I Walked Into This Bar

Printer-friendly version
I Walked Into This Baro


By Joannebarbarella

b02268.jpg

I sat at the counter and ordered a Chardonnay. I rubbed the condensation on the glass. Suddenly there was a beautiful girl on the seat next to me.
“Hello, good looking.” She said. That should have alerted me but I was too busy looking at her chest.
“See something you like?” she purred.
“I certainly do. What’s your name?”
“ Laika. I’m a genie. What’s your wish?”
I laughed, not believing her. “Free drinks for the rest of my life.”
I walk into a bar and men rush to buy me drinks, but it takes me SOOO long to get ready.

up
100 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh, that is sooooo cute!

Oh, that is sooooo cute! Thank you.

----------------------------
May the Stars light your path.
Joy

DIY

terrynaut's picture

Awwww. Wouldn't anyone else write this for you? Oh well. I'm glad you wrote it, even if it is a drabble (I don't read drabbles!). :)

I have to read these. They're too cute, and yours is very clever to boot. Yay!

Thanks.

- Terry

Laika's a genie!

kristina l s's picture

Hey Laika, can we talk... there's a small favour...

So long to get ready, um why's that then? Hah, nice Jo, a clever take on the drabbly genre.

Kristina

Time is relative

Firstly I can't believe that you of all people would walk into a bar.

Secondly, time as it says above, is relative. That means that a long time depends upon what you are comparing it to. If it's comparative to the time it takes to pee then it's a long time, but if its comparative to the time it takes certain insects to pupate--fourteen years--then it isn't.

Cute story though.

Where did you say the bar was?

:)

Jessica
I don't just look it, I really AM that bad...

Nice One

Be careful what you say to those genies, lol.

Nice drabble Joanne :-)

Hugs,

Alys

Two of my all time favorite people

Andrea Lena's picture

and chardonnay? While I don't really care for chardonnay owing to an intolerance to the fruit of the vine, I am totally and wonderfully enamored with Joanne and Laika. Thanks for this lighthearted treat!



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

A smile

Sunflowerchan's picture

This brought a smile to my face and made me laugh. In a hundred and ten words you did what would have taken me three or four thousand. A true testiment to your skill as a writer and the depth of your creativity! Thank you for the laugh and for all you do.

In Truth

joannebarbarella's picture

I was only trying my hand at a drabble. Nobody seems to do them any more.

You're spoiling me with your comments, Sunflower, but I'm not complaining!

Drabble

LOL This is hilarious! Well done

Always Happy

joannebarbarella's picture

To make you laugh, Bronwen.