Li'lWorlds - A Social AgePlay MMO

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Hi Everyone!

Well, things have been busy around here lately with me writing my story Aurora, and making improvements to LG Tales, but there is one project that I mentioned a couple years back, but haven't been talking about much lately (except a few), and I thought it was a good time to go about it.

A little over a year ago, a good friend of mine (Ashly) and I had a discussion about my being an LG and what it meant to me. She visited LG Tales and Li'lBrats, and even started writing a story linked here @ BC. She instantly fell in love with the community and decided she wanted to do something to give back.

As a result, we came up with the idea of a Virtual World. The original idea was to copy SecondLife but make it more AgePlay friendly. Well after a bit of work, we decided to go another path.

What we decided to do, was create our own Social MMO or Massively Multiplayer Online Social Community.

We are building our virtual world from scratch, and will have realistic young avatars (You can be anywhere from a toddler up to an adult if you want).

So for now, I present you with Li'lWorlds ( http://lilworlds.co.cc ).

Well ok, I present you with the website at least.

Currently we are past the initial planning, and into the early Alpha Testing phase of building the game. We are hoping to go live with a public/open Beta Test later in the year.

If you click on the "News" button you will find our first/inaugural newsletter which has a few screenshots (which are also available in the "Gallery").

Please take a moment, and let me know what you think of the site, I've spent a lot of time working on it lately, and also take a moment to tell me what you think of our game idea.

Most of the computer specifications needed to run the game, as well as details on our game engine and whatnot are on the "technology" page.

The Official forums for the game are hosted at Li'lBrats, but if there is enough interest, I can keep posting here too.

-HuGgLeS- And I hope you love the site!
-Piper/PiggilyTails/Kirstyn Amanda Fox!

And once more, just in case that address is http://lilworlds.co.cc ...

P.S. If there is anyone here, or should anyone you know be willing to help out with our project, we are always looking for good Programmers and Modelers.

We are especially interested in anyone whom is familiar with Python for Coding and or 3DSMax for modeling.

We are on the edge of being funded, but need to show a working client with basic interactions soon so why not get-in on the ground floor of a new venture and help us make the internet a more fun place to be!

I am not good at coding, but

I am not good at coding, but as a little, I look forward to this with baited breath.
Shannon Johnston

Samirah M. Johnstone

good luck.

I'm sure it will be fun when its done.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

*puts on Li'l Worlds Developer hat* :-)

Zoe Taylor's picture

Well folks, I mentioned before that I was getting into a venture as a writer, but couldn't say what that venture was. Now that the cat's out of the bag I can tell you that I'm working on the story arcs within Li'l Worlds; we don’t have a specific overarching story, but quests and NPCs with unique personalities.

Like Piper says, we're very close to being funded, but we need help to make this happen. If you know someone good with programming or 3DSMax who wants to help out, contact Piper. :-)

"...and then the day came when the
risk to remain tight in a bud was more
painful than the risk it took to blossom."

-- Anais Nin

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

Well a word from the person

Well a word from the person behind the scenes of this project..
Id like to thank those of you who have commented in a good way. :)

And Id also like to thanks BigCloset TopShelf for allowing Piper to post about this.
I have to say, the last year or two have been hard, experimenting with different platforms to develop this game on. Trying to track down people who are interested in helping it succeed hasn't been all that easy either. But we finally have a small team that works very well together, and are hoping to expand it with open arms. We also finally have the proper tools to create this vision of mine and Pipers. We however lack in a few areas, as everyone stated thats part of this, we really really need 3dsmax literate people, and a python language coder or two wouldn't be that bad either.. Also looking for other talents like area ideas, and other such things.. I'm sure Piper posted the link with the information about the game on here, so I wont repeat it.

Well thank you guys again for your support and kind words. And hope to see you in game someday!

Darkkitten (Dark Kitten) aka

Ashleigh

Click Me!

=^.^=

Become a Patron!

Have a mew of a day!