The Poseidon Adventure

Printer-friendly version

The Poseidon Adventure

by: Lilith Langtree


**Winner of the 2009 May Day Writing Contest**

Meriel should have died from the tidal wave that destroyed her yacht.

"Mayday! Mayday! May…oh shit."

I checked the weather. I really did. Not a freaking cloud in the sky for hundreds of miles. That was a little over an hour ago. After making sure my breast forms were firmly attached I donned my new bikini and joined a few dolphins at play off of port.

Two and a half months out of every year I get to be who I want to be, Meriel. It's Irish — means shining sea. It's also the feminine of the name Merrill, my boy name. I thought I'd keep it to honor my mother, not so much my dad. Mom was a trendsetter in the '60's when she had me, alone, with no father to help. Of course that was the beginning of the whole 'woman power' thing. I guess I should count myself blessed that I missed certain events.

Confused yet? Yeah, I'm a guy nine and a half months out of the year. The remaining time, I board my yacht and sail around the oceans of the world as a woman. I'm not exactly what you would call passable. I try, I really do, but nature is a cruel bitch. When you are over six feet tall, with a strong, male, square-jaw, your options are kind of limited.

Back to the mysterious storm, you remember, the 'oh shit' part. My world was upside down and side ways right before I lost consciousness.

~O~

The strong smell of salt water, contained air, and fish woke me up. I hadn't even opened my eyes yet, but I immediately thought I was at Sea World. The sound of water lapping close by, the really high humidity, all the cues. Now this would be a neat trick since I was about a thousand miles from the Gulf of Mexico, not to mention nowhere near the North American Continent.

A low booming voice echoed in the enclosure as I opened my eyes. "How hard is it to find one man? I gave you the exact location. All you had to do was bring him to me."

I blinked away the stinging salt water from my eyes and I saw a tall man dressed in a beach bum outfit, complete with a really loud Hawaiian shirt, Bermuda shorts, and green flip flops, scolding a teenage looking girl half out of a pool of water.

"She was all that was there, Sire," the girl whined.

"Bah!" He spun around and his sea green eyes fell upon me. "Awake are you?" A handful of steps brought him within mere feet of me. "Where is he?"

I pushed away from the towering man, only to slip on the smooth wet rock. When I scrambled to my feet I received a decidedly weird look. The man noted my height and then his eyes trailed down my body. I tried to find a way out, but from the… cave, I was in a cave. The only way out seemed to be through the pool. The look on the man's face was a familiar one. It was the penetrating gaze of the purely over-heterosexual male when confronted with a transgendered person for the first time: confusion, realization, disappointment, and then disgust.

"Uranus' balls, you're him!"

I ran my hand through my shoulder length brown hair, pulling it out of my eyes. "I'm transgendered. Don't be rude." I really hate my low-pitched voice.

He cocked his head and looked at me in astonishment. "You're worthless, I can't have you representing me looking like that. I'd be laughed out of the pantheon."

Now, contrary to popular belief, not all trans-girls are wimps. In fact I take very good care of my body. I'm not all with the bulky muscles, but I am definitely fit and I know how to defend myself. "Um, fuck you?" See? Straight to the point, with just a hint of sarcasm.

The man looked surprised that I insulted him. Apparently he doesn't get talked back to that often. He eyed me for a second, turned around and walked to the other side of the cave. My attention was drawn to the girl, half in and half out of the water. She smiled innocently at me and waved before a really large fish tail flopped out of the water behind her. I raised my hand halfheartedly, and then side stepped to the edge of the natural pool. The water was crystal clear, so there was no mistaking what I was seeing, a girl, half human and half fish. I blinked in disbelief for a second and wiped at my eyes.

I'm dreaming, or dead. That's it, I'm dead. This is some electrical cascade thing that my brain is going through right before death. I read about it in a magazine a couple of years back. Residual electrical impulses left over in the brain produce hallucinations. That's why so many people think they see long tunnels or glowing lights when they die on the operating table in hospitals. They get brought back to life and claim they were in heaven or something like that. This was obviously my hallucination: a mermaid and a beach bum to insult me. Makes perfect sense. Did I tell you that I'm somewhat insane? No? Apparently I am if I'm dreaming this shit up.

"I read about mortals like you," the man said over his shoulder, as he seemed to be digging through an old beat up trunk full of junk. He tossed out a bent license plate followed by a toy sea horse. He pitched his voice in an annoying falsetto. "I'm a girl inside. Lalala. Everyone feel bad about me and treat me like a girl even though I look like a man." He spat to the side and resumed with his normal voice. "Pathetic."

Okay, I'd had about enough of the insults. "Well, if you want to point the way out, I'll be more than happy to get back to dying, fuckyouverymuch."

"AHA! Here it is!" The man stood erect and held out a… trident?

It was green and very tarnished. He looked at it with mild disappointment and brushed off the cobwebs at the tines. After giving it a cleansing blow he seemed satisfied enough and looked back up at me. "Stand still now. My aim isn't want it used to be."

What the hell? He was going to skewer me! "Whoa!" I held up my hands and prepared to jump in the pool if he even looked like he was going to rear back with the thing. Instead he pointed it toward me and a crackle of green energy lanced at me. Being that it was moving at the speed of light I probably didn't have enough time to move. I could be wrong. I'm sure there are lots of people that can dodge blasts of energy. Haven't you seen any sci-fi movie out there? Happens all the time. Of course I am not the lead in a sci-fi flick. It just so happens I appear to be a Red Shirt from the old Star Trek show. You know, the one that always dies?

It felt like my body was on fire and the only way to put out fire was… to jump in the pool of water, but seeing as I had lost all bodily control I just decided to fall right where I was. It was a plan. A poorly conceived plan, but a plan nonetheless.

~O~

"Huh." The booming voice came back. I really didn't care all that much, seeing as I was a big pile of goo laying on solid rock. Then a little thought came to me. If I was a big pile of goo laying on solid rock then how was I able to hear anything? Didn't being goo preclude hearing, since goo doesn't really have any ears?

My eyelids flickered open and I saw the trident wielding beach bum stand over me holding his said trident.

"Bffrpht," I muttered with as much dignity as I could muster.

The bum looked totally dumbfounded. "Who woulda thought?" He scowled at me and then tapped the base of his big pointy stick right in front of my face. Now, what are the odds that the exact place he tapped would spout a little geyser of salt water at me, or more to the point, right up my nose? I gagged and sputtered as I rolled away scrambling to my hands and knees. Ah, human form. I was gooless!

Well, electrified pointy spear or not, I was going to kick this guy's ass. His back was to me so I had a good chance for a nice cheap shot. Maybe a firm kick in the balls if I catch the angle just right. I got to my feet, rather shakily, and took my first step. I almost fell straight on my ass, because my balance of completely off. I caught myself and then concentrated. Maybe the shock he gave me hadn't worn off yet. I withheld the ass-kicking for a moment. I really didn't want to jump this guy and not be able to follow through. That would be a bad thing.

Instead, I took inventory of my body, just to make sure I didn't have any cuts or bruises that would prevent me from delivering the aforementioned ass-kicking. Arms, slim and trim. A little too trim from what I remembered. Legs, smooth and shapely, and my bulky calves were gone. Huh. Hips, a little wider, and apparently that diet I've been on had been working pretty well. My waist is very…

Okay, I'm blaming the shock of being dead, hallucinating, being zapped with a three-pronged cattle prod, and being turned, however briefly, into a big pile of goo. The thing I'm getting at here is that there was something missing between the trim waist and the wider hips. I tentatively slid my hand between my legs and felt around where I distinctly remembered tucking a certain male appendage away earlier. Uh huh. That's when I also made the connection to my breast forms… or lack thereof. I'm drifting aren't I? I should say that the forms weren't there, glued to my chest like before, but there was something else in their place.

"Through playing around with yourself, missy?"

I jumped… up, back, to the side… who cares? Oh, also included in the jump was a really girlie squeak of surprise coming from me. I don't mean a guy-girlie squeak. It was very female sounding.

Okay, I know I'm dead now. I'm a girl. Finally. There is a god and he, she, or it has given me my just reward for worshipping them when I was a kid. I'm a lapsed Catholic. After I figured out how much life really sucks I kind of gave up my faith. But I guess I worshipped just enough to earn a few brownie points for a little present.

I looked up at the beach bum for a second. Oh god… tell me this isn't… and I was going to kick him in the balls… and he's omniscient, so he knows exactly what I'm thinking right at this moment. Oh Christ. Whoops, sorry. Stop thinking insulting thoughts! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Have you ever tried 'not' thinking about something really hard? It helps if you think about something innocent… like puppies, or Anne Hathaway, before that movie where she takes drugs and gets naked. Oh crap, now I'm thinking about Anne Hathaway naked and taking drugs!

I could tell he was getting a little impatient, as his tongue was working overtime in the cheek of his mouth.

A prayer! Um… Yea, though I walk though the shadow of the valley of the dead I will fear no resident evil. Fuck! Oop, sorry. Oh, give it up already. I'm going straight to hell now.

I closed my eyes and ran my hand through my hair, took a deep breath and waited for my doom.

"Okay, you really were a girl inside."

I snapped my eyes opened and gave him my 'wut?' look. I know it's spelled 'what', but sometimes all I can get out is 'wut?'

"Huh?"

He shook his trident at me. "I gave you one of my 'reveal true self' shocks. Works real good for those Faerie things that like to magically disguise themselves. What can I say? I'm a big enough god to admit when I was wrong. Not like Zeus with his thunderbolts and 'I'm never wrong' attitude." He waved his hands and wiggled his fingers to show me exactly how much he thought of the guy.

Zeus? Oh crap. This wasn't God. "Neptune?"

He pursed his lips in mild annoyance. "I prefer, Poseidon. Much more of a presence if you ask me."

Seeing movement out of the corner of my eye I noticed the girl from earlier, nodding and giving me a sympathetic look. Another little shock. She's a real mermaid. No hallucination.

"Anyway, enough of that nonsense. We have better things to talk about."

"We do?"

I shuffled along as the Greek god of myth turned and went to sit down. He looked tired and pale. Well, if you're going to live underwater, and in a cave, being pale is part of the package. After he made himself comfortable in beat up chaise lounge he set his trident aside and sighed.

"As you can probably tell, things haven't been so good lately."

I gave him a noncommittal shrug, not really wanting to say anything that might get me changed back into a guy. A little jolt of happiness shot through me. I'm a girl now! Boing Boing!

"Worshipping has been down another three percent this year and pretty soon I'll be off to the forgotten gods home." He leaned forward and gave me a scowl followed by a disgusted grunt. "Imagine me! Relegated to playing Parcheesi with Kronos, or Nix."

I know he was bigoted, hateful, bitter old man, but I kind of felt sorry for him. Poseidon was like my Uncle Charles. My uncle grew up in 'the old days' so he was still stuck thinking it was 1950 or something. By his thinking, if you felt like a girl inside then you should ignore it, go out, get drunk, and beat the shit out of someone. Apparently that was supposed to work. He was ignorant, but he was still family. All he really got out of me was my pity.

"Are you listening to me?" Poseidon snapped.

"Uh, yeah… Kronos, Nix."

The old god leaned back in the lounge and jutted forth a single nod. "Right. So here's the deal. I need more worshippers."

I ducked my head and gave him a look as if to say, 'and what do you want from me?'

"You're going to be my High Priest… er, Priestess, whatever." He ran a hand over his face. "This would have been so much easier if you were a man."

I crossed my arms underneath my breasts, my real breasts mind you, and looked offended. "I'll have you know that women can do anything a man can do."

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Fine, turn around and piss in that water from where you are standing."

The mermaid squeaked in alarm and I heard a splash.

I didn't need to turn around to know that the water was at least five feet behind me now. "Okay, women can do anything 'worthwhile', that a man can do. Everyone's got to be a comedian."

Poseidon looked somewhat amused. "Right, I seriously doubt you could round up more than a handful of faithful worshipers."

"Pfft, it's all a matter of talent. A woman, with the right tools, could do anything."

"What kind of tools?"

I pondered for a second. "Well I can tell you that the major reason that people lack faith in any god is because there is no proof of their existence. They never show themselves."

"Bah," he snarled. "The Christian and Muslim gods won't let us interfere directly anymore. They have the most power right now."

I shrugged. "How about if you picked someone, a human, and gave them some power, like in Greek Mythology. Hercules, Achilles, those guys had some power."

He stared at me with a calculating eye. "They were demi-gods. So I should choose a demi-god and gift that person with some of my power. Maybe let them go forth and do my will on the plane of man.

"And woman," I interjected.

He nodded once. "Right!" He grabbed his trident and hefted himself up. "You're hired."

I blinked and almost reeled backward. "What? I…I'm not a demi-god."

"You're my son… er, daughter. Close enough for you?"

My knees suddenly became very weak. "Wut?" There it was again. The 'wut' thing. "But…but… I thought…"

"Oh, he's your father too. We both are. Don't you know how demi-gods are made?"

I shook my head slowly in disbelief. I still hadn't gotten past the whole Poseidon is my father thing.

"Your mother was in heat and your father boinked her. He went downstairs and fell asleep on the couch watching television. I came in after, assumed your father's shape and rocked your mother's world."

I think I'm going to be sick. My mother never had sex. It just wasn't done. The thought of it… A cold chill ran down my spine. Eeeeeewwwwwwwww.

Poseidon buffed his nails on his Hawaiian shirt. "I still got it after all these years. Made her whinny like a mare with her first stud. Ahh, good times."

Bile rose in my throat. Oh god, say it isn't so.

"Mortals provided the egg and seeded it, and I came along and gave it that UMPH!" He thrust his hips forward. "That's how demi-gods are born."

I dropped to my knees, which hurt. It wasn't carpet that I lost my equilibrium on.

"Now that's more like it!" Poseidon looked excited for the first time since I'd awoken in his presence. "My first new convert in a decade." He waved me on. "Go ahead. Hit me with your best prayer." He leaned back like he was trying to soak in the rays of the sun, basking, for lack of a better word.

I couldn't hold it any longer and emptied the contents of my stomach right there.

~O~

Another geyser of salt water in my face and I was sputtering awake.

Poseidon's face hovered above mine. "Last time I checked, vomiting on your god's sandals wasn't considered worshiping." He harrumphed. "But whatever gets the job done I suppose."

Poseidon walked over toward the mermaid waiting on the other side of the pool. "Maybe a nice ritualistic slaughter, a goat, maybe a nice cow. Temples! That's where the big worship is at. Try a temple next time. You, Ssreeetcheesch! Make sure my… daughter gets back to shore properly."

I flopped over on my back feeling drained. I sure didn't feel like a demi-goddess. Shouldn't I be all… powery and stuff? I even voiced as much.

Poseidon crossed over to me once more. "Here, grab my staff."

I arched an eyebrow at him.

"Not that staff." He looked me over, judging me. "Not that I wouldn't mind."

The bile came back. "Aren't you my father? That's incest."

"You're part of the pantheon now, sweet cheeks. It's all part of the gig. Hell, Zeus married his sister. Can't keep it in the family anymore than that."

"I think I'm gonna throw up again.

He held out the staff of his trident to me. "Grab on. I'll give you the magic touch."

I reluctantly reached my hand out to grasp the thick shaft… of the trident. That's when I passed out.

~O~

I blinked awake, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Well, good morning young lady."

I turned my head and saw someone come into my hospital room. Yeah, it didn't take a genius to figure out where I was. The smell of antiseptic alone was proof of that. The nurse that came in the room walked over to the bed and flicked on the overhead light.

"You are the center of attention in this sleepy little town." The nurse was a little too bright and cheery for my tastes, but what the heck. I was alive and back in civilization. It was all just a dream.

I looked down at my breasts, my real breasts, and my breath caught.

"Something wrong, sugar?"

A weird little smile crossed my face. "No, I think everything is just perfect, actually."

I heard the unmistakable sound of Velcro being ripped open and saw the nurse held a blood pressure cuff for me. "I need to take your vitals then we'll see about getting you some breakfast, okay?"

I nodded and then took a better look at the nurse. There were tell-tale signs that I knew by heart that outted her to me. Maybe a girl in transition or through with transition, but she definitely didn't start off life in her current gender. She slipped the cuff over my arm and pumped away with the little bulb, while I stared.

A flicker from her eye and she frowned. "It's rude to stare, sweetie."

I was suddenly horrified at what I was doing. "I'm so sorry. I just…" I thought about it for half a second before continuing. "I just went through transition recently."

Now it was the nurse who was staring. Her eyes dropped to my hands, my throat, my hairline, and face. "Damn! I want the number to your doctor."

Something niggled inside my head. "Are you sure?"

The nurse laughed. "Honey, I've been in this business for decades and I can spot a sister at fifty yards. You are perfect. So give it up."

I smiled knowingly. "Give me your hand."

Yeah, Poseidon gave me the magic touch all right. You'll get your worshipers, you beach bum, and I have just the idea to bring them in droves. Thanks Dad.

Pic Credit: Michelle Ryan from "The Bionic Woman". All Rights reserved to the owners.

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very nice.

Ya done good, kid. The ending was just as I thought it was gonna be. Nice twist, and way to work it. That oughta bring in a few converts.

edit....Just had a thought. (I know, I know, that's scary). Any Wiccan covens out there looking for a few new members?

We don't recruit

But it's a cute idea!

We may not recruit, but we

We may not recruit, but we do gift and those who want to join us in worship are welcome, you should know that. LOL

To thread-jack for a moment, my absolute favorite painting of Rhiannon:


----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy

Join

Just Me
WendyI would be happy to join you if I knew where to do so and I could get there.

Just Me
Wendy

Original take

I didn't see it coming.

You always manage to provide a new twist on your stories. Well done again.

DJ

Oh, this was a nice one

Oh, this was a nice one Lilith. I enjoyed reading it.

As a Pagan, I'd worship Poseidon if this is what I'd get.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy

Perfection.But you do

Perfection.But you do realize we are gonna want more of Meriel. And Shaylee and Casidhe and of course Rayne

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

More

Well, you don't know it yet, but Meriel and Shaylee are in the same universe. (wink)

Thanks SS!!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Poseidon

Lili; Ok, You got a good start. Just enough to hook us! Richard

Richard

You don't need me for inspiration.

This is great! I loved the irreverent attitude your character has, and the way Neptune as reacting. Priceless! I want to see more of this one. Muses take us to odd places, don't they?

You did good with this one.

Ditto

Maggie said it all.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

TY!

LOL, How can you take a god seriously dressing like he is?

I'll always need you for inspiration, sweetie! So don't go anywhere!!!

Thanks Maggie!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Me First ! Me First !

But errmm I have a fear of water since I can't swim :-(.

Kim

Horsy!

Well, poseidon is the god of horses too - speaking of, back in grade 4, me and a friend made a solar powered boat called the Posiedon. We didn't notice the mispelling. ^_^

~ Compulsive online gamer, supernerd, and geek at your service ~

Yes, he is

He is the god of horses, that's why I had Meriel's mother whinny like a mare with her first stud. Cute huh?

The 'ie' thing. Yep, I kept doing that until I'd clicked about the twentieth time to correct my misspelling. It's sad that I don't remember my Charlie Brown lessons.

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

No worries

Hopefully being a follower of Poseidon will take care of that fear. It's a magic thing. Maybe you could be a mermaid!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

I'm prepared to switch religions right NOW!

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hi Lilith,

How soon can we have High Priestess Meriel visit Winnipeg? I know we aren't all that close to the ocean but with the Greenland and Antarctic ice-caps melting the ocean will come MUCH closer in the next few years and we do have a LOT of lakes and rivers that could fill the bill in the mean time. I'm sure a temple to Poseidon would be perfect here.

Thanks hon another story I'll HAVE to keep up with, OH The PAIN. (Of not having more)

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

It's a salt water thing

While Poseidon does hold dominion over all bodies of water, he's mostly a salt water kinda guy. Maybe I can set up a community, or a small city where converts can come and live. I know, we can take over Florida... make it kind of ironic that a state full of beautiful girls is in the one state that looks like a penis.

(wink)

Thanks Hope!
Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Salt water thing?

I know, we can take over Florida... make it kind of ironic that a state full of beautiful girls is in the one state that looks like a penis.

How about Norway, Sweden, and Finland?

Anyhow, is it really a salt water thing? After all, adding the fresh water would only raise the total volume a couple percent. I live in the middle of the biggest fresh water system in the world (the Great Lakes,) and it's small potatoes compared to even something like the Mediterranean, let alone the five oceans.

Ray

Salt vs Fresh

No, it's not a salt water thing. Poseidon is the god of all bodies of water, but mostly it's salt water. He seems to like it more. So I assume that those new girls that are not anywhere near a large body of salt water might have an affinity for fresh.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Phallic Florida

I'll never look at a map of the USA in quite the same way again :)

--Ben


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Awesome!

Awesome premise, plot, characters, and dialogue. And yes, I would definitely convert! Really innovative, too!

Lilith i think you caught

Lilith i think you caught corbinism that rare disease that cause you to create endless amounts of new characters and universes.Not that im complaining.

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

No Cobinism

No Corbinism here, so no need to worry. I always finish my work. I sometimes get sidetracked by other stories, but you won't have to wait four years for me to finish.

That's why I wrote FQ like I did. It could go on. I leave enough plot holes or devices to continue if I choose, but the story ends at each episode, just in case I grow tired of it or readers grow tired of it.

So I really only have two open stories right now. See, it's all in the way you look at it.

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Ah a misdiagnosis i

Ah a misdiagnosis i see

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

>>>>>I'm a new soul.I came to this strange world.Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.<<<<<

That's Entertainment!

Thanks for this story, really enjoyed it.

If you have other works in other genres then let us know, I am sure that I am not the only one who would like to see more of your work.

I do

But they are under my old name and not so great work. I, admittedly sucked in a lot of my older work. Here, you are getting the fruit of my fertile mind after years of fan fiction.

Thank you for the kind thoughts, Georg!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

your older stories

I have been to your page and I could not find any of the older stories. I an earlier email you had said to look in the upper right hand corner but the only thing there is the RSS link (whatever that is) Thank you for your very good stories

wf

Sorry...

Sorry, I didn't explain clear enough. Some of the people that have been following my comments from the beginning know, but you probably don't. Lilith is a new incarnation of an old writer. I used to write under a different name, but since returning to TG Fiction I have started over.

The link that you followed is part of my signature, and leads to my blog. It's not a place where my older stories are located. You might recognize my old name, but I haven't shared it with anyone as of yet. So, you won't really find any of my older stories. Believe me, you aren't missing much.

I've had about 5-6 years more writing experience since then and it shows.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Swimming...

...not an issue. :-D Dibs on a spot as a Nereid! :-)

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Wasn't Expecting THAT...

Cleverly done. Nice May Day entry.

(Can't see where continuing this story would be productive, unless you have more powers in mind for our demigod here. But then, you're a lot more imaginative than I am.)

Eric

More?

Maybe not as a serial or a continuing story, but little glimpses into her life or Poseidon's would be funny. Or even having a different god pop up and try to get in on the action.

I'm a gigantic fan of the Greek Pantheon and I have ideas galore for those gods. At a later date though; I have other stories to finish before I move in that direction.

Thanks Eric!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Gods in Hawaiian Shirts

terrynaut's picture

Awwwww. You sort of give Hawaiian shirts a bad name in this story. That's not fair. I think they're cute.

Oh. Do I own a Hawaiian shirt? Are you kidding?! *giggle*

Maybe they're just cute to look at ... as a form of art. The colors are so bright and happy. I can't help liking to look at those shirts. I just wouldn't wear one. Okay? :p

Now then. What else. Oh yeah. The story flowed well. You know ... it sort of had to with all that ... water. Squeaktoy the mermaid was a nice touch, as was the tarnished trident. Isn't that just like a god who's down on his luck? What does he do? He let's himself go and the next thing you know, his staff isn't up to snuff.

So look. It's late. I voted for your story (2 points! Yes, I'm an author here.) and I'm leaving this rambling bit of text that's meant to look like a comment. Is that good enough? Did I put a little color in your cheeks? Did I make you smile? :)

I really like this story. It's just that ... I'm going through Transpire withdrawal. Seriously. If I wasn't writing some tripe, I'd be like a major wreck or something. So enough with these entertaining tangents. How about some meat, girl? Huh?

Seriously ... again. Thanks for this story. I really enjoyed it. It put me in a silly mood and now I'm going to go to bed and have silly dreams.

Nighty night

- Terry

I used to have a few

In my teens I had no fashion sense, so I owned a few Hawaiian shirts. Poseidon had to fit the beach bum look and nothing says beach bum like Bermuda shorts and a loud Hawaiian shirt, amiright?

Squeaktoy the Mermaid... *giggle* that was cute.Poor girl/fish she's just a teen mermaid from off the California coast and now Poseidon has people trying to pee in her pool. I'd squeak too!

Transpires: I'll read through it today and see if I can't pound some of it out. Thanks for being a fan of that story, Terry. I have a soft spot of vampires.

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Sea Change

You bring all new meaning to the Bard's phase, "But doth suffer a sea-change into something rich and strange." Once again you take an idea that had been done and given it fresh life. Stories of Deities of old down on their luck have always fascinated me because of my love of myths and legends. Poseidon the god of the sea as a beach bum is just too rich for words. I was half-expecting to see his trident transformed into a metal detector! You certainly do have a very nice touch for dialogue and truly interesting characters.

Somehow I think her old man is going to have get used to a new body of worshipers. :) As for as that goes I can see Fairy Queen and Poseidon being in the same universe.

Thanks for another great tale. Oooh! Mermaids Whee!!!!!

Hugs!

grover

She doesn't look a bit like Leslie Nelson ...

and thank god for that!

Someone made a naughty reference to Poseidon's neglected and seemingly damaged trident, all I have to say to that it, Viagra, lots of it. He is a god after all. Of the oceans and ... HORSES!? ... OMG!

-- snicker --

Nice as a one off or as a series of adventures by our heroine. Cobinism or Bek as some call it is a non-fatal disease where the writer gets lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of great ideas for stories and story universes but seldom finishes any because another great idea comes along. Maggie Finson, who commented earlier would be our expert here on Bek.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Bek

I have literally dozens of ideas that may never see the light of day simply because I just don't have the time to work on them. Maybe I should write them down and stick them in my Blog, then if someone wants to try it out then they can. Then I can enjoy them without stressing so much about not being able to get them out.

Or I suppose people could say, 'Hey! we really want you to do 'that one' as your next project.' IK guess that would be up to you girls and guys. I'll give it a shot.

Trivia: Poseidon was one of the more 'randy' gods. He really couldn't keep it in his... toga. Maybe it had something to do with horses... idunno.

(wink)

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

They Are

Funny you should mention FQ, because they are in the same universe. That's why I put that little bit about Faerie Glamour in there. I'm sure Meriel will find her way into FQ at some point or another.

I will probably write more on this at some point, but not right away. And I love the metal detector bit! LOL. Maybe if he comes for a visit.

Thanks Grover!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Me Too

Great ending - caught me completely by surprise. I just love stories that wisecrack their way through old myths. Very well done!

More Olympians to come

I think I might have to totally screw up the Greek gods later on. It's just a little too much fun.

Thanks sweetie!

lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

I really liked the ending!

I totally didn't see it coming! That so sweet!

>_>

/frantically starts worshipping grumpy old Poseidon


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick looking for someone who doesn't give a damn about her past"


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"

TY!

It'd be fun to see what she could do with her magic touch. Not just the TG stuff... maybe more.

Thanks Christelle!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Now that's the way to get

Now that's the way to get some worshippers! ;) Nice one, Lilith!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I never figured out...

I never figured out why gods want to put so many restrictions on their followers. It seems like it would be more fun to actually have fun. Give them what they most desire... within limits, and *poof* tons of followers and thus more power!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

An interesting thought about Poseidon!

I just had an interesting thought about our buddy Poseidon and his Hawaiian shirt! Obviously, he lives in or near the ocean. Given his penchant for wearing Hawaiian shirts, is it possible that, in the 1980s, he shaved off his beard leaving just a mustache and became a Private Investigator living in the guest house of one Robin Masters? He certainly does seem like the sort of guy who would enjoy tooling around the Island in a red Ferrari! It would also explain why Higgins' two Doberman Pincers, Zeus and Apollo, weren't overly friendly toward him!

Jenny

Jenny

Poseidon--->Magnum?

ROFLMAO, I truly never thought of it that way... it explains so much of that series now. Thank you for making me laugh my butt off, Jenny. I was like... wut? And then I saw Robin Masters and nearly choked on my Monster.

Whats the deal with Higgins then...Hmmm.

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Fun

Tanya Allan's picture

Thoroughly enjoyed this, nice and quirky. More please!

Tanya
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

More in the future!

I woke up and checked the comments on the story... nearly fell out of my chair at the response. Like 20 comments overnight. I was like 'holy crap!' It's the little stories that I don't take too seriously that seem to garner the gigantic comment flow.

Gift horse... mouth... (me) not looking.

I didn't plot this one out. I knew the beginning, the end, and some things I wanted to happen, but I just wrote it freehand, so to speak. Maybe if I just don't think so much it would come out better... hmm.

Thanks Tanya!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Welcome to the wonderful

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lilith Langtree!!! Posted today and nearly 1600 reads already... Bet you are just a little bit pleased about that..

Lili you are fast creating your own world here, What with the mention of the Fae, All we need now is for Rayne to make an appearance! {suppose it might be a bit much for Casidhe to meet Meriel and get her wish?}

Having read all the comments, Most of what i might have said has already been posted, So i will just content myself with saying your stories just keep getting better and i Can't wait to see who or what makes an appearance next!!!

Hugs Kirri

Very pleased

It's a whole new world... there's a song in there somewhere.

Yes, I am very pleased with the turn out of the story. Yes, Meriel's and Shaylee's world is the same. I still haven't decided whether or not I want to include Rayne in there. Her's is a little darker.

Next on the list... WereWomen!... what? that's already been done? Um... How about a virus that sweeps the world turning... that too huh?

I'm still contemplating the TG Virus developed by the Umbrella Corporation (Resident Evil fame) Maybe Rayne can join that world.

Hmmm, plots within plots.

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Okay, that was cute. What a

Okay, that was cute. What a hysterical way to plot things out. Poseidon the God of Trannies. That just cracks me up. Nicely done.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Patron God of Trannies

Can't you just see it?

Dear Poseidon, can you make my boobs just a little bit bigger, love Steve(Stephine)
p.s. Here's a barbecued goat in your honor.

Thanks Heather!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Shelly Winter as the Mermaid

RAMI

Well Shelly Winters could be the mermaid, and new suppliants could be:

Ernestine Borgnine
Rita Button
Jeanette Hackman

Rami

RAMI

But which one, much like the Elvis stamp debate ..

the young, sexy, curvaceous babe Howard Huges lusted for -- think Winchester 78(?) with James Stewart or the matronly woman of The Poseidon Adventure?

LOVE Grover's concept of a beach bum Poseidon. He has a somewhat battered folding aluminum lounge chair, green and white plaid polypropylene belt webbing of course -- and a huge sun faded beach umbrella staked into the sand. A dented green Coleman cooler is tucked under the chair, full of Leinenkugels or whatever his favorite beer is. As a god, maybe it’s vintage Schiltz? Either side of the chair is flanked by tiki torches. He walks the beach, his trident transformed into a metal detector with which he finds gold doubloons and precious gems; hey a god in semi-retirement still has privileges.

He’s a bit out of shape, beer belly, zinc oxide cream protecting his nose but is still fairly buff and has several sexy babes with him who stay away from the water lest their tails show..

Fun romp so far.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Who? Eva Gardner? ---- May

Who? Eva Gardner?
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy

Water lot of fun (groan>~<)

This was very good, I especially liked the "Whinny like a mare " reference - I'm an ethnologist so of course I got the God of Horses, Oceans and Earthquakes thing - nicely done story full of wit, charm and fun. There were a couple of typos and such like - a once over from a proof reader will fix that. You are quickly becoming one of my favourites. More please!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

TY!

Thank you GS. You are one a a handful that got the horse reference.

More to come!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

More gawds

Maybe have Hera turn a philandering faithless Husband into her avatar? that would be funny - him now her being forced to punish those that break the marriage vows with girlification of the lousy husband or worse to the faithless wives.

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Hera

I do have an idea for Hera as with a number of the Greek Pantheon like my current Ares Bane (Ares and Artemis)

As some of you already know Hera is Zeus' wife as well as his sister (squick!) and that Zeus is a very promiscuous god. Hera is a jealous and vengeful goddess and she will have her due when Zeus plays around one too many times.

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

GREAT READ LILI

You have done it again, nice twist and different.
What happened to the mermaid, maybe we can have TM'S instead of TG'S?

LOL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Little Mermaid

She'll be returning when Meriel makes her appearance in the FQ universe. I think there will be a number of new forms of sea life introduced. (wink)

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Very Cute

Tht's one way to get a job.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Helping... Umm...

PattieBFine's picture

OK... so I should be looking for?

the G.P.P.-TG wymns compleation clinic then? I seem to have missed what town I might find it in...

Poseidon adventure.

Very entertaining, Lili. Thank you.

Sarah Lynn

TY!

Thank you for reading Sarah!

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

converts

from every faith would definintly show up once word got around!

DogSig.png

That... was an awesome ending. lol

All hail Nep- er, Poseidon! Now, if only I could have met Meriel before I had my GRS! :)

Lisa

That's it??

Aine Sabine's picture

Wah!!! I want more! LOL! This should be a longer story. A Demi-God and a Mermaid swim in to a beach bar.... What do you get? A place full of converts!

Aine