Strange Wine

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Kent is in the city to pull off the biggest job of his life, but when his girlfriend, Rose, sends him a strange bottle of green wine, he's in for a big shock. Now the stakes are much higher. Kent isn't out just for the money, he needs his life back.

Story:

Strange Wine

Written and Directed by Dee Janes

Starring:

Dash Riprock as Kent
Sela Yard as Rose
Claire Danish as Kate

Created using The Movies

Click on this link for "Strange Wine - a movie, by Dee Janes".

NOTE:
This is access protected, use "tgmovies" for the username and "bigcloset" for the password. Don't type the quotation marks and make sure your caps lock is not on. You will need Windows Media Viewer to watch the movie. Depending on how your browser is set up, clicking on the link will either download the file or launch the movie immediately--or offer you a choice.

After you've seen the movie, come back here and leave a comment!

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

up
78 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahrrrrrrgh!

Jezzi Stewart's picture

My browser, Internet Explorer, told me 12.6 mb had been accessed, but I couldn't find it. It didn't open or offer me a download. Even if I could find it will I be able to download and use Windows Media Viewer since I have an iMac with OS9.1?

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Ahrrgh! Indeed! :)

erin's picture

I don't know what to tell you. Any downloads are probably in a directory named downloads, possibly under the documents directory. But I don't think there's anyway to watch a .wmv file in OS 9 anyway!

There was a Windows Media Player for the Mac and there is a WMV plug in for QuickTime on OSX. I haven't run OS 9 in over a year.

Sorry, Jezzi.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Nice movie

I had a little trouble finding it because it didn't come down as Strange Dreams. It came down as an alphanumeric string and opened in my Winamp player (which is my default) but didn't play because Winamp didn't have a clue what it was. I right-clicked on the file in the Winamp and it showed me a 12.6Mb file and the location, which was under a Mozilla cache directory (Mozilla is my browser, of course). I went to the cache directory and just copied and pasted it onto my desktop, renamed it with a .wmv extention and brought it into my Windows Media Player. It ran fine.

Very cute (and hot!) movie and well worth downloading. Thanks!

Aardvark (Doug)

Besides Windows Media Player, it also runs fine on Winamp, DivX, and RealPlayer - I suppose anything will run .wmv.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

No clue.

erin's picture

No clue as to why it would download as a numeric filename, the name of the actualfile is "Strange Dreams OL.wmv". Weird.

Glad you liked it and yes it is a neat, fun, hot little movie. Having played with "The Movies" for the last few days I am just amazed at how well Dee did on this!

Over two hundred people have downloaded or at least attempted to download the file and only one comment?

Thanks, Aardvark.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Password help

I need help. I thought I followed all the instructions, but I can't download the movie. When I click on the file a window drops down prompting for a name and password, but nothing I enter works. If anybody can help, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Passwords

erin's picture

The username is tgmovies the password is bigcloset. Make sure you don't have your capslock key on because nothing is capitalized.

I have to do this this way because of bandwidth problems on that server, this will keep anyone who hasn't visited BC from downloading the file.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Well done

I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation. I think you did very well and I am sure as time goes by you will be in competition with PIXAR and Disney.

Jill Micayla
May you have a wonderful today and a better tomorrow

Jill Micayla
Be kinder than necessary,Because everyone you meet
Is fighting some kind of battle.

Very nice movie

Loved the ending.

Music

erin's picture

Although the dialog is done with subtitles, the soundtrack is effective because of the very appropriate music. Extremely well done. :)

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Nice Movie

This was a really ambitious attempt. Really enjoyable. There were some slight imperfections (no phone cord attached, no wristwatch on hand), but this is nitpicking. The ending was a surprise, since I expected Kent to continue using her body to keep conning people. I truly felt sorry for her at the end.

Interesting stuff!

Very nice effort, how long does it take to put something like that together? I like the music choice for the sound track and while enjoyed it very much these efforts even at the Pixar level of production seldom come close to incorporating all the nuances of human expression and movement.Still, its great stuff!

Gwen Lavyril

Strange wine

Interesting little movie. The music was nice, but if the plot was not written, you would be hard pressed to figure out what was happening.

To bad there is no real dialog.

The movie was definately interesting though. I know you spent a lot of time on it.

Strange Wine

Very creative, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I had no problem watching it. I have XP, and firefox. I just followed Erin's instructions.

Mr. Ram

well I can't download it, I c

well I can't download it, I click the link and all I get is
The requested URL /weblink/goto/1003 was not found on this server.

Should be fixed now

erin's picture

That was a problem related to the change in servers. It should work now. :)

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Very nicely done

Breanna Ramsey's picture

Congratulations, I am certain a lot of work went into this. It is mind blowing to think what could be done with state of the art CGI ala 'Toy Story' and 'Final Fantasy' if applied to a TG theme.
Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort on this, it was really enjoyable!
Scott

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

Very Interesting...

I had no problem getting the movie to show. What I thought was interesting was, that Katie wasn't changed because of cheating, but because the other woman wanted everything. The money, Katie's life. That was not only a job, but a job and a half well done.

Barbara Lynn Terry

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."