Editing an already published story

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I just joined, posted a story and reread and found some mistakes that need to be edited. Can anyone tell me how to edit my story when its already up?

Have to wait ...

for Erin or someone else with permissions to change your account into an author account. (This is manually done after you publish your first story.) Once they do so, you'll be able to edit.

If you go to your "My Stories" page,

You will find that there IS a box you can click on marked, "edit" You can edit your own stories by using it... unless I am sadly mistaken.

Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Read Your Story As If You've Never Seen It Before

Whenever I post a story I always read it through the front page, as if I'm a stranger to the site. It's a rare occasion indeed when I don't find at least one typo, or a passage I meant to highlight and put in italics but forgot to.

Fortunately it's easy to go back into 'My Stories' - as has already been pointed out - and edit the body text.

One more tip: read it backwards, that way your brain isn't fooled into anticipating what comes next.

Ban nothing. Question everything.

You do not appear ....

.... to be an authenticated author yet.

I have checked on the Authors List.

What happens here is that you post something, then Erin (or another admin) creates your id. as a registered (or Authenticated) author.

After that, then the full range of facilities is granted to you.

So I would suggest that you contact Erin.

have a good day.

Julia