The Most Amazing Thing

Printer-friendly version

As we go about our daily lives do we really see the world we live in, or do we pass by things left unseen? Look around. Smell the coffee before you take a drink, and watch a cloud. Without realizing it, you could see...

The Most Amazing Thing
by
BrandieS

"Oh, you'll never guess what I saw today." happily chirped the mother.

"Then tell me." Was the reply.

"Oh no, guess!"

"Why do you always do this to me. You say somethng and then want me to guess. Duh! I don't read minds and least of all yours." This back-and-forth had been on going for a long time.

The recipient of this banter smiled and said "So, aren't you even going to try guessing?"

"No."

"Well, if you must know. I saw the most amazing thing today." This was accompanied by a big smile.

"Uh, the most amazing thing, huh, and just what was the most amazing thing?"

The answer came back, crypticaly "Just that, the most amazing thing."

""Ok, what was the most amazing thing?" Curiosity was exerting itself.

"The most amazing thing." The inflection made these words either a question or exclamation.

"Ahh, you start this then don't answer. You said you saw the most amazing thing and when I ask what that was, you just say nothing. This is frustrating. What's the most amazing thing?"

Again the smile followed by "The MOST AMAZING THING."

"Uh, I quit, you want me to guess and then play this silly game. So, you saw the most amazing thing, whatever that is, big deal."

"Hey, don't get upset with me. I said I saw the most amazing thing and I did. There!" the smile widened.

"I give up. When you get ready to tell me what you saw, let me know. I'll be in the other room."

The smile was still there and once more a reply was given, this time in a louder voice. "I said I saw the most amazing thing."

Authors note: What did you see today?

up
48 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Reminder

Thank you, for reminding me of my mother.

Sorry

Don't get it.

Edit: I'm with Dad, hubby, or whatever he is. Except I'd be considering mayhem. ;-)

KJT

"Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid."
Sir Charles Panther


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Most Amazing Thing

Can be anything, so poor kid can't win. :)
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I saw

I childs bright sunny happy smile, it was the most amazing thing.
----------
Jenna
http://www.myspace.com/alpheias

----------
Jenna

I saw

a squirrel gathering nuts for winter; achild laughing at a clown; a young mother cooing at her baby. I saw the sun, the moon, rain and snow flakes. I saw, in my mind, a peace everlasting, people treating each other as equals: a world without strife.

All these and more -- to wake up in the morning, isn't just seeing the sun, clouds, trees, amazing? I think so!

Annie in PA

Annie in PA

motherhood

Since the one who saw the most amazing thing was a mother, I'm assuming the most amazing thing was her own child, the one she's speaking to.