should have made sure that she knew, but were too concerned about her recovery that we forgot.']

Then I remembered seeing his obituary one day in the Tri-County Herald, "Then if not him, what happened to My Johnny?" ['At least that nightmare is over.']

"Johnny was hurt when he feel off a ladder trying to change a light bulb in the pool side back at the estate. He landed on his back, possibly rupturing his kidneys, liver and severing his spine." ['Will she still want him?']

I saw in my mind the life that I would have tending to him, but it didn't matter, "How bad is it? Will I lose him?" ['LORD! Only by Your Grace can he live on with such injuries. In such a case, please take him home and not let him suffer such a living death for such an athlete.']

"We don't know yet. It is up to GOD if he lives," she sighed. ['She has just proven herself. Now for Johnny to see for himself.']

"Well, I AM HERE!! My heart awoke and nothing would stop me from seeing my Johnny. I know that if he saw me, he will make it back to me." ['Are YOU giving me this knowledge LORD?']

Then I went to see Johnny. He was asleep with tubes and wires in him. Here was my best friend looking weak and frail. he had always been so strong and virile. He awakened as I touched his hand, "Hello there beautiful Ange of my dreams."[She is here for me. Does she still love me?]

"Hi Johnny. I am here now for you as you were for me during my surgery, and I am here to stay unless you want for me to go away." ['I've learned to give him freedom. If he returns, our Love is True.']

He cried as he accepted my offer, "Kelly, you have been my Dream Girl for years. Ever since I saw you as Tinkerbell, I fell in love with you. Please stay and never go away." [Has she finally forgiven me?']

"Why would I EVER want to go away my Love?" ['Why is he is still fearing me rejecting him.']

"Because I rejected you at the cabin, causing you to despair and suicide. I broke your heart then and I fear to break it again." ['Such power over her I do not need or want.']

Then I placed a rose in his hand, "The past is the past. All is forgiven. You are once again my bestest friend." ['That old adage should soothe him.']

Then he smiled, "I never should have left you. And I have paid the terrible price for my mistake," he sighed. ['Now to tell her the bitter truth, if she is ready.']

"Then why did you leave me? Was it Linden? If not, I can't guess why!" ['We BOTH paid a most terrible price.']

Johnny visibly gulped for air after he had choked upon a sip of his favorite cherry-vanilla cola, "I was scared to death! I was afraid to admit to myself that I loved you. I was a virile athlete in love with what others were calling a sissy boy fagot. I was afraid that I was gay and only wanted you because you were a guy under the dress, not a girl. You had yet to have your surgery." [That is but apart of the truth.]

I looked into his eyes, "Even after I told you that I was a girl? I was wearing a gaffe that made a moot point of my gender, and hormones had given my real breasts." ['Now that gaffe rests in a safe, awaiting a new girl.']

Then he sighed and tears ran down his face as he confessed the most bitter truth, " Oh Kelly, if it was only me, I could have easily dealt with it. It was all those jocks that I trounced after that cursed weekend. They thought that you were gay for wearing those dresses to school and at Ronzi's and that I was too because we were best friends. When you left, they cheered." [That's the rest of the truth.]

I saw the grief that Johnny had gone through and knew that he was ill prepared to deal with it. Worst of all, his vain pride wouldn't let him come to me for help, "I never knew!" I gasped. ['No wonder he admonished me after the game where I first sated my passion in the backyard.']

Johnny laughed mirthlessly, "After I had trounced them, the coach called the team together and told them what happened. The team rallied behind me and thought that I had good taste in choosing you. Then the coach told us his daughter was like you." ['I should have told her before, but there was never time.']

"You mean to tell me that Tina Michelle Smith is NOT a born girl? She is pregnant for crying out loud!" ['If so, could I be a birth mother too?']

Johnny chuckled, "Yes, he told us after you switched schools. She is pregnant from her sister's egg, fertilized by her husband. She will have it by C-section." ['That's how Kelly will do it too one day, will I be the father?']

I fell back into the seat, "WOW! I never would have guessed." ['Is that for me Lord? Or is there more?']

Johnny sat up, and rummaged under the sheets, "Kelly?" ['Will she come back now?']

My mind went back to the hurt, "Yes?" ['Will he want to return? Will he hurt me again? If so, I will live without him.']

"I was wrong to have stopped seeing you. You are and always will be the Girl of my Dreams, even if the love is gone."['Now to see if she wants me back or if I have truly lost her forever.']

My heart started beating with a renewed hope, hope that our love was once again strong,"Why do you say that?"['Please Johnny, don't hurt me now.']

He got up, and knelt before me as the I.V. tubes snaked with him, "When I saw you after your surgery, I then knew that I saw a woman, the woman that you are inside. As I helped to care for you I saw a future with you as my wife, if you will have me that is." ['Now it's up to you. Will you let the healing mend our broken hearts? Or are we doomed to a half life of bitter regrets?']

I jumped up and danced around as I yodeled out my joy. Then I kissed and hugged him, "Oh Johnny, I have wanted to hear you say that for years!" I wept tears of joy. ['Now is my heart fully healed. I feel no pain, only joy. Now I have My Heaven on Earth.']

Johnny held my hand and brought out a golden ring with a ruby rose in its center, "Will you forgive me?"

I held out my ring finger for the ring, "I forgive you."

He placed the ring on my finger where I saw a matching ring on his finger, "Will you marry me?"

"Yes."


 

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Long, Twisty Road to Love

terrynaut's picture

Awwww. It's about time!

I'm a little confused about something though. I thought Johnny was severely injured. How could he get out of bed? Was he really pranking? Did Kelly's rose heal him? What happened there at the end?

I don't see "The End" at the end so I hope to find out what's going on soon.

Thanks for the chapter! Please keep 'em comin'.

- Terry