what's in your purse

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Here is a quick little game - can you tell what's in your purse, right now, without looking? In mine I have my wallet, keys, a pair of clip-on earrings, an eyeshadow kit with a mirror, a container with 2 types of blush, one tube of lipstick, one tube of lip gloss, and my carry letter. Anyone else want to play?

That's simple

RAMI

That's is the easiest question I ever had to answer. Nothing! I do not have a purse. ;-).

RAMI

RAMI

okey dokey

Wallet, 2 sunglasses, compact, lipstick and lipgloss, a swiss army knife, a brush comb, a few clips and hair elastics. eye glass cleaning material, lottory cards, my cellphone, keys, batteries, cd walkman, a small sewing kit, mascara, a periodic table of elements and whmis diagram just in case.

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin amelia Fletcher

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

Erin Amelia Fletcher

should I ask?

what the periodic table of elements is for? Giggle.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

sure hunny

just in case i need to pull a mcgyver or even be aware that i may have slipt into a poisen of sorts

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Here's What Mine Has In It

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpg Wallet with pictures of my nephew and drivers license, lipstick, compact, sunglasses, car keys, hairbrush, hairband,and bottle of White Linen perfume.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Yer kiddin', right?

Okay, this is from memory:

Keys (2 rings); pack of tissues; sunglasses in cloth pouch; Hello Kittytm pouch with comb, brush, mirror, dental floss, lip balm, hair ties, hair pick, face powder, blush, eye shadow, makeup brushes; quilted pouch with a number of pens and pencils; Hello Kittytm note pad;small zipper pouch with lipsticks and two USB drive sticks (hey, they fit and I can find them there); wallet; passport (expired); title to my motorcycle; various receipts...

I probably forgot some stuff. Ah, well...

Janet

Mistress of the Guild of Evil [Strawberry] Blonde Proofreaders
TracyHide.png

To be or not to be... ask Schrodinger's cat.

Janet

Mistress of the Guild of Evil [Strawberry] Blonde Proofreaders
TracyHide.png

To be or not to be... ask Schrodinger's cat.

Easy

One nuclear detonator, rubber chicken, copy of The Marauder's Map,
typewriter correction ribbon, chapstick, sixteen Euros, Four dollars,
nine rubles, carburetor for a '63 Buick, and Juicy Fruit Gum.

Sarah.

P.S. The gum is old.

Interesting collection...

Couldn't you find room to squeeze in the proverbial kitchen sink? :D

--B

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Well...

I don't CD, but-because of some of the medical problems, I do carry a bag. It has my wallet, phone, 2 mp3 players, and 2 sets of headphones, 2 sets of keys, change, Glasses, sunglasses, a 16G flashdrive, napkins and some candy for emergencies (ie, low sugar). Somewhere in there is a 4G Memory card, too.

Wren

okay in my purse: small

okay in my purse:

small mirror, cell phone, a hairbrush, a balpen, my keys, my wallet, my Ipod touch, my sister's hippie sunglasses :p, eyeliner (it's gathering too much dust...), oh and lip balm.

i don't really use make-up, which is good, because my purse isn't big enough :p

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

I am very familiar with what's in my purse

Tissues, keys, spare keys in case I lock my keys in the car, manicure kit, a dozen cash register slips I don't know why I keep them, half a dozen business cards, my wallet (empty cept for ID and cards), 2 pads, 2 tampons, nail polish, a dozen or so nail polish remover packets, my cellphone, headphones, spare charger cord, cat treats, wet wipes, certs, crackers in a zip lock bag for my 'nephew' he's really a friend's kid but I look after him 2 to 4 days a week...
then there's the lint, paper fragments, things I really need to clean out. I don't wear makeup beyond nail varnish so none of that stuff. 3 hair clips, a zip log bag of metal barrets, a bandeau for windy days, a rain hat (granny but hey).

oh and a spare pair of panties in a zip log bag cuz you never know when you might need them.

Dayna.

ps. the pads and tampns are in case anyone asks if I have one they could 'borrow'... not that I ever want it back!!!

Easy, doesn't weight that much and prepared for SHTF

Big leather purse with lots of pockets and dividers inside and cut resistant straps containing wallet, phone, umbrella, keys on a kubotan keychain, notebook, pens, cigarettes, lighters, compact, lipstick, spare panties, pads, wet wipes, tissue, sewing kit, clear polish, two rolls of quarters, water, energy bars, flash light, extra batteries, Glock, two extra hi-cap mags, pepper spray, touch taser, serrated blade knife, flint fire starter, a few votive candles, fishing line, hooks, floats, sinkers, light rope, small roll of plastic sheeting, a few Zip lock bags, a metal cup, multitool, magnetic handle with phillip bits, regular bits and security torque bits, two empty 32GB USB sticks, bootable backtrack USB stick, bootable bit defender rescue USB stick, bootable Kaspersky Labs USB stick, a USB stick with various windows utilities and scripts to reset user/system environment to defaults and additional adware/spyware/virus removal tools, some tape, a few sterile cotton gauze, gloves, dust mask, safety glasses and a small container of vinegar.

Depending on trip may add Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7 CDs, Ubantu install CDs, blank CDs and DVDs, USB modem, 6' and 25' phone and lan cables.

I carry a multimeter, soldering iron, additional tools, phone butt set, folding shovel, sleeping bag, water, food and extra ammo in the car.

Schrodinger's Cat

Extravagance's picture

If one cannot see into one's purse, there could be anything inside it.

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Ready for Just About Anything

What’s in my purse?

This is easy;

- Wallet
- 9mm Pistol with 11 Rounds
- Swiss Army knife, (a small one)
- Leatherman
- Lipstick, two shades
- Compact
- Sweet and Low in a plastic bag
- Crystal Light individual servings in a plastic bag
- Band aides
- Business cards, both personal and political
- Pen
- Small Note pad
- Spare car key
- Mobile, (only when I am out and about)
- Tape measure

As you can tell, there’s not too many situations I can’t deal with in a pinch. The only problem I have is when it comes time to pass through airport security. That’s always a fun experience.

Nancy Cole

Nancy_Cole__Red_Background_.png

~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

Scary purse

Your purse is scary you know? The only thing missing is a hand grenate to ward of zombie invasions ^^

A Useless Addition

A hand grenade would be of little use against zoombies. A hand grande produces a random spray of fragments, which may or may not kill a zoombie's brain. Anyone who has read 'The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead' would have known that.

Nancy Cole

Nancy_Cole__Red_Background_.png

~ ~ ~

"You may be what you resolve to be."

T.J. Jackson

Well I didn't think about a

Well I didn't think about a frag grenate, but about something like a molotov coctail...

It just seemed to me that your purse is more a survival kit than a purse :P

Pity for zombies

I kind of pity them... they're only allowed to end their zombiness by jumping of a watch tower. (At least that's what I heard.) That's the reason why they distribute them everywhere ^^

Depends on what you call a purse!

I'm from the UK, so what you would refer to as a purse we refer to as a handbag. For us a purse is another name for a wallet. The only things in my wallet are bank notes, coins, some bank cards, and my driving licence. There isn't room for anything else.

Also, I'm a bloke, so I don't carry a handbag, or even a manbag. The urge to carry around large quantities of stuff that may or may not be useful does appear to be a feminine trait.

Re: Depends on what you call a purse!

I'm from the UK, so what you would refer to as a purse we refer to as a handbag. For us a purse is another name for a wallet.

I wouldn't call a wallet a purse! See images below.

Mens Wallet

Ladies Purse

Dave.

Well yes, this is true. I wouldn't call my wallet a purse normally, but was trying to prevent an even bigger confusion. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't what we refer to as a wallet (almost exclusively a male term) would be called a billfold in the US, and what we call a purse (Normally a female term, although sometimes male children carry purses - I did when very young) is usually referred to as a wallet?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't what we refer to as a wallet (almost exclusively a male term) would be called a billfold in the US

I believe that is so.

what we call a purse (Normally a female term, although sometimes male children carry purses - I did when very young) is usually referred to as a wallet

If you mean in the US, I don't know. If you mean in the UK, I wasn't aware that male children used purses, I never met anyone who did, and didn't carry one when I was a child! There are, however, purses for men in the UK, I don't know if they are used in the US, though.

Dave.

I use one of those.

Carrying loose change in a the pocket of a cycling jersey isn't very convenient so I find a change purse to be useful. I try and carry it my rack pack because anything bulky in a pocket, if I should have a tumble, can do a lot of unnecessary damage and my back's bad enough as it is. My emergency mobile phone and house key are carried in the rack pack as well for the same reason.

Otherwise all I carry is my wallet with money and cards (especially my free bus pass) and a house key. If I happen to be using the car then I have the ignition key and my phone is chucked in the glove box.

When we're out in the camper I tend to use a bum-bag as storage for passport, wallet, etc so I know where it is.

Robi

Nope

I carry a wallet, though I have bought billfolds (and don't forget trifolds).

The moment it goes into my hip pocket it becomes my wallet. :D Truth, I don't think I've ever heard anyone in the Southern USA refer to it as anything else.

That common language thing sure can be confusing.

Not a lot in comparison to some!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

I thought I had a lot in mine until I read this thread!! Must make mental note to upgrade my zombie apocalypse kit in light of the above!

Anyway, in my handbag is:

• My purse
  • Collapsable umbrella (this is England)
  • iPhone (with headphones)
  • Kindle (in slip cover)
  • Personal organiser- with pen and tube map
  • Deodorant and a small hand cream
  • Make up bag (lipstick, powder, mascara, lip gloss, lip balm (marzipan flavour at the moment), compact, asprin, tissues & nailboard)
  • Supermarket receipts (which i swear i keep throwing out)
  • Scrunchy
  • Car keys

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Being a bloke...

...I don't tend to use handbags / purses and the like.

However, my clothing has multiple pockets, which tend to be filled with stuff.

Wallet: money (duh!), debit cards (x2), Tesco Clubcard, Blood donor card, NI Numbercard, Worcestershire library card (not much use since I've been living in Warwickshire for the past three years!), driving license photocard.

Trouser pockets (casual) / suit jacket outside pockets (work): car keys, house keys (including keyring LED torch)

Trouser pockets (casual, summer) / coat jacket pockets (winter) / suit jacket inside pockets (work): mobile phone, digicam

Breast pocket (suit jacket, work): ballpoint pens (frequently taken out at work, seldom returned!)

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Bags and pockets

I got wise to the "keep everything in pockets" business many years ago. I got fed up with constantly being hamster-like with pockets bulging with wallets, glasses cases, handkerchiefs, many sets of keys, mobile, palm, plus anything actually needed for the trip (!) so I made a conscious decision to start carrying a (gender-neutral) shoulder bag I could put most of this rubbish in.

Arguments against overloading pockets including wearing the linings out quickly. Plus, if you are loaded down with belongings it can be awkward if not dangerous to drive a vehicle like that - speaks the ex-courier.

Now almost every time I go out I use one of several bags to carry my kit in. Everything listed above goes in except handkerchiefs and the house keys - they never leave my person, ever. Because I use a bag it also has an umbrella, often a waterproof as well (hey, I do live in the UK!) and most other things are in resealable sandwich bags against water ingress. I have a few plastic carrier bags for purchases, smaller items go in the shoulder bag.

Penny

my purse

My purse contains, my wallet, my keys, collapsible baton, OC fogger, the keys to my fire arms lock box, Lipstick (coral blush), compact with pressed powder, foundation, eye shadow kit, peerless handcuffs and Kleenex.

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

contents

Right now my purse contains:

My phone, a notepad, two pens, my wallet, and keys, even though I'm not driving...

Samantha

and my gameboy :P

Well.. beeing a dude and a student I use a rucksack and my trouser pockets. The trouser pockets contain my wallet and my keys, my rucksack contains my notebook computer, the charging cable, a cellphone, my lip balm stick, sun cream, an usb wireless mouse, my college stuff, a usb flash-drive, books to survive the more boring lectures and my gameboy :D

Not exactly a zombie apocalypse survival kit, but it does its job ^^

Main compartment: wallet,

Brooke Erickson's picture

Main compartment: wallet, keys, change purse, kleenex.
back compartment: tampons & pads
front pocket: pens, notepad, nail clippers, folding knife

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks