A Terrible Thing Is A Waste To Mind

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Just for the fun of it: Why writers are nuts. LANGUAGE WARNING.

Hilariously accurate

Zoe Taylor's picture

Quite a few of these are hilariously, disturbingly accurate. Unfortunately yes, that includes the burrito brain fungus :-P But not in a long time thankfully!

But this was the one that really hit home :-P

23. The Idea Plague

Ask a writer: “Where do you get your ideas from?” And the writer will reply: “How do you make yours stop?” Then he’ll bat at his hair as if it’s on fire. I can’t walk ten feet without thinking of a new novel or script idea. It’s an idea that will almost certainly never yield fruit

Just ask anyone who's ever made the mistake of asking me what stories I'm working on at any given moment. Unless I'm going through a depressed phase or extremely sick, chances are I've got ten different stories I want to write, while simultaneously working on two, possibly three novels :-)

Thanks for sharing this. Absolutely hilarious :-)

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

I don't have 23...

I have an alternative form: Character Plague. I most generally write character-driven stories, and you really, really really, REALLY do not want to know how many characters are in my head.

Abigail Drew.

Characters

I would imagine all of them are in your head. I would hate to hear that some of them have escaped by crawling out of your ears or something.

Bookmarked

for later purviewal. I like the first 5 reasons at least.

A Terrible Thing....

Oh my,

Have you been talking to my Analyst?

Damn... Now I'll have to write him out of my script.
Let's see... drown in a bathtub,, run over by a rampant streetcar... hmmm.

Anesidora